Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ve always preferred eating my food rather than drinking it. I’m not a great fan of soup. That’s probably why I didn’t really take to the juicer. I still get lazy about eating enough veg though. Must keep working on that.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes we must keep up our veggie intake.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Ailuros - if you're anything like me, it's because the blasted thing takes SOOOOOO long to wash up! I LOVE the idea of juices but have to gird my loins in practice because of that.

Kissa - huge congratulations upon your anniversary; enjoy the Turkish restaurant (nom!).

Lola, don't let me put you off your juicer :-) ENJOY! Just, don't do what I did when I first had one. I reckoned, bit of onion juice good, more onion juice better... erm, let's just say that IT'S DAMN WELL NOT! Never felt so sick for so long in my life!!

Jan, hope the IKEA trip went well and I must say I LOVED the picture of your four generations!!! FAbulous.

Shy, so glad you enjoyed your holiday. For the record, my private beach actually isn't; it often involves elderly Poles doing a bit of fishing, and stridently noisy families, and flashers (not usually at the same time), but it's only two minutes by bike from my flat, and I can usually find a space to stretch out and read, and I don't have to pay for that. In my mind, that is my private beach!!

Lola, how wonderful that you have so many friends celebrating your birthday :-) Absolutely something to celebrate!!

Everyone else, hellooooooo!

Wondering how to correct bingo wings without massive exercise programmes etc. Yep, I DO know this is impossible :-)

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #154

I'd count that as a private beach too Juno!

Ditto on the Bingo wings.

Another good DD ruined by wonderful neighbours with wine...
Old 06-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
just a quickie from me as have family visiting. trippo (is that a word) on the bingo wings

congrats kissa and juno yes thats private enough for me too

i will pass on the juicing too, not my thing

oops aunt just got up got to go
x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Juno lol at the Onion smoothie...yep not so sure of that. This particular juicer with has the name bullet in it oops is quite compact and not very much to wash up at all. Not like the food processor now that is a nightmare. This particular one you only have to wash a cup and the blade...2 min job.

Ailuros I love soup so its fine for me I guess.

Enjoy your family staying Shy hope its not too much hard work lol.

Well the bad news about the bingo wings is that if the muscle has already wasted away...(atrophed) then its hard work to get rid of them. However, if you feel that you do have some muscle in there....tricep dips and more tricep dips. Weighted tricep presses....not to let you get off lightly but. I.ve been working mine for years and no improvement...so maybe its how it is lol.

One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time

Last edited by lola5k; 06-04-2014 at 07:01 AM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Wow everyone has gone away

Hope that you are all enjoying the glorious weather. Of course I.ve been working so not seen very much of it. Hopefully get to sit in it for an hour later and get some rays onto my body.

Yesterday was a totally disastrous day. Started off with me knocking a cup of black coffee over onto a beige carpet, went to spinning class and forgot to bring my spinning shoes home so had to whizz back as they bin anything found at my gym! (except iphones of course they keep those!). This made me late for a meeting that I had but I.d got the time wrong arrived an hour too early!! The arm snapped off my sunglasses, my car locking mechanism failed and I am now locked in my car unless I wind the window down and use my hand to pull the handle from the outside. Then I got home and knocked a glass of water over...phew glad that is over. Was it Friday the 13th or something lol.

So hopefully for a better start today and been on track with full 30 now for 2 days so will do another 28. Seemed to wobble a little over the last couple of weeks due to birthdays and anniversary's blah blah. all excuses ha ha.

Getting on great with my new toy juicing lots of vegetables with a little fruit so not overdoing the fruit but am feeling very virtuous having more vegetables.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, Lola, I hope today goes better!

Things are quiet here for now. We are planning to spend a few days with my parents at the end of the month, but after a few years with endless visitors, they’ve mostly moved on to other things, which makes our life a lot easier! It’s nice to see them, but it was getting a bit much.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow lola!!! Hate to say but isn't this Friday the 13th? Hope u don't get a repeat day!!

Ailuros glad to hear things a little easier regarding your parents

I am back on plan but am being sorely tested

Enjoy the sun
X
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

OMG Shy..I.m not going out

It's hard when you returning from holiday but you have had your fun so its time to knuckle down now ha ha. You can do it I know your determination.

Hopefully, by the next weigh in you will see success and that should keep you going.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #161

Lola, you are so completely right about the post holiday. I am eating way too much and haven't got into rotations at all.

What a nightmare of a day you've had. Friday will seem a doodle.

We are down in Devon now and the weather here isn't quite so warm, but still lovely.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Hope that the weather has improved in Devon Kissa.

Shy, Ailuros, Juno, Mint, Jan whoever is out hope that you are sticking with plan successfully. You all obviously have lives

I.m still loving whole 30 and back down 2 kgs which I lost first time around and then put 1kg back on!! ...so happy...I.ll stick with it for time being as I like this way of eating and its working especially eating nuts YAY. Its amazing how much better you feel just losing a small amount of weight such as 5kgs. However, we have been invited to a dinner party next week so that may be tricky.

Working all week so busy busy and bet the weather is going to be gorgeous today.

Last edited by lola5k; 06-19-2014 at 12:37 AM..
Old 06-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well done lola this whole 30 does seem to suit u

i am sticking to plan but have been very busy and combined with a fibromyalgia flare up am exhausted but hey ho i will live lol

hope everyone is is ok
x
Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Hope you feel better soon Shy

So where is this 25 degree weather???? I was wearing 25 degree suitable clothes yesterday and was cold ..
Old 06-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well we had it at 9am when I went out, by 4pm when I got home it was cold and I felt a right doughnut in a sundress lol

X
Old 06-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #166

Hello! This is copied from JUDDD thread, but explains my absence.

I am fine, heavier than I like but fine. But I have had a tough couple of weeks and we aren't out of the woods yet.

My daughter with DS has been in a very bad place, anxious, distressed, tearful, sometimes vacant, sometimes hysterical. She has has paramedics and out of hours doctors visit her. She isbeen obsessed about food and, of all things, Face Book. We though it might be early Meno, she will be 48 this year and DS experience early Meno.

I have been dealing with her, her support workers, Social worker and many friends who are all trying to help. After all this we have at last found that she has a urinary infection which has caused all these issues. She is now on an antibiotic for that, an antidepressant and tomorrow has more bloods done... I will be with her tomorrow but it has been so hard dealing with this from the other side of the country. There have been hundreds of calls, texts and private FB messages. I feel 10 years older.

At the same time my lovely white cat has been desperately ill, we thought we were going to lose her. 4 days in the vet hospital, temperature of 105, no eating or drinking and possible bone marrow tumours. She is a nightmare with them and has to be sedated for most tests. So 2 general anaesthetics for an already sick cat is not good.

She is home now, and slowly improving. Her jaundice has gone and she is eating and drinking better (I no longer have to feed her warm chicken by hand). We are hoping it was a viral infection of the bile duct. She had an ultra sound of the liver and it looked fine, her bloods were very slightly better on the 3rd lot of tests (they managed to do it under pain sedation rather than a general) so we are hoping she will now continue to improve.

The vet and I agreed she is not an animal to undergo long term treatment if it is worse than we hope. I won't put her through unnecessary stress simply for our benefit, much as we love her.

So, here we are all still alive and looking forward to a better time ahead.

Hope to be around again now. Will weigh tomorrow, not looking forward to it. Everything in tight.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh gosh kissa my heart goes out to you. i knew about daisy from FB but not about DD. these UTI when left untreated can be very serious in all sorts of ways unfortuantely. much love and hugs from me and u know where we are if there is ANYTHING we can do to support

and sod the weight that isnt important right now, leave off weighing til things calm down if needs be no point in upsetting yourself more

x
Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kissa. What a lot to be dealing with! I hope both settle soon.

I’m staying with my parents this week, which is why I haven’t been around much. They’re doing more or less ok, and the weather’s gorgeous, so it’s nice to be out of town. The cows next door have some cute calves less than a week old.

There are some sad notes too though, because we started our visit with a funeral (husband’s uncle) and my brother and his wife are tied up sorting things out after her mother’s death last week. Neither of them were especially close to us, but it’s a reminder of mortality — and of how many of the people in our lives won’t be there in ten years time.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #169

Thanks I am seeing her today so that will help me assess things. Cat continuing to improve.

Weight not too bad 131.5 but I don't know when I'll get enough motivation to deal with it.

Yes Ailuros we have value our family and friends.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Kissa so sorry such a lot of worry for you and you know that we are all thinking of you. Hopefully, the antibiotics will sort things out and stabilise the situation.

These UTI's are totally crazy cos the person doesn't seem to feel unwell with them like Cystitis but it sends the mind crazy. I remember FIL and my Mum had them and they were really worrying.

Don't worry about your weight you aren't 200lbs....131 is fine and even if you top another one or two you know that you will get it off. Your routine has been seriously upset and when that happens all good eating goes out of the window we have all been there.

Sending hugs and hope things improve.

Ailuros yep enjoy life whilst you can and spend all your money too...lol....leave a little for the kids in the form of property etc but enjoy the rest...actually once you start hitting your later years you realise how short life is...really short.

Hi to Shy and everyone else reading.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:10 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We don’t have any children, so we can spend it all, Lola . I think I’m fitting in extra travelling this year partly because seeing my parents unable to do much makes me realise you have to do things while you can.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #172

we are busy spending our kids inheritance. They are fine as, sadly, their father left them comfortably off.

My DD and her DH ar staying with us for a couple of days, hope to assess the situation.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I’m glad they can be with you for a while. Hope she’s feeling better.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ailuros thats exactly why we are planning more holidays in the next few years and whilst i am the unfit one i have to bear in mind my hub is 10yrs older than me.

kissa i hope you had a good birthday and that you managed to enjoy it despite all the troubles. as lola says your routine is messed and now is not the time to worry about your weight as well as every thing else. i hope dd improves soon

lola i am one of them that KNOWS i have a UTI but it does do mad things if you are unaware its there. you go SPEND it all the kids will be fine, we were!

waves to anyone else tuning in
x
Old 06-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Hope that things calm down for you soon Kissa. Nice to have family with you at this time.

Well I had an awful nights sleep last night so took a reserve (kept for emergency) sleeping pill around 1pm and still awake at 3pm so took another...MISTAKE...totally wiped out today lol.

Hey Shy...isn't it your birthday tomorrow? Yesterday? Yikes we've missed hope not.

Have to admit that I.ve become a little addicted to In***gram as there are loads of really good photo's on their for all types of diets. Atkins, Low Carb, Paleo, Full 30.

Last edited by lola5k; 06-24-2014 at 04:41 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #176

Interesting you mention sleeping pills Loa. DD is not sleeping well at all. I was up with her for over an hour last night. I have some Sominex here and did wonder...

She is on an anti depressant though and her antibiotics.

But it is so awful lying awake for hours.

On a happier note, the cat is eating her normal food!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Shykins
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Kissa,

Sominex are only over the counter sleeping aids my DH swears by them and takes them with antibotics. Hope that this helps with your decision.

Last edited by lola5k; 06-25-2014 at 05:10 AM..
Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Lola and don't tell them what I said I was eating this morning

It was kissa birthday earlier in the week and tho I said it on FB I will say it here too albeit belatedly kissa!!! Hope things are improving

X
Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Awh belated Kissa.

We used to have a list..hmmmm as if we have time to look at that lol.

Dashing to my 2nd job (which I hate). However, it will be over in 4 weeks and I will get some of my life back !! I must remember to say "No" when I'm asked to help out with extra hours temporarily which, then turns to permanent. Give someone else a job who needs it. I.m happy with my lot.

Have a good day.