Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Adamant in April

New Month!
Maybe warmer temps ahead for those of us having weather issues?

Love our group - let's keep going ladies!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Here's hoping to a good week, ladies!

Tina - when's the party?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:33 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Adamant in April! Love that!

Found out the thyroid is normal. So I'm going to have to go back to some basics and knuckle through some of these powerful eat eat eat urges. I feel better knowing what needs to be done.

The weather last night was awesome! FINALLY. I spent it spray painting some picture frames for a family photo wall I want to do in our living room. I'm on the hunt for a couple more frames, I think I need a couple of 8x10s

Plus I did a bit more for DS grad party. Cindy the grad party is May 17. Graduation in on the 18. I am happy to have a jump on getting ready. I can be a terrible procrastinator at times.

Happy April fools day Beachers!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Great 5 mile run this morning, but it was only 28 degrees out. Geez, when will it warm up?? I am so tired of the knit hat and gloves routine!

Got on the scale this morning. Not pretty, but I had to know where things stand. Gosh, I have a lot of work to do. I am sticking with the VLC through Thursday, we'll see if I can knock off a couple of lbs.

Cindy, thanks for kicking us off in April!

Tina, you are on fire! Parties, picture walls, etc. I am barely getting the laundry done around here

3 more days of work, then vacation!!

2014 Running Miles: 343
2014 Walking Miles: 279
2014 Biking Miles: 466
wiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Work has been crazy busy with end of month yesterday and meetings today, ugh!! Im trying to stay on track eating wise but gave into pizza yesterday and a donut today I need to get my butt in gear! We received our flight times and hotel confirmation yesterday for our Vegas trip, its a quick one, but I have done pretty much everything there is to do in Vegas, but they have added some new stuff so we plan to check that out, like the worlds largest ferris wheel and a new zip line on the strip and plus we are jumping off the top of the Stratosphere!! Im a little nervous about that one, but excited lol.

Canada trip this weekend, super excited for that, its going to be a fast trip as well, takes us 5.5 hours to drive each way. Up on Saturday and back on Sunday.

Not much else to report, Im hoping the warm weather shows up here soon, all we have is dang rain, cant do anything outside unless we want to get soaked. Im jealous of you gals going to Florida, will be so nice!!

Have a great rest of the week ladies!

Kelly
heahyou00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

I leave a week from Thursday.
Wiz, you leave soon don't you?

DD has so much planned for when I am there, I am hoping we can do a few outside things as long as it's warm and sunny! Although - just being down there and being able to go without a coat, socks, AND spending time with DD will be enough. She literally has an itinerary for us while I am there. I am down there 4/10-4/14 and then DSIL is going down I think right after Easter for his spring break - maybe 4/19 - 4-27? I am hoping he can go down a month later for Memorial Day weekend, then it will be a month later and he will be down for good.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Two more working days!! Today will be crazy, but tomorrow I go to a customer meeting so won't even be in the office. I need to get all my paperwork (expense vouchers, a mandatory on-line training class, etc.) done today.

So the scale moved down almost 1.5 lbs yesterday. I can't expect that every day, but I do think this VLC shake-up was a good thing. I'm going to put some real thought while I am away into how I want to attack this weight loss I need to do.

We all have gone round in circles - do we need to count calories? watch portions? cut back carbs? etc. Louisa's JUDDD worked well for her. Calorie counting, while a pain in the butt, clearly can work too.

I'm wondering if I need to go back to Weight Watchers for a while. I am a competitive person, and I can remember wanting to really LOSE on that scale during the weekly weigh-in. And it really does make you accountable.

Cindy, it sounds like you will be very busy while in FL! Definitely take some time to relax and just chat with your daughter.

OK, time to start work. I have a ton of stuff to do.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #8
Queen Bargain Shopper

Thursday!
New hair yesterday - color and just trimmed the back - trying to let it grow a bit.
I leave a week from today! I told DD the same thing, Wiz - she keeps saying what do you want to do - and I said I have no expectations, I just want to hang out with you! She is just so excited to have me coming down to go exploring with!

Enjoy your vacation and yes, I am trying to figure out what works for me STILL!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got a nice 4 mile run in this morning, it was 45 out! It felt practically tropical.

While I haven't actually packed yet, I went through my stuff and have a good idea of what I'm bringing. One nice thing about renting a house is being able to do a load of laundry mid-week. One carry-on each and we are good to go!

Mani/Pedi after work today!!

Cindy, so excited for you to see your daughter!

Tina, Kelly, Louisa: have a good weekend, I will check in early next week.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wiz - I envy you as well - I am so excited to get to some warm weather, however, it's supposed to be 60 on Thursday here, when I leave,

I need to go through my clothes - not sure what to bring as I am just doing a carry on as well.....I am going to try and be smart and not pack too much - I will be doing a lot of walking, so want to make sure my shoes are smart choices......and then I go to DD's office Friday and want to make sure I look cute!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:49 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF Beachers!

Wiz - Have a great vaca!

Pedi tonight with the BFF and DD14 is getting a set of nails as a "prize" for her grades.

Have a great weekend beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Made it home from Canada and man I am glad to be home, that couldnt have been a worse trip We were detained at the border and they almost didnt let me in, I have a wreckless driving charge from several years back and apparently that is a felony in Canada, they ended up giving me a 1 day pass to get in and said dont come back for 10 years lol. Dont worry I wont be back!!

The gas cap broke on my new car while on the trip, so I have to call the dealership today and I got a speeding ticket on the way home I just wanted to go to bed by the time we got home yesterday!!

On a brighter note its going to be in the 70s here today so I have on capris and flip flops at work lol. Only 22 days till we leave for Vegas and that trip has got to be better than this last one lol.

Not much else to report, I didnt get on the scales this morning, I will check tomorrow, although we did so much driving I didnt eat a whole lot this weekend, but what I did eat wasnt all that healthy.

I plan to start Trim Healthy Mama, a new eating plan when we get back from Vegas. I just finished reading the 200+ page book, its very similar to SB but its all about food combos and there are tons of good recipes on Pintrest I have been gathering up, I also joined their FB page, tons of pics of success stories. Its 2 sisters who wrote the book and there is lots of good information about how our bodies use different kinds of foods in different ways. We shall see how it goes Until then I am just going to keep counting calories like I have been, although I am pretty much just maintaining it seems like.

Back to work for me!!

Kelly
Old 04-08-2014, 04:20 AM   #13
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh Kelly! I am glad you made it home safely! What a trip!

I wish I could find some magic combo to help with with loss - I just don't think my body wants to drop. Maybe it's age, hormones......I am frustrated, and yet I am not, if that makes sense. My nurse coach says I am doing everything right - eating healthy, working out with cardio and weights, and yes everyday is not perfect......I feel pretty good, so she said just leave it.

I leave Thursday - won't have to worry about eating - DD eats/cooks well, and since she's vegan and doesn't eat a lot of junk, we won't be doing any of that. She has a couple restaurants she wants to take me to.....one that is ALL vegan, and then there are a Thai and Vietnamese restaurant that she can't decide on. Also an outdoor cafe she wants to take me to on Saturday that has specialty brewed coffees!! We also are going to the outlet mall, another really nice one, probably ikea...then I want to take her car for an oil change and car wash....probably will do that while she is at work on Friday and surprise her. I told DH I am going to be pooped when I get home!

DH is going to Montreal early May and I am going along! It's Mother's Day weekend, which I wasn't happy about, but his broker meeting in Monday after and he didn't have a choice. We will make a mini vaca out of it! I told DD26 we will celebrate the weekend before - I want to make her first official Mother's Day a special one!

Hope Wiz is having a ball.......
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Hump Day Beachers!

Long week. Dh is out of town and last night the hot water tank decides to stop working AGAIN. Calling repair guy this morning. Third time with the same issue and the hot water tank is only a few years old.

Cindy - Enjoy your time with your DD!

Wiz - from FB it looks like you are having a good time!

Kel - Capris and flip flops! Can't wait til it warms up a bit more here.

Back to the grind!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!

Cindy - Enjoy your time in FL!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls,
Ready for the weekend! We are going to have weather in the 70s here, cant wait, gonna do some BBQing and gardening

2 1/2 weeks till our Vegas trip, cant wait!! Cirque show this Sunday, Im super excited about that too!

Weight was up this morning when I stepped on the scales, Im just trying to maintain until we get back from Vegas and then I am going to start on THM, been working on files to save tons of recipes and writing a list of all the things I need to buy. The recipes use a lot of almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, Ezekiel Bread and things of that nature, I dont have any of those items at my house, a trip to Trader Joes might be in order.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Kelly
Old 04-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Had a really good weekend. Worked in the yard on Saturday and did a little shopping with DD yesterday!

Hoping to have a good eating week!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!! Wow, did we have a great time. The cottage we rented was adorable, with a lovely pool. And the weather was awesome, although 2 evenings it rained.

In any case, I am back and prepared to knuckle under the next couple of weeks!! Beside dropping some lbs, I want to wean myself off Diet Coke - which will not be easy for me. So, I went to the store and didn't re-up my supply. I had 1 can this morning after my run and then went right to water. We'll see...

Kelly, OMG, what a trip. That is a nightmare. I guess you can take Canada off your list!!

Cindy, how was your trip?? I bet you were so glad to see your daughter.

Tina, Love the mother/daughter mani/pedi outing.

Well, I need to get cracking after being off for 6 days. I have a pile of stuff waiting for me...
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Had an awesome weekend and I can barely walk today!! Did so much yardwork over the weekend that my muscles are crying today lol. Mainly my legs from all the squatting and bending, I am walking like I have a stick up my butt today

The Cirque show yesterday was AMAZING!! Cant believe it took me this many years to see one of their shows, but we talked about making it an annual event every year they come to town.

We are having such nice weather here, in the 70's I even got my first small sunburn of the year on Saturday! Saturday night we built a fire in our firepit with the kiddos and we made smores, it was such a fun evening to sit around the fire and laugh with the kids.

2 weeks till Vegas!! Super exicted for the nice weather there too, I went to Old Navy and bought several new summer items since I didnt have anything to wear in Vegas.

This coming weekend is lil mans first basketball game and of course Easter, I still need to go shoping to get the kids stuff. Not sure we will do an egg hunt though, they are all getting too old for that. I did read a cool thing online though about putting food coloring in shaving cream and using that to color the eggs, thought about doing it just more as an art project cause it would be fun lol.

My weight is still just maitaining which is my goal right now till we get back from Vegas and then I am going to dive into THM full bore. I ordered a bunch of supplies off Amazon which should be here in the next week or so. It will consist of making a bunch of stuff homemade instead of buying store bought stuff, good thing I like to cook

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #20
Queen Bargain Shopper

Back from FL.
Weather was amazing but came back to snow, ugh.

DD is doing so well and so proud of her.
So tired tonight - will catch up with all later.....
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Good eating day under my belt. I'm focusing on the food right now and will be adding exercise back in once I feel ready. I've had several lousy eating weeks and its time to gain control again.

Cindy - Snow here again also! Supposed to be back in the 60/70s on Thursday.

Kel - I did a good bit of yard work this weekend also. I had some decorative grass that had grown out of control. I broke the shovel trying to dig it up. DS found the pry bar in the garage and used that to finish taking it out for me.

Wiz - Good luck with the diet coke thing. My vice is diet pepsi!

Happy Tuesday Beachers.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:02 AM   #22
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!

Yesterday's eating was good. But of course, as you all well know, it's stringing together a bunch of good days that is the problem!!

I roasted broccoli in the oven last night at 425 for 20 mins, topped with a dressing of 1/4 cup EVOO, juice from 1 lemon, 1 teas of Dijon mustard, garlic powder, freshly ground pepper and a tiny bit of freshly ground sea salt. I used 3 heads to that ratio of dressing. It was really, really good. Even Joe, who is not crazy about broccoli liked it. And I've got some nice leftovers to use in eggs or a salad.

Cindy, glad you had a good time!!

Tina, you and me - one day at a time with our eating. I didn't know you were a DP fan. I'm not sure I can pull off this DC thing. I may break down and buy some more. We'll see.

Kelly, I knew you'd like Cirque de Soleil! The two different shows I've seen were both awesome.

Have a good day!!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi ladies!

Sorry to have been MIA again, but it has been a hectic time, what with the rehab sessions on my foot and doing an online course for school. Trying to fit all that in with work and my normal housework and teacher stuff (correcting papers, preparing classes) was just crazy! I'm off on Easter break now and trying to catch up with some gardening. Got all my seeds planted yesterday (in pots), but still have to clear all the weeds and debris out of the border, plant summer-flowering bulbs and some bare-root perennials that I got on sale today for 4 euros (36 plants! several different kinds, including columbine, lupines, hostas, purple coneflowers and gloxinia incarvillea).

I think I am finished with the rehab on my foot, but have to see the doctor again sometime next week to see what he says. I am still having a tough time with shoes, because the ones that don't bother my ankle (most of them hit me right in the sore spot) are not good for my plantar fasciitis. I'll have to ask the doctor about that. Right now I am surviving with Converse high-top sneakers. Thank God we dress casually at school!

My eating has been simply awful. I can't seem to get back into the rotations on JUDDD, and now I have a vacation mentality going on. I have been mentally exploring other options for getting back on track. I am seriously thinking of low carbing it, as in setting a limit for a number of carb grams a day and sticking to it, because I think that will work the best for me on getting rid of the post-menopausal muffin top I have developed. I have downloaded a couple apps for my phone, one that keeps track of carbs and another that has just blown me away. The latter counts calories and will even scan barcodes (and to my absolute shock, it works on foods here!! at least the ones I've tried). I've had fun playing with it all day, and I think it would be a great tool for keeping accountable, in case anyone wants to try it. It also factors in exercise.

Cindy, Wiz and Tina - so sorry about your weather! Ours has been unseasonably warm (t-storms threatening right now). I won't forget that we had snow last year on April 30, though... I bet it was hard to come back from Florida and face the white stuff!

Kelly - you have such a fun social life! I feel positively stodgy and boring, because we don't do much of anything. We may go to the movies this week for the first time in several years (to see a Spanish film that's supposed to be really funny).

That's it from me. I'm going back out to the garden to see if I can get some more done before the skies open up!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:09 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Been busy at work today, we have some big wigs here this week. Imm so ready for our Vegas trip, we got our airline tics and hotel accomodation info in the mail yesterday from the travel agent, cant wait!! Im getting new hair for the trip, dying it dark purple and getting it cut and flat ironed, my appt is on the 29th, which is the day we leave.

Tina and Wiz- I am a diet Dr. Pepper addict lol. These days I limit myself to one per day with my lunch, sometimes I buy a 2 liter for at home on the weekends, but then I drink way to much lol.

I sure hope we dont get anymore snow here, we already have plants in our garden and they would die, although the rain is coming back today for a couple days ,but then nice again on the weekend.

Time to get back to work, have a great one ladies.

Kelly
Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Onto the 3rd good eating day

I try to limit myself to one DP with my lunch also. But when we do running/errands in the evenings and weekends we've all gotten into the habit of thinking we MUST have a drink and I usually end up with a DP.

Kel - Vegas sounds like a good time!

Luisa - The moderators on here warned me for saying ***. I use it and I love it! Love the ease of use!

Cindy - We had snow yesterday, so over it.

Wiz - That broccoli recipe sounds good!

Gotta get to work! Have a great hump day beachers!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #26
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Another good day of eating done! We had a dusting of snow, which was bad enough, but the wind chill was 19 this morning. UGH! I went in the basement and did 20 miles on my exercise bike. I just can't face getting bundled up anymore to go running...

Off to Dallas next week for work, it's supposed to be in the 80s there.

Luisa, saw your patio containers on FB, everything is looking great!

Tina, same here with the diet coke - whenever I am going somewhere, I grab one. Especially when I fly. But I am really trying to drink water instead and save a diet coke for a treat. We'll see.

Kelly, Vegas is always a hoot! The people-watching alone is worth going for, LOL.

Cindy, if you are like me, it's been tough to get your head back into work after being off. I am just kind of dragging myself through each day - and I have a job I like!

Have a good day!!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 AM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

Eating this week has been horrible for me.
Ugh.
I feel like I do all this work - eat right, exercise, add weights and NOTHING. I don't know if it's hormones, age.......DD24 gave me a big lecture when I was visiting about my body image! DD24!!!! She said for how you raised my sister and I, you need to change your thinking - we had a great chat and I need to rein it in again and go back to my norm. This week it's been because I haven't had groceries AND I CANNOT eat another salad at lunch that I have to make.....today is a new day and I will do my best for the rest of the week. I have to!

Raining today and supposed to slowly warm up, but it's been 20 degrees below normal here. Tired of it!

Busy at work - summer and fall registrations.....today is another long one.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #28
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, feeling your pain! I really do think this long winter has impacted our eating. You really crave comfort food - not salads! And the cold weather just keeps going and going.

I have gotten in a few good days of eating, but of course, we've got a bazillion things going on this weekend. My SiL posted what her Easter menu will be and I realized there isn't a vegetable listed. Really? I'm supposed to bring an app, but I swear I may just show up with a salad too.

Gotta run, busy work day ahead...10 conference calls. UGH.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Im still hanging in there, weight is 199, ugh, I am right on the border of not being in Onederland anymore

I havent been pigging out, but havent been watching what I am eating either.

Raining here today but supposed to be nice by the weekend, I have major house cleaning planned, only 1 of the boys will be here this weekend. Saturday I have to take my new car in and get some things checked, good thing its still under warranty. Then Saturday afternoon lil man has his first Basketball game, should be cute, they are so little. For Easter on Sunday we are just hiding plastic eggs in the backyard for the 2 little ones to hunt, put some money in them and candy, they will love it. Not planning a dinner, the little ones dont like "real" food anyway lol.

Off to work, I have a ton of meetings today too Wiz! good times

Kelly
Old 04-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #30
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Easter!!

We went to a very fun graduation party yesterday for our neighbor's daughter. It was at a restaurant, but was all appetizer type foods. Our neighbor is a trained baker and she brought all the desserts. I can't believe I didn't touch them, but some how I passed on them all.

I am off to Dallas bright and early tomorrow morning, not home until the end of the week. Ugh. Will check in when I can...

Have a good week!!