Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Yep... would be amazing...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
On that note...it's REWARD DAY!

Dinner and a movie...I'm so ready for some down time..

Back on the workout train in the morning.. Jillian is calling my name! I've missed the lil tyrant...who knew!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
I am from KCMO and then moved to Wellsville ks when i was 5. went to school there.

Right now I live in Folsom, ca..Ya know where Folsom Prison is.

I wish i were more type A right now. I can be at times..IE Bopolar but I am in a low energy state and have been for a while. Tried a new Med and it jacked me all up I was depressed all thru the Holidays and then just wanted to sleep a lot after that. I now struggle with wanting to go back to sleep after I take my son to school at 8. Today my husband made me stay up so I could get out of the habit. ugh I kinda napped on the couch a little.
I know it is because I have no passions anymore. I am inbetween passions right now. not too much to get going for what to clean house???

It is raining today. such a nice day to stay in my jammies all day. at least I dont have to cook our church is holding a teacher appreciation dinner for the families tonight. Hope there is something I can eat.

My DH is the type A in our house. He is amazing and does sooo much. I have my areas I am in charge of like shopping, cleaning, cooking, finances, errands, but he is so hands on with the boys and their music and school. They are involved in the Jazz Program at our HS. It is award winning nationally. My oldest DS17 plays the Bass and is super talented and wants to major in music.
He won a scholarship to Boston school of music Berkley. but we will still have to dish out a bit. It is for the 5 week summer program. we r excited. Its like 8 grand all together. He struggles with his grades. He is smart but scattered a bit and misses instructions and homework. but the work he turns in and tests he does well.

My other DS15 plays the Trombone and wants to go into Bio Engeneering. Hes my easy guy. He throws in track.

Im all confused now what to eat. Do I try to follow my trainers diet or do LC. I will look at it again and maybe I can pick out the LC in the suggestions.

talk later.
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Oh I wanted to add that my DH just lost 34 lbs with exercise and eating less. He did it the right way. I cant seem to do it that way. Well hes not a food addict and he stays very busy.

I am down 4.5 lbs this time. still down 16 from last summer. I focus too much on the up 8 lbs and not on the victory. I have beat myself up for months now about that silly 8 lbs. at least I didnt gain all 24 back like some did. and i can still wear all my clothes I bought and my 2 piece. I gave away a ton of clothes and am still buying a new wardrobe. It is fun. I got down to a 10 in Old Navy. the shorts are a little tight so I am still working on it. It will feel so good to get back down to 24 lost and then I an erase this last year from my memory and keep the good memories of course. Just pretend it didnt happen. Ya know what I mean. Im so tired of losing and gaining the same weight. that is why I have to eat this way for life..
Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie51 View Post
I am from KCMO and then moved to Wellsville ks when i was 5. went to school there.
Wellsville KS, now that is my area. Not far at all from Lawrence. Heck, my DD12 plays in volleyball tournaments there once a season! Don't blink, you will certainly miss that town! When did you move away from Wellsville to CA?
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #126

Stephie - sounds like you have a talented family there. I was in chior in high school, but that is as "talented" as I get! finding an eating plan is tough. We have all been up and down, heck, right now I am on the up side. It happens. Best thing to do is forgive and move on!!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #127

Dani - what movie did you see? We took the kids to see God's not Dead yesterday. DD12's softball games were cancelled due to heavy storms.

Tami - how goes it girl?

Lynne - are you out there??
Old 04-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Stephie. We are really really close... like within 45 minutes close. I'm on the Antelope/Roseville border. Our dentist is in Folsom I loved those teen years with my boys. Enjoy. It all goes so fast! Love that your boys are so gifted in music and that there's exciting things on the horizon for them! I threw in track in high school, too Fun stuff! I went through the depressed, just want to lay around bit a few years ago... that wasn't so fun. Meds did help me quite a bit, but by the time I made myself go to the doctor I was ready for a change, too, so I think it was a combination of the meds & me just finally being sick of laying around missing out on life. Weather should be great this week. Getting out in the sun for a bit always seems to help my mood. Hope you figure out the diet issue. I struggle on anything but low carb because of the cravings 'just a little bit' of sugar or carbs causes. I saw an article this week that talked about sugar addiction (simple carbs convert to sugar) being equal to cocaine addiction. We'd never tell a cocaine addict, 'here, just have a little bit every day', would we? But I still throw myself into that crazy cycle way too often - hence the lack of weight loss since... oh, I don't know forever. Just a little weekend off here and a little vacation here and... you get the idea. I need to start making some progress. Oh, and don't stress over your husband losing more than you. Those guys have it WAY too easy with higher metabolisms, lack of hormonal obstacles, etc. They always lose more & lose faster than us girls. It just is what it is. Hang in there. I love that you're in a size 10. At my smallest I was wearing a 10 and was really really comfortable at that size. It's my goal to get back there... soon would be good haha but I'm hanging out in 16's and even some 18's... sigh.. someday.

Good morning, Monica! Weekend went well here. Hubs has been teetering on the edge of throwing in the towel, but so far he's sticking with it as well. He just needs so many more meals & snacks than I do. It's a bit hard to plan for, but of course he works a lot harder than I do, is bigger, etc. I get it, but it still catches me off guard sometimes. How were those storms? The area affected looked HUGE. We sent my niece back to Texas in the middle of them and the storm area was all the way through Texas up through the midwest. Crazy.

Hey Danielle. How was the movie & the rest of your weekend. Hope amazing

Hi Lynne! Give that cutie of yours a snuggle for me when he'll let you. lol
Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, I'm so glad to hear all is well over there for you! I'd heard God's Not Dead was pretty good...I could never get DH to go see that so that may be one I see on my own. We saw The Other Woman. Very cute. I don't normally care for Cameron Diaz but she was cute in this... and Leslie Mann..love her.

Stephie, sounds like you've got two great talents on your hands. That's awesome stuff going on in your house! My two oldest kids are musically inclined..DS is in a band and a total natural.. DD19 picked up the flute easily and probably had a real future in doing the symphony had she decided to stick with it, but art captured her heart and she never looked back.

Tami, men suck don't they? There is no way to compete with that metabolism whatsoever.. I'm glad your hubb's is sticking it out!

Lynne, how ya doing, lady???

Kinda going through a weird phase right now.. questioning my idea of "dieting" and what I want to do with it.. I've been doing some reading on intuitive eating and it is really ringing some bells for me. There is a certain peace that comes from not having to follow any rules but your own. I've been really questioning lately my ability to stick to carb cycling and where I want to go from here... the biggest question with all that leads to being able to stay in the program I committed to if I don't decide to cycle DH was teasing me and said they were gonna give me the boot LOL Yep, that's me, the rebel Sincerely though, this process is much more emotional/ mental than it is even about the food and that is what I want to really working on. My though is that by practicing listening to my own hunger signals and eating what appeals to me will allow me to work on the other stuff that has gotten me bogged down since forever. Just an idea for now but definitely intrigued!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Hi All, I saw The Other Woman the other night with some girls. Really good. Gonna see Gods not dead tomorrow night. I am doing well. Had a good day LC day. Went and did a freezer meal workshop in the afternoon. So now I have 10 Meat meals already to go with spices etc and the recipe on the bag what to do with it. Love those meals. Easy Easy Easy and yummo.
Today is Laundry day. and hopefully the housekeepers will come tomorrow. I get my Netrition order tonight. yay and I did a lot of food shopping this weekend. I went to Costco and spent $300Plus. No junk food. Organic and healthy. food is so expensive and then to my Bel Air and another $100. Real food.
I have been on this website too much need to get off and get stuff done. want to try some CO Bark. Let u know how it is.

Have a good day all. I feel like I may be coming out of my funk.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Stephie!

I'm here, y'all, I've just been too hands-full to check in. Sorry about that.

I'm tired of gaining and losing the same weight, too. I hate that I gained some back and now am having a hard time getting motivated to get it back off!! It just seems like there are so many other priorities.

Having said that...the intermittent fasting is going really well lately.

I am in the same boat as you, Tami, with carbs - especially sugar. There's a point at which I've stepped over the line and am not in charge anymore, the carbs take over! Not sure I want to toy with that.

Back to work for me. Vampires won't write themselves.

Happy Monday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:43 AM   #132

Good morning all! It's Tuesday, one day better than MONDAY!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #133

Had a decent DD yesterday. Could have been a bit better, or a LOT worse! 177.2 today. YES I braved the scale! Hopefully by Friday morning I am back to signature weight????!!!

I seem to be alone in here??!?!?! Hello everyone!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here!!

Sorry, it was a long day yesterday with DH off.
Amazing a phone consult with my trainer person from my program. He has approved my "no diet" so to work on more of the emotional stuff going on. He totally got it and so refreshing to be heard completely. I am excited to continue and see what I learn about myself. Learning that all the perfection at cycling will not see results if I have other things going on behind the scenes.. such a relief to know I am not a total kook.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #135

If you are a KOOK, I can't imagine what LABEL I would be!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome, Danielle. It feels so good to be truly heard & understood

How's the week going, Monica? Siggy weight sounds pretty awesome to me! You're soooooo close! Will be thinking wooshy thoughts

Lynne... that sugar is nasty stuff... too bad it's also so darned tasty! Sigh. How are the vampires coming?

The scale has stopped moving again, this time at 198... not cool... but I own this mess. Decided to finally start some sort of exercise today. Did a lot of leg work on the stairs and then some wimpy push ups on the stairs. Fun fun fun... or something like that. Weather is amazing, but the new bar where we play darts opened in October and last night was our first taste of warm weather down there. It's simply not going to work. I was so overheated & miserable as were most of the other women. We'll see what kind of adjustments they can make, but we may be looking for somewhere else to play. This is nothing compared to summertime temps.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Oh I hate being hot. Working out in the pool may be the way to go. You r in Roseville right?
Hot week this week. Sat DH and I r going to go pick up our wine at 3 wineries we belong to. Wine makes me Hot too. At least sat is supposed to be 80 only. Better.
When I ate a lot of soy my body stayed a lot cooler.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:41 AM   #138

Tami - does the bar not have a/c??? That seems odd, doesn't it?

Stephie - interesting on the SOY!

Week is going good. DS15's therapist called me last night and gave me an update. She told me she thought things were improving. She told me that he has indicated he isn't cutting anymore, so that is great. I think the meds are doing wonders for him. Even he and his Girlfriend are on a better track now too! He was so very dark for several months there. It certainly HELPS to smile some! Enjoy life
Old 05-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Stephie, that is interesting about the soy. Wonder if it's peri-menopause hormones on top of being heavy & just not tolerating heat well. I had heat stroke a few years ago and ever since I just don't manage well. Thank goodness for cooler weather coming up, but we both know that won't last Have fun at the wineries! Do you belong to ones in El Dorado County or elsewhere? I'm not a big wine person, but the tours are fun none the less.

Monica, Great news on DS! Whew. The bar does have A/C, but it's an older building and I'm wondering how well it works. The owner got there a little after we did and blamed the inside temp on the bartender leaving all the doors open all day - chicken or egg thing I'm thinking. Bartender probably opened all the doors trying to keep it cool, but owner's point that it would stay cooler with doors closed makes sense. Who knows. We'll have to see how it goes.

I was shocked to see the scale up a few pounds this morning, but then immediately realized that my legs were sore and surely that's the reason why. As the morning has progressed I'm definitely feeling my legs, but it's a good sore
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #140

Tami - I would think the owner would want it more on the COOL side inside, then hot. I don't stay anywhere if it is hot. Well, my DD12's softball games, but what choice do I have there?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Ya know I take meds that make me sun sensitive and have always ran hotter. In Ayurveda medicine my Dosha is Pitta. Fire. So alcohol and spicy food heat me up. Along with the soy I also wasn't drinking at all so that probably had something to do with it. I'm supposed to eat cooling food like cucumbers. What is your Dosha. U can find out online. Google it. Test to take. Easy. Fun.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #142

Never heard of DOSHA! I will have to look it up!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:53 AM   #143

It's Friday, it's an Up Day! DH and I plan on sitting by the fire pit this evening eating Pizza and having a glass or 2 of wine!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with you, Monica... no need to be hot! We have one more league night & then playoffs and if I don't see an improvement there's no way we're playing there all summer! Nope! Can't do it! No need to be miserable when this is supposed to be something fun for hubs & I. Your Friday evening sounds lovely!

Stephie... interesting on the Dosha... well, kind of. lol. I should have known. I'm soooo moderate in just about everything. I used to think it made me wishy washy in a negative way, but I've since accepted that that's really just how I am. I'm not being wishy washy for lack of confidence or anything like that. I honestly just don't care most of the time because I don't feel strongly one way or the other. Anyway, part one of the Dosha quiz fits what I already knew perfectly. lol. 'Your scores are Vata: 3 Pitta: 3 Kapha: 4
Based on your results, you are a TRI-DOSHIC.' Part 2 says my mind & body are in a Kapha state (body Vata & Pitta 9, Kapha 14 - Body Vata 10, Pitta 11, Kapha 13). 'Out of balance Kapha leads to heaviness, sluggishness and congestion. Stimulation and movement help overcome the resistance of accumulated Kapha. Think activation and invigoration.' Interesting. Most of the tips are things I know to help me, so it all makes sense to me without knowing the science or principles behind it. Yep, interesting. Thanks Stephie.

Oh...so with all that said, the scale is UP several pounds again this morning. I'm still sore so this better be water weight. Annoying!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Oh I'm so glad u found it interesting. That's it. It makes sense huh. It's like we already knew these things but didn't know why. So it is the why. I think it is good to be balanced a little of each one. I have a book on it. Eat taste heal. I read it in like 1 weekend then my mom bought me my own copy.
Decided I am only going to weigh on Monday am. Now. These fluctuations are normal but I just don't want to be so scale motivated. I plan on eating this way forever. It is what it is.
No sense letting it have so much control in my emotions. I'm just gonna eat, workout, water and carry on.
Had pizza toppings on salad and ranch. Dinner
Carbquick pancakes for breakfast
Artichoke dip and veggies and almonds lunch
Wine tasting tomorrow
Have a good weekend ladies
Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #146

OH I love fun wine tastings!

It's MONDAY...ladies! only 2 more Monday's in the school year left after today! Where does the time go???

Had a good relaxing weekend. Got some stuff to help prep for our trip, which is 3 weeks from today!!! JAMAICA here we come!!!!!!

I was 177.0 again this morning
Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

WOW, Monica! Time flies, doesn't it?!? What a fantastic trip to look forward to! I'm excited for you!

Just plugging along here. Threw everything out the window for Mexican last night, so back to it today. We have a birthday celebration tomorrow night so I'm tempted to say screw it until Wednesday, but trying to not think that way.

Happy(?) Monday all!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Misscobi don't do it. We have to work around all these celebrations cuz they don't quit coming. Be strong. Eat before u go, take a piece of LC cake w u.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #149

How did your Monday go girls??

We had a nice dinner out with DD12's volleyball coach. Sort of a THank You type thing. It was nice.

On to Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

I am seeing the DR today about my foot. It just doesn't seem to want to heal... (my Heel )
Old 05-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning all!!

Tami, I'm with you on the subject of celebrations! Stephie is right, though, we've got to somehow make peace with them. because they keep coming back.

I've been giving some thought to the idea of a scheduled off-plan day once a week. (Yay, Mexican!!) Think it might work? I haven't tried it yet.

You got heat stroke?? OMG. I'm glad you're okay!

Monica, you're doing great! Jamaica sounds fantastic. So...I'll be in your luggage. Don't mind me, I'll be very quiet.

I hope your heel heals before you take off. What a misery to be in pain on vacation!

Stephie, I love what you said about not being so scale-motivated. Me too. We're in it for life!!

Danielle, intuitive eating sounds interesting. I had a short period of my life when I was *only* eating when I was hungry and stopping when I was not hungry anymore, eating whatever was served - normal meals. It was very liberating!

Me... well, the kid was in surgery all day yesterday, dental surgery and adenoids - that's how my Monday went! So he's out of school today but healing nicely. We're kicking back and taking it easy.

I took the wrong road home from Portland (not paying attention), and we ended up on some backroad that took us 65 miles out of our way , but other than that...it went great!

Also, an announcement: I just got a notice in the mail that my divorce is now final. Yay!

Onward and upward.

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote