Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - that is great news about your divorce. Hope your little Gavin heals nicely! You can easily stash away in my luggage! Come on, it will be a blast. Gavin can come too!

It's Wednesday, Up day for me! YEAH! I did really well yesterday, and STILL NO CHANGE IN THE SCALE! Such is. Saw the DR, had Xrays and confirmed, I have a nice size heel spur and she thinks a raging case of Plantar Facitis! I have steroids to take for 4 days, she is hoping to jump start the inflamation! Hopefully she is right! Thankfully, no surgery. I was very happy to hear that part!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 05:46 AM   #152

Hope everyone is doing well! Miss chatting with you all. Check in!!!!

All good here. On my 2nd day of steroids for my foot. Thankfully I had no issues sleeping last night. YEAH! It's a DD today. have to eat at intervals through the day to take them, so Probably a higher DD. THinking 800c
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry girls... finally grabbing a second to check in. I did give in to Tuesday's bday celebration, but am back to it and doing ok. I honestly think I've just been at this too long. For what it's worth, Lynne, I was told a cheat meal (not a day - just a meal) once a month would be a good thing. Somehow I get in the mindset that if I'm screwing up ketosis I may as well really screw it up. Sigh. Yeah. I either need to buckle down with low carb, which seems to get me nowhere lately, or figure out another plan of attack. More than anything I'm just sick of it all, but I'm also sick of being fat. Hmph.

Monica, glad you got your foot looked at. Hope the steroids do the trick without surgery! Good luck on today's DD

Lynne, lots of good news in your update! Hope Gavin continues to heal well. Yay for the divorce being final! Whew! I probably had heat exhuastion, but not positive. The first time it happened we were at a fourth of July drag race type thing called Festival of Fire - yeah, that should have given me a clue! lol I just kept feeling worse and worse, started getting really nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. My legs were trembling and wobbly. It was scary. So we go to the first aid station at the event and there is no one there! omg. I'm thinking great. I'm going to die here. It was truly scary, but the nurses station was air conditioned and there was a water cooler so I laid on a gurney and just cooled off for a bit and then sipped some water. Within probably half an hour or so I felt good enough to sit up and start moving around a bit and maybe half an hour after that we walked to the car and went home. I hate feeling feeble (absolutely HATE asking for help, etc.) so really just let it go on way too long. I know better now. I got almost to that point a few years ago after one of my son's swim meets. It was section champs and it was scorching out. We had sheltered in the shade most of the day, but he was in the final event so I ventured into the sun to watch that and then had to pack us up and get my mom & all of our stuff out to the car. I only made it about 20 feet before I had to sit down & cool off, feeling faint again, after sitting a bit and getting attention from a lifeguard (sigh - did I mention I hate needing help? ) I made it another 100 feet or so under a shade tree and then after resting there on to the car. I really hate feeling like that and am such a 'Get it done!' person normally, but there was just no way. I now am much better about recognizing the early signs of nausea and feeling clammy and do whatever it takes to cool off. Sucks, but both of those times were really scary and I do not want a repeat. Ever.

Danielle & Stephie - hope all is well!

Last edited by misscobi; 05-08-2014 at 11:46 AM..
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #154

OH Tami, you need to be careful. That is nothing to mess with. I think I read somewhere that once you have had it, you are more susceptible to reoccurance. Is that true????
Old 05-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #155

It's FRIDAY! Bring on the weekend!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #156

176.0 today. I believe my steroids are working against me!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH Tami, you need to be careful. That is nothing to mess with. I think I read somewhere that once you have had it, you are more susceptible to reoccurance. Is that true????
I've heard that as well and it does seem to be true. I never used to have any issues whatsoever with heat, but now it hits me hard pretty quickly. Annoying since I live in a pretty toasty area.

I'm sure you're steroids are working against you, but wasn't your last weigh in 177? 176 sounds pretty darned good to me!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #158

Hope everyone had a GREAT Mother's day!

Now it's MONDAY! We will be in Jamaica in TWO WEEKS! YEAH !!!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Monica & all! Happy Belated Mother's Day & Happy Monday! Two weeks 'til Jamaica... time is flying! Did you do anything special yesterday? DH & kids spoil you rotten? DH & I went for a drive with my mom, sis, bil & baby to a historic mining town a couple of hours away. We took the long way in on a winding gravel road along a river only to find my sister was getting carsick She had given up her front seat for my mom and she wouldn't take my spot in the jeep, so eventually she drove her car, BIL got in the jeep with my DH and I sat in the backseat of sis's car next to the baby. I love riding in the jeep, but playing with the baby works too We had a nice picnic lunch, let the baby run around -yes, he runs now! - and checked out the museum and historic buildings before making the drive home where my boys had dinner made for all of us. Pretty close to a perfect day! OH and check this out! I actually stayed ON PLAN on a holiday! Amazing. lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #160

OH Tami, that sounds like a perfect day indeed and you stayed on plan...BONUS!

We did church/SS. I did a SS craft with the kids so they could give it to their Mom. I teach 6th grade through 12th. We attend a small church. You never know how the craft will go.....but it went great. We had 5 kids there and they loved it. After church we drove to KC and met my Mom/Dad/Sister/BIL at the mall. My Mom's thing on Mother's day is she likes to go to the mall, do the food court then walk/shop and such. There is never a crowd and in the food court, everyone can pick whatever they want to eat. She loves Chinese food and my Dad won't touch it. So that is what she gets! There is a Froyo place in the mall, so we always have that for dessert! After the mall, Mom/Dad and us drove to another area for more shopping, my sister/bil headed on home! It was great. Laid back and fun.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #161

It's Tuesday and an UP DAY for me! I didn't have the best dd yesterday, closer to 1000c. Moving on!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:22 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

How fun that your mom likes to go to the mall & the food court! That totally works and sounds like a nice day! My parents were the same way with Chinese food & my mom grabbed it every chance she got. lol.

Moving on indeed! I'm still way up. Going to stick with it for awhile and see how it goes. We have an event over Memorial day weekend, but they're having BBQ catered in so I'm sure I'll be able to find something, plus I'll bring a salad or some other low carb side & extra munchies just in case. Other than the bbq it's pretty much BYO-Everything so should be fine.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #163

HUMP DAAAAY!!!

ENjoy the day ladies!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump day, Monica! Sure is quiet in here! We're supposed to reach 100 degrees today or tomorrow, so I've been busy getting everything done this morning so I don't have to be out in the heat later. Lawn mowed, some weeds pulled, watering almost done, plus all the morning normal household stuff done. Whew. Drinking more water than coffee this morning, though
Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #165

Hopefully it didn't get that hot for you TAMI! THat is HOT especially for MAY. Here we are barely in the 60's. Definitely a cool snap for us.

Friday Eve ladies! Hope all is well with you all.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, hot hot hot but cooling down starting tomorrow... 100 today, 93 tomorrow, 88 Sat, 81 Sun, 71 Monday... then it starts slowly climbing again. I'm hoping Memorial Day isn't too bad. We'll see...

Yay Friday Eve! Where are y'all?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning, ladies!!

It was ridiculously hot here too, yesterday. Like 75 or something. 500% humidity (it felt like ) I got a little tiny bit sunburned.

The JUDDD crockpot is going better now that I've put a strict limit on junk (!) and am actually *fasting* again on down days. That's a YMMV thing, but it does me good, body and soul.

I finally broke down and got a new pair of birkenstocks yesterday. It's been five years, it was time. I thought I'd try one of the fancy new styles, but in the end I wound up with the old skool birkies, the kind hippies wear with wool socks around here. I them!!

Here' a weirdness: the size that fit was "narrow". I've lost weight since last time I bought a pair, and my feet are narrower than they used to be.

Mother's Day was amazing! My beautiful son took me to the Connie Hansen garden to look at all the beautiful flowers in bloom, then he took me out to lunch at our "special occasion" restaurant. Now that he can communicate with his iPad, I'm learning that there are all sorts of things going on in that little brain that I would not have been able to predict.

Then we came home and gave the neighborhood children (and moms) rides on the electric vespa until the battery ran down.

The copyright infringement lawsuit is starting to bubble along. My attorney is a marvel.

Looks like this post is all about me this time, how facebook of me. I'll do better next time!

Happy Friday-eve!! you guys!!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #168

GREAT seeing you girl! Glad you enjoyed Mother's day. When the lawsuit pays, we expect you to take us all out for a celebration dinner!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

So happy to hear from you, Lynne! Sounds like you have some really positive stuff going on, too! Love love love that Gavin is communicating more & it sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love it! And Yay for skinny feet! lol Glad you treated yourself to a new pair of hippie shoes <gg>. You know I grew up in and around Santa Cruz and have seen my fair share of birkenstocks
Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Friday Friday Friday! Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? None here. lol. Really, we do have DS(soon to be 22!)'s birthday tomorrow and are hoping he'll let us take him out to dinner when he gets off work. Other than that just errands & other boring stuff.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #171

We are hosting a birthday party tonight. We have cleaned and cooked all day. I'm thinking I earned an early glass of wine!!!!

Oh had a surprise on the scale today 174.6. It's a start!!

Enjoy the weekend
Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 AM   #172

Monday ! BLAH! At least one week from right now, I will be on a plane enroute to JAMAICA! YEAH!

Had a bad DD yesterday, it was a ROUGH DS15 day. Tears were shed by all! OH well, that's what having a teen is about, right????
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 AM   #173

quiet in here!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, Monica.... very quiet indeed... can't believe you'll be off to Jamaica in just a few days!

We did end up taking DS22 (how did I get so old???) out to dinner with the whole fam & his girlfriend Saturday. Took it easy Sunday & just cruised through Mon/Tu. I was really starting to get worried about unwarranted weight gain for awhile there, but TOM arrived about a week early Monday and I've gotten a little scale drop thanks to it. So I'm back to 'We'll see how it goes' mode. It was a bit scary there for a bit, though. I was thinking things like pregnancy (nooooo!) or other reproductive issues. Hopefully just a glitch cause I'm really not comfortable at this weight, right at 200 pounds... ugh... 10-15 pounds would make a huge difference!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #175

OH girl, I completely understand.

Happy birthday to DS22. Where did you go???
Old 05-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

He chose Red Robin (Yummm!) - well, his first choice would have been sushi, but 4 of the 7 of us are eating low carb so he went with his old fave It was really good. They're great about custom making just about anything, leaving the bun off, etc and they now offer sides of broccoli instead of fries. Yummmm is right
Old 05-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #177

OH Red Robin is the BEST! LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY-Eve. That doesn't really count for me as I have to work Saturday to help prep for us being gone. DD12 has games all day Saturday and some on Sunday. Not sure when we will get the packing done. Maybe Friday night, since we don't have games????
Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck getting everything done this weekend, Monica! So excited for you about your trip! Can't wait to see pics!

Sure hope everyone else is doing ok! My scale crept back up for no good reason. I thinkI need to look at the marinade on our favorite tri-tip again - maybe something changed there? Other than that I had salad, ranch, and 5 asparagus stems. No reason for a gain. Blah blah blah. My body is not liking me at the moment!
Old 05-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Cruise tomorrow, right? Have a blast!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #180

Hello all from Jamaica. Hope all is good with you all. This resort is truly paradise!!! We leave to head home on Monday.