Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemc View Post
GOB - You are doing an amazing job. I have seen on some of the other forums that some people are doing all meat with some butter, etc. added in for fat for a few days to a week to get over plateaus they have hit. Don't know if it will work, but you are doing fantastic.
thnx fellow LCF

I may have to do some zero carb stuff at some point. good idea. Kind of forgat about that one.
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Good morning!

I am going to make some oopsie's to eat now and also freeze some. I need to have them available to whip some pizza sauce on and pepperoni and cheese at night (or PB & J). I ended up eating a ROLL with peanut butter and SF jelly on it late last night. I was craving something like that. An Oopsie roll tastes almost the same to me as the regular roll and with limited PB and J on it, it would have been a LC snack.

So I am a little disappointed in myself from last night, but DETERMINED today to have a great day like yesterday MINUS the blip late in the evening.

Stay strong! Remember....we are wasting away to something!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Good morning everyone,

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Hope you all have a wonderful low-carbing day.

Found this quote that I wanted to share. Going to post if on the fridge next to the picture of a bathing suit that I want to get when I reach my main goal.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person
you want to be."
Author: David Viscott
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Good morning all!

Kauaimom - your snack late last night happens...its okay...I'm sure you know this and will here it from many...but just jump back in full gear. I swear, when I cheat...it will be much worse. However, I am thankful for you and this challenge because it is keeping me on track. I am determined to have good numbers this month. :-)

Oh yeah..btw...I hit my personal goal for this week. I use a jawbone (which is pretty much the same as the more popular fitbit) and I successfully excercised EVERY day by walking at least 10K steps a day. Most days were more like 11.5K. Eventually I hope to get into the gym and jump on the cross trainer or do one of those 30 minute interval sessions they have at Planet Fitness.

Happy Friday!!!! :-)
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Good morning all!

Kauaimom - your snack late last night happens...its okay...I'm sure you know this and will here it from many...but just jump back in full gear. I swear, when I cheat...it will be much worse. However, I am thankful for you and this challenge because it is keeping me on track. I am determined to have good numbers this month. :-)

Oh yeah..btw...I hit my personal goal for this week. I use a jawbone (which is pretty much the same as the more popular fitbit) and I successfully excercised EVERY day by walking at least 10K steps a day. Most days were more like 11.5K. Eventually I hope to get into the gym and jump on the cross trainer or do one of those 30 minute interval sessions they have at Planet Fitness.

Happy Friday!!!! :-)
Way to Go CBOZ!!!

I go to Planet Fitness. Haven't tried the 30 minute interval sessions. Working up the courage to try it though. I really like it there. Great job on meeting your personal goal!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Boz for the encouragement. I AM jumping back in full gear today, and will be READY tonight with my Oopsie's should I need something.

Cac - Thanks for the saying. My problem is I tend to think I look different than what I really do, and that I am thin...until I look in a mirror. And I'm like....Who is that? I have a good self-image, have great physical stamina, and think I can do almost anything! But, the weight is starting to catch up with me and is slowing me down and preventing me from doing some of the things I want to do!

I am so pumped for this challenge and the massive weight loss we are going to see. Less massive bodies and more massive weight loss!

Boz - Can you explain more to me about the Jawbone. I also want to try and get in 10K steps daily. I was thinking of buying one of those cheaper kind of treadmills...no fancy stuff on it, just a manual kind. Any thoughts?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemc View Post
Good morning everyone,

HAPPY FRIDAY!! Hope you all have a wonderful low-carbing day.

Found this quote that I wanted to share. Going to post if on the fridge next to the picture of a bathing suit that I want to get when I reach my main goal.

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person
you want to be."
Author: David Viscott

Carrie has provided us with the quote of the day!! I it!!

Yesterday was another work day, so I didn't get on here to post my total carbs. Net carbs for yesterday were 16.

B: Eggs, mushrooms, cheese, BPC

L: spinach with egg, tomato, and avocado, dill dressing

D: chicken with bok choy, celery, and mushrooms, 12 almonds

Snacks: turkey pepperette, cheese string, greek yogurt with 2 strawberries

Now, I have to admit ladies that I am finding it very challenging to not step on that scale until the 10th. I was in a bit of a stall, only one lb lost in the two weeks previous. I am afraid that I am not losing anything at all. I don't want to be the loser that is not really a "loser" (teehee) on weigh in. Not that stepping on the scale will change that, lol, but it is driving me nuts to not know.

Last edited by Reddress; 04-04-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

So excited!

Just made up a recipe. Well, actually adapted it.

8 spears asparagus (I used frozen from Costco because that is all I had)
garlic powder (you are supposed to use fresh garlic clove but I did not have any)
1/2 c chicken stock
1/3 c. cream cheese

Put in Magic Bullet - mix - and then heat up.

SO DELISH! And I think only 2-3 carbs. Need to figure it out more closely.

Now, can you imagine it with fresh asparagus! And fresh garlic cloves!

I am going to make another cup of it right now! It takes like two minutes to make!

Sorry for the over excitement, but I am just so happy about this!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
So excited!

garlic powder (you are supposed to use fresh garlic clove but I did not have any)
1/2 c chicken stock
1/3 c. cream cheese

I am going to make another cup of it right now! It takes like two minutes to make!

So what is it exactly? A creamy asparagus spread? How do you eat it?

Asparagus spears are .3 carbs each so 8 of them is 2.4 carbs Chicken stock is probably .5. cream cheese would be 2 and a bit ounces at 2 carbs each. So all together it would be about 5 carbs.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Oh...sorry. It's a SOUP! SO TASTY! I will also make it with broccoli. I made a similar kind of soup last summer with my Magic Bullet. Instant comfort food for me!

Hmmm....
Here is how I got my totals:

Asparagus 1 gram Costco frozen. Says 8 spears = 2 grams carbs minus 1 gram dietary fiber = 1 gram net carbs

Chicken stock: Swanson's Can .5 grams carbs Can says 1 gram for 1 cup so since I used 1/2 cup, I figured .5

Cream cheese: 1.5 It says 1 gram for one oz and I figured I used 1 1/2 ounces.

So about 3 net carb grams total maybe

Not sure about the garlic powder
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
CBOZ -good work on all the walking!!! I have tossed around the idea of getting a fitbit - might be on my summer agenda.

Reddress - I see on this & other threads that you have hit a stall. I agree with all the advice you've been given to stay the course, but I also wonder.. is it possible that candida is the culprit? Have you taken antibiotics recently? Your stall might be a signal that your gut is growing some nasties.

Today has been a fun day - I took the day off work so I could go with my son's preschool class on their field trip to the children's museum. We had a picnic afterwards, and when we got there, I realized that I had packed my son's lunch but forgot to grab my collection of low carb snacks. Thankfully, I was able to swing by a Carl's Jr. right after that and pick up a low carb burger. I wouldn't choose that every day, but I'm glad I had the option in a pinch.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post
CBOZ -good work on all the walking!!! I have tossed around the idea of getting a fitbit - might be on my summer agenda.

Reddress - I see on this & other threads that you have hit a stall. I agree with all the advice you've been given to stay the course, but I also wonder.. is it possible that candida is the culprit? Have you taken antibiotics recently? Your stall might be a signal that your gut is growing some nasties.

Today has been a fun day - I took the day off work so I could go with my son's preschool class on their field trip to the children's museum. We had a picnic afterwards, and when we got there, I realized that I had packed my son's lunch but forgot to grab my collection of low carb snacks. Thankfully, I was able to swing by a Carl's Jr. right after that and pick up a low carb burger. I wouldn't choose that every day, but I'm glad I had the option in a pinch.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!!

Good save on the lunch!!! I'm sure your son was so happy you could join him!!

As for the candida - I guess it could be possible. When I had my surgery Mid March (in the middle of week two of LC), I was on an antibiotic drip for 24 hours. Other than that though, nothing. I have no outward signs of yeast?

And yeah, I'm having a rough day in regards to weight loss today. I have come to the conclusion though that my crabbiness and obsessiveness over it has hit a peak today due to PMS. If that is the case, on the plus side I haven't really been retaining any water due to TOM, so maybe I will see a loss afterwards.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh...sorry. It's a SOUP! SO TASTY! I will also make it with broccoli. I made a similar kind of soup last summer with my Magic Bullet. Instant comfort food for me!

Hmmm....
Here is how I got my totals:

Asparagus 1 gram Costco frozen. Says 8 spears = 2 grams carbs minus 1 gram dietary fiber = 1 gram net carbs

Chicken stock: Swanson's Can .5 grams carbs Can says 1 gram for 1 cup so since I used 1/2 cup, I figured .5

Cream cheese: 1.5 It says 1 gram for one oz and I figured I used 1 1/2 ounces.

So about 3 net carb grams total maybe

Not sure about the garlic powder
sounds awesome, I'm going to have to try it!!!

I have come to the decision that I need a "cheat" meal tonight. Now, I am going to eat something perfectly acceptable, I just don't think I am going to watch my portions and will eat until I am satisfied. I'm going to make a cauliflower salad. One head iceberg lettuce, shredded. On top put one head cauliflower, chopped. Then spread a layer of mayo over top, then a layer of bacon and some chopped onion. (I sometimes omit the onion) Let sit for at least an hour so the mayo absorbs the bacon and onion flavour. Mix and serve.

There is no way I can eat all of it, LOL, but I am going to have two bowls full if I feel like it and have no guilt. I need a pick me up today, and although it may be a lot of veggies, I have the carbs today to eat them.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

The Jawbone Up Wristband is a wristband that is very similar to the fitbit. You have the wristband on at all times (except for showering or swimming). It gives you stats on your sleep patterns and your daily steps. I LOVE IT! It also gives you all kinds of weekly stats, recommendations, challenges etc.

You use the Jawbone with an APP on your phone. The wristband connects and transfers data to your phone via bluetooth technology. The wristband itself is rather pricey - $149 but I feel it is really worth the investment. It really motivates me.

Others really like the fitbit. However, I am not very knowledgeful on it so I can't share.

Let me know if any of you decide to get one. We can become "partners" or members of a group. I don't have any people that I am connected with so I am not sure of all of the features that are available but would love to experiment. :-)
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So excited!

1/2 c chicken stock
1/3 c. cream cheese

YUUUMMMMM!! I am definitely trying this both the asparagus and broccoli.

Thanks KAM!!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Meals for today:

B = coffee w/ HWC
L = Carl's Jr. low carb thickburger (no ketchup or onions)
D = lamb meatballs & zoodles with lemon cream sauce

Total carbs for the day - 25; net carbs - 21
Old 04-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone,

Got my 8 glasses of water in today. YAY!

KAM I checked out that water bottle and really like it. Going to get one. Also wanted to ask you what items did you order from Netrition? Thinking of getting some items also.

TOWER - Smart move on lunch. Great thinking!

My carb count for today is for what I am supposed to be achieving but have had a day of not feeling as hungry. FINALLY - 35 carbs today.

Hope everyone has a great evening. See you tomorrow!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Carb count: 19
Knee exercises: zero (Maybe will get a few in still tonight)

CAC: Can't remember what I ordered from Netrition. I really wanted the onion pockets that everyone was talking about, but they were out. When they come in, I think I will order of a lot of them. People were using them for all sorts of things and it was unanimous that they tasted great! I THINK I ordered the Everything bagels, Sesame bread and Sesame bagels. I will let you know when the order arrives. Also, let me know what you put in the Aqua Zinger. I have not used it much, but my colleague last year would come to work with it full of fruit and other things. It just looked SO COOL! Seems like a brilliant idea.

Everyone: Only six more days till our first way in! Let's see if this works as well as I think it will. Ten days to lose....five days to maintain....ten more days to lose....five more days to maintain. Hopefully we are all going to have nice weight losses, plus this has been a lot of fun!

And remember about the other thing you are getting if you weigh on April 10, 15, and 25. You will like it, I promise. You will need to have a weight loss to get it. Suspense!!!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Red: How was your "cheat" meal? Seemed like a pretty tame "cheat" meal to me. Hope you enjoyed it!

CBOZ: I want to try that wristband. May not be for a while as I have a lot on my plate (but less food on there!), but it is something I am very interested in.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Kauai- I too am waiting to hear about your netrition order! I haven't ordered yet but have considered it. I would like to know what you recommend!

My cheat meal was great!! It was just nice to give myself permission to not measure. Even with all that I came under on carbs for the day. (I estimated generously to count carbs) and I have felt full and satisfied with no need to snack all night.

Total net carbs for the day: 17
Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

YAY Reddress! Hooray for losing the snacky feeling! With only 17 net carbs for the day, you are still 100% on track, even with your "cheat" meal.

Okay, kauaimom - I have to admit. I am getting curious about what we are going to get. I am a weekly weigher, so I haven't felt tempted to get on the scale yet. Do we need to lose at every weigh in to get whatever this big surprise is? The weigh in on the 15th will hit right around my TOM, and I retain water like a freaking camel during that week. I already know my weight will be the same or higher then, but I should lose it after my TOM is over.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I will be scarce today - it's a work day for me. I packed bag full of meals and food - I work in a group home and can very rarely eat what they have on the menu. Took my time last night to get ready so hopefully I will be able to stay on track today.

B: 2 eggs with mushrooms and cheese, BPC

L: spinach salad with tomato, avocado, and egg

D: zucchini, mushrooms and red peppers with chicken

S: I brought cheese, turkey sticks and almonds

I'll do my carb count when I know exactly what I've eaten.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Meals for yesterday:

B- 3 sausage patties - 3 carbs
L - 3 cheddar sticks from Sorento - they say no carbs...hmmmmm
D - Little Cesears Wings - One piece of pep pizza toppings - no crust. I have no idea so I will say 4 carbs. lol

Total - 7

Yeah....

I wish you all the best today. I will be quite busy. Hopefully I will get to log on this evening. I have some exciting news - I was able to get into some jeans that I haven't been able to wear in MONTHS. Happy Day.

Smile - We can do this!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah. I placed a netrition order too! :-)
Old 04-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Oh yeah. I placed a netrition order too! :-)
Hey CBOZ. You will have to let us know what you like when you get your order. I am interested and getting some items there also but not sure what all to get yet.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Went to Sam's today to stock up for next week. Steak and crab legs for dinner tonight. YYYYUUUUMMMM!!!

Also found a flavored garlic butter with parmesan cheese and basil there. Label says 0 carbs. Looking forward to trying this on chicken and some other items.

Already drank my 8 glasses of water today. Getting more used to it. Hope everyone has a great afternoon!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Checking in with my meals and carb counts for today.

B = coffee w/ HWC

L = tried a new recipe - pork chops with hot wing sauce & melted provolone. YUMMMMM!!! I bought wing sauce from the grocery store, and I was shocked at how different the carb counts were in the different brands. Some of them were as high as 8 carbs per ounce I ended up with the Hooters hot sauce - only 1 carb per ounce. Had some zoodles as a side.

D = rest of the family is having grilled cheeseburgers, so I'll be having a cheeseburger salad - chop up the burger and all the toppings over lettuce, with a healthy dollop of mayo

Total carbs for the day - 27; net carbs for the day - 22
Old 04-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
User name: lhutch47

Realistic weight loss goal for month of April: I'm getting a little of a late start but I would like to lose 10lbs

Additional “personal goal” (share one only): I REALLY need to learn to drink more water. There's water in Diet Coke isn't there?

Volunteer position (optional): Maybe once I'm more comfortable with what I'm doing as I begin this new WOE I can help out
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Welcome lhutch47! Not too late to join. Our first weigh in is April 10th. We will weigh on April 10, 15, 25. So that gives you five days till our first one. Post lots. We are a friendly group. Cac is an ace when it comes to drinking water. Maybe she can share some tips on how she does it. I force it down. And I also check off little boxes so I know how much I drank.

I bought Joseph's Pita Bread Pockets and Labash bread. Will let you know how they work out. Got them at my local grocery store.

I need "Grabbers." I need something I can grab fast. Gone is the bowl of cereal, quick sandwich, etc. Well, actually I CAN have the sandwich with some of these new breads I am getting. I want to go to the kitchen, GRAB something, and sit down and eat it. No thinking, no planning, no cooking, etc. It will be there ready to grab!

Tomorrow I am making the SF jello/cream cheese recipe. I am going to experiment with freezing it in ice cube trays. Wondering if that would make a fun "Grabber."

Carb count: 23
Knee exercises: None
This is NOT OK. I have a bad knee and have been to a physical therapist. I need to do these knee exercises for life! I need to have them become a part of my life! Please help make me be accountable. Feel free to bawl me out (gently).

Hope everyone has had a good day and has stayed strong. I can't remember if I shared this before. I saw it somewhere lately...

"When you think about quitting, think about why you started."
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Hello All!

Counts for today:

B- 8 pieces microwave bacon - O carbs
L- Monteray/Jack cheese cubes (like 7) and pepperoni (Like 7 slices) - 1.22 carbs
D - Logan's Roadhouse steak and chicken combo with house salad and ranch dressing (no croutons and no other side items) 6 carbs

Total 7.22 carbs

Carriemac - that butter from Sam's sounds DELICIOUS. I wish I was a member. :-(
TowerOrchard - What are zoodles?????

If you guys don't hear from me tomorrow, call 911. I am going to go out on our boat tomorrow and it is only supposed to hit a high of 61. We are going in the morning and it will be like 45 to 50 degrees. I know that doesn't sound bad, but when traveling about 30 mph on the lake it feels like 25. I may freeze to death, but darn...it sure will be pretty. :-)