Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monees lc
Stats: 187./170/145
WOE: atkins
Start Date: March 2008
Welcome Nikki - sounds like you're doing great.
monees lc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Hey all...count me in too!

I have to recommit. I've been hovering around 210 for months now and I am tired of it. In January, right before my birthday I was almost under 200 at 203 I could almost smell ONE-derland. Then we got news of another deployment and began dining out. Too much dining out, but we enjoyed it since it gave us time to enjoy eachothers company. Not me in the kitchen cooking and cleaning while he watched tv, not having to eat in front of the tv and then me back to the kitchen to clean everything up. So by dining out we had family time, and I got a break from kitchen duties. The thing with dining out, even while trying to maintain low carb is that you never REALLY know what they are adding to the food sugar or sauce wise.

Quite frankly, I think I did pretty well maintaining about 210 for 4 months and not gaining back the whole 30 some odd I have lost! However, now it's time to start losing again. It's just me and my teenage son at home now, with Rambo off doing his thing and our daughter away at college. Boy Wonder play baseball so there are many nights I am at the ballfield. I am pretty good with staying away from the concessions, even if I do get super hungry it's usually a hotdog with mustard and toss the bun. Other times it's all about the sunflower seeds!

I started a keto jumpstart yesterday. Planned the menu and everything! I was just under 20 carbs for the day and watered myself like a seedling. I did break down and have one diet coke as a monster headache was coming on. No doubt from the Diet Coke withdrawal! wicked cycle.

Still on track today with the menu food in the house, there is no reason to get lazy and dine out or go carb overloading.
Hi wickedstitch!! So glad to have you here.. this is an awesome group to hang with, very insightful and supportive. Oh.. you made me lmao at 'watered myself like a seedling' LOLOLOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
I started over in November after a 70 pound re-gain. So I will join you, if that's OK. I have so far re-lost 47 pounds, with 23 to go.

The hardest part of weight loss (for me) is definitely maintenance. After having re-gained five or six times over the past twenty years, I think have finally figured out that when we get to maintenance, we need to stay in healthy eating mode, stick together, and stay accountable to STAY in maintenance. I re-gain when I stop posting, stop weighing in, stop measuring my food, and stop recording my food/exercise in my diet/fitness software.
Nikki!! I am so glad you joined us!!! Your loss is motivating.. I kept my weight off too until last year. Learning how to maintain is a huge hurdle. I regain when I stop posting here too!!

Have an awesome day everyone! Down another pound.. take that Golden Shot!!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/222/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazills View Post
We got this ladies!!!

@Wicked I know deployments are rough, I was in military myself for a bit, got deployed a few times. I'm marrying back into the military in December. I'm praying for you and your family. We can definitely keep you motivated to get into onederland!! You can do this!
Thanks Doll! We've been doing this military thing all of our married life...going on 22 years this June. So it's nothing new and nothing that we haven't been through a time or three before. It's who we are and what we do. We're good at it and our family makes it work.

It has it's moments, no matter how many times ya go through it, but nothing I haven't been able to handle. The body and physiology of it all is going to do what it does and I have no control over that. I can control my eating low carb though and that's what I am focusing on.

WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easwann View Post
Hi wickedstitch!! So glad to have you here.. this is an awesome group to hang with, very insightful and supportive. Oh.. you made me lmao at 'watered myself like a seedling' LOLOLOL!!
So much water Lizzie!!! I swear I was sloshing at one point. Not really, but it certainly felt like it. It's a major step for me as I usually have more diet coke in my bloodstream than I have blood!

Day 2 and all is well!

Congrats to you for getting under that blasted 200!!! That's so awesome! Keep up the good work, you are getting results!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
So much water Lizzie!!! I swear I was sloshing at one point. Not really, but it certainly felt like it. It's a major step for me as I usually have more diet coke in my bloodstream than I have blood!

Day 2 and all is well!

Congrats to you for getting under that blasted 200!!! That's so awesome! Keep up the good work, you are getting results!!!
I have a hard time drinking water too! I have an associate that chugs her water down all at once.. might be what i have to do. God knows I can finish a whole beer in one chug!

Congrats on day 2! I am leading the way with 19 clean days behind me.. that's amazing since I couldn't do two days all of last year. Counting on you guys to fight the goods fight!!

Had chinese tonight.. did my best to pick around the carbs at the buffet.. tomorrow will tell!

Just for some inspiration...and proof you can get that darned scale moving even if its your eleventy billionth time!!

March 18th 208
March 27th 196.4
April 2nd 198.6
April 3rd 197.6
April 4th 196.2
April 5th 195.2
April 6th 193.8
April 7th 192.2
April 8th 191.2
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mindysf
Stats: 180/166/140
WOE: organic, humane, sustainable Atkins/Paleo
Start Date: 2002
Hello, all! I hope I can still join! The day this support group began, 4/4, happens to have been my 40th birthday, so that seems like a good sign for me. I had success losing weight in 2003 and maintaining steadily a few years, but gained a little weight after birth of my first daughter and more weight after birth of my second daughter. I'm trying at long last to return to vitality, strength, and health, and could use the company of others in the same boat, especially since my husband isn't as gung-ho this time around to join me full force.

"How we get there matters"
mindysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Happy belated birthday Mindysf - Welcome to the Startovers.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
I have had some success getting back on track these past two days. I (mostly) stuck to my DownDay plan yesterday. It was sooo hard because I was ravenously hungry. I did allow myself a small cheat but it was hardly a cheat since it was 3/4 cup cauliflower with 1/4 cup homemade low-carb masala sauce. About 100 calories more than my plan. Still I ended up with too many carbs and my blood ketone monitor says I am out of ketosis again. The reading was .9 (goal is 1.3 - 3.0). So, no cheats for me today, not even cauliflower cheats! lol

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Checking in! Phew, I never made it back here yesterday

Doing well on my end. Kinda a kooky afternoon and I ended up not getting in my last couple meals in for the day ( I eat 5x a day) so I went to bed hungry... Trade off was getting to see Chris Powell speak last night so I guess it was fair

Completed my 5th day of exercise and I am super proud of how well my body is responding so quickly... day 1 and I thought I was gonna die after 20 min.. now I'm doing the full 30 min without having to stop and I'm actually enjoying it!

to our new ladies!!!!!

WickedStitch~ my hats off to your DH & your family. His service is truly appreciated! Is this a long deployment this time?

Nikki~ You have done a marvelous job so far!

Mindy~ welcome! I know it can be alittle more challenging when our spouse's don't seem to wanna play along...hang in there and soon he'll want all of your food because of the yum factor!

Lizzie~ well done, lady! I've always liked water thank goodness... started when I was preggers with my first kiddo...I craved it. Luckily that never left me--the one good habit I can say I've kept over the years!

Have a beautiful day, everyone!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
Hey y'all! I hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to the new ladies in our group!!! Speaking of our significant others and low carb....I had to explain how low carb works to my fiancé yesterday. I was a little hesitant about it....we are in a long distance relationship right now but since I've started back on LC I just told him I was eating "healthy." His version of healthy and my version of healthy are two different things. He's a "fat is bad" type of person. We are moving to NJ in 6 weeks together and he told me yesterday that he would jump on it with me so we will see lol!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Jana that sounds exciting especially if he does this woe with you.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Just wait til he sees what you're eating, Jana! Losing and eating like a queen, he'll be all over that! They always are!!!

monees~ how's it going today?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Jana.. so happy he's going to join you. My hubs did it with me the first time.. but he's having a hard time getting back to it with me. He will.. just like us he as to be ready way down deep to do it again.

Everybody.. running out but will check in later..

Wickedstitch.. much appreciation for all your family sacrifices. Tell him we said thank you!!!!! <3
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mindysf
Stats: 180/166/140
WOE: organic, humane, sustainable Atkins/Paleo
Start Date: 2002
Thanks for the warm welcome! My husband is actually also a low-carb eater, but he's just not interested in trying to lose weight at the moment, i.e. do induction with me. So I'm hoping you'll all be my inspiring support system instead!

Did okay today, still at the very beginning, weight remains 165 (starting weight). My goal is 140-145, but really truly, the weight isn't going to matter so much to me now as the energy level, happiness, and how my pants fit.

Very happy to have found this group! Looking forward to getting to know you all better and provide mutual support!
mindysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Mindy! Thanks for joining us!

My fiance is naturally a skinny person...ugh lol! but he loves potatoes and it broke his heart when I told him I don't eat potatoes. Then he said that he wouldn't eat anything in front of me that I couldn't have. It doesn't bother me but that was kind of him to say.

Yesterday I did ALOT of running around and doing errands by the time I got home I was so tired to even cook. Before I went home I went to sonic and got a couple hamburger patties and some cheese. Then crashed until I had to go to work.

I'll be back later today. Yall have a good day!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I have been stuck for ten days. It's soooo aggravating! I am going to change everything up today. What I usually do when I have a mini stall is a fat fast, which would probably work to break the stall but I just had one last week.

Plus, a fat fast can cause me to be unable to donate plasma, which I try to do twice a week. My body makes fewer red blood cells when I am not eating protein for a few days. Not to mention a fatty diet can clog up the plasma machine.

So today, instead of a fat fast, I will be changing it up with moderate protein, ultra-low-carb, ultra-low-fat today. -- But some of the carbs/fat today will come from my coffee with HWC, because I can't live without it.

Protein powder pancake:
One scoop protein powder of your choice (low-carb vanilla is best)
3 tbsp egg whites
2 oz water
.5 tsp baking powder

Mix ingredients and cook like an ordinary pancake, using cooking spray.
Serve with Walden Farms calorie free pancake syrup
You'll need LOTS of syrup, as these pancakes are quite dry.

102 calories, 20g protein, 1g fat, 2g net carbs
Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all - I think I have been doing so well that I finally experienced the real dreaded induction flu type symptoms. So took the day off work to regroup. Feeling better already after some cold meds and sleeping in. Otherwise, still perfect eating track, exercised on Tuesday but started feeling bad yesterday. Hopefully I will do a little something today as well. Looks like everyone is working thru the process day by day and that's really what it takes. I've seen a 4 lbs loss since this re-start and consider that much success and look forward to continued clean eating and the healthier lifestyle that goes with it. Not even so concerned about the scale right now. Just focusing on day after day total commitment. Wishing the same for you all as well. Make it a great day.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Completed my 5th day of exercise and I am super proud of how well my body is responding so quickly... day 1 and I thought I was gonna die after 20 min.. now I'm doing the full 30 min without having to stop and I'm actually enjoying it!

WickedStitch~ my hats off to your DH & your family. His service is truly appreciated! Is this a long deployment this time?
WTG with sticking to your exercise!!!

I always have great intentions, then I get sidetracked. lol So much to do. Plus I am always knitting or crocheting something either for the family or for commission. You can see some of them on my crafty blog

Not to mention I have super low energy with starting over super low carb, going from 60-70 to 10-20. It's day 4, so hopefully I should be getting some energy back soon! I also have plantar fasciitis, which is a bummer and hurts like nobody's business if I overdo the walking. Excuses, excuses!!!

The deployments are usually for 12 months. Of course they can always end earlier or be extended; so we just go with the flow.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to all for the support of my little military family. We appreciate it. There are many times during a deployment when it feels like no matter what you do, it's doesn't matter and nobody cares.

It's funny to me when one of the baseball moms will walk up and start talking about how their husband is going on a business trip for a week and how they will never be able to make it. I just look at them like, are you serious? You are complaining to ME about your hubs being gone for a week? Then they're like "oh well I was talking to so and so, not you...you don't count." Um, excuse me .... Whaaaaa?

No matter, I just go on with my bad self!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monees lc View Post
Happy belated birthday Mindysf - Welcome to the Startovers.
The Startovers! we should have t-shirts made!

Well I just wrote a long post and lost it.. grrrrrr so I will simply say that I am thrilled with the group we have going here. What a bunch of great ladies.

Welcome to the group Mindy!!

Wickedstitch.. My family is ever so grateful for your sacrifices. I appreciate the time you lose with your husband.. my hubs was gone a month at a time and I did not like it! Bless your family and praying for their safety.

I know it isn't much but I did a little resistance band work tonight while we watched t.v.

Have an awesome evening everyone!

Monees.. hope you feel better! Nice job getting back on track!!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

WickedStitch~ I so wish I possessed one crafty bone in my body...I really wish I could crochet or knit, I've tried many times The exercise thing is very new to me and something I fought for MONTHS... I HATE to sweat I am trying to learn how to love it...or err, maybe just like it? I definitely don't know how you guys do the separation for so long, takes a mighty tough spouse to hang in there! I hope your hubbs comes home sooner than later

So I had my weigh in today... and it sucked. I am UP 1.8 from Saturday when I restarted my program.. I'm hoping it's just hormonal and will go down soon... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super disappointed when I saw those #'s.. Trying to suck it up and keep on going....focusing on what good exercise and clean eating can do for me. I'm contemplating ditching the scale and only weighing once a month... I'm not sure I'm strong enough for that! Those numbers really weigh heavily on my mind, though, so I may go for it and truly focus on body image and how I'm feeling.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I was really hungry today...ugh.

That is all.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle.. I just read an article that muscles will retain water when working out to help them heal.. then they will let it go. I also read that when our fat cells release fat they refill w/ water then let it go again. I bet you are going to see a whoosh very soon. Plus the exercise is going to tone you up. Keep on keeping on!!

Jana.. I get that way too sometimes, but my low hunger days seem to balance it out. Love your new picture!!

Have a great evening!!

Last edited by easwann; 04-10-2014 at 09:22 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! That was from my 25th birthday in November. Yeah the 700 cal days balance out the 1500 lol I'm eating a salad as we speak. Hungry all day. Bleh. Tomorrow will be better. Working night shift doesn't help either...
Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Lizzie, I hope you're right!! I was pretty dang disappointed to see that gain. Yesterday I had to just keep reminding myself how much good exercise is doing for me, and how much it will help change my shape... I had to do that ALOT LOL ....just to get myself to stay on track with food and to keep my head in the right place!

Feeling alittle better this morning after a good night's sleep. I'm just going to keep going for a few more weeks and see what happens.

Everybody ready for the weekend? I know I am!! Plans, anyone?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

OMG!! My honey asked me out on a date.. called from work and everything!! He is so sweet.. he even suggested we go for clams cuz they are on plan!! I love him sooo much!!! 22 years and going strong!

Ok ladies.. just in case you haven't seen this or need to read it again. BTW.. I can't say again how important it is to take those measurements!! I found the only measurements I have ever taken on a paper tucked in my desk. I don't know when I measured but I am down 4" in my waist and 2" from my arms and legs. Bust is still the same..lol which is ok with me!!

Why The Scale Lies...
Standing on Bathroom Scale
We've been told over an over again that daily weighing is unnecessary, yet many of us can't resist peeking at that number every morning. If you just can't bring yourself to toss the scale in the trash, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the factors that influence it’s readings. From water retention to glycogen storage and changes in lean body mass, daily weight fluctuations are normal. They are not indicators of your success or failure. Once you understand how these mechanisms work, you can free yourself from the daily battle with the bathroom scale.

Water makes up about 60% of total body mass. Normal fluctuations in the body’s water content can send scale-watchers into a tailspin if they don’t understand what’s happening. Two factors influencing water retention are water consumption and salt intake. Strange as it sounds, the less water you drink, the more of it your body retains. If you are even slightly dehydrated your body will hang onto it’s water supplies with a vengeance, possibly causing the number on the scale to inch upward. The solution is to drink plenty of water.

Excess salt (sodium) can also play a big role in water retention. A single teaspoon of salt contains over 2,000 mg of sodium. Generally, we should only eat between 1,000 and 3,000 mg of sodium a day, so it's easy to go overboard. Sodium is a sneaky substance. You would expect it to be most highly concentrated in salty chips, nuts, and crackers. However, a food doesn't have to taste salty to be loaded with sodium. A half cup of instant pudding actually contains nearly four times as much sodium as an ounce of salted nuts, 460 mg in the pudding versus 123 mg in the nuts. The more highly processed a food is, the more likely it is to have a high sodium content.

That's why, when it comes to eating, it's wise to stick mainly to the basics: fruits, vegetables, lean meat, beans, and whole grains. Be sure to read the labels on canned foods, boxed mixes, and frozen dinners. Women may also retain several pounds of water prior to menstruation. This is very common and the weight will likely disappear as quickly as it arrives. Pre-menstrual water-weight gain can be minimized by drinking plenty of water, maintaining an exercise program, and keeping high-sodium processed foods to a minimum.

Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it's packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it's stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates. As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it's associated water. It's normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you're prone to obsessing over the number on the scale.

Otherwise rational people also tend to forget about the actual weight of the food they eat. For this reason, it's wise to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink. Swallowing a bunch of food before you step on the scale is no different than putting a bunch of rocks in your pocket. The 5 pounds that you gain right after a huge dinner is not fat. It's the actual weight of everything you've had to eat and drink. The added weight of the meal will be gone several hours later when you've finished digesting it.

Exercise physiologists tell us that in order to store one pound of fat, you need to eat 3,500 calories more than your body is able to burn. In other words, to actually store the above dinner as 5 pounds of fat, it would have to contain a whopping 17,500 calories. This is not likely, in fact it's not humanly possible. So when the scale goes up 3 or 4 pounds overnight, rest easy, it's likely to be water, glycogen, and the weight of your dinner. Keep in mind that the 3,500 calorie rule works in reverse also. In order to lose one pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in. Generally, it's only possible to lose 1-2 pounds of fat per week. When you follow a very low calorie diet that causes your weight to drop 10 pounds in 7 days, it's physically impossible for all of that to be fat. What you're really losing is water, glycogen, and muscle.

This brings us to the scale's sneakiest attribute. It doesn't just weigh fat. It weighs muscle, bone, water, internal organs and all. When you lose "weight," that doesn't necessarily mean that you've lost fat. In fact, the scale has no way of telling you what you've lost (or gained). Losing muscle is nothing to celebrate. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. The more muscle you have the more calories your body burns, even when you're just sitting around. That's one reason why a fit, active person is able to eat considerably more food than the dieter who is unwittingly destroying muscle tissue.

Robin Landis, author of "Body Fueling," compares fat and muscles to feathers and gold. One pound of fat is like a big fluffy, lumpy bunch of feathers, and one pound of muscle is small and valuable like a piece of gold. Obviously, you want to lose the dumpy, bulky feathers and keep the sleek beautiful gold. The problem with the scale is that it doesn't differentiate between the two. It can't tell you how much of your total body weight is lean tissue and how much is fat. There are several other measuring techniques that can accomplish this, although they vary in convenience, accuracy, and cost. Skin-fold calipers pinch and measure fat folds at various locations on the body, hydrostatic (or underwater) weighing involves exhaling all of the air from your lungs before being lowered into a tank of water, and bioelectrical impedance measures the degree to which your body fat impedes a mild electrical current. If the thought of being pinched, dunked, or gently zapped just doesn't appeal to you, don't worry. The best measurement tool of all turns out to be your very own eyes. How do you look? How do you feel? How do your clothes fit? Are your rings looser? Do your muscles feel firmer? These are the true measurements of success. If you are exercising and eating right, don't be discouraged by a small gain on the scale. Fluctuations are perfectly normal. Expect them to happen and take them in stride. It's a matter of mind over scale.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Good day all. Yes Danielle -don't get discouraged cause you know exercise is doing your body good. I too get scared to add in too much exercise until I see the pounds go but at least do 30-45 minutes cardio and so weights for my arms.
Jana make sure you are eating enough and added the fat to make sure you get that nice full feeling. Lizzie that is so sweet that hubby asked for a date - enjoy yourself. As for me just hoping to stay focused this weekend. Two people today all of a sudden stopped me and asked if I was losing weight. Should have see the smile on my face - outside the waist on my pants being very loose - I really didn't see it. So this was truly motivating and enough to remind me to keep going this weekend. I looked at my journal and since my "restart" I have lost 6 pounds in a week. I don't even want to imagine if that post never happened and Lizzie kept the info to herself - I would still be going in the same 5 lb circle. Cant thank you enough. WickedStitch I will definitely put a face with my prayers as my church has continual prayers for our soldier's and the families they leave behind. Yes you surely are a woman of strength to hold things down at home and continue to take care of yourself. Yes you go girl!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 117/112
WOE: Ketosis/Mod Fat
Ladies-- wow! you are all doing awesome. I guess it is not just "me" who struggles with body image. I still think that you all look amazing, and should be so very proud of yourself.

Keep it up! Inspiring to read all this positive energy- I luv it.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monees lc View Post
Good day all. Yes Danielle -don't get discouraged cause you know exercise is doing your body good. I too get scared to add in too much exercise until I see the pounds go but at least do 30-45 minutes cardio and so weights for my arms.
Jana make sure you are eating enough and added the fat to make sure you get that nice full feeling. Lizzie that is so sweet that hubby asked for a date - enjoy yourself. As for me just hoping to stay focused this weekend. Two people today all of a sudden stopped me and asked if I was losing weight. Should have see the smile on my face - outside the waist on my pants being very loose - I really didn't see it. So this was truly motivating and enough to remind me to keep going this weekend. I looked at my journal and since my "restart" I have lost 6 pounds in a week. I don't even want to imagine if that post never happened and Lizzie kept the info to herself - I would still be going in the same 5 lb circle. Cant thank you enough. WickedStitch I will definitely put a face with my prayers as my church has continual prayers for our soldier's and the families they leave behind. Yes you surely are a woman of strength to hold things down at home and continue to take care of yourself. Yes you go girl!
I am so grateful my gf sent me the article!! I am so glad it is helping you like it is helping me. 6 lbs in a week!! Holy Hannah! That is awesome!! Yes, weekends can be very, very challenging, but with losses like this group is getting, it is so motivating not to mess up!

Oh, GF called and asked if I could help with her resume, so the date didn't happen.. but she brought steaks, scallops and green bean salad made with splenda! Love that girl.. she also brought a pic of when I was really heavy. Oh dear Lord... LOL!! She just wanted me to truly see what I have accomplished, because we were talking about the fact that I still see myself as very heavy. She is a great friend!!

Check in tomorrow everyone! We are rockin' this woe!!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easwann View Post
Ok ladies.. just in case you haven't seen this or need to read it again. BTW.. I can't say again how important it is to take those measurements!!

Why the Scale Lies
Thank you so much for that! I copied and pasted it into a Word document. Can I use it in a Facebook post? It has so much useful information and I am sure all of my IRL girlfriends who struggle with weight issues will benefit from it.

Are you the author? I don't want to plagiarize, so if it came from another source I want to quote/state the source if possible.

<EDIT> NVM I found the author: Marc Kent, 2009. I can't post the link here since it is a UK personal training "sales" site.</EDIT>

Last edited by nikki; 04-12-2014 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Added author