Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
And WELCOME lhutch!!!!! Glad to see you join. This is a great support group. :-) Oh yeah...and the challenge is pretty darn good too. :-)

Welcome again!
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
And WELCOME lhutch!!!!! Glad to see you join. This is a great support group. :-) Oh yeah...and the challenge is pretty darn good too. :-)

Welcome again!
yes...welcome
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
Welcome lhutch47! Not too late to join. Our first weigh in is April 10th. We will weigh on April 10, 15, 25. So that gives you five days till our first one. Post lots. We are a friendly group. Cac is an ace when it comes to drinking water. Maybe she can share some tips on how she does it. I force it down. And I also check off little boxes so I know how much I drank.

I bought Joseph's Pita Bread Pockets and Labash bread. Will let you know how they work out. Got them at my local grocery store.

I need "Grabbers." I need something I can grab fast. Gone is the bowl of cereal, quick sandwich, etc. Well, actually I CAN have the sandwich with some of these new breads I am getting. I want to go to the kitchen, GRAB something, and sit down and eat it. No thinking, no planning, no cooking, etc. It will be there ready to grab!

Tomorrow I am making the SF jello/cream cheese recipe. I am going to experiment with freezing it in ice cube trays. Wondering if that would make a fun "Grabber."

Carb count: 23
Knee exercises: None
This is NOT OK. I have a bad knee and have been to a physical therapist. I need to do these knee exercises for life! I need to have them become a part of my life! Please help make me be accountable. Feel free to bawl me out (gently).

Hope everyone has had a good day and has stayed strong. I can't remember if I shared this before. I saw it somewhere lately...

"When you think about quitting, think about why you started."
KAM - haha! my secret to drinking water is 1. hold my nose 2. drink it as fast as possible. put bottle down and repeat steps 1 and 2. lol

You can do these knee exercises. You have started this amazing group to help us all get through this challenge this month and we are here to make sure you do your daily knee exercises. Can you do them in a chair while you are watching tv? You can do this. Now, I mean this in the most friendly way...GO DO YOUR KNEE EXERCISES!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Tower, I have been thinking the same thing that CBOZ asked...what are zoodles.

COBZ - have fun, have my phone ready, just in case, lol, you are a stronger person than me. I would be bundled up so much, would not matter how pretty it was, I wouldn't be able to see it because of everything I was wearing.

Okay my carb count yesterday was 32. Little too low for the program I am doing. Need to add more greens, etc. into my diet. Was a very bad girl last night. Ate a snack late. I am terrible at trying to stop that. It was a low carb snack but I also know it was way to late to be eating before bed.

Getting excited for the 10th.

Have a great LOW-CARBING DAY today!

CBOZ - come back safe and sound.
KAM - in the sweetest voice I could possibly use, please go do your knee exercises.

Okay off to hold my nose and drink more water.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tigeress
Stats: 196/177/126.
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 3rd 2014
User name:tigeress

Realistic weight loss goal for month of April: 7lbs

Additional “personal goal” (share one only): 3/4 exercise sessions per week

Volunteer position (optional):
Tigeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Welcome Tigeress! And I really mean a that. A warm welcome to you! I think you will find this group friendly and fun. Just this morning I started my day will a chuckle. The kind you can hear (well...hmmmm.....not sure you can chuckle without noise!). Anyway, my point is, I think you will get some smiles along the way - AND great support!

I wish I could extend your first weigh-in date till ten days from now, but for you and hutch, it will just be a shorter time span at the beginning. Then you will get in the groove.

I need you (if you want) to weigh on April 10, 15, and 25. Just those days. And, of course, at the end of the month also as this is a monthly challenge.

If you weigh on those days, you are going to get something BESIDES your weight loss. You need to have a weight loss to get the special bonus. I am pretty sure you are going to love it!

I have never run a challenge before, so I do not have a clue how this works. I just love to organize, and this has already been more than I had hoped for. There are some guidelines to follow and also some volunteer positions. I created those positions to help keep people accountable to this challenge.

Please post your carb counts every day and also how you are doing on your personal goal.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Greetings to lhutch & tigeress! Glad to have you with us on the journey!!

Zoodles are zucchini that you put through a spiral slicer to turn them into a thin spaghetti shape. Zucchini + noodles = zoodles!!! I love them.

I am trying to take some deep breaths and enjoy this day. Starting tomorrow, my schedule turns into absolute insanity until May 3rd. Glad I have you guys to keep me accountable!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Welcome lhutch & tigeress!!! Very glad to have you join us. This is definitely a very fun group!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Tower: What is a spiral slicer and where do I get one? And then after you put them through that, do you cook them or just pour a hot spaghetti sauce or other sauce over them?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

A spiral slicer is a cutting tool that cuts vegetables into thin, narrow shapes by using rotating blades. I got mine off of eBay - check out the Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer. That's the one I have & it is super easy to use & clean.

I use them all different ways. Sometimes I stick them in boiling water for just a little bit, drain well and toss with alfredo, pesto or other low carb sauce. Sometimes I saute them in butter and just add spices.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Hi KM
Old 04-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Food & counts for today:
B= HWC w/ coffee
L= leftover pork chop w/ hot wing sauce & mashed cauliflower (with butter & cream cheese)
D= steak & spinach sauteed in bacon grease

Total carbs for the day - 18; net carbs for the day - 12
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Hello... I love your group....As I read your post I feel like I am at my weight group meeting and never had to get out of my PJs ...I love the organized positions everyone has and all the things you keep up with...I will have to go back and take notes but I will...lol
I would love to join you...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

We would love to have you join us ladyinlove56. Hope it is OK if I call you "lady." I have shortened names just so I can type them faster. I am called KM or KAM. Whatever works for you.

We are doing our first weigh in on April 10th. Please do not weigh until then. Your time will be a lot shorter (3 days), but hopefully you will have a small weight loss. Here is the unproven, scientific theory behind the weigh-ins.
Ten days - then weigh. Hopefully a good weight loss
Five days - then weigh. Hopefully maintain.
Ten days - then weigh. Hopefully some more weight off.
Then weigh the first day of May.

Actually, it is all made up, but I think it might actually make sense!

Then the biggie....is that if you weigh on April 10th, 15th, and 25th, you are going to get something OTHER than a weight loss. This is the really fun part. But you will need to weigh in on those dates and have a weight loss on May 1st. That is all you need to do to get the special bonus.

Please post every day the amount of carbs and a personal goal. There is a post somewhere that you can copy and paste.

Think about a volunteer position also. It is totally optional, but keeps us all accountable. Sounds like you have been around a while, so maybe we could create a new position for you....Veteran Voice.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Knee Exercises: YESSSSS
Leg Lifts.. check
Clam...check
Pelvic lifts....check
Wall squats...check

I knew I could not check in with my stats UNTIL I had done my knee exercises. Please continue to keep me accountable with your GENTLE reaming me out! No, not really. Just gentle encouragement.

Welcome hutch, tigeresss, and ladyinlove56. There is plenty of days left in this month. Also, if you can get a weigh in on the 10th, you can qualify for the surprise. If people want to join after the tenth, they are more than welcome...they just would not be able to get the surprise. It would not be possible, even if I wanted them to get it.

CAC - you are the one that made me chuckle this morning...actually almost spit. I loved your secret to getting your eight glasses of water down.

Tower - thanks for the explanation on the Zoodles. I think I want to start incorporating them into my weekly menu.

GOB - Hi back! Say, are you weighing with us on the 10th? I sure hope so. I know you are on the last leg of your weight loss, but we would love to have you weigh-in on the 10th, 15th, and 25th with us. Even if you are done a fraction of a pound on May 1st, you will get the bonus.

BOZ - Are you sure you are getting enough carbs. I am a little worried about you. Are you planning to add some more soon?

Red - I am impressed with your menu and how healthy and varied it seems. I also cracked up at your comments about being a "loser." Don't worry about it. Just lose any amount of weight by May 1st.

BOZ and I will let you know about our Netrition orders.

BeachBod - You are missed.

News flash! I found something today (food product) that I can't wait to share with you! I am so pumped. I will try it first in a variety of ways and tweak it a little so when I tell you, I will know for sure it is as exciting as I think. I tried it one way today and just sat back and sighed. It was that good and very LC!

Only three more days till the first weigh in!

Onward!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Why don't I check my posts over before I push send. Man, there are like four grammar mistakes. I type too fast.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the welcome Kam...

Total carbs 18
I do not snack most days.....but I am always ready if I need too...
I never eat after 5:30pm....just a small goal I set for myself

Goal....to enjoy finding some new dress clothes to wear on date night with my DH

I will not weigh until 10th....okkkkkk lol
Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Why don't I check my posts over before I push send. Man, there are like four grammar mistakes. I type too fast.
It's ok...we are all convinced that you are extremely intelligent
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
Start Date: March 2014
Welcome lhutch, tigress, and ladyinlove!!!!

PHEW!!! My weekend "on" is over! Two 12 hour shifts for yesterday and today and I am beat! Too bad I have to work again at 9am, LOL!

I made it through the weekend on LC! I packed my own meals and was worried I wouldn't be able to eat them (long story) but I decided I was going to put up a big fight if I needed to. In the end, my co-worker was okay with it, and once I explained to my clients that it was a special diet to make me healthier so I had to bring my own food, they were great with it. I also made it through a birthday party without having a single bite of cake, ice cream, or potato chips.

Carbs Saturday: 21 (used store bought dressing, ate some nuts, ate some pickles and ham that had sugar in them (hubby made me a "low carb" snack for when I came home from work, our ideas of low carb aren't the same but it was a nice gesture, lol) )

Carbs Sunday: 10 (ate clean all day, just meats, cheese/cream, and veggies)
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Carb count for yesterday was 31 - Gotta go to the store and get some more "green" stuff to eat.

Got my 8 glasses of what in. Thought it was getting easier - boy was I wrong. I know this is for the better but Mtn. Dew sure goes down easier than water.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Got a sick doggie on my hands and have to go to the vet so may not be on very much today.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice...well that sure fits me at this age in my life....As a Veteran Voice I have for sure had the experience to use my life experience to voice out loud...As a voice that speaks the truth I have learned to cry tears, laugh with loud laughter, pray over the answers to why it might have happened , and give voice to know you are not alone...I have been thru it all...so as a Veteran Voice I am here ...

Being honest with ourself is the best policy we will ever sign....
Old 04-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Knee Exercises: YESSSSS
Leg Lifts.. check
Clam...check
Pelvic lifts....check
Wall squats...check

I knew I could not check in with my stats UNTIL I had done my knee exercises. Please continue to keep me accountable with your GENTLE reaming me out! No, not really. Just gentle encouragement.

Welcome hutch, tigeresss, and ladyinlove56. There is plenty of days left in this month. Also, if you can get a weigh in on the 10th, you can qualify for the surprise. If people want to join after the tenth, they are more than welcome...they just would not be able to get the surprise. It would not be possible, even if I wanted them to get it.

CAC - you are the one that made me chuckle this morning...actually almost spit. I loved your secret to getting your eight glasses of water down.

Tower - thanks for the explanation on the Zoodles. I think I want to start incorporating them into my weekly menu.

GOB - Hi back! Say, are you weighing with us on the 10th? I sure hope so. I know you are on the last leg of your weight loss, but we would love to have you weigh-in on the 10th, 15th, and 25th with us. Even if you are done a fraction of a pound on May 1st, you will get the bonus.

BOZ - Are you sure you are getting enough carbs. I am a little worried about you. Are you planning to add some more soon?

Red - I am impressed with your menu and how healthy and varied it seems. I also cracked up at your comments about being a "loser." Don't worry about it. Just lose any amount of weight by May 1st.

BOZ and I will let you know about our Netrition orders.

BeachBod - You are missed.

News flash! I found something today (food product) that I can't wait to share with you! I am so pumped. I will try it first in a variety of ways and tweak it a little so when I tell you, I will know for sure it is as exciting as I think. I tried it one way today and just sat back and sighed. It was that good and very LC!

Only three more days till the first weigh in!

Onward!
WTG KAM...you got your knee exercises in. Proud of you!!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone:

Yesterday's meals -
B-Pork rinds - 0 carbs - yes I know....I was on the run and just grabbed something! lol
L-Cheeseburger from Tim's on the waterfront without Bun - 1 carb for the cheese
D- Gyro meat with small amount of feta cheese - O carbs

Total carb count was only 1. Wow

Now...KAM....I have somewhat extended my induction phase of atkins. I know my carbs are low. But is that horrible? The goal I thought was to stay below 20 carbs. I am really scared to add too many carbs because of the past history I have had with LC. However, I am feeling sluggish and not the greatest like I would when losing weight on a "traditional" low cal diet. Could this be the reason? I would love to hear some suggestions about adding some carbs daily. Perhaps some strawberries to start? What do you think?

Carriemac - thanks for keeping your phone ready. I am glad you didn't have to use it. However, I think I am still thawing out from cruising. I will admit it was lovely though. I just can't wait till it gets warmer!

Tower - I have never had spaghetti Squash. I love pasta and I know many use it in place of the pasta....I wish someone had some so I could try rather than making them just for myself. I will have to put on my brave hat. :-)

Welcome Lady!!!!!

KAM - Kudos for the knee exercises! We knew you could and would do them! Keep up the good work!!!!

Happy Monday, all!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice:

As I was lurking around this morning I noticed the question out there was ...Why do so many of us stop and restart so many times....Well my answer to this is...LIFE...we get taken away from our plan and goals for awhile to be who we are and that is called NEEDED..Parents, Caregivers, Military wives (as I was for many years), employees that never can NO. We just get caught up in our Life problems that need US...So we come here to restart for we know that this plan works for Us and we need it for ourself...then the stop sign comes in our path and we are needed and we get off track for awhile........It is only for awhile and Restart is the best word ever...I never want to be where I can not come back if had to stop...I want to do this journey to the end and go across that finishline and I am learning everyday now how deal with life problems AND still stay on track ...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Great post lady in love!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post
A spiral slicer is a cutting tool that cuts vegetables into thin, narrow shapes by using rotating blades. I got mine off of eBay - check out the Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer. That's the one I have & it is super easy to use & clean.

I use them all different ways. Sometimes I stick them in boiling water for just a little bit, drain well and toss with alfredo, pesto or other low carb sauce. Sometimes I saute them in butter and just add spices.
I saw one of these just yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond! I had not seen them before. Pretty cool if they work like it shows.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #147
Junior LCF Member

So, I didn't get to start yesterday like I had hoped, but I have today! Even though I got a late start, I'm still looking forward to weighing on the 10th. My beginning weight this morning was 242.0. No where but down from here.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

lhutch - what are you trying to get down to? My starting weight was exactly 10 pounds over yours. I want to get down under 200...from there....who knows. :-)

Welcome again, btw. :-)

Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my...I am with you both, CBOZ and lhutch........I started at my highest 244....yikes!
Looking for that 200 then onto onederland....YESSSSS lol
Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
lhutch - what are you trying to get down to? My starting weight was exactly 10 pounds over yours. I want to get down under 200...from there....who knows. :-)

Welcome again, btw. :-)

I too would love to see under 200. I know we can do it!