Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
B = coffee w/ HWC
L = cheeseburger salad; olives & Dubliner cheese
D = taco salad

Total carbs for the day - 30; net carbs for the day - 20
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Way to go everyone! I can't wait to see the weigh in results!!

B: OMM, 1 tbls peanut butter, BPC

L: Steak and wilted spinach salad

S: Steak and tomato and avocado salad

Total carbs: 15

So I am thinking of changing my nutrition plan from Atkins. While I am finding foods I am enjoying eating, I feel like I am missing out on other healthy options. I still think it is best to do low-er carb, but I am feeling unbalanced. Plain and simple, I haven't been feeling really good with this WOE. I am thinking that some thing more along the line of South Beach may be a better fit for me. My goal truly is not to lose weight, but to be healthier. I think a less restrictive diet coupled with more exercise would do better in accomplishing that goal. It's hard to make that jump though and switch...maybe it will not be any different, or not work, or any number of things....
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:55 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
Way to go everyone! I can't wait to see the weigh in results!!

B: OMM, 1 tbls peanut butter, BPC

L: Steak and wilted spinach salad

S: Steak and tomato and avocado salad

Total carbs: 15

So I am thinking of changing my nutrition plan from Atkins. While I am finding foods I am enjoying eating, I feel like I am missing out on other healthy options. I still think it is best to do low-er carb, but I am feeling unbalanced. Plain and simple, I haven't been feeling really good with this WOE. I am thinking that some thing more along the line of South Beach may be a better fit for me. My goal truly is not to lose weight, but to be healthier. I think a less restrictive diet coupled with more exercise would do better in accomplishing that goal. It's hard to make that jump though and switch...maybe it will not be any different, or not work, or any number of things....
RED - I think you should do what makes you feel best especially if you are not feeling well consistently on the program you are doing. I know it is a hard jump but you have to do something that allows you to enjoy your life at the same time. I don't know much about the South Beach diet. I am doing a Glycemic Load diet. Mainly because of my diabetes but with this diet I eat some fruits and I have to say, I feel better than other times when I have tried the Atkins Diet and got the Atkins Flu. Haven't felt this way at all on this diet. Mainly it is no flour, bread, rice, pasta and the carbs you are eating are called "slow carbs". They don't turn into sugar as quickly.

I wish you luck in whatever decision you make. And remember, we are all here to support you in whatever woe you decide on.

Have a wonderful day!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Last nights Meals/Carbs -

B- 2 scoops sausage crumbles - 0 carbs.
L-2 Mcdoubles - bun - 4 carbs
D- Just Snacks -1 package Yummy Snack Chips - 1 carb, 1 atkins Peanut Butter Cup - 2 net carbs

Snack - I was BAD - I drank a regular gatorade. :-( 21 carbs.

total for the day 28 carbs
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Red - I am wondering if I should change plans as well. I don't always feel the best either. I need to do some research about the other diets. I will start with the South Beach diet. I have heard great things about it. Best of luck. I do want to make a lifestyle change so as to sticking to something that I don't feel the best on....nah....not for me. I am sticking with it for now, but shopping my options.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Red....I agree....sometimes we all need a change...I have several friends that do very well South Beach and they have for years....
For myself my plan is just to always keep the processed foods out....I give myself a free meal that I plan way in advance if I need it...for it seems to help me...most of the time I don't use it...Just like I didn't on our little getaway lately....But I just get back on track to my basic plan...I would love to lose everyday but I just will wait until it happens and be blessed that I am doing it my way for myself....so be happy with you own choice.

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemc View Post
RED - I think you should do what makes you feel best especially if you are not feeling well consistently on the program you are doing. I know it is a hard jump but you have to do something that allows you to enjoy your life at the same time. I don't know much about the South Beach diet. I am doing a Glycemic Load diet. Mainly because of my diabetes but with this diet I eat some fruits and I have to say, I feel better than other times when I have tried the Atkins Diet and got the Atkins Flu. Haven't felt this way at all on this diet. Mainly it is no flour, bread, rice, pasta and the carbs you are eating are called "slow carbs". They don't turn into sugar as quickly.

I wish you luck in whatever decision you make. And remember, we are all here to support you in whatever woe you decide on.

Have a wonderful day!!
From what I've read about South Beach, it is similar to Glycemic Load. What you've described is what I would like to do, and what has felt good to me and my body in the past. Still making good choices, but some more options and a bit more balance, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Last nights Meals/Carbs -

B- 2 scoops sausage crumbles - 0 carbs.
L-2 Mcdoubles - bun - 4 carbs
D- Just Snacks -1 package Yummy Snack Chips - 1 carb, 1 atkins Peanut Butter Cup - 2 net carbs

Snack - I was BAD - I drank a regular gatorade. :-( 21 carbs.

total for the day 28 carbs
You weren't bad, you had a learning experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Red - I am wondering if I should change plans as well. I don't always feel the best either. I need to do some research about the other diets. I will start with the South Beach diet. I have heard great things about it. Best of luck. I do want to make a lifestyle change so as to sticking to something that I don't feel the best on....nah....not for me. I am sticking with it for now, but shopping my options.
I am just starting research into South Beach and Glycemic Load, and a few others. Part of me thinks I should have a specific plan, but then part of me thinks I should be responsible enough to make good choices on my own. I don't know.

I've also been looking at a plan called Trim Healthy Mama. A friend of mine is doing it, is feeling great, has lost weight, and is eating incredible food. I definitely think I will be borrowing some recipes from there - most of them are LC and would also be acceptable for Glycemic Load as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Red....I agree....sometimes we all need a change...I have several friends that do very well South Beach and they have for years....
For myself my plan is just to always keep the processed foods out....I give myself a free meal that I plan way in advance if I need it...for it seems to help me...most of the time I don't use it...Just like I didn't on our little getaway lately....But I just get back on track to my basic plan...I would love to lose everyday but I just will wait until it happens and be blessed that I am doing it my way for myself....so be happy with you own choice.
This is part of what I am going to do too. Honestly, the number on the scale has become way to important to me and it never used to be. I started working at becoming healthier 3 months ago. I lost focus on that and it turned into becoming skinnier. I really don't care what I weigh, but I want a healthy body. I know now I have to watch carbs, and my body does best with "natural" foods. Now to get the exercise portion up and going...lol
Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

OOOPS forgot the meme of the day!!!

Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
OOOPS forgot the meme of the day!!!

Great one. Laughed out loud -loudly I might add at this one!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice

Days and years pass for the youth slowly...Days and years for the older go fast...
Our bodies go thur many changes during this process....we gain fast, we lose slow, But at the end of the day we gather here together to encourage each other....We are learning by being able to work with our own WOE plan and know we are all going to lose those unwanted pounds and reach our final goal one day soon....
Old 04-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Hi!

Red: Great cartoon.

Lady: Wise words

Had a great day! Can't wait to weigh tomorrow and to add up all of our loses together.

Carbs: 16 so far
Knee Exercises: All done!

How are the rest of you doing on your personal goals?

Great discussion today about which weight loss program to follow. I am basically doing my own thing. I have been very healthy for three years and I have tons of energy. I am eating low carb and learning more about it all the time.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Carbs today - 33.

8 glasses of water down!!

Way to go KAM on your knee exercises.

Excited and nervous for tomorrow. I know that my belly feels smaller, definitely not as bloated, still a very long way to go. Know most of the weight loss is water weight since I just started on April 1 but that is okay. Weight loss is weight loss and gets me closer to my goal.

Have a great evening everyone and talk with you tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Cac: You said it so well! I am excited and nervous too about tomorrow and ....my belly feels smaller also!

Good job on that water! So are you 8 for 9 for getting your water down? I know you missed one day.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Meals - B- 3 sausage patties - 3 carbs
L- Grilled Turkey Breast - 0 carbs
D- toppings off of 3 pieces sausage and cheese pizza - 4 carbs
S- Atkins Chocolate Caramel Mousse Bar - 2 net carbs

Total - 9

I can't wait until tomorrow. I will post totals for us, as I receive them. (I will just keep updating as people post their numbers :-) good luck everyone!

AS for my personal goal - well I did walk two days this week and the week isn't over. I actually walked 3 but just not over 10K steps. Still haven't made it to the gym to do the 30 minute workout. :-(

Way to go KAM and CAC on your goals! :-)

I loved everyone's posts! :-) I loved the cartoon too. :-)

I want to go to bed now, so I can wake up and get on the scale! lol Fingers crossed. :-)
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

BOZ: I loved this line....

I want to go to bed now, so I can wake up and get on the scale! lol Fingers crossed. :-)

That gave me a smile! I walked past my scale tonight after my shower and smiled thinking I could stand on it tomorrow! I have one of those doctor's kind os scales so I made sure it was calibrated right!.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
Hey guys! I've just got to scream, "I want chocolate!" Nope that didn't help too much, still want it. I'll grab some jello and enjoy.

I'm with CBOZ and am looking forward to getting on the scale. I don't expect much of a loss since I started late but I can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Working on the water goal. I've had 5 glasses today, which is 5 more than I had yesterday.

B- 2 scrambled eggs with a little cheese and a crumbled piece of bacon. 2 sausage patties
L- pepperoni stick
D- a minute steak with a small salad.
S- sugar free jello

Total carbs for the day-8

See everyone tomorrow!
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Food for today
B = coffee w/ HWC
L = boiled egg, almonds, cheese & turkey
D = 2 brats (fresh from the butcher - no fillers!) and cabbage sauteed in bacon grease

Total carbs for the day - 20; net carbs - 14

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!! My clothes feel a tiny bit looser, so I am hopeful for a good number. Sleep well, everybody - talk to you tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

B...bacon strips topped with garden veg..cream cheese
L...Atkins bar....(not my thing) but tried it..
S...Beef patty and buttered cabbage...
Less 20 carbs

Ready for weighin tomorrow...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-09-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
I know there's someplace that will tell me what the abbreviations are that people use. For instance, coffee / HWC. What is HWC???
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhutch47 View Post
I know there's someplace that will tell me what the abbreviations are that people use. For instance, coffee / HWC. What is HWC???
Heavy Whipping Cream.

So today I went a bit off plan. I am hoping this "finding what works for me" thing doesn't come back to bite me in the butt. I did consume less fat today, and I will say I did notice a difference - I was definitely hungry more quickly today without it. Now that said, it always makes me feel so "heavy" and I definitely felt lighter today, like I could more easily breathe.

B: 3 eggs with cheese, had a small cheat and had a "real" coffee with sugar

L: 2 celery stalks, each with 1 tbls natural peanut butter, a smoothie with 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup berries, 1 oz cream cheese and 1/3 tsp Truvia

D: Steak, mixed veggies of Bok choy, celery and mushrooms, coleslaw with no dressing, cheese string

S: ham sausage, cheese, olives

Net Carbs: 35

Geez that seems like a lot of carbs compared to what I have been eating, but I suppose it is still low! It was nice today to feel a little more "balanced" with some healthy yogurt and some fruit.

I'm curious to see my weight tomorrow, but am being cautiously optimistic. I started my TOM today so that will not help my weigh in.

Last edited by Reddress; 04-09-2014 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

I go from under 20 up to 40 sometimes but I still have been losing pretty good...7weeks for me and down 24lbs...I am not caring about losing so fast as really keeping if off...so some days I eat alittle higher...I don't ever crave now but when I want those few peanuts or even that Atkins bar mmm like this week..I eat it....
Old 04-10-2014, 03:43 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

FIVE!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:38 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Great job, kauaimom!!!! WOW!!!

I am down 2.6 pounds. Not as impressive as you, but exactly how much I needed to lose to stay on track for my goal, so I am happy.

Can't wait to read how everyone else is doing!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

WAY TO GO KAM AND TOWER!!!!!!!! Fantastic jobs.

No KAM, I had 2 days I was low on water.

Okay, so I had to step on the scale 3 times to make sure this was right but since I have so much to loose, I know this is water weight mostly.

12 pounds gone. Bye 290's - never will see you again!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

HOLY COW, Carriemc!!!! That is AMAZING!!! Congrats!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Congrats KAM, Tower and Carrie!!!!! So happy you all had good losses!!

My loss is 1.4 lbs. I know a loss is a loss but I am a bit disappointed. I will not make my goal for this month at this rate, unless a whole bunch falls off after TOM.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Well I will take my 1.2 lb loss this time.. since I started here.... I will wait until I lose my other 1lb to move my heart....
Working on drinking my water....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-10-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

WOW!

Those numbers are amazing! Are total so far as a group is a whopping....wait for it.......27.2 POUNDS!

ASTONISHING!!!! I am so proud of each of you!

Summarizing below:

KAM - 5 Pounds - WAY TO GO! I'm with you at:
CBOZ - 5 Pounds
TowerOrchard 2.6 WAY TO GO! That sounds like the perfect number for sustained weight loss!
Carriemc - I lost 16 on my first week! YOU GO GIRL~!
Reddress - 1.4 WAY TO GO! Also sounds like a great number for sustained weight loss! Scale is definitely moving in the right direction!!!!
Ladyinlove - 1.2 WAY TO GO! Ditto on the right number for sustained weight loss!

We are amazing! We can do this. Kam, your idea is certainly paying off. You notice, not one of us has posted a stall or a gain! YEAH!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:49 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

CBOZ, Reddress & Ladyinlove - TERRIFIC JOB!!!

We are doing this!!! So proud of everyone!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Hi KM Been too busy to venture out of my own thread much. How's your weight loss going?
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote