Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Danielle, you're are amazing!!! How cool that you got to see Chris & Heidi Powell live and in person! Congrats on the autographed book too! WTG hubby! Love that he's going with you and that you're powering through Jillian Micheals' workouts! WOW! I'm sooo impressed! Screw the scale! You're going to be an itty bitty STRONG chick soon! YAY!

Lynne, luke warm is better than stone cold frozen which is where my weight loss plan is at the moment. lol Sorry about the parent club personality issues. Ugh. I give you a lot of respect for putting yourself in that position and trying to help. Why do people have to make it SO hard??? Sigh. Hang in there.

How ya doin, Monica? How's your (busy?) weekend shaping up? Hubby & a neighbor will be working on my mom's car for her, so I may cook something for them and we have to get some yard work done. Mother nature is trying to take over my backyard & front flower bed. lol. Other than that not much planned. Not sure if we'll go to the dart tourney or not tonight. Probably, I guess. Hubs left it up to me. I babysit later, but only for a few hours. Little bubs is teething like a mad man and none too happy about it. He's still easy, but we're seeing a few more temper tantrums (still mostly funny. lol) and he's not napping well... which only adds to the crankiness for all involved. lol Lynne, I can't believe he'll be a year old next weekend either! His big sissy flies in from Texas on Monday. I miss that girl and can't wait to see her!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Lynne~ I'd say you're making some great progress... lukewarm is still....well, warm. Chewing gum instead of eating is a huge compromise IMO... and hey, who can argue with great bloodwork
Sorry about the parental issues....it's one of the biggest reasons why I gave up on PTA'ing once the kids hit high school... parents are the worst sometimes LOL

Tami~ Poor lil kiddo with the teething!! My girls were the worst with that...DS seems like his teeth just sprouted overnight and he never complained.. I have no choice but to just keep going.. My stubbornness has kicked in to full throttle and I'm determined to not let my attitude or mood derail me. I kicked butt all week with those workouts...they are really hard and there are 2 moves that I have to modify---planks & "suicides".... but everything else I have been able to eventually work through and do it to proper form.. I am PROUD of that. Even the girly pushups I can do, who knew!? I love the workouts because through the 30 min. it's alternating between upper & lower body..and then the cardio days it's the entire body.. intense but very effective. I hope soon I'll be able to tell in the mirror. I can already feel a difference in how my body has responded to the exercises and has worked hard to be able to accommodate...it's amazing!

Monica~ are you off and running again for another busy weekend? I still don't know how you do it, girl!

Rest day today for exercise and reward day for food. Taking it easy and not going too high up in calorie range...I absolutely detest the idea of gaining more after today I'm really praying for a whooshy after this bod gets used to the fact that there IS exercise going on.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami - no darts tonight? I say you should GO! Live it up girl! How are your boys doing?

Dani - If the whoosh fairy visits you, SEND HER MY WAY! My scale has only been creeping up and I am NONE to happy about that.

My weekend is busy this weekend. DD12 has softball this weekend, but she will miss most of the games. She plays tonight at 9:00 p.m. (WTH???). Tomorrow she was going to be allowed to play up till 3:00. Alas, their schedule has them playing at 2:30, 7:00 and 8:30. Crazy, huh? So instead we will leave town in the morning with DH and DS15 for DH's Dad's house. His DAD turns 80 tomorrow and we are hosting a HUGE party for him. I believe they think 200 people will be there. WE have 100 lbs of pulled pork in our frig thawing. DH has been buying it/cooking it/shredding it since January. We also have twenty 12 packs of pop, 3 cases of wine, 4 liters of whiskey, aboutg 200 buns, 40 bags of chips, 300 plates/napkins/silverware/4 cakes/4 large containers of mixed nuts---- actually, not sure we can all ride up together. It may take 2 vehicles! DH's brother is doing the baked beans and cole slaw. Party starts at 5:00 tomorrow and runs till WHENVER! Rumor is a band is appearing too, for FREE! I think all told the party is running each of us (him and his brother ) $500 each. Not bad for 200 people. Should be fun. We will see people we haven't seen in YEARS!

Sunday is RECOVERY. We will spend the night up there. Probably do lunch with his dad/wife and his brother/his family. It will be nice, but even better to be BEHIND US!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #64

the Scale moved up AGAIN today! BLAH!!!!!!! I am back on JUDDD today. Today is a DD! I can't afford to gain more weight, so I am starving today!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh! That darned scale, Monica! I avoided the scale this morning, because I ate whatever I wanted last night. I'm so over dieting. I should probably look for another plan (again!) but nothing makes me feel as good as low carb. Hmmm. Sounds like you have a fabulous party planned! How fun! I bet DH's dad will be just thrilled and so grateful that all of his friends and family are together to celebrate! Fun fun fun!

Danielle, how was your rest/reward day?

Well, we ended up going to darts. Hubby & I were randomly paired together so that was fun! Plus we ended up winning the tourney, despite a stupid mistake on my part. I was almost in tears for a minute, but sucked it up like a big girl. lol A couple of friends who don't always show up to this tourney were there. They're two of the peeps who went to Vegas with us last year & it's always a blast to see them. One of them was in the running for first with us, but we barely squeaked by & got it. Then we all went out to eat (more FUN!). The only thing open was Applebees w/ their half price late night appetizers. Yeah. They were good. lol

Happy weekend everyone! DH is still asleep at almost 10 am, which drives me absolutely bonkers as I just don't do or get the sleeping in thing. I can't do it, so I've never understood it. Seems like such a huge waste of the day to me. However, he definitely deserves some R&R, so I guess if sleeping the day away is his version of R&R I'll not bug him. lol. I've already done all of the household chores I wanted to and am now bored. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, I'm sorry about the scale..I really really can relate
The party sounds amazing, what a wonderful way to celebrate!

Tami, look at you, our little dart winner! I dunno, I think men in general just like to sleep? Mine is the same exact way, and I cannot will myself to sleep in unless I am dying from something

I got on the scale today....yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know! I just had to see if there was any change... well, yep, there sure was..... in the wrong dang direction. Needless to say, the scale is being hidden again as I got caught standing on the stupid thing

Workouts going well and I can feel myself getting stronger.. I am noticing changes in the way my clothes are fitting already. Is this even possible
Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #67

Tami - way to go with the darts. YOU DESERVE a fun evening. As for eating, SO BE IT! I am tired of it all too. Sleeping in is tough for me too. If I want extra sleep, I have to go to be earlier. I am able to sleep till 8:00 a.m., but that is about MAX for me, even if I would stay up till 2 or 3!

Dani - Loose clothing is great girl!

The party was a huge success. I am so glad it is over with. I am done with that side of the family for a while.

My goal for the week is to survive. DS15 took another turn in the wrong direction. We have no idea what to do now. Not sure what will happen next.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so glad the part was a success!! I can only imagine you're glad it's over, all that planning

I'm sorry to hear about the kiddo... that's a tough one for sure. Is he still going to therapy? Have you guys considered meds?

I'm still chugging along, eating right and doing my workouts. I am VERY sore in my glutes this morning for some reason... I must've really pushed it in yesterday's workout LOL It hurts to even sit Today's cardio...meh, I'm not wild about this particular workout, but it gets the job done..it makes me sweat buckets and I can actually complete it. So I guess just get it done, eh? Not sure what's going on with the scale, AT ALL. I'm so confused about it, really. If I'm eating all on plan foods, within my calorie ranges, drinking more than enough water...you would think there would be some sort of deficit, no? I mean, even with the implementation of exercise... Ridiculous!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
The party was a huge success. I am so glad it is over with. I am done with that side of the family for a while.

My goal for the week is to survive. DS15 took another turn in the wrong direction. We have no idea what to do now. Not sure what will happen next.
Do you want to talk about it? We're listening.

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm so glad the part was a success!! I can only imagine you're glad it's over, all that planning

I'm sorry to hear about the kiddo... that's a tough one for sure. Is he still going to therapy? Have you guys considered meds?
He sees the therapist once a week for an hour and is on Prozac. They have upped his meds once already and guessing, I think they will up them again this week. I don't know how I feel about that either!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #71

DS15 is cutting himself. It is a condition I know very little about. Apparently he isn't suicidal (which is good), but his frustrations in life are something he doesn't have the ability to cope with or communicate. By cutting, it redirects the brain and gives instant relief from the frustration. We were directed to hide all scissors, knives and such.

We are really at a loss.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
DS15 is cutting himself. It is a condition I know very little about. Apparently he isn't suicidal (which is good), but his frustrations in life are something he doesn't have the ability to cope with or communicate. By cutting, it redirects the brain and gives instant relief from the frustration. We were directed to hide all scissors, knives and such.

We are really at a loss.
I had a dear friend who did this. She was never suicidal, either, it just made her feel better. She never seriously harmed herself, and eventually she just sort of grew out of it. For her, I think it was more akin to piercings and tattoos rather than a desire to destroy herself. Maybe that's typical, I don't know. I do know that she had a whole ritual around it, the first step of which was buying razor blades and carrying them around for a while...which makes me wonder what good hiding the knives would really do for a 15-year-old. That seems like weird advice to me.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents fwiw. again.

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #73

From what I understand, the condition isn't about harming one's self. It is more about redirecting the MIND from all the frustrations it is currently feeling. It is brought on by the lack or inability to communicate all of what is going on in his head. I had never thought about that Lynne, YES if he so chose, he could easily go buy something to get it done. I think the first step is to make it more difficult for him to do. Meaning, if he has to go out and buy it, by then, maybe the frustration feeling would have passed? I don't know any answers.

I will say, yesterday he was in a better place. I do believe the meds are helping him as his MOOD is much improved.

I appreciate your words and input. I would take info from anywhere if it would help us deal with this. I am just at a loss.

Yesterday was a good DD, 800 calories. Goal over the next few weeks is to get that down to 500c! Will enjoy an up day today!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica I am truly sorry for all that's going on. I have a good friend who is going through this with her daughter. It's been a long and windy road for them, but they are beginning to heal and get things figured out.
Is DS being treated for depression & anxiety? Has he been diagnosed with anything? My son is dx'd Bipolar 2 w/ rapid cycling...poor kid. I can only imagine that this has all been a great big learning curve for your whole family.. .. Hang in there, your kiddo seems to be in tune and want to feel better--that is half the battle right there. Good things are coming, I just know it!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

We are really at a loss.
Oh, Monica. I am so sorry to hear this. I know you have to be so worried about him and so confused, hurt, and frustrated yourself. Big big hugs and prayers for the entire family.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #76

I think the "diagnosis" for him is self mutliator and depression.

We are continuing with therapy and meds for now.

Today is a DD and thus far, it is going well.

Plans for Easter ladies???
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

praying for the best for the kiddo!

No plans for Easter... hopefully if the weather cooperates and doesn't blow up into the 100's we'll probably grill and hang out.. Maybe I can drag DH to the Japanese gardens for a bit...it's absolutely lovely there!

Concert tonight. Meal out---I am nervous. No control over where we end up, and I have zero clue what type of places there are around this venue we're headed to... hanging with our good friend Mike and his new GF so I'm really going to try to keep it about the company and try not to stress on the food so much. Scale has gone down a tad (yes I weighed ) but tomorrow is supposed to be the "official" day... I won't hold my breathe for anything spectacular but to at least see the bloat come off has been motivating. Jillian is still kicking my butt...nearing the end of my 2nd week already! Excited to begin a new workout next week with her!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Great job with the scale & with Jillian, Danielle! Have fun at the concert & dinner and try not to stress!

Kudos on a great DD despite the stress, Monica!

We'll be at my sister's all weekend... good thing she moved closer, huh? lol Baby's bday is Saturday & then hopefully low key Easter on Sunday. I think my boys' girlfriends are coming to some of the celebrations, though I don't even think they know who's coming to which day at this point. Should be fun.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #79

Dani - how was the concert??? You had a good plan there girl. I am so proud of the workouts you are doing! GO GIRL!

Tami - nothing better than a 1 year old B-Day party gathering. How fun!

We are heading to friends house tomorrow night, then Saturday night we will head to my parents. We will do church and lunch with my family. No clue what MOM is planning!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, thanks! Funnily enough, once we got to where we were going all the stress & anxiety fell away... I just went with what felt natural. Your weekend sounds fun...I still can't believe that baby is a year old already!!

Monica, busy bee mode again! The concert was fun! I still can't hear anything this morning, but it was fantastic!! We knew what we were in for, loud, long, and tons of group singing and dancing around My knees are killing me this morning from it all, but well worth it.

So yeah, one tired mamacita this morning I'm praying I can keep up to do it all again tomorrow night! Was great meeting our friends new GF, she was great and a lot of fun. Of course there are ALWAYS the little young'uns around who think they are so bad@$$ and it makes for some comical people watching.... the couple behind us was quite funny in that respect, the girl was every sense of "dumb blonde" and the boyfriend, a total tool.. She was complaining that she wasn't going to get to see...mind you, we were right in front, they behind us.. I think she was worried about DH because he is so tall.. and frankly, boyfriend was terrified of DH because when she whined to him for the billionth time about "the view" he said, uh yeah, not gonna happen, I ain't saying a word. I may be old, but I got hearing like a friggin bat! Needless to say, by midway through the show she was literally pouting... Then she pouted even harder after the show when the band was giving away the set-lists and we got handed one directly Little girl, you're gonna have to learn fast, you want a bird's eye view you better get here as early as we did...
At least I didn't have to worry about anyone wanting to pick a fight with me like last year.... no hair pulling going on..

I am tired, sore, and dehydrated. Despite chugging water all night after my 2 beers, I am way thirsty. I am SO thankful to have seen a loss on the scale this morning, though! It musta been the 1 mile walk we ended up getting in last night walking to & from the restaurant

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-17-2014 at 07:42 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

How fun, Danielle! WooHoo on seeing a loss after all of the fun, too! Gotta love that!

How's DS doing, Monica? Wish these kids would stop making us mamas worry!

Yawwwn... I was up half the night with nerve pain from my neck, down through my shoulder to my fingertips. Not the first time this has happened since my neck/back injury, but sucks none the less. I think it's starting to subside this morning.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 AM   #82

Dani that sounds like some wicked FUN girl! Jealous of you I am! Concerts you see all kinds of "interesting" people.

Tami - so sorry you were in pain girl. Do you see chirporactors at all. I live by mine! DS15 is motoring along. I don't think there has been any change. I believe when he saw his therapist on Wed and they spoke about his cutting, I think she suggested he treat the scabs. He went out and purchased bandaids/neosporin and cleanser. So at least he is keeping it clean and treated. He won't talk to us at all about it, so we don't push. He will, IN TIME, I hope! THanks for asking.

It's FRIDAY girls! I am so thankful. The stress of DS15 this week and I have had HORRIFIC issues at work. No wonder I am eating myself into 10 pounds heavier! I need to stop that. No excuse for doing more damage and causing more issues!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I do hope you are feeling better! That sounds painful!

Monica~ Amazing fun!! We've had the BEST time at shows and met some super fun people... several of whom I'm still friends with!!
My heart and good thoughts are always with your DS My hope is that soon he will be comfortable enough to talk to you about what he's feeling. I can really relate to the whole stress thing and wanting to just eat...I really can. Going through some stuff with DD18 and the first thing I wanted to do was head for the cookies...but then, I stopped and remembered how Jillian has beat my @$$ for 2 solid weeks and I wasn't about to undo that She's already threatened to jump through my tv and yell at me..
Hang in there honey!!! Do your best and take everything an hour at a time if you have to.

Down 7.5 inches thanks to Ms. Jillian So stoked!!!!! Reward day today....DH's birthday today...concert today.... dinner out... it's gonna be a long day!!!! Ok, off to hula!!! Have a great weekend, ladies!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #84

WOW girl, down 7.5 inches is amazing! Keep it up. your hard work is paying off! Thanks for the words. I will get back to it. Life throws you curves, it is better to deal with them than to EAT THEM!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 AM   #85

Hope everyone had a GREAT Easter weekend! We had fun. Today, we are doing the Monday BLUES! I am hoping for a solid DD! Have a great day all!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Holy cow, 7.5 inches! Wow! Great job, Danielle!!!

We're definitely feeling the Monday blues with you, Monica. I'm sure the carb sugar hangover is not helping! Sigh.

I'm up, way up, but not surprised. DH has decided to give low carb a try. He quit smoking in November (YAY!) and has been gaining weight since. Totally understandable, but he's also been having some issues with his asthma and overall just not feeling well. I'm glad he's decided to give low carb a try again. I really think he'll feel better after a week or so. We'll see. So he and I are going to race to 20 pounds... of course I know he'll win - darned men & their metabolism - plus he works his arse off while I mostly putter around the house w/ large breaks in front of the computer. lol. It's all good, though.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Baby's birthday & Easter went off without a hitch. Weather was beautiful and baby was a real trooper. Happy happy kiddo. A friend of the family pro photographer got a pic of me and Kellan that brought tears to my eyes. Love that baby! Hopefully it looks as good blown up as it did on the back of her camera. lol. I'll definitely share when I can
Old 04-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WOW girl, down 7.5 inches is amazing! Keep it up. your hard work is paying off! Thanks for the words. I will get back to it. Life throws you curves, it is better to deal with them than to EAT THEM!
Thanks, lady! You guys will get all this stuff figured out and all will be right with the world!

The day after and back to reality is always the hardest today is gonna suck rocks! I was a very naughty girl, pretty much all weekend.. it started with Friday night... which, BTW, was AMAZING!!! Going to see this show has been like almost 30 years In the making... having it be DH's b-day on top of that, we had a blast! Too much food, too much drink, dancing, singing....made Saturday a verrrrryyyy long day. Feeling human today and ready to get going again.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks, lady! You guys will get all this stuff figured out and all will be right with the world!

The day after and back to reality is always the hardest today is gonna suck rocks! I was a very naughty girl, pretty much all weekend.. it started with Friday night... which, BTW, was AMAZING!!! Going to see this show has been like almost 30 years In the making... having it be DH's b-day on top of that, we had a blast! Too much food, too much drink, dancing, singing....made Saturday a verrrrryyyy long day. Feeling human today and ready to get going again.
I was naughty from Friday afternoon through yesterday! I am so glad the concert was good and it landed on your DH's birthday!~ How perfect!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
We're definitely feeling the Monday blues with you, Monica. I'm sure the carb sugar hangover is not helping! Sigh.

I'm up, way up, but not surprised. DH has decided to give low carb a try. He quit smoking in November (YAY!) and has been gaining weight since. Totally understandable, but he's also been having some issues with his asthma and overall just not feeling well. I'm glad he's decided to give low carb a try again. I really think he'll feel better after a week or so. We'll see. So he and I are going to race to 20 pounds... of course I know he'll win - darned men & their metabolism - plus he works his arse off while I mostly putter around the house w/ large breaks in front of the computer. lol. It's all good, though.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Baby's birthday & Easter went off without a hitch. Weather was beautiful and baby was a real trooper. Happy happy kiddo. A friend of the family pro photographer got a pic of me and Kellan that brought tears to my eyes. Love that baby! Hopefully it looks as good blown up as it did on the back of her camera. lol. I'll definitely share when I can
I want to see that picture girl! PLEASE PLEASE post it when you can!!!!!!!

How awesome your DH is going to join you in LC. YES he will win, but it will still be great for you both to be following the same plan. I finally convinced DH to go back on JUDDD yesterday. We are hitting today with a SOLID DD! I am allowing myself up to 800c, but would love for it to be closer to 600!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #90

Well it's Tuesday. I was successful yesterday in that it was BUNCO night and I didn't eat a THING at all there! There was candy, chips/cheese, you name it! YEAH!

Today is DH's birthday. Really no plans. DD12 and I shopped last night for his gift (got him solar lanterns for his patio/firepit area). DD12 wanted to make him breakfast this a.m. so we stopped to get him a bagel from Panera (they gave it to us free as it was almost 6:00 and they were about to throw them out). When I woke her this a.m. to make breakfast, she had slept on wrong and could hardly move her neck. POOR GIRL. Nothing worse than that! I "helped" her make it and all is good. We will give him his gifts tonight after softball practice and DS15 getting home from work!