Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Julie, your welcome on the Steven Guyanet reference. You were building a bookshelf yesterday? Wow, you are pretty handy! Can we see a picture when you are done. I love to see DIY projects.

I worked on spring cleaning in the living room yesterday. One down, 5 to go.

I am cooking up some sausage links to take to our brunch today. My sister is having us to her house again. She is cooking bacon and some kind of egg dish. I am hoping she is making some mini quiches like she did last year. They were so delicious.

The weather is supposed to be breezy and beautiful today. So happy about that. DH and I are going to cook out this evening. Chicken legs with secret sauce!

Have a great day gang!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -.6, -.6, +.2, 0, +.2, 0, -.2, 0, +.4, -.2, +.2, -1.2, +1, -.2, -.8
(total lost so far 5.8 lbs.)
-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
Happy Mothers day to all Mothers.
Good morning ladies!

Abigale - those quiches sound yummy

Down .1 today so happy its going downward!

Mother's day brunch of bacon egg omelet today,
maybe I'll splurge and ask for tomato in that...hmmm

Going for a walk on boardwalk this AM.

Have a great day!
jblanken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:27 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I just lost my post. Hate when that happens.

We had a lovely brunch at my sister's yesterday and then DH cleaned up the grill from last summer and cooked out chicken. I was so good.

I am bringing leftover chicken, quiche and sausage links for lunch and snack today.

Have a great day gang!

March 27 start: -1, -.6, -.2, -.8 -.8, 0, -.6, -.6, +.2, 0, +.2, 0, -.2, 0, +.4, -.2, +.2, -1.2, +1, -.2, -.8
-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:28 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I just lost my post. Hate when that happens.

We had a lovely brunch at my sister's yesterday and then DH cleaned up the grill from last summer and cooked out chicken. I was so good.

I am bringing leftover chicken, quiche and sausage links for lunch and snack today.

Have a great day gang!

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1
Old 05-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Goal Weight for May 177
5-1 187.1 (-.1)
5-2 DNW - away from scale
5-3 DNW - away from scale
5-4 DNW - away from scale
5-5 DNW - away from scale
5-6 184.4 (-2.7)
5-7 185.6 TOM
5-8 186.4 arrr TOM
5-9 186.8 TOM
5-10 186.0
5/11 185.9
5/12 DWN - had a carb late afternoon 5/11....

fast today to get ketosis back...

Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!
Back on track today!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Hope everyone had a Mother's Day!

I did not do good and today I have a horrible sinus headache so I may not be back on until tomorrow!
Cherylg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Morning all -

I hope everyone had a fabulous Mothers Day! From your posts it sounds like you all did

Julie - How did the bookshelf turn out?! Once we get our major renovations done I'm hoping to build a bookshelf wall around the french doors in our "library" would love some tips if you have any! KUTGW on the loss! That's really amazing!

Abigale - Glad you had a nice weekend. Did your sister make the quiche? I love them, all flavors! I love grilled food, throw it on a grill and I'll grub down! What is the "secret sauce" for your chicken? Must share!! Also, I will most likely leave the "lost" board, since I have you here to talk to, no reason to keep posting there when not getting a response from any of the others..

Cheryl - I went through the same thing over a week ago, all the meds I ended up taking kicked me out of ketosis and I wasn't losing. But.. I stuck with it once I got well, pushed water pretty hard and got myself back on track. I know how much it sucks to not see losses, especially when you really think you are losing! Try to not get discouraged, if you follow the plan you WILL lose. It may take a day or two (took almost 6 days for me) but I trust this WOE and I know it can and does work when we give it time. It was so hard for me the last time to not give up because the first "round" of this WOE I lost almost 18lbs in 2 weeks.. about a lb a day, right off the bat. It's taken WAY longer this time, but it seems like the scale is finally starting to move again. If I can do it, you can do it!! I usually have 0 will power at "sticking" with things when I don't see immediate results, but this time I said ok.. after I'm well I will give it two weeks.. I can do anything for two weeks.. and if I don't see results then I'll rethink it all then, and after a week I started seeing results. Just don't give up.. you are stronger than you think you are!!

Stepped on the scale today.. 187.6!! I was blown away.. It has been amost 2 years (since my DD was 4 months old) that I have been in the 180's!! Keeping my carb count under 30 net a day & drinking tons of water (plus some crystal lite..) I'm just gonna keep on keeping on.. I really do think adding in the daily greens (spinach/spring mix/romaine salad) made the difference for me. Also, I've been munching on radishes throughout the day. Their spiciness keeps my cravings down & the crunch keeps me away from sunflower seeds (my crazy addiction) -

Hope everyone see's losses!! Have a great week -
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=justme_sara;16907665]
Julie - How did the bookshelf turn out?! Once we get our major renovations done I'm hoping to build a bookshelf wall around the french doors in our "library" would love some tips if you have any! KUTGW on the loss! That's really amazing!
/QUOTE]

Hi Sara - we bought the wood Friday night due to threat of rain Saturday.
We stained the wood Saturday AM. I needed to rid the spot where it will sit of my stuff so this was Saturday PM. Sunday was MD so took a break. This week sometime will do the varnish. It will probably be assembled this
weekend. I will post pics. It is looking like a dark mahogany finish, but that is just fine because the floor is the same and its for a masculine room...
Tips so far is just picking out the wood for the size of the space you have. DH and I are having discussions on this as we go...

You're doing great on the losses!! Wonderful

A'72 believer

Julie
Old 05-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Sara, I don't blame you for leaving the other site. We'll just meet up here! My sister did not make the mini quiches but I am going to get the recipe from her anyway. I think you would all love them. My sister in law made 2 regular ones, one with mushrooms and the other with asparagus. They were very good and not eggy at all. Our secret chicken basting sauce is alot of season all, some worchestershire sauce and alot of apple cider vinegar, and then water to fill up the glass container. We love that taste of the vinegar seeped into the chicken legs. DH bastes and turns, bastes and turns most of the time it takes to cook the chicken. It all started when my Dad would baste the chicken with italian dressing. That was very good but the oil in it would constantly flare up so I started mixing up something without the oil. Everybody loves the flavor.

Cheryl, so sorry about the sinus headache. Sure hope it is gone today!

Julie, can't wait to see the pics of the bookshelf!

I am seriously thinking of coming up with an all meat plan while counting calories. I think I will have better results. I'll elaborate tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day gang!

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1, -.2
Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Goal Weight for May 177
5-1 187.1 (-.1)
5-2 DNW - away from scale
5-3 DNW - away from scale
5-4 DNW - away from scale
5-5 DNW - away from scale
5-6 184.4 (-2.7)
5-7 185.6 TOM
5-8 186.4 arrr TOM
5-9 186.8 TOM
5-10 186.0
5-11 185.9
5-12 DNW - had a carb late afternoon 5/11....fat fast
5-13 DNW fat fast
Old 05-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Morning all - Up to 188 today =( After weigh in tomorrow I'm going back to just weighing once or twice a week instead of every day. I think I get better results and get WAY less frustrated that way!

Julie - don't you HATE TOM?! So frustrating to just feel like all your hard work goes down the tube (no pun intended!!) but, hopefully it comes right back off afterwards. What are you using for your fat fast? I have heard of them, but haven't every done one myself. Any particular reason you do them and any particular recipes?

Abigale - I would love to have the quiche recipes (regular and mini) my husband doesn't like mine bc they're too "eggy" so I'd be interested to see what she does different with hers. Good luck with the calorie counting! I know this is a "just meat" board, but what made you decide to go this route? Are you not a fan of vegetables? Sometimes you need to "shock" your body into a different routine, could you try going all veggies for a couple days? Just a thought.

Cheryl - Hope you are feeling better today There's a nasal spray that worked WONDERS for me - Nasafrin. Got it at WalGreens where the nasal sprays are. Two sprays in each nostril & I could breathe in a matter of minutes. It was fantastic.. Lots of honey lemon tea & chicken soup (minus the noodles..) I also have an easy delicious recipe for Hot & Sour Soup if you like spicy things or need a change from the chicken soup.

Have a good day everyone -
Old 05-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sara - I did a bunch of carbs late afternoon Sunday and I use the fat fast CO(coconut oil) to get back into ketosis. Also doing an experiment on myself to see it I can lose some weight this way. I drink coffee/hwc in AM and take a Tablespoon of CO when I feel hungry during the day and at night I eat protein & multivitamins. I drink a lot of ice water during the day to cleanse my palette, seems the carbs coming out of my system leave a bad taste in my mouth.... I've been thinking about this experiment for awhile now and this just seemed like the right time to do it. I was thinking of mixing CO with a sugar alcohol eryth.(spt?) last night for a sweet, but was so tired (carb flu) and with allergies last night I took a hot bath, read and went to bed early...
Old 05-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, all!

I am back on track since yesterday - not weighing though.

Sara - thanks for your kind words - please send me that recipe!

Abigale - Great minds think alike! I also started counting calories and watching portions to see if that can jumpstart me to losing.

Julie - you keep such good track and do so good!

BBL
Old 05-14-2014, 01:21 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

I am hoping by keeping track of my calories this post will be the last entry that will show a bounce up. Because I am only 5ft 2in and only moderately active I should keep my calories to around 1200. I will plug my choices for the day into a calorie/carb counter and keep much better track instead of just mindlessly eating say 1/2 bag of pork skins etc.

Food for lunch will be 2 chicken drumsticks, black coffee and pork skins. Dinner I have not decided yet.

Sara, I hear what you are saying about shocking your body with a different routine and have had success doing that before. I am hoping to shock my body by cutting back the calories and I think it will be really shocked! lol I will work on getting those recipes for you!

Cheryl, I hope we both have a lot of luck with this calorie counting tactic!

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1, -.2, +1.2
Old 05-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies,
Did a low carb day yesterday, today I am doing CO fast.
I am up 2 lbs since my carb late Sunday...
Drinking lots of water!

Have a great day!
Old 05-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, my!!! I am up 2.6 lbs - so my weekend splurge was not pretty.

Time is definitely running out for my NY trip. All my pants are tight for one thing and I just want to feel good while I am there.

So I am going to count calories and carbs starting today - I am going to stay under 1,000 for several days to kick this into high gear!

Abigale - let's do this!! - I ate so off plan this weekend, who am I kidding here? I need very strong willpower which is why I have a weight problem.

Sara - I need to shock my body into not eating

Julie - you are doing good this week, girl!

Cheryl
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Good rainy dreary morning to you all!

It's been raining & in the 50's the last couple of days here, wish I was at home with the windows open and a good book but a girls gotta work

GOOD LUCK to Abigale & Cheryl on the calorie counting, hope it pays off big for you both!

KUTGW Julie! I'm gonna try out some coconut oil this weekend & see if it works for me.

Recipe(s) for the Asian Hot & Sour Soup - I'm posting 2.. a simple version and complex version. We LOVE Asian food so we tend to have all of the "weird" ingredients that are listed in the complex version (all major stores like walmart or kroger carry them though..)

Hot & Sour Soup (complex) - serves 4
- 1 Tbsp CO/OO or any neutral cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (can sub 1 Tablespoon garlic powder/gran garlic)
-1 Tablespoon Minced fresh GINGER (can sub 2 tsp powdered ginger)
-2 stalks green onion, thin sliced into rings (keep white & green separate)
- 4 cups chicken broth (canned/bouillon/fresh)
- 4 cups beef broth (or sub extra chicken broth)
- 3 Tablespoons FISH SAUCE
- 3 Tablespoons SOY SAUCE
- 2-4 Tablespoons CHILI OIL (hot) (can sub 1-2 Tablespoons CAYENNE PEPPER)
- 1/4 cup RICE VINEGAR (sour) (make sure it's the UNSEASONED kind, the seasoned has 4-5 carbs per serving..) You can use White Distilled in place, but it's not quite as strong..
- 1-2 Tablespoons TOASTED SESAME SEED OIL
-1 tsp SPLENDA or liquid sweetner
-2 whole eggs, mixed up

Directions:
1. Saute Garlic, Ginger, and White parts of onion until tender and fragrant (3-5 minutes)
2. Pour in broth, fish sauce & soy sauce. Simmer 5-10 min just to develop flavor.
3. Turn on low & add in splenda & sesame seed oil.
4. add in vinegar & chili oil to taste (this is your sour/hot so you can adjust accordingly for heat/sourness)
5. Once heat/sour is to your liking, bring back to simmer - while stirring slowly stream in eggs (this makes your egg noodles)
6. Adjust seasoning/sour/hot & top with green onion tops

** I've made this 1000 times & there is not "right" way to make it. Some days I dump almost a whole bottle of rice vinegar into it and others barely have any. Same with the chili oil/cayenne. You can also add in anything you like, chicken/pork/veggies (it's great with shredded bok choy or cabbage or bamboo shoots) tofu etc. Once you get the hang of it, you can just dump it all in a pot together and let it go then finish with streaming in your eggs. Soy Sauce & Fish Sauce are both VERY salty, so I usually don't add any salt. If it needs more "salt" then I add more of one or both items.

Simple Hot & Sour Soup

8 cups chicken broth (or half chicken/half beef)
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp powdered ginger (may omit)
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar (or White Vinegar)
1-2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper or Chili Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 eggs - mixed

Directions:
Combine all ingredients (except eggs) in a pot, simmer 5-10 minutes. While stirring, stream in eggs. Season to taste

Both of these should have MAYBE .5 net carbs (from the garlic & ginger if using fresh) - if you use powdered then it's basically 0!

Let me know if you're able to try it & how it turned out! I really need to start taking pictures of my dishes, but then ya'll will have to teach me how to post them on here!!

have a great day ladies
Old 05-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #288
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rigato
Do you have few days wihtout meat from time to time or not?
rigato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigato View Post
Do you have few days wihtout meat from time to time or not?
Rigato - I have had a few "vegetarian" or "extra high fat" days with no meat. Usually only when I've had a bad weekend, feel bloated, or I'm not losing for a few days.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:24 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning gang!

Sara, your recipes for Asian Hot and Sour soup sound so delicious!

rigato, I rarely have a day with no meat but sometimes have vegetables with the meat if I am at a family gathering or go out to dinner. Usually this consists of a salad or some other low carb vegetable. As a rule, I don't think you have to eat vegetables to be healthy but if eating just meat you should vary the type of meat. Don't eat just muscle meat but have liver, heart etc. Eggs and limited amounts of cheese also come from animals and can be eaten on a just meat diet.

Getting settled in to my calorie limit experiment. 1200 calories are really plenty for me if I don't get into emotional eating.

I have 3 more chicken drumsticks left from our grilling last weekend and 3 sausage links. Along with black coffee and pork skins this is what I will be eating today. I'd like to stop at the store on the way home and pick up some canned tuna to finish off my calorie allotment for the day. Will mix with some mayo for tuna salad.

Cheryl, let's do this!!

Julie, how did your CO fast go?

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1, -.2, +1.2, -.6
Old 05-15-2014, 04:16 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Abigale - I totally lost it on the CO fast. I was under some
stress yesterday at work, I did jog but then I had some carbs.
I am having a cardio test(stress&echo) today and not
really looking forward to that so I am taking a break just
eating meat/eggs with a small salad when I am hungry.

Hope you guys see losses on the scale!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 AM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, all!

I finally lost the 2.6 lbs I gained over last weekend. Now to make the scale keep going down. I have no events the next 3 weekends before my NY trip so there is no excuse not to lose. I would be happy with a loss of about 8-9 lbs.

Julie - good luck on your cardio test - Any time you have something like that, it is stressful. Last week, I had my pap and mammogram done and that stressed me out.

Abigale - you are so good with this! I wish I could be as strict as you.

Sara - Raining and in the 50's - sounds wonderful! Here in Florida, it is very humid and in the 90's.

BBL
Old 05-16-2014, 02:35 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, believe me, stress derails all of us! Hope the cardio tests go good for you today!

Cheryl, sometimes I can be so strict and other times I just cave. It can be so frustrating. Hope we all have a good strict day today!

Sausage bites, black coffee and pork skins for lunch. Dinner not sure yet.

Have a great day everyone!

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1, -.2, +1.2, -.6, -.2

Last edited by Abigale; 05-16-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies, hope you see losses today!

DNW today.
Had the stress test yesterday and the echo. They want to do they stress with the dye because they think there maybe a blockage even though the test yesterday was only 30% sure of this. I can't believe I wasted this much time with the first test just to have the next 4 hour test done next week. But its all about insurance and what they will pay...etc Such a bureaucracy and process to how they do things in the medical field. I don't think the extra carbs I've been doing helps this test so I am going to be strict with myself this week. The nurse had 8 things on the list I should stay away from. The ones I remember were stress, chocolate and another was coffee. She harped on the coffee/caffeine. I told her I had 2 cups every morning. After she finished talking about the coffee I told her that my palpitations occurred when I had stress or just ingested carbs or sugar. I asked her she had 8 listed, why didn't she talk about those? I also told her I lost 85 pounds when I found out I as pre-diabetic 8 years ago, she said she struggled with this too since this runs in her family... Well anyway on to the next test... sorry I am babbling..

I've been reading the 'heart attach' thread and these guys have had such challenges to heart problems (there is always a worse case!). They ALL went on low carb and reduced their meds and symptoms. Now if that isn't encouraging to continue the LC diet I don't know what else is...

Thanks for your support & encouragement!!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Julie & Cheryl - great job on the losses! Stress & lack of sleep are both major factors on my losing/not losing weight. Sometimes it's so hard to make people understand that! I'm sorry you're having to go through this Julie, Dr's and testing in general makes me cranky

Julie - have you posted pictures or little notes to yourself around the house/car/work? Sometimes when I'm craving or having a bad day and want to cave these are the only things that keep me going/push me to stay on track.

Abigale - I hope you're able to try out the soup recipe, I love getting feed back from someone other than DH!

Made some killer Jalapeno Poppy Soup the other night, it was fantastic! I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested - I LOVE spicy foods, if ya couldn't tell already!

I am back up to 189 I have been following the plan, but haven't been drinking as much water as normal and TOM is just around the corner so I'm going to chalk it up to that!

Had our follow up Genetics appointment for our little one yesterday. Everything came back negative (which we already knew) so now we are being sent to a pediatric ENT (to check her ears, soft palate, and uvula.. she was born with a pin whole in soft palate & a forked uvula - the hangy down thing in the back of your throat) and to a GI specialist to make sure her little body is absorbing all the nutrients. So far all we know for sure is that she has Global Developmental Delay (hasn't met any milestones on time) & that she's TINY, in 3rd percentile for height & weight for her age. They've ruled out any kind of dwarfism or dysplasia as well as any degenerative muscle disease, so that's good.. so the hunt continues! She is a super happy, easy going, social little person so we're focusing on that & her therapies to keep us from getting angry/frustrated.

Hope everyone has a motivated/strong will/stay on track kinda day!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post
Had our follow up Genetics appointment for our little one yesterday. Everything came back negative (which we already knew) so now we are being sent to a pediatric ENT (to check her ears, soft palate, and uvula.. she was born with a pin whole in soft palate & a forked uvula - the hangy down thing in the back of your throat) and to a GI specialist to make sure her little body is absorbing all the nutrients. So far all we know for sure is that she has Global Developmental Delay (hasn't met any milestones on time) & that she's TINY, in 3rd percentile for height & weight for her age. They've ruled out any kind of dwarfism or dysplasia as well as any degenerative muscle disease, so that's good.. so the hunt continues! She is a super happy, easy going, social little person so we're focusing on that & her therapies to keep us from getting angry/frustrated.
My prayers are with you and your little one.... I remember when my son (then 2yrs old) was having trouble speaking... It was a difficult time (surgery&therapy) but we got through it. Hope they find nothing but a healthy baby!!

Lets all get some losses today!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Sara, hope all is fine with your little girl. She has the best mother, that's for sure!

Julie, sorry you have to go through another long test and hope it all comes out just fine for you. We are thinking of you!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

You guys are the best!
I found this while looking for another that had the stress test... This is so encouraging to me.... If these people can loose 100+ then I can surely get to my goal!!

HEART ATTACK??

I'm making this my mantra to get me through the tough days
from Ralph in Arizona...
Having a heart condition, diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis has made this, at times, very challenging so I found that I had to make it a black or white way of life. But then again there is nothing more black or white than dying .

• There are no days off.
• There are no cheats.
• I must weigh everyday.
• I must test my blood glucose levels at least twice a day.
• I must make sure I have the right foods at home.
• I must make the right choices when we go out.
Hope this encourages you as well as you have helped me so much!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, those black and white statements by Ralph would help all of us live healthier lives. Thanks for posting them.

I am thinking of tuna salad and egg salad over the weekend with pork skins to dip in them. Need to go to the store later.

I will check back later to see how everyone is doing. Project for the day is to deep clean an extra bedroom that is used for storage.

Have a great Saturday all!

-.4,-.2+.2, -.2, +.2, -.4, +.2, 0, -.4, ..., ..., ..., +2.6, -.4, +1, 0, +.6, 0, -.8. -.8, -.8, -.2, +.4, -.2, +1, +1, -.2, +1.2, -.6, -.2, -.4
Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

DNW taking a break from scale but staying on plan, good 45min walk on sunny boardwalk today, just loved it. Abigail I loved the tuna egg salad, had it for lunch yesterday...yummy

Have a great meat lovers day, hope we all see losses!