Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Oh, I feel DH's pain! I really do! Joked with my DH that I wanted to lose 20 pounds in 15 days. lol. He laughed. I said ok, I'd be happy with 15... yeah, that's not going to happen either, but I'd sure feel a lot better at that point!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH I would love to drop 15 as well!

DS15 leaves for debate camp on Saturday. TO be gone through July 3rd. I am very nervous. The only way I agreed to it is that it was here in our town. He is staying at the dorms at KU! THey keep them busy almost every single minute of every day!

DD12 gets back Friday night late.

SUMMER IS disappearing quickly!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Awww... not disappearing quite yet! It's not even July yet! No rushing it! lol

You'll be at goal in less than 15, which is amazing! I won't even be back to my previous low in 15. oy. lol
Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #214

OH Tami, 164 is just my initial goal! HEck, I haven't been on the scale in a few weeks, 176 might be way too KIND!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #215

Friday - EVE!!!!!!!!! HOpefully we have some friends check in!

Tami - how goes it?????
Old 06-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Going well here. Still arguing with the scale every morning. It's a stubborn old thing, but so am I. lol. Got on the exercise bike yesterday, 12 minutes in I got sharp pain in my knee... tried making it to 15, but decided to stop torturing the knee. Going to try something different today - either walk or dance, haven't decided.

Yay Friday Eve. Where is everyone? Hubs is headed up the hill to Reno for a bachelor party tomorrow night through Sunday morning. It's one of his really good friends and they're doing a blues & brews festival all day Saturday. Sounds like fun! I'm supposed to go do something with another abandoned wife friend lol, but not sure what yet. How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #217

My BABY GIRL comes home tomorrow! I miss her so much!

Saturday she and I will attend a bridal shower for my nephew (his fiance). I love HER! She is amazing from what I have seen so far. You know, I only have ONE neice and ONE Nephew and I pretty much believe no one is good enough for them.....but I think my CODY found a perfect GIRL! So happy for them! Anyway, while DD12 and I are there ( it is out of town by 1 1/2 hours) DH will take DS15 to his Debate camp at KU. DS15 will be there till July 3rd. Saturday night I have a friend coming over. She wanted to make drinks for us...and we are feeding her. I think there will be guac galore!

Sunday we will do church and such. I plan to DIVE into DS15's room and CLEAN/PURGE/Straighten it up! Sounds fun, right???

What will you and the abondoned wife do??

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #218

Good Monday Morning!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I bailed on you for the weekend, Monica! Sounds like another busy one. Did all go well with the kids getting to & from camp?

Turns out abandoned wife wasn't being abandoned until later in the evening and we ended up not doing anything. My sister & I took the baby to the fair during the day Saturday, though. That was fun! We each took a turn on the carousel with him and she took him down the giant slides. Then we went and saw the animals. He really enjoyed talking to the turkeys. lol So cute! We took a cute selfie of the three of us that I'll go jump through hoops to post here in a sec Hubs got home before noon on Sunday, so after a nap we went out and played darts for awhile then grabbed dinner. Fun weekend. Sounds like the guys way overdid it Friday night and then just kinda drug around on Saturday. haha. He did say they had fun, though. We won't talk about *****y strippers. lol. It *was* a bachelor party. lol
Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Funny that the software edited a word that rhymes with lanky up there. lol. Didn't realize it was a naughty word... but it's certainly not as naughty as the *** would make it seem

Here's the pic from the fair. Sis on the left then Kellan & I... it was hot & we were hiding from the sun in an air conditioned exhibit building at this point.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #221

OH Tami, what a good picture!!! YOU are lovely and the baby, WHERE DID THE BABY GO??? Man don't they just grow fast! HOw close in age are you and your sister???

FUnny that the guys over did it Friday night AND with strippers! Not sure how I would have felt about that!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #222

DD12 loved camp! She can't wait to go back again next summer! Saturday morning we drove 1 1/2 hours away to a bridal shower and she talked NONSTOP all the way there about all she did.

DS15 got all settle3d in to camp and he is loving it. I think College life might actually settle in well for him! TIme till tell!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Oh that's awesome that DD12 had so much fun at camp and that DS is all settled in. I really hope this is a great experience for him! How cool!

haha about the strippers... hubs said they walked to a club after midnight Friday night... all were already quite inebriated. They bought a lap dance for the groom - oye... but other than that hubs said he didn't really participate. I even asked if the girls hounded him and he said no, they really didn't. Hmmm. lol. Of all possible things that could happen at a weekend long bachelor party it seemed pretty tame, thankfully! I pretty much expected strippers and hoped for nothing worse! Brothels are legal in Nevada!!! Not that hubby would partake, but still! It could have been worse I think. lol

I sure wish I knew where the time goes, Monica. Wow. Just flies by! I'm 2 and a half years older than my sister. She just turned 41 and I'll be 44 in September. Blah. OH, it was soooo funny. Someone doing those child identification cards asked if one of us was Kellan's grandma. LOL. I was like, 'Nope. It's hers!' LOL My sister was actually a bit bothered by it. I told her she had better get used to that. It's not like any of our older 4 kids couldn't have a baby that age by now! Totally in the realm of possibilities. lol
Old 06-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
YOU are lovely
Thank you btw
Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 AM   #225

Tami, I turn 44 in September too!

Well, as for the Grandma comment, you are right. We are at the age where it could happen. My son is 15, he could get someone pregnant. I pray that doesn't happen for a long long time. As for the strippers, you are right, sounds pretty tame! Glad they all were safe and had fun!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #226

It's Tuesday. I have tried texting DS15 at his camp, NO response. Hopefully he is just sleeping in. He said yesterday that his roommates didn't get up till right before they needed to be at the lecture! typically my son wants to NOT miss breakfast. When we dropped off stuff to their room, we saw the stash of food they all have. He probably decided, I will just grab something in my room!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

No wonder we get along so well I just jumped on that mommy bandwagon a little quicker. lol. My boys are 20 & 22 and I had my first at 21 so yeah... glad I'm not a grandma yet, but can certainly understand someone thinking that Kellan could be our grand baby. I still think it's funny that my sister was bothered by it <gg>

I remember those food stashes from camps & trips away for my boys. I am quite certain DS is not starving! LOL I really hope he's having a great time!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #228

I hope he is too Tami. I think he is getting out more than normal, but I think he spends his free time in his dorm room on the computer. I guess it is better than last week at home. He isn't starving, you are correct with that....that's one thing I am certain of.

I had my first child at 28 and I felt too young!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 AM   #229

It's HUMP Day! In some ways this week is dragging, in others, it seems to be flying. Does that make any sense??
Old 06-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

It does make sense.... flying by here, though.

As for motherhood - I never thought I was too young. Perhaps I was too stupid to know better? lol Honestly, I was so ready. It was a little weird being younger than most of the moms at school, but I always got along better with the older moms anyway. I was a mature 20 something, I think. Now I want to go backwards
Old 06-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #231

Tami that makes sense and now here you are and the kids are gone! You still have a lot of living you can do. Heck, by the time DD12 leaves, I will be 50! OMG!!!!! Of coarse, I have to survive till then!

Good day yesterday. The kids loved the snack at VBS. It was popcorn and fruit snacks. We had clear gloves and in the finger tips was the fruit snack and then we filled the rest with popcorn! I wasn't sure what they would think, but they all LOVED IT! TOnights snack won't be so popular. It is buttered bread with a cinnamon/sugar cross on it. I am guessing they will turn their noses up at buttered bread! Time will tell. Thankfully I have enough fruit snacks that each will get a bag of those too!

DD12 is cleaning the house today! YEAH! It costs me $40, she does most everything except the bathrooms! It's nice to go to work and come home to clean floors and everything dusted! LOVE THAT!

DS15 is doing really well at debate camp. He is making friends and working really hard on the research and such. I think he is working with a lot of other people, which is just what we were hoping for! He seems to be doing well. Not sure he is sleeping much at all....but that's his deal!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #232

It's FRIDAY and an UP DAY! 2 things I truly love!

Have a great day
Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #233

OH and I was wrong, the kids LOVED the buttered bread with cinnamon/sugar! Several asked for seconds!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the snacks went over well. I was thinking, 'I bet they will like the buttered bread', but then I thought well I LOVE buttered bread w/ cinnamon sugar, but um I'm here for a reason. lol

Also so happy to hear DS is doing well at camp! He'll sleep when he gets home

What a deal for a nice clean house! Go DD12!

I'm a wee bit jealous of the cleaning. We're leaving to go camping today and I'm looking around at everything half packed and thinking I really should get the house spic and span so we come home to a nice clean house... I doubt that will happen. DH has a doctor's appointment at 9, so unless that takes forever I doubt I'll have time to finish packing before he gets home let alone sweep & mop. We'll see DS20 will be hanging with the dogs all weekend, so I'm sure it would be a mess by the time I got back anyway. Only one of our 3 dogs, Charlie one of the bassets, does well in the jeep and the great dane is incredibly bonded to Charlie. I can't take myself and Charlie both away from him(OMG, the world would END!) for the weekend so they'll all stay. When hubs goes without me I send Charlie with him, though

Have a great weekend Monica! You too Danielle & Lynne, wherever you are... miss you!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #235

Tami you enjoy yhour camping this weekend!!!!!!!!!! I am using DD12 while I can. Right now she is desparate for money....so I easily convince her to do the cleaning for $40. Plus all the other stuff she does now that it is summer.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:31 AM   #236

Tami I hope you enjoyed your CAMPING weekend!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 AM   #237

WE had a good weekend. Lots of softball. Got to spend some time with DS15! That was really nice. We were in the heat a lot.....spent a lot of the time trying to keep hydrated!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

How is DS15? I hear you on the heat & staying hydrated. It's supposed to be 108 here today. I got all of my outdoor stuff done earlier, though and am hibernating inside for the rest of the day. Camping was great! Pretty relaxing and a wee bit boring. I don't think I've ever been without kids or at least a dog to chase around and care for. lol. But we were on the far backside of a reservoir up in the Sierras and we've had a couple of very dry winters. The water level was so low that it was just a river back there and really trickled to not much of a stream at some points. We had fun exploring back where we normally can't get to because it's normally under water. We found a really cool water fall dropping into what looked like a great swimming hole, but a couple of hikers beat us there and were fly fishing so we didn't bother them. It was a really great weekend, but it feels good to be home. Most of the 'stuff' is put away. I just some laundry to put away and I think that's it.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #239

OH Tami, that sounds awesome. I would love hiking like that IF and only IF we had a cabin or hotel we were sleeping at that night. This city girl doesn't "rough it" well at all! LOL

DS15 is doing really great. He is LOVING debate camp. I think that is a place where most are more like him than anywhere else. He is super excited about all the research he has done and is doing and the prep he is getting completed for the FALL debate season. They are also focusing on speed reading (out loud) so they can better utilize the time they have to debate their side of things! He now talks fast on the phone to me, so much so that I have to say...HEY slow down! I will take it. He never calls on the phone says talking on the phone is awkward. He has just been so excited that he actually wanted to speak to me about it! I am beyond thrilled for him.

DD12 had softball and they took 3rd in their tournament. THat meant yesterday she played in 4 games. We were at the fields from 11:00 a.m. till 8:15 p.m.! LONG HOT DAY! DD12 was playing really well so it made it fun...I was thankful they finally lost! SHHHHH if they had kept winning, there were 2 more games they could have had to play.....too late and too hot for this OLD GIRL!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

YAY for DS!!! So happy for him! Love that he wanted to call & talk to you about it, even if it was too fast! LOL Love Love Love it!

WooHoo for DD12, too! I've been in that lose or go home or win and stay position quite a few times. I'm stubborn & way too competitive, so always want them to win, but it sure does damper the disappointment when you get to leave earlier, especially after it's already been a long, hot day! Totally get it!