Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, hurray for feeling thinner! How are things in Nashville?

Tammy, I am never too busy to eat and that is my problem!! I would love to get back to seeing a loss every day on the scale.

Need to get on the road. Have a great day Blitzers!

egg salad and pork skins for me today.
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
Things are okay here, abs...writing today, trying to finish a song we started 6 weeks ago...the car selling thing is a bit dicey...met with 2 people last night who both liked it...one was a dealer who offered me $200 more than I was asking, and I guess he already had a buyer for it, but he wanted me to leave the title blank...kinda shady so I didn't do it

The other is supposed to call me back as he would be buying it for his son...

If I don't sell it this trip, my buddy said I can leave it at his house...

Tammy, u not only are losing weight, that exercise is making you healthier by the day!

Eating on plan here...want to get to the 220s by next Friday...

Have a great day kids!...

Marilee, how is the vaca?

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning!!

Abi, your consistency amazes me!!! You are so focused and on track with eating the right things.....you really encourage me to stick with this!

Tony, hopefully you sell the car this trip! Good for you for staying on plan while traveling....that can be such a challenge!

Everything is still good here....food is on plan, we got in a GREAT hike last night. We are really starting to push ourselves to go further, explore new trails....we are really enjoying it! It gives us time to be together, enjoy the gorgeous scenery AND work on our health....I mean really, you just can't get any better than that!

Well the next few days are going to be busy....end of the month/first of the month everyone starts paying rent....off to work I go!

Have a great day everyone!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

tammy, what do you guys talk about on those hikes?...haha

had fajitas tonight and didn't even open the tortilla box...my only real meal today...had 1/3 of a protein shake this morning...

meeting a guy in the morning on the car...
Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, hope you sell that car today! Hope the song is a million dollar seller! We'll say we knew him when...

Tammy, no You are the inspiration. You never falter. We are so proud of you!

Today is the last day of work for my good friend and work mate. She is pursuing her dream of making and selling beautiful glass jewelry, bowls and ornaments. We are sure going to miss her.

Tuna, mayo and pork skins today for me.

Have a great day blitzers!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #276
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am either over medicated or under medicated!

either my thyroid is too low, or my htn meds(4 of them) are too many.I have become too laid back, and stay at home for days at a time. I do not like that. i was supposed to start with a new endocrinologist, but her office called, that she was taken ill. my next appointment (which is my 1st) is July 9. I am sure it will get straightened out. Anyway, I have about 5 weeks, to get some weight off, and get my blood glucose normalized...ASSUMING I can stay on plan. I am VERY susceptible to temptation. I am now going to have 1 portion of low carb pistachio ice cream and an ice cold beveridge, either coffee or diet soda. I hope to be back sometime next week. I begin phys therapy(init. eval.) this coming Wed. Luck to us all. Later, FF
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to see you, ff...I think you'd have an easier time if you could get back to your daily visits here...as u know, it really helps!...push yourself to move as much as you can, without hurting yourself...it really is that old "body in motion, stays in motion" thing...we all struggle bud, so let us know if we can help.

Abs, sorry to hear your friend is leaving...hope her dream comes true!...any plans for the weekend?

Sold the car this morning to a nice guy...no problems...

Eating on plan all week - although my plan only applies when I am at home, I have not taken an off day...had a few sips of a protein shake for breakfast and a salad with grilled salmon for lunch...my clothes are looser...exercised yesterday...

Hope everyone is having a great week...

Where's Marilee???
Old 05-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Abi, so sorry your friend is leaving, but good for her following her dreams!! Will she have a website that she'll be selling her pieces on? I love that sort of thing!!

FF, how wonderful to see you!!! I'm sorry you're struggling with your thyroid meds, hopefully the new Endo can help get you better situated. Tony's right, it'd be great to have you here more regularly, we do miss you!

Tony, good job selling the car, this is a very productive trip to Nashville for you! Oh my, what DON'T we talk about on our hikes?? You know it's funny, after 27 years we still never lack for things to chat about. It's really nice, because I know far to many couples who simply never talk to each other anymore....it's sad really, and I just couldn't imagine that. We have tons of fun together and usually people anywhere on the trails can hear us laughing from quite a distance!

I hope Marilee is enjoying her vacation!!

Goodness kids, today was super busy.....almost as busy as a Monday, thank heavens it's drawing to a close....I am ready to go for a nice long walk and start my weekend! Does anyone have any great plans this weekend??
Old 05-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Ok kids, I still have a LOOOONG way to go.....but I finally took a progress pic to remind myself how far I've come.....here's a couple of Before and a pic I took this morning:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tammy before.jpg (48.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Tammy before 2.jpg (85.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Tammy progress pic 1.jpg (18.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi all. I need to get caught up on posts. It was nice not working this week, but I caught a mean bug and was sick for 3 days. Trust me, you don't want to know the details. Anywho, a little behind on the things I wanted to do. The den closet is 1/4 empty and things are all over the den floor. The housecleaners are coming tomorrow and I'm asking them to just dust and do the windows. I don't want to put everything back in the closet and then take it out again. It takes too much time and I lose motivation.

I promise I'll get caught up and respond to everyone.

Good night!

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:16 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, taking everything out of the area I want to organize and clean is the only way I can do it too. So sorry 3 of your days off were ruined by being sick.

FF, wonderful to hear from you! I can't emphasize enough how much we miss you. Please get some kind of laptop and start chatting with us every day again.

Tony, glad you were able to sell the car. Fantastic that your clothes are looser!

Tammy you are looking fantastic! Thanks for posting the photos! I will try to pm you with Ashley's web site.

Will check back later. Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, I'm at the airport and will be boarding in a few minutes...

Tammy, that is a real transformation...I'm so proud of you...where are the bikini pics?

Ff, I think what abi's saying is that I'm not enough man to satisfy all these women, so they need you back in here...hahahaha!

Marilee, sorry you were sick, but I bet in a couple of days you'll see a weight drop as a result...silver lining?

Had a few sips of the protein smoothie for breakfast and some water...bought a turkey and Swiss sandwich for the flight, but will try not to eat the bread...might get messy...

I can see in the mirror that I am thinner than the last time I was here...but I can also see every one of the 40+ lbs. I still have to lose!....does anyone else think there are way too many large mirrors in hotels?...haha...

Have a great day kids...
Old 05-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all. It looks as though everyone is staying focused.

Tammy, your pics are fabulous, KUTGW

Tony, 220's aren't far away.

Abi, as always, you are doing great.

Marilee, we need to talk.

Well, I have been on plan since Wednesday.

I have started exercising twice a day. The morning is my usual workout with DVD or walking. Then in the late afternoon or evening I am walking again for about half an hour. I am shooting for 10,000 steps. I kind of don't like the theory because steps are tracked even if you are walking down the hall. I wouldn't count that as cardio steps.

Meat, cheese and veggies is the eating plan. I fired up my account to a tracker and started entering what I eat and my activity. I set my calories at 1300 a day with 20% carb and 40% for fat and protein since I do incorporate weights in my exercise a few times a week.

I feel a lot more motivated than I have in the past year or so, so I hope this goes well.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 05-31-2014 at 01:19 PM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Marilee, what a bummer that you were sick 3 days of your vacation....how awful!!

Abi, thank you for the kind words and the link to your friends website, it did come through and she has beautiful pieces!!!

Tony, I am a LOOOOONG away from bikini pics! Thank you though. Hope you're home safe and sound.....surely Amadora was waiting anxiously for your return?!?!?!

Vicki, That sounds like a fabulous challenge, I'm glad you've found some fresh motivation, sometimes that's all you need to finally turn the corner! Your macros sound right on, I can't imagine that you wouldn't have anything but great success with this plan!

It's been a lovely Saturday, slept in a little, then went for a hike. I've grown really spoiled because we were hiking in gorgeous 80 degree weather and I was TOO HOT......DH says I'm ruined for ever living in southern AZ again....and he would be right!

How's everyone's weekend going???
Old 06-01-2014, 03:32 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, you have always been so great about exercising . This is the perfect time being away from the stress of work. Best wishes and keep us all motivated along the way!

Tammy, glad you liked Ashley's site. I think one of the first things she is going to do is work on her web site and give her company a tax number and name. Can't believe she won't be at work tomorrow. I think our whole line will be bummed out.

Tony, I think I will go to the Backside for bacon and eggs for a change today. lol Hope you get to see Amadora in the next few days to get your fix in!

Talk to you all later!

Last edited by Abigale; 06-01-2014 at 03:34 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tammy and Abs. You are right, since I don't have to worry about the work stress etc. I can concentrate on getting healthier this summer. That is what happened in May 2008 when I kicked into gear except, I was 30 lbs lighter than I am now. Oh well. I hope this is the LAST time I have to lose weight and can maintain until I die LOL
Old 06-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm with ya, vicki!...great to see you with a new plan and sounding motivated...i think the exercise will be a big key to everything...welcome back! :-)

tammy, your weekend sounds lovely and i'm so happy to hear that you and dh have so much to chat about...seems dw and i have been surrounded by kids and their lives for so long, we still talk mostly about them - it's become a habit!...we have been having a little more time alone lately which has been nice...

we were talking today about whether we should get another dog, and she was saying that maybe we should wait awhile and not get tied down so quickly...the youngest son leaves for college in the fall and we will have an "empty" house for the first time ever...it's gonna be weird...we have a lot of adjusting to do...advice anyone?...haha

went to the gym at 7 this morning and had a great workout...dw and i worked together at the building today - she was planting the window boxes and i was working in the building...it was a perfect day!

abs, i didn't even know the backside had bacon and eggs...i bet they don't scramble them...

took an off-day today:
b: two strawberries
l: 2 slices of pizza toppings
s: 1/2 small container coconut greek yogurt w/ steel cut oats
s: popeye's spicy fried chicken

now it's at least 4 consecutive on-plan days!...let's have a great week kids...

how are you feeling marilee?...thinking about you :-)
Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I vote with your wife to wait on the dog and do some fun stuff this fall together. You won't believe this but the Backside does even scramble eggs!

Need to get some things done before work so will check back later. Cooking up some ground beef for lunch plus I have some leftover grilled chicken from yesterday.

Have a great Monday Blitzers.

ps, I message my friend who had her last day on Friday and told her I was thinking about pulling in her drive on the way to work and beep my horn but was afraid I would see this face out her window. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scary-faced-cat.jpg (80.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

haha abi...that's cute...did you guys ever commute together?

this morning's mediation got postponed and another got scheduled for this afternoon...lots to do today after my half-week in nashville...

my youngest boy has an overnight orientation at UNH today/tonight...will miss him...

i am gonna see if emmy is around and if so, will drive out to see the baby...i haven't seen her in a week and i'm going nuts!

still loving my eating plan...i think i came up with something i can stick with for awhile...it reduces carbs and calories without making me feel restricted and the losses are slow but i think, steady...over the course of a week, i could eat some of every kind of food, but generally don't...for instance, i thought about ice cream on my off-days, but wasn't craving it, so i didn't have it...

have a great day kids...
Old 06-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, exercise is done for the day. I did Iron Yoga DVD and walked for 50 minutes with a friend. I normally wouldn't have done that, but DH and I hiked trails that went up hill at a state park yesterday for about an hour and I was stiff and sore. Yoga helped to stretch me out. My friend and I already had the walk planned.

I am really liking the Fitbit and the tracking app for food logging. It is a great combo. For some reason, in the past, I detested tracking what I ate. Maybe because it too some time, I don't know. But, it doesn't really take all that long actually.

Tony, how is your hip feeling since you worked out at the gym yesterday?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all, Happy Monday!

Abi, that pic is too funny!!!

Tony, you're doing so well with your WOE, I'm really proud of you!! DH and I talk endlessly about the kids too.....kind of hard not to! I think you'll find though an empty nest is really great!! Though it's never really empty, they still come back around all the time!

Vicki, Awesome job on the exercise....Abi's right, you really do well with that!!

Marilee, are you back to work today?

Well we had a great weekend here....I bought a brand new fitbit zip off of craigslist.....still sealed in the box for $25.00!!! It's not the Flex or the One that you wear on the wrist, which I still want.....but for $25 I'm pretty happy with it. I got it all set up yesterday so I can start tracking my daily movement in earnest now!

Super busy today, it's the 1st of the month and everyone's paying rent, so I've gotta run, I'll check in later. Have a great day!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all. Yep, back to work today. I was kind of ready...was getting bored. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I retire, but I'm going to have to find something to do, that's for sure.

Vicki, congrats on all of the exercise. I'm proud of you. Yes, we are way past talking. You can always give me a ring...I'm either at work or home.

Tammy, I love your pictures. You are looking so good!

Tony, it's hard to imagine you being an empty nester. I'd wait on the dog, too. Enjoy your Summer with no strings and then see how you feel. At least that's MHO.

Hey Abi! Always look forward to your daily posts. You keep me inspired.

Well, welcome June. It's going to be 111 to 112 today. June is our hotest month of the year and it's starting out with a bang.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I think I would be bored too if I wasn't doing something. I would love a 4 day work week but I am always ready to get back to work after 3 days off. Try to stay as cool as you can this month!

Tammy, hope your Monday went well. Tell me more about this fitbit thing. These new gadgets are so foreign to me.

Vicki, you and Tammy are really impressing me with all the hiking! Is the weather still cool in the mornings there? I love the cool mornings. It is 58 right now at 4:40am and will get up to maybe 80 this afternoon.

Tony, my friend's father is head of maintenance at the complex so several times she would ride in to work with him when the weather was bad and I would bring her home. Can't believe she trusted my car and driving more than hers. lol One day it was snowing and sleeting so bad and my windshield wiper was not working right. She had to be the navigator from the passenger side. Hope you got to see Amadora yesterday!

Ground beef and pork skins today for me.

Have a wonderful day blitzers!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great to see evEryone doing well!...

vicki and tammy, like abi, i wanna hear all about these gadgets...i am so proud of you guys for your commitment to fitness...you both must have good cardio-vascular health to be able to do all that hiking and exercise...

abs, i drove 1 1/2 hours round-trip to see amadora for 45-minutes...she recognized me immediately and i enjoyed every minute...she made nothing but happy noises the whole time...it was hard leaving, but i had a mediation to get back to...

i didn't get done until 8 p.m. and then met dw for dinner at a nice restaurant...had the baked haddock which was delicious...

we both realized that last night was the first night we have EVER spent alone together IN THIS HOUSE where we have lived for over 28 YEARS!...it was nice to have the place to ourselves, but very strange...i think it would feel better if it wasn't going to be like this every night forever...feels like we are getting old...haha...it's gonna take some getting used to...any of you who can share your "empty nest" transition stories, i would be grateful to hear them...

marilee, wish you lived closer so i could keep you busy in retirement! :-)

lots to do today, including a gym workout this morning...vicki, my whole body is pain-free and feeling great right now...something is still going on in my left knee, but it's not too bad and only hurts if i do certain things...

hope y'all have a great day!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

I would love to tell you about the gadgets but I keep getting email that i am violating the rules here for some reason. The one where I mentioned the Mark Zuckerman's creation's group was edited and my last post about the activity tracker and website that logs food and calories burned I was sent an email saying I violated something, terms of service. We will see what happens with this one.

The activity tracker is clipped to my pocket and records steps, flights of stairs, calories burned and even my sleep. I really like it. I am shooting for 10000 steps. The downside is, if I do a DVD and I am not stepping, then it doesn't track. For example, I did a yoga DVD yesterday and steps weren't tracked.

The other site I am using I am putting in my food eaten and I am even weighing and measuring again on occasion so I know amounts. I can put in recipes and it calculated micros and calories. I am trying to stay at 1300 cals. 20% carb, 40% fat and protein each. However, so far, my carbs are around 15-25%, but fat seems to override the protein most of the time upwards of 10%.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Another hot one today; 109-111.

Today is the Recognition Luncheon here at work. There are 4 of us - one person has worked her 20 years, one 25 years, one 30, and me at 35. I checked out the menu and I'm either going to have scallops, chilean sea bass or halibut. Not sure which one.

Have to get back to it. TTFN
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Marilee, you can keep the heat......honestly!! I always found August to be far worse than June or July....perhaps that's just because by then I was so wiped out from June & July!! Goodness, 35 years at your company....that's amazing!!! Good for you....they are very lucky to have had you there for so long!

Abi, I love the Fit bit.....The one I have is the basic zip....it's like a pedometer but it's Wifi and it sinks my computer to track and record everything. My steps taken, distance covered, calories burned etc. It links to my online food journal and tracks my calories in vs calories out which is really cool. What I REALLY want is one of the new fitness bands that you wear like a bracelet. There are a few different manufacturers for those, and they do everything that my zip does, except that they also monitor your exertion levels, and sleep so that you get even more detail about how everything is working together for your overall fitness and health. Those get a bot more pricey....they range from $100 - $150.

Tony, ahhh....empty nest syndrome....it is a real transition. When DH and I married, he was a single dad with sole custody of his 8 yr. old son.....so I had a ready made family.....we NEVER knew what it was like to be just the two of us. I must say though that DH was wise beyond his years because he always said that one day the kids would be grown and gone and it would just be the two of us.....so we should be cautious to never neglect our "couple-hood" or lose site of the fact that beyond just being parents we were a couple. Fortunately we are extremely close to our kids and they come over to our place every chance they get....HOWEVER......we really do love our empty nest. We have a chance now to do things together, uninterrupted....like our evening hikes.....or sometimes just watching a new TV show together. We have always been close, but now we've reconnected....little things like we sit together on the couch again....no little ones squirming in to squeeze between us......We sit and enjoy our coffee together.....it's kind of like dating again.....only we go home together at the end of the date. Some nice things we have discovered....we are both a bit on the "neat freak" side.....guess what???? The house stays clean now!!!! Funny true story.....DD had just moved in with her then fiancé-now husband....they decided to pop in one evening unannounced.....we forgot to lock the door. They walked right in to the living room and let's just say that they never pop in unannounced anymore and we never forget to lock the door! Enjoy your empty nest and realize that it's empty because you did your job, and you did it well......your children are off living their lives, which is the goal. This is your time for the two of you to relax and enjoy each other. And trust me....they will still come back as often as they can.....and they bring more with them!!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from lunch. It was lovely! I have a picture, but I don't know how to post it. I'll make it my Avatar. It isn't a very clear picture. I wish I knew how to insert it in the body of the email. Any tips?

Last edited by Gibby; 06-03-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Marilee, nice pic. I just wish I could click on it to make it bigger.

Tammy, that is so funny about the unlocked door LOL. DH and I haven't had that happen, yet. We make sure the cats are out of the room and the doors are locked. My 14 year old can go between his dad's and mine since we have joint physical custody so it wouldn't be unusual for him to walk in sometime.

Tomorrow is weigh and measure day. I will let you know.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:46 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I was writing how you can post your photo and lcf reset the site and I couldn't get back on. Maybe after work I can try to tell you again. Congratulations for being at the same job for 35 years! That is pretty rare these days. Nice photo too!

Tammy, the fit bit sounds amazing! I can see how much fun it would be to have all that info downloaded for you to look at later. Like having your own personal trainer.

Tony, glad you got to see Amadora yesterday. As your family keeps expanding and most of it will stay in your area I think, you will never have that much time alone I'm sure. lol

Vicki, 10000 steps is a terrific goal. All your other tracking of food etc. sounds so good.

Chicken salad for lunch today. Just grilled chicken and mayo. Have a great day Blitzers!