Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Blitz XVII April 1 through June 30th, 2014 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/826845-blitz-xvii-april-1-through-june-30th-2014-a.html)

Abigale 03-31-2014 03:22 PM

Blitz XVII April 1 through June 30th, 2014

Here is our new Blitz gang! Wishing everyone a very successful 3 months!:jumpjoy:

Gibby 03-31-2014 03:28 PM

Marking my spot. Thanks, Abi!

Abigale 03-31-2014 03:32 PM

Your welcome Marilee!:hugs:

It always takes me awhile to figure out how to start a new thread. lol

Iwantlessofme 03-31-2014 07:59 PM

What is the Blitz gang?

Mindy

ladyboss7 03-31-2014 08:19 PM

Yay for the new thread, Thanks Abi.....I'm here!!!

Mindy, the Blitz is a challenge thread started about 4 years ago, Tony and few of the others have been around since the beginning....some of us have been in and out. We take 3 months at a time and simply strive to reach whatever personal goal we set for ourselves. There are no rules, just check in and stay involved with the group as much as possible. We're here to encourage and support each other on this journey. We've gotten to know each other fairly well over the years, and we always welcome new folks to the group. You'll find that everyone here is very warm, friendly and non-judgmental. We bounce ideas off of each other, and we all follow different plans and have different goals. You're welcome to hang out with us if you'd like! :shake:

Abigale 04-01-2014 01:19 AM

Hi Mindy! Love your profile picture! Is that your little girl? She is darling. Like your signature too - the best way to live.

Tammy, thanks for putting into words what the Blitzes are all about.

Mindy, mostly we set our own indiviual goals and challenges. I am the type if I am on a group challenge I end up gaining weight. lol I do better with just my own challenge. Welcome to the group!

Tony, hoping so much that Tucker's tumor was not malignant! So generous of the vet for taking $1300 off your bill. Glad the spinning girl's music is not going to be too loud and hope they sign a contract soon.

Marilee, good to hear from you! love your little bunnies sitting in the eggs! Yes, weekends are the toughest. I am also dreading next Tuesday when the plant provides our free lunch to celebrate the birthdays for the month. Hope I am stronger by then.

The scaled played an April Fool's joke on me today and showed no loss. But hey, i am happy there was no gain.

More ground beef and chicken livers today! Have a great day all!

ladyboss7 04-01-2014 08:01 AM

Good morning all,

Tony, how's Tucker doing this morning??? I love Goldens, they are such sweet dogs!!

Abi, you can breeze through next Tuesday....you're strong!! Take your own food, and be prepared to eat whatever you can or want that the lunch is providing....even if it's just a bite, then go right back to what you've brought! You've got this!!!

Marilee, Vicki, how are you girls doing??

Lori, if you're out there we love you and miss you!!

FF, same goes for you, hope you're doing well!!

Well, the scale and I on hostile terms with one another right now. I'm beginning to think my scale has multiple personality disorder, and I DON'T like this personality!!! It's trying to tell me that I've gained 2 pounds, but I've been really good about eating. I confess I did have a couple ounces of Bourbon....LAST WEEK.....but that was days ago and I've been drinking tons of water to flush out my system. I am wondering though if flax muffins could cause an artificial gain? I've been making those lately and I REALLY like them....but I notice I am a little bloated....I wonder if they're causing me problems?? I think I shall eliminate them for a while and see what happens. I did account for them in my tracker, so I know my calories and carbs have been spot on.....so it's not a real 2 pound gain....it's just the scale being a real *$#!* Jerk!

Well now that I have that out of my system, how's everyone else doing??? :D

tony8 04-01-2014 10:34 AM

hi guys,
good to see us all among the still-trying heading into blitz Xvii...i spoke to ff yesterday and he asked me to start the blitz which i promptly delegated to abi!...haha!...abi, thanks so much for doing this - i definitely feel intellectually challenged every time i have set these up...don't know why, but it's a looooong learning curve for me...ff sends his love, by the way and will try to post next week...

tucker is feeling better, although he will be on pain meds for 4 days which will make him a little loopy...my second boy slept on the floor with him last night and is lying out on the deck with him right now...he is eating well and going for short walks and seems comfortable and happy...we are trying not to get our hopes up on the pathology, since it is such a long shot, but staying positive and enjoying him anyway...tucker would have made a great special-needs dog - he has the calmest temperament of any dog i've ever seen - he's big and strong and beautiful, but is soooo laid back...you can't rattle him...he likes other animals too - a chipmunk could sit on his nose and he wouldn't even react...

mediation work today, but early this morning i went to the gym and had a great workout and got a haircut...

tammy, just shoot the damn scale!...haha...keep drinking plenty of water and i'm sure you'll have a wooosh day soon...

abs, bring some pork rinds and cold potatoes to work and you won't even be tempted ;-)

hi mindy!!!...hope you join us...

marilee, so good you marked your spot!...i would have dragged you in kicking and screaming anyway...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!...

hey vicki, get in here...hope lori gets here soon...wouldn't it be nice to hear from kbeth and jenny - it's been so long since we've heard from them and artemis and so many other good friends...hope we see them soon...

ladyboss7 04-01-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony8 (Post 16858964)
hi guys,
good to see us all among the still-trying heading into blitz Xvii...i spoke to ff yesterday and he asked me to start the blitz which i promptly delegated to abi!...haha!...abi, thanks so much for doing this - i definitely feel intellectually challenged every time i have set these up...don't know why, but it's a looooong learning curve for me...ff sends his love, by the way and will try to post next week...

tucker is feeling better, although he will be on pain meds for 4 days which will make him a little loopy...my second boy slept on the floor with him last night and is lying out on the deck with him right now...he is eating well and going for short walks and seems comfortable and happy...we are trying not to get our hopes up on the pathology, since it is such a long shot, but staying positive and enjoying him anyway...tucker would have made a great special-needs dog - he has the calmest temperament of any dog i've ever seen - he's big and strong and beautiful, but is soooo laid back...you can't rattle him...he likes other animals too - a chipmunk could sit on his nose and he wouldn't even react...

mediation work today, but early this morning i went to the gym and had a great workout and got a haircut...

tammy, just shoot the damn scale!...haha...keep drinking plenty of water and i'm sure you'll have a wooosh day soon...

abs, bring some pork rinds and cold potatoes to work and you won't even be tempted ;-)

hi mindy!!!...hope you join us...

marilee, so good you marked your spot!...i would have dragged you in kicking and screaming anyway...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!...

hey vicki, get in here...hope lori gets here soon...wouldn't it be nice to hear from kbeth and jenny - it's been so long since we've heard from them and artemis and so many other good friends...hope we see them soon...

Hotel California baby!! :laugh:

Glad to hear that Tucker is doing well, praying for a real miracle here for him and for your family! :love:

Gibby 04-01-2014 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=tony8;16858964]...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!...

Welcome to the Hotel California :)

Hi Mindy!

flatferenghi 04-01-2014 01:58 PM

HODIE SUNT KALENDAE APRILIAE...ET

beginning of

flatferenghi 04-01-2014 02:07 PM

fat finger syndrome dogs me still!

welcome to Blitz xvii, and the 4th anniversary of the blitzes. Their purpose was to stay mindful of good eating behaviors, and to integrate them into our daily lives. Since that fateful day, when i plucked up the courage to consume ONLY the coffee, and esCHEW (pun intended)the pastries-at least 3, I have not consumed anything, be it good or bad choices, unconsciously. And by reporting in most consistently (regrettably less often, now that I am lacking my own PC) I have prevented myself from doubling my weight. I am now on day 7 of VLC, and as low sodium as is possible for me. I wish everyone to stay focussed, and stay in the loop. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Abigale 04-01-2014 04:02 PM

Hey FF! That old fat finger syndrome strikes again! lol So happy to hear from you! Starting Blitz XVII with our fearless leader is epic!

Good going on the VLC!

Pop in more often please!

vli1127 04-01-2014 05:25 PM

Hi all, sorry for being MIA.

Mindy, I hope you join our awesome group.

Abi, so glad things turned out for your daughter. I know about the prayers for grown kids.

Tony, I hope all goes well with Tucker. Those pets are like our babies, how could you not do the surgery.

Tami, I hate the scale. Dag nab it.

Marilee, Hotel California? I must've missed something.

FF, so good to see you popping in and shouting howdy.

Not much is new on my end. Not on plan right now. Someday . . .

Gibby 04-01-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vli1127 (Post 16859551)
Marilee, Hotel California? I must've missed something.

Tony's comment, "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" is a lyric from the song "Hotel California".

Abigale 04-02-2014 01:38 AM

I hear that song at least once a week at work as we play all kinds of music all day. We usually start with country, then some songs that are popular with the young people I work with, maybe a little rap type music, and then oldies. It makes for an interesting day.

I was so thrilled that FF joined us yesterday on the first day of the Blitz he started 4 years ago. I have found some wonderful friends here for sure and lots of support - thanks guys!

I am down 4 pounds in 8 days. I feel pretty confident that if I can stay on my current woe i will surely meet my mini goal of 5 pounds by Easter.

Vicki, love those tulips! DH and I actually sat out in our back yard yesterday after I got out of work. It was sunny and warm and it was the first day it felt like spring. Of course our back yard it still half covered in snow and our front yard is almost all covered. But the ice in driveway is gone from the weekend of rain and above freezing temps. I can walk down to get the newspaper now and not have to drive down over the ice!!

Tony, hope the news is good for Tucker.

Will check back in after work. Ground beef and chicken livers again today. Have a great day Blitzers!

vli1127 04-02-2014 03:51 PM

Prayers please. Fort Hood shootings. My son is stationed there.

Abigale 04-02-2014 04:03 PM

:aprayer: Vicki, prayers being said that your son is safe at Fort Hood.

tony8 04-02-2014 05:36 PM

vicki, prayers headed your way...please keep us posted.

ladyboss7 04-02-2014 07:59 PM

Vicki, definitely praying!!!!! Please keep us posted!

Abigale 04-03-2014 01:26 AM

So hoping today that we hear that Vicki's son is ok. I can't imagine the frantic worrying she has been going through. Hugs to you Vicki!:hugs:

Will check back after work.

tony8 04-03-2014 04:40 AM

yup, nothing else matters 'til we hear vicki's son is okay...

Gibby 04-03-2014 07:37 AM

He's fine! Vicki's mom and I spoke yesterday and he called to let everyone know that he was ok.

Thank you everyone for your prayers for Vicki's son and my great nephew!

ladyboss7 04-03-2014 08:58 AM

Good morning all!

Marilee, thank you for the update, so good to know that Vicki's son is ok!!! How are you?? Are things better at work now that the one gal is back from vacation?

Vicki, how are you? You must be incredibly relieved, what a scary thing to go through!

Tony, how's Tucker??

Abi, that is AWESOME that you're down 4 pounds!! Way to go!!! :up:

FF, so good to hear from you!!!! How's the VLC going for you? I can't believe that it's been 4 years since you started these blitzes, that's incredible!

Well kids, yesterday I had court all morning and this afternoon I have another case to go back for....so my days have been wildly hectic to say the least!! A lot of stress, not just from the court cases, but lately we seem to have a rash of really hostile, angry people to deal with.....I find myself praying for LOTS of grace!

Well I've gotta run to work, everyone have a great day!!

tony8 04-03-2014 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
that's awesome news, marilee!...thanks so much for sharing!

well, we got bad news on tucker from the vet today - the spleen tumor was malignant...he is doing really well - healing, happy, eating well, etc...my second son is with him almost 24/7...the kids were expecting this news, but we were all hoping, just maybe...it could happen any time...he will start to show symptoms of lethargy, etc. and they advise we then bring him in to be euthanized - that's gonna be hard, but much better than if we had done it on sunday with no notice...they estimate two weeks to 2-3 months...

to cheer things up i will post a photo of my little pal - her mom is holding her in our dining room last night and she just got out of a bouncy seat i hung on the door frame...she's making a silly fact - too cute...

off to the building to meet with the cycling girls...they are ready to sign a lease...

Gibby 04-03-2014 01:24 PM

Tony, so sorry about Tucker. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know it is a difficult time.

She is so cute! How can you stand it????

Congratulations on your new tenants. I like the sound of them better than the liquor, cigarette store.

Abi, congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could say the same.

Hi Tammy, Vicki, Lori, Mindy and ff!!!

tony8 04-03-2014 06:34 PM

thanks, marilee...tucker is our fourth golden retriever (in 28 years with some overlap as we got tucker when we still had an old golden girl), and although they have all been wonderful dogs, he has been the most mellow and in my opinion, most lovable of all of them...nothing bothers him...he's not much of a watchdog, i can tell you that, but everyone loves him...even the mail lady gets out of her truck to give him treats when she sees him out on his run...btw, he likes to lick amadora's face and she laughs when he does it...haha...gonna miss him.

good meeting with the cycle girls...we are planning to sign a lease at the beginning of the week...i like them better than the liquor store too. :-)

tammy, being in court can be a real drag, can't it?...very little happiness in that place!

abs, i think it's cool that they switch up the music genres during the day at the wax museum...exposes everyone to different stuff...i dig it!

Abigale 04-04-2014 01:27 AM

Tony, that little pal of yours is so cute. Don't they love those bouncy seats when they really get the hang of it. My friend on Cape Cod was told her dog had only a few months. It has a kidney problem. She started to make her own dog food out of rice and chicken and Kodi is still doing fine a year later. Hoping for a miracle for Tucker. Our daughter and son in law had a golden they got before any of the kids came along. All the kids were fortunate to have that wonderful dog around while they were little.

Marilee, my loss is sooo slow and I am up .2 today from too much salt yesterday but I hope to just keep plugging along. 2 ounces here and 4 ounces there. It seems I can never just have a 1 or 2 pound whoosh.

Vicki, we are so happy your son is alright. Lots of prayers were said for him!

Tammy sorry you are having to deal with hostile people and the stress that causes. Hope today is stress free and you have a wonderful weekend. What day is the wedding?

Tuna and mayo today!

Have a great day Blitzers!

tony8 04-04-2014 06:41 AM

abi, i agree - where there's life, there's hope...it's always hard when docs give you the realistic facts, but they can't predict the future, so you never know...

all that being said, death is a part of life and none of us live forever and i've tried to raise my kids with an appreciation for that...every night at dinner, i always asked them, "so how did you use the gift you were given today - the gift of another day of life" and they had to think about something that marked that day - it could have been something as simple as a funny thing at school or something delicious they ate or something pretty they saw or how much they enjoyed playing wiffle ball...as i've told the group before, my dad died suddenly of a heart attack at age 44 and i was the oldest of five kids at 21...my youngest sister was 14 and my mom was 42...he was in great shape and seemed perfectly healthy when he died...none of us were ever the same, nor did we ever look at our own lives the same way...my dad didn't die for nothing - and i was gonna squeeze as much as i could out of every day and leave nothing that i wanted to do, undone...

sorry to get into a whole philosophical thing there, but i was feeling it!...haha!

it's hard on sarah not being here - i can tell she's fighting tears when we talk on the phone...she picked tucker out of the litter...we had always had female dogs and went to pick out another girl, and this little boy puppy kept following us around...we were ignoring him and following the girls, but he wouldn't give up...he wasn't jumping on us, he would just go wherever we went and then sit next to us while we debated which female we wanted...sarah said, "maybe we should just take this little boy - cuz it looks like he's picking us!"...haha...so we did!...i won't ask, but i'm wondering if sarah will try to make it home to see him...

emmy's 23rd birthday is on sunday, so the rest of us will all be together, including miss bouncychair :-)

gotta get some mediation work done...hope everyone has a nice day

ladyboss7 04-04-2014 09:07 AM

Good morning all,

Tony....so sorry to hear the diagnosis on Tucker!! I LOVE your philosophy though, that is very inspiring an what an amazing gift you gave your children! Yes, court is a very bleak place....not much joy there at all.....it seems I have to go at least a few times a month and in the court room I'm assigned to it's nothing but evictions.....very sad how many people are losing their homes these days....the court room is more and more packed every month. :sad: I must say though, that the vast majority of the people there (at least the evictions from MY properties) are in that situation because of poor decisions or an inability to be responsible as opposed to just plain hard luck. I've also had to deal with both County AND City inspectors this week. Some of those mean, nasty people are trying to make good on their threats to "ruin me"....fortunately in both instances the inspectors sided with us and filed formal reports stating such....that was a nice victory!

Abi, the wedding is April 24....20 days away....how did it get here so quick?!?!?! I know how frustrating it is for you to lose so slowly.....but the slower the loss the more permanent it is.....you keep up with it and you WILL achieve your goal! The time is going to pass anyway.....you might as well pass that time working towards your goal, right???

Marilee, hang in there!! I know it's stressful, but you WILL rise above all of the stress at work.....spoil yourself like crazy by eating right....you deserve it!! :hugs:

Vicki, how's everything going??

Well kids, all is well here. Despite the stress of the week, I've had lots of victories along the way! Eating is good.....yesterday was carbier than usual....all legal....just more than usual. I'm still in ketosis.....I really need to focus though....I'd really love to lose 12 - 13 pounds in the next 20 days and be in Onderland for the wedding....I think I need to increase the walking!

Hope everyone is having a great day.....any good plans for the weekend?? :heart: