Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Morning from sunny Austria. Skiers are skiing and we are lounging about, lol.

Shy so glad Egypt was as good as ever, sorry about the back though. Good old LC wil have you losing again in no time.

Ailuros walk naked and proud in your warm home and slim body, lol. I am so pleased to hear that you have your energy back. Looks as if meno is now behind you.

Hope you enjoyed the cinopera Slow.

Hi Lola, Amin, Chloe, et all. Enjoy the weekend.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
lounging sounds much more fun than skiing kissa lol

yaaay at nakey ailuros lounging in her warm house - about bl**dy time!!! so glad too that u will enjoy yr friends i so understand the dread u felt before.. mayhap as kissa says meno is passing for u at last

slow enjoy your kayaking, any movement on the medical stuff? and yes that cream does sound lovely

amin have a great weekend too glad they noticed the weight loss, i found i had lost almost 4stones before some people noticed GRRRR

mimosa hope all is well and u are having a good weekend too

lola awww what a lovely surprise from DS, did u cry? good luck on yr clean month

who did i miss? sorryyyy no doubt will remember as soon as i press enter lol
x
Old 04-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Kissa enjoy whilst you can - lounging and hopefully peace and quiet.

Ailuros: Enjoying all the hot water and heating although we don't need heating now lol. Naked I bet your DH is happy lol.

Slow: Hope your kayaking weekend was good and you are settled in your new house.

Hi: Amin...did you try the vinegar?

Mimosa: Hope weekend was good and eating still going well.

Shy: No I didn't cry but was quite choked and happy both at the same time lol.
WOW no one noticed your weight loss that is amazing..well they probably did notice but didn't know what to say I suppose. As I said I always tell people cos it makes you feel nice that you have succeeded. Nothing quite as strange as folk..or as they say lol. Hope that you enjoying the 16 degrees and rain here lol.

Still happy with my whole 30 plan....2 weeks in now.

Hi to everyone reading.

One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time

Last edited by lola5k; 04-07-2014 at 04:08 AM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi All!

Wanted to check in and let you know all is well. Am still good with my eating, but haven't had a weigh in yet. I think I lost inches at least! Health is good too, and back is playing along nicely as well.

Work is really busy at the moment and home life as well (we are both travelling for work, so evenings are spent doing household chores and gardening and walking the dog), so not much time to post.

I am thinking of you all, and promise to check in and read up on all your shenanigans when I get a spare hour!

xxx Chloe.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Wow Mimosa your Avatar is lovely.

I weighed this morning even though I am not meant to weigh for another two weeks. However, I have OCD with scales so had to weigh or I was in serious danger of doing something I might regret lol

I think I have finally found the right plan for me. I have lost 2.2kg in 2 weeks and I haven't felt hungry. Here is a woman who usually only loses ounces and gramms not lbs so I am so happy. This has now kept me motivated to do the next two weeks of the 30 days...half way there.!! Yay

The claim is also that you will feel leaner and don't know if its mindset..but I do...I have lost off of my stomach where I had put it on...so another result.

Last edited by lola5k; 04-08-2014 at 05:18 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
That’s excellent, Lola! 2.2 kg in two weeks is amazing! And I agree — lovely avatar photo, Mimosa.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amin81
Stats: 182.5/143.1/132
WOE: LowCarbHighFat & 16:8
Start Date: 7 Jan 2014
Hellooooo! Glad to see so much good energy in here, as usual.

I've just finished up the work assignment that I had for the past 9 weeks and am thus now officially a luxury wife for the remaining 3 months or so that we'll be in Paris. Life is pretty good!
Weight loss does seem to have tapered off though. Last week I lost 0.3 kg and the week before that 0.2 kg. Still losses but oh-so-slow. But I guess it's those last 7 kg to get rid of, it's bound to be slow going, right? Just gotta adjust my expectations.

Oh and I haven't tried to vinegar yet. I've bought it and it's waiting for a day when I'm home a bit more to be able to keep those windows open! =)
Amin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lola thats brilliant well done!!!!! always gives u encouragement to stick with it when u can see it working

amin u are still losing and thats what is important, baby steps now as u dont have much to lose, u will get there

mimosa agree gorgeous pic, come back when u have time to chat

my restart has failed slightly due to having D&V for the last few days ugggh

x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Oh goodness, how time flies!! Apologies. MIA due to several adventures colliding (M E Z Z O D R A M A for the latest instalment should anybody be interested and not already have the link). And I come back to flat stomachs and Ailuros parading naked and warm through the house (bet the plumber came back "to check the boiler was continuing to work without a hitch" several times!) and Kissa wowing the slopes and white vinegar being hailed as a god and Mimosa looking gorgeous as usual... and I can't ... nope. Shan't make excuses. Am too lazy to reply individually. SORRY!

However just belting in to say how nice it is to "see" you all (we really need a new verb for the digital age, huh?) before trotting off to mash celeriac to go with roast chicken thighs (my other meal today was asparagus, so I covered the veg there). I am hoping the celeriac mashes properly after roasting under the chicken - guess I'll wait and see!

Oh, and because I know you'll all be able to share my excitement, whereas most of the world would be a little mystified - I found a shop where they sell shirataki noodles!!! In different sizes!!! And they don't even smell that bad when you open them!!!! I was in heaven. They also had a plentiful supply of fresh coconuts, so heaven was upgraded (please don't tell me if fresh coconut is thronging with carbs, it's such a delight!).

Back soon, hopefully.

Juno x x x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quick question for my UK gals - I'm going to London this weekend and am super-excited to go to Starbucks and order my tall filter coffee with a shot of sugar-free vanilla and a dash of heavy cream (as I would in the States).
Will they stare at me (as they would in Paris, no cream and no sugar-free syrups here at Starbucks), or will they get right to making my order?
Please please let it be so!

Happy weekend everyone, catch you Monday!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just make sure you ask for pouring cream otherwise they use the squirty stuff that has sugar in!! they only have a couple of s/free syrups here. hazelnut is one and i think vanilla is the other

other than that ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:08 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone!

Just flying by once again! No time! Work is insane!

Everything else is good though.
Wanted to wish everyone a lovely Easter holiday, and those not celebrating a nice weekend, even though it's only Tuesday!

I will be more active in this thread after this weekend, I promise!

xxx Chloe.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Morning all...guessing we are all busy this week and hopefully some are enjoying the glorious sunshine that we are receiving at the moment

I finish my whole 30 on Thursday and cannot believe I.ve been on the programme a whole month. However, these are the best results that I have ever had. I.ve lost 2kgs (nearly 5lbs). So I am very happy with that. The hard bit now is not to put it all back on, especially with Easter looming. Luckily, I don't like chocolate so that won't be a problem. I am going to continue with the plan mostly over Easter and then afterwards and see if I can knock another 2kgs on the head.

Have a good Easter whatever you are doing. My DH and DD will be home YAY
Old 04-15-2014, 02:05 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well done lola, that brilliant results

Everyone have a brilliant Easter and I too will be more active on here after Easter. Have to knuckle down to it again!!!!

X
Old 04-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

5 lb is pretty good for a month, Lola! It sounds as if the Whole 30 thing really suits you!

Mimosa — I hope you have some time off work for Easter (Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays here).

I’m just back from a long weekend in France. We had visitors before that, so I’ve done an awful lot of eating over the last 10 days or so. My weight this morning was up about 5 lb from before all that. I can tell be the sock indentations that a fair bit is water, so I hope to drop some of it fairly quickly. I’m going back to 5:2 now for a while, until it’s gone.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely time!

By the way, the thing my husband was organising for my birthday turned out to be a day’s sausage making course. I have had a go at making them from time to time, and enjoy cooking, so it should be fun.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shy, hello! I was posting at the same time as you — not ignoring you!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Ailuros: I am sure that you are right...it will be water weight and hopefully that will drop soon enough with 5:2.

Shy: You.ll be back on the plan next week. Easter is a difficult time eating for lots of people...we have to be sociable...lol

Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooh sausage making what fun and how inventive of him. Wouldn't mind that myself!!!! Am sure your water weight will go in the next few days, glad u enjoyed yrself.

X
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #79

Hello everyone, I am struggling with the overeating bug at the moment. Lovely having Vicky home but every day is a holiday.

Good work Lola, it sounds as if you have found a great plan for you, 2 kilos is fantastic.

Hope you enjoy the Sausage making course Ailuros, that sounds like a really good day. When we lived in India I bought a sausage making machine and the result tasted good even if they didn't always look that good.

Loving the weather, but enjoying too many drinks in the sunshine.

Hope you all enjoy a great Easter and resist the choccies. They aren't a serious temptation for my either Lola, though chilli chocolate is another thing.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

So excited about the sausage making Ailuros, you'll have tons of fun! We recently tried our hand at making our own sausages at home for the first time, it was great!

Will post a few pictures....

I'm off work as of this evening, and am really going to switch off and stay away from social media and computers! Need to do a little spring cleaning at home tomorrow and then a weekend of relaxing, family, chocolate (eek!) and eggnog, etc is ahead of us! Starting back at work next Tuesday, so will pop back then! Have a lovely Easter everyone,
xxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sausage 1.jpg (28.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sausage 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sausage 3.jpg (31.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Ladies!! London was awesome, Starbucks was even better and I learned at the first place that heavy cream is pouring cream over there (just like I need to switch over from saying drip coffee to filter coffee).

Happy Easter! I'm actually really homesick for Sweden, partly I think because I miss the Easter candies that we get there, which would be a disaster for the diet so maybe just as well that I'm not there and can't get those. Chocolate here is just not the same so I should be able to stay away.
Hang in there everyone.

Now off to make a halloumi sallad with avocado, pine-nuts and the new basil olive oil I just bought. Totally a treat for this wonderfully warm spring evening (we had 19 degrees in Paris today, I've been out in the park!).
Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #82

I sat in the sun yesterday and it was divine. I am starting to apply fake tan ready for my South American trip. Felt very, very pasty.

I love you sausage picture Chloe, yummie.

Glad you enjoyed London and Starbuck, Amin. I am more of a Costa girl myself. I love basil oil.

I am dreading my weigh in on Monday back in London. I have not been a good girl at all.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad u enjoyed yr Starbucks with cream Amin.

Ahh kissa U will be fine when u get home

Happy Easter everyone
X
Old 04-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed the Easter holidays.

I managed to relax, do a good spring clean at home, enjoy the fruits of our labour in the garden, and I ate too much chocolate, LOL!

Back at work and back to my lots of work pile that was waiting for me. At least things are organised so I'm less stressed!

I only have a three day week this week, so it's not too bad. Got Friday off, my little sister graduated with a first for her Industrial Design Masters degree and so that has to be celebrated! So I'm off to Holland for the weekend on Friday morning. Looking forward to it.

Next week wil also only be a three day working week because of the May day bank holiday, so I'm going to enjoy all my spare time, LOL!

xx
Old 04-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Wow Mimosa congrats to your Sister and even better 3 day week wooh hoo.

I don't suppose you were the only one with the chocolate.!! Luckily I don't really like it...so can more or less ignore it. Tried to keep it low in my house but somehow loads crept in from kids etc...lol.

Hope everyone has a good week. I relaxed a little at weekend with some champagne and wine but didn't seem to do too much damage phew. Back onto another round of Full 30 this week. I'm loving the way of eating and the results from it.

Speak laters body pump awaits.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello .

Impressive little sister, Mimosa!

Easter went well here too. It seems like forever since we had a few days with a warm house, no workmen, no visitors, just a nice relaxing time and a little bit too much food.

I’ve dropped some of the results of visitors and the trip to France, but am still about three pounds above my lowest weight (115 this morning). I’m doing 5:2 for now to see if that’s enough to drift back down. We’re away for the first May holiday weekend to celebrate my father’s 80th birthday, but nothing else lined up for the next couple of months, so it should be enough.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Hi all and congrats on surviving Easter! Even if some additional chocolate made its way in there. =)
I ignored my eating/drinking restrictions for my friend's wedding and decided to just enjoy it. The food was actually pretty much on plan, except for the frosting off the cake (only one tiny bite of cake due to gluten) and massive amounts of marshmallows. But then I also had quite the bit of champagne and wine. Totally worth it though.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well all i can say is that i WAS doing well over easter til we decided to cook a fruitcake!!!.. whyyy did i do that??? my nemesis is fruitcake <sigh>
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Junoesque
Stats: Size 18-20/14-16/12
WOE: Atkins. Ish.
Start Date: Re-started 1 January 2006
Hehe, glad I'm not the only one who wasn't totally controlled over Easter - although I was far more evil than any of you, basically riding through the entire long weekend on a river of wine No chocolate, mind. Not my thing, chocolate.

Had a good time, though!

Mimosa - congratulations to your sister, and have a great time in Holland!!

Ailuros, I loved the thought of "a nice relaxing time and a little bit too much food" - good luck with the weight drifting down!

Lola - Full 30? Is that more than Pilates, then? Am curious!

Amin, glad you had a good time in London, and on the homesickness. I'm lucky, I don't seem to get that - I miss people, not England.

Kissa, did you survive your weigh-in? I too have been at the fake tan (don't want to frighten the horses when it's nice enough to ditch the tights!) and am LOVING the fact that it no longer stinks or streaks - and that's for something costing about €2!

Shy, how was your Easter?

Slowsure, how did you enjoy Boheme?

Anyone I have missed, helloooooo and sorry!

Not really starting the week (okay, yes, I know it's Tuesday!) the best way, as I have duck stock in the house and need to use it, yet no decent protein. Tapioca again. I'm a bit obsessed Hopefully a few days for my liver to dry out, before heading a bit to the north for a couple of friends' 80th party (i.e. together). Which should be huge fun, even if there will be a fair number of guests who seem to regard me as an object of fascination, and not just the children!

Oooh, while I think about it, should any of you know be thinking about booking into a five-star hotel in London, do try the Connaught! A friend of mine posted an Easter picture of his freebies there, and they included LEOPARDSKIN-look chocolate eggs. Which I thought were hellish cool, and in a moment of slightly-drunken obsession, I contacted their Guest Services via email to ask where I could get some... A glorious exchange of emails later, firstly the nice girl there has subscribed to my blog and wants to see me perform, and secondly a bag of said eggs is waiting patiently for my best friend, who lives in London, to waft up to the reception desk. FOR FREE!!! How lovely is that?

And also while I think about it, if anyone is planning a trip to Lisbon and wants somewhere beautiful to stay, a couple of wonderful friends of mine now have a FANTABULOUS guesthouse right in the old town - one of them is an artist, and the place is unique and absolutely beautiful; if you're ever interested, just drop me a line and I'll pass on contact details.

Tapioca time - nom nom nom!

Ooops.

Love to all.

Junoesque x
Junoesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All!

I totally second a stay in the Connaught, really nice!!!!
Enjoy your tapioca, Juno, LOL!!!

Regarding fake tan: I use one by Melvita, it's an organic brand from France and they do some lovely products. The self tan doesn't contain the DHA, so doesn't make you smell biscuity, and it gives you a gradual golden glow instead of streaky orange... I discovered it last year, and now it's the only one I use! I think it's called Prosun. I also love their dry oil with sparkles...
(I tend to use only natural/organic body/face care products and natural make up; any questions, I'm happy to help out!)

So, another day passed with me getting totally frustrated regarding one of my assistants... Why can't I just get two people who function for this position? I now have one who is fabulous, and one who is not capable of even tying her shoelaces without assistance. I give up. I'm trying to motivate her and make her more self sufficient in the job, but I seem to have picked someone who can't work without supervision. Constant supervision. We are now at a point where I have to give her daily targets because she can't decide for herself what there is to do. Seriously, this job is not rocket science. Lives do not depend on it, and I'm a pretty easy going boss.

My patience has seriously run out, and I'm doing all I can to stay professional and civil at this point. I am barely containing my rolling eyes when she comes in every five minutes with questions she should already know answers to. She's almost as bad as the first assistant I had here...

Why can't you tell before you employ people that they can retain about an ounce of information, and after that it's all gone and you have to start all over again? She was fine for the first three weeks... I had high hopes! Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to go through the whole process again at some point soon...

Food wise I have no idea today!

I'm not hungry, so I won't have breakfast. Sitting here with a cup of ginger green tea instead.
Lunch will be a salad with some sort of oily fish, maybe smoked mackerel, haven't had that in a while.
Dinner: no idea, probably leftovers!

Have a lovely day everyone!
xxx