Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
oooh kissa i bet its fntastic, shall look foward to the pics
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Sounds amazing, Kissa!

Good luck, Vicky, and well done with that first week!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope it went well Vicky. Week 2 is always harder I think, but you know what to do.

We are in Quito now and more gorgeous food. But I am trying not to overeat, tasting is a privilege I have to remind myself. It is a lovely old Colonial centre surrounded by a vibrant growing city.

Will have no internet while in in the Galapagos so, au revoir.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Week 2 isn't starting well - but I'm still feeling good!!!

So jealous of the Galapagos!!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Ahhh, Kissa, I hope the trip continues to be absolutely wonderful! My parents did the same; they LOVED the Galapagos!! Enjoy.

Mint. Yep, I was jealous too :-) Congrats on your first week, may it long continue.

Shy, absolutely know what you mean about low-carb affordable snack food. Sad fact is, natural proteins tend to be a little unstable in unrefrigerated life. Jerky is probably as near as we can get, plus maybe a bag of radishes with a twist of salt? (My airline snack of choice.) PS how's your mum?

Ailuros, sounds like you've been having a great time!! Congratulations on not piling on the pounds.

Lola, hope you have a FABULOUS time in Spain!! Oooh, garlic with everything :-) PS, I do not in the slightest deny having a wine-drenched brain, LOL, but googling "Full 30" brought up Pilates!!

SlowSure - how are your poor hands/arms? Sounds painful!

Mimosa - can't quite remember where you live. Please do remind me - *possible* audition up Aachen way...

Anyone I've missed: sorry, hello, keep on trucking!

Not being the most disciplined here, I have to admit, which is a damned shame. Elderflower champagne season - bag of sugar to each bucket. Certainly reminds me of just how much sugar there is in most fizzy drinks!! Otherwise not too bad: forward on I'm OK, sideways oh rats I need to lose more!

Didn't bother the wonderfully keen bloke in his 90s who danced disco with me last night at a premiere party!! Have to admit, I do like that particular dress. Jessica Rabbit, in black velvet :-) Now all I have to do is appeal to an actual straight bloke within about 20 years of my own age, either way... *sigh*

All the best,

Juno x x x

PS oh yes, I felt every inch of my avatar name last night! OK, if we're being technical, tummy too fat, upper arms far too soft, but hey, CURVES :-), regal, even goddess-like. Definitely Junoesque.

What we do works!!
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Unfortunately had a few UD in a row - all good - but very happy to be back on a DD!

Juno - still making us laugh!!

Hi everyone!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Hey hey good to see you back Juno laughing about the 90 year old man....yep hope you find one 20 years either way hmmm 20 years less is better. Although if 20 years senior and he is loaded might be worth a punt cos you will definitely end up a rich lady he he. Elderflower champs sounds lush but ouch as you say to the sugar.

Had a fab 5 days in Spain, well it was 3 days really cos the other two travelling backwards and forwards and what a palava it is at airports all that security I was almost going through the scanner in just my knickers and bra - take this off take that off.blah blah....then some women got on the plane and their friend didn't. They then decided to get off cos the gate had closed and friend didn't make it through so we had to go through all the palava of checking whose hand luggage was in the overheads and then getting their cases off...but hats off to airline got it all sorted in a delay of 30 minutes. And you never know its all safety for us isn't it. Just a chore at times. Its a nuisance that they cannot devise some kinda doctor who machine to get you there in an hour.

It was all lovely and we hit the hills and the local spots so needless to say had lovely rustic food at a fraction of a price and I only gained 1lb...result.

Lush weather here over weekend and was able to top the tan up a little more but back to the graft again today.

Hope everyone is OK and sticking to plan? Here's good luck for more DD's Mint which will hopefully balance out the bad UD's.

I.m still loving the way of eating on the whole 30 and am continuing for now even if I don't lose any more just love the way of the plan - it rocks.

One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time

Last edited by lola5k; 05-19-2014 at 08:25 AM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everyone

I had a brainstorm and ordered the bikini top as well as the tankini I got the other day.

Saturday was the sausage day that my husband bought for my birthday, so we ate some on Saturday evening, and have a salami & a chorizo hanging in the cellar.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Wow the sausages sound lush Ailuros. Talking of birthdays I just remembered its mine tomorrow DOH!! Seem to get less important as each one goes by lol
Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I was younger, I would never have believed it was possible to forget about my birthday, but I can quite see it now. Hope you have a lovely day!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Exactly. I remember last year I woke up and about 10 minutes later remembered....its called old age I think
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Hope you had a marvellous birthday, Lola! The Spanish holiday sounded lovely - damn shame about the sheer hassle that flying can turn into nowadays. I used to absolutely adore it - now I'd rather take the train if at all possible.

Ailuros, very brave to get the bikini top!! And hooray for Sausage Days!

Mint, hello!!

And everyone else, hope you're doing well and that your weather is lovely! I am SO looking forward to the summer - we had a taste of it yesterday, so I spent my first afternoon this year on my "private" Rhine beach Come on sun, you can do it!!

Juno x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had summer on Monday.

The bikini top arrived this morning. I could wear it without looking terrible on the beach, but really, there‘s no substitute for youth when it comes to looking good in a bikini. I’ll take both tops with me when I go away, and see how the mood takes me.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Ailuros just go for it. You.ll never see these people again unless you going with friends lol. I am sure you.ll look fab. I agree I keep thinking how much longer can I wear a bikini but then I only wear the bottom anyway when I am lying down...ooops.

Private Rhine beach sounds curious Juno...yes I prefer to train or ferry on trips but it would take too long. The pleasure has been taken out of it AND one gin and tonic and one glass of wine Euros 14 on the plane...WOT...thought it used to all be duty free...sent it back in protest...

I had an absolutely fabulous birthday and actually didn't really mention it to anyone except on here..but lots of friends remembered and I received loads of flowers cards and gifts...totally fabulous...but boring that I am I stuck to plan....will let my hair down a little at the weekend when we go out properly.

Last edited by lola5k; 05-21-2014 at 11:35 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #135

Glad you enjoyed a good birthday Lola, nice to know you are cared for.

Ailuros, good for you getting the bikini top too. Enjoy wearing them with pride, whichever you choose.

Well, this is the end of a truly wonderful holiday, just one more night, here in Guayaquil then home via Madrid. The Galapagos were amazing and even though I didn't sunbathe, no time, I have changed colour to a light gold, nice for a change.

Carrying extra Cindy, but that will go soon enough.

Lovely to see you all posting.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The holiday sounds just amazing, Kissa, but it’ll be nice to see you more often again .

I’ll probably take both tops with me, and wear the tankini one if I’m going further afield, and the bikini one if it’s a shorter outing just to a beach right by the hotel.

We’ve got a friend staying this weekend, so it’s non-stop cooking and eating here .
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

am back from my holiday too. weather was not that great but had a good time and unlike the goodies i ate everything in sight and some!!! tut tut me!!

lola glad to hear your birthday was fun, i had a drink for u whilst away, hope you heard me lol. ugh to the plane fiasco we had delays etc too

ailuros yaay to the bikini top, go for it!! as lola says no one else will see u again and honestly if u saw some of what i saw last week u would be not at all bothered. some people really are TOO heavy for a string bikini!

juno private beach?? is that one of those beaches. mum is fine btw thanks for asking.

mint well done to getting back to DD,

kissa your pics were fab. look forward to having u back with us soon

slow, amin and everyone else hope u are all keeping well

x
Old 05-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Woooh Shy...good to see you back. Sorry it was cloudy but at least it was warm. We only had a couple of days sunshine anyway.

Kissa..glad the hols going OK as well.

All back to plan tomorrow...after the holidays and bank holiday. Had birthday, wedding anniversary and other anniversary all chucked into one this weekend. So drinking not been brill...been to gym. But won't weigh till next week.

Ailuros...sounds like a plan....keep the skimpy one for straight to the beach. Shy...string ughhhh...but you are so right...some just don't care how much information they give to us lol.

Have a good one...hopefully some more sun will shine through soon.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you had a nice break, Shy, even if the weather wasn’t great. And, regardless of weight, I won’t be wearing a string bikini!

Lola, that sounds like a packed weekend!

We had a friend staying, so more eating and drinking than usual, but I’m sticking on 5:2 for now, so hope the damage will be gone after a couple of down days.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:33 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Ailuros/Shy...honestly the string bikini's should be banned they are disgusting and always the wrong shape people think that they look OK in them...hmmmm
Old 05-27-2014, 03:06 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hi there,
Was thinking about you all, and just read through everyone's latest news. Hope those of you in the UK enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend. We had Memorial
day here in the US. We saw 2 of our kids, but spent most of the time getting the house back in order after ripping up all the carpets and laying hardwood floors. Big upheaval but worth it!
Needless to say, my absence coincided with a weight gain (it always does!). I am
carrying an extra 5lbs, the births of my 2 lovely granddaughters in March made life rather busy, and I gave up all exercise! Big mistake - but I am ready to get back in shape!
Will be nice to chat on here more.
Love all the talk of holidays, bikinis, etc. 'Tis the season!
Take care,
Jan
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #142

Me too Jan. Walking was good on the Peru leg of our holiday but I got very little exercise on the Galapagos. went snorkelling a 4 times and on one occasion swam back to the 'mother' boat, but with 3 great meals in front of me every day that was not enough!

Well at least I have made a beginning on my eating. Had a great DD today and feel back in control again. Will not weigh until 1st June though. No point in torturing myself!

Nice to be home and have the cats back.

Oh and Jan, congratulations on becoming a grandmother to 2 lovely little girls.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Jan...good to see you. Sounds like a busy weekend with all that ripping up carpets and laying new floors. Needless to say we had mainly rain over the Bank Holiday weekend...well where I live!!

Congrats on the new babies. 5lbs isn't so bad and you will soon get that back off once you start excising and eating on plan I am sure. Yep its amazing how important exercising is in keeping it off.

Same for Kissa good plan not to weight till 1st June why torture yourself...and with your JUDDD magic you will soon be back at goal. Glad that you had a lovely holiday.

Hope that you are coping on 5:2 as well Ailuros.

Last edited by lola5k; 05-27-2014 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice to see you again, Jan. And congratulations on the granddaughters!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

congrat from me too jan

and as lola says i am sure both u and kissa will be back to goal in no time

more rain!!!!
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Hi ladies,

Thank you for the welcome back
I feel like I am getting back on track. I am eating sensibly and am showing my face at the gym again! Eventually I will get back to JUDDD.

My mum is visiting from England on Sunday to see her new East coast granddaughter, and then we are flying together to the West coast to see the other! Should be fun! I will diet in earnest when she leaves.

Today is chilly and wet so Im off to Ikea with a Scottish friend. I hope they have some low cal options in their restaurant...

Have a nice Wednesday whatever you're doing
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Hey hey...hope that you are all doing OK with your plans.

I'm back on plan this week with vengence no dairy, no processed...wholesom whole foold.

Hope that you weigh in wasn't too disastrous Kissa?

Also just ordered a juicer for a good price. I need to get more veggies into my diet and making smoothies etc with spinach and kale can only be good for me. Some of the recipes sound lush with chia seeds etc etc.

Have a good day. I.m off to spinning followed by a body conditioning class then a boring meeting.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I’ve got a juicer in the back of some dark cupboard. I can’t remember why I stopped using it.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Yeah get it out and get using again. Maybe you stopped using cos you were on low carb and the veggies had too many carbs in them?

My friend has been using her's and lost weight..not that she needs to but she has and kept it off.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #150

Hmmm I don't think I'll go the juicer route again. I do make smoothies occasionally but just use the blender.

Finally got to the gym this morning, back into the routine.

Tomorrow is our 33rd Anniversary and we are going to a Turkish restaurant with friends. They are very light eaters so I hope they will influence me, lol.