Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carriemc
Stats: 294.5/280.0/190
Start Date: 3/31/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddress View Post
B: 3 eggs, mushrooms, cheese, BPC Coffee
L: smoothie with berries, cottage cheese, water
S: 2 italian sausage (filler free, 1 carb), cauliflower mash with butter, cream and cheese, brussel sprouts

Total carbs today: 23

Awesome news Kauaimom on the knees!! So much easier to keep up with the exercises when you know it is working!

Tower - even fitting better in the clothes would have been a great reward!!

CBoz - Thanks. I'm having a harder time letting this go than I would have thought.

Starting tomorrow, I really need to do physical activity every day. I got a Jillian Michaels DVD out of the $5 bin at walmart, that will be my workout tomorrow. Eating less is great, but it means nothing if I am not healthier/more fit. I now officially have clearance to begin to exercise more aggressively (as in more than walking, lol) after my surgery 4 weeks ago, so I have no more excuses.
RED - Would love to know if you like the Jillian Michaels DVD! Would love to have something different to do at home when I can't get to the gym that is different than exerbiking.
Carriemc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Carbs for yesterday - 46.

Back on full water today. UGH! Eyeballs will be floating again but at least now I would have to stop on the side the road to go behind a bush.

Have a great Low-Carbing Day!!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBOZ
Stats: 275/228/185
WOE: Doing it my "own" way. :-)
Start Date: 3/2014
Good morning everyone! :-)
Carriemc - Thanks. :-) And I did get my walking in. And somehow managed to train my stubborn puppy as well. That can be soooo frustrating...stop and go, stop and go. lol

Reddress - Your meals look delicious. I need to try the cauliflower mash. cauliflower is the only veg I really like. :-)

KAM - Great job on the knee exercises. I see you are on a roll!

Ladyinlove - I will have to check out that series. Thanks for sharing. I also need to get my butt in gear with the exercising. I have been walking faithfully, but I really feel I need to kick it up a notch. I was actually considering adding jogging to my mix. I have NEVER been able to run (unless I am being chased with a gun, doesn't happen often either...lol) but it would be nice. :-)

Tower - congrats on the NSV. You have lost a LOT. Soon the size will come. :-)

I can't wait to summarize everyone's maintenance/losses tomorrow. :-) I am excited about getting on the scale. I used to be an every day weigher, sometimes more than once a day, but suprisingly this isn't too hard.

Thanks for the challange, KAM. :-)
CBOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reddress
Stats: Start: 221 Goal: 175 Current:202
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Carrie - Are you floating yet? LOL!! The Jillian DVD was not bad, definitely worth $5. *I* found it a bit boring because she does a lot of talking and there wasn't really music or anything to keep me going. Next time I am just going to play my own tunes in the background to keep me jazzed. The workout though was good - really basic, do it yourself at home circuit training. I got a good sweat going, and I will say my arms feel like rubber!!

CBOZ - I LOVE the cauliflower mash, to me it is even better than potatoes!! Good luck with the running! I had that idea once, a few years ago, and it just wasn't me. I'm looking forward to getting back to Zumba when the new session starts in May.

I am also looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow! I am hoping I have reversed the damage done by the day I fell off the wagon. The resulting bloating has gone away so I have some hope of maintenance I think....
Reddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Carrie - Are you floating yet? LOL!! The Jillian DVD was not bad, definitely worth $5. *I* found it a bit boring because she does a lot of talking and there wasn't really music or anything to keep me going. Next time I am just going to play my own tunes in the background to keep me jazzed. The workout though was good - really basic, do it yourself at home circuit training. I got a good sweat going, and I will say my arms feel like rubber!!

CBOZ - I LOVE the cauliflower mash, to me it is even better than potatoes!! Good luck with the running! I had that idea once, a few years ago, and it just wasn't me. I'm looking forward to getting back to Zumba when the new session starts in May.

I am also looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow! I am hoping I have reversed the damage done by the day I fell off the wagon. The resulting bloating has gone away so I have some hope of maintenance I think....
RED - good job doing the workout. I totally agree with the music. Usually play my own just to keep me motivated. I am going to try the cauliflower mash also. Love cauliflower but have never tried it the way you made it. Sounds yummy.

I think you are doing great. You have stuck with it...that is wonderful!!!!

P.S. - 6 glasses down - EYEBALLS are floating now! He! He!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Fun day moving stuff around in the house.. Love those slicers that go under furniture to move it....now for lifting stuff..hahahah...now way... Worked on organizing all my craft materials everywhere.....so busy busy and still busy LOL

B...don't laugh girls LOL....I cut up chicken gizzards in small pieces and sauted them in olive oil,garlic powder, salt, Ms.Dash (Original) Not chicken fried with all the good flour but it worked....Just wanted something different....
L...Atkins bar....
S....Have a Cauliflower Pizza ready for the oven....when DH walks thru the door...
Drinking a Big Red Zero now...

Water ...water.....mmmmmmm

Ready to change that goal up there ....I am waiting....tomorrow...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-14-2014 at 04:27 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a great day!!

33 carbs today and 10 glasses of water. Yes, eyeballs have been floating

Tomorrow is the big day. Praying for maintaining at least since I didn't get all my water in over the weekend.

Anxious to see how everyone has done. KAM thanks again for starting this challenge. Having all of you to talk to daily helps make it easier to do my woe day to day.

Have a great evening and talk with everyone tomorrow
Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Carbs: 31 (More than I wanted, but still a good day)
Knee Exercises: YES!

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Hopefully, we will all have maintained. I am hoping to have kept my five off.

I really like this way of weighing so far. I did not think I could do it. I need to confess I cheated the first couple of days and weighed, but I have not stepped on the scale since then except for the one planned time on April 10th.

Holding my breath for all of us! Looking forward to seeing those numbers tomorrow.
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Can't wait to see everyone's results tomorrow!

Carbs today: 31. Went over a bit, but had a fabulous salad with nuts and seeds in it at work today. I figured if I was going to go over, at least this was a healthy way to do it!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

1.5. SO HAPPY!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/182/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
I am down .2 pounds. It is that TOM for me so any loss is good - I retain water like crazy so my weight usually is up a little. I'll take it!

I must admit, though - this challenge has made me realize that I like the option of weighing everyday. Since this is an atypical month for me, with all the social events, I'd like to be able to weigh to see what impact these higher calorie/carb days are having on the scale. I am usually a weekly weigher, but daily weighing can be a source of good information. Oh well. Lesson learned for me, so that's good!
TowerOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

WTG KAM! That is fantastic. Good job Tower. Wonderful that you lost when it is that TOM.

I am the same. No loss/no gain. Gotta kick it on my water and get back to exercising.

Have a great low-carbing day everyone!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

I stayed the same weight....so that makes me 26lbs....for almost 8weeks on the 4/17

Great job to us all....we did it..
Old 04-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Down 1 pound. So we are at a total of 2.7 pounds. That's pretty darned good for maintaining. :-)

Great job everyone!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I am happy - I made it back to my exact weight of 5 days ago! Not bad considering I put on almost 2.5 lbs after my fall off the wagon, and I am sure I am retaining water a bit in my muscles today - holy moley am I ever sore after my workout yesterday!!

Currently scarfing a OMM with peanut butter for breakfast, then I am off to apply for a new job.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
I stayed the same weight....so that makes me 26lbs....for almost 8weeks on the 4/17

Great job to us all....we did it..
Way to go Lady. You are doing an amazing job!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBOZ View Post
Down 1 pound. So we are at a total of 2.7 pounds. That's pretty darned good for maintaining. :-)

Great job everyone!!!!
YAYAYAYAY!! CBOZ
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Good job, everyone! You are getting a virtual pat on the back from me!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning everyone! I am happy - I made it back to my exact weight of 5 days ago! Not bad considering I put on almost 2.5 lbs after my fall off the wagon, and I am sure I am retaining water a bit in my muscles today - holy moley am I ever sore after my workout yesterday!!

Currently scarfing a OMM with peanut butter for breakfast, then I am off to apply for a new job.
Great job Red!!! Good luck today applying for the new job!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Carbs: 71 (allowed myself some extra today)
Knee exercises: Some done, will finish later

On to the next phase of this challenge. We have ten days to lose another significant chunk. And one pound to me is a significant chunk!

And remember the bonus. You are all GETTING something at the end of this challenge if you have a weight loss for the month of April and also have weighed on April 10, 15, and 25. If you also weighed on other days, that will not affect the bonus...but you MUST HAVE weighed on those certain days. You will see. I think you will smile.

I am curious if this weighing in on these certain days will be something I will want to continue. I typically weigh way too often when I am doing well and know I am losing. It has actually been a very freeing experience for me.

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: licia90
Low carb challenge

I would love to start this challenge I know I'm a little late!! I actually have started my journey today and ran across this page. Hope to hear from you guys soon
licia90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

We'd love to have you join, licia90!

We are a small group, but very committed to this challenge. Remember your weight today, and then don't weigh again till April 25th. You are in plenty of time for the second half of this challenge! You won't get the bonus...but if we do this again, for sure you will next time.

You can read back through some of the posts. We are trying to all learn together.

Welcome!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

I think we all did great .....wonderfullllll! Now on to the next weigh in.....This makes me think back to when I belonged to T.O.P.S. weight club and one time our leader made us calendars for the month and gave us happy faces to glue on for our weekly losses....LOL...Hey it worked back then....I stared loving them happy faces every Monday night weigh in....
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
I think we all did great .....wonderfullllll! Now on to the next weigh in.....This makes me think back to when I belonged to T.O.P.S. weight club and one time our leader made us calendars for the month and gave us happy faces to glue on for our weekly losses....LOL...Hey it worked back then....I stared loving them happy faces every Monday night weigh in....
Isn't it funny how what seems to be the simplest things is one of the most encouraging things. I would have loved happy faces!!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Okay - 19 carbs yesterday. Too low for what I am on. Have to get to the grocery store to get some goodies in.

Did get in 9 glasses of water and went to the gym.

I am loving this challenge and getting to know everyone Hope we can continue this challenge on in May and so forth.

licia90!! Glad to have you join us on our journey!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome licia90

Going to grocery shop for afew things....what to get....mmmmm
Take my time and really just look around....I have really learned to read labels now more.....and I can pass and look at items I use to always buy to cook with that now never fall into my basket now lol Now that is a test to pass.....Yea!

Off to shop early here while it is cool in the desert this morning...
Have a wonderful day everyone.....
Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Just realized that I forgot to post carb totals yesteray - total carbs 21; net carbs 16.

Welcome, licia90! This is a great group to be a part of!

This is a crazy busy time for me at work - school ends on May 3, so I have tons to do to wrap up all my classes. Looking forward to having this stressful couple of weeks behind me - but I love that I feel in control of my eating. In times past, I would always use busy times at work as an excuse to eat a bunch of junk. But it is so much more empowering to not let my circumstances dictate my eating choices.

LOL. I am low carb, hear me roar!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Ya'll ....and that is said with my Texas draw voice..lol
Back from the grocery store and if prices keep moving up we will all be on a Non Food Diet lol
I can remember my Mom making lots of casseroles to stretch the meal to go around the table...Very little meat and lots of potatoes or macaroni...

B...Ice tea/sweet & low
L....chopped beef pieces with alittle cream cheese sauce on top.....Atkins bar
S....Will be Chili Hot dogs using Atkins chili...and shredded cheese...Dill relish....
Deviled eggs...
Water....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-16-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

SO excited about our next weigh-in. A week from this Friday.

Lady: What is the cream cheese sauce you used on your beef at lunch. Do you add something to cream cheese?

licia90: I am looking forward to you posting tonight.

Tower: Loved you post about teaching and how you might typically overeat during this stressful end of year time, but instead...you are in control!!! So inspiring!

Cac: I love your enthusiasm. I really think we are going to do this! Not just this month, but as long as it takes to get to our goal weight.

Red: So proud of you for getting back that original weight loss. You have been a good role model for me for not giving up even when you are discouraged.

CBOZ: Thanks for tracking the weight losses.

Will post my carb count later. Also, I want to get my knee exercises down BEFORE I post again. Please continue to hold me accountable.

Where is Hutch?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Okay everyone, break out the whip. I was bad...and like I may have mentioned, when I am bad, I AM BAD. I fell off the wagon yesterday. I swear I must have eaten 400 carbs. So, I will leave my count at 400. :-( However, today, I am back on track. So far I have only had two Mcdoubles minus the cheese and some atkins m&Ms.

I am bad! I must be punished! lol

Welcome licia90. This is a GREAT group.

Reddress: I am afraid to get on the scale to see what I gained in my one day off. Great job on your loss. You are my motivation to keep going and know that a off the wagon day is not the end of the world. :-)