Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
thanks for the encouragement, tammy!...i am carrying more muscle weight, but i'm still carrying that excess 40-50 lbs of fat too...i don't think i look too bad, but maybe i do cuz i'm still waaaay too heavy... :-)

busy busy busy day today...having meetings with three different town officials to learn what the cycle girls will face when building out the space to their specs...also gathering info on their sign application process...

gotta run - a lot more to do...i'll check in later!

Last edited by tony8; 04-10-2014 at 04:05 PM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Good morning Blitzers!

I stayed away from the salty pork skins yesterday and ate little unsalted butter cubes for my snacks. A little weird but they curbed the hunger and gave me an energy boost. I hoped that my co workers thought I was eating cheese. lol Finally .2 down from my last lowest weight. We shall see what today brings.

All I can say is TGIF! I'll pop back in after work. Have a great Friday all!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmmm, butter cubes...why not?! :-)

busy day ahead, so i will try to post more later...the cycling girls should give me a final answer today, which i'm 90% sure will be yes...very excited for me and for them as i think it is a perfect fit and will be a home run...everyone i spoke with yesterday at the town offices was so excited about that use for the space and is looking forward to taking classes!

hope i see emmy and the baby this weekend - the weather is supposed to be nice and i'd like to spend some time outdoors with amadora...

since i cannot afford a newer car right now, i have been doing a lot of work to my current car in between everything else...it's looking pretty good...it's 15 years old and has 190,000 miles but when i put the top down on a nice day, i can't imagine driving anything else!...except a newer convertible!...hahaha!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Happy Friday everyone!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning, TGIF!!!!

Abi, I love the idea of the butter cubes.....I love butter period!! Glad you finally showed a loss....I empathize with your frustration more than you know!! I was so frustrated with my scales inconsistencies that I ordered a new one off of amazon yesterday.....it was the highest rated one they had with over 180 Five star reviews, so hopefully it will work better than my current walmart scale!

Tony, I determined years ago that there are two types of people in this world....convertible people and non-convertible people.....I am definitely a convertible girl!! I have had at least 4 or 5 of them over the years and my absolute favorite is a toss up between our old Jeep CJ5 or our Mercedes SLK.....my husband always says that both of them PERFECTLY suited me and I have to agree. DD now has the Mercedes and the jeep is long since gone. DH has a corvette with a removable top, so it's 90% a convertible.....but I am on the hunt for my next car!

Hi Marilee, how are you?????

Vicki, where are you at these days??

FF, hope all is well....WE MISS YOU!!!

Lori, I hope you're out there and doing ok!

Off to work, see you all later!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning gang!

Tony, I am so looking forward to the nice weather predicted today. Plan on cleaning out the garage and doing some raking. Hope Emmy and Amadora make it by today! Hope the spinning girls final answer was yes! It is a handy skill to be able to work on your cars. Your many talents amaze us! How is the foot doing?

Tammy, I am about ready to throw my scale out the window. lol The .2 I was down yesterday is back up .2 today. I almost laugh out loud when I see it. I am testing my ketones as of today and it looks like deep ketosis so I am going to force myself to drink alot of water today and see what happens.

Hey Marilee

Hi Vicki!

I will check back later gang. Have a wonderful Saturday
Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, i always wanted a convertible and back in 2003, at age 44, i bought my first one...i picked it up on st. patrick's day...it is a 1999 saab SE with the high output turbo...it was a $45,000 car when it was new and i paid $16K for it - the most i have ever paid for a vehicle...

i have to say it fits me perfectly...it gets over 30 mpg on the highway, is very fast with the turbo and 5-speed manual transmission, has front-wheel drive and is very good in the snow (remember they were built in scandinavia) and is so nice in the summer when you put the top down...it's black, with a gray leather interior and the seats are extremely comfortable...it's roomy inside, including the trunk, but it is smallish on the outside and handles like a smaller sports car...it's nimble with a small turning radius and is easy to park...

saabs are quirky cars designed by jet-plane engineers and the company is gone now...they still make major parts for them, but some of the smaller trim parts are harder to come by...people usually love them or hate them...my kids don't like it much, but i love it...

so, now you have way more info than you wanted on my ride! :-)

okay, i weighed in at 236.8 yesterday and i AM DONE!...i followed up the weigh-in with a bad day of eating, relatively - namely, i did great until 2 p.m. and then ate every hour for the rest of the day...today is a fresh start...i am going to try to lose 5 lbs. this week...i feel motivated and ready to do this!...

my 5-lb. challenge starts today!

abs, i'm gonna be at work at the building and then in the yard doing clean up...the cycling girls asked to bring in their electrician and HVAC guys yesterday, so my son met them at 4 p.m...they pushed off their decision until the beginning of next week which caused me a bit of frustration, but i didn't show it...i have been putting off trips to nashville to try to get this done, but at some point they have to pull the trigger - they had more than enough time before now to bring in contractors etc. that they needed in order to make a decision...if they don't decide by tuesday, i am headed to nashville and they will have to wait for me...

hi marilee!!!

hope everyone has an awesome day!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, well day 1 of my re-commitment to the blitz is going well...had a large strawberry and water for breakfast, then had a great workout at the gym, washed the car and then just had a salad topped with evoo, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese for lunch...

gonna drink a lot of water today...feeling very motivated - i wanna get back in the 220s before my body gets too used to the 230s!

nice day for a ride with the top down - trying to justify putting the yard work off...haha!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!!

Abi, I totally appreciate your scale frustration....I can't wait until mine comes in!! you know if you're in ketosis then you'll definitely drop the weight....just keep drinking water and eat the way you're eating and you'll be fine! How was the weather today? Was it as nice as you hoped??

Tony, Saab's are wonderful cars!! I've not had one, but everyone I've ever known who did absolutely LOVED it! That's definitely a good convertible for year round driving on the east coast with all those crazy winters you have.....my SLK is not as great a winter vehicle and the Vette SUCKS in snow and ice....definitely a couple of fair weather vehicles! Good job on the start to your 5 lb challenge, you'll be back in the 220's before you know it!

I hope everyone's having a great weekend. Things are good here, I wanted to sleep in, but woke at my usual 6:30 am. That was ok though, we lazed around in bed for a while watching TV before we worked our way to the kitchen for coffee. I picked up some groceries, got a manicure, did some laundry.....very boring household stuff. We are grilling some Brats and Italian sausages for dinner though!! The scale was FINALLY being kinder this morning, showed most of the bourbon gain was gone....maybe by Monday I'll actually register more of a loss.

Well, I do hope everyone is well....have a great weekend!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

a pretty relaxing day here...i watched the yankee-red sox game this afternoon and then waxed my car...haha...

tammy, congrats on getting back to your pre-bourbon weight...sounds like a nice day on the west coast...i may be attending a mediation conference in san diego in october...a place called the Coronado Island Marriott Resort and Spa...

here are a couple pics of my car taken tonight after waxing :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saab exterior.jpg (24.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Saab interior.jpg (38.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, that car is gorgeous and you got it for $16,000? What a steal!

Tammy, I know you are right about the water and being in ketosis would finally see a drop.

Phew! I have finally seen a nice drop! Down 1.2 from yesterday. I had a mini goal of losing 5 pounds by Easter and I am at 5.8 down today from my March 27 start date! My next mini goal will be another 5 pounds by June first.

I ate ground beef with butter on it, coconut oil in my first cup of coffee. and more black coffee during the day. I made myself drink 3 bottles of water which I am sure was the big help on the loss. Maybe I can do that again today after church when I am back home. We shall see.

I did do alot of work cleaning in the garage, alot of sweeping dirt tracked in from our cars all winter and leaves that blew in. Then I did alot of raking leaves into a tarp and dragging them into the woods to dump. DH with all his back trouble was not able last fall to get rid of them and I didn't have time or energy. I think eating so clean for a few weeks has given me an energy boost.

No breakfast at the Backside today. My brother and sister in law are visiting my niece in Cleveland for afew days.

Will pop in later Blitzers! Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THE BACKSIDE RESTAURANT CLOSES ITS DOORS
(AP) Brattleboro, VT
The Backside Restaurant, a staple of this quaint New England town, announced on Sunday that it will close its doors for the last time after breakfast today.

"We just couldn't survive the loss of our best customer," said waitress Mary-Beth Keene. "Her scrambled eggs and bacon paid the rent."

Reportedly, Abi Roofwalker, could not make it to breakfast this week because her sister-in-law was flying to Cleveland.

"We just don't understand it," said line cook Peter Grafton. "I scrambled those eggs with love every Sunday morning. I guess it just didn't matter."
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all.

Tony, very nice car. That will be fun to drive.

Tammy, I like the new pic, awesome. Congrats on the weight loss and clothing NSV

Abi, I like butter but can't imagine eating it all by itself.

Marilee, hang in there.

Me, nothing new to report. Still eating incorrectly. Hubby and I walked downtown in our capital city yesterday so I saw reflections of myself walking. Not good, not good at all. Thunder thighs all the way. I needed to add some spring clothes to the wardrobe and hate how the short sleeves are so short. But, the tops that had 3/4 length sleeves weren't quite right either. 2X is not something I want to stay in.

Maybe, just maybe, I will get this. I am moving to a different office area at work, teaching what I love and not what I have been for 11+ year (I will start teaching OB and PEDS content in the fall). I am tired of teaching Fundamentals. I feel as though I have been dumbed down and frankly, I want to teach a student that has some knowledge. I am also on a task force writing new curriculum to begin Fall 2015. Lots of changes.

Maybe that will give the motivation to stay on track, who knows.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, that sounds very cool about the new classes!...it may just provide the new start and motivation you needed! :-)
Old 04-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Tony, that is the funniest thing I have read for a long time. I copied and saved it for future laughs. One correction, favorite waitress is named Kerry. lol You have absolutely made my day.

Vicki, the butter would have to be an acquired taste I think. Especially the unsalted kind. I look in the frig and see some little bites left from Friday in the container and think. ick But come 9am at work after some hard work and they become little energy bites and quiet my growling stomach. I much prefer my butter melted in my coffee and better yet whipped up in it. I am excited that you will be teaching what you really want. Such a worthwhile profession!

Well back to a little more house cleaning.

Last edited by Abigale; 04-13-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahaha!...i'm happy i made you laugh, abs...it made me laugh writing it :-)

cloudy but warm here today and the sun is trying to peek through the clouds...it's supposed to be close to 80 tomorrow...i'm thinking of going to the gym tomorrow and then taking off and driving up the coast with the top down...it has been such a long winter and that would be such a nice day...then again, it will probably be cooler there, so maybe i'll stay inland...hmmmm

working in the yard today - called the guy who cut down a bunch of trees here last year and i have a few more that need to go...as you may remember, i hate cutting trees, but some of these are half dead with no good place to fall...

hope everyone is enjoying their sunday!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
THE BACKSIDE RESTAURANT CLOSES ITS DOORS
(AP) Brattleboro, VT
The Backside Restaurant, a staple of this quaint New England town, announced on Sunday that it will close its doors for the last time after breakfast today.

"We just couldn't survive the loss of our best customer," said waitress Mary-Beth Keene. "Her scrambled eggs and bacon paid the rent."

Reportedly, Abi Roofwalker, could not make it to breakfast this week because her sister-in-law was flying to Cleveland.

"We just don't understand it," said line cook Peter Grafton. "I scrambled those eggs with love every Sunday morning. I guess it just didn't matter."
that's awesome!!! Tony, I can not tell you how many drives we've made with the top down, the heater on full blast, and gloves & ear warmers on.....ALWAYS go for the most scenic route!

Abi, poor Kerry must be wondering what the heck happened! Congrats on your loss, I just knew you'd drop that 5 pounds.....with your determination and focus the only result could be success!!

Vicki, so happy you get to teach what you love, I am sure your students will be very blessed to learn from your instruction and passion! Sometimes change is exactly what we need to give us that fresh start.....you have a great opportunity here to start over and make this change what you want!

Well kids, its a nice lazy Sunday here. The most strenuous thing on my agenda today is perhaps a drive along the coast and maybe lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant overlooking the ocean.....they have the MOST AMAZING salad there.....its a fabulous place, the food is awesome, and the views are incredible.....yup going to have to see if I can talk DH into this!

If we go I'll take a picture for you! Have a great day!!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Oh wow, Tammy that drive and restaurant sound amazing. Hope you talked DH into going!

Tony, a drive up the coast sounds wonderful but knowing you it will be day full of alot of business!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh yeah, congrats on the awesome loss, abi!...you're probably right about me working tomorrow - you know me too well...maybe some work and some play....

tammy, i bet you won't have to ask hubby twice - unless there's a good sporting event on tv...he's not a golfer, is he?...the master's is on today...haha!

we had the heater on last night when ds and i went for a drive!...

i booked my next trip to nashville - i will be there from monday to friday beginning on the 21st...writing some, recording some...my first trip back in a hotel since i moved out of my apt...hopefully, i will resolve the cycling girls by tuesday - otherwise they are gonna have to wait on me...i have mediations on wednesday and friday this week...
Old 04-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

We are watching the Masters right now. Hope that Bubba wins!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Lol, Tony my husband is a golf NUT! So yes, we are watching the Masters. Though we did take a lovely drive around our peninsula....over to Trump National Golf Course so he could putt a few balls! We did not stop for lunch, but we'll be back there one of these days soon enough!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i knew it!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

running a little behind this morning. Mondays are hard to get moving!

DH and I were glad that Bubba Watson won the Masters.

Tammy and Tony, you congratulated me too quick. The salty rotisserie chicken popped my right back up. lol But I am still in ketosis so the permanent loss will be coming.

Bringing ground beef, black coffee and butter bites for snack and lunch.

Will check back in after work. Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Lol, Tony you're too funny! Do you golf?? I put a picture below of the Trump National where my husband was putting yesterday......it's a shame that he has to suffer on such a poor course!

Abi, That salt is nothing, you'll be back down tomorrow guaranteed!

How's everyone else doing? Everyone survive the weekend?? We had a great weekend here, eating was on plan and I managed to stay out of the bourbon....took some willpower, but I did it! I have some employee issues to contend with today....there are some employee issues that I have ONLY had to deal with in California....I'm calmer now than I was this weekend though....I was pretty hot under the color yesterday. Hey....I think that getting angry as heck at your employees and NOT killing them should count for extra calories burned.....right?!?!!? This rule could also apply to employers and family members as well......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (22.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Tammy, what a beautiful golf course! Sorry about the employee issues!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh jeesh, tammy...that golf course isn't too nice, is it???...a little nicer than the horse's patootie it's named after...hahaha!

sorry about the employee issues - i don't miss that, really, although i did like giving young people their first jobs and teaching them work ethic, etc...what got old was people letting things slip if i wasn't around - made me feel like i had to be there 24/7, which i was! :-)

amadora's here so i will keep this brief...lol...good day - mediation work...no word from the cycling girls, so that's a little disappointing...

abi, how's the wax museum?

marilee, where are you?...i want a full report on the desert!

vicki, hope you are staying strong, girl...

i am worried about lori
Old 04-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here. Crazy day at work.

Have a leak under my sink at home. It's back in the corner where the dishwasher is and my R O system. The plumber is coming tomorrow. I'm hoping it's new and I don't have a mold issue. When I left home this morning, I forgot to turn off the water to the house. So far it's been a slow leak and I hope nothing blew!

Am proud of myself as I stayed on plan this weekend...no pizza, no ice cream, no nothing bad! Like you, Tony, I need to quit messing around.

I have read all of your posts and there are so many newsy things I can't answer them all, but I will say Vicki that I'm happy about the job change.

We need to have a telephone call to get caught up.

Love you all...take care.

Marilee
Old 04-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great to see you, marilee...we all have so much more fun when you are around! :-)
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tony...sweet ride!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang!

Had a wicked tempting day yesterday. The company I work for had a car show on sunday called cars and coffee. They brought all the leftover pasteries and donuts into the break room for us yesterday. As a kid I used to be deathly afraid of shots but finally learned if I didn't look at the needle it would be ok. So when I went to the breakroom at 9, 11 and 2 I just did not look at them and fortunately the person sitting across from me at my table didn't eat any either so I didn't have to look at them either.

Hey Marilee! Good going on the weekend. They are the hardest I know.

Tony, hope you and Amadora had a fun time yesterday!

Ground beef today, black coffee, coconut oil in one cup, butter bites for snacks.

Scale is still doing its dance but I am still in deep ketosis so all is good. Have a great day all!