Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How goes it for you?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Decent... scale stilll stuck just over 200 pounds which is killing me, but I've had a few weeks to get used to it now. Can't believe I let it creep that high. I was very briefly in the mid 180's before Easter, but was coasting at 195ish ever since it seemed, then a few days off and up to 205ish where I'm still teetering between it and 200. I need to be more religious with the progesterone cream. I do think it was helping. I took it with me, but only used it once while camping and have only used it a couple of times since. My routine is all screwed up, but I'll fix it. I managed to pick up a UTI while camping. I noticed the beginning symptoms as we were leaving Sunday (I need to pee again?!?) and have been chugging water and taking vitamin C in large amounts hoping my body would fight it on it's own, but I broke down and started antibiotics today. I've been super hungry the last couple of days. Not sure if my body is trying to take in extra cals to fight the bacteria or what? Who knows. I'm really tired of trying to figure out what this body is doing, but at the same time I can't stop trying to figure it out... and it really is fascinating sometimes... insanely frustrating at others. lol

How about you?

Last edited by misscobi; 07-02-2014 at 11:55 AM..
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #243

you know, my weight is right at 179 and even registered 180 once. It is what it is. Like you, back in December I was down to 168. At first it depressed me, along with some other stuff. Then I decided, it is JUST a number and I vowed years ago to NOT let that number dictate ME! I am trying to refocus. THis weekend will be a bit of a mess....my goal is to make it NOT about the food. THat's tough though, because in very many ways, it is. KWIM?

I am a constant work in progress. I prefer to be in the 160's, so I need/want to work back toward that. My dang foot isn't healing, so not walking my 5 miles a day I am certain is NOT helping!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Man, why isn't you foot healing? Doc have any ideas?

You're right. It's just a number. It's the belly that comes with the number that's bugging me and I definitely kwym about it being about the food. We've missed our usual Friday night dart tournament 2 or 3 weeks in a row now and when we got home & got cell service we had a text from the guy who runs it asking if we were alive. Ooops. So Sunday we agreed we'd be at this one, not even thinking that Friday was the actual 4th. Guess I won't have to worry too much about the usual bbq, getting along with ALL of the neighbors for the day, etc. lol I am worried about being away from the house & dogs that night, though. One of ours gets a little stressed with fireworks & I don't trust some of our neighbors to not set our house on fire with their illegal fireworks. Oh-well. Darts will be fun and I'm sure all will be fine.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Happy 4th girls!!! Hope you all have a safe and wickedly fun weekend!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #246

Happy 4th to you too (late). How did your dogs manage?? My older dog (she's 13) pooped on the floor through it. She doesn't really have control over it anymore when she is stressing, so I just cleaned it up and moved on. My younger one, she doesn't even notice the noise.

Had a great weekend but way too much food! Jumping back on with a DD today!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, poor girl! Dogs seemed to do ok. When we got home there was a puddle of drool next to the upstairs toilet (which of course I discovered by stepping in it -yuck!) which is where Charlie likes to hide when there's loud booms, so I'm sure he was a bit stressed, but was over it by the time we got home. Just as we were leaving the house a fire started maybe 3 blocks from here... it's a well protected 3 blocks and firecrews had it under control fairly quickly, but it had me worried about things to come so I asked a neighbor to let us know if we needed to head home asap. He also agreed to get dogs out if it came to that, but thankfully all was well here. 5 families lost their homes, though

My coffee experiment is officially over... no scale movement at all last week so I'm letting coffee & the sf creamer off the hook and had a large cup this morning - aaahhhh... I missed my coffee! I still need to work on moving more & tracking food, so going to concentrate on those things this week and see where we end up.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:35 AM   #248

OH that is horrible that 5 families lost their homes. Was everyone ok???

Tami, sounds like we are on the same page. I need to TRACK TRACK TRACK and move more. You asked about my foot. Have you ever had Plantar Facitius? It takes forever to HEAL! I also have a heel spur. it can be very painful. I walked 3 miles yesterday and last night I could barely walk! I let my foot rest for 5+ months and STILL not better. I wear special inserts in my shoes or my sandals that are made for this condition. Last time I had it it took almost a year to get better. I think I will see my chiropractor. Last time I had it, he popped my foot and it did help!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't had planter facitius, but have heard it does take forever to heal Sorry Hope the chiro can help again!

Amazingly, everyone was ok in the fire. We have a mobile home park behind our subdivision and someone living in one of the trailers next to an open field decided to set her own home on fire because she was late on taxes or something.... grrrrr... way to endanger everyone around you, plus dozens of emergency crew, not to mention it was right in the middle of a family holiday... sigh. 4 trailers were totally consumed and one partially, but I did hear that all 5 families were displaced

I tracked yesterday for the first time in a while and learned that carb and calorie creep have probably been an issue. Blah. Finished out the day at about 1400 calories & 28 carbs, but would have had a salad with dinner (more carbs) if I hadn't have been tracking. Let's hope this accomplishes something! lol
Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #250

Tami, sometimes tracking is necessary! DANG IT

OH that is CRAZY!--thank goodness no one was hurt
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

I know. I can't believe no one was hurt. Since it was on our way out I made hubby drive over there to see just how close it was to our house before we left. You could clearly see darker orange/red squares that were the trailers burning

Yep.. tracking tracking tracking.... it's a little too soon to see a difference, but I'm hoping that and the coffee has me back on track. I was much hungrier throughout the day without coffee. We'll see. Someone else suggested iodine deficiency - new one to me. I did some research and spinach is high in iodine. We had been doing mostly baby spinach salads, but switched to romaine a couple of months ago. Bought a tub of baby spinach today. Figured it couldn't hurt?
Old 07-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #252

Can't hurt and spinach in a salad is yummy!

It's FRIDAY-EVE girl. Plans for the weekend?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, I like baby spinach especially, so that was my thought process as well. Can't hurt! Something has the scale moving, which is AWESOME, but it's almost TOM so we'll see how the next several days go before I get too excited.

Weekend... probably dart tournament Friday night and we have a concert Saturday night. Same band we've been following, Moonshine Bandits. They're doing a charity concert for Autism Awareness. Have I mentioned that they're really good guys?

How about you? How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #254
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/233/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
Lol I'm back in induction, maybe mine will be no more strawberries cuz, well it's not ON induction lol. Ok so I'm in deeeeeep ketosis, day 9 scale is 11 lbs gone. I've been doing a shake, maybe 1 1/2 shakes the last couple days with a meal...just can't stomache food!

Today
B bpc 1 1/2 tbsp butter and same of EVOCO tsp of cream whipped
L Atkins Shake
D hamburger patty with green beans and butter fried mushrooms
S. IF I need it 1/2 Atkins Shake

The shakes help me "eat" something and gives me vitamins and protein, hoping it is enough to keep me out of starvation mode!

Challenge..huge for me..WATER! I HATE water, I love diet soda tho lol. But I'm going to try to limit my diet soda to two, and drink 48-64 oz of aqua H2O!

Dear Lord, if you cant make me skinny, please make all my friends fat. Amen.
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Nurseypoo. You're off to a great start!

to all my girls... missing Danielle & Lynne
Old 07-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #256

Hello Nuserypoo! Love your screen name.

Tonight is appointments for DS15, DD12 has a birthday party.

Tomorrow is softbal from 6:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Good thing they are early because they are calling for 98*. I won't go, I need to help DS15 pack for his trip.
AFter softball, we are doing dinner and a movie as a family. DS15 leaves 13th at 4:30 a.m. to return at 9:00 p.m. on the 20th. DD12 leaves on the 20th at 2:00 p.m. for church camp. Won't return till 07/26. Crazy schedule for us.

Sunday, DS15 drop off at 4:30 a.m. for Mystery Mission trip for youth at the church. Then to DD12's games. I will be up at 3:30 a.m. on a WEEKEND! OMG!!!!!!! LOL

Sunday evening, hoping to be in bed by 7:00, but we have friends coming in, so that may not happen!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #257

Hey Tami, you still out there???
Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, Monica. I'm still here! Had a great weekend! The charity event & concert was amazing. The energy drink company 51Fifty hosted it at their warehouse/race car garage. It was really cool and everyone was respectful of the little ones. I was one person from the security rope & that's only because I let a 14 year old boy or so up in front of me with his 7 or so year old brother. There was also a 5 or 6 year old girl next to them with her grandma & mom. Dad performed with one of the openers. We had a little wall of people ready to protect those little ones if needed, but thankfully it never was. The mom of a bunch of teen girls was the most annoying person around me... not the girls, mom. sigh. Anyway... fun fun fun! Eating needs some readjustment once again, but back to tracking, etc. tomorrow
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #259

Sounds like a fun time for all! You know, I often find PARENTS to be more annoying than any kid!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Boy, isn't that the truth! Sad, but true!

Friday eve... and almost over at that! How are you doing, Monica?
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday!

Here's a little video montage of the charity concert last weekend. There was a poker run for the bikers at noon then the gates opened at 5 for the rest of the fun & the concert. My guess is that they made a ton of money and every penny of profit goes straight to an autism charity organization It was an awesome event! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etYPcgtnMM0
Old 07-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #262

Looks like an awesome event!

How was your weekend?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, Monica.

Weekend was quiet, but good. Hubby worked all weekend, so I just laid low around the house most of the weekend. Went out to breakfast with my sister, baby, my mom & some of mom's friends yesterday morning. I like my quiet time, but I was bored stiff by yesterday afternoon. How about you?

I forgot to get on the scale this morning. Sigh. I'm starting an egg fast today. It would have been nice to have an accurate starting point, but oh-well.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:31 AM   #264

Tami, your breakfast sounds fun! Good luck with the egg fast.

We finally got rid of our company and we got DD12 off to church camp and picked up DS15 from his mission trip! I think he had a great time and seems more settled...if that makes sense. I think it was an emotional week for him. He found a new friend and he and his girlfriend broke up. I am actually relieved. I think what he needs is to branch out and meet new people! Right now, DS15 seems happier than he has been in a long time! Even gave me a huge HUG yesterday saying, I don't say it often enough, but I love you very much and I know it has been tough lately ...and I appreciate all you do! that's what we Mom's live for, right? Especially from our BOYS! My DD12, she is always willing to hug and such, the boy, not so much!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, love it!!! What a great kiddo! So glad things are looking better for him! Egg fast ended up being meat/egg... oh-well. Ended up going out to dinner to a bbq place. We were in the area and it was amazing. No biggie. We'll see how today goes. So far just coffee, so off to a decent start. lol
Old 07-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #266

Meat/egg fast isn't a bad idea either girl!

Hoping for an excellent DD today!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Friday eve Hope that DD went well!

We have a Moonshine Bandits concert tonight. Good ole redneck fun

Meet/Egg has worked out ok. Scale is down maybe a pound. I still do want to try a true egg fast, though. Maybe early next week.

I did a lot more reading on the progesterone cream and turns out the body fights it at first, actually stimulating estrogen receptors at first which can cause weight gain along with an increase in all the other estrogen dominant symptoms. Doy. Can't win. lol. Generally accepted advice was to do a nice high dose for a couple of months without a break. I was taking a break according to my cycle which is what is normally recommended and cycle was screwed up anyway, so let's see if a couple months of slightly higher dose and no breaks will get things in check.

How are you, Monica?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #268

Things are good here. Enjoying the last few weeks of summer break. 3 weeks from today and we are back in full swing with SCHOOL! I don't mention it to DS15, he hates hearing it. DD12, she jumped up and down when she saw Walmart had school supplies out. POLAR opposites is what I have!!!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good afternoon, ladies!!

First, sorry I've been MIA.

Gavin had summer camp, and that turned into a tiny fiasco which required his momma to attend with him! So...that was fun.

There's probably a story there, but I'm too tired to tell it.

This week/next week my attorney and I will be trying to slap-slap-slap a certain thieving, bullying publishing house out of their present delusional state. Wish us luck...

...and I guess this is why we have attorneys. Le sigh.

Now that camp is through (4 weeks! Ack!!), we are trying to divide our time equally between air hockey, pinball and the swimming pool every day until school starts again. Nope, no time to clean!!

That's it for now...

Tami, I love the autism charity concert!! Sweeeet!!! How's the meat/egg fast going?

Monica, I think your kids school starts up in August, right? Are they on trimesters?

Talk to you later. Danielle, been thinking about you lately. Hope all is well with you!

Happy Thursday!!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:25 AM   #270

Lynee great seeing you girl! Hopefully Gavin and you are enjoying every bit of summer! Our school starts on August 13th but we get out on May 20th. We are on a 2 semester year. Each semester has 2 quarters! We start early and are always out before Memorial day. Great seeing you girl! Good luck BEATING up that theiving Publishing company. MAKE THEM PAY GIRL! Tell us how it goes.