Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
We had dinner out last night with H's old volleyball coach. She chose on the border, thankfully, they weren't too busy with Cinco De Mayo stuff! It was really fun hanging with her and her son. SHe graduates from college here in 2 weeks, at the same time her oldest graduates from High School. She has an exciting month ahead of her. She has also interviewed for the administrator position of the new Rock Chalk sports center here in town. It is 180,000 sq feet and has like 16 volleyball courts, an indoor soccer field and the courts also convert to basketball. Her degree is in sports / early education something! Can't remember the exact name! We are very excited for her. Unfortunately, she will be coaching the 14 team next year....H will only be on the 13 team! Oh well, we should still get to see her around.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #92

I see the DR today at 3:00 about my foot. Hoping to get back to walking my 5 miles a day! Darn heel pain!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-I don't remember you complaining about heel pain? How long have you been dealing with it? I am sorry if I have forgotten! is it like plantar fasciitis? and you need to do stretching? hope nothing serious! let us know how the doc visit goes!

busy day again-spring always is here trying to catch up with the yard! putting pork chops in the crockpot-Bill gets his partials relined-these are still his temporary ones...hope this makes them fit-he doesn't wear them. he has a bone spur or something that needs removed too.
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 AM   #94

Jeanne - I knew it was plantar fascitis. I had it 4 years ago in the other foot. Only this time, the exercises, the boot at night, icing it, not walking....isn't helping. I have a spur too! Had one 4 years ago too. Only this time, it is the other foot.

It's Wednesday, Up day for me! YEAH! I did really well yesterday, and STILL NO CHANGE IN THE SCALE! Such is. Saw the DR, had Xrays and confirmed, I have a nice size heel spur and she thinks a raging case of Plantar Fascitis! I have steroids to take for 4 days, she is hoping to jump start the inflamation! Hopefully she is right! Thankfully, no surgery. I was very happy to hear that part!

177.0 again for me! I don't think being down 5 pounds by 05/26 is going to happen ! *sigh*
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I hope the steroids provide the relief. I had horrible plantar fascitis too a few years ago. It was my chiropractor that cured it in a few days with some electro magnetic pulses.Painless treatment and painfree feet in just a few days. Fantastic.

Monica that scale will budge you'll see.

I have been cheat free for two days. Hoping for 3 then 4......

Off to work early this morning. Trying to get our year end together. Hoping to have that wrapped up by the end of the weekend. I find it hard to do since you only do this once a year. I'm better doing stuff that is highly repetitive. It will take me awhile to get organized.

I'll talk to you later. Have a great day ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

mom had the surgery for plantar fasciitis--I am not sure it worked since her feet still hurt-not sure that was the issue since her pills for nerve pain are now working-nerve pain may have been the whole issue all along? I have had plantar fasciitis too-changing shoes seem to help along with the stretches? I haven't heard of your treatment Michelle! that is awesome-

Michelle-WTG on being cheat free for two days-keep it going!!

Monica-that is so neat about the renewal of the vows while you are on vacation-your mom will love that-we want pictures!! hang in there for a whoosh! you will make it!

so far I am hanging strong too--last night I felt a little weak about eating some of Bill's junk but I made it--there will always be so much of his cookies and sweets here-I just have to learn to live with it--I had a piece of my chocolate torte instead! it worked.

I have been into Moms this morning--planting flowers and more flowers--and did her nails again-she loves her nails-I forget to take my clippers-I wanted to do her toenails but she didn't have clippers-only scissors-she cuts her toenails with scissors-OMG! so that needs changing! I don't even have my nails done-I do too much yard work to have my nails pretty-I wish!! I can't keep them long either-they break if I try. I would love pretty nails. I take biotin but they still break.

Jeanne
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #97

Michelle good luck gathering year end stuff. I will have to inquire with my chiro. I don't think he does that type of treatment though!!!!

Jeanne - you are one busy girl this spring! For Mother's day, I think the kids are getting me flowers and such and then on Saturday D and T are planting them all while H and I are at softball!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:06 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-what did you learn about your heel pain? nice to have flowers planted for you! I need to get outside early today and work pulling weeds-it is supposed to get close to 90 today-we are supposed to get rain for 5 days after today! I didn't get much accomplished after going to Mom's yesterday and working there-I was tired!

what is everybody doing for the weekend? Nothing big planned for here-I haven't thought about it yet!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:43 AM   #99

Jeanne - It is definitely a heel spur with Plantar F. I am on steroids to help with the inflamation. I am not to WALK for exercise for a while. Hoping by the time we get back from our trip I will be able to.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #100

We had a good day yesterday. Last night we went and bought flowers. My mother's day gift is that T and Dennis are going to plant them all for me! We aren't really buying Mom/Dad's gifts for me and Dennis this year. The couples massage covers those too! But, the flowers, we would have bought no matter what...the labor, them planting them is a BONUS wonderful gift!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I think the labor of planting the flowers is the best gift ever. I always appreciate a hand over stuff.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

No real plans here. Marcel will check with his mom to see if she wants dinner out on Saturday or breakfast on Sunday.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Monica--I think the labor of planting the flowers is the best gift ever. I always appreciate a hand over stuff.
That's what I told Dennis. I would much rather leave with H Saturday morning for a day of softball and come home to it all being done! Now, will Dennis get T to actually help him??? WHO KNOWS!!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #104

How is your MIL Michelle?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi girls.

Michelle WTG on the no cheat. You inspire me to do better.

Jeanne how were the port chops in the crock pot? I have never done that.

Ouch Monica, sorry about the heel. I have heard they are very painful. How are your feet today? Do you feel any improvement?

No plans for Mothers day here. DH is working, and I probably won't do much. In my mind it will be a day off of waiting/cooking for the others. It's not a big deal as I like to eat too! But I will sit around and read the whole paper.... that kind of stuff.

Taking Pepper to the vet tomorrow to get his teeth cleaned. sigh.... I hope that is the problem.

I will ask about the thyroid Jeanne thanks for asking.

Well, we had to buy a new AC and heater unit. So that is where I have been the last couple of days. Ours was too old to keep putting money into. So it just stinks. But what are ya gonna do?? Nuttin honey. Got to have AC here. It's like living in North H---. If there is a place. LOL

Later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Michelle
Quote:

Old 05-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #107

Anna, do you notice it working much better now? We had an old unit that could barely keep up with the SUMMER heat. I mean, the dang thing RAN constantly...was probably too small for the house size (dang builders grade stuff). In 2004 when we remodeled our house and added to it, builder was like, you can keep the old....but if it is already struggling, YOU WILL BE SORRY! We upgrade both at that time....SO GLAD WE DID. SO much more efficient and such. Now the only problem we have is the register is upstairs, where all the heat rises too, so our 2 downstairs levels are ALWAYS COLD. We literally shut all the vents in our 2 lower levels the whole summer. (we have a tri-level house).
Old 05-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #108

Actually, I do think my heel is feeling better. I hate to say that...don't want to jinx it all!

So I have been researching more and more stuff online for our trip. I am getting SUPER excited. I think H is going to learn scuba stuff with dennis, I think H, Dennis and my sister will go Ziplining too. Both those things cost extra (scuba because of the certification) ziplining because it is offsite. But heck, when will we be in Jamaica again??? WHO KNOWS!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Just received a box of flowers delivered from the oldest son for Mothers Day--this was the trouble child all those years ago-he has sure changed over the years-there is hope Monica-you just have to hang on and survive the years now!! we are very close now thank goodness.

Monica-Jamaica sounds wonderful--the trips you are taking are making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime-it is wonderful that you and your parents are doing it all together too-and you make it a family affair-we did a few like with my parents-we just went to florida and took them when Chris and Kim lived there but they traveled with us and they enjoyed the trips-they were past driving themselves by then.. my mom is almost past driving now I think-she doesn't like driving but refuses to give up her license.!! Is your sisters husband going too?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #110

Jeanne, you are right. There is hope! MY T is going to the movies with me tonight. Originally when I talked to him about it, he said he needed to study, he had a change of hearts! It will be just he and I. Dennis and H will be doing softball all evening!
Jamaica, my BIL is not going. His youngest daughter is getting married in late June and he thought it would be better to save his $$$ and stay home. Sucks to be him
Old 05-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #111

So as I stated, tonight is softball for Dennis and H. T and I will go see Captain America at Fork n Screen (thank you GOD it's an Up day). Tomorrow I will take the softball games with H. We will be there most of the day. Hoping not too late, depends on how much they win. T has plans with Aimee to have lunch and study. I do believe D will plant the flowers all by himself! SHOCKING! Sunday we will do church/SS and then we will drive to KC to meet my parents and my sister and BIL. Mom loves going to the mall, eating in the food court (NO CROWDS, no LINES) and then shopping. SO that is what we will do!

You all have plans???
Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #112

176.0 today, I think the steroids are working against me.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

No plans here for the weekend-just a quiet weekend for the two of us-the best kind! we are forecast rain for the weekend-if that does happen-it might be a movie weekend-otherwise I will probably work in the landscaping-uggg! the rain will just make the weeds continue to grow-another ugg! I can't even spray weedkiller with all this rain-I need a few days of dry weather for it to work!

Monica-the steroids are working against you--nothing you can do about that-just hang in there

back later girls

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-09-2014 at 07:01 AM..
Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Good morning

Monica
Quote:
176.0 today, I think the steroids are working against me.
05-09-2014 05:05 AM
Those steroids are totally to blame. I gained 7 lbs when I had to take them in March. And not to sound bad, but it all just didn't fall off when the treatment stopped. BUT if it is helping you just have to do it.

Your trip sounds like so much fun. Love the part about your parents renewing their vows. Keep us posted as much as you can.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Michelle how are you doing?

I am hoping for a quite week-end.

I cheated Wed, had the grand, we made cookies..... I am back on the wagon the next day. But why do I cheat? I know how hard it is to get back to normal.

Jeanne how are you doing? Are you counting carbs? For whatever reason that always helps me. Have you cooked anything new lately?

Busy day ahead, will check in later
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

I hope all my lady friends here had a great mother's day. You are all such wonderful, caring mothers and deserve a wonderful day of appreciation.

We went and had brunch with the MIL. She is doing much much better. Her legs are still quite swollen and hard. I don't know what that is about and apparently she asked the doctor this week and they did not give her an answer. Maybe my medical friend Jeanne has an idea?????

My furbabies didn't do anything for mother's day but what do you expect from dogs?????

I might be baby sitting another foster dog next weekend. His name is Jackie and he is a jack russell. He is a little mean though, but supposedly not with small dogs only big ones. The foster mom is suppose to come by one night this week to see how well they will do together.

It was a relatively cheat free weekend here. I haven't step on the scale though. I am waiting to feel some looseness in my pants before I jump on the scale. I don't want to be disappointed with the numbers and go on a binge.

Oh well time to relax. I worked hard this weekend getting our year end ready for the accountant. It is done and ready to go now. Let summer begin!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Michelle- on a cheat free weekend--I can't say the same-we did get invited next door to the kids for a cookout-and I did what I always do and then came home and continued what I always do!! I am going to quit even talking about my failures-they make me more of a failure! it is all I have to say anymore-I don't have a clue why I can't pull it together?

Michelle-when you have CHF -congestive heart failure-the simple explanation is that your heart is worn out-and can't pump well enough to get the blood out of the heart and lungs to the rest of the body-so it backs up and eventually it backs up enough that the extremities end up with the fluid. this is one of the major signs -swelling of the lower legs and feet-she needs to make sure she is taking her Lasix-the water pill-and her Lanoxin/digoxin-this pill makes the heart pump stronger to help it work getting it to work better--almost everyone who has CHF is on these two pills-she may need more if they aren't working as well--or is she becomes short of breathe again-or starts coughing-then the fluid is backing up into her lungs also. A lot of elderly DO NOT take their medication correctly... even though they are clear as a bell when you talk to them--they miss lots of doses.. so you might check if her swelling again is new after her legs had gone down from the previous episode. and she needs to lay off the salt too. If her legs have never gone down-and the doctor hasn't given her Lasix and lanoxin- I am sure they have-she needs to elevate as much as possible and hopefully they will continue to adjust her medication to get her legs down-it sounds like they need to keep working????

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-11-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Old 05-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #118

Anna - thanks for the info. I took my last steroid pill today. I think I will stay off the scale till Saturday. No need to upset myself.

Michelle - way to stay on plan! The weekends are the toughest, at least for me.

Jeanne - you are so knowledgable! SMART ONE you are!

Had a good mother's day. We did SS and church. I teach the older kids SS, so I have both my kids in class. I did a mother's day craft project with them. Wasn't sure how it would go....you never know with Teens. It went GREAT! H used her project for my Mom and T is going to give his to Aimee. Then Church. After that, we headed out to KC to do the mall/food court thing with my MOM. She loves that. I was looking for 1 more swimming top. I found it! YEAH! I am now ready for the trip! I gave my mom a tupperware cake container (hers is probably 30+ years old and is not sealing correctly anymore) a picture coffee mug, a little 31 tote, a charm for her bracelet and sugar free candies. H wrote her this long letter about HOW GREAT She is. Great Nana, Great Friend, you name it. I think my Mom read it 10 times in the few hours we were with her. she even read it to my sister! Funny!!!

It's NOW MOnday! T wasn't feeling well today, so I said, stay home. Gets some extra sleep. I don't think he is full blown sick, just a tummy ache/headache thing.

I saw his leg yesterday where he has cut himself. I wanted to CRY! He is still cutting some, per the therapist, but not always. I didn't mention I saw it, but it looked a little red around the scabs. I plan to text his therapist to remind him to use neosporin. I didn't want to mention it as, he was reluctant to wear shorts anyway.... Makes me so sad!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

ohhww-that hurts about T's leg and how it makes you feel-I feel your pain and how hard it has to be when you can't even address it-he has to hurt too when it is so visible? you would think that would make him stop but this just shows how much it he uses it as an outlet and he can't stop sometimes--so so sad.

Love the letter Haven wrote for your Mom--I really want to adopt that girl!!

Glad you got what you need for your vacation-I am anxious to see pics of Jamaica Maan!

lots to do today-tomorrow evening is the mother/daughter dinner for the D of I at the church-not looking forward to it but mom is excited!! she has been planning for weeks what she is taking! Lord help with the meal!

I may mow a little today--Bill needs to take my car out to his brothers-he has one of those computer things that tells the codes--my car needed to be serviced so I thought the check engine light soon was about that--Nope--Bill changed the oil yesterday and that light won't go off-yikes-I have driven 500 miles with it on thinking it was about the oil change!! duh! I hope it is nothing serious-my car is a 2002 and it has to last forever! I can't buy a new car!

Michelle-Jack Russels are so darn cute!! I always admire their spriteness! if that is a word-the way they move around is so cute! you are such a good foster mommy!

Anna--there is not a cookie that is safe around me-NONE
back later

Last edited by jbatchelor; 05-12-2014 at 06:15 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #120

Haven Me Mom yesterday

Haven me