Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Thank you Carrie. I know you are all here for support.

I was still planning on staying away from carbs as you suggested but it fell apart yesterday, slowly but surely.

I was in too much of a hurry to eat breakfast yesterday and that is how it started. Went to a meeting and all they had for the coffee was flavored creamer. So, I thought I'll have one carefully measured teaspoon to make it palatable.

Then they brought out snack. No healthy choices at all. There was a cheese dip (not too bad) but with crackers. And a cake. That's it. I had 3 crackers with dip on them.

Lunch I was running around so I picked up a wrap from McDonald's. That was my biggest fail. 41 carbs in that.

Snack was celery and peanut butter. Supper I did not pack for myself so I had to eat at the group home. We had chicken Caesar salad and I ate it, seasoned chicken, dressing, croutons and all. On he plus side I only had about a 1 cup serving.

Then I came home. Was hungry from my pathetic serving of supper. Sitting on the table are a pack of mini eggs. I ate about 15 of them.

One day and I have undone a months worth of progress - and quite frankly I hate that I even care. I could hardly sleep last night over it.
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Carbs for yesterday - 39

Water - got in all in!!!!

I will not be on tomorrow or part of Sunday. We are going to visit my daughter at school. Haven't seen her in 6 weeks. So excited. Coverage for internet and cell phone is pretty sucky there so will check in on Sunday afternoon.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Will be thinking of you Red!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
Thank you Carrie. I know you are all here for support.

I was still planning on staying away from carbs as you suggested but it fell apart yesterday, slowly but surely.

I was in too much of a hurry to eat breakfast yesterday and that is how it started. Went to a meeting and all they had for the coffee was flavored creamer. So, I thought I'll have one carefully measured teaspoon to make it palatable.

Then they brought out snack. No healthy choices at all. There was a cheese dip (not too bad) but with crackers. And a cake. That's it. I had 3 crackers with dip on them.

Lunch I was running around so I picked up a wrap from McDonald's. That was my biggest fail. 41 carbs in that.

Snack was celery and peanut butter. Supper I did not pack for myself so I had to eat at the group home. We had chicken Caesar salad and I ate it, seasoned chicken, dressing, croutons and all. On he plus side I only had about a 1 cup serving.

Then I came home. Was hungry from my pathetic serving of supper. Sitting on the table are a pack of mini eggs. I ate about 15 of them.

One day and I have undone a months worth of progress - and quite frankly I hate that I even care. I could hardly sleep last night over it.
Maybe your body just needed a little shaking up. Today is a new day.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Reddress, I am with you on the artificial sweetners. I did re-discover crystal light. Its really the only thing (outside of Logan's unsweetened Raspberry Tea) that I can drink other than water. I was a HUGE mt. dew drinker in the beginning. Now I actually look forward to my water (with crystal light) BTW - the grape with added caffeine is AWESOME! And hey, you didn't do horrible the day you "cheated". I would have done MUCH worse! I too was worried about the thoughts of never being able to have certain things in the future...ever again....Well....that's not true. Those foods will always be there. Trust me, they will be many years after we leave this earth. I love cheese fries and rice of any kind. I was so worried about it in the beginning, but I promised myself that I would not eat anything like that at least until after the first weigh in. Then, I decided until after this challenge. I have said to myself that I was going to probably be bad during a certain meal, and then when it came down to it, I actually didn't "cheat". Just hold off. Wait until your body adjusts and then you will probably find that you won't even miss those foods as badly.

Just a thought...you said you don't want to let the scale be so controlling (not in those exact words), well DON'T! You control that scale. Ignore it if you want. Throw it out the window...or just simply make it do what you want.

Sorry for rambling and for those silly............s that I do. It's a horrible habit that I must break! :-) Glad to see you are still here today.
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

This was posted by a member in another post: easwan - THANK YOU.

Just in case any of you didn't get to see it, I wanted to share:

When I put out the call for what people wanted to read about on this blog in 2009, numerous folks commented that they would like to know why it seems so much more difficult to successfully follow a low-carb diet the second or third time around. Over the years I’ve noticed this phenomenon in myself and in many others whom I have treated or advised, so it’s truly a subject worthy of exploration.

I’m going to list the reasons experience has taught me below, starting with situations over which we have no control and ending with those over which we have total control.

Aging

We all get older every day. Sadly, with aging, all systems deteriorate. Some slower, some faster, but all get a little older and a little less functional every day. If you achieve success on a low-carb diet and find yourself 70 pounds lighter, you’ll also find your self five or six months older. If you regain that lost weight, then decide to start another low-carb diet to re-lose it, you will probably be a couple of years older than you were when you tried your first low-carb diet. Just as it’s a little more difficult to pick up tennis at age 46 than it is at age 44, it’s a little more difficult to get everything moving with a low-carb diet when you’re a couple of years older.

Built-in survival mechanisms

Although most dietary recommendations are fairly simplistic, our bodies are unimaginably complex. Not only do we have a complicated metabolism centered around and directed by the liver, we have multiple neurological and endocrinological feedback pathways between the liver-directed metabolic system and the central nervous system. And we have gut hormones that get into the act sending signals of fullness or lack thereof. It is an intricate system designed to allow us to survive on all kinds of food and to keep us alive as long as possible in the face of famine. I like to think of this entire interconnected system as having its own memory. It will allow you to fool it once or maybe twice, but then it gets wise.

Almost everyone who starts any kind of diet for the first time sees pretty rapid results. Pounds seem to fall off quickly and effortlessly. At a point down the way in the diet, it starts becoming progressively more difficult to lose more weight because the body starts catching on to what’s happening and starts fighting back. This phenomenon seems to occur less with a low-carb diet because if it is a good quality low-carb diet, the body is getting all the nutrition it needs, so it doesn’t rebel quite the same as it does with some other nutritionally inadequate diets. But it does rebel a little, nevertheless. And worse, it remembers.

If you lose weight then regain it and restart a low-carb (or any other) diet, the body is not quite so willing to shed the first pounds as quickly as it did the first time. It remembers. If you, like many people I’ve met do, give low-carb a serious, diligent go for about a week, then fall off because of a party, wedding, etc. that you attend, then try again for another week before falling off, you program your body to hang in there for at least a week before letting loose its fat. The body says, ‘Well, here we go again with another week of this nonsense. Let’s hold steady on and we’ll be back to our regular high-everything diet within a week. Let’s not go into starvation mode yet and starting getting rid of our fat.’ What you will find after a few turns of this cycle is that although the first time through with low-carb you may have lost six pounds the first week, the forth time through you will lose almost nothing the first week. Then the doubt creeps in. And you begin to wonder if the low-carb diet will really work for you. It will, but you’ve got to get past the body’s diet memory for it to.

Increased insulin and leptin resistance

All the studies aren’t in yet on this issue for sure. But, those that are (both animal and human studies) indicate that we become progressively more insulin and leptin resistant as we age. This is especially true for people who have become overweight or obese and have maintained that state. Sadly, it is also true for those who became overweight or obese and lost the excess weight, which is most of us. The more insulin and leptin resistance we are, the more difficult it is to lose weight. So, the increase in this phenomenon just from the years passing between the first go round and the second on a low-carb diet makes it a little more difficult the next time.

Hormonal dysfunction

Women who are wildly successful on a low-carb diet when they are in their 30s or 40s and premenopausal then try again when they are in their menopausal years often find it almost impossible to lose. It requires fiddling with hormone levels by replacing with natural hormones and getting the system back into balance before a lot of weight can be lost. It takes a while to do this. Even if the hormones do get back to where they need to be quickly, it takes some time for the body to respond. Often just getting the hormones balanced results in weight loss spontaneously without dieting. But dieting helps the process along more quickly.

Now we get to the issues that we do have control over. I don’t want anyone to be offended by this list or think I’m pointing any fingers because I’m not. But I would guess that I’ve (MD and I as a team) taken care of more overweight people on low-carb diets than anyone alive today. We’ve had thousands and thousands of patients in our clinics and we’ve dealt with many others second hand through books, lectures, etc. And we’ve had many friends, relatives, friends of friends, associates, etc. whose care we have monitored. In shepherding all these people (not to mention ourselves) on low-carb diets, we have learned a few things. What follows is a summary of what we’ve learned. Not about the biochemistry and physiology of low-carb dieting, but about the psychology of low-carb dieting.

Lack of commitment

It has been my experience that people just don’t seem to commit as strongly the second, third, etc. time around. The first time, people make a major commitment. They lose weight. They feel better than they have in years. They are excited. Then they either stay continue on their low-carb diet and maintain or they don’t. If they don’t, the weight comes back. Then a couple of years later when it’s time to start again, they just don’t have the commitment they did the first time around. And, due to the above reasons, it’s a little more difficult the second time around. They never really get into the swing of it like they did the first time, and then the notion that maybe it won’t work starts to gnaw. And then they start doing a ‘half-fast’ (if you get my drift) low-carb diet, which works okay for maintenance, but not for weight loss. Discouragement sets in, and they bolt from the diet. I’ve seen this cycle in action countless times. Don’t fall into it.

People learn how to cheat in their first low-carb go round and remember how when they start again

The first time around on a low-carb diet is exciting. You’re actually getting to eat all these forbidden foods – steak, eggs, real butter – that you’ve been taught make you fat and are losing weight like crazy. It’s unbelievable. But sooner or later, you get a little weary of steak, eggs and real butter, and you start looking to expand your food choices. If you stay on your carb restriction, you start to figure ways that you can keep carbs low, but eat facsimiles of the high-carb foods you enjoyed before you started your low-carb diet. You make the major discovery that low-carb brownies exist (or at least they call them low-carb brownies) so you give them a try. Then you find out about low-carb waffles, pancakes, bagels, etc. You discover that there is a whole low-carb world of what you’ve always thought of as high-carb foods. You are in heaven. You can have your cake and eat it, too, so to speak. But around about this time, the weight loss starts to really taper off and maybe even comes to a halt.

A few years later, you’ve regained your lost weight plus some, remember how effortlessly you lost it on a low-carb diet, and decide to do it again. But this time, instead of starting with the steak, eggs and real butter all alone, you stock your low-carb larder with low-carb brownies, bagels, chips, and other junk as well. Strangely, the low-carb diet just doesn’t seem to work as well this next time around.

If you want to be successful the next time around on a low-carb diet, you’ve got to follow a low-carb diet. And it takes commitment. You’ve got to realize it’s going to be a little more difficult than it was the first time, and you’ve got to go on an honest-to-God low-carb diet filled with quality low-carb real foods. And you’ve got to stick to it. You want to hang in there until you get to what was called in the old medical literature the dynamic weight stage. The dynamic weight stage is when weight is changing rapidly in either an upward or downward direction. Anyone who has gained or lost a lot of weight has experienced this. You can gain rapidly once you get into this phase, but ultimately you stabilize and hit the static weight phase. It works the same going the other way. Once you get your weight loss momentum built up, you seem to lose effortlessly while in this dynamic phase. This is where you want to be. But you have to commit for a few solid weeks to get there. You can’t just diddle with it, go on a few days and off, fill up on calorie-dense, low-or-no-carb junk, say you’re doing a low-carb diet, and wonder why you aren’t losing. You’ve got to get up into the low-carb saddle and ride.

Isn't that great????
Old 04-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

So far I am back on track today, and the gross taste in my mouth is back so I'm hoping Ketosis has started again. (Even though I'm still not sure I want to do this, ugh, I confuse myself lol) I may be a bit "off" later though because I didn't bother to prepare supper or pack any food for tonight. I will have to eat something though because I am currently in the progress of a triple shift and won't be home until tomorrow 9am. I don't think I can go that long without eating.

B: BPC

Lunch : 2 eggs with mayo, smoothie with cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, blueberries, water
Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Supper was chilli on a bun and salad. At least the chilli was homemade and healthy (I made it myself, so no Frankenfood!). I didn't have the bun, but did have some chili which was carby. Total for the day: 31 carbs.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Carbs: 25
Knee Exercises: YES

That is six days in a row doing my knee exercises thanks to you guys holding me accountable! Thank you!

CAC: Good job getting your water in today!

Red: Hope you decide to stay and keep trying with this WOE. I am hopeful you are going to find your groove. Someone else said this....but I was wondering if you could cook up some stuff so you will be ready. On Sundays, I cook a ton. I cook up chicken for the week, a tomato/vegetable soup, KM burgers (hamburger, little oatmeal, little Kale, leeks, onion, one egg), etc. And now I am really into Lavash bread by Joseph's. I make chips to use with guacamole, a pizza crust, etc. I fry it up so it is ready for anything I want it for. It is two net carbs for a huge piece. I am going to make tuna melts tomorrow with it. I don't know why you don't have energy. I eat an omelet for breakfast, greek yogurt with oat bran and one strawberry cut up and my soup for lunch. I have great stamina all day! My plate is very full now (in life), so I am so thankful for the energy. But I know everyone's body is different, so maybe it would not work for you.

MAINTAIN....MAINTAIN....MAINTAIN! That is the goal for these five days. We weigh again on Tuesday, April 15th!

Funny, I am more tempted to stand on the scale than to eat. I really struggle not weighing when I am doing well. And yet I TRULY believe this is a better way of doing it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Good for you on the knee exercises! Soon you won't even need encouragement it will just be habit!!! As for the scale, just think of the nice surprise you will have in just a few days!!!

I will try cooking more good ahead of time. I just hate cooking on my few days off with my family. I only get every other weekend off and the weekends I work I work 9am to 9pm so not much time to cook.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Red!

That makes total sense that you would not want to do a lot of cooking on the days you get to spend more time with your family. Hmmmm....trying to think of how this could work for you. The reason it works for me is that my youngest has special needs and she helps me with the cooking. So we get to spend quality time together, plus I get a lot of my food made for the week.

I just know you need to be ready with things to grab or things to make fast. At least that is how it is for me. Old habits are still too much a part of me. Grabbing for a bowl of cereal or a sandwich is gone. And yet not really. With that low carb bread from Netrition, sandwiches are now a very real part of my life. And good, healthy ones too.

Wondering if you want to try eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch for one week. Count the carbs beforehand, or don't even bother if that is stressing you. I am sure you have a feel for what is LC and what isn't. Then PLAN your dinners for the week and your snacks.

You may want to try that Lawash bread by Joseph's. I get it at my grocery store. Cut a big piece in half and fry it. I add Mrs. Dash to it. Brown both sides. If you have time, do about six of these. Then use them for a plethora of things during the week....chips for salsa, crust for pizza, crust for taco, bread for tuna melts, chicken melts, etc.

It is kinda funny how in just 12 or so days we can feel a bond. At least I do. Yesterday read all the posts quickly while at work, but I could sense a united front in people really wanting you to stay. And yet everyone was so respectful knowing that you needed to do what you needed to do!

LC may not be for everyone. Lots of other ideas for weight loss out there. It has been an answer for me because for once in my life I get to have the feeling so many other people in this world have...I can feel full and satisfied. And I can eat tasty food. And I am eating the healthiest I have ever eaten.

Hi to everyone else in this challenge. MAINTAIN. Keep that original weight loss off from the start of this challenge. That is our plan. Lose..maintain...lose...maintain.

Stay strong. Stay steady.

KM
Old 04-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Carb counts for yesterday -

B = coffee w/ HWC
L = egg salad with some microwave bacon
D = antipasti plate at an Italian restaurant & wedge salad with bacon & Caesar dressing

Total carbs - 18 (??? - my best guess); net carbs - 14
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Yesterday

B...sm...bowl of leftover chili with cheese...
L...Atkins Mexican meal...not great...
Atkins bar
S...Out to eat at our local Buffet House.....2 baked chicken legs,1 serv...of taco meat with a scoop of cheese sauce over shredded lettuce.... Broccoli and greenbeans...

Just over 20 carbs... net carbs lower...

Have a great weekend....working out in the yard before it gets too hot later...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Yesterday

B...sm...bowl of leftover chili with cheese...
L...Atkins Mexican meal...not great...
Atkins bar
S...Out to eat at our local Buffet House.....2 baked chicken legs,1 serv...of taco meat with a scoop of cheese sauce over shredded lettuce.... Broccoli and greenbeans...

Just over 20 carbs... net carbs lower...

Have a great weekend....working out in the yard before it gets too hot later...
Great job on choosing good foods when you went out to eat!!! Also kudos to you on getting out to work in the yard! I have been very, very slacking on the exercise portion of this "getting healthier" movement of mine. I'd go out today but it is snowing. I wish spring would arrive and stay for a while!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Red ...I will pass you some snow for some of our sun...LOL

DH is grilling tonight so that is nice...Steak and chicken so will have some for tomorrow too.....love that man...lol..
Green salad with a touch of ranch...

Well I wore one of my favorite T-shirts (XL) this morning to go shopping with DH..it fit wonderfully...made my day .... I have 3 of my favorite Shirts hanging up where I can see them for motivation....(L)....I will get there....LOL...
Old 04-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Red ...I will pass you some snow for some of our sun...LOL

DH is grilling tonight so that is nice...Steak and chicken so will have some for tomorrow too.....love that man...lol..
Green salad with a touch of ranch...

Well I wore one of my favorite T-shirts (XL) this morning to go shopping with DH..it fit wonderfully...made my day .... I have 3 of my favorite Shirts hanging up where I can see them for motivation....(L)....I will get there....LOL...
Congrats on the NSV!!!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

What is NSV?

Great job, Lady, on wearing the XL t-shirt and having it fit! I wore a pair of capris today that were tight last week. They fit pretty good today...or at least I thought so. When I went to the bathroom, I noticed an imprint of the button on my belly! Guess they were tighter than I thought!

Carbs: 26 Not sure on this. I had four samplers at Costco. Two were fine...ham and beef. The other two, not so good. Small piece of ice cream bar and a popcorn kind of bar. I added four carbs.

Knee Exercises: Done
Old 04-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Food for today:
B = coffee w/ HWC
L = chicken salad melt over spinach
D = 2 fresh brats & cabbage sauteed in butter
Total carbs = 23; net carbs = 18

I'm noticing on my food tracker that I have been eating more calories these past 3 days - of course, that's because 2 days were social events where the choices weren't the best, but I am wondering if that is going to show up on the scale. My carb numbers still have been good, but I believe calories matter, too. I guess we'll see.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
What is NSV?

Great job, Lady, on wearing the XL t-shirt and having it fit! I wore a pair of capris today that were tight last week. They fit pretty good today...or at least I thought so. When I went to the bathroom, I noticed an imprint of the button on my belly! Guess they were tighter than I thought!

Carbs: 26 Not sure on this. I had four samplers at Costco. Two were fine...ham and beef. The other two, not so good. Small piece of ice cream bar and a popcorn kind of bar. I added four carbs.

Knee Exercises: Done
NSV= Non-Scale Victory - ie: wearing a fave shirt again, getting compliments, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post
Food for today:
B = coffee w/ HWC
L = chicken salad melt over spinach
D = 2 fresh brats & cabbage sauteed in butter
Total carbs = 23; net carbs = 18

I'm noticing on my food tracker that I have been eating more calories these past 3 days - of course, that's because 2 days were social events where the choices weren't the best, but I am wondering if that is going to show up on the scale. My carb numbers still have been good, but I believe calories matter, too. I guess we'll see.
I think if you were eating wayyyyy too many calories, like 3000 or something, then yes it may make a difference. If it is just a few hundred more I don't think it matters - especially if those calories came from fat and not carbs.

And thank you for the supper idea - I'm cooking beef and cabbage right now!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

I like those NSV for they help motivate me.....
I wore a short sleeve white button up blouse with some jean capris out to eat supper last night....that shirt was so nice and cool feeling and it FIT...lol....instead of a T-shirt...
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday's food:

B: 3 eggs (at work, couldn't doctor them up)
L: taco salad (2 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup beef, onion, red pepper, salsa), chai tea latte (tassimo)
S: beef and cabbage with butter

Total cArbs: 20 on the dot.

Currently making pancakes for the clients at work. I will not eat them, I will not eat them....

Last edited by Reddress; 04-13-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. It is gorgeous here in Louisville, KY. Hate today is in the low 80s and by Tuesday the high will only be 48. Ready for Spring all the time.

Did well on my eating while we were out of town. Only 18 carbs on Saturday. Not so well on the water though. With so much driving in the car, didn't drink much water so we wouldn't have to stop every 30 minutes for a potty break. Plus traveling through the mountains to get to my daughter's school, there are not a lot of places to stop in the first place unless you choose a bush along side the road.

Check in with everyone later. Hope you enjoy your afternoon.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Red: Good job not eating those pancakes.

Cac: Good job eating LC even when out of town. That is so hard for me. I agree it would have been hard to drink lots of water while driving. I bet you will get back in the water groove tomorrow.

Tower: You are so steady. Even with your social events, you keep going. You motivate me.

Hutch and Boz: Hope you guys are having a great weekend. Check in when you can. Maybe it was one of you that said you would not be around this weekend. Hard to keep up sometimes.

I am having a great day. Will post carb count later. Knee exercises are done!

NSV (this is the first time I have written that!)...Went down the stairs feeling a lot stronger with my knee. I can already tell a difference. Now imagine with less weight on that joint!

Weigh in on Tuesday, April 15th. MAINTAIN.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Lady: I have a short-sleeved buttoned up blouse waiting for me! I was encouraged that you could wear yours! I will let everyone know when I can wear mine...but it won't be for a while.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, kauaimom! It is still early, but I've already planned meals so I am checking in with my food for the day. Intentionally tried to keep my calories lower today, and so far my hunger has stayed in check!

B = coffee w/ HWC
L = pork roast & roasted asparagus (YUM!!!)
D = egg drop soup with some added chicken

I had to go shopping today for a new outfit for the dinner at DH's boss' house this Friday. The good news is I definitely looked better in the clothes. The bad news is I am still not down a size I've lost almost 30 pounds since I started, but I am not there yet. Happy for all you guys fitting into older clothes - hopefully that will be me soon!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Whoops - forgot my carb counts in my last post & it won't let me edit for some reason.

13 total carbs, 10 net carbs
Old 04-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Carbs: 22 PLUS a small chocolate custard cone at Culver's. Have not checked the carbs. Probably 40 or so.

Knee exercises: Yes
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

I have been extremely low on carbs the past few days. I have been super busy and have not really had much time to eat. However, to catch up I will make this quick:
Friday 9 carbs, Saturday 5 carbs, and Sunday 6 carbs.

Oh yeah, and I only got in about 60% of my walking both Saturday and tonight, but I think I am about to go for a walk. Hopefully I can make it to 10K.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Glad to see you are still here Reddress! :-)

I am happy to say that I fit in a size 16 jeans from old navy and bought two pair because I was so happy. And they are not super stretchy either.

Last edited by CBOZ; 04-13-2014 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

B: 3 eggs, mushrooms, cheese, BPC Coffee
L: smoothie with berries, cottage cheese, water
S: 2 italian sausage (filler free, 1 carb), cauliflower mash with butter, cream and cheese, brussel sprouts

Total carbs today: 23

Awesome news Kauaimom on the knees!! So much easier to keep up with the exercises when you know it is working!

Tower - even fitting better in the clothes would have been a great reward!!

CBoz - Thanks. I'm having a harder time letting this go than I would have thought.

Starting tomorrow, I really need to do physical activity every day. I got a Jillian Michaels DVD out of the $5 bin at walmart, that will be my workout tomorrow. Eating less is great, but it means nothing if I am not healthier/more fit. I now officially have clearance to begin to exercise more aggressively (as in more than walking, lol) after my surgery 4 weeks ago, so I have no more excuses.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

10 carbs ....Just a relaxing day with DH...
Looked thur photos for scrapbooking...
Need to get my body walking again tomorrow....
I have to laugh for I am reading a series of books from JoAnne Fluke....
Hannah Swensen Mystery with Recipes....The books are named Chocolate Chip Murder, Strawberry Shortcake Murder,Blueberry Muffin Murder, and the one I am on now...Lemon Meringue Pie Murder....several more in the series...all with names of sweets...She owns a bakery but is always in the middle of a murder to solve...LOL...Fun reading and not what I usually read and all those good sweet recipes....It has been a test for me LOL...I will keep the recipes though....but no baking here.....just reading..

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-13-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
I have been extremely low on carbs the past few days. I have been super busy and have not really had much time to eat. However, to catch up I will make this quick:
Friday 9 carbs, Saturday 5 carbs, and Sunday 6 carbs.

Oh yeah, and I only got in about 60% of my walking both Saturday and tonight, but I think I am about to go for a walk. Hopefully I can make it to 10K.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Glad to see you are still here Reddress! :-)

I am happy to say that I fit in a size 16 jeans from old navy and bought two pair because I was so happy. And they are not super stretchy either.
WTG CBOZ - That is great!!!