Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 05:47 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
This Week has been going good. DS15's therapist called me last night and gave me an update. She told me she thought things were improving. She told me that he has indicated he isn't cutting anymore, so that is great. I think the meds are doing wonders for him. Even he and his Girlfriend are on a better track now too! He was so very dark for several months there. It certainly HELPS to smile some! Enjoy life
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
very good news!
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

I have a busy week-end. All day Sat is our Boy Scout troop yearly yard sale at the Church. (My Jewish DH is at the Catholic church so much people think we belong there!!) Last week one of the guys ask him if he was a member of the Knights. The Father sent us a Christmas card even. LOL

Anyway I have that to help with, plus DD Orchestra group is helping the choir with UIL this week-end. So she is working that, and they always need adults. DS has his final violin recital from college on Sat also. We were invited to a b-day party, but don't think we will attend.

All that is Sat, hopefully Sun will be Church for me then get ready for the week.

I'm still thinking about LC. I may do something else. Sorry, can't make my mind up. If I didn't have to eat all the time I would try JUDD again.....but I got to hungry.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #64

Anna - that is funny about your DH and the catholic church. Your children must be very talented. To be playing in College, that's amazing!

Eating plans, AHHHH there are so many to choose from. Girl you are in maintenance, you shouldn't fret it so much!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #65

Jeanne how was your day with your MOM yesterday???

Michelle - things still improved at home/sleep/night with Twinkle?

Anna - you ready for the weekend??
Old 05-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #66

It's Friday, it's an Up Day! DH and I plan on sitting by the fire pit this evening eating Pizza and having a glass or 2 of wine!

177.0 this a.m.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Have a great UD Monica and fun by the fire with your hubby. Enjoy and relax. You deserve it.

Jeanne---How did things go with your mom?

Anna---Enjoy your action packed weekend.

As for me...well I had a slip with a 1/2 dozen cookies yesterday. It could have been worse. I use to slip and have two dozen. But yesterday I thought of all of you and "stopped the insanity at six" Maybe next time it will just be one and one wouldn't be that bad. I slipped because of TOM the cramps were horrible and it put me in such a depressed state. It was a beautiful sunny day here and I felt as if it was rainy and grey. I couldn't cheer up no matter what I did. Today much better. Can you ladies tell me something? When TOM is over do you still have the mood swings and depression for no reason or does that go away too?

As for Twinkle she is doing ok. We went to bed at 10:30. She got up at 12 and then 5. Much better. But these pills aren't cheap. I hope after a month or so on these we can ween her off and do away with them, but the doc is not so convinced. Won't worry about that right now.

Off to work...talk to you later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:38 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
WTG for T feeling better-I can remember the very day that I felt better when the meds clicked in when I had been in a deep depression-it was day 21-it just seems to take those 3 weeks with the SSRIs -so very glad they are working for T without having to switch-I was praying Prozac would be the one to work for him!!

woohoo for you Monica--your weight is going down! the pizza and wine tonite is so deserved! celebrate the moments girl!

Anna-it is great to come in and see you and Pepper!! thrills me so!! I am just glad to see you--I don't think you need to worry about a plan either--you are maintenance so just maintain!! quit worrying about it--don't you cook for the hubs ? I wouldn't stress so much about it?

Michelle-I bet you have lots of hours of sleep to catch up on? I sure do hope this is the beginning of Twinkle new schedule.. wear her out of the weekends and maybe you can get even more?

Dolly is back in her sweater since yesterday-it is super cool-I wore my heavy jacket while mowing -yes I am back to mowing--dang it--we have had so much rain the yard was horrible so I climbed onto the mower last evening after getting Mom back from the doctor-she had a great visit-she is doing well according to the doctor--that made her feel good!!

I had a good day on plan yesterday--even after buying the man a dozen donuts while out-I didn't touch a one-and I don't intend to-I have been so used to eating whatever I have bought for him in the last few months that it has become routine to eating his junk! I need to break that habit!

I am planning on working in the yard this weekend-I still have more PREENing to do-and weeding to do that didn't get done-lots more-It is supposed to be nice I think and next week it is supposed to be back up into the 80s for the first time this year--woohoo--as long as it doesn't get any warmer I am fine with that-I don't do heat well.

have a great day girls-this is my Feed my Sheep day so I will check in with you all later

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-hands off the cookies! quit following me!!! I would have eaten them all!! I am the queen of depression-I don't think I can equate eating with TOM even after my hysterectomy? I just wanted to eat all the time? and my periods were always irregular anyway-so I could never really connect the food-I have been an equal opportunity eater with my eating! ie-all the time!

I bet they charge more for dog medication when it is the same dose as human? I hope she can come off of it too but I am like the vet-doubtful? only thing is to try!

now I really need to go!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #70

Michelle - way to stop at 6 cookies! As for TOM and moods, I don't track my cycle anymore, so I am never sure if I am off because of TOM or just an off day. When I did have full cylces (now I cycle, just don't bleed) I would notice the day before (PMS) I would be overly emotional, but that was always it. I have never truly been depressed, so I can't offer any help there. Now, I have seen true depression in my son.....but thankfully, he doesn't cycle! LOL

Jeanne - glad everything went well for your Mom yesterday. WOW you did a full day and mowed??? THat's a lot! Don't over do it girl! How's the back?

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

I ordered a flat of geraniums from the 4-H fundraiser this year for the 1st time-I went to pick them up tonite and when I got back Bill was mowing-it was a welcome relief-I hate mowing the section he was mowing-it usually takes me 2-3 days to mow so I knew I would be mowing this weekend--he is surprising me by getting out there this year! I hope it continues! My sciatica is always there-I really need to go to the chiro but I just haven't had the time.. maybe soon..

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I need to find something to cook tomorrow-I really find this the hardest part-once-the menu!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:56 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hi

Jeanne what a wonderful surprise, Bill mowing for you!! Flowers from 4-H, I want some. I go to Home Depot. But have not done that this year. No time.

So what are you cooking? I am always in need of ideals.

I made a baked cauliflower salad last night, to go with left overs. DH took one bite, said it is good. But he didn't eat any. I got it from a blogger, Kaylen's Kitchen. She has a lot of South Beach stuff.... but a lot of it is good for just LC.

Enjoy your week-end. Let us know how you do. If you get to tempted come on here and read some success stories.....and know we are here.

I have been meaning to ask, how is your BS? My DH is doing good, in addition to LC he has added a little exercise and it has made a difference. Lower BS. All he is dong is walking more, and taking the stairs at work.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:00 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Michelle it takes will power to stop at 6 cookies. You do have will power. Hopefully you will have warmer weather soon. That alone will help. Are you going to foster any more kids soon? My little Pepper has been down, and several test and way to much $$ no real answers.

Zipp hope you have a great week-end also.

I will check in later.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning friends!!! I am still being good--leaving the donuts alone-and the cookies!! you know how easy the cookies are to grab but I have left them alone-no cookies for you either Michelle--we can do this together right? just need to get into ketosis and we will be even stronger-maybe tomorrow for me!

I am planning on getting outside shortly and working in the landscaping-maybe planting those geraniums -will have to see if I have enough potting soil-need to PREEN for sure-lots to do-enough to last the whole day! I will pay for it tomorrow using the muscles I don't use but once a year.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Cassidy is in the middle in black-this is in our back yard across the pond

on the staircase
Old 05-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gorgeous grand daughter and gorgeous yard. Now I see why you always have to mow!

I will try and be better today. Yesterday was not good. Spaghetti and then Oreos!!!!!!

Anna---No new furbabies for now. Still trying to make Twinkle a better dog.
Hope Pepper perks up soon. It is sad to see them not their usual.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-what do they think is wrong with Pepper? how is he acting? I get really nervous when Dolly is sick-our vet is just a small country clinic and we lost our last dog I really believe due to the lack of the right care that a larger type of animal hospital would have provided-we just don't have anybody close to provide that kind of care and it scares me should we ever need it again. Hope he gets better soon.

Michelle-mowing 10 acres is not fun anymore to me-I really am considering selling/moving-maybe it will be different when Bill retires and he can take over the mowing but then there is all the weeding in the landscape that I no longer want to do either-I dream a lot lately of moving-having a different house with no landscaping-I dream when I am weeding! I see changes coming in the next few years. You and I are from the same cloth for sure--I see that--we both can't be good for too long--so get back in gear and we will tackle it again--have you seen those spaghetti made out of glucomannan? I think netrition has them-I haven't had them yet but there is a thread about them-I have read some-you rinse them real good-apparently they are in a solution that stinks! but then they take on whatever sauce you put them in-maybe you can find that thread and check it out--I have some dreamfields in the pantry-I guess they have now decided it was a hoax after all--I liked it myself and didn't think it affected me too badly? I will use up what I have and see if I buy anymore?

back later
Old 05-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Wow Jeanne, beautiful gd, and pretty yard. I miss Green so much. sigh.....

Who does your gd look like? She is very beautiful.

Not sure what is going on with Pepper. He doesn't act like he feels good, only wants to eat soft foods. So I took him in, saying I think it may be a tooth. But they did blood work first and bla bla bla long story short told me he may have cancer, or some disease. He was running a fervor. Got 2 meds, more blood test, ultra sound. And they can't find anything wrong with him. So guess what the vet says, maybe it is a tooth?? (all this cost over 900) ouch No doggie insurance.

I really like this vet, but I am troubled it has taken so long for him to listen to mom here. kwim?? I have taken P here all his life with us, 8 yrs, he is 9. So I guess I will call in a day or two for a teeth cleaning appt. That too cost a lot. Which we as everyone else have to many bills now......

Poor eating day... to many left overs and to much chocolate.

Michelle how was the rest of your week-end?

Jeanne what is on the menu this week?

Later girls
Old 05-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Ouch that vet bill is high! but a good thing if they haven't found anything? but the tooth? Is his breathe bad smelling? that would be a good sign he has a bad tooth maybe? I hope he feels better soon-it is worrisome I know-one of our kids! our vet doesn't even do teeth cleaning-rural again!!! I just keep buying Dolly bones and things she can chew that I hope help?

I had a taco salad last nite-leftovers tonite-not sure what I will cook tomorrow but I need something with leftovers--as we go back to Aspen Dental Tuesday nite and Bill will want to eat at Ponderosa buffet which is across the street if I don't have something ready to eat at home--so I better be ready-or I lose my battle too!

Anna-your weight seems so stable-I wouldn't worry about some chocolate-as long as you stay in the same range-now I can gain 10 pounds in about 3 days-I of course binge eat!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls--I am going to work out in the yard today-planted most of my geraniums yesterday but have a few more to plant today-I have not even purchased my begonias-they go in the shade area in front of the porch-I usually buy 36 plants for there-I hate planting those! I hope to finish preening today and get some more weeding done-before it gets too warm-the heat is coming--yikes I hate the heat-we go from cool to heat here

Michelle-how you doing girl? did you get off the cookies? it seems we run hot and cold-one on and one off the woe-so far so good for me this week-tomorrow is the test-Bill will want to eat out-I need to cook-

Monica-how was the weekend? busy I am sure! hope it was a good one without drama.

Anna-still so nice to have you back and joining us again-

well-need to get dressed and get started-back later
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #81

Jeanne - those pictures are amazing! How fun for the kids. If T's girlfriend isn't interested in prom, I don't think he will push for it either. *sigh* not sure he will take in any of the fun high school stuff. Heck yesterday was Mud Volleyball day for his school. H and I drove by it several times with our errands, she was like, WHY wouldn't he want to go. She said, I will go ALL FOUR YEARS!!! They are so very different!!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #82

Michelle - how did your weekend go??? were you able to regroup??? YOu can do this. I know you can.

Anna - sorry to hear about your doggie! THat is no fun and YES Vets are so expensive these days.

Speaking of vets, T came to us yesterday stating he didn't think he wanted to be a vet anymore.....shocked us, since he has said that for years. Now, LAWYER! I just laughed and said, I pitty anyone who may be against you in court!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #83

OUr weekend was good. We got a lot of laundry done, yard work done and some final shopping for our Jamaica trip....which we leave for in 3 weeks from TODAY!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne
Quote:
Ouch that vet bill is high! but a good thing if they haven't found anything? but the tooth? Is his breathe bad smelling? that would be a good sign he has a bad tooth maybe? I hope he feels better soon-it is worrisome I know-one of our kids!
No bad breath.... a little doggie breathe, but not bad. I looked at all his teeth, touched them all, he didn't seem to mind. He can not eat kibble at all, just spits it out. I have tried several kinds, canned dog food, eggs, cooked carrots he is good with. But he is eating very slow?? He was the dog that ate everything....the ONLY thing he does not like is lettuce. He loves all other veggies....even cooked collards?!

He just lays around a lot, and acts like he is to tired to care. Big change all of a sudden. He normally is hyper....good....but always there with his ears perked up....just hard for us.

Me and hubs were just discussing how important Pepper is in our family. We all love the dog, we may disagree with each other but the dog holds us together. Our ds is graduating from college in 2 weeks, he has come home to live for the summer. DD is not happy, she likes being a only child. Monica he is very musically talented. He got college scholarships for music, then decided to do something else...... broke my heart..... but that is another story.

Sorry for the rant.........

I hate to say it but T might make more $$ as a vet than a lawyer. As of now the field is pretty full. But he is young and might change his mind to something else anyway.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Anna-still so nice to have you back and joining us again
Thanks Jeanne

How is your bs?? My hubs eats out about once a week, so far he has done pretty good. Maybe look at the menu on line before you go and decide what your going to eat before you get there. Seems to help him.

Our AC went out last night. Good grief, suppose to get up to 92 today. It is an old unit so we are looking at replacing it.

I need a smiley with tears. Lol

Later
Old 05-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #86

Anna - Honestly, money has nothing to do with his decision. Lately, I have been worried how he would handle working with customers...he has little patience and complains about everything! He loves debate and I think that is what has sparked his interest. WHO KNOWS what he will end up doing?? But with him graduating a full year early, he needs to have an idea so we know what college direction to go. He mentioned Harvard!!! Let's hope he gets a TON of scholarships!

So sorry to hear about your Pepper! I hope they figure out what is up. Our Doggies are very much a PART of our family. No question of their importance. I would be LOST without both of mine!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Anna---So sorry to hear about Pepper. Let's hope a cause comes up soon and he will be on the mend.

Monica--- You must be so looking forward to your trip. What will the kids be doing while you're gone?

Jeanne---All that yard work you talk about makes me tired. I would never keep up with all of that. Hope the heat holds off til you're done.

It is still very cold here. May 5th and it is hovering 0. We haven't sat outside once this year. How very sad.

I fell way off the wagon this weekend. But my stomach hurt so bad after the binge that I am just doing shakes for breakfast and lunch today with fish for supper. Hopefully I learned my lesson for a while. I just have to remember the pain I was in last night and that should smarten me up.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-I am sure they checked his thyroid? if they have done 900 worth of tests I would think thyroid would have been one of the firsts when you mention sluggish? not eating etc -hope they figure it out soon-we are the same way with our pets-we are devastated when they are ill and sick. how is his hair? any change there?

Monica-I figured T would be great as a lawyer ever since he was great on the debate team! It is so hard for someone of that age to figure out what to do-there are tests that they can do now that can help point them in a direction -I am sure the school knows and has maybe done some? or has access to do some to help him narrow the field on occupations?

Michelle-I do the same thing-binge until I feel physically ill-but it is like I have to eat everything because I am restarting tomorrow!! is that nuts or what? so I just cram cram cram--I don't have any reasoning--I know how you feel-we are really the same--glad you are back to sanity--we are insane at times! why do we do it? I wish I knew.

it is 85 today and I promised Mom to plant her flowers Wednesday-she has sooooo many plants and pots-I told her it was time to stop all of this but she buys new flowers every year-she can't do it anymore and I am getting to the point where I don't want to do my own and I can't do it let alone hers too--I really am tired --I hope she takes it to heart for next year and quits buying --this needs to be the last year-we will see. I am just burnt out still from last year.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-my bs is still pre-diabetic range-in the low 100s--110 range-I wish it was lower-but I need to exercise and it probably would be. I have already planned to cook tomorrow to prevent going to Ponderosa-I would cave probably-so the crockpot will save us I hope! I need to get further into being on plan before I can go there and stay on plan! the sweet stuff would do me in!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #90

Quote:
Monica--- You must be so looking forward to your trip. What will the kids be doing while you're gone?
They are going with us. ALso my parents and sister. While we are there my Parents will have their 49th wedding anniversary. For this, we have arranged a renewal of the vows ceremony. My Mom has no idea. I wanted it a surprise for both, but they needed their marriage certificate. Had to tell DAD! I can't wait. It will include a small reception with cake and then later we will have an intimate dinner for just the 7 of us! Possibly on the pier!

Jeanne - way to plan with the crock pot! We need to get BETTER at planning out meals. We tend to go on the fly, which sometimes gets us in trouble.

Anna - AC fixed?