Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
:-( I got bad news from my doctor today. I was told that my labs were really bad. My triglycerides were over 350 and my A1C was 8 and my fasting blood sugar was 180. She told me to cut back on all fats and follow a traditional diet. :-( :-( :-( I don't know what to do. I really enjoyed our challenge and would like to stick with it for May but I don't think the LC WOE is a go for me. :-( :-(
CBoz - I am doing Glycemic Load which helps with blood sugar and cholesterol. My resting blood sugars were the high 160s. Over the last two weeks following this plan, my resting blood sugar has been 120 or lower. My doc wanted me at 130 or below. I don't know what my cholesterol is because I don't go back for 2 months but it has been a pretty easy plan to follow. You already have the low carb side of it down.

Whatever you decide, we are here to support you!!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Carb counts for today - 20 total; 13 net

CBOZ - sorry about the bad news from the doc. Have you posted about this on the main board yet? I've seen people on there talk about this before - your numbers do tend to spike up before they settle down to a healthy range. If you are have carb indulgences here and there, the process takes a longer time. I am not one to recommend ignoring what the doctor says, but in this case, you might want to stay strict with a lc woe and see what happens in a month.
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Oh CBOZ...I am so sorry. Man, I don't know what to say. I think you need to listen to your doctor. I think I remember you eating VERY LC like 7 or 8 carbs. Would the doctor OK a higher carb count also watching calories?

My doctor is in full support of this, but my numbers ended up being the best they have ever been. I don't eat a lot of fat, and eat very healthy every day. I have never eaten this healthy in all my life.

After saying all this, I still think you need to listen to your doctor.

I also like what Tower said about posting on the main board.

I WANT you to join the May challenge no matter what program you decide to follow. If you are not eating LC, that is fine. Come for the support....and FUN!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Carb count: 26
Knee exercises: YES

Excited to be accountable also for my arm pumps starting May 1st!

Finish strong everyone...this month is not over yet?

Final weigh in...Thursday, May 1st.

KMom
Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
CBOZ..I agree with all the others here about your Dr...but you can still be here with us for support...no matter what plan you are on....When I was in my Weight Club T.O.P.S. we all had different weight plans but we still were there for support and our weigh in eah week....We will be here for you....
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

26 carbs....Worked a lot in the yard this weekend so took off today to relax and just got the laundry done up....
Old 04-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all,

Had a NSV moment last night. Was telling DH about our new challenge that was coming up and he looked at me and said, "Honey, I can really tell the weight you have lost. I am very proud of you!" Can't ask for more than that

Good luck all today. Have a great day!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Thanks everyone for the support. I plan on joining the new challenge. I am not sure what I am going to do as far as diet. I have had a few carb indulgent days including yesterday when I let the bad news get the best of me. This morning I also had a sausage muffin WITH the muffin. Oh yeah, and a hashbrown. My doc put me on a new med for my blood sugar and I don't have to have labs again for a few months so maybe I will just wait and see. She also put me on a low dose aspirin. It seems like I am just picking up new meds. However, I am happy to say I haven't taken insulin in over a month.

Thanks again for the encouragement. I am going to check out the glycemic load diet or increase my daily carb amount and see how that goes. I also plan on picking up the excercise a bit. I did actually make it to the gym twice while I was on my mini vacation so maybe I can push three times a week into my regular schedule. I still want to work the 30 minute interval training into my mix.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!!

Congrats carrie on your NSV. My husband said the same thing when I told him I was thinking of going to a traditional diet. Sometimes these men can be worth keeping them around! lol
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

YAY CBOZ - So glad you are joining us on the next challenge!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:35 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
I am SOOOO happy you are sticking with us CBOZ!!!!

CAC - wooohoooo on the NSV!!! It feels so good to have our hard work noticed!!!

So I need to post this morning with an apology, I haven't been around much. However, I also have good news - I got the new job I applied for! I am super excited, I think I will love it. It pays well enough I will only have to work the one job (I currently work 2), and the hours will be way better for my family. (My current primary job is evenings and weekends, so I haven't been around much) Even better, I will now have a regular lunch break (I didn't before, I had to work and "supervise" during it), and right next door is a fitness center!! I'm hoping I can do better on the exercise part of losing weight when I can just hop next door during my lunch!
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Red....so happy about your new job...that is great news...and a fitness center close tooo YEA!

CBOZ....I was remembering my Mother being a Brittle diabetic and how her sugar levels would swing off the wall High and Low and we would be in the hospital many times coming out of comas....She had to be watched for many years...but the one good thing was she was put on a great 1200 cal. diet and eliminated all dairy...carbs came from no starchy veggies ....She was allowed one piece of wheat toast for breakfast or 1/2 of a sandwich....She only drank water....she was allowed a diet soda but never did have it...by choice...She was older when she started this and for 17 years....She stayed at a good weight and still had to take her insulin but she did it....Just thought I would share this for it reminds me for ME now to lost my weight so I want got thur this in my own life...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
Old 04-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
I am SOOOO happy you are sticking with us CBOZ!!!!

CAC - wooohoooo on the NSV!!! It feels so good to have our hard work noticed!!!

So I need to post this morning with an apology, I haven't been around much. However, I also have good news - I got the new job I applied for! I am super excited, I think I will love it. It pays well enough I will only have to work the one job (I currently work 2), and the hours will be way better for my family. (My current primary job is evenings and weekends, so I haven't been around much) Even better, I will now have a regular lunch break (I didn't before, I had to work and "supervise" during it), and right next door is a fitness center!! I'm hoping I can do better on the exercise part of losing weight when I can just hop next door during my lunch!
WTG RED! That is great news. So happy for you!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Awesome news, Red!! Fingers crossed that the new job comes through - it sounds like a much better situation for you & your family.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Reddress, congrats on the job! I am soooo happy for you. I think it is great that you will have more time for yourself and your family. Isn't it great how things tend to work out????

Lady - I have a co-worker who's husband has lost both legs and is in HORRIBLE shape because he won't keep his sugar under control. Trust me....I have NO PLANS of ending up that way.

BTW - I posted my lab issues on the main boards and got a billion responses. As a result, I have purchased Dr. Bernsteins book on eating and living with diabetes and I am going to do an experiment in the morning. I am going to check my fasting bs and then take my bs after I have had a crystal light (about 20-30 minutes later). Hopefully I won't see a big spike. Fingers crossed!!!!

BTW - I slipped up this morning but I am back on track and the goal is to have no slip ups for the next three months. :-) I want that A1C down. I need to prove my DOC wrong in that I can by successful with a LC WOE.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

CBoz: I just read the thread on the main board! Man, what great support. There are so many really smart people around here. And caring people.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

CBOZ.....you are just going to fine...learn and learn more is all we can do....Looking forward to this next month...

KMom...I think it is great when you have lots of smart people share what they know and have experienced...I like that I can learn some learn and sometimes just over look the wrong answers lol...l

Worked outside in the yard all morning loading up little white rocks and moving them to another area in the yard I wanted to use them and then worked on my plants.....I am pooped...lol....thinking of going out for a quick supper with DH at our buffet we like for we know the foods we can have already....and I will drink only water tooooooo LOL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-29-2014 at 02:54 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Carbs: 18 and then dinner at a Thai restaurant. Ugh. Not my choice of where to go. It was a birthday celebration for my daughter. I split a meal with another daughter. Had big shrimp (not breaded) and Thai noodles. I have a feeling the Thai noodles had lots of carbs.

Knee exercises: Yes!

One more day till final weigh-in!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #438
Senior LCF Member

39 carbs and 10 water.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

> 20 carbs....had to fix supper since DH didn't get home till late mmmmm but it worked out even though my body was tired....I try not to eat after 5:30pm so I usually have supper ready early...DH doesn't eat B...and a light lunch at work so he is ready for an early supper...so it works out for both of us....
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow please just post your total weight loss for the month of April. Post how many pounds you have lost since April 1st.

I will not make my 10. I am hoping to hold my 8. BUT, my clothes definitely have a little more "give."
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

So I found out that apparently aspartame does spike my sugar. :-( My blood sugar this morning was 216 and after a portion of a crystal light it went up to 264. :-( Now I know why my blood sugars have been bad. I am a very sad person now. :-( At least now I know.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear that, CBOZ. I still drink a can of Diet Pepsi a day - it would be hard for me psychologically to give that up. I am rooting for you - the good news is you are figuring out how your body responds to different foods.

Posting carb counts early - 28 total, 21 net.

See everyone tomorrow morning for weigh in!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Carbs: 23
Knee Exercises: YES This is the longest I have ever done my knee exercises. I plan to keep the same thing in place for the JOY challenge. I will not post my carb count at night UNTIL I have done my knee exercises AND my arm pumps!

Let's weigh in tomorrow and switch over to the JOY challenge. CBoz, can you add up all the numbers for our total, please.

Thanks to all of you for making this such a fun and rewarding challenge accompanied by lots of sharing and learning!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Total carbs 30....Wow....I haven't eaten green beans in along time...just plain green beans...didn't know they had so many carbs...goodness lol...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

I certainly will add up the totals. :-) See you in the AM. Carb count for the day was 11.

Good night!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:18 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Weighing in - I am down 1 pound exactly since the last time! Yay!!!

Started the challenge at 195.8... today's weight is 189.2. So I am 6.6 pounds lost for the month.

I didn't make my aggressive goal for the month (188) but I did get under 190 for my big event tomorrow night, which was what I really wanted to accomplish. So I am happy with those results!

Good luck everyone - see you in the May challenge!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Down 7 lbs. for Aoril.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:30 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

WTG Tower! Fantastic job.

Great job KMom!!!!

Can't believe I made my goal for the month - Down 2 pounds today - total for my first month on program down 14.5 - Happy Camper here.

Been a great month everyone and looking for to the next month's challenge with you
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Lost 5.8 for April.....I have lost total of 30.4 lbs since my start date of 2/17....I am ready for a new start with May...YEA!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

WTG Carriemc, Kmom and Tower!!!!!! My loss for today was 4.4 bringing me to a total of 11.4 for the month of May!!! I am a happy camper!

Our total so far is............wait for it................

39.5 but I expect to hear from others! AMAZING!

Thanks for setting this challenge up Kmom! I can't wait to see our numbers at the end of next month! :-)