Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
YAY!!! Great job everyone. We are just a bunch of "losers"!!!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Question: What do you guys think of the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet????
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
WOE: Atkins
down 5.4lbs!

Just a little excited about that! Today the scale said 236.6!

Now if I can get my water in today.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhutch47 View Post
down 5.4lbs!

Great job lhutch!!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

YEAH!!! Great Job Ihutch! That brings our group total to 32.6 in just 10 days!!!! WhOOOOO HOOOOO!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Well I will take my 1.2 lb loss this time.. since I started here.... I will wait until I lose my other 1lb to move my heart....
Working on drinking my water....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhutch47 View Post
down 5.4lbs!

Awesome job, both of you!!!!!
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
What great losses..we did it..even us late ones lol...yea!
This is the first time I think I don't mind being called a loser....LOL

Making the Califlower pizza tonight...Sausage...

Great joy everyone...I am smiling at yallllll!
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
I am so proud of EVERYONE!

But no resting on our laurels (or whatever that saying is!)

Onward to day 15! We need to MAINTAIN this weight loss during the next five days. We need to see those same numbers on day 15 (or maybe a little more weight lost). The only exception might be Cac who lost so much. Even if she kept off a large part of that weight loss, that would be good.

NO WEIGHING till April 15th.

Stay steady and stay strong!

I have a feeling this is going to be one April we will always remember!

And keep you eyes on the prize at the end of this challenge. There is soemthing else you are getting besides a weight loss!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Hutch...

Drink your water (said in a firm, but gentle voice)!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great to me KAM!

Give me that water glass...LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice

When did we start looking on the back of a box,a pkg,or a bottle to see how many of those words we read are information on being healthy...As a farm and city gal combined over the years I remember we only had what our Mom, Grandmother or Aunts cooked or baked and put on the table...Blessing was prayed and the food was eaten...Our food came from each others farms or bought fresh only...Homemade meant homemade...not boxed...Yes those calories and carbs were many...but most people were out walking and playing games outside...no matter what age...Now we find we are having to relearn how to loss our weight and get our families back on track...Years have brought us many changes but we are still learning...We will get there....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-10-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

What I find that has helped me lately is....I wrote down what my whole meal was I have eaten...the I write what the real version of this meal would have been...and compared it really does make a difference for me...I am more careful now....

B...none
L....Atkins Chili Con Carne ... added 1/4 c. of ground beef. Real chili no beans....1sm.patty..
Atkins choc..coconut bar Reg...Snickers bar....
Total....676 cals...27 carbs.. 7 net carbs Total.....789 cals...38 carbs....

I don't eat much Atkins but I got them on sale and they are good to send with DH for work...but I ate those today.....so I am learning good carbs from bad and cal..count if too high...

No Califlower Pizza tonight...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-10-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What I find that has helped me lately is....I wrote down what my whole meal was I have eaten...the I write what the real version of this meal would have been...and compared it really does make a difference for me...I am more careful now....

B...none
L....Atkins Chili Con Carne ... added 1/4 c. of ground beef. Real chili no beans....1sm.patty..
Atkins choc..coconut bar Reg...Snickers bar....
Total....676 cals...27 carbs.. 7 net carbs Total.....789 cals...38 carbs....

I don't eat much Atkins but I got them on sale and they are good to send with DH for work...but I ate those today.....so I am learning good carbs from bad and cal..count if too high...

No Califlower Pizza tonight...
LADY- what is cauliflower pizza? Just the name makes me want to try it.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

There is a recipe in the Atkins recipes...here...but here is what I use...

1 c. cooked cauliflower... I microwave it and drain it good...it says rice it...lol...soft but not mushy..
1 c. shredded mozzarella
Old 04-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Carrie...there is a recipe in the Atkins recipes...and I just put Cauliflower pizza online and it came up with it...and picture...We love it...easy to make with cauliflower ....and just add the toppings you enjoy on your pizza....I like my crust to brown some...good
Old 04-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Carrie...there is a recipe in the Atkins recipes...and I just put Cauliflower pizza online and it came up with it...and picture...We love it...easy to make with cauliflower ....and just add the toppings you enjoy on your pizza....I like my crust to brown some...good

Thank you!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Carbs: 24
Knee Exercises: Yup

Remember this is day one of the five days we have to maintain or lose a little more. Goal is to keep this first chunk of weight off!!!! Then ten more days to lose another chunk.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

I can not post my carbs today because I fell so far off the wagon that I can no longer see it, lol. Well. I ate decent meals, but caved on many snacks today. Honestly, I'm not sure if I am going to get back on the wagon. Sure, skinny would be nice but it does not define who I am. Do I really need to lose weight? Besides. At the rate I am going it will take years. With today's weigh in I can say I only lost 2.4 lbs in 4 weeks. My first goal is 175. Just 30 lbs from now but it will take me 12 months to get there. That's just my first goal.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Well I had 8 net carbs with my Atkins lunch and candy ....mmmmm
No carbs for B. or S.
Zero coke , 2 glasses Iced Tea...sweet and low...2 carb...
Drinking water now...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Reddress - NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us! You haven't gained! That is the positive. I understand skinny shouldn't define who you are but won't you feel better? I have been where you are. I just got married, and I even said....well shoot, I am married now, so who cares.... I GAINED WEIGHT and then I felt miserable. I truly honestly would hate to see you leave. Please don't go.....
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

B- 2 scoops sausage scramble - 3 carbs
L- Gyro meat with feta cheese - 0 carbs
D- chicken, shrimp steak fajita's minus the tortilla - 0 carbs
Sour cream - 1 carb????
Snack - One cheese stick - 1 carb
total = 5

Oh yeah, and LOTS of Crystal Light!

Today, I got the chance to walk on the tidal basin and enjoy the Cherry Blossoms. I got my walk in and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Reddress - NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us! You haven't gained! That is the positive. I understand skinny shouldn't define who you are but won't you feel better? I have been where you are. I just got married, and I even said....well shoot, I am married now, so who cares.... I GAINED WEIGHT and then I felt miserable. I truly honestly would hate to see you leave. Please don't go.....
The thing is, in many ways I don't feel better. I don't have this extra energy that was talked about, and I find all the meal planning and cooking and counting to be very stressful. I get home from work at 10pm, then have to cook for myself for the next day. I'm obsessed with the scale, logging all the food, and this whole thing has taken over my life. I don't know that I want it at that cost.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Well, to be honest....I eat on the run most of the time. I haven't cooked in a week or so. I find this WOE the easiest to eat on the run. It always easy to grab a burger or sandwich and ditch the bun. I don't count anything but carbs. I have lost a significant amount of weight in a short period of time but I did gain 10 pounds back. (lost it again though.) I have started drinking crystal light with added caffeine for a boost of energy. It works well. I completely understand where you are coming from, but really don't want to see you go. :-(
Old 04-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

[quote=CBOZ;16871715]Well, to be honest....I eat on the run most of the time. I haven't cooked in a week or so. I find this WOE the easiest to eat on the run. It always easy to grab a burger or sandwich and ditch the bun. I don't count anything but carbs. I have lost a significant amount of weight in a short period of time but I did gain 10 pounds back. (lost it again though.) I have started drinking crystal light with added caffeine for a boost of energy. It works well. I completely understand where you are coming from, but really don't want to see you go. :-( [quote]

If I could eat on the run it would even be easier, lol, but I work in an environment where I don't get meal breaks and I am not allowed to leave the premises when I do get a short break. So I can't go out and grab a burger. I have to have everything with me.

I only count carbs too, but it takes time to track everything. It just is consuming a lot of my thoughts and time, and I know it's new and all, but my family deserves my thoughts and time, you know?

Last edited by Reddress; 04-10-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

It does get hard at times and the weight takes its own time to leave our bodies but I would rather go one day at a time and not gain another unwanted and unneeded pound ....I miss all the smells that use to come from my kitchen with all the fresh home made foods....I miss the cooking just for fun ....I would give anything to be able to let go and enjoy all those wonderful foods I still would enjoy.....BUT...I know I have had to go forward in my life and make these changes so I will live...I still do not go without good food ...I just am learning to cook differently...it will be worth it...I don't care to let the scales own my life...I don't let the carb count that got a little too high for a day make me sad...I just do the best I can and keep my mind on the important things and people around me....but if I don't take care of ME...I want be here for them at all.....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-10-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It does get hard at times and the weight takes its own time to leave our bodies but I would rather go one day at a time and not gain another unwanted and unneeded pound ....I miss all the smells that use to come from my kitchen with all the fresh home made foods....I miss the cooking just for fun ....I would give anything to be able to let go and enjoy all those wonderful foods I still would enjoy.....BUT...I know I have had to go forward in my life and make these changes so I will live...I still do not go without good food ...I just am learning to cook differently...it will be worth it...I don't care to let the scales own my life...I don't let the carb count that got a little too high for a day make me sad...I just do the best I can and keep my mind on the important things and people around me....but if I don't take care of ME...I want be here for them at all.....
Good for you for having such an incredible attitude and sticking with things!!

One thing that stuck with me from your post, was the "I don't care to let the scales own my life." I guess to me, I feel like I am because I was trying to lose weight in the first place. I never used to care, and I honestly don't know how I got to this place where what I weighed became such a big deal. When I am trying to follow this WOE, I am following it because the scale is owning my life. As for taking care of me, is this taking care of me? If I spent half the time I spend cooking and reading, and obsessing over LC and what the scale will say, and did I drink enough water, and do I need more fat, and no. no snack now, wait for meals, are you hungry or thirsty? drink more water...round and round it goes...If I spent half that time exercising, I'd probably be healthier than just doing this diet. When did skinnier become synonymous with healthier? Sure, I've lost some pounds, but I still have no endurance and get winded walking at a quick pace for more than a few blocks. Being skinnier won't change that.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Life is full of stresses of all kinds daily in our lives...If we are on a diet or a change of weight plan for life or just eating plan food that we love ...It is a mental choice we have to be comfortable with...We all go thur these feelings thru the years...We each have to find happiness with our choices....If my family where to visit...I would cook up everything they love....but for myself...I know I would have to be careful...It is hard when you have a family at home to take care of or a busy life and it takes a lot of time for those things each day to deal with...So mentally you have to just be ready to lose when your heart and body says go for it....Relax and enjoy your life...LC doesn't have to be so stressful and still you can loss...even a small amt...over a time...But you must be happy no matter what choice you make for yourself....
Old 04-11-2014, 04:30 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Didn't get a chance to post carb counts yesterday. I had one of those social events I wrote about - a potluck dinner with a group of graduating students (I am a college professor). I think I did okay, but for all I know there could have been tons of hidden carbs in some of what I ate. Not going to stress about it, though - I did my best with the choices available!

B = coffee w/ HWC
L = 3 egg scramble w/ bacon & spinach
D = grilled chicken, raw veggies w/ artichoke dip, green salad w/ strawberries & feta cheese, raspberry vinegarette dressing

Total carbs for the day - 48; net carbs - 38
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Well. What did I do this morning? Stepped on the scale for the damage. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad ting that I care so much.

One day off the wagon - I gained back the 2.4 lbs I have lost in the last 4 weeks, and I have gained an inch each in both of what I call my upper and lower waist.

I don't know if I should let this stand as proof that I can never go off plan again and just take the time to mourn all the things I will never taste again. (I don't handle most artificial sweeteners well, so I will never drink another thing but water and coffee again, never have a sweet treat, etc). Or look at in in the way of what was wrong with my body that it is so desperate to hold onto everything? Was I starving it?

I'm so confused.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
Good for you for having such an incredible attitude and sticking with things!!

One thing that stuck with me from your post, was the "I don't care to let the scales own my life." I guess to me, I feel like I am because I was trying to lose weight in the first place. I never used to care, and I honestly don't know how I got to this place where what I weighed became such a big deal. When I am trying to follow this WOE, I am following it because the scale is owning my life. As for taking care of me, is this taking care of me? If I spent half the time I spend cooking and reading, and obsessing over LC and what the scale will say, and did I drink enough water, and do I need more fat, and no. no snack now, wait for meals, are you hungry or thirsty? drink more water...round and round it goes...If I spent half that time exercising, I'd probably be healthier than just doing this diet. When did skinnier become synonymous with healthier? Sure, I've lost some pounds, but I still have no endurance and get winded walking at a quick pace for more than a few blocks. Being skinnier won't change that.
RED: We don't want you to quit!!!!! You have lost, but you also have to feel good about yourself in all ways.

Would you have time to cook up a lot of things when cooking one. For example, when making chicken breast, cook a whole bunch up and then you can just grab from left overs when packing your food or boil a lot of eggs and grab a couple when packing food. Can you get already sliced veggies at a store near you and then just dip them in ranch dip or something that you like.

If you are tired of counting carbs, then don't. What if you just left out all breads, pasta, rice, flour and potatoes. Then you are leaving out a huge amount of carbs.

If you are tired of living around the scale, then throw it out. Focus on doing what makes your feel good about yourself. Do what makes you feel healthier.
Instead of walking at a quick pace, walk at a comfortable pace and just enjoy the sites. You are still exercising at this point.

If you think you are getting hungry, then drink a glass of water. Are you still hungry after that? Then eat a snack.

I am not very good at writing things and expressing myself very well so the main thought behind by jibberish is we just want you to know that we support you!!!