Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi guys!!

Oh my, I set a new record for sleeping in today.....I have been feeling drained as I've been swamped and stressed at work and that always affects my sleep!! Last night we went to bed by 11:00, and I woke up at 5:30 out of habit. I was so sad because I just wanted more sleep!!! DH was awake too, so we lay there and watched the morning news until about 7:00 then got sleepy again....we slept until 10:30!!!!! OMG do I feel better! So we had breakfast for lunch and just hanging out taking it easy. Maybe we'll take a hike in a bit, we're playing it by ear.

Tony, I think it's awesome that Amadora reaches out for you.....too cute!! Have fun at the party!

Marilee, I think a 46 in TV is plenty big enough.....that's the size we have and I find it just about right.

Vicki, I remember the VBS days, my kids always loved that! I did get your PM and really enjoyed her page....you're right she is a stitch!

Abi, hope you're accomplishing your chores!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
It was all I could do not to switch on the computer at 3:30am with my cup of coffee but I know me and if I want to get some serious work done I have to do it early.

I had a schedule early this morning that I stuck to pretty well. Things always take longer than you think though. I did get another 6th of stacking wood done. I think I am done now and will let DH finish it. Gave the frig, two bathrooms a deep clean and swept and shop vac the dust off the garage floor. We spend alot of time out there when the kids are here. It is cooler, out of the sun and we set up the ping pong table and umbrella chairs out there. Then this afternoon we went to my brother's mother in laws memorial service. I may have mentioned she passed away sort of suddenly while brother and wife were in Israel in April on a Christian tour. So sad. All my brothers and sisters were there with spouses except older sister's DH. It was a lovely service and always nice to hear people tell cute stories about someone you knew but not that well.

Tammy, so glad you got the extra sleep in this morning. Ahhhh

Vicki, hope you get a good reasonable estimate on the trees and they do a good job.

Marilee, lol, I would have to clean my house before I could ever let a cleaning team come in. We have a 32" tv that just fits in a space in the book case unit and it is also a good size for the most part. 46" will be terrific!

Tony, so great that your whole family will all make the trip to NJ to celebrate your sister's wedding anniversary! You are still packing alot in to one day! Great that your buddy won the grilled cheese sandwich contest one year at the strolling of the heifers. We have a friend who manages a sandwich company in florida and I tried to get him to enter a recipe one year but he declined.

Have a great evening Blitzers and see you in the early am!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-21-2014 at 02:22 PM..
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:11 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

Busy day again today. Church, breakfast at the Backside (bacon and eggs), then something going on back at Church at 11:30, stop at the grocery store, stop and visit with my (father in law), and then get some more projects done at home.

Not sure about dinner. As Tony mentioned the weather has been wonderful here in New Hampshire, cool nights and low humidity days. Not sure if we will cook out or not. Somehow standing over a hot grill goes better with hot humid weather. lol

Will check back later to see how everyone is doing today. Have a great Sunday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-22-2014 at 01:13 AM..
Old 06-22-2014, 05:54 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
tammy, i haven't had one of those sleep-in days in awhile...i'd take one today!...we didn't get back from rhode island until after 12:30 and to sleep until almost 2 a.m....hope the rest of your day lived up to its start

it was a fun party...my whole family was there and they took a pic of the original wedding party (10 of the 12 of us were there - only one had died and one was unable to attend)...dw made a huge tray of lasagne - she makes the best lasagna as my mom taught her...haha...it was very loud - i don't know how the baby was as good as she was and she was GOOD...everyone was ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over her

i'm gonna try to mostly take the day off today...have to run to staples to order two banners for the concert and make a quick trip to the building and then i may stop off the butcher shop and pick up something to grill...

abs, i hate bbq-ing when it is humid...hahaha!...althgough i was also thinking about making some chili too...hmmmm...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Tony, so glad the party went well and you were able to see all of those people again. Did you sample some of the lasagna?

Tammy, I can't tell you when I slept in last. Sleeping in for me is until around 630-7. But, it sounds like a very relaxing day for you two. Sounds like you needed it.

Abs, it sounds like your Sunday is geared around your church activities, how nice.

OK you guys. We only have a 35" television and we bought it before moving to this house. It is plenty big for us and that was increased in size from the old tube tv that was only about 7 years old that was 27" maybe LOL

Today is supposed to be our church service in the park under a pavilion. It is still on but the rain is pouring down along with thunder and lightening. DH helped them haul equipment this morning, primarily musical instruments, and the had it all unloaded before the rain started.

There is a pot luck afterwards and I made deviled eggs so I have something to eat. You never know with these things. We are also meeting with a couple of elders which is part of the process when joining. I suspect we will be "presented" to the congregation sometime in the coming weeks.

Yesterday I was really hungry all day physically. I CAN tell the difference too LOL between head hunger and physical hunger. I went over my calorie goal for the day. My goal is 1300 but I typically stay around 1100-1200. Yesterday was 1453 oh well. I did indulge in a BPC, that is my weekend treat and the extra cals came from veggies and meat and fat. I am ok with it too.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 06-22-2014 at 08:04 AM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi vicki, i had a small piece of lasagna...it's one of my favorites...nibbled on the noodles but left most of that...i completely avoided the pizza and other carby stuff including all the desserts...

sounds like you are doing great on your woe!...way to go, vicki!

after work, my youngest ds and his gf went over to play cards with emmy and sal tonight...told him to kiss the baby for me! :-)

abs, i threw a rack of baby back ribs on the grill tonight - just me and dw here...yum.

Last edited by tony8; 06-22-2014 at 06:40 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Duplicate post, sorry

Last edited by Abigale; 06-23-2014 at 02:35 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

We have to stop meeting like this. lol

Last edited by Abigale; 06-23-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we ended up cooking out rib eyes last night and I have leftovers for lunch today and tomorrow. So good. Hope you will post your family photo from the anniversary party when you get a chance.

Marilee, how did you enjoy that new tv over the weekend?

Tammy, did you get a hike in yesterday?

Vicki, hope the rain stopped so you ended up having a nice out door service!

Need to get some things done before heading out. Will check back after work. Have a great day blitzers!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

The service went well despite some rain. The potluck was overrun with the usual stuff but, there were smoked boneless chops, cukes and onions and tomatoes so I did ok.

I walked this morning trying some intervals and I am a bit sore. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Today and tomorrow I am going to work along with a few others to get LEAN. Reorganizing the storage closet, classrooms, office and computer.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Abs, the TV is on order and hasn't been installed yet. I'll keep you posted. I did get the HD DVR so I'm ready whenever.

Not much going on. Tony and Abs and Vicki, it sounds like you had some good eating this weekend. I think I'll have chicken tonight for dinner with a nice salad with tomatoes and onions and lettuce.
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Quick check in as it's the beginning of a VERY BUSY Monday here......honestly the weekend went by so quickly!!

Marilee, you're going to love that TV......so fun!!

Abi, no we didn't hike yesterday, we went to Redondo beach and played instead.....it was so much fun!!

Vicki, I love church potlucks.....my favorite "Iowa" dish from the years we lived there was chicken & noodles.....never in my life have I seen homemade chicken and noodles served over a bed of mashed of potatoes.....only in Iowa.....talk about COMFORT FOOD!

Tony, You avoided dessert??? You're a strong man!! I caved yesterday and had a small piece of apple pie with a tiny bit of butter pecan ice cream.....It was SOOOO GOOD.....and I'm still in ketosis this morning, go figure!

Well kids, have a fabulous Monday, I'll check in later!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG, Tammy. I love Redondo Beach!!!! I have a lot of fond memories. Sure miss being a Californian, but I probably couldn't afford to live there the way I live here so I'm thankful.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, i'm coming to your house for dinner!

abi, the ribeyes sound yummy too!...so are you all set for the kids?...unfortunately, i didn't take any photos at the party :-(

vicki, you're doing great - keep it up!...please keep the rain out there...we are having an absolutely perfect stretch of weather here - upper 70s and low 80s, sunny and dry every day...

tammy, your dessert sounds well worth the digression!...so what did you guys do on the beach?

mediation this morning and lots of work preparing for saturday's concert...it should be fun, but it takes a lot of preparation...my boys are doing a lot of work...

amadora is 6 months old today so we are having a 1/2 party...haha...emmy is bringing her over for dinner...and i will have a small piece of her ice cream cake, tammy! :-)

hope everyone is having a great monday!...tammy, don't get too stressed out!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cute 1/2 birthday party tonight...she had so much fun...dw picked her up some new little toys that she loved and we let her use her hands to mash up some ice cream cake...she only licked a little off her fingers as i had just given her some applesauce...she was finger-painting with the ice cream all over the table and all over grandpa!...i think she liked the new sensation of cold on her hands...

she is so curious about everything now...she LOVES music just like i did when i was a baby...she and i watch country music videos and dance and sing...she loves strumming the guitar and striking the piano keys and when she does, we all clap and cheer, so she hits the keys again and then looks over to see our reaction...she stops and waits for the accolades - too funny - and then does it again...

made chili tonight with beef and bison - it was slow-cooked all afternoon in the crockpot and was DELICIOUS...

i did try the ice cream cake but less than one big forkful...

gotta see the doc tomorrow and this is a new one as my other doc left the practice after 11 years and i don't know where she went...if i can't train this one, i'll have to start looking for a new doc...i'm gonna tell her that once a year is plenty to come in...wish me luck! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 06-23-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, maybe when they send you a copy of the original wedding party you can scan it and then post it? I can just see Amadora performing for the family and looking to see if you are all going to cheer and clap for her. So cute!

Vicki is the getting LEAN a special workout program? Glad your service and pot luck went well even with the rain and the smoked pork chops sound delicious!

Tammy, playing on the beach sounds wonderful! It is good just to have some relaxing fun now and then.

Marilee, hope your tv comes in soon! I would love to dvr some shows to watch earlier in the evening. We watch on demand alot but so often we start to watch a show we have already seen before. lol

Leftover steak again today. I don't even heat it in the microwave. It was cooked pretty rare and that's the way I like it.

Have a great day gang!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:19 AM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, you are shaping Amadora into a future musician just like grandpa. Is her mom or dad musically inclined? How about any of your other kids?

Tammy, I love chicken and noodles over mashed taters. Carb heaven LOL. Can do it with shiritake noodles and mashed cauli too.

Abs, LEAN doesn't have anything to do with exercise. Well, unless you call moving boxes, cleaning etc. exercise LOL. Basically it is a way to organize your physical space so that employees can be more productive. Labeling, downsizing, reducing etc. For example, our shelves are now labeled and tape is used to create the space. There is a space labeled "dressings". Then the Rubbermaid container that has the dressings in it also has the same label. That way, whoever removes the container or returns it to the closet knows exactly where it goes. The floor was taped and labeled for carts so they aren't just shoved back into the closet creating a mess.

We will finish the closet today and move to our office and eventually to the computer files. The concept is all in reducing the time it takes to find things etc. thus leading to more efficient use of time and energy.

Unfortunately, we have one person who is NOT on board with this, our lab coordinator. When the previous director was here and that position was originally created, that person was allowed full control over the lab supplies and ordering. Thus, the closet was her domain. Well, we have a new director and things have changed that the job description has changed and we are focusing more on team work.

She won't be the only one in the closet. She was given many opportunities for input into this LEAN process from voicing her opinion concerning dates for the process and suggestions etc. She chose to take her mandatory vacation which included yesterday and today. Prior to going on vacation she "labeled" and "reorganized" the closet and all of that was pretty much undone yesterday.

She has not been a team player anyways and the director is making note of this. She and the other person with the same title on another campus were also made aware of significant changes in their job description, salary etc. just recently. Part of it has to do with budget, but a majority has to do with our accreditation and what they had been doing previous which was NOT allowed. Therefore, in order to prevent loss of accreditation, changes needed to be made. Neither one of them is happy and the other person hired a lawyer. We will see what happens.

We hope that the person on our campus will get mad enough to quit. She has been a thorn in our sides for several years but the previous director didn't follow through with any complaints that were submitted. They also need to take a look at how they evaluate her and who does the evaluating. The director is on a different campus and that is the person doing her evaluation which doesn't make sense when they aren't directly working with each other.

I walked yesterday before going in to work and had 7000 steps. After all of the work that we did yesterday which included downsizing the textbooks that we have accumulated etc. I racked up over 16000 steps by the end of the day. WHEW.

Well, off to work. TTYL
Old 06-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tony, I can just imagine Amadora painting you with ice cream.....it is amazing what we will endure to see our babies happy! The 1/2 birthday was such a cute idea, I'm glad you all had a great time. When we go to the beach the guys throw the football around while DD and I hang on the sand and relax or walk in the surf. The kids like to body board....I'm not so adventurous.

Abi, I'm craving steak now, a nice juicy ribeye sounds SOOOOO good!

Marilee, the cost of living here is INSANE......the fact that I'm in property management and we live on-site is the only thing that really makes this feasible right now. We sure do love it here though, hard to beat the scenery and the weather!!

Vicki, There's always one person in every work environment who makes things more challenging for everyone.....And when nothing's been done to address the issues by those in power it only empowers that one person to be even more difficult! It will be very interesting to see how things turn out with the attorney involved.....it's amazing to me how litigious our society has become.

Well kids, all is well here, yesterday was super busy but I accomplished TONS!!! I have another busy day today prepping for a lender visit for the investors. Nothing unusual, just a little extra stress.....just in case we didn't have enough!

Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, it really was cute seeing her anticipate applause...if i ever get photos from the party, i will post some...

vicki, 16,000 steps???...wow!...that's impressive and probably my month's worth of steps...btw, all my kids play either piano, guitar or both...they grew up surrounded by it as amadora will...

tammy, that does sound like fun on the beach...sounds like you have a great situation with housing and your location...we are so happy to be getting a week of the weather you have almost all year long! :-)

marilee, how was your monday?

got some news tonight...emmy and sal and amadora are moving into their own apartment near where he works...they have been living with his mom and two siblings...it's no closer to us, but no farther away...em says it's tiny and more like an in-law apt up over a garage and part of this woman's house...we didn't even know they were looking...

they're very excited and so are we - we are happy they don't have laundry there...em told sal she'd have to find a laundromat and he said, you should just do it at your parents' house - they would love having you do it there!...haha

busy at the building and with mediation stuff today and will be crazy the rest of the week...

hope everyone has a great hump day! :-)
Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, that is a terrific way to have everything organized - a place for everything and everything in its place. It is so inefficient to be spending time looking for things. Hope your co worker gets a better attitude quick!

Tony, don't you hope Emmy and Sal never get their own washer and drier! lol How many people do you expect to come to the concert? What is the weather prediction for Saturday night? What a great thing to provide for the area!

Tammy, terrific you can live on site and all the amenities are probably available to you too? pool, weight room etc. ?

Marilee, how is your week going?

posts 38 and 39 of this link is the Time article about eating butter Time Magazine: Eat Butter

We bought a bag of salad mix to go with our steak on Sunday so I am bringing the rest of the bag for lunch today. It goes bad so quickly. Will bring pork skins for on the side.

Have a great day folks!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-25-2014 at 01:29 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

It sure felt good to purge. I think that is what the rest of my coworkers think too that were involved with the reorganization. We do have a fear that the person who wasn't on board with this will return from vacation and sabotage it. We have the before and after pics to prove our hard work though.

Today, going over to mom's to strip wallpaper. I didn't sleep well last night so I am not sure how long I will last LOL. Dad thinks she bit off more than she can chew and that the project is going to turn into a big ordeal. It's wallpaper in their kitchen. They are remodeling and already have new cupboards in. Counter top is going to be installed soon and then the back splash. FYI, they are having Lowe's do the work but there is a contractor for each separate thing. So one can't even measure until the previous person is done with their part. So, that leads to what I think, quite a bit of time between phases. The cupboards were put in about 3 weeks ago. But, the contractor that does the counter is a different person and wouldn't measure until the cupboards were in. Now, the back splash person can't measure until the counter tops are place. So, a project that would take a general contractor is taking 3 times as long when dealing with a Big Box Store.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning! I'm so excited. I got a call yesterday and they have my TV and are going to install it today with all the other pieces today! I'm leaving work at 10. Can't wait.

I haven't been weighing because I find the scale to be very disheartening. I am noticing my stomach is flatter. I seem to lose the tummy area under the boobs (sorry Tony) first and it is flatter. I sure wish I would lose the "trays" on my hips first

Oddly enough, I've been craving tuna, so tonight I will mix up a can with mayo, onions, etc. and have it on top of fresh, crisp lettuce and tomatos. Yummy!

Have a great day all.

Marilee
Old 06-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!

Tony, Sal is a very smart guy!! My DD has a laundry room on site at their community and she still prefers to drive an hour one way every week to do her laundry at our place and hang out!

Abi, We do have use of the pool and Jacuzzi and will have use of the fitness center once we get it built. We don't use the pool and Jacuzzi because if I did people would want to give me work orders or ask me about their rent, etc. And for most folks seeing me out on the property is kind of like seeing your teacher in public when you're a kid....strange and awkward.

Vicki, we did cleaning and purging here at work yesterday too.....oh my it took most of the day, but our office downright sparkles and is so much more organized now!!

Marilee, how exciting about the TV being installed today.....you will have to take pictures and send us of your new set up!!

Well the lender should be here soon for our annual inspection, we're ready so it should go well....wish me luck!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck, tammy!...it's hard to be in a position of authority and mingle with your peeps :-) that is so sweet that your dd still visits to do her laundry...

vicki, sounds like the momentum to organize things at work will sweep away anyone who fights it...haha...how did the wallpaper project go?

abi, i always buy those bags of salad too and they do go bad pretty soon after you open them...it seems to last longer if i put it in a storage container once i open the bag...not sure on a head-count yet for the show...i'd guess close to 200, which will be nice...my tenants will be there at tables giving out brochures and meeting folks and i am hiring the ice cream stand next door to scoop free ice cream for folks who come...the music will be awesome so it should be fun!

on the way to dover to rent a keyboard, i stopped by emmy's and got some hugs and kisses from a cute little person and her mom...

lots to do before saturday and my buddy flies in friday night and back out on sunday...i may be a bit scarce, but i will try to post daily!

have a great thursday guys!

marilee, you have me craving tuna now...can't wait to hear all about the new entertainment set-up!
Old 06-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, how was your evening watching the big new tv? They will have to come and drag you to work this morning.

Tammy, I can see how using the extra perks at the complex could be awkward with people complaining about things etc. So nice your DD likes hanging out with you and will use doing her laundry as an excuse.

Vicki, stripping wallpaper can really be the pits. I have done my share of it so know sometimes it can be really difficult. Hope it went well at your folks. Their kitchen is going to be beautiful when it is finally done. They will enjoy it so much.

Tony, how many song writers are you having perform. Would we recognize any of the songs they have written? Wonderful that your building tenents will be helping out. I bet they will have people sign up down the road for memberships. Can't imagine who the cute little person you might have gotten some hugs from yesterday at Emmy's.

My brother and sister in law are having a wonderful time in Ireland and are sending 5 or 6 photos each night. Houses with thatched roofs with roses growing over them, a pharmacy painted red with two doors. Over one it says Ryan and over the other it says Kennedy. Both family names.

Last night he sent this photo of a sheep. I told him it would be a great subject for one of his paintings!

Cooking hard boiled eggs for egg salad for lunch today.

Have a great day blitzers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sheep in Ireland.jpg (31.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi abs, one songwriter performing...he played with john fogerty (of CCR) for five years on the road recently and has written 4 songs on trace adkins new CD...he is a good friend and co-writer and will be performing one of the songs we wrote together earlier this year...that will be fun...very talented guy!

the sheep photo is awesome!...so when do the kids arrive?...you must be sooooo excited!
Old 06-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

two examples of why i talk about a baby in almost every post...haha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 month bday party eating bib.jpg (24.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 6 months sitting in flowers.jpg (37.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tony that baby is just about the cutest thing EVER!!! Those cheeks are sooooo kissable!! You know some pretty cool people in the industry, I love Trace Adkins....I think he's ridiculously talented.

Abi, that is a GREAT picture of the sheep, that would make for a wonderful piece for your brother to work on!! I have always wanted to go to Ireland...and Scotland. My husband is of Scottish descent, so we've always thought it would be fabulous one day to go to both countries.

Marilee, how's that new TV????

Vicki, I hate wallpaper....it's SO MUCH WORK....and just about the time you get it up it's no longer in style. Stripping it though is great exercise....you'll definitely burn some extra calories!

Well, we're almost to the weekend....today should be a nice quiet day as my reg. mgr decided to take the day off! (hallelujah!) We walked last night at redondo beach for an hour!! We walked on the path along the edge of the beach for nearly a mile and a half, then on the way back we took off our shoes and walked in the surf.....walking a mile and a half on the sand is A LOT of work!! It was so nice though......we decided that we definitely need to do more of that!

Well, off to work....have a great day!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the new system installed. I have to get to work so I'll touch base later. Excuse the clutter - he was still setting up. Also don't have TV set to HD channel, but you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My New SYstem.jpg (43.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, looks good.

I agree, wall paper removal is a lot of exercise. Up and down the ladder and constant arm work. When I ate lunch I used my left hand because my right hand was very tired from holding the scraper. I tried switching hands, but that doesn't always work so well.

In the long run, it was all for not. The wallpaper didn't remove well at all and actually it was so stuck that it removed some of the outer layer of the dry wall. We tried the ammonia and hot water treatment along with removing the vinyl layer and then scoring the paper.

Mom called the hardware store for names of people that do papering and painting and a very nice young couple came out to see what damages we caused. Long story short, 1/4" drywall over the top and painted. They are also going to do the back splash for them instead of Lowe's. All they have to do is buy the materials and the couple will do the work.

Today was run-errand-day. I just got home about half an hour ago. BTW, it costs $50 to have a lock smith retrieve the keys from your vehicle. Police around here don't do it anymore I found out, due to liability. I will see if insurance covers the fee. I stopped the van at Kmart and had to make a call on my phone. After ending the call I opened the door and locked it without removing keys from column.