Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
holy cow, tammy!!!...35 pounds!...that's amazing...you really have been an inspiration this winter and spring and you helped me find my mojo! :-) thanks!

marilee, you are doing great, too!...you have lost a bunch of weight and keep trying new things to keep it going...you're my other hero!

and then there's abi - my third hero!...between no rewards and never slipping too much or for too long, you keep me focused on trying to do better!...you are a model of consistency and strong will...

good day again today...had 1/2 banana for breakfast and grilled steaks tonight...another on-plan day...busy with mediations and work at the building and that kept me away from food at lunch...

i will hit the gym in the morning!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 02:00 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, so glad you are having less pain and can bend easier! Can't wait until those bushes bloom again and you can take some pictures of the patio to show us!

Tammy, you are doing just wonderful and adding those hikes at night are just sealing those losses in!

Thanks for the family compliment! I sure do miss them but it makes me happy to see them all smiling and laughing in a photo.

Tony, my next plan is to come up with a calorie limit to see if I can get some better results. I'll elaborate more tomorrow.

Have a great day blitzers!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
All 3 of you inspire me.

Tammy, down 35 pounds! That's awesome.

Abi and Tony are my faithful rocks.....you are examples to follow on this journey.

The scale moved again - woo hoo! I'm behind on my 2-pounds-per-week-goal, but should be caught up and then some by the end of the month.

For my "lean and green" meal tonight, I'm around sirloin steak and a nice salad with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with lemon juice and EVOO. Yummy!!!!!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Tony, and entire 1/2 banana for breakfast??? Why so much???? I think you're doing great, and isn't it nice when work keeps you too busy to bother with eating?

Abi, My DD was telling me last night that I really shouldn't call these "hikes" as we're on paved trails. Whatever.....I'm busting my butt, working up a sweat, and dodging lizards and snakes....that counts as a freaking hike in my book!!!

Marilee, you're doing great!! It's so encouraging when the scale starts co-operating isn't it?!?! Your dinner sounds super yummy!

Well kids, all is well here, just popped in to say hi! I have to drive an hour plus tomorrow to a managers meeting on the other side of LA again, then Thursday I have to drive an hour down to our corporate office in Newport Beach for another meeting....busy week for sure!!

See you all later!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, that's very sweet of you to say...i love you!...not giving up is my best quality...i can be stubborn, especially when i face a problem - in the past year or so, the only thing rock-like about me is that i've been heavy!...hahaha!...i'd like to see you and i hit new blitz lows this year - think we can do it?...i was at 202 at my lowest - maybe during blitz IV or V, so i've got a long way to go!...btw, i've been waiting two years to see that patio, miss blossom...

tammy, say hi to my aunt in newport beach tomorrow!...haha...those sound like hikes to me! snakes = hikes in my book!

abi, that is a bunch of beautiful people in that photo - seriously, that's some good genes!...look forward to hearing more about your thoughts for a new plan...you are really innovative and i get lots of good ideas from you...

hey vicki, where are you?...you gotta join us on this loss-wagon, girl...

busy day as usual...in nashville next week, so trying to wrap up some things here...the cycling girls start their build-out of the space tomorrow...

today:
b: 1/2 of those little cups of greek yogurt with blueberries and steel cut oats
l: 2 chicken wings
d: beef teriyaki and chicken on skewers on the grill with stir-fry veggies

no words, just today's photo (i was not present :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20 weeks old eating cereal.jpg (46.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by tony8; 05-13-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we just love these pictures of Amadora. She is growing sooo fast!

Tammy, I would also call anything that makes me break a sweat a hike! Hope you don't encounter too many snakes!

Marilee, steak and salad = the perfect meal. I know you will be caught up to your goal of 2 pounds a week very quickly!

Well my plan is to keep my calories to around 1200 a day. Since I am short and only moderately active, this is the count they say I should shoot for. I plugged my choices for the day into one of those calorie/carb counters and will do this for awhile.

Lunch for the day is two chicken drumsticks, black coffee, and pork skins. I am watching the counts for sure on the pork skins instead of mindlessly eating half a bag of them. Probably will finish off some little sausage links for dinner.

Have a great day gang. Wish me luck on sticking with this calorie counting.

Last edited by Abigale; 05-14-2014 at 01:43 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

good luck on the calorie counting...as you know, i have been a big proponent of the calories in - calories out model...i think carbs should be reduced for lots of reasons, but i've always believed that reducing calories while eating a moderate amount of fruit, lots of LC veggies and moderate amounts of lean meat and good fats is the healthiest human diet and leads to the healthiest long-term weight-loss...just my opinion :-)

spoke to ff a couple of days ago - he was at barnes and noble, hanging in the cafe...he says hi and is doing well...
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

wow, where was everybody today?

long day...we had amadora from 4 p.m. on which we loved, but it was because my sil's grandfather had a heart attack on a golf course this morning, and is on life support...em and sal and the baby are staying here tonight...
Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Late check in, looooong day in business meetings, bad food options, worse choices....sigh.....I see a fat fast coming!! I'll write more tomorrow, just wanted to say hi!!

Tony, so sorry that Sil's G'pa is on life support, will say a prayer!! so glad that you get some Amadora time in though.....what a cute pic!

Abi, 1200 calories is totally doable, that's my daily goal and honestly most days I have to work hard to get in all my calories....I went way over today, but that was the exception, not the rule!!

Headed to bed, more later!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, so sorry to hear about your son in law's grandfather. He is in my prayers.

I had to go to a wake last night. She was the mother of a girl I went to school with and just the sweetest person in the world. I used to think 91 was old but when people maintain their humor and zest for life they always seem young.

Tammy, I wish we didn't have those long and tempting days but they happen to all of us. I know that with a fat fast you will be right back on the wagon. Glad to hear you have had so much success sticking to the 1200 calorie limit.

The last of the grilled chicken and sausage links today. I may stop by the store on the way home and pick up some tuna to fill out the day or just make up some egg salad.

Our garden is sprouting everything we planted except some water melon that DH just put in yesterday. Love to see those little green leafs popping up. I have ordered a 4 plant selection of heirloom tomato plants. I am reading up on how to save the seeds from these after they produce tomatoes so you can plant them year after year.

Have a great day blitzers. Tony, so glad that FF is keeping in touch with you! We sure do miss his wit!

Last edited by Abigale; 05-15-2014 at 01:44 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Brrrr, it is freezing here. When we awoke it was 37 and it is midMay. The sun went under the clouds now and I don't think it is above 45. I am making vegetable soup! I threw in some beef soup bones too, but it is primarily veggie soup.

I am hopefully going to begin the Smoothie Shakedown, so far so good, Ha Ha. But, it is only 10:50. Two protein shakes, one for breakfast and one for lunch and a dinner of protein and veggies. You can read more about it if you search Fat Flush Smoothie Shakedown. It is done for two weeks and then switch to Fat Flush program.

I didn't weigh, I figure I can tell by how I feel and how clothes fit. Besides prepping veggies for soup I also have them all cleaned for snacking and meals. I boiled up some eggs too.

My shake this morning was Plantfusion protein powder, cranwater and ice, and raspberries. I am not sure what fruit I will use for my Lunch smoothie, I have a variety of frozen fruits.

I exercised for half an hour this morning and am enjoying "summer" break thus far.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

vicki, that's cold!...i can't believe they got over a foot of snow in colorado a few days ago!...we are having some nice, mild weather here, thank goodness, but we usually, eventually get what you got!...good luck with your plan...i'm predicting a great summer for you!

tammy, let us know how the fast goes...how is your daughter enjoying married life?...did they go on a honeymoon?

abs, sorry to hear about your friend's mom...90 years old isn't what it used to be, is it?...people seem to be a lot healthier for a lot longer than they used to be...i have wanted to plant a garden for years, but don't have an area that gets enough sun - at least not one large enough...

sal's grandfather is hanging in there...he woke up today and squeezed his wife's hand and then they sedated him...the longer he holds on, the better his chances...

another busy day today after amadora left late this morning...still haven't used an off-plan day yet this week so i have three!...mediation in the morning...hope y'all have a great night!

Last edited by tony8; 05-15-2014 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Abi, I'm with Tony, 90 sure isn't what it used to be. My hubby jokes all the time that the older he gets the further away old age is! How are you doing at 1200 calories? For me I find that if I keep my fat % at or over 70% of my calories I do quite well and stay satiated and energized. I hope it works well for you!!

Tony, So glad that Sal's G'pa is hanging in there. Knowing he's surrounded by family must keep him comforted and strengthened!! DD is loving married life, she and her hubby seem very content and peaceful now that they're through the wedding stuff....they're very cute together....still getting used to referring to each other as "Husband" and "Wife" VS Boyfriend or Girlfriend! They did take a honeymoon, they rented a cottage at Yosemite for 5 days and had a grand time.....they came back with some incredible pictures of the water falls and scenery.

Vicki, 37 degree's in Mid- May?? That sure isn't how I remember the Midwest!! I like the ring of "Fat Flush Smoothie Shakedown" Going to have to google that for sure!

All is good here, back on plan today....fat fast is going great.....getting ready to head out for our evening hike. It was 102 degrees here today, I sure it's cooled down some before we go, because that's ridiculous.....I left AZ to get AWAY from triple digit heats!!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, your smoothies sound so delicious. Glad you are enjoying your vacation time. You teachers really deserve it! Yes, the clothes are the real test aren't they!

Tammy, so far so good on the 1200 calories and I do try to keep the fat high. Hope the weather finally cooled down enough for you to get your nightly hike in.

Tony, I have my own personal garden the rest is DH's. Mine is a cherry tomato plant in a big pot. That way I can move it around in the sun. You could do one or two plants on your deck. Such fun to watch things grow and the little tomatoes are fun to just walk by and pick one off and pop it your mouth. You can't get any fresher than that!

The site wouldn't let me get on for about 10 minutes so now I am out of time.

Sausage bites, pork skins and black coffee for me for lunch and snack. Don't know about dinner yet.

Have a great day gang.!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

hi guys, good to see everybody!...

tammy, i'm sorry i forgot about yosemite - you did share that earlier...the waterfalls there are breathtaking!...how cool did it get for your walk?

abs, that's a good idea, putting a tomato plant on the deck...i'm gonna try to do that...how's the new plan going?

it's been a crazy day - mediations this morning, building this afternoon, then the gym...my three boys were all here tonight for awhile...i am using one of my off-days as i had two small slices of pizza i made on the grill with a multi-grain crust, topped with roasted onions, peppers and sausage...that's all the cheating i did...

i am feeling better and my clothes are fitting better for sure...i have been through this before and i have no idea why the same things that are motivating me now, are not enough to motivate me at other times...it really is a mystery...when it's easy, it's easy and when it's hard, it's almost impossible...i know you guys know what i mean...

sal graduates tomorrow from unh, and his grandfather is doing a little better...he pulled his daughter toward him today...he's still on various life support in icu, but he is hanging in there...he's only 72, and he's a strong guy, so i wouldn't bet against him...
Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys,

What a crazy busy day it was today!

Abi, I love fresh tomato's....especially in a nice caprese salad!!

Tony, I know just what you mean about motivation....when it's there, it's there....when it's not it's really not!!! I am finding this time around that I keep putting mini goals and events in front of me.....about 3 months out.....it is really helping to keep me focused!

The weather was a bit cooler today, but we've had a ton of failing AC's thanks to the unusual heat, so that's made the past few days a bit of a challenge. Thankfully the temps are supposed to drop back into the 70's for the next week or two. We did do our walks both last night and tonight, and will definitely go out both Saturday and Sunday....can't beat the exercise or the views!!

Anyone have any big plans this weekend?
Old 05-17-2014, 01:32 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I would say the new plan is going pretty well. Not perfect but am seeing afew ounces down each day. I am thinking I should have moved my tomato plant in out of the rain. It's still too dark to see it on the picnic table but boy what a torrential downpour we had earlier! I bet you had it too. They were saying we could get 2 inches of rain before it clears off this morning!

Glad Sal's grandfather is making some improvements.

Tammy, glad the temps are cooling down some out there. What a headache to have to deal with failing air conditioners!

Need to shop this morning as the cupboard is bare. lol I am thinking egg and tuna salads over the weekend with pork skins to dip in them.

Will check back later! Have a great Saturday all!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

hey abs, hope you filled those cupboards with some good stuff...i am really being diligent at the market these days and that is helping so much...i've accepted the fact that if it's in the house, i'm eventually gonna grab a bite of it here and there...egg salad and tuna salad sound great - i love both of them...

tammy, happy the hot temps are subsiding there...those walks are soooo good for your overall health...i think it's great that you are setting mini-goals - i was doing that for awhile and it really worked for me too...

nice graduation today...it's the fifth unh graduation i've attended in the last 7 years!...4 of my kids and now my sil...i took ds, emmy, sal, dw and sal's mom out for lunch after the ceremony...i held the baby for at least 3 hours today and loved every second...sal's family is having a graduation party for him tomorrow, so that will be nice...i'm off to nashville on monday...

another moderate off-day:
b: few cantaloup cubes
l: baked haddock
d: leftover grilled steak and chicken
Old 05-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday turned out to be a glorious day after all the rain. No humidity, a cool breeze, and brilliant blue sky! I got some pictures of Goldfinches and a hummingbird at our feeders.

DH bought steaks which we cooked out. Marilee, I thought of you and how much you like steak. So delicious!

I did end up having some tuna salad with pork skins but didn't make up any egg salad yet.

Tony, it was a lovely day for your 5th graduation wasn't it. Usually graduations are always so hot. Have a safe and successful trip to Nashville and enjoy a nice visit with Sara!

Breakfast at the Backside today. I might have two scrambled eggs and a side of bacon. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (93.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (101.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (67.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 05-18-2014 at 03:10 AM..
Old 05-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

Hope we all have a stress free Monday!

Tuna salad with pork skins for breakfast/break at 9 and left over grilled chicken legs for lunch.

Will check back in after work!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:53 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

what happened to my post from yesterday????????

hi abs, my week in nashville has been postponed...i didn't set up any writing appointments and my publisher is on vacation and i have so much work here, that i switched it to a few days next week...my main goal was to take care of some housekeeping issues, like selling my car there since i will have nowhere to park it...long story...

good day yesterday as sal's family had a party for him...they are really nice people and his grandfather is improving each day although he is still in icu and being sedated...

amadora is a doll...i've been calling her dorabelle cuz she is adorable and it seems to fit her...it may be my pet name for her - we will see...

abs, did you go crazy and order the bacon and eggs?...really?...

what a beautiful weekend weather-wise here - perfect perfect perfect...in essence, it was the weather tammy gets 350 days a year in southern cal!...hahaha!

off to the gym and then to tackle some work!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids, happy Monday!!!

Abi, Love egg salad and tuna salad.....haven't made either of those in ages!! What sweet pictures of the birds.....I am such an animal lover....I love to feed the birds, squirrels, you name it....DH always says he married Doctor Doolittle!

Tony, Dorabelle is a cute nickname! We always gave our kids nicknames too, to this day my daughter STILL responds to "Squirrel" as readily as she does "Danielle"

Vicki, Marilee, how are you ladies doing???

We had a great weekend, lots of hiking, and the usual groceries, laundry, etc. All of the hiking is really making a difference I'm down another pound this week to 207!!!! Still going strong with my WOE, we're in a good groove right now! Next stop Onderland!!!

Well, off to work....have a great Monday everyone!!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

My grandchildren are called Tweetie Bird, Sweetie Pie, Haydee Boo and Daba. Our daughter Jennifer was always called Fer Fer Der Fer. lol

My Mom always said, " A child that's loved has many names"
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

hahaha...abi, that is so cute that your mom said that...i miss her!...

tammy, i am soooooo proud of you!...you're only 7 pounds from onederland!!!...

i'm staying strong and on plan...lots of work today and tomorrow...hope i can slack a little on wednesday...haha!

i came across a photo of my three sons i thought i'd share...this was taken in august 2011 on the Bear Tooth Pass on the northern entryway to yellowstone

oldest (Christopher), youngest (Vincent) and second oldest (Anthony)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Three boys on Bear Tooth Pass.jpg (40.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by tony8; 05-19-2014 at 07:38 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I sure do miss Mom too. She had alot of witty sayings. When the young people at work come in with hangovers I tell them Mom used to say, "Those who dance must pay the fiddler"

Great picture of the boys!

Tammy, what an inspiration you are! You are like our cheerleader!

Tuna salad with pork rinds and leftover chicken legs again today.

Will check back in after work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Abi, you're such a sweetie, I think you're the real cheerleader of the group!! I love those nicknames, how sweet!!

Tony, what handsome boys you have!! They clearly take after their father!

Well, we survived Monday, it was blessedly peaceful, so we're marching on to Tuesday!! All is well, still walking/hiking every night and very much on track with my WOE, hoping to see at least another pound loss this week!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

hi guys, another crazy day - i don't know where to start so maybe i won't!...haha...thanks for the comments on the boys - i talk about them all the time so i like you to see who i'm talking about once in awhile!

abi, i wish i had actually met your mom, but it made me feel good to know that she knew i existed...she was so sweet and wise and FUNNY!

tammy, you've really helped me since you've been back...i'm so happy you've stuck around! :-)

i don't know why i am not having more trouble eating on plan?...why can't it always be like this?...having the off days helps, but i do not go crazy at all on those days either...i don't understand it, but i'm not gonna complain about it!

made baked haddock tonight topped with lobster - it was sooooo good!...along with roasted veggies in olive oil...

i'm hoping tomorrow is a quiet, peaceful day...i need one!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, it sounds like you must have had an extremely busy day! Hope today is more peaceful for you too! It is so great that your eating plan is working so well for you.

Tammy, I bet you will lose at least another pound this week!

My brother from Georgia is up today to get his cottage on Lake Winnesquam ready for the summer. He is meeting us tomorrow night at the Marina for dinner. I think I could only scare up 3 of us to meet up with him. Everyone is so busy this time of year. Can't wait to see him.

Having leftover steak, tuna and pork skins, and leftover chicken legs today.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:14 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

mmmm, abi...your menu today is making me hungry!...are u gonna try something new at the marina or is it salad again?...i forget, does your brother stay in nh all summer, or does he have to work in ga?

my day has started out very nicely...woke up late at 7 and spent an hour in the hot tub...i am so relaxed right now... :-)

making pot roast in the crock pot today
Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!

Tony, I'm glad I stuck around too....you guys have helped me SO MUCH!!! I talk about you guys all the time to my DH, he's so happy that I finally found what works for me in this weight loss journey and such great people to share and walk with! Your pot roast sounds great, I put spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for dinner tonight.

Abi, Steak sounds yummy!! How nice that you get to have dinner with your brother tomorrow....I always wanted a brother, I have two younger sisters. I was about 8 years old when I finally realized that I could never have an older brother, even though I repeatedly offered to trade in both of my younger sisters in exchange. My mom would just laugh and say sorry, it just doesn't work that way!

We had another long hike last night....just about an hour and at the pace we were going we estimate it was nearly 3 miles......I'm going to have to get a pedometer or a fitbit and start tracking this to be sure. Splurged on some red wine last night.....it was SOOOOOO good, especially with the Dove dark chocolates!! I had 2.5 glasses.....I figured it might throw me out of ketosis, but it's been so long since I've enjoyed a glass of wine I figured what the heck! It did NOT throw me out of ketosis. Close....but I'm still hanging on by a thread. Today I'll be super keep and elevate my fat ratio to make sure I get back into deeper ketosis.

Well, off to work....have a great day everyone!