Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Not much happening up here. It snowed up here today. It is suppose to be nicer tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. 95% of the snow is gone. If we could just have a few good days and then we could rake and start our spring!

Have fun at the games this weekend. I hope you have good weather for them how is T doing with his girlfriend? You said you thought it might end soon?

Hope you are enjoying your family Jeanne.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - I thought of you the moment I woke up Saturday morning. I was thinking of you doing your final touches on everything for the influx of people you were going to have. How was it all? Did the weather hold out?

Michelle - I am not sure how they are doing. I think they had a good time going out on Saturday evening. I try not to ask too many questions. It's HE LL walking on egg shells constantly. It really gets on your nerves after so long.

This weekends bomb shell from him was that, as of now, he doesn't believe in Jesus as the son of God. I know I have written here, we are a faithful family. Heck, he was just confirmed back in October. As he was telling us about his doubts and such, I said, just in October you made your faith statement at church....I guess things have changed. This kid is going to be the end of me. Not sure I have any tears left. Dennis says he thinks it is a phase. I told T that, I question certain aspects of things, it is normal to question. He said, what I am feeling is nothing norma. So be it. I think he said now he wants to become a jew! BLAH! His deal. I can't and won't force religion, it's not how it goes. Ironically, his girlfriend is a strong CHristian. I am certain he hasn't spoke a word of this to her. He just can't let us just have a good full weekend! Other than that bombshell yesterday, we did have a good weekend. Till then!

Yesterday was a higher down day. Today is an up day! I hope everyone has a good Monday!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hey girls-I have had router issues due to the weather-sorry to be mia! I will post a few pics when I can-we had a super busy weekend--had a good time but I still didn't really get time with the kiddos-seems I was being called to do this or that--I had all the prom kids and their parents and even grandparents!! I didn't know they were all coming here! it went well-Rachel and I were the only ones who went to the grand march-we left Bill and Nate with the kids so we could enjoy the grand march-I of course could barely move-I can't lift kids without throwing my back out --I am old-so I paid for that all weekend! I can't not lift them though!! so it was an aleve weekend for me! Allie is a calm baby!! the total opposite of her brother--thank goodness--I couldn't handle two of the same! he never settles down-I can't keep up! sure makes me know I am old-I feel it when they are here for sure!!

anyway-blew the diet-and blew it again today since Bill took a rain day -tomorrow is another day-

Monica--Nate took a class at Ball State from an atheist professor-he then proclaimed he didn't believe in religion anymore-after spending all those years in church and school teachings---I didn't argue the point-just let it go-then last year he and Rachel joined a church and had Lucas baptized and seemed to enjoy the church where they lived--they have since moved and no longer live there-but at least I know that his heart is no longer where it was when he was in college and I am sure T is trying to just seeing where he can shock you and see how much attention it gets him- it has to be so hard no knowing what to say or do but just know your whole family is in my prayers daily.

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies.

Monica I believe Jeanne is right. T is just testing the waters. Although many questions come to mind when you are a teenager and sometimes the answers aren't so clear, but he has had a good upbringing and in his own time he will return to his roots. Kids are always finding themselves. Keep the faith and know we are here for you.

Nothing new here. Oh except the snow melted. Yippee!!!! But it is still unseasonably cold. I want some heat!!!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

hang in there Michelle--the warmth is coming--altho we have rain forecast for 8 days-I hate that-the sun makes me feel so much better! just watching the sky for tornados is what is going on this week! glad the snow is gone! I feel so far behind with all this rain-the weeds are overtaking me--I remember this feeling!!! not good!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Monica--Nate took a class at Ball State from an atheist professor-he then proclaimed he didn't believe in religion anymore-after spending all those years in church and school teachings---I didn't argue the point-just let it go-then last year he and Rachel joined a church and had Lucas baptized and seemed to enjoy the church where they lived--they have since moved and no longer live there-but at least I know that his heart is no longer where it was when he was in college and I am sure T is trying to just seeing where he can shock you and see how much attention it gets him- it has to be so hard no knowing what to say or do but just know your whole family is in my prayers daily.
Dennis thinks the same thing Jeanne. SHOCK VALUE right now. ANything and everything to hurt us. We are meeting with our Pastor tonight (just Dennis and I) to discuss things. Thus far, we have told him we support him in his search for faith. The only thing we stated is, if you plan to participate in the youth group functions, you will also have to attend church. He agreed and said he would continue doing so. Time will tell!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:39 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Hey ladies.

Monica I believe Jeanne is right. T is just testing the waters. Although many questions come to mind when you are a teenager and sometimes the answers aren't so clear, but he has had a good upbringing and in his own time he will return to his roots. Kids are always finding themselves. Keep the faith and know we are here for you.

Nothing new here. Oh except the snow melted. Yippee!!!! But it is still unseasonably cold. I want some heat!!!!!
I am sure you are right. It is just really TOUGH to hear! It is cold here today too. High in the 40's!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:42 AM   #38

Jeanne - maybe you can see a chiropractor? Get that back , back where it needs to be? Sorry you couldn't spend much time with the babes! Sounds like you had a fun/good weekend anyway.

Michelle - so glad the snow is gone for you. It's almost May 1st, so I guess it is time for it to go!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I have that overwhelmed feeling-no sleep the last two nites-maybe too much excitement over the weekend? I enjoyed myself so much though so it wasn't stressful-don't know why I can't sleep-just can't shut down-? anyway-I have an invitation to shopping with my friend Marita tomorrow--can't wait for that! we haven't made it shopping for awhile! her schedule is busy being a nurse with different hours so I never know when to call for fear of waking her so I was thrilled when she called last nite! so I have another busy week--Mom back to the doctor on Thursday-and my volunteer job today and Friday--I am doing laundry today and some cleaning-so I am checking in and scooting out--I will be back later

glad you both are talking with your pastor re T--I am sure he will give some good advice

Michelle--I am back on plan today--hope to make it today I mean--how you doing? I am thinking of doing some shakes to speed up the process-I have a couple of atkins RTD and I have lots of canisters to make some with powder I need to learn to use! I just bought a half gallon of almond milk so I will see where that gets me -I have never really tried a shake plan--I NEED some quick results!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Hope things go well with the pastor tonight Monica. I'm sure if he is still willing to go to church and participate in the youth group stuff he is just trying to bug you guys. Even though tough to deal with I'm sure. Poor H. to have to put up with all of this too I'm sure. I know when I was younger and my brother announced he was gay to my parents life was never the same in our household. There were screaming matches and then days of complete silence. It was difficult for me even though I wasn't part of either. But I understood it was them dealing with it and I think that's when I started to develop as my own person. Oh family...... what ya goin do!!!!!

Jeanne I have a shake every breakfast. I just found it easier and I really am not that hungry first thing in the morning, so a shake fit the bill. But I can't get myself to do shakes at any other meal. I feel very unsatisfied after having a beverage for my supper.

I haven't weighed myself since we started so I don't know for sure how I'm doing but I imagine not so good. My fat jeans are still tight on me. I am eating much better but still slipping here and there. And I guess my perimenopause is really kicking in. I get my period every 2 weeks now so I am always moody and bloated. I imagine I won't be losing much during this stage in my life. I hope just not to gain too much more.

Later girls....off to work.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Girls....

Hope it's ok to stop by. I have been knee deep in numbers.

I'm not following much of any diet. Today. I change everyday. LOL

But I just wanted to send ya a hug Zipp. I have been in your shoes with 2 of my kids, and it just doesn't stop. The other 2 are so easy. sigh I totally agree with Jeanne and Michelle. Even though T, and my 2 are good students, debate, work for the community for free, etc. honor roll types. They just seem to need to make waves.

But I have to add, does T realize being Jewish means no Christmas?? LOL (my dh is Jewish. I am Christian) Beautiful religion. My dh is not religious....we did raise our kids Jewish. Sort of. One is, one not so much. I am sure your pastor can help.

Hi Jeanne, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the week-end.

Michelle I am glad spring is in the air for you! How is Twinkle? Does Ben like her? My Pepper has been sort of down.....took him for blood work today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #42

Anna - I had no idea your DH was jewish. You know, I htink T said jewish, to add SHOCK value to it all. (they can't eat pork either, right?) We are mainly meeting with Pastor for him to help Dennis and I cope with things. We have become less intimate and I just can't seem to find the mood. For me, once T was out of the room, my issue with him supposedly being jewish has to do with the fact that IF what christians believe is true, if he doesn't believe Jesus is God's son, came here, rose from the dead....then there is NO heaven for him. That is what upset me the most. I cried to Dennis , while Dennis kept saying, I don't know that that is the case. I said, Dennis, it is the BASIS of all Christain faiths, the ONLY thing you truly have to firmly believe is JESUS is God's son and what Easter means for that. That is the part that shook me the most. Later, once I calmed down, I thought more like you all....T is doing this to SHOCK/HURT ME! I would love to hear more about your children.

Michelle - we worry a lot about what toll this has on H. Our Screaming fights are done. D and I agreed, we won't let T suck us into those. We merely walk away. It isn't fair to H to have ot listen to all that. SHe is really busy and often, when this stuff is going on, she isn't home. We are trying very much so to allow all this to have little impact on her. I talk with her often about it all and tell her she can always talk to us, with us, if she needs to.

Jeanne - you do have a busy week! I think if you go to the recipe sections on this site, you can search for shake recipes. I think there are TONS!

I think what hits me so hard is now, I am questioning my volunteering at church. I mean, am I truly a suitable Sunday School teacher if my own SON is now stating he doesn't believe. A lot of all of what is happening with T has rocked my very core/foundation. I used to feel, for the most part, I was an OK mom. Now I don't believe I come close to even being OK. It has shook my very core. T will get mad and state to us, you are in charge, I have to do what you say. The sad thing is, right now, we have NO/ZERO control over him. For the most part, he is calling the shots. Nothing major, but we have backed way off on a lot of things for fear of raising issues and him cutting himself more and more. EGGSHELLS I tell you. Thankfully, he doesn't stay out late, go running around, choose not to do his homework, it's the little things he defies us about. I guess we are lucky with all that.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #43

Anna - we have missed you. HOpe you are back now for good!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
zipp2play Anna - I had no idea your DH was jewish. You know, I htink T said jewish, to add SHOCK value to it all. (they can't eat pork either, right?)
LOL my dh eats bacon every time it is around. He eats all pork. BUT he is not a serious Jew. His mother is Asian. To be considered a real Jew your mother must be Jewish. I took his faith when we got married, because I wanted peace, a religious home. And I love all the history in a Jewish service. BUT I don't know Hebrew....so I am there listening but not knowing what is going on. My dh has no desire to go to church with me. He is just NOT a religious person.

My advice you and Dennis must hold on to each other right now. More important now than ever. Because not only will you benefit, but so will H. She needs to see/feel your love for each other. She will feel secure knowing you are united.

I agree with your religious feelings. Doesn't that make it more important for you to continue as a Sunday School teacher?? Stand up for what you believe. T will respect you for standing your ground. Took me 20 yrs to learn that one. For the first time I proudly tell my kids I am praying for them. Guess what, they now ask me to pray for them....

I don't have the answers but it is truly a test. A test of all I have believed also. Just hold on to your beliefs, D, H and God. And T will do what he wants, but at least you won't be alone.

And of course we're all here for you to.

xo my friend
Old 04-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

ps remember this is NOT your fault. Not D, not any ones.

I think it has to do with "free will". ?? Maybe
Old 04-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-so so glad to see you here-I too hope you are here to stay? we miss you-great reply to Monica too! I agree to what you said!!

well--I had good intentions-shake day didn't happen-low carb day didn't even happen-I am so weak! will try again tomorrow! grrr!

hang in there Monica-you are great parents! don't question that-this will pass-I had a horrible time with Chris-I know I told you about it-he and I are close now-don't give up-keep the lines open with Dennis too-he is your greatest ally/partner/ sounding board. you need to be able to talk and say everything to each other.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Nice to hear from you Anna. We really do miss you around here.

Monica--- Anna and Jeanne are right. You are great parents, hang in there.

Jeanne--- I know you can be stronger then that. Come on girl! We can do this!!!
You wanted us to be firmer with you and so here it is....get back on plan. Get healthy! Do this for YOURSELF! We want you happy and healthy!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 AM   #48

Quote:
My advice you and Dennis must hold on to each other right now. More important now than ever. Because not only will you benefit, but so will H. She needs to see/feel your love for each other. She will feel secure knowing you are united.

I agree with your religious feelings. Doesn't that make it more important for you to continue as a Sunday School teacher?? Stand up for what you believe. T will respect you for standing your ground. Took me 20 yrs to learn that one. For the first time I proudly tell my kids I am praying for them. Guess what, they now ask me to pray for them....

I don't have the answers but it is truly a test. A test of all I have believed also. Just hold on to your beliefs, D, H and God. And T will do what he wants, but at least you won't be alone.

And of course we're all here for you to.
You are very WISE! What you have said here, it is almost exactly what our Pastor said to us. He said a lot about, going through this, T being so mad/hateful to us and yet, we still show him our love. He said, it is tough going through, but you are slowly showing him, no matter what he says/does, you will still always love him. He said Haven is seeing the same thing. Thank you so much for your kind words.

You know, it IS free will. That is what Jesus taught when he was on earth too. It is actually a good thing for a Christian to question stuff. It shows they are actually putting thought in to what they believe!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #49

Jeanne - you are right. D and I are turning toward each other. There are times, I don't want to talk or even think about it anymore. He keeps me grounded. It is a struggle, we are holding firm and trying to put on a GOOD FRONT!

Michelle - well said girl! How was your Tuesday? Wednesday looking good?

Jeanne - michelle is right. Stop with the excuses and get ON IT! Do this for you. Heck, do this for the grandkids so you are able to spend as many years with them as you can!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #50

Had a decent DD yesterday. Could have been a bit better, or a LOT worse! 177.2 today. YES I braved the scale! Hopefully by Friday morning I am back to signature weight????!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #51

Anna - I want to thank you again! Your sight has truly WARMED my Heart!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Hang tough Monica-you know you are the parents-tough love is hard!! but T has the basics regarding his faith and the love too--it will all come back--it does eventually--but the ride is long and hard--Nate was my easy child and he even questioned-he outright stated his refusal to believe after that one class--I was shocked that it came from him-he had never done that type of thing-but his core values were still there underneath and that is still what T sees and learns everyday of his life-he is still a teenager and his brain is still growing and he challenges authority because he can! you have to set the limits on how far he can challenge or all will be lost. It is a scary time I know-your family is in constant turmoil- and there is no end in sight.

Michelle-thanks for the talking to--I need it-I am just totally out of control-I am not sure why--not sleeping either--have been up for three nights now with no sleep--I am totally out of tune-I keep telling myself I have to stop but I don't? I eat all day and I eat all night-it is killing me- and the more I eat the more depressed I become which just makes me eat more! I can no longer zip up my last pair of fat jeans! I just tuck the top of the zipper and button down! how sad is that? doesn't make me quit eating though!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies.

wow, Zipp you said some very nice things. (tears) Thank you. Believe me it is all from the school of hard knocks. I know you will "weather" this, as it is just a passing life storm.

Last edited by saltnpepper; 04-30-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Ok Jeanne, lets do this. I am in. I will re-commit, for the ??? time.

I guess I'm going LC. I like WW, but I don't feel as healthy on it. If that makes sense. It is healthy for a lot of people, but I have a tendency to eat my daily points in junky food. Not real food. LC keeps me eating more whole foods. Anyway.

I don't care if I lose weight. Yelp that's what I said. (In doing so, I am hoping to drop a little) I need to clean up my way of eating. I have been eating way to many carbs, and I believe it makes me think more fuzzy. I don't know, but I need better choices. Some day I am going to look into South Beach. But I don't have time now. LOL

Did you all set goals? I will go back and read. Sorry....

Last edited by saltnpepper; 04-30-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

ok just scanned the first few entries. Everyone is going for 10 lbs weight loss. I will go for lower carbs, and cut the sugar. My evil monster.

I did pretty good yesterday. But today I had a handful of corn cereal. And I don't know why. BUT that will be the only off plan food today.

Later
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
michelle204 I know when I was younger and my brother announced he was gay to my parents life was never the same in our household. There were screaming matches and then days of complete silence. It was difficult for me even though I wasn't part of either. But I understood it was them dealing with it and I think that's when I started to develop as my own person. Oh family...... what ya goin do!!!!!

Good point Michelle. We have friends going though this. And it is hard on everyone.....they will be forever changed. Hugs to you.

Not saying it is wrong - just saying it is hard for parents to understand. Everyone has to deal with it.

Last edited by saltnpepper; 04-30-2014 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #57

OH Anna, so wise is what you are! Leave that Corn cereal in the box. Cereal is NOT worth it girl!

Jeanne - the lack of sleep can't be helping you at all, I am sure. nothing worse than NOT sleeping!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

I don't want to jinx anything ladies but.....drum roll.......Twinkle has slept for 5 hours three nights in a row. They upped her medication on Friday and as of Sunday night she is sleeping from 12:30Am to 5:30 AM. I am finally catching up on some sleep. Let's hope this is a step in the right direction for years to come. I am aiming for 10:00PM to 6AM. That would be heaven but I'll take this for now.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo--Twinkle is doing great finally!! hope it continues and her pattern is finally changed-I know you need it Michelle-!!! keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the knock in the head girls-I needed it! I am restarting--new month today-I got on the scale and got shocked-just saw the number I needed to shock me-duh

taking mom to the doctor today-will be back later
Old 05-01-2014, 05:47 AM   #60

Oh Michelle that IS great news! Nothing like having a DOG that's sleep schedule is like an infants! Steps in the right direction girl! WOOHOO How is your MIL doing? Any improvement for her?

Jeanne- it is only DOWN From here! Get some shopping in today. HOpefully your Mom is up for it.

Anna How goes it girl?

Plans for the weekend? Here, it is actually a quiet weekend. NO SOFTBALL! Friday night H has a confirmation retreat for church. T was supposed to go to a lock in at church, but there aren't enough able to come. He bought a gaming computer, so my guess is he will work on that. D and I may attend a ceramics party a friend of mine is throwing. Free food/drinks! Can't beat that. ON Saturday we are serving food to the homeless for lunch. SUnday is church/SS. Nice and quiet. I will probably get in my flower beds and weed them then preen them! Weather is supposed to be perfect!