Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Wow, you checked in from Jamaica, Monica! I can't wait to hear the full report! Pictures!!

I've thought about it, but have not stayed in a resort before; I've mostly been the vacation rental, cook-your-own-food type. It sounds like it might be worth a try.

Been very busy with a sick kid lately, sorry to be MIA.

Speaking of the kid...sounds like it's time for me to go back to work!

(Sorry, tmi again ) -
Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Lynne I hope Gavin feels better!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Lynne, sorry to hear about Gavin! Hope he's back to his rascally self by now How are you doing?

Monica, hope you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Danielle, wheeeeere aaaaare yooooou? Miss you hun!

I've basically taken another week off and put on a bunch more weight. Going to try going back to IF combined with low carb. I really need to be serious for awhile. Started out today with iced tea instead of coffee. I can do tea unsweetened, but coffee I have to have the artificial SF crud. I've reserved the right to have some iced coffee with artificial crud later, but so far the iced tea is actually working out ok.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #184

OH girl! How was yesterday for you???

It's HUMP DAY, is vacation coming again soon??? Too bad MONEY always gets in the way of not having fun! LOL I am so ready to go back!

Check out my journal for pictures! WE had a blast!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Love the pics! Awwwww at mom & dad renewing vows <3 How sweet! Looks like everyone had a blast! No wonder you miss it already! How fun!

First two days back went well. I was a little munchy yesterday so didn't make the IF window I wanted. Second day back always seems the hardest to me. So far today I'm too busy to even think of eating. haha. So far so good! lol
Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

I love the pictures, Monica! Everyone looks so happy and relaxed, like they're really having fun!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #187

Way to jump back on Tami! Thanks girl.

Lynne - I suggest Beaches resort to EVERYONE with kids. Truly something for all!

It's FRIDAY-EVE girls! I weighed this morning 177.6. I gained 3 pounds while gone. Now to get back in the 160's! We can do this!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Not bad at all, Monica! Those 3 pounds will be gone soon!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:14 AM   #189

Hope so!

How is your DH doing with LC?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

DH did well for a few weeks... I was really thrilled... the last couple however have not been so great. He's eating better than he was, but not really low carb right now. Hopefully I can get him back to it soon.

Oh, and thanks to my little tea instead of coffee experiment I learned a trigger for my rosacea. Apparently tea causes flare ups. I knew caffeine is a problem for a lot of people, but had not had issues with coffee. Had major flare ups Tue & Wed, switched back to coffee in the morning yesterday and no flare up. Sipping on my first cup of chemically laden, artificially sweetened, coffee now. Oh-well.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #191

OH Tami, how bizarre! So glad you caught the connection quickly!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #192

Monday missing all my pals!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday, Monica! How's the vacation recovery going? I was willingly without internet service most of yesterday - we headed to the hills Saw a bald eagle which is always awesome! That's the first time I've ever seen one in California, though I know they're making a nice comeback. So amazing! We got home late last night to no internet at home either...sigh... they finally got us up & running a few minutes ago. Just in time for me to read a bit while I have brunch. On diet related stuff I feel really good, the scale has moved a little, but it's slower than molasses. I started using some progesterone cream hoping it will solve a bunch of issues with my main concern being this weight that just doesn't want to budge anymore. We'll see.

Hope you're all doing well & having an awesome Monday.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and yes, Monica the tea thing is weird. I've still had a glass here and there this past week, but no more flare ups since Mon/Tue... weird indeed!
Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #195

How amazing you saw an eagle! I am sure you had a great time.

I haven't asked lately, how's you Doggie doing???

It's Tuesday here been raining since yesterday afternoon. We have 3 inches thus far!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm alive!

Sorry to be gone so long.. lots going on over here...

Coming up for air finally.

BAck to cycling starting today. I am ready.... I think.

DD17 graduated a couple weeks ago. DS decided to take a year off of school. And DD19 moved in with her boyfriend.. Yeah....like I said, LOTS going on over here

I am working at trying to push everything else over and allow myself to be my focal point. As much as I try to say I put myself first, it rarely ever happens that way, especially emotionally. Working on the entire package right now and it feels pretty good.

Sadly, right now, I gotta go. I have tons of errands to run with DH this morning before the day heats up---108'ish.. so we're trying to scoot before then so we can come home and enjoy the afternoon in the ac

BBL!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

School is almost out - this is the last week! (Not sure if this is good or bad.) Gavin will be 10 next week. Where did the time go?

Tami, your DH will figure out the LC thing. Men seem to love LC foods. - and yeah, I'm wondering too: how's doggie?

I think it's very cool that you saw an eagle. There are lots of them up here. I think they're making a comeback! Here, you always see them with a "harassment committee" of crows and seagulls trying to drive them away. It's the one thing crows and seagulls can agree on, I guess.

Monica, we will have to try a Beaches resort at least once. Where do you recommend? When I went to the Beaches website, I saw an ad for the Turks and Caicos resort. It sounded pretty exotic and good!

I just read an article, sorry I can't cite it, but it was about looking forward to a vacation being a very important feature of the joy of it. In fact, I think the article said the anticipation was even better psychologically than the actual event, and it relieves present stress to think about it....as opposed to the other common practice for relieving stress, which is "numbing" - i.e. drinking, drugs, whatever a person uses to escape from their present circumstances for a moment. I think there's a hopefulness about the future that comes with planning a trip.

Me... I have settled into a comfortable rhythm of fasting most of the day for DD and then having a light dinner. I'm targeting the bad habits of oversnacking (see above, "numbing" ) and monotonous (and carb-heavy, and overportioned) food choices. For me, it works. See, I need a plan I can do in my sleep.

Also: I was walking in the neighborhood the other day (prong 2 of the health and wellness habit plan) and came across a serious fight between a pair of crows and a pair of blue jays. It turned out they were fighting over a blue jay fledgling that had gone astray and hurt her leg somehow (amateur landing efforts), and the crows were methodically picking out her tail feathers in preparation for dinner. There was something so touching about the dogged way the blue jays continued fighting for her. So...of course, I took her home, three blocks away. (I know, I know.)

It took her folks less than 24 hours to find her. They've been peering in the windows and eating three square meals a day at my suet feeder. Lil Blue is almost fully recovered, which is amazing considering the shape she was in three days ago, and she actually had a face-to-face conversation with her family this morning. Once her swiss-cheese wings get their feathers back, I know she'll be going back to her home tree. She is the sweetest little thing. I love how her parents didn't give up on her, they came and visited every day.

I went to the vet down the street and asked about getting her checked out, but they said they couldn't give her back to me if I brought her in, it's illegal. Migratory bird treaty act or something like that. They'd treat her and ship her to a licensed wildlife rehabilitator in Astoria (100 miles away). I couldn't do that to her family, could I?? So...I'm bending the law just a *little* by providing "enhanced birdfeeding services".

That's pretty much all caught up for me, I guess. Sorry to write a novel here, I should get back to my *actual* novel!!

Wait, one more thing: The Muffin was in the local paper the other day. News Times Forming bonds and building confidence: Taft Elementary students go horseback riding That's him in the picture.

Happy Wednesday!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #198

Lynne WOW is all I can say! Blue Jay's are the DIVE BOMB birds of the world. They get down right nasty. I am glad they didn't DIVE BOMB you for taking the little one. SO glad to hear it is healing nicely.

I agree on the anticipation of the trip being a stress reliever on its own. I can totally see that. Beaches was amazing. We loved it. We tend to be people that go to a place once, then try others. WE are having a hard time imagining going to another Beaches location. The PEOPLE at the Ocho Rios one, were simply amazing!!! But Turks is the one that catches our eye for next time....although the plane ride might make it too expensive for us. Not sure. Trying to stay away from looking into it...I tend to BOOK when I do!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 06-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #199

Lynne Gavin looks too cute on the HORSE!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #200

Dani - OMG you DO have a lot going on! HOLY CRAP! How do you feel about DS taking a year off college? Is it for his band??? How about DD19 moving in with boyfriend. I can't even imagine! Hope you are coping well! Try to remember time for YOU, no matter what else is going on , it is still important!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! So nice to 'see' everyone!!!

Dani, lots going on indeed! Just remember those kids will be fine... my niece had her truck repo'd today... taking everything I've got not to bail her out, but she will be fine. She mailed a late payment on Friday and my sister says if only niece would have called and told them that it would have been fine, but since they hadn't heard from her the truck was gone when she got up this morning. Whew. Tough lessons for a teen! But she will be fine... they will all be fine... lol My mantra for the day! Big kudos to you for jumping back on the wagon & again it's sooo good to see you here! We were 108 Sunday, 107 yesterday... supposed to cool down to low 90's and even some upper 80's by week's end. Yes please!

Aw, Lynne... how sweet of you to care for that little fledgling. I love Jays! Their close relatives MagPies are my favorite bird. I love their intelligence and tenacity! We have a great rehab place nearby & I've taken them a few baby mourning doves from our yard. They actually told me that doves are pretty darned dumb and build flimsy flat little nests that their babies fall out of quite often. Sadly we've found a few who didn't survive the fall or who died in the heat before we found them, too What a great pic of Gavin! He's so cute & you can tell the instructor has his full attention. Cute Cute Cute!

Thanks for asking about the doggy! He's good. I worry about him and the heat, but he sleeps under an a/c vent pretty much all day anyway. lol. I'm feeling just a bit anxious about going a full year without a check on his heart, but :shrug: he seems fine.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #202

Tami - WOW that was a tough lesson indeed. I don't think they typically repo over 1 late payment. My guess is it is consistent and no communication. Good for you to not jump in and save her! Nice update on the doggie!

Yesterday was a failed DD. I just didn't have it in me. Moving forward with planned up day today! Bad attitude right now......life sometimes is just too much!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, it's definitely been a consistent issue, Monica. I know mom has paid it a couple of times for her and that the loan company has worked with my niece on payments previously. Sigh... tough watching the kids falter as they grow up, but I guess we all have to struggle a bit sometimes

Sorry about failed DD and really sorry about the bad attitude What's going on?

I did something brainless & stupid yesterday. I had done the grocery shopping on Monday & yesterday I made my coffee with the creamer I had bought... that I thought was sugar free. Today hubby was making my coffee while I was feeding dogs and he grabs the old sf vanilla standby. I ask him for the other one and he says you're using regular creamer???? UGH... I answered, 'Well, I guess I did yesterday... guess that explains why the scale was up a bit this morning.' Sigh. Shouldn't have done too much damage, but still. I bought it, I poured it.. no one to blame. I thought I had grabbed the sf version at the store.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #204

OH Tami, it is TOUGH watching it. I am learning that by dealing with my DS15.

Stuff is just going on. Work is a bit off....boss is on a rampage. DS15 is doing better, but he still has his moments. Not sure why I am so off on it all. Yesterday afternoon was a good day though for me and DS15. He had 2 appointments one for a dermatologist and one his therapist. He and I got to talk and joke around. That was nice. Therapist feels DS15 is doing so well that she won't see him till he gets back from Debate camp....so not till July 9th. Naturally, with no school, his stress issues with all the other KIDS that seriously make him crazy aren't around in the summer. I guess life is just better right now. She said to me, It was really nice seeing him SMILE! He didn't do that much in previous appointments!

I think I am in a rut and need to pull myself out of it.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #205

Sorry about the creamer! SOme days we just don't pay attention. It couldn't have done major damage girl!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #206

Monday, anyone around??
Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Monica!

Glad to hear DS is doing so well! Smiling is good!!! How's your funk? Did the weekend wash it away? Sure hope so!

Turns out creamer was the least of my worries... sigh... starting over again... another Monday another jump back on the bandwagon. Not giving up, though.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #208

My funk is doing a little better. DD12 left for camp yesterday. I found myself waking up numerous times overnight wondering how she's doing! FREAK is what I am!

STart over girl! We can do this.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Nah a good mommy is what you are! I'm sure she's fine, though

Yep, started over & all is fine. Today is the second day back and I'm feeling munchy... totally normal... just need to quit having so many stops & restarts and these 'normal' munchy feeling days would subside! lol
Old 06-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #210

WOuldn't that be nice if they would???

DH is hitting it hard again...that will help me. He jumped on the scale and was shocked. I think he is 20 pounds over his OK feeling which is 30 from his lowest point! It doesn't just happen to us GIRLS!