Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
CBOZ: It happens to all of us one time or another, at least I think so. It happens to me. I call it a "food drunk." That is what my dad called it. Good job getting back on track. Try not to weigh. You should be able to recover and still do well on the 25th.

Carbs: 25
Knee exercises: YES!
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
Carbs today - total 31; net 20

CBOZ - don't focus on the bad day - just keep moving forward with good choices! In the grand scheme of things, one bad day is no big deal, as long as you learn from it.
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
KAM....I use 1/2 c. of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo pasta sauce.(8carbs..... to about 1 oz.of creamcheese .....(this is shared with DH too...) add a touch of garlic powder,salt,and Mrs.Dash Orginal.... I make a large amt...of beef,pork or chicken cubes and will double the amt...so to have leftovers...I use this sauce over cauliflower, broccoli,or yellow summer squash...

Went to an early movie with DH...Heaven Is For Real...very good....I decided not to make Chili dogs for supper since we were were going to movies....I knew I would let my self have about 2 cups...of popcorn...and I did...but I took wieners I cooked from home...LOL... Wrapped them in fold and they were still warm...I told DH...It was like almost having a hot dog at the movies...lol...Took DH..some Atkins peanut M&Ms....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-16-2014 at 08:47 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
CBOZ - don't be so hard on yourself. You got right back on it the next day.

Great job on the knee exercises KAM

39 carbs yesterday
8 glasses of water

Does anyone have some suggestions for an easy on the go breakfast? I am wanting to change of my smoothie for something a little different. Just wanted to see what ideas you all had.

Thanks and have a great low carbing day!!!!
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
WOE: Atkins
Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been able to post lately. Work and life in general taking up my time . I've not been totally committed to low carb eating the last couple of days. I had maintained my weight on the 15th so hopefully I will still have a loss on the 25th. I promise to try and do better at posting each day.

I was glad to see everyone did so good by either losing a little or maintaining their loss.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Okay everyone, break out the whip. I was bad...and like I may have mentioned, when I am bad, I AM BAD. I fell off the wagon yesterday. I swear I must have eaten 400 carbs. So, I will leave my count at 400. :-( However, today, I am back on track. So far I have only had two Mcdoubles minus the cheese and some atkins m&Ms.

I am bad! I must be punished! lol

Welcome licia90. This is a GREAT group.

Reddress: I am afraid to get on the scale to see what I gained in my one day off. Great job on your loss. You are my motivation to keep going and know that a off the wagon day is not the end of the world. :-)
Yes, just keep on going!! The important thing is you get back on track, and you've done that!! You can do this!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA ladies, very busy around here the last few days. Lots of stress, and I've been fighting gorging myself on inappropriate stuff. So far so good, even if it means that in its place I'm hardly eating at all. (Yeah, I know that's not good either, lol)

Carbs for Tuesday: 24
Carbs yesterday: 12
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Hi Guys! :-)

4/16 Carb total was 8
Today so far I am at 4. I have no idea what I will eat for dinner.

Happy Pre-Friday!!!!
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Our journey is taking that one day at a time....we sometimes we all have those messed up days that we get off track....and some days we have to take care of other needs that have to be met...Some of those one days are just thinking days even depression.....But....
Old 04-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Cont message...sorry...
But..we have 365 days in our year so we can have those days sometimes....I was thinking today when I started this journey I noticed I had gained 50lbs over the last 5yrs....but now I have lost over 1/2 of thoses lbs in 2 months .....There is never a day that we can't start over...and over if we have too....We can do this...all of us...
Old 04-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Cont message...sorry...
But..we have 365 days in our year so we can have those days sometimes....I was thinking today when I started this journey I noticed I had gained 50lbs over the last 5yrs....but now I have lost over 1/2 of thoses lbs in 2 months .....There is never a day that we can't start over...and over if we have too....We can do this...all of us...
Over 1/2 those pounds in 2 months. That is fantastic Lady. WTG!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

43 carbs today and 9 glasses of water. Eyeballs are floating today!!

Hope everyone is having a great day and evening. So glad tomorrow is Friday!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

>than 20carbs today
Drank water....for me that is good and that is all I will say...lol

Carrie....I keep watching for those eyeballs to float across your page...lol....
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday!!

So I decided to ask my husband to hide my scale until weigh in days. I find myself walking by it too much and it is getting harder and harder to resist the temptation to jump on it to see where I am. (I guess at this weight though, if I jump on it...won't have to worry because the weight of my jump would break the scale so no using it then. LOL!!) Especially on those days when I know I am bloated. Just wanted to see what I have gained on those days. Figure this way, out of sight out of mind sorta.

Hope everyone has a great low carbing day. Talk with you later today!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Happy Good Friday, everyone!

Carb counts yesterday - 23 total; 15 net.

Tonight is the boss' dinner night, so I am not planning on eating much during the day today. I'll save my carbs and calories for tonight. Hopefully there are some good choices for me, but if not, I am just going to roll with it and get back on track tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
Start Date: March 2014
Carrie- I am with you! I am totally bloated this morning and I am struggling not to weigh in and see the damage!

Tower- good luck on the supper tonight! I'm sure you'll do great!!

Carbs for yesterday 38. Too many for me I am guessing because I am soooo bloated. It was a long day yesterday, I didn't get much chance to eat and didn't get a chance to make supper for work. I was starving at work so I ate Brussel Sprouts and half a cup or so of meatloaf. The meatloaf had oats in it- and I had the most horrible upset stomach last night and am super bloated this morning. In fact, I could feel the bloat coming on as the evening went on. Ugh.
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOrchard View Post
Happy Good Friday, everyone!

Carb counts yesterday - 23 total; 15 net.

Tonight is the boss' dinner night, so I am not planning on eating much during the day today. I'll save my carbs and calories for tonight. Hopefully there are some good choices for me, but if not, I am just going to roll with it and get back on track tomorrow.
TOWER - Good luck tonight. I think you will do great!! Have fun!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning everyone

Sorry about the bloating Carrie & Red...that is not a great feeling so hope you both feel better...
I don't hid the scales lol...but I was weighing each morning only and then only marking my loss days on my calendar that way I only saw the weight that is going down....Easy way to keep up with my DH weight too...I also have my different goal days there toooo.

Tower ...relax and have fun....You will be great...
Old 04-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon everyone. Apparently bloating is the new thin....LOL I am right there with you ladies! :-(

Total carb count for yesterday was 10.

TOWER - Good luck tonight. I can't wait to hear about what you ate. :-)

Ladyinlove - GREAT POST about losing 1/2 of what you gained in 5 years. Great way of thinking!

Reddress, isn't it sad how we can definitely tell when we had extra carbs?

Happy Friday!!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Well, life happened yesterday and today and it has not been good for LC eating. But I am not discouraged. I did not count my carbs...but know I had more that I should have.

Also, did not do my knee exercises yesterday, but plan on doing them tonight.

I was thinking of doing a meat and egg fast for Saturday and Sunday. I read a little bit about it on this site. Anyone know much about it? I really, really want to be down more on the 25th.

Tower...We will all be waiting to hear about your night!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

29 carbs today.
All water in.

Kind of wondering...with all this water I am drinking and the numerous times I have to go to the bathroom...I wonder if our water bill is going to be huge this month
Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

12 carbs today. However....I ate like 5 french fries!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh NO! Am I going to bloat like a blimp??? I hope not. KAM, No worries. You will do fine.

I must admit that I am worried about my weigh in. :-( I am starting to get bored. :-( I have mentioned before that I am always running, so quick and easy is my friend. But I don't think I can eat another piece of sausage or a mcdouble again. :-(

HELP!!!! Keep me motivated. I am running rescue duty tonight and I DID bring low carb foods to help me stay on plan, but give me strength!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Knee exercises done!

COBZ - we need to find you some different things to eat so you don't get bored!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Reporting back!! First off, thanks for all your encouragement. I can't tell you how helpful it was to know that I had you guys to keep me accountable. This is a great support system.

Okay... on to the food. Overall, I was so happy with the choices I had available! They had the dinner catered and it was set up buffet style, so I could just put what I wanted to eat on my plate and not have to deal with carby stuff being served to me. I had a crab-stuffed mushroom as an appetizer (not awesome, but the best choice available), and then for dinner I had filet mignon, smoked turkey, some spinach salad, green beans, and a fresh mozzerella & heirloom tomato salad. That sounds like a ton of food, but it was small portions of each. There were all kinds of yummy desserts, too (including my absolute favorite - bread pudding ) but I just had a cup of coffee.

We had a wonderful time - like I said before, this guy has been SO great to my DH at work and we owe him a lot.

Thanks again for all your encouragement. Hugs to everyone!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Amazing Job Tower!!!

I have been back reading my Atkins book and have been thinking of a few different things I can eat. I didn't realize I could have a chicken ceasar salad. Doesn't the dressing have tons of carbs??? I also think I am going to make a chicken salad and have some of that during the week? Does anyone have a good low carb chicken salad recipe they want to share???

Happy Saturday!!!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Tower ....you did so good at your party...

CBOZ....sorry no new recipe ....I just keep lots of fresh green salad mix and I make up bags of spinach, broccoli coleslaw mix, sliced cucumbers, green onions, chopped celery, grilled chicken cubes, ham and chicken slices from the deli...cut into cubes...Then I know it is higher carbs but I make the real ranch buttermilk dressing or we use Italian... I know this seems higher carbs but I am looking at the bigger picture of how I use to add the side kicks with a whole sleeve of crackers, or a baked potato with stuff ....so I now do not eat those calories or higher carbs anymore....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-19-2014 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

CBOZ, your reading about chicken Caesar salad inspired my dinner tonight! I have been so crazy busy that I didn't have anything ready to eat and I did NOT feel like cooking tonight. I didn't have the stuff to make a Caesar salad but I made a salad version of a turkey club sandwich - romaine lettuce, turkey, bacon, cheese, tomatoes and a mayo dressing with Italian seasonings in it. It saved the day! It makes such a difference to have low carb stuff ready to go. Usually I do, but the hecticness of the past week caught up to me tonight.

Way to go on the knee exercises, KMom!

Carb count for today - 23 total, 19 net
Old 04-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!
Carbs: Probably less than five as I am trying an egg and meat fast for today and tomorrow.

Knee Exercises: YES 12/14 days! I am so happy about this.

CAC: I will be interested to see if your water bill is a lot higher. Might be worth it if is not too much more, as that water is really sliding down well. So proud of you!

Next Friday is a big weigh day! Let's all try to put in a little extra effort to get that second weight loss. Then we gotta maintain it till May 1st.

On May 1st you will be getting the prize if you have any kind of a weight loss and have weighed on April 10, 15, and 25.

Let's do this!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Tower: I really like that nickname...KMom. I think I will start using it. I like the shortened names so I can type something to someone fast. Mine is kinda hard. Kauai is one of the Hawaiian islands. So KMom is perfect!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

I think that name KMom sounds special....for a sweet lady...
Happy about your knee bends...

>20 carbs...
I am one dummy woman...LOL...all this time in our bedroom we have had a DVD player high on top of my DH dresser drawers under our TV that is hanging on the wall....there was an old VCR player sitting on top of it...so I never noticed it...WELL...got rid of the old VCR player and now I can work out with my walking tape...LOL I hated using the one in our living room for I had to use 4 different controls ....do this and do that...lol...now only 2 and off I go..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-19-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

B...egg/bacon/cheese omelet
L...Sm. garden salad/ranch dressing....Atkins bar
S...Grilled Pork Chops with chive/cream cheese sauce...
4 Buttered brussel sprouts...
IceTea and Zero Vanilla coke....water