Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
TGIF Slimmers!

Scale is still at 140. I need to get below 140 and continue downward or I am never going to make my goal before we leave for North Carolina. I have got to fit in my shorts before we leave!!!!!

The weather here is crazy! One day it is nearly 80 degrees then the next day it is 50 degrees!

Beth: 3 teenage drivers!!! It has been an adjustment that is for sure.

Diane: You can do it!!!

Nicole: Enjoy your company tomorrow!

Charlene: My kids are done with school the day we leave for North Carolina. They will be missing the last 1/2 day of school.
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #62

Good morning!

I havent weighed yet this morning.

Today is DS17's 1st prom! Where has time gone? I cant wait to see him all dressed up in his tux.

It is suppose to be a beautiful day here; sunny and 77 degrees!! I hope to spend atleast a couple hours outside this afternoon enjoying the sunshine.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep (although I probably could now). Headed to the gym yesterday and I'm working on my shopping list for FMD. Yikes, there is a lot of food in there. I plan on spending all of tomorrow cooking and getting ready for the week. I think I am ready to do this. FMD is such a different mind set. I'm hoping for some good, quick results.

Rachel--enjoy the nice weather. We have had a cold spell come in and it rained yesterday and is expected to do so again tomorrow. High yesterday was 59. Wednesday should be 90. Looking forward to pix of your DS at his first prom!

Diane--Monday is "FMD" day for me too. Annie the corgi was a very sweet little girl. Kona LOVED her, so did Zora. Yesterdays dh's colleague's dog passed away. A lot of souls leaving this week. Right now FMD is feeling a little overwhelming. I'm sure I will feel better once I get the hang of it. I'm going to pretty much follow the given menu maps, even though I'm not crazy about all of the food, just so it will be much easier. The idea of eating and maybe even liking steel cut oats seems crazy to me.

Nicole--have fun this week with your guest. Four months after a major is loss is not much time at all. It took me a year to start to feel normal after my mom passed 19 months ago, I think I'm finally pretty much back to "normal" although it is now a new normal.

Niki--where are you?

Charlene--so how was the quinoa? How you doing on FMD?

Back to making my shopping list!

Have a good day all.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Ok, last night I finished the second to last chapter for my Access class and I got an A on all the tests. Today I have ONE LAST chapter. Before I started on that I finished up two of my paintings (they are posted on facebook). Ok, back to my homework.. then tonight I am going over to a friends house to watch a movie. I hope she doesn't get pizza or something crazy like that!

Beth: It can seem overwhelming at first, but you get used to it after the first week or so. If you have an iPhone get the app! It has the food lists by phase, and you can keep track of what you eat and when.. also how much water you drink. I like steel cut oats, but if I'm too lazy to make it I have a slice of spelt toast on phase 1 (or sprouted grain if phase 3). Planning ahead helps a LOT. Sometimes I use toasted spelt as a bun if I'm having a hamburger with tomato and sugar-free ketchup. Yumm....... I woke up early this morning too. This is my sleep-in day too! Arg! One of the best things I did was to make that huge pot of chunky chili and freeze it in single servings. I don't know if you are doing the extra serving thing if you have more than 20 lbs to lose, but I didn't and I lost just fine. I can't wait to get back on it. I think you will love how you feel. My stomach was so much smaller and less bloaty!

Nicole: I love that 7 days in the week quote!.... I can understand how even though you and your sons dad weren't together at the time, how you can still be soooo affected. My oldest son's dad passed away several years ago (he never knew him), and I hadn't seen or spoken to him in probably 20 years.. but when I heard about him and how it happened, it affected me deeply. Let's just say.. he took away any chance of my son getting to know him. I always cared. Anyway.. (shake it off) :kick:

Rachel: Darn scale! I was hoping I would drop a couple lbs before Monday, but TOM is here, so the scale is not cooperating. UGH talk about fitting into shorts? How about fitting into ANYTHING!? It is a beautiful warm sunny day here, and as I was getting dressed I had "That moment when nothing in your closet fits".......... THAT is why I need to get back on FMD and lose this weight I put on this past year!!! I ended wearing a t-shirt.

Charlene: How is it going on FMD??? What are you up to this weekend?

Niki: Gurl where are you?

Last edited by Annie64; 04-26-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

I have lost the 3 lbs of "Easter weight" I gained without really trying, so at least when I start back on FMD tomorrow I won't be at my highest weight. Woke up with a low-grade migraine today but plan to spend the day cleaning and organizing. Then painting. I hope to get outside at some point because it is a perfect day out there. I'll check in later...
Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you're having a fine Sunday. Getting ready to start a cooking marathon for this week for FMD. Holy smokes did I spend a lot of money at the grocery store yesterday. But I'm thinking that some of this stuff will actually cover two weeks. DH will not officially be on plan with me but he will eat the food (he'll eat just about anything). I'm debating going to the gym today. In FMD the I will need to go on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Is much harder for me to go on those days if I'm at the office. I'll have to leave early.

Diane--hope that migraine doesn't get worse. I read in FMD that having sugar will stall weight loss for 4-7 days. Interesting. I think that will be the hardest thing for me, but I'm willing to give this a good shot. The theory of the plan makes sense to me. How was movie night? What did you watch?

Nicole--so, where might you be? Haven't heard from you in the last day or so

Rachel--how's it going with you?

Charlene--how 'bout you. I see its your DD's b'day. Sweet 16!

Niki?

Have a good Sunday. I'm anxious to get into the kitchen!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

So I have been thinking about getting a third part-time job for months now, but never applied anywhere until last week. I only applied at Michael's and today I got a call.. I have an interview tomorrow! No, I don't reeeeally want to work more, but I have to do SOMEthing. At least for a while.

Beth: Yeah, sugar can be tough, but we would be giving it up no matter which diet we do. Like Atkins, once you are on it you don't crave the sugar.. maybe eating the fruit helps with that! I am DYING for some fresh cherries! Went to the store today to get food for the week.. got some apples, oranges, pineapple, hamburger patties, sweet potatoes and tomatoes... to go with the food I already have. I am absolutely looking forward to getting back on this diet. I feel like I am in the right mindset for it. With school being over that helps with SOME of the stress. Hey, what all are you cooking up for the week?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

It has been a cooking marathon. So far today I have made Chicken Barley soup (which is more like a stew its so thick) for dinner tomorrow night and lunch on Tuesday. I also made turkey chili for dinner Tuesday night and for the freezer for either next week or later in the week. Stuffed mushrooms for Phase 2 snacks, phase 1 and phase 2 salad dressing (yum!), French toast with strawberry sauce for breakfast Tuesday, cooked turkey bacon for phase 2. Now I have to package everything up for the next few days. DH has decided to join me. The one thing I noticed is how much good nutrition is packed into everything. My body may go into shock with so much nutrition.

I did not go to the gym today, but will tomorrow. I plan on leaving the office by 2 tomorrow so I can get to the gym for my cardio workout.

Time to finish up in the kitchen.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Hi Beth where in north Cali? I'm in Folsom.

Annie our stats r close I'm 5'8" too.

I get my Netrition order tom eve yay

I'm going to Jamaica May31 so I am working toward that.

Last edited by Stephie51; 04-27-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:05 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning. About to hit the treadmill. I decided to start over on FMD today so I can be with the book and maybe stay along with you guys. It was tough starting in the middle of the week. Although I was feeling better, I ditched it yesterday for birthday cake and downloaded the book instead of using copies a friend gave me. So, Diane and Beth, we'll be alined and compare notes.

Beth - I did like quinoa ....a lot. I used it as a side, in soup, and just mixed it in with other food for more texture. Yes, it was dd16's birthday yesterday. Bless her heart, but she's grounded. Made poor choices prior to the day and I had to scrap all her plans. I did make it as special as I could by taking her shopping and allowing some of her closer girl friends to come over. I know she needed to talk. This parenting thing sucks sometimes.

Diane - I was actually rocking and rolling on the FMD but once I decided to restart on a Monday, I ate cake. LOL

Rachel - you can do this! Are you running any?
Okay, here we go. New week.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok girls.. here we go! Time to reset my FMD app! I'm about to have some steel cut oats and an apple. Feeling good about this and I am ready. I think it's great that the three of us will be in sync with FMD! We can muddle through phase 2 together!

We are having the first decent thunder/lightning storm here this morning.. I kind of like it after such a long winter.. it's nice to hear! I just hope it stops before my interview. I'm not really that nervous.. yet. I mean, it's just a third part time job, so if I don't get it it's not the end of the world... but if I'm going to do this it has to be someplace I like and will at least enjoy.

Beth: Those recipes sound yummy! I never tried any from the book. The support group on fb has tons of recipes, and if you are on pinterest, Hayley has a bunch of recipes on there too.. that's where I got that yuummmmy marinade recipe. I'm looking forward to making that again! ..... I forgot you asked about the movie.. we watched Last Vegas. It was funny and we both liked it.

Charlene: GOOD! Glad you will be in sync with us, I think that will make it easier for you. I had started on a Wednesday because I wanted to get started and didn't want to wait for Monday, but like I said, I think I like it better this way so P3 days are on the weekend. Don't feel bad about the cake! Cake happens! The only event I have coming up in the next 28 days is a graduation party on the 10th.

Hi to Rachel and Niki!

Stephie: Hi there, welcome!

Last edited by Annie64; 04-28-2014 at 06:09 AM..
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

I had the oatmeal smoothie for breakfast and a mango for snack. I kinda had to eat it - it was too thick, but yummy. I took off work today to cook for a lady whose husband is having surgery in California and her boys are home with her older nephew looking after them. I'm making casseroles they can pop in the oven after school/work. Downing the water.

Beth - I saw that dressing recipe and I will make that! Sounds delicious!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Gage
Stats: 263/215.8/165
WOE: Watching Carbs....
Start Date: Restart 4/6/14
Morning all! Swoon...seriously I think I might be in love... My Saturday was fabulous, due to a program he is doing right now I might see him in 2 weeks or it could be 6. Something he wants to do though and for the right reasons so I am supporting it but I already really miss him. He kept me... "cough" busy on Saturday for sure.

I am down another 2 lbs this morning! The weight is just melting away! I am so excited. I am wearing clothes I never have or haven't for a while, I feel great!

Diane: Yes losing his father was and has been very hard, plus he passed away in my house while we were gone, he had been staying with us a couple weeks, so all his stuff is there too. Its in the garage though and I need to clean the garage out bad, he was a pack rat but its way to hard still, overwhelming, I can't bear it yet.

Beth: Yes ma'am, no time to post over the weekend. LOL. I had a great time and was treated so well, he is a dream. Pretty damn good looking too. I hope this isn't too good to be true. I was mentally abused a lot by Gage's Dad so I am hesitant to put myself out there but sometimes you got to do a leap of faith right?

Charlene: Enjoy your day off, what a wonderful you are doing!

Rachel: Hey chick! Hope your weekend was great!

Eating is clean and I went to a wedding and DID NOT CHEAT! No cake, no potatoes, no nothing I wasn't supposed to! I am doing this!

If at first you don't succeed..... try try again!
Mom2Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Interview went good and it looks like I got the job.. just waiting for the background check to be done. The thing is... they need someone from 3am-10 on Monday's! Yikes! I'll do it though. That's when they get their truck. I will also train as a cashier and work occasional weekend days as needed. I'm tired just thinking about working at 3am! I can sleep during the day on Monday though.

Day 1 of FMD going well so far except I have not been drinking my water! Gotta get on that!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening all!

I've done pretty well on the first day of FMD. I weighed this morning, first time in a long time, and it wasn't pretty. I can't believe how much weight I gained back. I'm embarrassed. But you guys know how it feels. I had the oatmeal smoothie this morning too and it was awful. I added water to it to make it almost drinkable. I took me an hour to get it down. I feel like I'm eating a lot. DH is doing it with me. Lunch was the open faced turkey sandwich, and it was good. I had some sprouted bread. Tonight is chicken barley soup and a salad. I went to the gym this afternoon and rode the bike. My body hurts. A different kind of hurting. But I'm feeling pretty motivated and optimistic.

Diane--when will you get an affirmative on the job? Cool that three of us are starting together. I feel the cross country motivation vibe.

Nicole--Good for you for staying on plan. Happy that you had a great weekend. Take your time when it comes to cleaning out your ex's stuff. You'll know when you will be ready.

Charlene--so what else did you have today? I have the real book and the e edition. Did you get the app? Its really helpful.

Rachel--how's it going?

Must go get dinner ready. Its time!

Have a good one all!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:14 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I felt like I ate all day yesterday. I guess when you get up before 4:00 a.m.....I had to add that extra snack at the end of the day. Got in some cardio in my living room. For lunch yesterday I had grilled chicken breast, salad and brown rice. For dinner I had a grilled turkey burger patty, broccoli, and brown rice crackers. This morning I made this quinoa pumpkin breakfast I found online with some mango. My energy level is shooting through the roof. Where I was crashing at the end of the day, I am finding it hard to fall asleep, but still popping right up when the alarm goes off. I'm a little worried about tonight. A group of us at my work are going to watch tthe Rangers tonight. I hope we stop and eat so I can get something on plan because I know there's probably not much at the ballpark. I wonder if I can sneak in fruit?

I cooked for that family yesterday and it took all day. I made chicken spaghetti, chicken enchiladas, quesadilla casserole and the other lady sent tamales. I also made homemade cookies and took some juice and cereal for the boys.

Bout to do some strength training here in a minute.

I don't think I told y'all, but I had to ground my dd16 for her birthday weekend. Pretty sad stuff, but parenting is hard and she made some poor choices. I took her phone. There are some very sneaky ways to not get caught these days, but she has a mom that could be an FBI agent.

Nicole - so glad you had a great weekend with your friend and congrats on the new low #!!!

Diane - dang, girl. Don't wear yourself out with all these jobs. Be sure and take care of yourself. Hope you got that water in! I went way over on water but I was thirsty!

Beth - good job on day 1! Are you having any headaches? I had bad ones the first 2 days. I did download the app on my ipad and it is great! So easy! I wish they had it for android.

Rachel - how are you doing? Any luck getting that scale to move?

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #77

Morning Slimmers!

Scale is refusing to go down. I am at 141.8 this morning.

Charlene: hang in there! Being a mom to teenagers is so much harder than little ones. DS17 is giving me a run these last 9 months. He is a good kid but makes bad choices too.

Beth: good job on your 1st day on a new plan!

Diane: good job on your interview!

Nicole: glad you had a great Saturday! Congrats on being down 2 lbs!

Stephie: hi!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Gage
Stats: 263/215.8/165
WOE: Watching Carbs....
Start Date: Restart 4/6/14
Morning!

Sigh.. not weighing today! I am getting obsessive and it to stop it! Eating on plan but I ate a few too many nuts yesterday...I guess not a ton in comparison to what I have ate but still..I know my body is like..WHAT?? Stepping up the exercise PERIOD! I am going to join SNAP fitness. I discovered I get $20 of if I go 12 times a month...the question is..can I go 12 times a month???? Hmmmm....

Stephie: This group of ladies is fab!

Diane: Hip Hip Hooray on the interview! I am sure you have it!!!!

Charlene: Yes alas it sucks to be a parent sometimes but if you don't do what you have to in order to show our dd that your not going to put up with the sneaky crap then it will be happening all the time... good eating too! Your rockin it!

Beth: I don't know why but the mental image of you trying to slam down that nasty oatmeal smoothie had me laughing! It is still making me giggle even typing it

Well I better get back to work! So glad I have been posting! WHOOT!
Mom2Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Did good on day 1, and day 2 going strong! Not feeling well today.. I think I have a UTI.. leaving work early to go to the student clinic.

I have never had the oatmeal smoothie lol.. I'm not sure that sounds too appealing to me! Then again, I would have never thought those spinach smoothies would be so good either! (too bad we can't have those on this woe)!

Beth: Yes, we certainly know how it feels! I have gained back half of my weight.. something I was 1000% sure would never happen!..... The manager at Michael's is off today, so she said the latest would be tomorrow. She also said she likes to be honest up front and not give people false hope so they keep calling to see if they got the job, lol.. so she basically said the job is mine. What better way to learn the store than to unload the truck and put everything in it's place? I am already very familiar with the art dept obviously!

Charlene: Oh my gosh! How do you go OVER on water! I did not get enough water down yesterday but I'm doing much better today.... Even though I'll be working 3 jobs, it looks like I will still have a day or two off every week.. unless I get called in to work. We will see if I can handle that shift!

Rachel: Maybe you need a new scale! Your old scale is being awfully mean!

Nicole: Congrats on the loss! I do SO hope I will also be able to fit into my clothes soon!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

I'm a bit tired today. I woke up really tired and sore. I'm guessing its detox symptoms. I've not totally given up coffee yet. Yesterday I drank 1/2 of what I normally do, and today 1/2 of that. A bit of a headache today. Breakfast today was strawberry French toast. I had the open faced turkey sandwich again for lunch. Was going to have leftover soup, but I just couldn't do it two days in a row. Tonight is turkey chili. I woke up thirsty today but I don't know how anyone could go over on water, I would drown if I drank all that I'm supposed to.

It is really warm out (89) today.

Diane--would you get an employee discount? Hope you actually made it to the student health center and you're ok.

Charlene--it must be hard to cook all that food and then not be able to eat it.

Nicole--congrats on the loss. WTG! That smoothie was a misnomer, there was nothing at all smooth about it.

Steph--welcome!

I think a nap is in order.

Rachel--bad scale, bad scale!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #81

Evening Slimmers!

DH and I got a 3 mile walk in before it started pouring! I have also did lots of strength training today. I have been drinking lots of water with a slice of lemon today. I sure havent had a problem getting in plenty of water today.

Beth: hang in there with the detox!

Diane: yikes on the UTI!

Nicole: i gotta step up the exercise too!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, I have a UTI.. glad I was able to go to the clinic before it got worse! I refilled my migraine meds while I was there so that was good!

Beth: I am pretty sure the manager said I would get 30% off anything.. sale or regular priced. Pretty cool! I didn't plan to totally give up coffee yet either, but it just so happened I didn't have any yesterday, and then today with the UTI I needed to stay away from caffeine anyway.

Rachel: Has the weather been really bad there? I keep hearing we are supposed to get nasty storms here, but so far not so much!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

I survived the ballgame. I found some shredded chicken tacos and that's all I ate and had an apple in my purse. My group of ladies caught a foul ball! I touched it as it went by, in between my boss' legs! I dove through her legs and a coworker on the other side dove and we smashed our poor boss! Two coworkers on the other side fought over it. My boss was glad though because she felt protected from the ball. It was hilarious. We sure hoped it didn't make the TV! Another coworker apologized to the crowd around us for our behavior!

Phase 2. I had the Southwestern Scramble for breakfast and am on my way with water.

Beth - well at least it was just a slight headache. Mine was awful. I am a coffee fanatic, but haven't had any since last Wednesday.

Diane - Yuck on the UTI! I have had one and it was so bad. Made me feel terrible. Glad you got into the dr.

Rachel - yay for the walk! I need to get to the park and walk. I love being outside to exercise.

Nicole - I loved Snap fitness when I lived in one of my previous towns. They didn't have that deal when I went and I definitely made it 12 times a month. That's a great deal! I'm a once-a-weeker when it comes to weighing. I seem to be more satisfied with the loss I see at a week and get frustrated with daily weighs.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Feeling much better today. Yesterday after the dr. I just went home and went to bed. I was feeling achy and head-achy. Glad I got this taken care of early before it got bad! I just have to space out my antibiotic, my prilosec, and my iron lol..

Ok Beth and Charlene, it's phase 2 days! We can do this! I have very few options as to what I can eat.. mostly just burgers, green beans, egg whites, tuna... Charlene, how do you make the southwestern scramble? I was making something last time that was egg whites, baby spinach, and some southwestern seasoning. Oh yeah, I also made a ground beef and egg white thing that was good.

Charlene: Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the ballgame!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I'm having a tough time getting going today. And I'm achey to boot! Not looking forward to the next two days. Boring food--a lot of it. I'm making pepperoncini pork roast for tonight. Had turkey bacon, celery and lime for breakfast. Can't get myself motivated to get to the office, or the gym or anything else today. I have lost two pounds, but probably all water. At least the scale is going in the right direction

Diane--hope you're feeling better today. We think that dh has a kidney stone but our dr hasn't been very helpful. I guess they want to wait until he is in extreme pain and having to go to the ER for treatment. He has been doing this plan with me and drinking a lot of water which may be helping, he hasn't had as much pain as before. Perhaps with all the water he is clearing it (or them).

Charlene--good for you on staying on plan at the ball game. I find that this WOE is definitely labor intensive.

Rachel--I hear there are some nasty storms back east. We are getting really hot for a few days, temps in the 90s. How is that scale treating you?

Nicole--have you decided about going the gym? Hope you are doing well.

I guess I better try to get myself going, at least put the roast in the crock pot.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Beth: Keep your eye on the prize! Phase 3 is like Disneyland after phase 2! If you ever feel you MUST "cheat" on phase 2 because you just feel cruddy or whatever, just make sure it is something from one of the other phases.. then it's not so bad.. not that you will! I have never had kidney stones but I know people who have.. shame they won't do something to prevent them from getting worse. Yes, this woe is a LOT of work, but it gets easier I think the more you do it.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Just finished my lunch of Tuna and Cucumber Salad over spinach with phase 2 dressing. One thing I do have to say is that the recipes from the book are really flavorful. A lot to learn about introducing flavor into food. The pepperoncini pork roast in the crock pot is smelling pretty darn awesome too.

Diane--I am anxiously awaiting Friday for more than one reason, like the food!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I have been such a slug today. I haven't wanted to do anything. And I mean, anything! Just one of those days. Took a short nap. I've been hungry, but dh has really been hungry. Only one more day until reward time! I made the pepperoncini pork roast in the crock pot and OMG was it good. If you like the taste of pepperoncini, you'll love it! The meat was falling apart, so it would be great for carnitas. I also made a lemon/lime slushie cuz I just needed something. It was refreshing. Its quite warm here today and that should carry over into tomorrow.

I will be starting the new thread for tomorrow. Look for Slimmer by Summer--May Edition.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I'll post in the new thread when it's up. Just wanted to say good morning.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:27 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

It's up