Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Onderland sounds amazing. Looking forward to those days.

30 carbs for today.

Majorly stunk at the water intake. Gotta reach that goal tomorrow!

Here we come Wednesday. Anxious to see how things turn out after 10 days.

Have a great evening everyone!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Carriemc - isn't it Thursday????? I thought we don't weigh in until the 10th. hmmmmm?

B- 2 scoops sausage crumbles from Wawa - 0 carbs
L- 1 cup strawberries with whipped topping and cheese slices - 14 carbs!!!
D- Turkey breast 0 carbs
S- sunflower kernals - 4 carbs

Total 18 carbs! Wow - can I tell you that after eating the extra carbs at lunch I was hungry soon. Not good! I don't like that feeling. :-(
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Carriemc - isn't it Thursday????? I thought we don't weigh in until the 10th. hmmmmm?

D- Turkey breast 0 carbs

Total 18 carbs! Wow - can I tell you that after eating the extra carbs at lunch I was hungry soon. Not good! I don't like that feeling. :-(
That was a lot of cArbs in one sitting though. I'd bet you wouldn't feel so hungry if they were spread throughout the day.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried about your food choices too. You need more food, plain and simple. Yes you are eating meat, but 1.you aren't getting many nutrients, and 2. You aren't consuming enough calories. If you won't add carbs, then add some fat to give your body more fuel. That will help with the sluggishness.

Last edited by Reddress; 04-07-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Only two more days till weigh-in! We will all weigh on the 10th (Thursday) and report our weight loss.

My Netrition order came today. I got Everything Bagels, Sesame Bread, and Onion Crackers. Toasted the bread and had pb and SF jelly on two slices. Delish to me! Only one carb per slice of bread! I will let you know about the other two. I am not sure the taste of the bread was that great, but it looked like bread, felt like bread, and when it was toasted with pb and j on it, it suited me just fine!

Lady: Good job being the Veteran Voice for this challenge. Your words were very wise.

Red: Good job making it through those two 12-hour days eating LC!

Hutch: I will be going to Bed, Bath and Body this weekend to get that spiral thing. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to your post tonight and how you did today.

Carbs: 22
Knee Exercises: Yes! Thanks for encouraging me and keeping me accountable. It is so funny because I feel I can't post until I do them.

CAC: Try to do better on your water tomorrow (said in a gentle sounding voice)

So excited for the 10th!

Any lurkers....you are sure welcome to join. You can join anytime during the month and get encouragement and support, but if you join in the next two days, you will also get a surprise at the end of the month (in ADDITION to your weight loss). To get this bonus, you need to weigh on the 10th, 15th, and 25th and report your weight loss. Also, of course, on May 1st.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

CBOZ - I see you also asked for ideas of carbs to add into your diet - what about using the Atkins induction list as a guide? It's what I still mostly follow and it has a number of foods on it.

Okay, so I've been slacking on my job! Well, not really, lol, I've had work so you all have just had to wait for my daily meme post, LOL!

B: BPC, 2 eggs scrambled in butter with cheese and cream, 2 pieces bacon

L: Spinach salad with egg, bacon, cheese and tomato, and mayo/dill dressing

D: Rib Eye Steak (YUM!!), and Cheesy Cauliflower Mash (cauliflower blended with butter, cream and cheese)

total Carbs: 12
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Okay, updated carb count, LOL! I got a little snacky tonight and it took me a few tries to find what satisfied.

Snacks: turkey "pepperoni", 1oz cheese, celery stalk with 1 tbls natural peanut butter

Updated carbs: 15
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
B..egg,cheese omelet with Jimmy Deans turkey crumbles added.
L...3 thin ham & garden vegetable creamcheese,2 sm. dills
S...Slice of pork roast, buttered cabbage seasoned with Ms..Dash...(original) and garlic powder..
Less than 20 carbs....oh...forgot ...lg...ice tea/sweet low 1 carb...Water
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Mondays are my crazy busy LONG day at work, so I didn't give my carb counts for yesterday.
B = coffee w/ HWC
L = avocado, turkey, cheese, almonds
D = got home exhausted - ate a leftover hamburger patty w/ mayo, lettuce & tomato and went to bed!!!

Total carbs - 22; net carbs - 14

Last edited by TowerOrchard; 04-08-2014 at 03:49 AM..
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:56 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

CBOZ - I just saw you said something about spaghetti squash. My zoodles are different than that - just zucchini cut into spaghetti-sized strips. Spaghetti squash is it's own thing - it's delicious, too, and has a more buttery taste than zucchini. I prefer spaghetti squash for tomato sauces - zucchini is watery and can make marinara sauces weak.

I also realized I had never formally welcomed ladyinlove! So glad to have you join us!

Today is my normal weigh in day, so I am kinda itching to get on the scale. But I will wait!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post

Today is my normal weigh in day, so I am kinda itching to get on the scale. But I will wait!!!
That was me yesterday!! It was very difficult to not step on that scale for an official Monday weigh in. I did take out my measuring tape though, lol
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

D- Turkey breast 0 carbs

Duh, you are right. So off this week. Bummer, now waiting until Thursday!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:10 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
CBOZ - I see you also asked for ideas of carbs to add into your diet - what about using the Atkins induction list as a guide? It's what I still mostly follow and it has a number of foods on it.

Okay, so I've been slacking on my job! Well, not really, lol, I've had work so you all have just had to wait for my daily meme post, LOL!

B: BPC, 2 eggs scrambled in butter with cheese and cream, 2 pieces bacon

L: Spinach salad with egg, bacon, cheese and tomato, and mayo/dill dressing

D: Rib Eye Steak (YUM!!), and Cheesy Cauliflower Mash (cauliflower blended with butter, cream and cheese)

total Carbs: 12
Love the picture and I am totally guilty of that!!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
Only two more days till weigh-in! We will all weigh on the 10th (Thursday) and report our weight loss.

My Netrition order came today. I got Everything Bagels, Sesame Bread, and Onion Crackers. Toasted the bread and had pb and SF jelly on two slices. Delish to me! Only one carb per slice of bread! I will let you know about the other two. I am not sure the taste of the bread was that great, but it looked like bread, felt like bread, and when it was toasted with pb and j on it, it suited me just fine!

Lady: Good job being the Veteran Voice for this challenge. Your words were very wise.

Red: Good job making it through those two 12-hour days eating LC!

Hutch: I will be going to Bed, Bath and Body this weekend to get that spiral thing. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to your post tonight and how you did today.

Carbs: 22
Knee Exercises: Yes! Thanks for encouraging me and keeping me accountable. It is so funny because I feel I can't post until I do them.

CAC: Try to do better on your water tomorrow (said in a gentle sounding voice)

So excited for the 10th!

Any lurkers....you are sure welcome to join. You can join anytime during the month and get encouragement and support, but if you join in the next two days, you will also get a surprise at the end of the month (in ADDITION to your weight loss). To get this bonus, you need to weigh on the 10th, 15th, and 25th and report your weight loss. Also, of course, on May 1st.
Yes ma'am. Gonna do better today because I don't want you using the not so gentle sounding voice. He! He!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello Everyone:

Yesterday's meals -
B-Pork rinds - 0 carbs - yes I know....I was on the run and just grabbed something! lol
L-Cheeseburger from Tim's on the waterfront without Bun - 1 carb for the cheese
D- Gyro meat with small amount of feta cheese - O carbs

Total carb count was only 1. Wow

Now...KAM....I have somewhat extended my induction phase of atkins. I know my carbs are low. But is that horrible? The goal I thought was to stay below 20 carbs. I am really scared to add too many carbs because of the past history I have had with LC. However, I am feeling sluggish and not the greatest like I would when losing weight on a "traditional" low cal diet. Could this be the reason? I would love to hear some suggestions about adding some carbs daily. Perhaps some strawberries to start? What do you think?

Carriemac - thanks for keeping your phone ready. I am glad you didn't have to use it. However, I think I am still thawing out from cruising. I will admit it was lovely though. I just can't wait till it gets warmer!

Tower - I have never had spaghetti Squash. I love pasta and I know many use it in place of the pasta....I wish someone had some so I could try rather than making them just for myself. I will have to put on my brave hat. :-)

Welcome Lady!!!!!

KAM - Kudos for the knee exercises! We knew you could and would do them! Keep up the good work!!!!

Happy Monday, all!
Hey CBOZ, Found this where a woman was feeling similar to what you are feeling and this is what a nutritionist told her:

"When you're feeling sluggish and drained on a low-carb diet, it's because you're body is looking for something to get energy from. And if you're used to eating carbs, which most bodies are, you're body's freaking out about where to get the energy! So, the next place they go is your fat stores. If you notice, after your sluggish hours, you get extremely energized. That's because your fat has LOTS of energy in it. So next time you're feeling sluggish on your low-carb diet, just know you're getting ready to burn fat!"
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Carriemac - Thanks for the advice from the nutritionist. I do notice bursts of energy.

Reddress - I would love to eat more. You suggest adding more fat, but how? Like butter? Food prep for me is very hard because I am always on the go. I am either at work or in my car (I spend almost 5 hours a day at times commuting. :-( ) I HATE VEGETABLES. So I don't know what to add. I could start incorporating salads, but I am a basic person, lettuce, cheese, bacon bits, dressing with the occasional cucumber. I would rather not eat than eat something I detest. I wish I could change my taste buds, but they are busy trying to deal with the aftertaste of sugar substitutes rather than regular sugar. I am getting a bit frustrated here. :-(
Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah...and on the weekends, I run rescue duty at the firehouse, and spend the rest of the time trying to catch up on what I have missed throughout the week. :-(
Old 04-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice

As a woman of an older age I have found that I have set many goals thur out my lifetime...
I found that planning my goal to reach gave me meaning and a purpose to my life. I learned to set my goals to be realistic and attainable ones that I knew I could reach...Setting goals are challenges for us to give directions thru the journey we travel to achieve what we have set out to do...We are using this challenge here today for losing our weight and learning how to keep it off...Reaching our goals ,short or long makes us proud of ourselves.....Gives us strength to reach out to others as we are doing here.....So over the years many goals will be set in your lifetime...Now is the time to reach this one .....

Started exercising with....Walk Away The Pounds (Leslie Sansone)
Water....Must drink my water....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-08-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Carriemac - Thanks for the advice from the nutritionist. I do notice bursts of energy.

Reddress - I would love to eat more. You suggest adding more fat, but how? Like butter? Food prep for me is very hard because I am always on the go. I am either at work or in my car (I spend almost 5 hours a day at times commuting. :-( ) I HATE VEGETABLES. So I don't know what to add. I could start incorporating salads, but I am a basic person, lettuce, cheese, bacon bits, dressing with the occasional cucumber. I would rather not eat than eat something I detest. I wish I could change my taste buds, but they are busy trying to deal with the aftertaste of sugar substitutes rather than regular sugar. I am getting a bit frustrated here. :-(
CBOZ - can you add in something like peanuts or even one of those atkins bar that you can carry with you and they don't have to be refrigerated. And...YOU ARE ONE BUSY WOMAN! Don't know how you find time to do all that.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Are we on a diet or a weight loss plan for life to be healthy and slim....?

While reading thru the threads I noticed the good and the bad ....When I read that people are living on B. 1boiled egg.....L...1boiled egg...and....S...one baked chicken thigh ..oh without the skin...I think disaster.....I can understand if you only have 5lbs to lose ...I guess go for it for a couple of days...fit into that little too tight skirt....but when you need to loss a large amt..of weight that has been added over the years....We need to learn to lose the weight on a healthy weight plan....and learn something as we do this...
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemc View Post
CBOZ - can you add in something like peanuts or even one of those atkins bar that you can carry with you and they don't have to be refrigerated. And...YOU ARE ONE BUSY WOMAN! Don't know how you find time to do all that.
I second this!!!! LOL!!!

For adding fat - put coconut oil and butter in your coffee, make some fat bombs, carry around bacon?? (LOL, only half joking on that one!) Nuts are awesome, cheese, mayo when you have your burgers? Avocados are incredible sources of fat and they are fairly portable - slice one for on your burger too?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Some more thought for the day:

Last edited by Reddress; 04-08-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

CBOZ, have you tried mashed cauliflower? I cut cauliflower up into florets, steam it, drain it well and put it in the food processor with butter & a little cream cheese. It has the mouth feel of velvety mashed potatoes and tastes mostly like butter! That might be a way to introduce both fat & veggies into your diet in a lc friendly way.

I mentioned early on that my challenge this month was navigating all the social events I have to attend. This Friday, I am going with DH to his all school high school reunion (the school is turning 100). The original plan was going to a catered banquet type thing, where none of the choices would have worked for me (BAD NEWS!). But DH's class just decided to do their own thing at a nearby restaurant that a guy from his class owns (GOOD NEWS!). But then I found out it is an Italian restaurant, so I was back to thinking there would be no good options for me (BAD NEWS!). I finally took time this morning to look up the restaurant's menu, and found out they have a antipasto appetizer that will work perfectly for me (GREAT NEWS!). Here it is: sliced salami, cappacola, pepperoni, and prosciutto served with fresh mozzarella, artisan cheeses,kalamata olives, and roasted red bell pepper. YUM!!! So I am now looking forward to this event that I was dreading before!.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Reddress....Amen to that thought...yessss

Tower...that sounds like fun ...it is nice to already know what you can have on the menu...Now just have fun with DH

Those P3 pkg....are great with the little chunks of cheese,(ham or turkey pieces) and almonds or peanuts...Just a little add in when you need alittle extra fat...NUTS..
Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Love this!!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Carb count for the day - 37.

KAM, I drank my water. Knew I had to drink the water so you would not kick my bootie. He! He!

TOWER - I am going to have to try your cauliflower recipe. Sounds delicious!! So glad things have worked out for the high school reunion. The antipasto sounds really good also.

LADY - I have seen those P3 advertised. Definitely going to have to give them a try.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Talk with you all tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Howdy!

Carbs: 21
Knee Exercises: You betcha!

CAC: Good job on that water!

Tower: I remember the first day of this challenge (I think it was the first day) when you told us about all the social events that were planned for this month, and yet you were determined to do well. It was so fun for me to read the bad news, good news, bad news, good news post today about going to the high school reunion! How fun is that!

Red: Great picture of trying to find the package in the garbage to see the carb count. Many times I have thought I cut out the part of the package that had the carb counts on it and saved it, but could not find it. I would look in the recycling, but it was not there!

Can you believe it??? ONE MORE DAY! Have a strong day tomorrow everyone! We weigh in on Thursday! YAY!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
Quote:

Reddress I love that quote and it is so true. I will have to remind myself of this when I'm feeling like eating something I shouldn't.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
Didn't get to post my carb count yesterday so...

B-2 boiled eggs and 2 sausage patties
L- hamburger patty, 1oz cheese
D- cup of salad, 3 chicken wings
S- pork rinds, sugar free jello.

Today's menu, I had a migraine until about 7 tonight so I didn't eat too much today until dinner.

B- none
L-sugar free jello
D- salad, 4 chicken wings
S- pepperoni stick

Need to work on my water intake! Looking forward to Thursday even though I haven't had the entire 10 days. Any loss I will be happy with.

See everyone tomorrow.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hutch! Great to see you posting your carb counts! Don't worry about a big weight loss on Thursday. You started late.

Say, I see your personal goal is to drink more water. How about if you post how many glasses you drink a day. We will help keep you accountable!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Carb less than 20
Ready for my Walk Away the Pounds in the morning...only 1mile for now....