Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Metqa, I totally agree. Don't waste your vegetables and dairy. The cream sauces that Geiri describes is a great way to use them up.
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
My favorite sauce right now is mushroom sauce which is heaven with chicken (loins). I make it with cheese-spread (mushroom flavored), heavy cream, butter, spices and mushroom slices. I just love it!
Mr_Geiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Oh boy, that mushroom sauce sounds delicious Geiri!

I am back down a few ounces today! Hope this trend continues. This brings me to 4 pounds in 8 days! Yay!

Chicken livers and ground beef again today.

Talk to you all later!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -6
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/183/125?
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2014 re-start
First day of all meat down and I lost 4.2 pounds, now I realize that must be water weight but I will take it anyway! I have been at induction levels for the last 4 weeks and lost no weight, so I am thinking that something I am eating is making me retain water. I am going to add things back in one at a time after this all meat challenge to see what it is! Thanks for this thread, it is really going to help me get this figured out!
jerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic Jessica!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gang!

Another good day under my belt - no cheats. I am down .6 today!

Ground beef and chicken livers again today with black coffee with coconut oil in my first cup.

Have a great day all!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -6, -.6
Old 04-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

My second day done and I am down 1 more pound, so 5.2 so far! I can't believe how fast the weight is coming off and how good I feel! Abigale you are doing so well!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jessica! You are doing fantastic!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BringOnTheLard
Stats: 240/179/150
WOE: Ketogenic / VLCVHF
Start Date: Early Aug 2013
I've been baking a whole large pack of chicken thighs each week to have through the week. I was making vinegar chicken out of them and find that there is something with that that helps my loss. However got a bit tired of that so started just pre baking the thighs with some seasoned salt, and for the past few days I've been turning them into something different each day. A few days ago I removed the bone, chopped the meat up, added a bit of asparagus and put some cheese on it to make a kinda/sorta chicken casserole. The next day I heated them up and had them with a bit of sour cream ranch dip, then yesterday I added asparagus again and some lemon juice for a different flavor. It's been just the past week that I've added in a bit of veggie after being almost none for months. A tiny bit of celery here, a couple of spears of asparagus there, etc.

My food intake yesterday was some butter in the morning then two chicken thighs with 2 thin spears of asparagus and lemon juice for lunch/dinner and last night I felt like a snack so made deviled egg with one egg. That was quick and soooo tasty, will be doing that often I think.

Last edited by BringOnTheLard; 04-03-2014 at 06:07 AM..
BringOnTheLard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I haven't weighed today, so I don't know if I'm getting any effects, but the evening prior I roasted a whole chicken on a broiler pan with only salt, for 1 hour at 500 degrees. I cut the backbone out, so it was layed out flat. The skin was crispy all over instead of just the typical top of the bird. the breast meat was super moist.. The fat dripped into the pan below. I sliced the breast meat into slabs and soaked them in the pan drippings till they soaked up most of the fat and portioned the bird. That night I ate the skin and the wings. I had the Chicken breast with drippings on a bed of salad greens yesterdays' lunch. I felt queasy yesterday evening so I had an atkins shake, some bacon and some hard cheese for dinner and some ginger gelatin for a late snack. I had the rest of the breast and drippings for breakfast and have the two thighs and legs left for later meals. I already have another bird ready for roasting as well as some pork sausage to make into a simple sausage spinach brothy soup. I've been having seltzer water and plain water and a fruit flavored diet drink that I'd opened and had to finish.

Shopping was super easy yesterday. No cans, No veggies, No products. I just picked up a chicken and a box of mushrooms. Easy Peasy.

I have half a pint of kefir cream to finish off since I contaminated it by drinking directly. and some celery that I'm going to chop up into some chicken to make chicken salad. I think I'm on track if not completely meat only.

BTW, who is eating eggs?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 04-03-2014 at 08:03 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

No eggs for me but there is an egg and meat thread if anyone is interested.Spring into M&E! I am only having 2 eggs on Sunday morning to keep our favorite waitress happy!

BringOnTheLard, all those chicken thigh recipes sound so good!

Metqa, there is nothing better than crispy chicken skin! Shopping is so easy with just meat.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
No eggs for me but there is an egg and meat thread if anyone is interested.Spring into M&E! I am only having 2 eggs on Sunday morning to keep our favorite waitress happy!

BringOnTheLard, all those chicken thigh recipes sound so good!

Metqa, there is nothing better than crispy chicken skin! Shopping is so easy with just meat.
I shop every 2 days and it's usually in and out in just few minutes. I don't miss the days when I was wandering around for half an hour.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:13 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Sure helps the pocket book too Geiri doesn't it?

I must have had a little too much salt yesterday and am up .2. No problem, this is going to happen off and on.

Tuna with mayo today for me.

Back to ground beef tomorrow.

I'll check back after work to see what everyone is up to today. TGIF!!!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -6, -.6, +.2

Last edited by Abigale; 04-04-2014 at 01:15 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Hello everyone,
I am new to this group, but not new to low carb. Went back to low carb on February 2014. I did lose 17 pounds, then stalled. If I had found you earlier I would definitely tried the 'meat only'. You have some good suggestions... I have been craving mushroom sauce, so thanks for posting that one. Sometimes I can't handle the dairy but once in awhile....
So back to low carb, protein and fat for me....
Lost .8 today... yahoo
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

No loss for me today but I expected that after a lot of weight gone my first couple of days, we'll see what tomorrow brings!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sure helps the pocket book too Geiri doesn't it?
Unfortunately not in my case.

But that's to be expected when going from eating little to no meat to eating it for every meal. I had financial troubles recently and was pretty much living on noodles and bread for few months (which put me at my heaviest weight ever).

I started low-carb again once I had sorted out my finances

Not to say I spend a lot on food though, it's probably about what the average person spends around here. I was just spending very very little on it before, too little for it to ever be healthy.

Last edited by Mr_Geiri; 04-04-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

It is a shame Geiri that the high carb foods are the cheap ones. Glad your finances are better now so you can buy what is healthy for you!

Jessica, no loss or up days are always bummers. But when I am on all meat I am always very hopeful when I get on the scale. I always have hope that it will show a loss even if it is little. When I just do low carb it's up and down, up and down every day.

Hey jblanken! Great on the 17 pounds! Enjoy that mushroom sauce!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Abigale - love your mouse
Thanks... going back to Atkins72 and if I stall will switch to all meat.
I am trying to cut the njoy creamer in my coffee...
It may be my last vice..
Old 04-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I have had the mouse for many months now and it sill makes me chuckle. I LOVE heavy cream in my coffee. When I gave it up a few weeks ago I started only drinking coffee with a white lid on the cup to make me think my coffee was light instead of black. lol I usually drink vanilla or vanilla hazelnut roast. It is not as strong with a tad of flavor. On Sunday breakfast I allow myself cream in my coffee and two eggs at the restaurant we go to.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 196 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Quote:
I have had the mouse for many months now and it sill makes me chuckle. I LOVE heavy cream in my coffee. When I gave it up a few weeks ago I started only drinking coffee with a white lid on the cup to make me think my coffee was light instead of black. lol I usually drink vanilla or vanilla hazelnut roast. It is not as strong with a tad of flavor. On Sunday breakfast I allow myself cream in my coffee and two eggs at the restaurant we go to.
Your white lid idea is genius! Going to try this, would love to save those carbs in my coffee! Thanks!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Have you not tried coconut oil and maybe vanilla or something? There are ways to make it taste better without cream
Old 04-05-2014, 01:25 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Lizzie, I hope this helps you too!

Gieri, I am trying not to have things taste all that good. That is one of my downfalls and why I have gained lately instead of losing. I have read some of the studies that Steven Guyanet has posted on his whole health source blog. He is an obesity researcher and neurobiologist. He describes studies with mice that show they gain more if their food tastes better. He talks of a no reward diet that fools the brain into thinking it is fasting even if you are getting plenty of nutrition.

I do put coconut oil in my first cup of coffee for the health benefits but shy away from artificial sweeteners or extra flavoring. I need all the help I can get even if it means fooling my brain. lol

No loss today. I find the older I get and the more often I try to lose weight the harder it becomes. But I am not discouraged. Yesterday they brought cupcakes into the break room left over from an office birthday party. Two weeks ago I would not have been able to resist them but yesterday I did. Yay!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -6, -.6, +.2, 0
Old 04-05-2014, 05:10 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have read some of the studies that Steven Guyanet has posted on his whole health source blog. He is an obesity researcher and neurobiologist.

I do put coconut oil in my first cup of coffee for the health benefits but shy away from artificial sweeteners or extra flavoring. I need all the help I can get even if it means fooling my brain. lol
Abigale - Thanks for this information. Just love reading about the studies about carbs, fat and obesity. Have you heard of Peter Attia, M.D he has a website and Andreas Eenfeldt, MD from Sweeden.

My vice is the njoy creamer, yes I know its bad....still working this...its the main carb of the day.

Just a .3 loss today, but I'll take it because its going in the right direction.
I also know that my carbs were up a bit, finding out how my body works...
Have a great day!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Coffee for me is a whole other animal. It is my true vice. I could drink it all day long. When I started drinking coffee, age 5, yes my English Grandfather started all this... I was drinking it only black. Then when I started a new job (years ago) the guys made the coffee so strong that I had to curb the taste by adding the creamer. Now I am wondering if I just put half coffee half water I maybe able to do the switch back... I start out with a 3 cup of coffee in the morning then have another smaller cup after dinner with heavy cream.
Thanks for sharing all the great ideas...

Julie
Old 04-05-2014, 05:34 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, I too love to read studies concerning metabolism and low carb. I have read articles by Dr. Attia and Dr. Eenfeldt. Very interesting! I hear that Sweden is really going to town on low carb.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Julie, I too love to read studies concerning metabolism and low carb. I have read articles by Dr. Attia and Dr. Eenfeldt. Very interesting! I hear that Sweden is really going to town on low carb.
Yes I agree, Sweden is taking the lead in this....finally!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I am down .8 today, so 6 pounds in 4 days! I didn't think I would be hungry because I haven't been for a few weeks but I am ravenous today! I think it is because I went to the gym twice yesterday and burned all my fuel. I am eating all meat today, but am going to eat a little more of it!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Your body wants to make up for the usage of extra energy and gives you a bigger appetite to make you eat more. This is why exercise is a lousy way to lose weight.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

lol I knew there was a reason I never exercise!

Seriously, I move alot, lift heavy boxes, bend and reach during my job. We also take two stretch breaks everyday. But I never do just exercises.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickson View Post
I am down .8 today, so 6 pounds in 4 days! I didn't think I would be hungry because I haven't been for a few weeks but I am ravenous today! I think it is because I went to the gym twice yesterday and burned all my fuel. I am eating all meat today, but am going to eat a little more of it!
jerickson - congrats on your loses!
I agree with the others, exercise doesn't help with weight loss.
From what I have been able to read the doctors can't decide so best to figure out what works for you.