Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Love the pictures & the tradition, Monica! What a lucky kiddo to have Grandpa take her all these years. Lucky Grandpa, too! Love love love it! I've never been able to acquire a taste for wine. It's bound to happen eventually being that I live really close to about a bazillion vineyards. Napa Valley is the huge destination, but there are tons of vineyards all over this area and each area vies for a piece of the pie. I honestly find it pretty icky, though. Hmmm. Oh-well. Vodka has less carbs & cals anyway. haha.

Are you feeling better, Danielle? Hope so! Too funny about the contact high at a Tool concert. Hmmm. Hard to imagine. LOL Definitely keep us posted on the new workout stuff!

Just got home from babyland... got laundry started & gave myself the time of one wash cycle to decompress before starting dinner stuff. blah. Not feeling it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
What did you end up having for dinner last night Tami? We had pork chops and cauli-mac/cheese. YUM! It was delicious!

I think we have found a happy place at home. DS15 is willing to continue at the high school if we help him graduate a year early. It is a nice compromise. I have contacted the councelor, hoping she gets back with us on a solution. The way he is set right now, he would only have 1 1/2 required classes his senior year. No need to wait and do that if you don't enjoy High School. Hoping we find out something by end of the week. DS15 seems in a better place. Even smiled some last night!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Nice! So glad you've reached a compromise with DS & that he's smiling again! Here the kids can take community college classes for some of their credits and then there's always summer school, independent study, etc. to knock out those credits he needs to graduate early. Keep us posted! Sounds promising!

I threw together a little bit of everything for dinner. lol. I had half of a grilled burger over salad, with some sauteed asparagus and deviled eggs. For the lack of motivation I was feeling it was actually all yummy
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Monica, I am thrilled to hear that he was open to the idea!! Lovely to see our kids smile, isn't it?

Tami, dinner actually sounded quite yummy!!!

I was feeling better...then woke up at 3am (again) this morning feeling "strange" for lack of a better word...my belly hurt in all of its entirety, just felt extremely bloated? And then, I started getting super super hot and had a full-blown anxiety attack.. After about 20 min. of trying to calm myself without waking everyone, I finally tromped downstairs and plopped on the couch with the remote... Everything calmed down finally about 5am and by that time it was another hour before DD was gonna be getting up to get ready for school....I just stayed up watching HGTV I'm sure this will bite me later in the day and I'll end up napping...
I feel fine this morning.... I ate my breakfast and had my coffee and all seems well? I am questioning if this has anything to do with my plan I may end up going back to cycling before I even get started with this I didn't have any issues like this while cycling, if anything, I felt fantastic despite that last minute gain at the end before I decided to stop...

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, I hope your goes away soon. Need fiber, maybe...? Okay, I just had to throw that out there. Might account for all the evidence. Nuff said.

Monica, you have beautiful children!! They've got so much goodness inside, too. What great pictures!

I'm glad you negotiated a settlement with DS. He deserves to be happy. You're all in agreement on that!

Tami Monica didn't used to like wine, either, if I'm remembering right. She went to a tasting and discovered some things she liked. Maybe it will happen to you, too. Or, maybe vodka and pineapple juice are just way better than wine. Possibly.

I used to like to play darts with my husband. We'd go to an Irish pub and drink Guinness and listen to music and play darts. The dart board was right next to the side door, so occasionally drunks would stumble in to our game from neighboring bars and nearly have a dart-related mishap, so that livened up the game.

I beat the stuffing out of him every time. No wonder we're divorced.

Speaking of that?? I just got a call from the courthouse yesterday. It's finally over!!

...and so is Spring break. (Thank goodness.) It rained for 6 days in a row.

I've been sniffling and whining with a cold. It helps me stay on plan when I can't smell anything.

Back to work for me. Happy Tuesday!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, Great news, Lynne! Having it officially 'over & out!' has got to be a huge relief! So happy for you! Also glad your little man is back to school! Hope you feel better soon! Too funny about the near mishaps! lol. Again, wish we lived closer! I'd get you playing darts with me! Love that you skunked your x every time. lol. My hubs has very mixed feelings about me getting better at the game. He's thrilled and proud of me, but feels a bit of pressure to up his game before I get too good. haha. He still gives me a handicap and I win about half the time, so the handicap apparently is about right.

Danielle, Lynne's suggestion about fiber makes a lot of sense, especially when just starting on low carb! Hope it's a simple fix and you're feeling better soon!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #37

Tami - your dinner does sound good! I love throwing stuff together like that.

Dani - so sorry you were feeling off last night. That is NO FUN! Me, I was woke up by our neighbor at 12:30 because DH had not pulled his vehicle in far enough, so our garage door was open! Needless to say, he got up, took care of it. But then I was AWAKE worrying about things. I stayed up till just after 2:00! Darn it! I worry about everything it seems.

Lynne - bummer it rained all through spring break! Congrats on your divorce. you are right, I used to HATE wine. then I was shown some good starter ones and here I am. LOL Actually , I do enjoy vodka with crystal light too! I have a couple drinks a couple times a week!

DS15 is now on a 3 year plan for high school! My baby boy will graduate in May 2016 and will start college at the OLD age of 17! He won't turn 18 till he completes his first semester. He is SOOOO Happy about all this. I believe we have pin pointed his issue...it is the CRAP High School throws at you. Specifically the other KIDS! Man, kids/teens can be so RUDE/MEAN/and are really good at just all out ignoring people UNLESS they want/need something. That is what he was going through. Kids would ask/talk to him if they needed help with classes or assignments, then they want NOTHING to do with him! Poor guy! So be it. He will only have to take 2 electives outside of normal classes to graduate early. Funny BRAINIAC, he is going to take 2 science classes. Heaven forbid he try something fun/different!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #38

Weighed this morning, back up to 175! GRRRR I am sure it is the weekend slips. I will stay LC till Easter weekend, then I will switch back to JUDDD!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ Hooray you survived spring break with the kiddo! Heck, I barely survived with a 17yo I hope you are feeling better! And what better news could there be.....you're FREE!!!

Tami~ I dunno that I will ever be allowed to play darts....I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, I'd be lucky to even make contact with the wall and not someone's head sitting all the way to the other side of the room!
Fiber seems to be fine according to my food tracker....I got used to eating a lot while carb cycling...

Monica~ I know I've written this over in your journal, but I'm just so glad to hear that DS seems content with the plan that's laid out for school.. It's heartbreaking when the kids are suffering at the hands of punk kids.... angers me beyond words! I think he will do great and really thrive... Don't worry about the gain, it's not real and will be gone before you know it!
---------------------------

Well, I am going back to carb cycling. I didn't start feeling so poorly with horrific belly pain until I went back to all LC/HF... I'm hoping that this is just my bod's way of wanting me to get back to cycling and nothing medical. DH & I had been discussing my issues and he pointed out that after only a couple days back to LC I started having problems with my feet hurting, joint pain, and my stomach freaking out... While I absolutely love the idea of getting to eat eggs and bacon every morning, or even real mayo, my body appears to not be able to handle it? I've never EVER felt like this going into LC eating before...so I really have reservations about this being any type of induction type flu... this stuff I've had has been really painful. I'll go back to cycling and see if it happens anymore.....but the last few days I've been eating sorta cycle-type for high carb days, including some carbs with each of my meals and I haven't had any issues and I don't feel like death. Not entirely sure what's going on but I'll do whatever plan allows me to feel human along with losing a few pounds!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck, Danielle. I hope whatever is causing you to feel so bad vanishes asap! You're right, it doesn't sound like induction flu type stuff, but who knows. I'd switch back and see if it helps, too. Hopefully it will!

Monica, so so happy for you & DS. Hopefully this will make the next couple years so much easier for him! Don't sweat the weight. It will come back off. I haven't gotten on the scale for the last couple of days, mostly just been in a hurry, but I noticed my rings were a little snug this morning. Just water retention, surely, but still annoying enough that I said screw the scale. I don't want to know.

It's almost the weekend! Yay! This has been one heck of a long week already!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tami! I seem to be doing ok incorporating some complex carbs back in... I'm hoping that the couple weeks I was not cycling has been enough of a reset for my body so say, hey ok, we're ready to roll again! Excited to see what happens this time around.

Totally not weighing but once a week.. tomorrow I'm supposed to for the week... I'm sure mine will be up from the week before because of the wonky eating I've done the last few days...

This week has been excruciatingly slow, I'm ready for the weekend to be here already!!! It's been a hard week!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #42

Dani - sorry you have had a rough week! It is FRIDAY TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

Tami - How's that Little ONE? Running your ragged still??

We have softball tonight and tomorrow night and volleyball all day Sunday! Volleyball ends Sunday. I am ready. No need to continue with 2 BUSY sports at once. I think DD12 is ready to completely devote her time to softball too!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

YES! TGIF!!!!!

Longest week of my life!!

Monica~ crossing my fingers that you will actually be able to sleep in tomorrow morning I know for me, whenever I know I get to, for whatever reason I end up waking up super early naturally.. Kinda annoying! LOL

Ate like ALOT yesterday...not quite sure wth my problem was? Needless to say, that dumb ole scale made sure to "pay it forward" for me with a questionable number Seriously, I do NOT miss weighing every day!

Prepping/ Cooking this afternoon so I can pick up my cycling in the morning. I'm so ready to begin. Jillian is waiting too.. I'm excited for that. It will all be a good change for me!

So talked to DS a little last night and he tells me he's been sorta feeling just, eh lately.... I asked if he'd called his doc about it and he asks why? UMMMMMMMM, cause maybe you need to adjust your meds to a higher dose????????? He was like, oh I didn't even think about that.... crazy kid! No idea how long he's been feeling like this but I'm thinking that he has acclimated to the current dose and is requiring a bump up... poor kid.
And of course I spent the entire evening silently worrying in my head about him! I just want him to be happy and feeling like his ole self again

Going to the movies tonight... Captain America, finally!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy the movies, Danielle! Funny how we sometimes don't see the simple solution. I think that's especially true with depression. That eh feeling just kind of takes over. I'm so glad he shared his feelings with you! Enjoy the movie & getting back to cycling!

Monica, we've overlapped sports quite a few times. I swear I had the busiest kid ever for awhile. It ALWAYS feels good to get a bit of a break! Enjoy! And yes, little one is still running me ragged, but he is such a doll. Still the easiest busy baby I've ever known. He goes full speed, non stop, until he crashes, but he's easy to transition, easy to divert, etc. Even when he throws a fit, which he's recently started to do, he's over it quickly. It's all pretty funny at this stage. Little stinker. I was taking too long to change his diaper the other day and he was getting frustrated (did I mention he's BUSY? lol Laying still for a diaper change is NOT high on his priority list). He went to grab my hand and pull it to his mouth to bite. When I pulled my hand away he grabbed his foot and bit down! Ah, you can't help but laugh. Nice self teaching moment. lol We're gearing up for his birthday in a few weeks and his big sissy will be in town on the 14th and 'other' grandma shortly after that. Fun fun fun

Have a great weekend girls! We decided to skip darts tonight. It was a mutual decision and totally OK with me. They had me sub on Wednesday night. Hubby plays Wed night anyway, so it was no big deal, but when I got there I found out someone else hadn't showed up and I subbed for two people - at the same time - on two different boards - with two different games to keep track of. Oh my. My head was spinning. Hubs has some stuff to work on tonight and we were both in favor of skipping tonight. Guess I won't be defending my three week straight tournament win streak. lol We are hoping to take the jeep up to the snow for a bit this weekend. Hope that pans out. Hubs is working on someone else's car tonight & then has a bit to do to his jeep, too. We'll see.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

He's dx'd Bipolar II so he's on a coupla meds...I tried explaining to him that it was gonna be some trial & error to get to a good therapeutic dose and to ask those docs LOTS of questions, that's what they get paid for LOL I think he was somewhat relieved to realize that there was indeed something to how he was feeling and it wasn't just him being dramatic or whatever... I worry about him, he's my quiet one will suffer in silence sometimes..

Wow, a birthday already!!! Time sure flies!!!! He sounds so fun, very much like how my boy was! He fooled us into thinking that all babies were like that---boy, got a rude awakening when we had the girls!

My DD just texted me her acceptance letter she received today from Penn State.... I KNEW she would get in, she's worked hard. Now the fun part starts of figuring out how this schizzle-b-dizzle gets paid for Of course she had been insistent all the way through school up until a coupla months ago that she was NOT going to go out of state, blah blah blah.... I should have known!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #46

Tami - you had Friday night off. What did you do??? I can't believe the baby is almost 1, where did that year go???

Dani - I hope your son called the DR! As for paying for college, if you have some insight, PLEASE SHARE it with me!!!!!!! I am freaking out over that all now. We will have to start paying a full year earlier than planned!

Had a good weekend. It was freezing on the softball fields and HOTTER than HE LL at the gym for the volleyball tournament yesterday. 1 girl had to be taken out several times because she was over heated! NICE, HUH??? Volleyball is DONE! I am glad to just have 1 sport now!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ DS has an appt this week so he was ok...he also said he's been feeling ok after we talked.. to me, this is a huge indicator that he needs to have his meds adjusted again.. I think he'll get it figured out ok..

Ugh, college tuition is incredibly spendy... DD really wants to do Penn but I dunno where we're gonna pull that $ from Funnily enough, DH has a client that works for Neiman Marcus.... he was explaining to her the other day when she was at his store what DD wants to do and she told him about some degree program here at U of A that she felt really confident that DD would get a free ride for... She said that if DD could get into Penn that UofA would definitely want her.. Apparently this program is developed from the man behind Macy's and Bloomingdales? Also, she told DH that she would love to have the opportunity to have DD intern for her this summer.. Awesome stuff!!!!!! The free ride part is what got my attention

Well, I'm into day 3 of my exercise with Jillian. So far so good. I have worked every muscle group in my body and by last night I literally could not move I woke up today feeling amazing though!! Cardio day today and I survived it. I kicked it's @$$ actually! Food is going well, and water is going down with no issues... Feeling great and so happy to feel some major energy come back!!!

DH is off again today and I'm on the hunt for some new tops---feeling very frumpy these days. I looked yesterday and came home with workout clothes only LOL Oh, and our anniversary is on the 9th so I guess I should start thinking of what to get the hubster!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #48

OH How exciting for DD Dani. Would she be willing to go to U of A? way to go on the exercise. Did you see Captain America???? HOW WAS IT???
Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Funnily enough, DH has a client that works for Neiman Marcus.... he was explaining to her the other day when she was at his store what DD wants to do and she told him about some degree program here at U of A that she felt really confident that DD would get a free ride for... She said that if DD could get into Penn that UofA would definitely want her.. Apparently this program is developed from the man behind Macy's and Bloomingdales? Also, she told DH that she would love to have the opportunity to have DD intern for her this summer.. Awesome stuff!!!!!! The free ride part is what got my attention
^^This.^^

Tami, I am just amazed that it's birthday time for the baby already! I must be getting old(er) if time flies by so fast like that!

I wonder if we were seven hundred years old if a year would seem like a week? Or if there's some relativity limit on how fast time seems to go as you age?

Monica, to only one sport now! Bring on the softball.

For the people trying to pay for college: the financial aid office at whatever college you're hoping to attend knows where all the scholarship/grant/endowment money is hiding and how to tap the college's own scholarship resources. They are so knowledgeable! Um, not the work-study student answering the phone at the financial aid office, but the grownup in charge.

Me... the JUDDD crockpot is working, but is only lukewarm.

I'm walking more. Chewing gum instead of snacking. My bloodwork is still good, but not as good as it was when I was LC.

My parent support group is developing exhausting personality issues. I wish I could run away.

That is about it, I guess! Happy Monday!!

Lynne
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #50

Lynne - I am learning just that. PLus with an ACT score of 28 or better (especially over 30) the $$$ increase dramatically! Thanks for the heads up! Parents, IMHO, are often major DRAMA causing creatures, exponentially more so than any child could ever be!!!

BLAH day for me. I hopped on the scale and I am 177! That is high for me. So I promptly threw the scale out the window. I didn't, but man did I want to!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls... sorry for the fly by. Still plugging along, but feeling a bit lazy about it all with the upcoming baby b-day/Easter holiday weekend in sight. Eh. Hope you're all doing well! Hugs!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 4 of Jillian... today was a repeat of day 1 ...I completed the whole thing...I'm amazed at what my body is already capable of doing, how hard it's working to adjust.. It totally hurt and was hard but man, it felt good to do the entire thing vs. only being able to do 20 min the first time! I love how I feel afterwards

Going to see Chris & Heidi Powell tonight.... kicking off a 4 class workshop on the same philosophies he teaches in his books... Can't wait to see if this is what I've been looking for to help me complete my transformation!

Have a great day, ladies! ♥
Old 04-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #53

Dani - look at you go! I am so excited for the workshop you are attending. I want all the details girl!

Life is going, worked 12 hours yesterday and hoping to not have to do so many today. Still 177! GRRRR
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Was a great night! Chris & Heidi are amazing and truly walking the walk. He is something else, that man. He spoke about his past, and how he "came to be"... his program is built based off his experiences in life and how they have worked this program to help people... They may or may not be at the next meetings...their schedule is if'y due to wrapping up reveal episodes for the upcoming season, as well as, headed to Colorado early May to begin season 5 transformations.. 2 weeks and the first workshop starts... "B: Body" There is a program they have going that is essentially the same one they use with contestants you can do and have it covered with insurance via a referral from your doctor... I'm intrigued and will find out more next time.. I'm mid-switch in finding a new doctor since our insurance changed and I was less than impressed with my last

All in all, a great positive night. OH, and DH won me an autographed book from the entire Powell family in an auction the foundation does to raise $ since this whole program is done for free... I cannot wait to get it!!
DH has also committed to going to the classes with me, I'm shocked but thrilled! Today's our 19th anniversary....time has flown!

Jillian completed for the day...it's getting easier and I am truly inspired at how quickly my body is responding in kind.. it's been HARD but I am doing it!

Monica~ 12 hours! I dunno how you workin mama's do it! Put me to shame! Ignore that flippin scale!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. I may or may not have cried the minute he started speaking
Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #56

Quote:
P.S. I may or may not have cried the minute he started speaking
I FOR CERTAIN WOULD HAVE CRIED!!!!!!!!

You go girl! You are doing great. Truly inspirational!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL I felt silly until I realized I actually wasn't the only one!

Monica, your support means a lot, thank you!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
All in all, a great positive night. OH, and DH won me an autographed book from the entire Powell family in an auction the foundation does to raise $ since this whole program is done for free... I cannot wait to get it!!
DH has also committed to going to the classes with me, I'm shocked but thrilled! Today's our 19th anniversary....time has flown!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Lynne!

Kinda disappointing morning... had my weigh-in today and I'm UP 1.8 since Saturday when I restarted cycling.. I weighed today because Thursday's I use as my official weigh day before reward day's on Friday's..

I just keep keeping on.... couple factors going on... TOM and I just began a workout routine... I imagine my body is going, WHOAH WTH is she doing?????? Still disappointing to see bigger numbers

Worked out this morning and took out my aggression out on that.. I refuse to give up. I really am going to keep learning to focus on fitness and how my shape changes.. I'll take looking smaller than any ole number any day!
Old 04-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #60

Way to power through DANI! That dang scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT! So is mine, by the way! You keep going, you are doing great.