Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Happy Birthday Shy how lovely and young you are!

Thanks Lola for all your help. Sorry you hate the 2nd job. Money isn't everything...
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
How was your birthday Shy hope that you had a lovely day?

Kissa. Its not the job that I hate - that is the shame. It is the Manager basically, she isn't one lol and whatever you do its never right so its like a slow drip drip on your confidence to be honest. All the staff feel the same so its not only me. Anyway I've only been covering and its time to give the job to someone who needs it.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. We are out to dinner tonight which was tricky earlier in the week because of the carb fest the friend is planning!!...so I had the decision do I offend her and just pick at the meal or tell her? ..so I told her and said I could compromise from what she is cooking so don't want her to change anything. Its all about the company isn't it.

Off to the West Coast on Sunday to see DD for the day. We cannot get booked into a hotel for Saturday and even if we could the prices are sky high because of Glastonbury I guess...wondering if we are making the right decision going with the Festival etc..but DH is set on it so if he is in I am in.

Have a good one everyone xx

One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time

Last edited by lola5k; 06-27-2014 at 12:31 AM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
(Usual apologies for being Missing In Action...)

KISSA!! HUGE hugs. I had no idea poor Tonda was having such problems. Kudos to you for dealing with all that misery AND cat problems - but I am heartened to hear the cat is getting better and wishing with all my being that the antibiotics and antidepressants will sort Tonda out soon too (although of course antidepressants usually take a while to kick in properly). Thinking of you. This really isn't a time to worry about weight - you can however be thankful that you are slim and healthy and have the energy to be able to help as much as you can.

Shy - (belated). Hope the fibromyalgia has calmed down a bit, and thanks so much for the glorious image of you as a "right doughnut" in a sundress

Lola, sorry about the hassle with the second job, yes it is indeed the company which counts at dinner, and have a great weekend (although take wellies & umbrellas if you're going to be near Glastonbury!!).

Ailuros - indeed. Carpe diem! Any interesting places on your list of journeys for next year?

Everyone else - hello!! (Argh my fingers typed hallo there - due to German - never liked that in English!). I am not eating as well as I would like just at the moment, due to being a bit down (no work prospects really). Contemplating just upping sticks and moving to Italy, if I can find *some* sort of a job there... (but that's secret!). Had a week in France with friends but as the husband put his back out very severely the day before I arrived, and they have five daughters and a hellish logistical tangle every day, I didn't sit down once during the day! LOL. Ah well, good in a way - this is a bloke who is scared of no-one. Except, a little bit, me When I told him to bloody well stay in bed, he did!! Nice to know one is there to help one's friends...

Just waiting for the proper summer to arrive!!

Love to you all, even the lurkers...

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
aww juno sorry to hear no work prospects but a move to italy sounds fab and maybe a shake up that will work!! good luck whichever u decide

thanks for asking fibro is same ole. but i have pretty pink strapping to my arm as well now, matches my top nicely lol

lola not long and u can say bye bye to the yukky boss. good luck down glastonbury way as juno says take wellies they say the weather is not going to be good there (is it ever?)

kissa lol at me being young, dont feel it!! hope things continue to improve with dd, juno is right its good u are in a position to deal with all this due to being so strict with yrself. when u have time to worry about yrself again u will

well dh has treated me to a spa weekend for my birthday we go sunday til tuesday and he doesnt want any treatments that are included so i am having them all

x
Old 06-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Hello ladies! Not from Europe or the middle east but still not really part of the lower 48 either. Reading your posts reminds me we are a lot the same anyway. I have read your posts often but today I just wanted to post. Kissa prayers and good thoughts going your way. Strength to all else with continued sucess.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #186

Squash what a lovely thing to do. Thank you for you kindness. I had a wonderful holiday in Alaska a few years ago. We travelled by train a lot, took the bus into Denalli National Park, generally a wonderful 10 days.

Things have been pretty bad here today, the panic attacks were bad enough for a trip to A&E. The Dr set her mind at rest a bit but it is awful seeing her choking, crying and saying she is so afraid of dying. Much happier this evening, but that seems to be the routine.

Shy I hope you are revelling in your spa weekend. relax and enjoy you deserve it.

Ooh Juno, Italy! Somehow I see you there more naturally than in Germany...

Lola, good luck with the West Country traffic, glad we are in London the is weekend.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Juno, Italy would be lovely — and even better if there’s more work there!

Kissa, that must be so hard for all of you, but I’m glad your daughter can stay with you for a while! Do they still think an infection is the problem?

We’re home now. I’m looking forward to settling back into my routine for a while — and then to heading into France for a couple of weeks at the end of July .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #188

Ailuros, the course of antibiotics are finished so hopefully that has been sorted, but she is only 10 days into her Prozac, and they say the anxiety can be worse during the first 3 weeks of that...
Old 06-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Squash

Juno..great to see you back...Italy now you are talking...oooh that would be so lovely yes go for it...I love it that you told the friends DH in France what you thought!! Yes.

Ailuros end of July will be here in a flash...Yay a holiday.

Kissa lets hope that it isn't worse during the first 3 weeks for you all.

Shy Great that Dh doesn't want any treatments. My Dh didn't want his facial when we went for a spa day...however, after experiencing it he wanted it every week. Hello I am the high maintenance one not you!! So keep your DH away from all that woman's stuff I say.

We didn't go to the West Country in the end DD said it would probably be suicidal with the traffic and because we couldn't get hotel was gonna be a long day driving there and back in a day. So have booked lovely hotel to go the weekend of the Bristol River Festival in July. We are also gonna try to catch the Tour de France next Monday somewhere en route to London. Would have loved to gone to the Mall but it will probably be rammed out with people so will try to find a quieter spot if we can in between Cambridge and London.

Just had lovely dinner of sweet potato, parsnips and slow roast pork. Still loving the whole 30 thing...it really does suit me. I also made some walnut butter today turning into a right Delia lol. Although I do love cooking if I have the time.

Last edited by lola5k; 06-29-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh kissa i am so sorry to read about dd, it must be so hard. i do hope theres some iprovement very very soon

had a wonderful weekend away, was primped and pampered and ate drunk and generally made merry lol. and lola he stuck to not wanting any so i had all 6 ha ha

bristol river fest sounds fun. the tour is coming near us so if u come essex way come visit

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #191

Tell you I could us a spa day just now!

Lola i love Bristol and I bet the river festival is brilliant.

She seems a tiny bit better, but very up and down still.

At least the sun is shining!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Kissa so glad to heat things might be improving. Again good thoughts and a hug your way.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #193

Thanks Squash, it is up and down, tomorrow we are boldly planning a new shorter than short hair cut.

I am at least seeing flashes of my lovely happy daughter. Her fear is slowly abating. But the sad, frightened times are still too frequent.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Wow we all are busy...busy ...busy. Hope that everyone is OK?

I.m still enjoying Full 30 and have now lost 2.5 kgs in total so am happy happy happy. I am eating properly and not starving myself plus all my internal bits and pieces are working properly if you get my gist lol. Only thing is my nails are rubbish but is that still from those awful acrylics that I had on for so long??? Been taking Biotin for 9 months but not really helping I feel so envious of people with lovely nails...

Losing has been slow progress but do you know I don't care because slowly will stay off hopefully and it seems to be the only plan that has worked for me with what is probably my last 7lbs - 10lbs that I want to lose. I love the varieties of food and being able to eat nuts and seeds. Yes I miss the alcohol but have sneaked the odd cheeky glass in here and there cos I am not giving that up for ever

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are all doing.

Last edited by lola5k; 07-11-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lola glad its still working for u and yaaay to the kgs off and internals

kissa hope dd continues to improve

waves to everyone else hope you are all well

x
Old 07-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello!

Lola, I’m glad you’ve found a plan that works and that you like!

I’m still doing 5:2 and staying more or less steady — hard to tell if there have been small changes, because the scales went a bit weird for a while. Anyway, I’m somewhere around 112-114 depending how many up days there’ve been recently. I’m off to France at the end of the month though, so who knows where I’ll end up after that!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Oh there you all are lol.

Ailuros OMG you have done so well 114lbs...that is fantastic! I think you have leeway if you go to France so enjoy yourself and you will get back on the pedal once you are back.

Thank you Shy yep I am pleased with results truly.

Sorry I was rushing this am and forgot to ask Kissa if DD is all OK...do hope so.

Hi to everyone else reading. Get posting lol

xx
Old 07-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello! I have been MIA for too long, and not eating or exercising properly Oh well!

Life just gets busy sometimes, doesn't it? I seem to have been consumed with baby stuff and too caught up in my daughters' lives with their babies......lovely as that has been, I need to pay more attention to me (and my DH and DS).

Had a quick read of everyone's news. Just wanted to give Kissa a virtual hug....sounds like life's been tough recently. I really hope your daughter is feeling heaps better and will quickly settle back into her routine in her own home.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Take care,
Jan
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jan good to see you back.

It must be so lovely to have spent time with DD's and new babies so don't beat yourself up but maybe its now time for YOU...and DH and DS...

Hope that you get back to plan easily and back into the exercise saddle. That's a very difficult one as once you miss a week or two its really easy to slip. However, I always view it as an appointment. That helps me.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hi Lola,
Yes, making an 'appointment' to exercise is a great idea. I just mentally made an appointment for an 11:15 Zumba class. Now I've written it down, I'll have to go!!
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
Hi All!

Sorry from my absence, I had to take another break here...

I hope you are all well, and I'll pop back in to catch up of course!

xxx
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mimosa,

It's very quiet on here everyone has gone on holiday I think!

Glad to see you back and post with all your news when you have time. I am also taking time out for holiday now and will be at home with my daughter next week etc.

The Whole 30 is proving a great success for me and obviously suits me as I have now lost 3kgs YAY....I had previously struggled so much to just lose a pound. The last stone is always the hardest I know.

Anyways look forward to all your news and anyone else who is out there sneaking a look...lol

Oh and Pinch and a punch...don't think its worth starting new thread for Summertime as we will soon be going into Autumn NOOOHHH

Last edited by lola5k; 08-01-2014 at 01:54 AM..
Old 08-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi mimosa and lola, not been posting as not been too great, fibro is hitting me for six most days unfortuntely

glad the 30 thing is working for u lola, u must be so pleased

hi to everyone else hope u enjoying the nice weather

x
Old 08-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

sending hugs Shy
Old 08-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/190.8/160
WOE: Keto
Hi all!

Shy: I hope you feel better soon, I'm sending you hugs too!

Cindy: hope you are well and that Tonda is ok too.. Sending you both lots of good thoughts!

Lola: nice to see you! Well done on the weightloss and enjoy your holiday time!

Everyone else: Hello, hugs, waves, kisses: I hope you are all doing well and that summer is good to you!

I'm fine; losing in fits and starts, but nothing spectacular. I indulge in the occasional beer and wine, so I can't expect spectacular results! For the rest all is well, I have finally bit the bullet and made myself an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to see about doing something about my very painful bunions.... I am in constant pain now and I think I need an operation to correct it. So at least by tomorrow afternoon sometime I'll know what can be done!

I've been travelling for work a lot and also some for fun so hence my absence and then I just needed a bit of a break from posting too... I guess I have that once in a while, sorry!

Things have calmed down now, so I'm going to try and post regularly again.

Have a good day,

xxx C.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:53 AM   #206

Good to see you Mimosa, hope you can get the bunions sorted out. They are a pain in more ways than one.

Shy, sorry the fibro is giving you gip. Life's a b**ch, and then we diet! as the saying goes.

Lola, glad the new regime is so good for you, brilliant job.

I am with Tonda in Southend as I write. Not great, but some small improvements. Off to Devon later today and won't see her til Saturday, longest break yet, but then they are coming for the weekend. She is getting more hours of support so that is great. Also on HRT now��

Guessing Ailuros is busy enjoying France. And Jan off to the Galapagos I think!

Vicky is back from her hols in Oz. Nose to the grindstone I expect .

I am 9st 7 and I like to be 9 but it is a miracle I'm not bigger!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got back from France this afternoon. Just starting to pick up the pieces of home life again!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #208

Hope you had a wonderful time!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:05 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a lovely time, thank you. It’s nice to be home, but I do enjoy getting away every so often! I’m just starting to sort through my hundreds of photos!

I weighed 8st 4 this morning: 3 lbs more than the morning I left, so I’m pretty pleased with that. I generally find that I retain a bit of water when I travel, and I spent quite a lot of the last couple of days on trains, so I hope a couple of pounds of that will drop pretty quickly.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:30 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
I weighed 8st 4 this morning: 3 lbs more than the morning I left, so I’m pretty pleased with that. I generally find that I retain a bit of water when I travel
You and JUDDD have really blended well together, haven't you. Well done.

Good to see you home again and in such good shape. How was the bikini?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote