Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi gang. Popping in. I've been reading your posts but haven't had much to report. Things are status quo.

I'm taking some time off work next week so I'll post more.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, we know your job is pretty stressful. So glad you are taking some time off next week and we will hear from you more often.

Tammy, I am lucky enough to have 2 brothers and one lives in the next town. Red wine is always my drink of choice too!

Tony, I will probably have the caesar salad as usual. This is one of the few times I would rather chat than eat. lol My lucky brother after college started working for that brown company as a part time driver while between jobs. He worked his way up and ended up the main office in Atlanta and retired at 55! So his main work now is building Habitat for Humanity homes in that area. He and his wife will be up at the lake for at least a month this summer. I just got an e-mail from him this morning. He is at his father in laws house sort of near Upper Dummerston Road. He posted a pic.of a huge bear standing on its hind legs out in the back yard. Yikes! I'm sure we will hear the whole story tonight.

chicken legs and tuna with pork skins for break and lunch.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! I was FINALLY able to change my weight stat. It didn't go down much, but hey, down is down.

I meant to mention, Tony, that you have great looking sons! If I were only a lot of years younger

Abi, I love chicken legs! I stopped by the store this morning and picked up a roasted chicken and I plan on having legs for lunch, too.

Hi Tammy! I hope you have a great day. I know you have a stressful job, too. Do you get a 3-day weekend or do you have to work on Memorial Day?

Hi Vicki! I hope you are enjoying your Summer vacation so far.

ff - we miss you. Hope you are donig well.

Lori, I hope you are reading our posts. Join us when we can. We miss you.

TTFN

Marilee
Old 05-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
wow!...abs, that is so cool about the bear!...i'll have to tell my buddy to keep an eye on his bird feeders!...haha!...have a great time tonight.

marilee, thank goodness you don't post when you have nothing important to report...i do the same thing, that's why you only hear from me when i eat 1/2 a banana for breakfast or when i skip the gym!...hhahahahaha!

since i was supposed to be in nashville this week, my days after tuesday have been fairly easy...i just HAD to drop in though and report - and you might want to sit down for this - i might try to hook up the pool filter equipment today!!!! :-)

love ya, marilee!

tammy, you're exercising more than me and i am hitting the gym 3-4 times a week!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning!!

Marilee, so good to see you, we have missed you!! Yes I DO get Monday off....what a lovely 3 day weekend it will be!!

Abi, I can bear-ly wait to hear the bear story! Ok, that was a groaner I know, but I couldn't resist. How awesome it is that your brother builds houses for habitat for humanity....what a fabulous cause to be a part of!! Have a wonderful time at dinner and enjoy your salad!

Tony, we are really enjoying our evening hikes....it's become our favorite part of the day because we get to spend time together and enjoy such spectacular views!! I downloaded an app on my phone last night that I can't wait to use for tonights walk, it's called Map my Walk. It's a free app and it will record your walk, the distance, the time, the elevation changes, etc and record them for you to keep track of. It will map out your location and even give you recommendations for paths and trails.

Well kids, it's almost the weekend, does anyone have any big holiday plans???

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, that sounds like a cool app...

my youngest son, in addition to working for me, just got a job at the butcher shop we use and he is working all weekend, so we will stick around...we may have company - tammy, i'm not sure if you have been around when i've talked about charisse, who is a girl from brooklyn who is like a daughter to us...she came to stay with us in 1994 as a 7 year old with the fresh air fund and is now a 27 year old college grad and forensic accountant...she may be coming to spend the weekend - she visits a few times a year, at least, and we miss her...

Last edited by tony8; 05-22-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm just going to hang out. It's going to be around 104 to105 next week, but the mornings will still be in the high 60's low 70's so I can open the doors in the morning.

I have a couple of closets I want to clean out this week while I'm off. I plan on having 3 piles and a shredder - Good Will, Keep, Toss. The goal is to have less in the Keep file than in the other two. I just hate all of the paperwork I get in the mail. I'm never sure what to keep and what I can throw away.

I also have a dentist appointment on Tuesday and a hair appointment on Thursday. I'm have the A/C seasonal checkup on Friday. There, now you know all of my personal business - exciting, isn't it?

I love the show "Grimm" and I ordered the first 2 seasons from Amazon and they just came so I want to watch those. And, of course, read a book. I need to make a dent in my bookcase. It's loaded, as Vicki can attest to.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha, marilee, thanks for the update!...your daily life is as exciting as any of the rest of us...

took the pool cover off and was happy to see the water looks clear after a long winter...now i gotta get all the hoses and equipment hooked up properly (see marilee?)

your week off sounds like a week off i would love to have!...
Old 05-23-2014, 02:01 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, hope you can "bear" the bear story. lol My brother bought his father in law one of those outdoor action sensor cameras before he flew with him to visit his brother in Seattle last week. He had Bob put out his feeders while they were gone. They were amazed how well the camera worked. I bought DH one for Christmas but he hadn't put it up yet. I think he is motivated now. We have woods behind us and may end up getting pictures of deer coming to eat up our garden like they have in the past. lol

There were 7 of us last night for dinner and alot of laughs. Alan told us all about the trip he and his wife took to Israel last month. Tony, I had my usual cesaer salad. I am so predictable aren't I. lol

Egg salad and pork skins today. Love that egg salad for a change.

Marilee, your time off sounds like mine usually is. Hoe out stuff and do errands. It is a nice change from the stresses of working isn't it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bear.JPG (94.9 KB, 6 views)
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cool photo, abs...thanks for sharing...off to make some egg salad myself!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woohoo! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! VACATION! VACATION! VACATION!

Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

Abi, cool picture of the bear. I love nature in all of it's forms.

Not much to report since yesterday. My cleaning people called and they are coming out tomorrow to clean the carpets. With 4 cats and their tendency to barf up fur balls, or just barf for that matter, I am a happy camper.

Well, I'd better get to it. I'd like to cut out an hour eary if I can.

TTFN
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Tony, that is so sweet about Charisse, I always say that family is who you love, not necessarily who you're related too!

Abi, that Bear picture is really cool.....I would totally have a camera up for just that sort of thing if I lived around wildlife!!

Marilee, I so desperately need to clean my closets as well....probably won't though! Glad you finally have some time off coming up you need it, you've been super stressed and busy!

Well, we have no big plans for the weekend, just a lot of R & R and probably hang with the kids some. Lot's of hiking, maybe catch a movie or take a drive.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, it is sooooooooo nice when you are posting!...

tammy, sounds like an awesome weekend!

i weighed in at 231.8 today - down 2.4 pounds in the last two weeks...i think it's about 5 lbs for the last month...i will take 5 lbs. a month anyday...a pound per week is the perfect pace for me...today will be an off-day, but i don't go crazy and so far:

b: couple spoonfuls of lf cottage cheese
l: salad w/ evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese
s: a few cherries
Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Tony, 5 pounds in the last month! That is terrific and you get to eat regular 2 days a week. I remember Charisse coming to visit you all before. Have fun catching up on everything. Hope she gets to meet Amadora!

Marilee, hope you got to leave early yesterday. Getting your carpets cleaned is so nice. Tell those kitties to stop that barfing. Mine do the same thing. ugh I have another nature shot below that I took the other day of our mother bird feeding her 3 little ones. I took it from the kitchen window. Scary thing yesterday, DH says a hawk swooped down at it but he saw it and yelled and waved his arms and the hawk flew away. Sure hope it does not come back.

Tammy have as wonderful 3 day weekend and enjoy those hikes!

Well, it won't let me post my picture of the mother robin. I'll try later. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

I finally was able to upload the photo of the mother robin feeding 3 hungry babies. All fine after the close call with the hawk yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (22.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, that's an awesome photo!

Just a quick check in as Charisse and 3 of my kids are here and one grand baby...having a great day after a bit do a trying morning at the building...

Look who I've got:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (34.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tony8; 05-24-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Tony five pounds this last month is AWESOME...... Way to go!! How wonderful that Charisse gets to meet Amadora, I agree with Abi....there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!!

Abi, So glad DH chased off that hawk! We used to get bird families nesting in our evergreens in Colorado regularly, we always loved watching them. Are you off on Monday too?

Marilee, I love freshly shampooed carpets, it makes everything so fresh and clean! Enjoy your vacation!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, we're having a nice, quiet one here.....Loaded up the grocery cart with sausages, brats, steaks, chicken.....lot's of grilling in our future!

Have fun everyone!
Old 05-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, happy grilling! Yes, I am off tomorrow. So happy about that.

I ordered some heirloom tomato plants that I put in pots yesterday. If I actually get tomatoes from the plants I can save the seeds for next year to plant. I don't have a green thumb at all so this will be an interesting experiment.

DH bought flowers for the cemetery so will go by there after breakfast to see them and take pictures for the family.

Have you all heard the story about the teacher in Arkansas who took all the desks out of her classroom back in 2005 and challenged the kids all day with how could they earn their desks. No one answered her correctly. Answer will come later.

Bacon and eggs at the Backside but other than that don't know what we will be cooking up today.

Marilee, how are you enjoying those nice clean rugs? Give those kitties "what for" if they dare to barf on them again. lol

Old 05-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Here is the rest of the story about how the kids found out how the desks were earned. They came up with some good ideas like studying hard, behaving in school etc. but at the end of the day the teacher opened the classroom door and in walked veterans carrying their desks.

She told the kids, "You don't have to earn those desks. These guys did it for you. They put them out there for you, but it's up to you to sit here responsibly, to learn, to be good students and good citizens, because they paid a price for you to have that desk, and don't ever forget it."
Old 05-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, my house is full of young folks and a baby :-) emmy and sal stayed last night, as did my two older boys and of course, vincent, so it's been a happy, noisy zoo...my friend from iran stayed for dinner too, and we all had a great time...today has been more of the same...just ordered some chinese food to be delivered - i feel like ff!!!...he's doing fine by the way...i have been talking to him once or twice a week...

abs, happy you have tomorrow off - any plans?...talked to my buddy from brattleboro yesterday and told him about the bear...he's got his camera ready :-)

the guys i hired to mow my lawn - did i tell you i hired guys to mow my lawn?...anyway, they didn't show up all weekend and i couldn't stand looking at the high grass, so i got my mower going and cut the front lawn myself today...also got the pool filter running, but the pool heater seems to have a bad switch...i will have to order the part and deal with it when i get back from nashville...i am flying there thursday and back on saturday

sarah is writing from europe almost daily and she is having a blast...the girl she went with's parents are wealthy and made all the arrangements - sarah said it is hilarious - they have a personal chauffeur who is driving them everywhere, bringing them roses, holding their shopping bags, etc... is a high high high end trip...next is a cruise from the french riviera to islands off france and italy and then to italy...

eating on plan and my deviations on off days have been minor...will be in nashville next friday sio it will be another two week weigh in, and i am hoping to get into the 220s by then...

tammy, how is your weekend?...i bet your kids are around...

marilee, what's going on in sunny az?...those shampooed carpets sound good - we could use that here...

one last thing: we have a nest of cardinals with babies in the vines growing up the side of the house - so so cute...i was hoping i could entice them to nest with the several hundred pounds of black oil sunflower seeds i've filled the feeders with all winter and springand it worked!...haha
Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we have been enticing the birds with sunflower seeds too. lol Funny you ended up having to mow your front lawn. Those guys gyped themselves out of half their pay. I must have missed the fact that Sara was traveling through Europe. What a fantastic experience for her. DH's cousin and husband are in Spain and Tuscany, Italy and are sending daily photos of facebook. We feel like we are traveling with them!

We cooked out ribeyes last night and they were so good. Steak twice in two weeks, boy we are spoiling ourselves.

Will check back later to see how Tammy, Marilee and Vicki are doing today.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone, Happy Memorial day!!

Tony, what a fun day at your house with everyone around, and yes you're right....my kids are all coming over this afternoon, so we will be similarly busy and noisy! What a fabulous trip Sarah is having....NOTE TO SELF: Always travel with wealthy friends! Please give FF our love when you speak with him, tell him we miss him!!

Abi, That is such a fabulous story, thank you for sharing!! I think it's sad that our veterans don't get nearly enough credit and recognition. Mmmmm....ribeyes!! I have a few of those in the fridge right now.....going to have to grill them up!

Well we've had a nice, relaxing weekend.....walked 2.79 miles at Redondo Beach yesterday.....it was just gorgeous out! We'll hit our hiking trails later this afternoon, hopefully get in another couple of miles.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, glad you liked the veteran story! Sounds like you had a terrific memorial day weekend.

I am still doing some spring cleaning getting ready for DD and grandkids coming 4th of July week. I got quite a bit done but still have a ways to go.

Cooking up some ground beef for lunch today. May put a dollop of sour cream on top.

Will check back after work. Have a great tuesday all!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Abi, I love your new avi....it's too cute!! It's always nice to have family in to visit, especially when it's your kids and GK's.....I know how you've missed them!

How was everyone's holiday weekend?

Ours was great, very relaxed and lazy....though we did get nearly 6 miles of hiking in!! Food was on track, so the scale is being kind....I'm bumping up against Onederland.....hopefully I'll be there in the next couple of weeks!!

It's been super busy at work today getting caught up from the long weekend, I've got to get back it, just wanted to pop in and say hi!!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Tammy, glad you like my "new avitar". It actually is my old one that I used for a couple of years but switched to the "where is everybody" one. When I switched to the Memorial Day one I couldn't find my regular one. lol
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
i posted last night but don't see it...that is the 2nd time this has happened in the last week or so...hmmmm...

abs, i can't believe you are already preparing for your daughter's visit!...hahaha...you are so funny...but that will be so nice to have your family all together...any cool plans yet?...will they be visiting your brother's camp while they are here?...i remember they did that last time, didn't they?...

tammy, i'm so excited about you hitting 1derland!...can't wait!...i hope to get there this year...you're doing so well with your exercise...6 miles is a LOT of walking!

marilee, how is the vacation going so far?...must be nice!!!

i sooooooo enjoyed the baby this weekend - i swear i must have held her for 10 hours yesterday...we had so much fun!

heading to nashville in the morning so i will be scarce for a few days...coming back on saturday...

have a great night blitzers!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, have a safe and creative trip to Nashville. I think the kids will go to brother's camp July 6th and 7th and maybe we will do a family get together on the 7th. Hope there will be no broken noses this year. lol

Running short on time. One of my indoor cats got out this morning and I had to spend some time shaking the treat bottle to get her to come out of hiding.

Ground beef for me today with some low carb catsup on it. Plus pork skins for snack.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, your granddaughters broken nose!... Let's hope not!...

On the bus to Logan and feeling thinner than I did while traveling last month, thankfully!

Y'all have a great day!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Abi, Cats are so funny....I've often wondered what in the world runs through their heads!! Glad you got her back in the house, she'd probably be traumatized if she got stuck outside for too long!

Tony, have a great trip to Nashville, I hope it's very productive for you!!

Marilee, I hope your vacation is going well!!

Vicki, how are you doing??

Everything is good here. Yesterday was SUPER busy and I barely got time to eat....seriously I barely got in 500 calories yesterday, completely unintentional.....but I feel good and we still got in our evening hike. All of this walking has made a SERIOUS impact on my weight loss....every day the scale is showing a loss! I will gladly take it as it seemed for a while that I was "stuck" and I will definitely keep up the hiking!!

Well, off to work....everyone have a great day!!!