Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
I'll take it!
Thought it would be more, but I am happy.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 04:46 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post
Well, I am up insanely early this morning because I still have a few papers to grade (that I am handing back to my students today!!!).

I went ahead & weighed - I am down 2.8 pounds! I'm pretty happy about that. I don't think there is any way I will make the goal I set for myself by the last day of the month (I wanted to be 188 by then), but I knew at the time that was a pretty aggressive goal given the pace of my weight loss at this point in the process. I REALLY want to be below 190 by this time next week, so that it easily possible. I just want to get these 190s in my rear view mirror!!!

Good luck everyone on their weigh-ins! I'll try to check in at some point later today to see the reports.
WTG Tower!!! That is fantastic. You had so many eating obstacles to work around this last couple of weeks and you are doing amazing
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

YAYAYAYAYAY KMOM! - Great job!

I am down .5 pounds.

Kind of disappointed but I also took my measurements this morning and am very pleased with those. I do not think I am going to make my goal weight by next week but I can say I am beginning to notice the difference in my body.

I will check back later. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Down 1 for me. Not to happy with that number, but I do think I am coming up on my TOM. Hopefully I will see a woosh soon. However, I am going to the beach. I hope the beach food doesn't get the best of me. :-( I won't be able to post much this weekend. So here is our summary thus far:

CBoz -1
Tower - -2.8
Carriemc - -.5
Kmom - 1.5

Total so far for these past 10 days is 5.8

We are awesome! No gains...we are certainly moving in the right direction. I will try and check in this evening and update our tally.

I hope everyone enjoys there weekend!!!!

C
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:11 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
BTW TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE GROUP THUS FAR IS = 41.1 POUNDS! YEAH!!!!!

CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Way to go Tower, KMom, and CBoz!!!

Carrie - we can't always judge by the scale! If you start building muscle, you may even see it go up! Measurements are more important IMO, so congrats on that!!!

As for me...I am actually happy with my number. I know I have been up and down and all around - I could tell it from bloating, etc. 205.4- right back to where I was on day 10 lol! Like Carrie though, I have good measurements - 2 inches off my waist since we started!!
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
Way to go Tower, KMom, and CBoz!!!

Carrie - we can't always judge by the scale! If you start building muscle, you may even see it go up! Measurements are more important IMO, so congrats on that!!!

As for me...I am actually happy with my number. I know I have been up and down and all around - I could tell it from bloating, etc. 205.4- right back to where I was on day 10 lol! Like Carrie though, I have good measurements - 2 inches off my waist since we started!!
That is fantastic Red. 2 inches off waist that is not coming back
Old 04-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Down 1 for me. Not to happy with that number, but I do think I am coming up on my TOM. Hopefully I will see a woosh soon. However, I am going to the beach. I hope the beach food doesn't get the best of me. :-( I won't be able to post much this weekend. So here is our summary thus far:

CBoz -1
Tower - -2.8
Carriemc - -.5
Kmom - 1.5

Total so far for these past 10 days is 5.8

We are awesome! No gains...we are certainly moving in the right direction. I will try and check in this evening and update our tally.

I hope everyone enjoys there weekend!!!!

C
Great job CBoz!!!! Have a wonderful time at the beach!!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
2.2 lbs down....From 244 down to 214.2 I will take it....LC is my plan for sure... I feel just watching how the small changes in my body works for me just as much as the scales telling me....I am happy with that...

Everyone did so great...love it....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-25-2014 at 09:23 AM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

I have been thinking why this WOE plan works for myself ...
I have some things in my life now that are working for me...no TOM visiting, no menopause effects now...never had a lot....Only my DH and I to prepare meals for...
Now on the other side of this story is my age..and I am only 4 1 in height... I am retired and am home all day now and I spend a lot of hours during the weekdays with DH going to bed so early at night by 8PM and gone to work by 5AM...So I have to keep myself busy around the house and have projects to work on at night so I want be tempted to just snack or get carried away with baking ....which I love to do...
I have a great support with my DH trying to lose and eats just whatever I prepare for him...ofcourse I do have fresh fruit and other things he can have....
Since I started my LC WOE I have learned a lot about myself...I can enjoy this journey or I can get upset and just give up be old, fat, unhealthy, depressed, and just not happy....But that is just not me...so I have taken this one day at a time and I learn as I go...when I was weighing each day I keep those good numbers written down...and let the bad ones just not show...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-25-2014 at 09:46 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Cont..story
I eat LC foods.. I use Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce and add a touch of different things...such as cream cheeses different flavors or sourcream.....Ms Dash and garlic or garlic powder.....Buttered Cabbage...I addthe bagged broccoli coleslaw and it gives it so much more flavor...All the low carb veggies....I have learned to try different things that I would never enjoy before.....I am not a baked fish person at all ...give me that fried fish or shrimp and FF on the side....I fried some Jicami...not so low carb...and rolled it in garlic poweder and chili powder....I didn't care for it but wow did it look like home FFs....
I do not drink as much water ...I try but I am a Ice tea girl all the way..all day..
I drink the diet sodas or Zero drinks now...
I drink Walmart flavored waters....there is my water...
I have tried and found 2 Atkins bars ....choc..coconut bar and mudslide bar that I will eat but not everyday and only one...a day...
I do not fast at all....
I only walk for exercise ...and my exercises in the pool in the summer
I keep my hands busy with outside work in the yard or working on my craft projects in the house..
I leave the house if I feel I need to just get away or get bored or tempted and look thur the thrift or craft stores..
I always carry with me a glass of something to drink
I broke my habits of drive thru windows while I am running errands...

So this WOE is for me...I am learning and I am changing my food habits...I am happy and it does take work but it is worth it....
Correction up there....height 4 11 LOL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-25-2014 at 10:01 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Wow...this has been a fun day to read everyone's posts. I think everyone is encouraged! I am so thankful for this month and for all of you. You have held me accountable for my knee exercises and that has meant a lot to me. I have done them 16 out of 18 days...and I have no plans to stop. I KNOW the muscles around my knee are getting stronger and I am walking better. Say, do you think doing all those exercises has maybe made my weight loss a little less because of built up muscles? I really thought I was going to lose three or four pounds.

BUT I am very happy with the 1.5. That makes eight for me so far. I am really going to put in a strong effort for those last two.

Let's all finish strong. We have four more days till the final weigh in. Let's at least maintain our loss for the month.

Red: Wow, two inches off your waist. Impressive.

Lady: Love your writing. Thanks for your words.

CBOZ: Enjoy the beach. Thanks for doing the stats.

Carrie: Good job on losing even a little. Didn't you have a huge weight loss the first weigh in?

Tower: You crack me up. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and saw your post. Made me smile.

Onward!

KMom
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

I think that having a weigh in day is good for us for it is like going to your local weight club and weighing in...and then having a meeting to be encouraged for the next week to lose and return to weigh in again ..May 1st will be here soon ....WOW...goodness got to get my body moving more....I think of you KMom with your knee bends...you are doing so good....
I find that I don't crave anything much now but I still think about my favorite foods I use to love to cook...I still picture them sometimes but I don't crave them.. I enjoy going out to eat and know that I can enjoy myself and my choice of food......I have learned that I can have an Atkins chocolate bar and I really don't mind that it is not a snickers or Mr GoodBar candy bar that I love.. I don't buy LC products but this has been one I do like for me but I don't have them everyday.......I enjoy reading all the post here with so many people going thru what I am going thru...and learning from each other or laughing together...and it takes laughter when you are trying to lose weigh for sure.

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-25-2014 at 10:34 PM..
Old 04-26-2014, 04:52 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Awesome job on the weigh-ins yesterday! I am proud of all of us!

I had ANOTHER social event last night, and this one was harder. It was a more casual game night. There are a group of 4 of us that get together every few months to do this, but this time it was hosted by a guy who used to be part of our group, but he got busy with other things for a while. I hadn't even seen him in over 2 years. Anyway, he wanted to put on a big spread, I guess, and there was nothing lc at all - pizza, chips, cakes, cookies, candy - even the nuts were honey roasted

I ate the toppings off of two pieces of pizza, and had a small amount of nuts. But I was still hungry and everyone else was munching, so I gave in and had a few potato chips with dip. It wasn't very much (particularly compared to my old way of eating - I could seriously chow some chips before my lc woe). If my breath is any indication this morning, I am still in ketosis, so I think (hope!!!) I didn't do too much damage.

lady, thanks so much for writing out your thought process about this woe. It is encouraging to hear how you are making it work for you!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

I am going to tell you what you "get" tonight (your special surprise) if everyone will be around. There is a reason I am doing this earlier than planned. Can you please let me know if you would be available tonight to read a post. I want to make sure CBOZ can get online tonight.

Carbs yesterday: TM2M (too many to mention). But it was kind of planned.
Knee exercises: YES!

KMom
Old 04-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

So I was talking to this woman I kind of know, and she noticed that I had been losing weight! yay!!! she is a nutritionist and asked what I had been doing...

long story short, she thinks that my weight has kind of been hovering around this month (I have been in the 205-207 range up and down for all our weigh ins (and the day I cheated and weighed after a binge) because my body doesn't do low carb well. She said it loses water well (the 13 lbs I lost right away in the beginning, otherwise I have only lost 1 consistent lb in the last 6 weeks since I have been varying between the other 2) but that it is struggling to hold onto every last carb I put in. She suggested that I may actually do better by adding more carbs so that my body wouldn't want to hold onto them?

I know this is like heresy here - but her suggestion was to up the carbs (still stay under 100) and to watch calories and to try it for two weeks. She figured my body would be more settled on this plan and I would see more steady results, plus it would allow me a bit more freedom and I wouldn't feel like I was cheating every time I ate some greek yogurt. What do you all think? Feel free to flog me if needed, LOL!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaimom View Post
Good morning everyone!

I am going to tell you what you "get" tonight (your special surprise) if everyone will be around. There is a reason I am doing this earlier than planned. Can you please let me know if you would be available tonight to read a post. I want to make sure CBOZ can get online tonight.

Carbs yesterday: TM2M (too many to mention). But it was kind of planned.
Knee exercises: YES!

KMom
woo hoo!!! Exciting!!!!!!! I can't sit and chat, but I will be able to check posts on my phone.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Looks like only Red is around. I want to wait till everyone can "Get" their surprise at the same time. Maybe tomorrow night.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Red: I think that is very interesting what your friend said. I am not sure how it all works, but I have heard this theory before. Maybe it would be a good idea to try it. Like you said, it just not seem right to get guilt feelings about eating Greek yogurt.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone,

Sorry KMOM - wasn't on yesterday. Spent a lot of time out in the yard. Such a beautiful day here yesterday.

RED - I think what the nutritionist said was interesting. Makes sense that one's body would need to be "shaken up" once in a while. How many calories did she say for you to have? I like the idea of doing it just for 2 weeks to see what happens.

TOWER - WTG on the party. I think you did a wonderful job with all those temptations around. I am with you on the chips. Love, love, love them but do have to say with this WOE I don't miss them like I thought I would.

KMOM what time you want us on tonight?

Oh Yeah,

Friday - 48 carbs - 8 glasses of water
Saturday - way too many to count but 8 glasses of water.

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by Carriemc; 04-27-2014 at 06:18 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Can everyone be check in tonight? I will post what you "get" if all can check it tonight. I really want everyone to figure this out themselves and not see what it is from another person's post. Please do not comment on it till everyone knows.

Maybe just post a quick message like...I got it!

Then when everyone knows, we can talk about it.

Fun!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Tower, Carrie, Red, Lady, and CBOZ. I think there are only six of us that stayed committed the whole month, right? Hutch and others, PLEASE join us next month if you can! I know things come up where it just does not work out.

I am starting a NEW challenge for May. I have it all ready to go. FUN!

If you want to be part of it, I will say something about there are six of us that just completed a challenge and had a total weight loss for the month of April of ______ pounds. (CBOZ, can you give me that number, please). I realize it might not be exactly right as there are still four days left. I will mention that in the new challenge.

I think there is a strong possibility the six of us are going all the way! We are going to look back on April 1st, 2014 and smile. You are going to be a the "best" you and I am going to be the "best" me. I don't like it when people say....You will be a "better" you. I like who I am. I have a great self-image, even with the extra weight. But I want to be the "best" me! And that would be also getting control of my weight.

So let me know if you are "in" for the May challenge. It is about the same, with some fun twists! If you want to join, please register right away so people will see how to do it. Please also come to this thread and let me know if it makes sense or if I should clarify something. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Red:

Read this today on a LC blog and thought of you.

Anonymous April 18, 2014 at 10:35 AM
You are trying to stay under 20 grams of carbs a day? Holy cow!! What is there to eat? Almost everything has carbs, even vegetables! I'm on a low carb diet and keep each meal under 45 grams (three times a day). That was what I was advised by a nutritionist. So far, I've lost 32 lbs. since the beginning of January. So, how are you doing it and what are you eating? And how successful have you been. Just curious
Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Well it is morning here...but my DH had my laptop doing some clean up work on it..mmm so I was not able to be here early early....

I can be here tonight ...what time LOL...
I am on AZ time mmmmm

I will have to check and see how much wt..I did lose in April only...I have lost 27lbs from my start day on Feb 17....but I don't know how much of that was April...will check...
Yes to MAY....for me...
Maybe 7.2 for this month....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-27-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Just now checking in - I was on the go last night. KMom, I will be around this evening to check in. I can't wait to find out what the surprise is.

I would be willing to do another month of challenge, but I am going to go back to weighing weekly and/or weighing after days when I am eating differently. I feel like I benefit more when I can have a steady stream of information about how I'm doing. But if that philosophy will work on the new challenge, count me in!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Definitely count me in for May
Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

OK...so I have in so far for May:

Lady
Tower (Yes, I put something in there about weighing whenever you want (in case someone does not want to just weigh on days 10,15, 25), but ONLY POSTING the weight loss on those dates).
Carrie

Waiting on CBOZ and Red
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Also, for who can check in later tonight for what you will "get":
Lady - yes
Tower - yes
Carrie?
Red?
CBOZ?
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Red: I think you are a YES for checking in tonight because you can check on your phone? Right? I know you were available last night.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Blue Fish
Stats: 217/200/165
Start Date: January 1, 2012
Well... I'm a brand newbie! In fact, this is my very first post here. I've read this thread from the beginning and think I'm up on the way it works. I'd like to join for the May challenge:

User name: Blue Fish
Realistic weight loss goal for month of May: 10 pounds
Additional “personal goal” (share one only): Low back exercises daily

Here's my short story... On January 1, 2012 I weighed 217 lbs. The most I've ever weighed in my life. In 27 months I've managed to lose 17 lbs. Although I'm going in the right direction, I really want to shake some weight off. My overall plan has simply been counting calories. As of today I'm embarking on a low carb regimen and see where it goes.

Wish me luck! ... and thanks for this forum. Looks like a great bunch of folks!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote