Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Ditto for me too Jeanne. I understand your need for simplification, but I will really miss you and my concern for you will be immense. Please check in often and keep us updated on you and your family. After all these years talking everyday I feel you and your family are part of mine. Love you.
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OK ladies, we made a new "recipe" for tonight. There was no recipe, we just threw together some ingredients.

Not lc, but could easily be made lc. Ground turkey, corn, rotel, sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheese and corn tortillas. We will bake it tonight!

That's 1 new recipe for us this week!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #273

I'm already missing JEANNE! Darn it!

It's HUMP DAY! We have so much to do to get T ready for 2 weeks at debate camp! I think he is excited. WE got all his "debate supplies". Need to make sure he has enough clothes and such. Although, he is in town. I told him we would touch base and come get his dirty clothes and wash them while he is there. He was fine with that.

I miss H. The house is just quiet at night. D and I have watched almost an entire season of Homeland!!! It's really good! Last night we watched 3 episodes!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

It's good that you and D. have quality time together and H. will be back soon enough.

I haven't really had the opportunity to try a new recipe yet but i did do something different. I had bought some frozen brussel sprouts and frozen broccoli awhile ago and I really didn't care for them when I ate them. It was an "on sale" thing and now I know why. But I didn't want to throw them out because I hate to waste. So i cooked the sprouts and the broccoli added chicken stock and cream then blended away. It made this puree that I can use as a side dish or I add some coconut mil and make a cream of green soup. It is really delicious. So I will give you guys that as my new recipe. It really is good even if you don't like those veggies and it was super easy.

I forgot to mention that Saturdays weigh in was a good one for a change. I lost 5 lbs. I hope it is the start of a new trend LOL.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #275

5 pounds, that is amazing girl! LOOK AT YOU GO!

Your soup sounds interesting. Me, my soup has to be hearty or I am out! I like big chunks of veggies and meat!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #276

It's FRIDAY EVE! Almost through the week and my BABY GIRL comes home tomorrow night. They were not allowed to bring cell phones, so I have had no contact with her since Noon on Sunday! I have sent her 4 packages with cards and candy in them. DH even wrote a letter to her that I sent!

I am sure she is having a GREAT time!

July 4th is 2 weeks away. We were supposed to go to TX to see my BFF , looks like she has to cancel! I am totally bummed, so now, I am trying to figure out what we can do! T will be going to his friends house, so we don't want to be far (we need to stay close to him with the meds and such for now). I was thinking of calling my other BFF and seeing if her daughter has anything going on that week...if not, I could go get her on Sunday June 29th and she can stay and hang with Haven...then the entire family could come up for the July 4th weekend. Her daughter is severely autistic and is 18. she and Haven are very close friends and LOVE hanging out together. I always love seeing them together. Maybe that will be an option!?!?!?!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

You've sent her 4 packages in 5 days? Someone is really suffering from seperation anxietyOh well she will be back soon and your anxiety will subside. Good thing she is many years away from college!

I hope your new ideas for July 4th work out. It's too bad your other bff had to cancel.

Jeanne ---I MISS YOU! How's your mom?

I made a pie yesterday. Not too sure how low carb it is but I do know it is supremely delicious. I used a premade crust from an artisan baker who makes almond flour crusts. Now I know that is low carb but the filling was 12 oz of frozen cherries and 9 oz of frozen cranberries mixed with erythritol and chia seeds to thicken. I topped it with slivered almonds and butter and a brown sugar substitute we have here called Twin. I don't know if you have that in the US. So all that fruit is not low carb but it is full of good vitamins and such. Anyways it is one of the best pies I have ever had and that includes regular hi carb pies. Now I just need to control portions so the 5 lbs doesn't go right back on
Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Michelle!!! 5lbs gone!!! WOW So happy for you

Three days of working AC - about to get back to normal.

Not much news here.... thinking of looking for a job. Again.

Had the Grand D yesterday, went to a kid movie with her. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. It was cute.

Both of your recipes sound good. Even the soup, and it is hot here. I cook all the time, but nothing special.

Monica do you all use a lot of ground turkey? We don't, maybe I should sub some for h-burger as it is getting so expensive. We use corn tortillas all the time, sounds good.

I need to print off your pie Michelle.....I love berries.

I made this for Father's Day.....but I don't know the carb count.

No crust.... 1 block of cream cheese, 1 cup cottage cheese, 3/4 cup boiling water mixed with sf lemon jello, mix in blender until smooth, then recipe called for c**l w**p type 8oz container. I used 1/2 c**l w**p and 1 cup regular whipping cream. Fold together. Me and dh ate it, kids no. I'm sure if you used all real whipping cream (prepared) w/ splenda it would be low carb.
Fold all together.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like someone is missing there girl!! To cute Monica!! 4 pkgs!!

Michelle are you still counting calories and carbs?? I tried, and did not do very well.

Jeanne....we all miss you. Hope your mom is doing better.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
You've sent her 4 packages in 5 days? Someone is really suffering from seperation anxietyOh well she will be back soon and your anxiety will subside. Good thing she is many years away from college!
I guess I should have explained, in camps, if you get lots of mail, you have to do SILLY stuff to receive it. Run around the dining hall singing or jump on the table and do a dance....she L O V E S it! When she goes, I try to always set it so she will get something from me 4 of the 5 days! That way, she has plenty of opportunities to act SILLY!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #281

Quote:
Monica do you all use a lot of ground turkey? We don't, maybe I should sub some for h-burger as it is getting so expensive. We use corn tortillas all the time, sounds good.
We actually use it in most of our hamburger type recipes/casseroles. This recipe, you can't tell the difference. We also make a spinach/zucc lasagna that we all love and when we make it, I always use Ground turkey! Heck, it's all expensive lately! We do still buy ground beef, it is cheaper than the turkey. If we are hosting a large group, we use the hamburger. IF my friends from Springfield come up for July 4th, we will use beef for some go to make ahead recipes!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #282

Michelle your pie sounds good....but I hate CHERRIES! Now, my DAD/CHILDREN/DH all love cherries! I mean, you name it they love anything cherry related. Me, I'm not much for fruit. I do love strawberries and Peaches, only if the peaches are perfectly ripe and melt in your mouth. The rest, I can do without!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #283

MY friends daughter who would come stay with Haven, she has to be GF too. So when she is around, I try to make some of my delicious GO TO recipes so she feels really special!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Only a few hours before H is back home. I'm sure you are excited.

Anna---No I am not counting calories or carbs right now. I have been concentrating on eating only nutrient dense foods. I am trying to make sure I hit the RDA of iron and vitamin C every day. That is not easy. I guess I was only eating about 20% of the RDA of iron a day, so no wonder my iron level was low.

That pie I made is getting even better two days later. Tonight will be my last night with it and tomorrow I weigh in to see the damage it caused. But it was good quality food so I feel better that I ate well and not just junk. Too bad it will cause a gain though.

We are in two week two of no front street. It has only been mildly annoying. Five more weeks to go.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:23 AM   #285

Michelle curious as to how the weigh in went. I was wondering if your road work had started. How's the business going? Working improving? More busy?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:27 AM   #286

Anna how was your weekend?

Mine was a bit CRAZY! H didn't get home till 1:00 a.m. to boot, she was the last one to be picked up at the church. I was so upset that I cried on the way home. She was devastated. Apparently the youth director had been texting everyone on the route home giving them all updates (not to mention all the text she sent out during the week with fun pictures too). She had entered my phone number in your cell wrong. We had no idea they were home. We got to the church parking lot, it was huge and dark and there H stood with just 2 adults. Everyone else was gone. She wouldn't even hug us at first just got in the car and wanted to leave. SHe had tears in her eyes. SHe understood it was a mistake, but I think her heart had been broken by us not being there when they drove up! She recovered quickly and by the time we got home was talking our ear off about the camp. We didn't get to bed till 2:00 a.m. and I was up again at 5:00 a.m. Couldn't sleep. I started worrying about T heading to camp. It was best anyway, T needed to be up at 6:00 a.m. so he could head to his volunteer morning for church.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #287

Later Saturday morning H and I headed to Seneca KS for the bridal shower for my nephew's fiance. It was fun. We got home at 6:00 p.m. and we had dinner, hung out with one of my friends and then I was in bed by 9:00 p.m. and slept till 7:30 a.m. I was TIRED! This old gal needs more than 3 hours sleep.

Sunday was church and then relaxing. DH and I watch a bunch of episodes of Homeland. We are almost 1/2 way throught the 3rd season. REALLY GOOD show!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #288

T got settled in at camp and is really enjoying it. They do lectures on debate in the morning then labs with small groups in the afternoon and evening. He is a true DEBATE NERD! I am thrilled he is loving it and mingling with others. He tends to just stay in his room on his computer!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry that H's. homecoming was so traumatic. I'm glad she was quick to forgive. Now T is gone. Hope he has as much fun as H.

The fantastic pie cost me two lbs. But it was worth it. I hate when I put on weight and can' see why or the food I cheated with wasn't that good, but this was worth the 2 lbs. Yummy!!!

As for work. It is really slow. I am down to working 1 day a week and even that is not all that necessary.Things aren't looking good. I've been talking a bit more about looking for a job but Marcel doesn't want to hear about that. I sense he feels he would be a failure if his wife had to go get a job at almost 50 years old and have o close my family business that has been open since 1950. But I'm afraid that time is coming soon. I have no real qualifications for anything so I'm sure my job choices are limited.But even minimum wage would help. I wish I had learned more computer stuff! Oh well a little to depressing to dwell on.

It is a beautiful day here so I am going to do a bit of tidying and then spend the afternoon in the dog park.Have a great day Monia and Anna (and Jeanne).
Old 06-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #290

OH Michelle, tell Marcel that you want another job to get out. Meet people. Tell him you are more just bored and want something extra to do and that a little extra money won't hurt!

I was glad H perked up quickly Friday night too! Honestly, I was upset myself. The youth director had been sending out updates and pictures all week. I got none of them. It was just a keying mistake, those things happen! When Haven called us at 12:40 a.m. she just said, MOM , where are you? Aren't you coming to pick me up??
I could hear the director in the background say, Haven, she didn't know you were even here! I know the director felt bad. I told her, no worries. Those things happen!

You have a great day at the park!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #291

It's Tuesday. The first night of VBS went well. Our numbers are way down this year. Typically we have 40 kids and then volunteers. This year, we only have 23 kids and I think by Friday, there will only be 15. Church just isn't priority anymore. It is still fun. I think they all had a blast last night. I sure enjoy it.

Snacks were actually very healthy last night. Strawberries/oranges covered in yogurt with a cherry on top. Most actually liked it. I only had 2 refuse to eat it. Tonigh is sugar cookie with icing and they get to decorate it. They are supposed to make a face out of it! They will all love that!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

VBS sure sounds like fun. How long is each session? How long does it go on for? How old are the kids?

Today is Marcel's 52nd birthday. He hasn't told me what he feels like doing for it yet. I leave it up to him to decide because we will have to use money from our savings to do anything and that puts a lot of guilt on him if he is extravagant. We have never had to worry about that for his birthday before. Summer is usually busy for us and we have money to do some stuff. It is usually my bday in January that has to be heavily restricted. I can tell it is taking its toll on him this time that his bday is being effected.Maybe now he will know how it feels to miss a bday. I have missed the last 20 because of money. I don't mean to sound so mean about it but a little empathy would be nice from him for a change.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone......

Not much new here. Staying cool, which is good. Had a great week-end, sons new job had baseball night at the local "farm" baseball team. He could invite up to 10 people, so our whole family went. Had a blast, free parking, free food and great seats behind home plate. Life is good.

I too need to look for a job, again. So I understand how you feel Michelle. It is hard if you don't have skills/education in one thing. I just am a jack of all trades, master of none as the saying goes. As I get older it seems harder, not to mention it is just hard for everyone right now.

Tell Marcel Happy Birthday from cyber friends. I feel your pain, my birthday is in December. We never celebrate, because we'll just do it all at Christmas. Well that never happens. DD is Dec 28, and by then nobody remembers, not even family. Not fair. But "Life isn't fair" I usually end up buying myself something on sale (as I'm shopping for everyone that time of year) and leave it at that.

Well, I'm just a hoot today!! Sorry didn't mean to sound so ho-hum.

I cooked a corned beef roast early this am for dh and dd's supper tonight. Other than that not much cooking going on, to hot.

Hi Jeanne

Monica I admire you helping with VBS....sorry the numbers are down.

Later
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #294

Michelle - Happy birthday to Marcel! You are right, it is only fair he have to feel the pain every now and then!

VBS is all week from 6:00 - 8:30. Preschool age to 5th grade! H is helping. T normally does, but he is at debate camp. D and I have been in charge of snacks for over 5 years running. We use the book that comes with the VBS stuff that the church buys. It is all fun. We write up a "donation tree" so all the food is donated by church members!

Anna - the baseball game does sound fun. I am sure you all LOVED IT! T's birthday is 12/14, we try really hard to make it special/separate, you know the drill. OH and I never EVER use Christmas paper to wrap his gifts! LOL

We are having a lower calorie version of Crack Slaw tonight! LOVE IT!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #295

It's HUMP DAY! How are things in your world guys?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #296

I miss everyone!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #297

Good day yesterday. The kids loved the snack at VBS. It was popcorn and fruit snacks. We had clear gloves and in the finger tips was the fruit snack and then we filled the rest with popcorn! I wasn't sure what they would think, but they all LOVED IT! TOnights snack won't be so popular. It is buttered bread with a cinnamon/sugar cross on it. I am guessing they will turn their noses up at buttered bread! Time will tell. Thankfully I have enough fruit snacks that each will get a bag of those too!

H is cleaning the house today! YEAH! It costs me $40, she does most everything except the bathrooms! It's nice to go to work and come home to clean floors and everything dusted! LOVE THAT!

T is doing really well at debate camp. He is making friends and working really hard on the research and such. I think he is working with a lot of other people, which is just what we were hoping for! He seems to be doing well. Not sure he is sleeping much at all....but that's his deal!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

I miss everyone too. Sorry I couldn't answer yesterday. They keep cutting the power to the house while installing the new street lamps. But I'm at work today and have access to my buddies.

I use to love to clean when I was H age. I really enjoyed it. Now... not so much. I can't stand clutter so I have none of that. But dust...I have plenty LOL

Good for T. it is great that he is getting along with others and participating. He must be with the right people to keep him engaged and interested.

As for the snack... my favorite growing up was buttered toast with brown sugar and cinnamon. There are good reasons I was as heavy as I was LOL. I use to have half a loaf of bread.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

We did end up going out to Tony Roma's for Marcel's bday. It has been a cheat fest ever since. Plus his mom made him a cake and sent it over. I can only hold back for so long and then I give in. Oh well there's always next week!
Old 06-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #300

Yes there is Michelle! Sounds like you enjoyed a small-ish celebration!