Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, i think fruit is a healthy choice...for some reason, i never desire to eat too much so i eat it everyday but in small quantities...

well, i did make the trip to RI and visited the cemetaries...i felt better on the drive home...then went to the building to do a bit of work and then home to see the kids who were gathered here...i've been holding amadora for hours - i really missed her...

my oldest son did the grilling and we had steak tips and marinated chicken...all the kids except sarah, and the in-laws are staying here tonight and we will all be going to our youngest boys' graduation tomorrow afternoon...

hope everyone had a great day!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 02:39 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Running a little late as usual for a Monday. Need to still get a few chores done before heading out. Just made egg salad to take for lunch. We ended up grilling chicken legs yesterday and I did make DH his asparagus casserole. He loved it and he is pretty picky so I was glad for that.

My brother from Georgia will be coming down from Lake Winnesquam this week so I am sure there will be a get together at the Marina.

Tony, glad you made the trip to the cemetary. I have gone to ours in Brattleboro lately to check on the flowers and am always glad I made the time.

3 of the grandkids posted pictures of themselves - two as just born babies and one as a 3 year old with their Dad holding them. Boy, that sure brought back some great memories! I thought that was so sweet of them.

Have a great day Blitzers! Will check back after work.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning all!!

Tony, those are lovely graduation gifts....Abi is right, no one can ever call you stingy!! So glad you had a chance to visit the cemeteries, Holidays can be very bittersweet when you miss the ones you love. Fortunately Amadora was right there to snuggle with you when you got back!!

Abi, Asparagus casserole sounds yummy....I love asparagus!! Your children are very sweet, it's always nice to see our kids take time to show love and appreciation isn't it??? I appreciate it when they remember me on Mothers day, but somehow it means more to me when they honor their father on his day!!

Marilee, I love summer fruit....I am so darn carb and sugar sensitive that I really have to stay away from it though......which is tough because the grocery store has had peaches and plums EVERYWHERE and those are my favorites!! I do indulge in a few strawberries with cream cheese though and that helps keep me sane when I really want fruit.

We had a great weekend, spent a few hours at the beach, then had a wonderful lunch at our favorite little Mexican place....it's become our go-to for family events.

I weighed this morning and was ecstatic to be at 203!!! DH swears I have absolute tunnel vision right now on getting below 200! Truth be told, I DO....My MIL and her DH are flying out to visit in July and she asked if we could do a family portrait!!! The last time we did one with them DD was 2!!! So we're going to hire the same photographer who did the wedding in April and do more photos.....I want to lose as much as possible between now and July 12!!!!

Well kids, it's Monday, so I'm off to work....everyone have a GREAT day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, you are so close to that under 200 goal and now that you have that added incentive of the family portrait in July we know you are going to do it!

Got an e-mail from DD last night saying they may get to leave for their trip to see us a little earlier. Son in law's sister was going to come to see them as she had business in Missouri but may reschedule. We were only going to be able to have them here for 3 days and now it may be 5!! Sooo excited!

tuna and pork skins today. Forgot to bring the pork skins yesterday and the egg salad was a little blah without the crunch. Won't let that happen again.

Have a great day blitzers!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #365
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
While we were in MPLS over the weekend we toured the Mill City Museum. MPLS was once the flour capital of the world. I felt like a traitor in the museum with wheat information all around. Buisquik, Betty Crocker and Poppin' Fresh all had exhibits. There was even a tasting lab where brownies were being served. YIKES
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Abi, how wonderful that the kids may get to stay for 5 days!! I know how precious every moment you get it and I have no doubt that you'll have a wonderful time.....and probably spoil those grandkids just a tad!

Vicki, I didn't know that about MPLS.....Brownies?!??! OMG just the smell of baking brownies does me in......might be one of the best things on earth!

Tony, you must be a busy man!

Things are good here, I survived Monday....I'm so busy these days, I'm down 2 people, one Maintenance Supervisor and 1 leasing consultant, so I'm interviewing like crazy......it is SO HARD to find good people, So. Cal is a VERY different place!! I've hired people in Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona.....never had the type of staffing challenges I have here. Oh well, the good news is that when I'm this busy I don't get much time to sit around and think about being hungry or mindlessly nibble on food.

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

computer problems this morning
Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys, sorry i've been mia...son graduated on monday and we had a house full til last night...emmy, sal and amadora and the in-laws and all three sons were here...very nice...been doing well eating-wise...forgot to weigh on friday but will do it today...

have to run to the gym and then for bloodwork in anticipation of a doc's appt. next tuesday that i am dreading...

busy with mediations and the building too...

abi, i hope you get the 5 days with your dd and the grandchildren...it's gonna be GREAT!

tammy, i am so proud of you being so close to 1derland...let me know how it feels when you get there...i was at 202 a few years ago and never made it, but I WILL MAKE IT this year...haha...i haven't been under 200 since 1989...

vicki, great job avoiding the wheat!...haha...

where's marilee???

have a great day, kids!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Abi, sorry you're having computer problems!! It's always kind of scary to me how much we rely on technology....then suddenly when it's not working we wonder how we'll survive.....I know my job would be a million times harder without my computer and the internet, and I'm not even in a remotely technical field!!

Tony, so glad you had such a great time with all the family. Family is definitely priority one!! I'm sure you got some great quality snuggle time with Amadora! I'll let you know all about Onederland....I'm knocking on the door....this morning I weighed in at 201.8!!!!

Vicki, Marilee how are you girls doing???

Well, all is great here.....eating and walking on plan....hyper focused right now!! The kids were out yesterday and I managed to avoid the pancakes they all had for breakfast, the Coldstone Ice cream they had after going to the beach and the apple pie they had after dinner.....little brats that they are! I do vaguely recall what it was like to be that young and eat like that and never have to worry about gaining weight.......vaguely!

Well, happy hump day!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

230.2...down .4 lbs...as the snail moves lower...haha
Old 06-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

We had a thunderstorm around 2am this morning and had the loudest crash of thunder I have ever heard. It sounded like a bomb going off! Needless to say it made our computers quit working and it took me most of my time this morning trying to reset everything.

Will be back early in the morning. Have good evening everyone!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Marilee's here. It's been a busy week. I'm leaving early today to meet with a company that sells and installs entertainment systems. I have an old box TV and sound system and I think it's time to upgrade.

I've been reading posts, but haven't had time to respond. I promise I'll be better.

TTYL
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, get yourself a nice big HDTV flatscreen (no less than 42-inches...haha) with surround sound or at least a sound bar...you'll never get out of that chair!

tammy, i can't believe you didn't cave on the coldstone!...good for you!...i still don't know why i sabotaged myself when i was so close to 1derland...and here i am at 230, three years later!

saw a former employee at staples today - she hadn't seen me in 3 years and said, "you've lost a lot of weight" which i appreciated but really isn't accurate...i think i have redistributed it though, and that is what people are noticing...
Old 06-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
marilee, get yourself a nice big HDTV flatscreen (no less than 42-inches...haha) with surround sound or at least a sound bar...you'll never get out of that chair!
That's the plan!
Old 06-19-2014, 02:39 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, you will so enjoy the new tv and sound system!

Tammy, could you pass some of your will power around here? I sure could use some.

Tony, I wish I weighed what I did a year ago. I would be happy.

We are meeting at the marina tonight to visit with brother and sister in law who are down from the lake. I think there will be 8 of us. I will have my usual ceasar salad and glass of red wine.

Tuna salad and pork skins packed for lunch.

Have a good one Blitzers!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #376
Blabbermouth!!!

Still here doing ok. On plan. We just had estimates to have two trees trimmed; a silver maple and an ash that are close to the house and never been trimmed. $3300 yikes. But, they wouldn't have to be trimmed for about 8 years. We have had some storms and I would hate to have a branch fall on the house.

Tony, it is a snails pace, at least it is going in the right direction.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tony, down is down......even at a snails pace!! It's certainly better than UP!!

Marilee, A new TV and sound system, how fun!!!! You will LOVE the quality improvements with the new HDTV's!

Abi, that storm must have been a doozie! Ceasar salad and a glass of wine sounds really nice......hmmmmm....might be on my dinner menu tonight too!!

Vicki, that is a lot of money for trimming 2 trees!! I feel for you though, we trim our trees at the communities here every year to year and a half.....we just spent well over $60,000 of trimming trees!!!

Things are good here, we walked 2 miles again last night.....it was the easier trail, but it's a better trail to walk when we have lots to talk about.....our other trail is to strenuous to carry on lengthy conversations! It should be a busy day, I have a couple of interviews lined up for my open positions.....hopefully they're good ones!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

tammy, enjoyable hikes are better than hikes you get tired of doing, and then quit...hahaha...good luck finding some good help today...

abs, have fun at the marina...sounds like a fun time...you're not too far away from where you were last year, right...maybe one good month worth of losses...as the hot weather comes, i think it gets easier to stay on plan...

marilee, i can't wait to hear what you choose for a system...get me all the details...haha

vicki, that sounds ridiculously expensive...have you shopped around?...i had a crew here for a full day with a crane and 4 men for $1500...fully insured and they were excellent and in addition to trimming back trees, they took down 4 or 5 100-footers

had a great workout at the gym yesterday...lots of work now, preparing for the concert at the building next week...feeling good and eating well...

i want to drop a couple of more pounds before my doc's appt next tuesday...

hope y'all have a great day!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
marilee, i can't wait to hear what you choose for a system...get me all the details...haha
50" Samsung HDTV; 240 hrz; blue ray; surround sound

Yea!

Tomorrow will be a better day for me to log on and actually say something!

TTFN
Old 06-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

omg, marilee...that's an AWESOME setup!...you're gonna LOVE IT!

emmy and amadora came by this afternoon and stayed til just now...i had a flexible day, so i did the work i could do from home and will have to work a longer day tomorrow...the baby swam, played guitar, piano, went for a walk, watched chipmunks, birds, butterfies and bees in the yard, ate some peas, bananas, cherries and a couple of licks of a fudgcicle, danced and napped with grandpa

gym in the morning, then a long day!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

We had a great time last night at the restaurant. There ended up being 11 of us! I did end up having the ceasar salad. I guess when we all get together I don't want to eat anything complicated or messy and spend my time chatting and listening to everyone.

So glad it is Friday! I do have a long list of things to get done tomorrow morning and may tell myself I can't get on the computer until most of them are done. Sort of the dangling the carrot in front of the horse - lol

Marilee, your new tv set up sounds terrific! We know you are going to love it!

Vicki, I know what you mean about worrying about a tree falling on your house. When that lightning struck near us the other night the first thing I did was look out the window to see if maybe a tree in our yard might have been struck.

Tony, what a lovely day you had with Emmy and Amadora! It was worth having the long day today!

Boy time flies and I still have things to do around here before leaving for work.

Egg salad and pork skins today!

Have a wonderful Friday Blitzers! Hope FF is staying near his air conditioner!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

No rain in the forecast today, yahoo.

Marilee, how is the exercising going?

I found another FB page that is very supportive. Boy, does she tell it like it is. She expects people to figure out their own body and what they can eat and exercise. She hates it when people keep asking what she is eating and what products she uses. And what a comedian and she is a Christian.

Fun, fun,
Old 06-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF!!!!

11 people at dinner? Abi, I bet you had a blast! I love it when people who like to have fun get together.

Vicki, I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't started exercising yet. Can you email me the name of the lady/fb page you referred to? Thanks! I hope you can find a better deal for cutting down your trees. I agree that $3,000 sounds a bit steep. Of course, we can't see the trees and how much is involved.

Tammy, you are so good at exercising and staying faithful to your plan. I need you to rub off on me.

Tony, Amadora did a lot yesterday....I bet she had a good nights rest. I'm so thankful that your family lives close enough to you that you can have these nice visits. I miss being out here with no family near by. It's a drag!

My DS and her SO returned last night from a nice, long trip to Seattle and other cities in the area. They had a blast and I so enjoyed the pictures she sent from their outings. They drove through the city I used to work in and the one I used to live in (they are connected and on the way to Canada). That's where I started working with the company I am with.

My "new" eating plan is "evolving". I am still going to be somewhat LC - I have to be for my body - but I am going to incorporate a piece of fruit each day. That will be the high carb portion of the day. Breakfast will be eggs, or a shake. Since lunch is a pain, I'm drinking a protein shake with the fruit for snack (before 3PM). Then dinner will be a nice protein - chicken, steak, pork, fish, etc. and yummy vegetables and a salad.

It's going to be 110 today, tomorrow and Sunday. Very fitting for today being the first day of Summer.

Tony, I almost called you the other day, just to say "hi", but I didn't want to bug you. Please tell ff we miss him and hope he is doing well.

Need to get to work. TTFN

Marilee
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Abi, 11 for dinner?? How fun!!! I know what you mean about the salad being easy and uncomplicated....every time we go to our Mexican restaurant I get the same salad....it's absolutely wonderful, very tasty....but I don't even have to think about it, I can just enjoy the family. It's so funny because I walk in the manager doesn't even take my order, he just brings me the salad....poor guy would faint if I changed now!

Tony, what a fun day you had! Amadora is at the wonderful stage where she's starting to explore everything.....Its such a great time because you can see thing the wonder in their eyes over everything!!

Vicki, you'll have to send me that FB page info too....I'd love to check it out!

Marilee, maybe with your new TV set up you should get some new exercise DVD's to have fun with!! I think your eating plan sounds good, very do-able!

Well yesterday my maintenance supervisor gave his two weeks notice.....now I have to fill 3 spots. I have never had such staffing issues in Arizona or Colorado.....but let me tell you it is a real carousel in California!!

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? More of the usual here, groceries, laundry, hiking.....now I'm craving a salad.....guess I know what's for lunch!

TGIF everyone!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee and Tammy, I will pm you through FB with the info. Marilee, the free you tube videos I will send you links.

We may not escape rain today. Clouds are moving in and we are under a Tstorm watch until 11. Other places in the country aren't faring so well.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

marilee, you can call me anytime...you're not be bothering me - love to hear from you...i spoke to ff last week and he was doing well...he thought he would make it to the library and computer by now, but i guess not!...i think your "evolving" plan sounds sensible...

we are enjoying a stretch of perfect weather in new england - 70s and 80s and dry and sunny every day!...supposed to continue all weekend too!

tammy, you're right about the baby - her eyes get big every time she sees something new and i make sure that happens every five minutes...haha...employee issues is the thing i miss the LEAST about my lumber yard and i think our average employee had been with us 18 years...

abs, your night out sounds like so much fun...i'm gonna crash one of your parties someday!...haha...i just found out tonight that my buddy's catering company won the best grilled cheese in vermont during the running of the heifers thingy one year...

busy but nice day today as my youngest son worked with me all day...and we worked for awhile with my second son for awhile...no amadora, but i think i will see her tomorrow...

dw, me and some of my kids are headed to a 30th anniversary party for my sister and her hubby in rhode island tomorrow evening and i think emmy and her family may be coming...i think my three boys and their gfs will too and some of them may drive down with us...

hope everyone has a great friday night!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

abi must be doing her work before she allows herself to log in...haha...go abi!!!!

off to the gym and then work before stopping by a former employee's college graduation party on the way to rhode island...gonna be a full day, but if i see that baby, it's gonna be great...

did i tell you guys that she is now at the age that she reaches out and leans over when she wants to go to someone and dw is not too happy that every time i walk by she reaches out to me...haha!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, that is neat that Amadora reaches out for you. I bet it does tick off your DW.

Marilee and Tammy, I sent you a pm through FB and Marilee I sent you an email with exercise links.

We are getting more estimates for trees. Last fall we had 3 estimates and they were at least half of what this estimate was. The difference may be that the fall estimates didn't say if they were taking off of the top of the trees in addition to taking off lower limbs and dead stuff (including hauling off and clean up). I have a different person coming on Tuesday and I have called one of the 3 from last fall to re-estimate.

This past week I have been helping out with our church's VBS. I signed up to help serve the lunch. The church is also having a garage sale next weekend and I helped sort and set up too. Tomorrow we are having our service outside at a shelter with a pot luck following. I am not sure what to make yet. I am thinking deviled eggs.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 06-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Straightening up so the housecleaners can clean

Tony, I got out a measuring stick and I'm going to get a 46" TV instead of a
50". The comfy chair isn't that far away and I don't want distortion. Nothing worse than sitting in the front row at a movie theater.

I'll drop by later. The cleaners are here.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

46" will be great, marilee...we have a 42" in the living room as we sit pretty close to it and i think we have a 50" in the family/game room in the basement as we sit further away...good choice!

went to the dump to unload the junk i took from the building yesterday and then hit the gym and had a great workout...then it was home for 30 minutes in the hot tub and about 30 minutes of swimming in the pool...now i'm gonna take a 20 minute nap and then we will head to ri...we may not be back until well after midnight, hence, the nap! :-)

my two older boys are driving themselves down there and the youngest ds, emmy, sal and amadora are meeting us in a restaurant parking lot in massachusetts and then driving down with us...we will stop by the other grad party before meeting them

hope everyone has a great saturday!