Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Exhausting day yesterday emotionally. At church a newer member shared his testimony as far as forgiveness. His mother had been murdered in 84 when he was 6 by a biker gang member. yes, my town was known for that. He got rid of anger through boxing but an injury forced him to stop. His anger was still there so he contacted victim services through the court system and forgave the murderer in prison. The murderer is out now and was also at our church service sharing his testimony too and how he found Christ. Man, i tell you.

Then, we went to Heaven is for Real. Yes, I read the book when it came out. The movie was pretty good.

Tony, thanks for your sharing. It is spot on.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, what a powerful experience it must have been to hear the victim and the murderer of his mother speak. It just breaks your heart to think of the horrendous things people do to each other.

Glad you liked the movie. I never go to the movies but if this one comes to town I might.

Tony, have the spinning girls moved in yet or still having some construction done? Pretty cool if the wine barrel guy moves in too. Your plan is already working for you isn't it! Sure makes you stop and reconsider having something off plan and then have to look forward to a boring food weekend.

I did weigh this morning. Decided not to put of the inevitable any longer. Up 2.6 pounds and out of ketosis. ugh But I am not too down about it. I have nothing in the immediate future that should derail me. Hoping DD and family will come to visit the end of June and week of 4th of July. Sure would love to be down around 10 pounds by then!

Sausage bites, black coffee and pork skins for lunch today.

Have a great day gang!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:01 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, i would have liked to have heard those stories...forgiveness frees us, i think...

abi, the plan is working...i am not having cravings, but last night i was thinking about the ice cream dw brought home when i wasn't looking :-) and didn't want to give up the off-plan day...so, i took some frozen blueberries and strawberries and a banana and some almond milk and made a smoothie...i put half in a small glass and sipped it and was more than satisfied...the other half is still in the fridge...

and theoretically, i could have a whole weekend of cheating and still be on-plan - that's why my week ends on saturday...of course, i would have to be on-plan all the other days for two weeks...

the thing that usually keeps me on a roll once i get on one is how good i feel...my clothes had been fitting tighter and my legs ache-ier and that's changing...

lots of catch-up work today...if it rains, it's gonna mess me and ds up!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 04-29-2014 at 05:04 AM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning all!

Vicki, wow....that's an incredible story of forgiveness!! I haven't yet seen that movie either. The movie I really want to see is "God's Not Dead".....that one looks incredible!

Abi, Most of that weight is water from the sudden change. (That's what I keep telling myself too) it will come right back off! I'm finally back in ketosis, so I know the extra 3 pounds I picked up from the wedding will come off.....and I intend to keep going. My next mini (not so mini) goal is 30 pounds in the next 90 days.....I WILL do this!!

Tony, Good for you for avoiding the Ice Cream.....that's one of my favorites and there is almost always some in our freezer! Both DS & DH looooove ice cream.....fortunately their favorites are Butter pecan and mint chocolate chip....I can easily avoid those. It seems like your plan is really working for you.....way to go!

Well we went out and hiked again for an hour after work last night.....and I am feeling it today!! DD and SIL and due back this afternoon / evening from their honeymoon, so we won't walk this evening......they can show us all their pics from Yosemite and tell us about their trip instead. Can't wait to see them!!

Well kids, on to Tuesday....everyone have a GREAT day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, i have no doubt you WILL DO IT!...you've been making a believer out of me since you got back here...yosemite is one of my favorite places...have fun with the kids...

i had another excellent on-plan day today...i got busy at work and skipped lunch, which is not good, but i didn't overdo it when i got home and i have not used an off-day yet...

b: 2 oz. leftover grilled chicken
l: skipped
d: chicken wings, a grilled pork chop and unsweetened organic apple sauce sprinkled with cinnamon

for some reason my legs and left knee are killing me today...skipped the gym, but hope i feel up to it tomorrow...may hit the hot tub tonight to see if that helps.

Last edited by tony8; 04-29-2014 at 05:55 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, sure hope the hot tub helped with the achy legs and knee! Wishing you a pain free day today!

Tammy, great you are back in ketosis. You will meet your goal I am sure of 30 pounds in 90 days!

I am not back in ketosis yet. Maybe by tomorrow. That will be 3 days of being back on plan.

Sausage bites, black coffee and pork skins today.

Have a great day Blitzers! Tony, tell FF hey if you talk to him this week!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, the hot tub helped...i think my legs will just need maintenance for the rest of my life...hope i won't need knee replacements someday, but i wouldn't be surprised...in addition to several sports injuries, carrying around all the extra weight i have for 25 years hasn't helped!...it is what it is...

emmy brought amadora over this morning so i'm watching her beautiful little sleeping face right now...i have a mediation this afternoon, which i wish i didn't...haha...

b: greek yogurt with strawberry, banana and steel cut oats sprinkled on it

hope everyone has an awesome hump day!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Tony, Sorry your knee is giving you problems....definitely be careful and give it rest!! Good job with sticking to your plan, you are definitely going to drop that weight!!

Abi, I'll bet ya anything you'll be back in ketosis tomorrow....it definitely takes a few days....even though I'm back in ketosis it's no where near as deep as it was before, so I'm still working on it.

The kids are back from their Honeymoon, They had a great time up at Yosemite and loved every minute of it. They had some incredible pictures from their hikes......I see a trip to Yosemite in my future!!

I've been really good this week on my WOE and the scale is going down which is a freaking miracle because we found a little family Italian restaurant that we have already gone to for lunch TWICE this week and the kids want us to go again today so they can check it out!! Hopefully I can stay strong!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Tomorrow I can officially say that I have only 1 week until I am done for summer. Yahoo. I will still be doing school work over the summer because I will preparing for a new course that I will be teaching: OB and Pediatrics. OB is my specialty and I have been away for too long. Fortunately, the person who has been teaching it decided to switch courses.

Abi, I hope you hit Ketosis

Tony, I love greek yogurt. Never thought of sprinkling steel cut oats in it though. I have sprinkled sunflower kernels or flax in it.

Tammy, Yosemite, what a great place for a honeymoon.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I know you are so excited to be able to teach your specialty in the fall. Preparing this summer will be such a joy.

Well, Tammy and Vicki, I had a set back yesterday so ketosis in now probably a week away. One of my supervisors had a birthday and instead of asking who wanted cake she cut pieces and put them down in front of us in the break room. I caved and the day went downhill from there. Well, back at it today!

Tony, glad the hot tub helped your knees some. Don't you just love having that sweet little girl around!

Tuna with mayo, pork skins and black coffee today.

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

omg, abi, she was cuter than ever last night...after i got back from mediation, she was asleep with her grandma on the living room couch and i made dinner...then i held her for about 1 1/2 hours and she just looked at me and smiled the whole time - as i ate, played with her, etc...then later as she was getting tired, i was singing to her and she just tilted her head back and looked up at me with the most beautiful, innocent, loving eyes...it was soooooo cute!...dw said it was the cutest thing she ever saw...

abs, thank god we don't ever seem to all slip at the same time...i was slipping while you were doing "no rewards" and tammy and marilee were killing it, and now i seem to be on track...haha...i hope you allowed yourself to enjoy the cake - it wasn't a crime and i bet you're back in the saddle today...

tammy, so tell me about the italian restaurant and what everyone tried there...sounds delicious!

vicki, nice to have you around! :-) good luck this week...sounds like you have a busy/enjoyable summer ahead!

had another good day yesterday, except i skipped lunch again...last night i grilled beef teriyaki and chicken and veggies on skewers and steamed clams...very good!...still no cravings for bread, pasta or sweets...and no off-days!

have a great thursday kids...
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Vicki, Yay for summer!! So glad you get to switch back to OB in the fall, that will be a lot of fun for you I'm sure!!

Abi, birthday cake is SOOOOO hard to resist!!! I agree with Tony, it's not a crime you'll get back in ketosis soon. If it makes you feel any better I totally caved at the Italian place yesterday at lunch and had 3 slices of cheese pizza!!!

Tony, that baby is so precious, you are so blessed to have her close by.....and they are so blessed to have you near by!!

The Italian restaurant is called Francescos. It's a casual little family joint in a STUNNING location. We've been there 3 times now and have found everything to be quite good. The first time DH had the pepperoni pizza and I had the Caprese salad. The second time DH had the Roast Beef Sandwich and I had the Meatball and cheese sandwich.....I ate the meatballs and cheese and set the bread aside after a nibble or two.....which was hard because they make their bread FRESH every morning and it's INCREDIBLE. (Bread is my biggest weakness) Yesterday we did not eat until after 1:00 because of everyone's schedule and then everyone wanted to try the pizza.....I honestly could not handle the thought of more salad, so I caved and had 3 slices of cheese pizza.....it was really good!! I felt so bad for caving though.....I told DH that we simply HAD to go hiking after work so I could walk it off....and boy did we!! We hiked for an hour and we really climbed some STEEP hills....we felt every bit of it, let me tell you!! It must have helped to some degree because some how, miraculously I am still hanging on to ketosis by the tiniest of threads.....I mean seriously just barely turning that keto strip the lightest shade of pink. I will be fat fasting today FOR SURE!!

Well kids, I've gotta get to work....it's the 1st of the month, busy day for sure! Have a great day!!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, i believe the exercise is more of a benefit than the pizza is a detriment...thanks for the details on the restaurant - i love hearing about great places to eat! :-)

another good day:

b: spoonful of lf cottage cheese and 2 strawberries
l: salad with evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta
d: broiled haddock with steamed broccoli

and i went to the gym!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:54 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF gang!

Tony, these moments with Amadora are so precious! We just love to hear about them!

Tammy, good going on the long hike! I wish I had that kind of energy after work. I feel like such a slug. lol

Any big plans for the weekend? Mine will be just the usual, cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. Kind of boring after last weekend!

Sausage bites, coffee and pork skins today.

Will check back after work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #165
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
glad everyone is enjoying the warm weather!

I have already begun my 6 month PLUS schvitz. I am not expecting any relief before TG. I had no intention of leaving the house today, but I did have some important errands. Owing to the peculiarities of my medical coverage. I had to change the location of my physical therapy, which begins May 7. It will be taking place where I used to work, so that will be a good thing. Otherwise, nothing new to report. I escaped the ravages of the recent rains. I was home all day Wed & Thurs, making sure the rain stayed outside, and did not venture inside. I hope to make it back here next week. I must make an effort to drink more plain H20. Now that it is warm weather, it should not be a great effort at all. Ciao for now...FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this is what has been keeping me busy today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19 weeks with Sue.jpg (21.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang Tony, she is getting cuter by the minute.

ff, it was good to hear from you.

Mowing tomorrow now that the sun finally came out. We are taking my mom and dad and DH's dad to see Prairie Home Companion then out for supper.

Last edited by vli1127; 05-02-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Old 05-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

TGIF is right!!!!

Abi, No big plans here, same as you.....laundry, groceries, some more hiking. We did another hike this evening after work and saw an entire pod of whales....I've never seen anything like it, it was really incredible!!

FF, So good to see you!! Glad you escaped the ravages of the rain.

Tony, that baby is cute beyond words.....those cheeks are just begging for smooches!!

OMG you guys, WHO designated today as Monday again instead of Friday?? My calendar said Friday, my stress load clearly said Monday!! I did have the wildest thing happen today however. I am currently interviewing candidates for a maintenance supervisor position here with our company, and I had a candidate today that was scheduled for an interview and about 15 minutes into the interview I'm thinking that perhaps he might be a decent candidate UNTIL, he asked is his wife could join us. WHAT?!?!?! Yes, he actually brought his wife to the interview, because as he explained "She's the boss" and he doesn't make such big decisions without her involvement. He actually went out to the car to get her and bring her in. I'm not kidding. Needless to say I am still looking for a maintenance supervisor.

Have I mentioned that I'm ready for a weekend??
Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Tammy. That is unbelievable and sad too that this guy can't apply for a job without his wife's permission. I wonder what kind of company would actually hire him?

Vicki, what a nice evening that will be with your parents and DH's dad! Mowing the lawn is such a nice thought after all the snow and ice we have had this winter.

Tony, Amadora is so darling. This photo looks like she is really thinking hard about something, like I wonder what that strange box with the flash is all about. They sure bring it out alot when I am around. lol

There is a small grocery store near where I work that sells premade hamburger patties called cowboy burgers. They put raw chopped up bacon and cheese in them. I am going to have to try making some myself. Everything tastes better with bacon!

Will check back later. Am going to try to drink alot of water again today!

Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe today the ugly bushes will come out. That is IF they guy shows up. He called last night and left a voice mail about being open to come either today or tomorrow. I called back within minutes only to go to his voice mail. I said today at 9 would work and if it didn't to call back. He didn't call back so I assume we are on. We shall see. In the meantime, we need to clean up the sticks and such before we begin to mow.

I walked outside this morning for about 40 minutes. I am a bit ashamed that I don't have the endurance or speed like I used to. Regardless, it was nice to be outside and hear the birds chirping and smell the scent of pine as I walked past pine trees.

Breakfast was cottage cheese and fresh pineapple with sunflower kernels and BPC. I know pineapple is a tad high in carbs, but oh well, it isn't like I have a steady diet of it or anything.

Lunch will probably be salad and for supper we are going to the Spaghetti Works. Carb laden, I know.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
just wanted to check in quickly so you wouldn't worry...went to maine today with ds to do some work on the cottage when one of my other son called to tell us that he was taking tucker to the vet as he was mopey...long story, short, we had to put him down...he was able to go for a swim in the pond behind the vet's office and eat two cheeseburgers first and we all made it to spend some time and say our goodbyes...not an easy thing...we took him home after and just got done burying him in the side yard...

emmy, sal and amadora are staying over tonight...

that pod of whales sounds so cool, tammy...

abs, the backside will be happy to see you back tomorrow...

vicki, good for you for moving around and your weekend sounds like fun...i take it your dad is feeling better...

i will be back as soon as things settle down around here...have a great sunday!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we are all so sad to hear about Tucker. What a good dog he was and what a sweet last memory of him taking a swim and enjoying those cheeseburgers.

I am looking forward to getting back to the Backside this morning creature of habit that I am. When my brother and sister in law head for Ireland next month I will probably go into withdrawal.

I breathed a sigh of relief when the Kentucky Derby gates opened without a hitch. I know I have menioned before that my brother in law makes starting gates and may have made this one and then he is the one that services them.

Vicki did the guy show up at 9 to cut down the ugly bushes? What a nice evening you planned for your folks and DH's dad!

Tammy, did you get in some more good hikes this weekend?

I finished organizing the garage yesterday so I can pull my car in if I want to and raked up the leaves that were still frozen to the ground 3 weeks ago. Trees are starting to flower around here and the leaves should be out in a couple of weeks. So glad spring is finally here!

Marilee, how is your weekend going?

I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing. Bacon, eggs, some tuna, sausage and pork skins for me today.

Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #173
Blabbermouth!!!

Guy didn't show up for bushes. He claimed he never got my message, today maybe????

Last night was fun. Everyone claimed they liked the performance.

Church this morning, bushes out this afternoon, church tonight.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Tony I am so sorry about Tucker, my heart hurts for you and your family, I know how hard that is and how much you all loved him!!!
I'm glad your family is all together. We're here for you too!!!

Abi, I'm sure your waitress at the Backside was happy to see you back! Very cool about your brother building and servicing the gates for the horse races, we watched the race yesterday.....did you see Johnny Weir's hat??? Yes we did hike yesterday, we checked out a new trail and caught the sunset, here are some pics!!

Vicki, you have had such trouble getting rid of those darn bushes, I hope you get it taken care of today!!!

Well, DH and I have been very consistent with our hikes, we did 5 this past week and average about an hour each time....plan on going out again today too. I must confess, we have so many beautiful trails around here that it's a shame we haven't done more of this before now! I'm solidly back in ketosis, and have had a nice whoosh getting rid of all the water weight from the wedding. I'll do my official weigh in tomorrow, but this morning I was down to 209!

Well kids, have a great remainder of your weekend!!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all.

ff, so nice to hear from you!

Tony, I'm so sorry to hear about Tucker. I know it was a difficult, heart-wrenching decision, but so happy his last time here was swimming and eating cheeseburgers - it doesn't get better than that! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Amadora is so freaking cute!!!! How can you stand it.

Tammy, really? A "man" who can't take a job without his wife? Wow!

Hi Abi! You are always so inspiring with your way of eating. I'm so proud of you!

Vicki- hi niece I hope you get those bushes out soon. Sounds like a big project.

Well, on Wednesday the repair guys came out and fixed the damages done by the water leak, or drying out the water leak. It looks better than new!

Not much else to report. I haven't been good on plan and not sure why. I have gone to the grocery store and have my kitchen and pantry stocked with all OP (on program) foods. I tend to like to start on Monday's so tomorrow it is.

Well, I was really tired yesterday so I took the day off so today I need to do laundry, and get some housework done. It's going to be 102 today. I know that sounds hot, but it really isn't bad since it isn't July or August. The ground and buildings haven't absorbed heat so it isn't bouncing back at us and the evenings are "cooling" off. It was 65 this morning.

TTYL!

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I did see Tommy Weir's hat. It did match his outfit but I prefer the wide brimmed hats. Have you ever tasted a Mint Julip? I have not but they sound so good. I am thrilled you are back in ketosis. I am not but hope to be later in the week.

Marilee, 102 and not real hot sounds pretty good to me right now. The day started out sunny and not bad at 7am but then the clouds came in, the temps dropped and it has been sprinkling off and on. Dreary! I am going to try harder to live up to your saying I am inspiring you by my eating. I've had some pretty bad slips lately but feel like I am going to be much stronger in the future.

My waitress remembered my usual even though we had not been there for 2 weeks. She is a sweetheart. There were 6 of us there. Lots of laughs as usual.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, it''s so good to hear from you!! Ok, you've stocked the kitchen and you're ready to start fresh tomorrow......that's a good plan!!! You can keep the heat, I don't miss it!!!

Abi, I have had mint juleps, and they are WONDERFUL......I really like them, but them I'm a bourbon girl, as bourbon is my drink of choice, so it stands to reason that I'd like them. I forgot to post the pics I mentioned earlier, here's what were looking at yesterday on our hike and we stayed to take in the sunset on the ocean. We went out again today for another hour......we are committed to keeping it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lighthouse.jpg (46.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Sunset at redondo.jpg (38.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

Beautiful photos Tammy!

I read an interesting article on another thread yesterday. It is nothing new to those of us that have read Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes.
The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease - WSJ.com

Sausage, tuna with mayo, pork skins and black coffee for me today.

Will check back after work. Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
thanks for the good thoughts and prayers...we are all doing okay, but there is a sadness around here that will take awhile to diminish...tucker's toys, beds, bowls, treats, food etc are all around and we don't want to clean up all that stuff yet...

happy to see y'all are either on track or close to being on track...i'm doing well...i did take two off days on friday and saturday, but didn't go wild - had chinese food on friday and subs on saturday (but i only nibbled on the bread)...both days i ate the other meals and snacks on-plan...have to hit the gym tomorrow - i've had a few days off and my legs were sore today...

my second son is leaving tomorrow for a week in south carolina where he is doing some work on a marketing campaign...

lots of work on mediations and at the building this week...

marilee, did you just say 102 degrees isn't hot???... :-)

vicki, good luck with your bushes!

tammy, to say you live in a beautiful location would be a gross understatement!

abs, i think we have some nicer weather on the way - keep the faith!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am so ready for some nice warm weather. It is 37 out right now at 4:12am and the heat just kicked on. $$$

We are packing our little tea lights in a different manner on the line I usually work on so that has been a new challenge this week. I like the idea and so it has been fun.

I am sure I am not back in ketosis yet but hope maybe by Thursday if I can stay on the straight and narrow.

Chicken salad, pork skins and black coffee today.