Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
hello all, sorry I forgot to fill you in on my son. They were allowed to leave the post at 9 that night. He had his military ball last night and had a date, his first one. He posted a pic on FB and they are a cute couple. If I could figure out how to post pics here, I would try and post it. That along with the pic that was taken of me and 3 co-workers. We attended a Social Canvas event tonight and painted a picture of a sunflower. It sure was fun.

Now, about posting a pic: I click the icon above that says insert image and all that comes up is a box that I have to type in a URL. Well, it is saved on my computer and does not have a URL. Suggestions?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Military ball 4.4.14.jpgSocialCanvas4.4.14.jpg

I figured it out.

Last edited by vli1127; 04-04-2014 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 01:57 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Vicki, so nice to see that smiling face of your son that we prayed so hard for! They are a cute couple and you are pretty cute yourself. Love the sunflowers with the blue background. So vibrant! We make a candle called sunflower sunrise.

Tammy, love the new profile picture. Is that your son and husband with you? I agree that the slower I lose the more permanent it will be too. I always want the weight gone yesterday. lol No loss today but no gain. I resisted the cupcakes they brought into the break room yesterday from a birthday party in the office. My will power is returning I hope. Can't wait for some wedding pictures. Boy, where did the time go? April 24th is fast approaching!

Tony, thanks for sharing your life philosophy with us. I can see why your children turned out so well. Having to ponder each day at your family dinner their gift of life and how they used it that day was wonderful! Such a sweet story of how that little boy puppy followed you around and Sara's suggestion that since he picked you that you should pick him. I bet Sara will figure out a way to come back to see Tucker.

Marilee, I hope you are having a nice juicy steak this weekend!

Lori, hope you are doing well. We miss you!

Mindy, jump right in and tell us more about yourself. Hope you were not affected by any of the tornadoes that went through Texas the other night!

Have a great Saturday Blitzers! Ground beef for me today!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:45 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
i think mindy took one look at us and headed for texas hill country!...hahaha!

some mediation work today, then i think i will watch the yankee game this afternoon and relax...dw is of to a science teacher conference in boston and 2 of my boys will be working at the building...not sure what else is happening...

hope everyone has a great day!
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, has everyone else headed for the hills as well???...hahaha!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good evening all!

Vicki, your son looks so handsome in his dress uniform! He and his date make a lovely couple. Love the sunflower pics, they're so vibrant and cheerful.....and call me biased, but I like yours the best!

Abi, Yes that's my Husband and son.....a couple of handsome men if I do say so myself! Good job resisting those cupcakes....that's definitely willpower!

Tony, how was the Yankees game? I do hope you took some time to relax and unwind! So glad to hear that you worked everything out with the spinning girls, you have a great group of businesses filling in your building.

Today has been a blissfully quiet, lazy day....we slept in super late and just hung out watching movies at home. Short of a little grocery shopping I didn't even go anywhere.....I love days like that!

Well it sure is quiet in here, I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, what a nice day for you. As hectic as your weeks are, especially Mondays you deserve some nice relaxing time. Those men of yours are very handsome!

Tony, DH is cooking a pot roast today in the crock pot so you know what that means - two months of eating pot roast every day. lol

I had just cooked up two pounds of ground beef so will portion it out and put in freeze. I would much prefer the pot roast right now.

My weight it being very stubborn this time around. When I went just meat in 2008 I averaged 1/2 pound a day. I think I am having that homeostasis thing going on with water weight filling in for fat weight. I think drinking more water would help but I probably won't do that too consistently knowing me. lol

It is great not having any decisions to make, no counting carbs, no weighing anything.

Have a wonderful day gang!

Last edited by Abigale; 04-06-2014 at 02:50 AM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:06 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tammy.

Today I started off with some cottage cheese and strawberries. Let's hope I can stay on track. Marilee's siggy has the "pick your hard" and I saw it again on FB. I like it.

Tony, how are things on your end with Tucker and your family?

Abi, you do what I do, I make a big batch of something and store it. I cooked a 12 lb turkey on Thursday and today I am making turkey broth in the crock pot. I know we are heading into warmer weather (I hope) so it may seem odd to be making broth for soups.

Lori, please check in. You too Marilee.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, i had a very similar, lazy day yesterday - it was very nice...i didn't even leave the property!

abs, haha on the pot roast!...i couldn't believe how many meals you got out of that other one!...so is your current plan 100% meat?...no eggs, cheese, veggies, anything else?...wow, you are amazing!...can't you eat the pot roast?...

hey vicki, nice breakfast...keep it up!...your boy and his girlfriend do make a good looking couple - maybe they'll give you some pretty grandbabies some day :-)

emmy and sal didn't make it over until later this afternoon, but we had a really nice time...sal's mom and sister joined us at an italian restaurant and amadora was adorable - she giggles now!...i got emmy tickets to a concert this summer to see jennifer nettles, the indigo girls and brandy clark...

my youngest boy and i worked outside in the yard all day...what a mess...i feel like lori with all the fallen tree limbs and debris...and crushed stone from our driveway was all over the street and yard from plowing this winter...we've got a couple of more days before we get it done...

early tomorrow morning, my three boys and i are driving to new york to see the yankees on opening day at yankee stadium...the game's at 1 and we won't be home til later in the evening...

got a call today from a guy who is looking for 1000sf in my building to put in a commercial kitchen for a small bakery...his company makes healthy cookies - gluten free and grain free...i have no idea what they are made of...i will meet with him this week...

this morning, in bare feet, i stepped on a rusty-ish set of ice cleats that someone left on the floor upstairs...i had a tetanus shot when i had surgery, but tonight the bottom of my foot looks a little raw...i'm hoping it's not getting infected which will cause me major problems with my artificial hip...i'll check it in the morning before we head to the game...

have a great day tomorrow kiddies!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 04-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Oh brother Tony, hope that foot injury is better today. Have a great day at the game with your boys! You should have someone take a picture of the four of you at the game. Wonderful memories. The bakery sounds terrific. After everyone works out and spins they can fill up on cookies! lol Our yard looks the same way with branches all over but still clumps of snow around kind of in the way. Maybe by next weekend I can get some clean up done.

Vicki, the cottage cheese and strawberries sound so good. Love the idea of cooking a turkey and using it right down to the broth.

Tony, I will eat the meat of the pot roast and leave the veggies for DH. He won't eat much of the meat hence the reason I end up having to eat it forever. But hey, it is a delicious trade off.

Ground beef for lunch and pot roast meat for dinner. Pork skins for snack and black coffee to drink. Apparently my body likes this weight and does not want to get rid of the fat. I can be patient and out wait it.

Have a great Monday all!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids, Happy Monday!

Tony, what a wonderful day with your boys, I do hope you've enjoyed every moment.....take care of that foot!!!! I have no doubt that you do everything within your power to make Amadora giggle....they're so much fun at that age!

Abi, the pot roast sounds good....I haven't made one of those in ages, I really should!!

Vicki, I know you can stay on track and do this!!! The turkey broth sounds great, I love soup year round, so it doesn't sound weird to me at all!

Well, it's Monday....but I don't have to go to court today....or at all this week, so hopefully we have some sanity!! Have a great day all, I'll check in later.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy - so glad you didn't have to go to court today!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys, had a great day at yankee stadium with my boys and the yankees won the game 4-2...we stopped for dinner at a brazilian bbq place in massachusetts - very good - i'd never had that before...

tammy, happy there's no court in your week, this week...

abs, we still have a few good-sized mounds of snow here too...lots of work left to do...was it a big roast?...i'm trying to calculate how many weeks you'll be eating it!...haha!

the foot isn't really hurting and it looks maybe a bit better today - at least it's not worse...

tucker's feeling better every day...his signature move is to take the leash in his mouth while you are walking him as if to take control and start walking YOU!...haha...well, he hadn't done it since he got sick, but today, emmy came over to babysit him and he took her for a walk! :-)

watching the ncaa championship game with my oldest son...have a great night kids!

Last edited by tony8; 04-07-2014 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, so happy that Tucker is feeling better. DD's dog would go and get the leash when she wanted to go for a walk. Those Golden's are so smart. Glad the foot is doing ok and that you and the boys had a great day at Yankee Stadium. I have never had Brazilian bbq either. Sounds good. I eye balled the roast yesterday after dinner to estimate how many meals I will get out of it. It all depends on if DH has one more meal out of it. I will keep you posted. lol

Well, today is the day I have been dreading. I have only been back to strick eating for less than 2 weeks and the plant is providing pizza and cake at lunch to celebrate the birthdays in April. I feel pretty strong but wish me luck any way.

I will be bringing ground beef.

Have a great day gang!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, pretend you are allergic to the pizza and cake and that if you eat it, it will make you sick...actually, that's not really much of a stretch, right?...

man, i'm hoping this foot isn't infected...debating the gym this morning - i am overdue, but am worrying about pushing the foot...hmmm...

i'll keep y'all posted...haha!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all...

Tony, sorry about your foot. Maybe you should go to the doctor and have them check it out just to be safe.

Having an unusual warm spell today - 94 degrees is forecasted. We should be in the low 80's. Here comes Summer!
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Tony so glad to hear you had such a great day at the ball game with your sons, those types of memories are so precious!! I've never had Brazilian BBQ either, sounds yummy!! Glad to hear Tucker is doing well, he sounds like such a wonderful dog!

Abi, you can stay strong against the pizza and cake! I love Tony's idea, pretend you're allergic to it....that's really not a stretch at all! I also force myself to stop and think...."Is this food really worth cheating for?" 9.9 times out of 10 the answer is NO.

Marilee, 94 already?!?!!? You can keep it! It really seemed the last 5 years or so that the Phoenix summers just got hotter and longer every year!! I have to confess that I have completely become a fair weather person.....I can't stand too much cold or too much heat......guess I'd better stay put in California eh???
Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, i probably will head to the docs if it gets worse or doesn't seem better in a few days...btw, i'll take 94 for a couple of days - send it over here!...maybe i should check with abi first and make sure she's on board, cuz she'll be feeling the heat too... :-)

tammy, if you need nice weather, i think you're in the right place...i like the 4 seasons, but i admit, this winter was a little much...i think we forget about it after a couple of months of nice weather and are ready for a little winter and pretty snow by the holidays - at least some of us are!...haha

i decided to hit the gym - good workout...still working on the comcast debacle and i have more mediation work, so tootaloo for now :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-08-2014 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, i will take at least a couple of 94 days right now. But then it needs to drop to 70 something. I can't take too much high heat. This winter has been the pits though. Sooo very cold day after day. Coming out of work today it actually felt warm. Maybe 60. Felt so good!

We are worried that the foot is not a lot better. We think if it is not better by tomorrow you should go get it checked!

I made it through the pizza and cake. I decided to bring tuna salad for lunch which I like better than ground beef and was perfectly happy. Now tomorrow there will be leftover cake. ugh. But i am ok!

Marilee, did you enjoy the super warm day?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha, abs...it keeps looking a little better each day - don't you think i should let the healing process take place before going to the doc?...
Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I am just thinking about what you said about how it could affect your hip. I am just a worry wart.

Scale is still not budging but not going up either.

I have ground beef packed for lunch and will have pot roast for dinner. It seems to be dwindling faster than usual and DH has eaten 3 nights in a row. I told him he should go for 4!

Have a great day Blitzers! I will check in after work.

Below is a view from the Marina Restaurant we like to gather at. They posted today on FB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marina view April 8.jpg (9.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's a nice view, abs - i really like that place!...thanks for worrying - i'm a worry-wart too, just not about myself!...if i were you, i'd melt cheese over dh pot roast, call it "roast le beef au gratin" and serve it to him til it's gone...haha!

the peep frongs were making a racket last night for the first time...last year, i think they came out in the middle of march...for me, that's the real arrival of spring...supposed to be nice weather all week!

lots of work today...mediation during the day and then meetings at the building at 6:30 tonight...

hope everyone has a great day...
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Abi, that view is stunning....no wonder you like to gather there!!! I like Tony's idea about melting cheese over the roast beef.....that sounds yummy!!

Tony, how's your foot doing?? I would imagine that Spring back east where you and Abi are must be BEAUTIFUL!! I have always wanted to visit New England in the fall.....I have traveled a lot through out the Midwest and the west, but not so much the East coast. I have vague childhood memories of Ohio and Pennsylvania when I loved there....we lived up on Lake Erie, but aside from one business trip to NYC, that's the extent of my east coast travels.

How's everyone else doing??

Everything is good here, I'm slowly undoing the temporary damage that the weekends bourbon dalliance did to my scale......and I managed to avoid Pizza, Frozen Yogurt and more bourbon last night despite my family's dinner decisions....the scale rewarded me ever so slightly this morning by reducing SOME of the weekends gain. The wedding is two weeks from TOMORROW.....so I need to be really good for the next two weeks.....fortunately my dress fits well and emphasizes all the right things while minimizing all the wrong things....but I really need to abstain from ANY alcohol until then.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha, tammy...i was laughing when you were describing what your dress emphasizes...my imagination was running wild too! ;-)

well, i think i finally convinced the dimwits at comcast that they were about to push me to a place they didn't want to push me :-)

busy day - gotta run and get some more work done!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, comcast was messing with the wrong person. I think I hear a country song coming from this experience.

I certainly would consider the cheese sauce over the pot roast to get DH to eat it one more day if I thought I could get away with it. lol

Tammy, suffer away for the next 2 weeks and then have a nice cold bourbon at the wedding reception. You will certainly deserve it and will look very lovely after all your months of towing the line!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, you're funny!!

Abi, you're so sweet!! I'm excited, I ordered a mint green shrug to go with the dress and it came in today....it's matches the shoes PERFECTLY! I tried it on with the dress and the shoes and it all came together beautifully!! The dress I already knew would fit, because I wore it to a Christmas cocktail party in December.....but now that I've lost 30 pounds since then, it fits even better!! Hubby said everything looked fabulous and he was very impressed with the improvement in my dress! I also picked up a ton of Tulle so I can make a petticoat to go under the dress to give it a little flair and another pop of mint green against the black. (Tony & FF....all that detail is really more for the girls, they'll know what I mean)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff is so funny - we've been talking a couple of times a week on the phone...he calls himself "the pest"...haha...

tammy, all guys care about re: women's clothes is how tight they are and how much skin they show...i'm talking about other guys, not me! ;-)

abs, make dh wear a blindfold at dinner and tell him he's eating filet mignon with gravy!...haha!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, your outfit is going to be lovely! You know we are all going to want to see pictures after the wedding! So glad the mint green shrug worked so well!

Tony, you still can't talk FF into getting himself a laptop so he could keep up with us daily? We bought one of those little google chrome things and just log in as guests every day. I think he wouldn't have to worry about getting a virus doing that. It was about $200.00. So light weight but with a big enough screen to see ok.

My weight is still hanging on bouncing up and down afew ounces. I am thinking of dropping the salt temporarily just to see if that is my problem.

Hope you all have a great day! Will check back after work.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, he is sooooo technologically challenged, that even the thought of something like that is scary...i will bring it up next time i talk to him...

i'm afraid to get on the scale but i will face it tomorrow...i have been working out pretty hard and i feel healthy and strong, but big...the muscles are bulking me up under my fat and everything is fitting tighter...i look bigger rather than fatter, but i still have 40-50 lbs. of fat that i've never lost and i need to lose...my chest and arms are huge right now...

lots of work today - i will deal with my weight tomorrow! :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Abi, I swear the scales bounce around SO MUCH MORE for me than they used to in the past.....I hate to say it's an age thing.....but I think it might be an age thing! I try not to let it drive me nuts, but some days are harder than others.

Tony, Lol, you're so funny about women's clothes....and yes between my DH and DS I know exactly what you mean! I have no doubt you'll weigh more because of the muscle, my husband goes through the same thing.....so he tries to avoid the scale. He really shows his muscle gain quickly across his shoulders and chest and he has always had ridiculously huge biceps, so he just keeps working out the way he knows he should and takes his victories off the scale. I have always found that men who work out and add muscle to their frame carry any excess weight much better than women, or men who don't work out....so you're on the right track!

Well kids, off to work!!! have a great day!!!