Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Gage
Stats: 263/220.8/165
WOE: Watching Carbs....
Start Date: Restart 4/6/14
Ok here goes nothing:

Diana: I hate the stress eating or I have the opposite sometimes, the stress starving. Just got to get back on that horse and keep going! Its tough! I was down to 201 before I met Gage's Dad, gained 25 pds over year just not eating as well all the time cause I had my man right? LOL. I am going into onderland this time! Enough is enough

Tripe H mom: Wow, its so cool to see you still on here, I remember Diana, you and beth from way back when! You were always so motivating!

Beth: Hope you made it to the gym yesterday! I understand about clothes not fitting well, I have too big and not big enough so I either feel frumpy or like I am going to pass out from being squeezed to death! A vicious cycle!

Charlene: When you get a special visitor you sometimes need a break..yes do tell..was the movie good?

If at first you don't succeed..... try try again!
Mom2Gage is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Hey all! I made it to the gym yesterday but didn't feel too great today (actually I just didn't want to work) so I stayed home and in bed watching television most of the day until I received a work email and then had to work this evening. Blerg--I need a break.

Hopefully you're all doing OK.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Morning Slimmers!

Scale bounced up to 140.6 this morning. It's not really bothering me though because I feel slimmer than I have in months.

We had snow last night. It's mid-April and we arent suppose to be having snow!!! DD19 got enough snow where she lives that it covered the grass!

Beth: good job on getting to the gym!

Nicole: i cant believe it is Easter week already either!

Charlene & Diane: hi!
hhhmom74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Morning! Ugh! Now that I am 37 this time around instead of 25 the salt is totally getting me sometimes. I drink tons of liquids including water but if I eat anything remotely salty after 8pm cause I am starved my damned fingers are swollen in the morning. Now granted it must be close to TOM time because I have been starving the last couple days and all last week I was fine. Time to control those urges! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:31 AM   #35

Hi Slimmers!

Scale is bouncing around a bit. I am at 140 this morning. I am hoping to see 137.5 by Easter. I am feeling so much better. I dont know why I ever go off plan.

I have lots going on today so I am not sure if I will get any cardio in. I will get some weight training in though this evening before bed.

DH told me last night that I need to let our kids grow up that it would be easier on me. I think he thinks I am not letting them. This all has to do with me talking to them about life things. I am very open with my kids. I talk to them about everything boys, girls, sex, drugs, adulthood, etc, etc, etc. He thinks I worry too much. I dont think I can worry any less. This is normal, right?

Nicole: i am 39 and I know that feeling. Some months I can gain 5-7 lbs of water!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Another day another dollar! HUMP DAY YAY! Tonight I go out with some girls I used to work with. I haven't seem them in a minute and a couple I got super close with. It will be a night of hot wings and salad..YUM! Super low carb too the way this place makes them..I CAN'T WAIT. Nice about this WOE, though I do try to watch my fat intake somewhat, if I want I CAN eat a hot wing. YEP! This weekend coming up is so crazy busy. Hunt, Hunt and going to see Rio 2 with the boy. Then Sunday Easter with family. Got to figure out what the heck I am going to bring. Maybe I will bring veggies and dip, that way I know I can eat ham and that at least..plus perhaps a salad.

H Mom: I think that is totally normal for them want to have more room to grow and for us as parents to reign them in cause its hard to watch our babies grow up and our instincts tell us to protect them. Its a hard balance. I would of been like.. myself so I am right there with ya!

Hope all of you have a great day. My eating is on track, I am attempting to control my urges and the swelling has gone away...
Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

<----- so this pic is from last Saturday... RECENT. Not bad I think!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Hey hey everyone! The movie - I LOVED IT!!! And that lead actor was not too bad to look at either!!!!

Little sis started her new job and is loving it. I am so happy things are finally going her way. She so deserves it.

My nephew is going to regional track in 4 out of 5 of his events and he was the #2 high point individual in the area track meet in his area. I am so proud!!! He's the one moving here this summer and I know our coaches will love having him as an addition to their teams.

I'm still doing well. I have a workout partner two days a week now, in the afternoons - that'll be so different for me because I love my 4:00 a.m. and done ones. We met yesterday and I showed her the gym ropes and got in a good 600 calorie burn. But, I could not get out of bed this morning. I usually wake before the alarm and I just couldn't do it. I'll have to get used to the p.m. workouts. So I just did a quick living room upper arm workout this morning.

Nicole - I hear you about the kids and their activities. We run the road at a constant rate. In fact we are leaving at 1:30 today to travel 2 hours and 15 minutes to watch dd15 run hurdles in the area track meet. Gonna be a late night. I pulled a girl's night with my sister last weekend, but because I knew I was in for the long haul, I bought the select 55 calorie beer.

Beth - glad you made it to the gym. Hopefully you get your energy level back up soon!

Rachel - I am the exact same way with my kids - totally normal I think. I am the one who had the sex talk with my ds26 and dh said two words the whole time. LOL I was always the main disciplinarian because dh coached all the time, and I can remember dh saying, "I don't say much cuz you really are so close to crossing the line...." WHAT? ds26 still calls me first when he calls home. hehehehe My girls still tease me about the sex talk....they say, "You're the only mom who gives their kids a "packet" for the sex talk!" That scale is very bouncy, isn't it? But, I know if I feel lighter, that scale doesn't bother me either!!

Diane - what's up with you? How are doing on your plan?

I hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 AM   #39

Good morning Slimmers!

Scale is at 141.2 this morning. TOM started yesterday so the scale going up is expected. I know I wont see 138 by Easter now. Hopefully next week I will see a new # on the scale.

It is suppose to be 60 degrees here today. Hopefully I will be able to get a walk or two outside.

Charlene: My DH doesnt believe in being very open with our kids. He thinks he wasnt raised in an open family and he turned out fine. I wasnt either but I think in todays world you need to be. Awesome job on your nrephews track accomplishments. How did your DD do last night?

Nicole: Did ya have fun last night with your girls?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I burned 1238 calories today in the gym!!!!!! I went from 4:00-5:15 a.m. and then again 4:30 - 5:45 p.m. with my friend! I'm pumped! I may not be able to move tomorrow.....hehehehe I'm having to make myself eat because prior to right now I only had 600 calories today. I'm not even hungry. I guess all that exercise will do it to you. I had a lot of water too.

My dd15 did not do well in the track meet - last place, but same time she always runs. She'll have to 3-step those hurdles to be competitive next year. But it was fun watching. Our girls placed 2nd in the area track meet with 13 advancing to regionals. She is actually hanging out with a boy we know tomorrow and they are going to his parent's house and they are going to watch a movie and bake a cake before he has to go to work. LOL She is considering working when she turns 16 next week. That'd be ok with me....less out of my pocket!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

I am actually taking a few days off (kinda) and am enjoying some down time. I did go to the gym today, but my calorie burn was NOTHING like Charlene's! WTG there Charlene. Let us know if you can move tomorrow.

Rachel--hopefully you'll see that scale move in the right direction tomorrow or Saturday.

Diane--what up grl!

Niki--What's new with you?

Nicole--so good to see you back. I like your new pix.

I've been doing some reading on different diet plans to kick start. Just read the Shred plan and am not particularly impressed with it. Next is the one that Diane is doing. The last few times when I started back on plan, I didn't lose much. One thing that is different is that I've really cut down on diet soda and artificial sweeteners.

Have a great one all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

MORNING! TGIF!!!!!!!!!! Well at work on Good Friday..surprise surprise. I have to work to 7 to boot. 11 hour day! Cross your fingers that my boss has a sudden impulse to close the office early. Well I started TOM on Tues night and guess what?? Cause I haven't cheated or gone off plan I actually had a loss!!! WHAT?? I am weighing on 2 different scales right now. One at home and one at work (I am the moderator in a biggest loser challenge that ends May 30th). Can you say confusing? ACK! I am posting my weight from my at home scale since that is the scale I have used for years and this one is only temporary.

Back to the weight loss...yes 1.4 pounds. Hey any loss on TOM week is AWESOME! Whoot!

Rachel: Yes I had a great time with the ladies, stayed on plan, 1 bud select with hot wings and salad (gosh I miss this being ok to eat sometimes!). So fun to see them too, been too long.

Charlene: Your posts crack me up! Awesome about the gym buddy! I actually just found out I can get a $20 credit a month if I go to the gym at least 12 times per month! So there is a 30 day free trial at a gym by me names Snap Fitness so I am going to see how it goes, if I can get in 12 days then $18 for a gym membership a month is ROCKIN!

Beth: Thanks girl, I am glad to be back too! I missed you guys. I was on here for several years and developed relationships. What happened to the chicky that used to start these posts a LONG TIME AGO? Jazzy was it???

Diane: Hey girl!

Niki: Hey there...you are welcome to jump on in and post! This group is amazing, so if your lurking...come on girl give it a whirl again!

Food today:
b: scrambled eggs w/ am chs, sausage patty
coffee w/ sugar free creamy choco coffee mate
diet coke
l: steak w/ teensy but a-1, celery & ranch dip
d: NOT SURE YET
s: cheese stick perhaps if hungry

Trying to get in 6 glasses of water today, been so crappy at drinking water here lately and I NEED TO!

Have a great day ladies...WHEW that was a long one!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. I'm hoping to get to the gym later this morning. We have a massage scheduled this afternoon. I'm feeling like a migraine may be coming on, but perhaps I'm wrong (fingers crossed).

How is everyone on this beautiful morning?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Morning all. Hope everyone's Easter was fabulous! My weekend was great. Saw Rio 2 with my son, my sis and my niece. Pretty cute. Eating was not great. Popcorn at the Theatre which made me soooo sick...ICK! And did good all day yesterday until I had this uncontrollable impulse to devour my son's Easter candy without him there.. SUCK! Today is a new day though and I am back on track! I can do this... I CAN DO THIS! Hope all your days are great!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #45

Afternoon Slimmers!

Boy did I fall off the wagon yesterday!!! Scale was up 2 lbs this morning. I am miserable!!! Back on plan today! I need to lose atleast 10 lbs before I start wearing any of my jeans shorts. I can get them on and zipped but can not move a muscle!!! It is very depressing!!!

It was nice to have DD19 home for 3 1/2 days. I hated to see her go back this morning.

My schedule is jammed packed until mid-June. After looking at my calendar last night I was bummed. I need a lazy day so bad but it doesn't look like I will get one any time soon.

Off to a meeting, I will try to post personals when I get back home.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #46

Good morning Slimmers!

I am getting ready to head out the door.

Scale is back down to 140.2 so I was happy to see that I am back down. I am going to get a walk or 2 in today. I will also do some strength training this afternoon.

Nicole: I am jumping right back on the wagon with you! Did you like Rio 2? i am wanting to take my nephew.

Beth: How are you doing?

Charlene: When is school done for you guys?

Diane: where are ya?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Morning Slimmers!

Well I was happy to see the scale back down with a loss this morning. Considering my crash with popcorn & Easter candy this weekend I will take it! Whew! Got my cleaning groove on last night. Got a lot done. I am having a visitor this Saturday and I don't want him seeing my house a disaster after all.

Rachel: Rio 2 was cute! Lots of funny parts BUT there was a little one under 1 in the theatre that kept crying...UGH! Hello?? I just paid $31 between tickets and snacks, I want to hear the movie..ANNOYING! Finally halfway thru they took the baby out for the rest of the movie.. Is that wrong of me to be that annoyed?

Beth: Hope your migraine didn't surface!

Charlene & Diane: Hey you 2...where you at??

Well that's all for now..day 2 of clean eating.

Yesterday menu:
2 HB eggs w/ 1 slice pepperjack cheese
steak, celery and ranch
2 scrambled eggs w/ 1 slice American cheese

today:
2 hb eggs w/ 2 slices pepperjack cheese
So far so good!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Ok, I am here. I only have time for a quick check-in though... I have NOT been on plan... so hard when you are broke! I find something finally that works and I just can't afford it. I am going to HAVE to find a way to make it work anyway. The next two weeks are going to be tough financially, so it should be interesting to see how it goes. I cooked Easter dinner and everything came out SO good! And yes I ate way way way too much!

Anyway, I painted most of yesterday - I'm om a roll! My gallery show has officially been confirmed for Nov '15 (it was going to happen I was told, but now it's official) I will be SO glad to be done with my classes so I can concentrate on my art more.

Ok, I will check in more often now. I feel like I am going pretty well today food-wise, but not really following any plan at the moment.. just trying to eat less and stay away from junk.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Had to come in and do a quick HI DIANE!!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy!!! Yep, I was so sore, I couldn't drag myself to the computer. Naw, it wasn't too bad. I had to work half a day on Good Friday and then had a pretty good weekend. Cooked a huge Easter meal and went way overboard, but have worked out yesterday and twice today. SO I feel somewhat better.

Nicole - glad to see you're sticking with it! The menu looks good. I am considering doing something Diane tried a while back....the Fast Metabolism Diet - just to kick start something. I think I am so used to LC, I need to do something else for 28 days.

Diane - I downloaded a bunch of the info on the FMD and am going to try it based solely on what a friend of mine is doing as far as meal plans. She has the book. I did some research and have me a menu. I have fruit and grains for the first two days and then I will head to the store this weekend.

Beth - How are you? Did you ward off that migraine? Any gym time lately?

Rachel - I know exactly what you mean about the miserable feeling - felt that Sunday. YUCK! I don't know why I do that to myself because I know how good I feel when I don't and how awful I feel when I do. 30 something more school days for the kids and I work another week after. I'll be done the second week of June. I am more than ready!

DD15 turns 16 on the 27th. I have a nice cake ordered for her and am taking her shopping in Tyler on Saturday. She can't get her license until the end of May though - she waited too long to finish her permit stuff. I guess we'll have to consider looking for a car this summer....yikes!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All!

I'm a tired puppy tonight. It was a long meeting day, but good. I did manage to ward off that migraine. I didn't make it to the gym since last Thursday. I was going to go on Saturday but was really tired and then had a massage which was wonderful and then we went out to dinner with our friends and our goddaughter. OMG she is just so darn cute and engaging. She just needs some hair now. And then the gym was closed on Sunday. Yesterday I was going all day and evening and didn't get home this evening until 8. Working from home tomorrow so I will be heading there. I, too, am researching FMD and thinking of trying to do something different.

Diane--good to see you. Yeah on getting the date set for your show. Are you feeling any better?

Charlene--yikes, your DD with a drivers license!

Rachel--how's the weather back east. You have three teenagers with licenses! How's it feel?

Nicole--Back on track after the weekend--good for you. No, you are not wrong to be annoyed about the crying in the theater. I could go on a rant about "some people" but I'll save you all from that.

Niki--where are you? Miss you?

Have a good evening all.

GB?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! Still on plan and going strong! WHOOT! I also have been working diligently on my house to get it somewhat shape before some company comes for a while on Saturday. Nothing like company coming to motivate one to clean. My bedroom looked like it was straight out of hoarders so something needed to be done before I lost my bed! LOL.

Diane: So neat about your gallery show, I was a Fine Arts major in college, drawing is my thing but after so many people asking me how I was going to feed myself or do with life I switched to business. Eventually I want a space back to draw and paint again. I WILL HAVE IT! House too tiny for anything like that right now though. How wonderful for you though...JEALOUS!

Charlene: I am so glad my son will just be 7 this July because my mom told me once that when I got my drivers license she stopped sleeping at night if I was gone and I believe her! So I am prepared for more sleepless nights in my future it seems. Don't sleep when they are small, don't sleep when they are big.

Hi Rachel!!

Beth: I will probably check into the FMD if I start stalling but I haven't really watched my carbs this much for 7-8 years so I luckily I think I am good for now. I also have heard every 6 weeks or so you need to take a couple days off and carb up to kick start your body to help shed more pounds. Good luck!

Niki are you going to post anymore? I never got to say hi or get to know ya!

Well everyone have a fabulous day! The sun is shining here with a high of 70!! Got to love it!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I started a 30 day ab challenge that is a Free app on my iphone, takes like 5 min or less a day. I screwed it up after 3 days cause we were doing challenges at work and my stomach muscles hurt so bad I struggled. Well I started catching up and did day 1 and 2 together last night. WHOOT!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

OK I am late to eat lunch because I was covering for the secretary so she could be taken out for Secretary's Day lunch. I am famished! I have kale chips cooking in the oven and quinoa on the stove. Never have eaten the stuff. Don't know what I'm in for. I have drunk so much water trying to curb the hunger pangs.

Nicole - you sound like me. Unless there is company coming, I don't clean house very well. But, I will tell you countless numbers of people have eaten in my kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives, so there's some truth to don't let a little dirt bother you. LOL

Diane - can't wait to see and hear about your show. That's gonna be so great! This diet is kicking my tail today though. Whew! That fruit makes me more hungry. I can't tell you the last time I had a mango, but I ate one while driving to my school today (I don't recommend that btw). I had juice everywhere. I had to hot the bathroom sink upon arrival.

Beth - glad you warded off the migraine. Maybe we all can share some tips on this FMD. I know I can do anything for 28 days. I am definitely trying different things I haven't eaten before.

Rachel - hope that scale isn't bouncy today, unless it bounced to the low end.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

One thing after another as usual! Sheesh! Now my DD19 has strep and didn't have the money to go to urgent care, so about 100 bucks later (she has insurance from her dad, but between urgent care and the meds it was about 100).. anyway, 100 buck later and I'm more broke than broke! Oh well. Things are starting to look up.. most of my kids are working now and maybe I won't have to feed them so much and be broke all the time! (and pay for cell phones and car insurance.. lol!

Charlene: That's great! I think you will love how you feel.. minus the hunger pangs! I am surprised because I don't remember being hungry at all! I felt SO much smaller and less bloaty while I was on it. I won't lie, P2 is tough, but if you are used to low carb, then those days shouldn't be too bad. I actually liked the simplicity of those days, but boy is P3 a treat after the low carb days! LOL! What day did you start? I didn't get hungry eating the fruit, in fact, sometimes I had to make myself eat it because I just wasn't hungry yet.. but isn't it great to be able to eat it! I am still looking for fresh cherries every time I go to the store. No luck yet. Hey, I don't remember if you ever said if you have an iPhone, but if you do get the free app, it really helps!

Beth: It's weird, I will have so many days with the fatigue and I fall into a "coma", then I'll have a night where I am up until 2am! I HAVE noticed I can go up stairs without a racing heart and breathlessness, so I guess there is progress. Oh my gosh, I need to get back to the gym too, but I have been waiting until I start feeling a bit better.

Nicole: Funny, I'm working on a business information technology degree, but WISH I could get a BFA! I have always been artistic, but have really only been painting a few years since I went back to school. I took drawing for my fine arts credit and just kept taking more art classes...... On FMD, I did it and loved it, but fell off the wagon and have had a hard time getting back on. It CAN be an expensive WOE, and it does take planning ahead for sure. But it WORKS! I lost 8 lbs in the first two weeks and I was eating chili all the time and felt great!

Rachel: Oh my gosh, I can't even IMAGINE wearing shorts right now. I can't even imagine wearing anything but a hoodie! And it's getting too warm for those! Ughhhhhh... Ok. I don't care if I have to steal the food for my diet, I am going to start on Monday and in the meantime work on cutting the dairy and wheat to get ready for it.. I know just doing THAT will make me feel so much better.

Niki: Where are you?

Last edited by Annie64; 04-23-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Annie64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All!

I did make it to the gym today and got my workout in. It is a very sad day around our house today. One of Kona's and Zora's friends, a sweet little corgi named Annie, died on Easter Sunday. She was such a little sweet dog. I remember when she first came home and her owners were walking her, I thought they were walking a hamster she was so little. And then this morning we found out that a good friend of dh's passed away from a heart attack early this morning. He was younger than DH. He was such a sweet gentle soul. We have lost four friends in the last few months. Sad sad sad.

I'm still reading FMD and getting ready to start. I need to talk to DH and see if he wants to join me.

Diane--good to see you back! Glad you're starting to feel better. Be sure to add some B12, I think that will help. Hopefully things will even out for you.

Charlene--how was the quinoa? They do tell you that if you are hungry you should eat more. And be sure to eat every 3-4 hours.

Nicole--nothing like a guest to make us see our homes as they really are Good for you for staying on track. There is a challenge at my gym starting next week, but I'm not sure if I have to follow their nutrition plan.

Niki--where are you?

I'm getting psyched up to get back on track!

Have a good one!

Rachel--how ya doing?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Morning...I don't know why but I woke up in a bit of a funk today. Then got stuck in traffic for the 2nd day in a row due to an accident and ended up in the car for an hour and 15 min. UGH! Eating still going strong and down to 239.8 this morning.. Yay! A new digit! People are really starting to notice I am losing weight now. It is so nice, when I first did this gung ho years ago I weighed a whopping 289 and saw 300 in the future! Scared me half to death. I lost 87 lbs then. The first 30 were frustrating, not because they didn't come off easy but because I was so heavy you couldn't tell even after all the hard work I put into it. Its nice to be at a weight that even 20 lbs right now is noticeable! YAY!

My hands hurt from putting new fabric on my kitchen chairs, that staple gun is hurting me! The chairs look great and only 1 more to go until scotch guard. Was so tired of scrubbing them all the time because the fabric was cream! UGH!!

Charlene: I used to worry and spend so much time cleaning my house, it had to look perfect all the time. I woke up one day and thought how much of my life and time I was wasting cleaning instead of enjoying life and it all changed. Yes it drives me crazy at times and I feel overwhelmed because I have OCD about it and I struggle not to clean constantly but its so much better living this way and just ignoring some of it! Laundry gets done when we need clothes, dishes are done regularly and its picked up ok but deep cleaning....sometimes..LOL

Diane: That's so neat that you picked up painting and get to do that. I have always loved Fine Arts and sometimes I regret not finishing that degree. I have thought of taking some painting classes for the heck of it and learn some techniques. Maybe in the future.

Beth: So sorry to hear about all your losses chickadee. That stuff is tough! We still reel off and on from losing Gage's Dad. We weren't together when it happened but it has been a hard loss and the 28th is only 4 months ago. The time has gone by slow and fast at the same time. I am ok some days, and not others. He was a mentally sick person and I realize now that he is gone how much abuse I actually suffered but I would go through it all again to have him back with us. Its been a hard adjustment and a new way of living that at times has been unnerving. I feel for you. Hugs!

Well not much else to say right now. Got to keep my spirits up and get some leads at work. They have been down and I am trying not to let it get to me since it is what it is..

Have a great day peeps!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, I am definitely going to start FMD Monday.. the phases work best for me to start P1 on a Monday. Can I afford the food? No.. but I will have to make it work somehow even if I have to modify some things for a week or two. I still have one serving of chili in the freezer, and I still have steel cut oats.. fish, tuna, broccoli, green beans, etc.. if I buy a little fruit and some lean hamburger I think I can get by. I've been doing the comfort food thing a lot lately. I don't know that I will totally give up caffeine though, because I did just fine and still lost, but I will for sure cut down.

Beth: Awww sorry about the loss of your friends.. and I love Corgi's

Charlene: I had never had quinoa before FMD either. I bought the red quinoa and instead of water, cooked it in chicken broth and it was yummy!

Nicole: I have the bad habit of comparing myself to other artists that have been doing it a long time. The realism in some people's work just amazes me! I don't quite have that down yet, but the show I'm working on is.. well.. let's just say realism and being anatomically correct is not an issue I am doing Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) inspired work.. mostly celebrities as skeletons, lol.. and sugar skulls as well. Before that I did a lot of animals and some abstracts which I want to get back into at some point. I miss my oil pastel animals! If you want to check out my work just search Diane Renee Art on facebook (if you have an account).
Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Slowly but surely I am getting ready to get back on plan. I am getting better at telling myself NO instead of the mindless snacking I have been doing. Cutting down on dairy and wheat over the weekend, then Monday I should be good to go! I also saw that I still have some spelt bread in the freezer.. yay! I am also going to work on drinking more water this weekend. TOM just arrived dang it, but I guess that's good because maybe it will seem like more of a loss next week lol!

Well, I have to jump in the shower and get to work.. then I have 2 more chapters to do for my Access class (OMG will I be glad to be done with that stank!) I plan to spend most of the weekend cleaning, re-organizing, and painting. I have three paintings that are SO CLOSE to being done, so I hope to post them on my fb this weekend.

Everyone have a great Friday.. I will check in again later.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

MORNING! TGIF!! Tomorrow morning I see my friend all day. I am down another pound, the sun is shining. This day couldn't be better right now. Going strong on this WOE. I organized a Biggest Loser Challenge at work and there is a $50 pot, winner take all. I am down 9.6 pounds since I started it. 21 in 2 months. Its happening again peeps! I am doing this...

Just remember: There are 7 days in a week and Someday is not one of them!

Hey everyone!