Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Cross Post: apologies if you are seeing this more than once!

I made these last night, and wholly cow they are so good!!! If you are doing keto or need to up your fat intake fat bombs are such a treat and way tastier than eating a spoonful of straight coconut oil. and I LOVE anything coconut! They are especially great if you are a fan of almond joy candy bars. I have found other recipes with peanut butter, but I am just not a fan of pb. It always has a way of burping back up on me, again...

Nutritional info for one Fat Bomb:
145 calories
14.7g fat (91.2%)
1.53g protein (4.2%)
1.67g carbs (4.6%)

WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mindysf
Stats: 180/166/140
WOE: organic, humane, sustainable Atkins/Paleo
Start Date: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
I made these last night, and wholly cow they are so good!!!
Um...yum. I am going to put this on my list for sure. Thanks for sharing!
mindysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

I started "induction" just this last week, jumping on this band wagon later in the month than most of you. Well, I think my appetite is just finally starting to lessen today, so that is a relief: I was eating some kind of protein at 10 pm each night for a few days last week, as much as that was not a great idea...So, chugging along and enjoying a little extra energy today.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
I made these last night, and wholly cow they are so good!!! If you are doing keto or need to up your fat intake fat bombs are such a treat and way tastier than eating a spoonful of straight coconut oil.

Nutritional info for one Fat Bomb:
145 calories
14.7g fat (91.2%)
1.53g protein (4.2%)
1.67g carbs (4.6%)
These are amazing. I make them regularly and I always keep some in my freezer for "emergencies". I sue them when I need to up my fat intake or when I am on a fat fast.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindysf View Post
I started "induction" just this last week, jumping on this band wagon later in the month than most of you. Well, I think my appetite is just finally starting to lessen today, so that is a relief: I was eating some kind of protein at 10 pm each night for a few days last week, as much as that was not a great idea...So, chugging along and enjoying a little extra energy today.
That's about when I joined this group as well, so it seems that you and I are on the same timeframe! Had just about 1 full clean week, today I did overindulge by having a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon with my steak at lunch time. I don't think that will sideline me. So far the ketostrip is still showing that I am good to go!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 196 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
You guys are doing wonderfully!! I can't believe I missed getting on here yesterday. Sad cuz I can't even remember what I did!! LOL

Wickedstitch... You have done a wonderful job getting a week under your belt! And of all the carby foods you could have had you picked a good one! Congratulations!!!

Had a bump up this morning.. but no worries.. I am on plan and figure it must be salt or something.

Hang strong ladies!!

Jana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Front and center, sweetheart! Miss ya!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monees lc
Stats: 187./166.5/145
WOE: atkins
Start Date: March 2008
Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a great weekend. All went well for me. No movement on the scale last two days but I'm not concerned. Things move for me more on a every 2-3 day basis which is fine as long as I know I'm doing the right thing. So everybody make it the start of a great week.
monees lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Off to a good start after a wobbly weekend. Getting diet consistent and remaining in ketosis is my big initial goal so that I can start feeling more energetic. I still need to figure out how to get moving. So much harder now that I have two little girls, ages 4 and 7, with me at all times (I am a homeschooling mom). No more bike commute to rely on! If anyone in a similar situation has suggestions for reliable, routine-oriented, and *free* (currently extremely low income) exercise, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:40 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easwann View Post

Wickedstitch... You have done a wonderful job getting a week under your belt! And of all the carby foods you could have had you picked a good one! Congratulations!!!
Yes, I was VERY watchful. Even though I was technically over my highest allotment of 30 carbs for the day, I stayed in ketosis.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Mindsf you could try to find workout DVDs at the library to check out or if you have cable there are fitness chanels that you could make use of. If push comes to shove good old fashioned jump rope, running in place, jumping jacks, anything to get the body in motion to get your heart rate up. I'm still trying to get my rhythm with exercise. Those little darlings turn into very active teenagers who keep me running and once I'm in for the evening all I want to do is crash. So I have to carve out time for myself and try and get in at least 30 minutes of something several days a week to get me moving.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Yes, I was VERY watchful. Even though I was technically over my highest allotment of 30 carbs for the day, I stayed in ketosis.
Wow, that's pretty good! If I go over 15 carbs I get knocked out of ketosis.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Wow, that's pretty good! If I go over 15 carbs I get knocked out of ketosis.
Maybe since the days up to it I was only 12 carbs max had something to do with it? I haven't had a whoosh, but I'm finally beginning to get some energy back after a week of staying on track and in ketosis. Week 2 is upon me. I may incorporate some moving this week. Last week I was far too wiped out to even THINK of exercising!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies. Hope all is well. WickedStitch I agree even if the proverbial "swoosh" hasn't happened the increased energy and loss of inches is more than enough to keep you motivated to stay on track. So we have to continue to be careful not to let the scale be our only proof source of success. Have a great day ladies.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
Ladies! I'm here I'm here!! I've been SO SOSOSOSOSOSSOOSO (so) busy packing and preparing for our move. I'm here though and proud to announce that I've reached my goal for the month of 220 WOOT! I missed yall!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Great work Jana
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monees lc View Post
motivated to stay on track. So we have to continue to be careful not to let the scale be our only proof source of success. Have a great day ladies.
oh no...the scale is not the end all be all...my droopy drawers tell me all I need to know!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I let the scale control my life toooooo much! When actually its a number, not the real image of what is going on in my body and possible inches I could be losing. When I move I don't think i'll be taking my scale with me...i'm just going to let it be and continue to eat right and let how my body feels do the talking.
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

jumpjoy:Good morning all. Having good days one at a time but I am still in denial and a slave to my scale as long as it is moving but I can say I am far more reliant on the fit of my clothes and droopy drawers included - it's almost time to go shopping
Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I can't wait for my clothes not to fit anymore...in a good way! I remember the first time I did LC, i waited for the last minute to buy clothes and my clothes looked TERRIBLE on me. Now I have a ton of underwear I can't wear...the sad part was when I had to buy bigger ones. BUT at least when I'm smaller again I can wear those.

So I found a recipe that is keeping me SO satisfied. It's nothing new of course but to me it is. It's the parmesean, pork skin "batter" chicken recipe. I'm absolutely in love! I've had it everyday this week. I melt some cheese on it and drizzle some Franks hot sauce. LOW CARB HEAVEN!! Delicious food! I also have been having a craving for deviled eggs...WHAT?! That's not me because I don't like them that much but I've found a ton of mouth watering recipes I want to try now.

Anyway I hope yall are having a blessed day!! HUGS!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Here are the deviled eggs my son and I made today. NUM! Can hardly wait for ham tomorrow! He will also be having our traditional macaroni salad and hot German potato salad that I make every year. I alas, will not. Low carb Easter for me. Ham, deviled eggs, maybe some broc or green beans and low carb cheesecake.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter everyone! Jazills.. I always have droopy drawers, I have no rear end to speak of! I used to save my 'good 'underwear, then one day I realized I could die and they would just be thrown out anyway..lol Now I rock pretty skivvies under the grungieest of outfits!

Wicked.. I love deviled eggs, so that is a great picture! Excellent on plan menu.

I had an off plan meal. It was preceded by just a couple carb friendly drinks, but it obviously affected my judgement. My victory is not letting it run away with me.

Happy Easter ladies! I haven't been moving the scale either way. Regrouping and hitting it strict this week again. What are your plans?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Easily Amused
I would like to join you all. The latest edition of my weight loss story: I was trucking along on low carb and counting calories; feeling great and losing consistently. I was down 65 lbs and over half way to my goal. Then I hit a 6 week stall that began March 1st. I tried all kinds of tweaking. Nothing worked. So, I took a 10 day break and started adding back in carbs that I had not eaten in many months (some bad carbs, too). I kept up my exercise and kept my food intake below what I was burning, but I immediately gained weight and within just a few days I was up 12 lbs. I also felt/feel like crap on a stick!!!

I decided to get back on Atkins yesterday. I'm a little frightened at not counting calories, but I'm also excited to get this water weight off and still have hopes of seeing some new lower numbers. I have to admit that I usually don't do well not counting calories past the Induction Phase, but I'm going to give it a shot. No matter what, I know that eating low carb is the only way that I want/need to eat so I need to remind myself that stalls are always better than feeling this way...

I look forward to getting to know you all! Let's do this!!!

I forgot to wish you all a Happy Easter!
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter everyone!

Amused.. you found the right place for getting back on track! Nice people here..
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monees lc View Post
Mindsf you could try to find workout DVDs at the library to check out or if you have cable there are fitness chanels that you could make use of. If push comes to shove good old fashioned jump rope, running in place, jumping jacks, anything to get the body in motion to get your heart rate up. I'm still trying to get my rhythm with exercise. Those little darlings turn into very active teenagers who keep me running and once I'm in for the evening all I want to do is crash. So I have to carve out time for myself and try and get in at least 30 minutes of something several days a week to get me moving.
Monees, sorry to be so long in replying, and thank you. Yes, I need to just do whatever I can to get my body moving. It takes way more will than I needed ten years ago, but I know I can do it if I just get started. Can't imagine having teenagers yet!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post
Easily Amused, welcome, and happy Easter! I let myself slip a couple of times this weekend and am here to read others' stories and put my feet back on the ground. I am really finding it much harder than in the past to stay firm with restrictions (such as no cheese---why is it so hard to not eat cheese?!). Anyway, once again I hereby commit to taking care of myself. I fall down, I get up, I keep going, and I try to become more aware of the ways I've tripped myself up in order to avoid continually making the same mistakes.

I really think ultimately a lot of this comes down to really caring for myself, putting energy into self-care, just as much as I do that for my children.

Thanks for all your check-ins and stories!

"How we get there matters"
Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post
I also felt/feel like crap on a stick!!!

I forgot to wish you all a Happy Easter!
crap on a stick.... I am all too familiar with that feeling! I too was stalled out for MONTHS and it got exhausting to be doing work and not seeing any results. I am finally seeing my numbers drop again. I upped my fat intake and am keeping my carbs under 20. Crap on a stick feeling stayed through the first week and now I am feeling fine!

to our little group! Happy Easter to you as well.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

Lizzie

Mindy, it is so hard to behave during the holidays; in my case I associate off-plan food/drink to so many. I used that as an excuse to not fully commit until today.
I am a big cheese fan. I know I am supposed to limit myself to 3-4 oz daily on Induction, but I will try to keep it at 1-2 or none. I mainly eat it when I scramble eggs since I'm not a big fan of egg whites. I am trying to avoid having to take psyllium this time around...

WickedStitch, great that you are seeing your numbers drop again.

Okay, it is time for me to face the music and post my Day 1 weigh in: 234.6. sigh I am up 12.6 lbs from my lowest weight in years and I'm sad, but I refuse to dwell on it. I feel sure that most of it has to be water weight. So, no more excuses: Day 1 Induction, I got this!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Easily Amused; 04-21-2014 at 07:23 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone did have a great Easter. I enjoyed dinner with family after church and kept things under control with just a taste of some things that I normally would have piled up on my plate. So up a lb this morning but no issues otherwise. Welcome Amused and yes this is a great group to be a part of. WickedStitch those deviled eggs and as pretty as they are tasty looking. Sounds like you enjoyed a great meal. I can well control meals that I plan for myself but it gets a bit more challenging when all the family members are great cooks and we have a potluck. Not perfect yet but did way better than the last gathering we had around Christmas.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

How's everyone doing?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Monees, great job on the portion control!

Hey WickedStitch, how are you doing?

Well, my Day 1 of Induction went well and most of Day 2 until I had to go out of town. I made the decision to drive back instead of spending $150+ to sleep a couple of hours so I skipped dinner. My go-to food on the road is always almonds and water so that was my dinner. Definitely not Induction, but better than crap, I guess. And I had a nice whoosh so I'm good. I'm going to start over today on Induction and be really strict for at least 14 days so maybe I can get the rest of this water off.

04/21: 234.6
04/22: 232.8
04/23: 229.4

Have a great day!