Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
The ugly bushes were finally removed on Sunday, yea! Have a great day. Only 3 more days
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2014, 09:04 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning all,

Tony, so good to hear from you.....I'm glad you're doing well!

Abi, you'll be back in ketosis for sure....you're doing great with your WOE...very focused!!

Vicki, glad those ugly bushes are finally gone!!

We had another AWESOME hike yesterday. The trails we hike are around the Trump National Golf course, and yesterday they had a celebrity golf tournament, Bruce Jenner and his camera crew nearly ran us over coming around a blind corner......that man has had TOO MUCH plastic surgery! He used to be so handsome.....

Then DD and SIL decided to come over last night to hang out and spend the night (They're off on Tuesdays so they always spend that day with us) and DS wanted us to me a girl he's been dating because he REALLY likes this one.....so we had a full house until 1 AM......I am TIRED today! Didn't eat any dinner because I just was not hungry.....but because it was Cinco de Mayo everyone was drinking Corona's, and I'm not a beer drinking so I had some bourbon and diet soda....on an empty stomach.....hmmmm....note to self, that REALLY goes to your head quickly! We had a ton of fun though and really like DS's new girlfriend.....hopefully we didn't scare her off.

Well kids, off to work....have a great day!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
haha, tammy, i bet your son's gf loved you guys!...i agree about bruce jenner...he doesn't look quite real anymore...

abi, we had a beautiful day today...hey, does your company make those little glass jars filled with fragrant beads...my son's gf was at a different candle factory last weekend and bought a couple for my wife for mother's day...

yea, vicki...no more bushes!...

we have had seven consecutive mediations postponed - today, i had driven halfway to concord (about an hour away) before the mediator called me, and yesterday i spent three hours at the courthouse and had two mediations canceled...i'm certainly learning what i won't do when i have my own practice!...haha...

good day again today although i missed the gym and will go tomorrow instead...i made the best gumbo - with chicken, shrimp and andouille sausage...it was my second attempt - the first being a disaster as i used a jarred roulx that tasted burnt and ruined the whole pot...today's was GLORIOUS, with just enough of a bite to be interesting :-)

lots of drama at the building - long story i will tell later...

have a great night, kids!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony the gumbo sounds delicious. Bummer about all the mediations being postponed. It will be great when you have your own practice. We don't make the candles with the little beads in them. We do make wax melts that are like a pot pourri. That's usually what I buy for myself rather than candles. I have a couple of those electic burners so the wax is melted and puts off its scent from the heat of the light bulb. I am using our Cortland Apple scent right now and DH really likes it.

Tammy, tomorrow will be 3 good days in a row so am going to check for ketosis. Hoping! Your evening with your family sounded so nice. Glad you liked DS's new girlfriend!

Vicki, so glad the ugly bushes are gone now!

Marilee, it is 32.2 right now at my house. ugh. Enjoy your lovely warm but not too warm yet weather!

Sausage bites, pork skins and black coffee today.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:00 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, congrats on three good days!...yeah, these beads are like a pot pourri - you don't melt or burn them - you just set the jar out and they must just disintegrate as they release their aroma...they are kinda cool...

it really works keeping the bad stuff out of the house - when i'm hunting around the kitchen at night, the bad choices aren't everywhere...my plan really works for me...on sunday, i was craving ice cream which has been in the freezer since before my plan started (and will be there for the kids), but i didn't want to use one of my off-plan days on the first day of the new week, so that kept me from indulging...

also, my son made the most delicious-looking chocolate chip cookies for the teachers who wrote his college recommendations and there are a bunch sitting on the kitchen table and i have avoided them completely...

and i'm not feeling as heavy although i will weigh for the first time this friday...

have a great wednesday - off to the gym!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tony, DS tells us that his new GF had a ball with us and wasn't scared off at all......she said she hadn't been around a family that had so much fun together in a really long time, so I think we're safe!! Great job on working your new plan, I'm so proud of you!!! Avoiding Choc. Chip cookies.....you must have super human strength....those are my FAVORITE cookie! I'll bet you find your weight is indeed down today!

Abi, I'm sure you'll be back in ketosis....you've been really strict and really good!! My husband commented the other day after I finally got back into ketosis that it seems so unfair that it takes days of work to get into ketosis, but only a few moments of poor choices to get out of it! One thing is for sure, Seeing that little stick turn purple every morning sure helps to keep me focused and on plan....DD made red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting yesterday for everyone.....and everyone said they were AMAZING....but I just knew if I had one I'd be out of ketosis again, so I avoided them....but boy that was hard!!

Well I snuck out of work yesterday for a day off with my family. DD and SIL were here hanging out, DS and DH were home and truthfully I was exhausted from not enough sleep the night before.....so I went home at lunch and took the rest of the day off and it was glorious!! The kids joined us for our hike, and then DH and I took a nap......Now I'm back to work today feeling recharged!

Hope everyone's doing well, have a great day!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good for you, tammy!...sometimes we can forget what we are really working for and family time should come first!

amadora was here when i got home today - emmy and my oldest and youngest sons were home for dinner and i made some steak tips and re-heated the ribs we had on monday...very good...looked at the mashed potatoes, but didn't want to use the off-day...omg, is that baby cute!

hopped on the scale today and i was at 233.2, which is down 3.6 lbs. from the last time i weighed, whenever that was...haha
Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Good going Tony on the weight drop and sticking to your two off days each week.

Tammy, you do have super human strength to resist those red velvet cupcakes.

Not in deep ketosis yet but maybe a trace? Tammy, your husband hit the nail on the head with how easy it is to drop right out of ketosis but how hard it is to get back in it.

Running a little late today. My friend in the next town said her hummingbirds came back yesterday so I have just cleaned and put our feeder out this morning. Hope ours come back soon!

Sausage bites, tuna and mayo, pork skins and black coffee today.

Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, i put my hummingbird feeder out last week, but haven't seen any yet...i usually don't see any until my red azalea blooms...every other kind of bird is at my feeders though...as well as the gray and red squirrels and chipmunks who pick at the seeds that fall to the ground...

i had signed up for two mediation workshops taking place this friday and then received a text from emily, asking me what i was doing friday...when i asked why, she said that an elementary school had called her to sub on friday and she wanted to know if i was free to babysit...well, i'll let you guess what happened next, but it did involve a cancellation!...haha...em hasn't worked since the baby was born and this is the first time she has left the baby for more than a couple of hours...

i am so excited!

it is a lot easier to stay on plan, when you know you have two days off-plan each week...with my personality and psychology, i can delay gratification, so leaving my off days until friday and saturday is working right now...when i think about going off plan during the week, i always conclude that i would be better off waiting to indulge a little on the weekend...

then, on my off-days, i want to limit what i eat off plan cuz i don't want to undo what i worked 5 days to achieve...yesterday i went to babys r us to get a carseat and popeye's fried chicken was right next door and i wanted to grab some for dinner...but i didn't want to gain weight from weds to fri, so decided to wait until friday to see if i still want the chicken...

i will be very happy if i can lose a pound a week...it is slow but steady...this is feeling like a plan i can stick with and feels like a healthy way to eat, in general...

hope y'all have a great day...i will be scarce tomorrow as a cute little face will be keeping me busy!...

Last edited by tony8; 05-08-2014 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, Yay for even a trace of ketosis.....you'll be back in deep ketosis in no time!

Tony, I'd cancel too for a chance to babysit that little cutie pie!! Great job on the loss, your new plan is clearly working for you, keep it up and you'll be losing that weight with no problem!

Well, I will have an unexpected long weekend. We have to make a quick trip to AZ and will leave tomorrow, I have to be back to work on Monday, so it will be a quick turn around....I need to mentally prepare myself so that I make good choices....I don't want to undo all of the hard work I've done!! If I'm not on the boards for the next couple of days that's because I'm on the road....but I won't be gone long!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Graduation is tomorrow. I was officially done with classes today, yahoo. Summer break begins.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have a safe trip, tammy...it's okay to cheat a little if you really feel the urge, just try not to go overboard...maybe just pick one meal a day where you can indulge a bit and behave at the other two meals and the damage won't be much...

congrats vicki...you're gonna have a great summer!

update: the school district where emmy was supposed to sub tomorrow needs to fingerprint and do a background check on her, even though she has been cleared by another district to teach during this school year...so no babysitting for me tomorrow, although she offered to let me take the baby cuz she felt bad...haha...

i will head over to the mediation workshops and see if they will let me in at the door...50/50 chance they will...if they won't, i think emmy and i will meet for lunch, so it will be a good day either way!

have a great friday kids! :-)
Old 05-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, alot going on with you all!

Tammy have a safe trip and enjoy your meals!

Vicki, I am thrilled you are done with school. Have a great relaxing time until you need to start preparing for your new teaching position!

Tony, hope the mediation work shops will let you in! If not, your back up plan will be such fun!

No humming birds yet unless they are being sneaky - lol.

I am glad it is Friday!

Sausage bites, tuna and mayo, pork skins and black coffee today.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
TGIF!

Vicki, what a relief to be through with school for a while. Enjoy your Summer!

Toni, I'm sorry you can't babysit Amadora. I know you are disappointed.

Hi Abi! Sausage bites sound yummy. How do you make those?

Lori - I hope you are reading our posts. We miss you and hope you are doing ok.

Peek-a-boo FF

Not much going on. At work and need to run soon. Housecleaners are coming tomorrow - Hallelujah - it's been a while. I'm going to enjoy Sunday in my nice clean house.

I've been faithful on plan for 3 days. The scale hasn't budged, but I'm not letting it enfluence me. It has to go down and that's all there is to it!

TTYL

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys!

marilee, i bet your house is already clean...haha...but enjoy your slightly cleaner house on sunday :-)

hope tammy has a good trip to az...i wonder if she will be close by you, marilee...

abs, how was your day?...kinda cold and raw here, especially tonight!...they let me into the workshop, so no amadora, but it was a great day of learning and hanging out with other mediators...most are lawyers, but they really appreciate my business knowledge, so we all share various perspectives...i enjoyed it a lot!

weighed in at 234.2 today and i'll take it...

using my off-day today - picked up some fried chicken for dinner and tasted some mashed potatoes and rice and the last 1/5th of a cookie...now i feel kinda crappy and sluggish, so that should help me behave better tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I must confess and I am not a neat nick - never have been. And now with the extra weight and bad knee it's harder to keep up.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, so glad the cleaners are back! Can you send them to my house when they finish with yours! lol

Tony, glad you got into the workshops and had some good discussions with other mediators!

DH brought me home a sub last night for dinner. Loaded with meat and a nice change. I just threw away the bun and put some nice vinegar and oil dressing on it and ate it like a meat salad. lol

Just before I left for work yesterday while it was still a little dark out a big green hummingbird was eating out of the feeder! I was so excited. DH said he was back at 1:30 yesterday and then again around 5 last night. Hope he brings some of his little friends today.

Getting ready to do some cleaning then to the grocery store. Tomorrow we will be having brunch either at my sister's house or my brother's house. Both have volunteered. I am going to cook up a bunch of sausage links. Should be fun.

I'll check back later gang! Have a great day!
Old 05-10-2014, 04:52 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, hows hubby's back?...i'm gonna have to keep an extra close eye on the hummingbird feeder...no backside tomorrow?

not sure what we are doing for mother's day...i'm just sure i will be seeing amadora :-) the last couple of years we have met the in-laws in sturbridge at the cracker barrel for lunch...it's kind of weird to go there, but we never know in advance how many people will attend so it's hard to make a reservation at a nicer place...i usually get the uncle herschel's breakfast with a pork chop...haha

was expecting nicer weather today, so this drizzly mess is messing with my day...plan to hit the gym this morning...not gonna go too crazy using my off-day today...

hope y'all have a great day!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, DH's Dr. put him on new medicine to help him sleep better and so he has been feeling a little better this week. Nothing earth shaking but he has a little more energy and so is moving more. Says the pain is the same during the day but feeling more rested is helping his disposition. lol

The weather is miserable today for sure. No excuses for not getting some cleaning done.

No backside tomorrow. But it will be fun to get together with more family.

Have fun at the Cracker Barrell if you end up going there. The uncle herschel's breakfast sounds very interesting!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

House is clean! It smells like Pine Sol, Lemon Pledge and Windex. Got to love it!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Marilee! I know this makes you feel so good! My living room smells like lemon pledge too. Only got the deep cleaning done in that room. Love that lemon scent!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

see, maruilee, i knew you were a neatnik! :-) happy your cleaning crew did their thing well...

abi, hope you have a great tomorrow....

hope tammy is having a good trip

happy mother's day to the moms!

ds and i worked all day...some at the building and some spreading stone at home in the driveway - it looks great!...gonna grab some din-din...

love you guys!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:51 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Bitzers!

I am cooking up some sausage links to take to our brunch today. My sister is having us to her house again. She is cooking bacon and some kind of egg dish. I am hoping she is making some mini quiches like she did last year. They were so delicious.

The weather is supposed to be breezy and beautiful today.

Will check back this afternoon!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Happy Mothers day!!!! I hope everyone is having a great day, our trip was very productive and very quick!! I did well, made great food choices and managed to stay in ketosis......I had ample opportunity to "cheat" but really did not want the struggle of getting back into ketosis AGAIN.

Vicki, so glad you're done with your classes for the summer, and when you go back in the fall you'll be teaching your preferred classes.....how awesome is that!

Marilee, Yay for housekeepers! DH and I are pretty much neat freaks, and we've learned that with the kids out of the house it usually STAYS clean! DS is home with us while he gets back on his feet after his military service and instantly our home was no longer as clean as usual.....kids!!!

Tony, fried chicken and mashed potatoes sounds YUMMY!! Cracker barrel is one of my all time favorites....I really miss them as we don't have any here in Southern Cal. We were going to stop in AZ for breakfast while we were there, but ended up not having time, nor did I want to fight the temptations of their biscuits and grits! Hope you get plenty of Amadora time today!

Abi, Brunch with the family sounds lovely. I'm glad DH's new medication is helping him rest well. I absolutely believe that good consistent sleep is vitsl to our overall health and well being.....and that's something I've struggled with a lot over the years!

Well kids, I'm back home, getting ready to go for our hike, then going to grill some steaks & Artichokes for dinner.....I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thinking about my mom today. I really miss her
Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

awww, marilee, i know how you feel...i was thinking about my mom all day...i don't think that ever stops...hey, do you still have any of the diet plan food you used to have?

tammy, happy you had a productive trip...sounds like you had a lovely mother's day too...

abi, hope you had a great day and plenty of baby quiches!...happy your hubby has found something that helps him sleep...everything is compounded when you cannot sleep...how is your daughter doing?

i hit the gym this morning and had a good day...had eggs and a pork chop at cracker barrel...i did not use my second off-day yesterday, and made a new rule that i could carry one off-day into the following week, but i didn't use it today either...i just feel very committed to losing right now and don't want to derail myself...my one off-day last week satisfied me and not feeling that great afterward helped keep me on-plan...

had a nice visit with the in-laws at cracker barrel...it's nice to meet there because before and after lunch we can sit on the rocking chairs on the porch and visit...amadora was adorable as usual...i am so happy the way her face lights up when she sees me...it's amazing that her little brain can remember me and react a certain way to each of us...i LOVE that baby!

i have a new mediation in the morning and then work at the building after that...

hope everyone has an awesome night!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:38 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was just lovely. The brunch was delicious, DH had bought a beautiful corsage for me to wear to church, and then we grilled out last night for the first time since last summer.

Marilee, yesterday was definitely a day for some of us to miss our Mothers.

Tony, I can just see you rocking that little sweetheart on the front porch of Cracker Barrel!

Tammy, I am so proud you were able to stay in ketosis on your trip to AZ!

Our daughter posted this photo of them heading out to dinner for their Mother's Day celebration. Sure do miss them! They will try to drive out fourth of July week while our plant is shut down. Can't wait!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wilsons on Mother's Day.jpg (32.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. I enjoyed the weekend in my clean house. Started reading a book. The weather wasn't too hot, so I was able to have the doors open until around 11 AM. It was lovely.

I am ready to take pictures of my patio for you all, but I need to wait until 3 of the bushes have flowers on them. They had gotten so big that they had to trim them way down so I lost all of the blossoms.

Tony, I started back of MF. As you all know, I don't do well cooking for one. The scale actually moved, but I'm noticing I can bend better and I feel better, so I know it's working.

Better get to work. TTFN
Old 05-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, Good job at Cracker Barrel....eggs and a pork chop is real discipline when they have SO MANY amazingly delicious bad choices!! How awesome that you got to enjoy some quality Amadora time.....I'm sure that Mothers Day has a whole new meaning to Em this year....I know it did for me after my babies were born.

Abi, What a beautiful family! I'm sure you miss them like crazy....hopefully they get to come see you for the 4th! Your hubby was so sweet to buy you a corsage....what a great guy!

Marilee, Is MF Medifast? I've known others who have done that and lost significant amounts of weight....good for you that the scale is moving in the right direction again!! I'm sorry you missed your mom yesterday, I imagine that was a tough day for you.

Well kids, I did manage to stay in ketosis on my trip and was rewarded by being down another pound!!! I am officially down 35 pounds since the first of the year. I had hoped to be further along, but I will take it!!! I know our evening hikes will help me to keep losing consistently, so we are keeping those up.

Busy Monday back at work for me, so I've got to get to it....see you later!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Tammy, it's Medi-Fast