Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Morning girls... same old same old here... didn't get on the scale this morning, but was still at 210 yesterday.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
FRIDAY - EVE!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

Long weekend ahead. Plans?

We are heading to Omaha Ne to hang with friends of ours. My parents/sister/husband are coming up too! It will be fun. We will hang out on Saturday, do the Zoo on Sunday then head home on Monday!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post

We are heading to Omaha Ne to hang with friends of ours. My parents/sister/husband are coming up too! It will be fun. We will hang out on Saturday, do the Zoo on Sunday then head home on Monday!
Sounds like fun! We don't have any particular plans here.

Quote:
Morning girls... same old same old here... didn't get on the scale this morning, but was still at 210 yesterday.
Tami, my scale is still stuck there, too. Not an ounce, though I wore a blouse yesterday that didn't fit me two weeks ago. So .

Met with Gavin's teachers yesterday; I think this is going to be a good year! He is beyond excited to get back to school. He's got last year's teacher and speech therapist, and added another teacher who is fresh out of college and has known she wanted to teach since she was 7.

He was a perfect angel yesterday during the conference while I was explaining all his (new) bad behaviors. I guess they'll learn soon enough!

Happy Friday eve, ladies!! Enjoy Labor Day weekend!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a great weekend, Monica! We have a wedding tomorrow night and my stress case brain can't see much beyond that at this point. There's a charity event at the entrance to the Rubicon Trail Saturday and Sunday so we'd like to make it up there at some point. Other than that, no plans

Lynne, sorry about the stuck scale, but yay for looser clothes & a good meeting with Gavin's teachers! Whew!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #335

Lynne so glad Gavin is excited and ready for school. Heck that is 1/2 the battle right there.

Tami - will the wedding be FUN? Or is it one you just have to go to. I have attended both types!

It's Friday! YEAH!!! Last night was book club night and we went to a place that has 1/2 priced martini's. I had SEVERAL! I haven't done that in forever. DH was my designated driver and we took one of the other ladies! It was really FUN! Only one of us had even looked at the book....so it wasn't even discussed! HAHAHA

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Awesome book club meeting! Too funny that none of you had even read the book. My hubby is always DD, too. It's nice to be able to let your hair down and relax knowing they've got us covered. Fun fun fun!

The wedding could go either way. It's definitely one we have to go to, a good friend of my husbands, but they're a younger couple and we've done a couple of holiday type bbq's with them... eh, we'll see. They can both be a little OCD about making sure everything is perfect which I assume they got from their parents.... soooo... we'll see. Not too worried about fun, just want to get it over with. IF it ends up being fun that'll be a bonus

Got on the scale this morning for the first time in a few days. It was at 207, so made a little progress during the week. I'm going to try to stay on track tonight, but have no clue what they're feeding us, so we'll see. I'm getting pretty comfortable with 'we'll see'... sigh... good for my mental state, not so much for my diet. lol
Old 09-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Morning girls... hope you're doing well!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #338

All good here. FOOD FILLED WEEKEND and am HATING myself!

Switching to LC with you Tami on Monday the 8th. Between now and then I am getting all the LC Recipes and foods necessary to do it successfully!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #339

How is everyone doing???

Missing you all!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Food filled weekends have been almost a constant lately. I so feel you, Monica. I always feel like crap after a day of eating crap, too. Imagine that. And yet I still do it. Plan to do it again on the 13th. We've got VIP tickets to a bike/tattoo show where our favorite band is playing. VIP includes BBQ lunch, Nacho bar, and all the beer, soda, & water you can drink. Hmph. I don't like beer, but of course I like BBQ & nachos. Eh. So being a good girl until then, but since gaining little by little all summer I can't even say I'm treading water at this point.

I truly do love the way LC makes me feel. After a weekend carb fest I'm finally feeling great this morning! Clear headed with a little kick of energy, no gas & bloating, no achy joints, etc.

I created an easy snack if/when you add in nuts. You can use just about any nut, but I love salty/sweet combos so used smokehouse almonds. Put nuts in a plastic container, add a little melted coconut oil, stir to coat, then sprinkle with a little SF pudding mix (I used vanilla) - you can stir & re-sprinkle if you think they need a little more, then place in the freezer for a little bit. When you're ready to eat flex the plastic bowl and break into clusters. Yum! I just had some with my coffee for breakfast
Old 09-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #341

Sounds interesting! I have never had Coconut oil! I may have to get some!

Got plans for this weekend?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #342

FOR ME--Tonight we are hosting one of those Canvas paint parties. The numbers got so big we had to move it out to our office. We are think there will be around 35 people attending! WOW I chose a sunset ocean scene. I am hoping it will be easy. The artist claims all of our canvas art will look presentable! NOW, how can she make an artist out of ME? I can't draw a straight line with a ruler! OH WELL, it will be fun. We have tons of food/drink/adult beverages for all! It should be a good time.

Tomorrow will be CHILL OUT DAY! Sunday we will meet up with my parents. They had planned to come to the canvas party, but a distant relative died and DAD needs to be at the funeral to help. It is 10:00 a.m. Saturday!

OH and today I am 44 years YOUNG! That's why Monday will be a nice restart with LC eating for a while! Got to get this out of control eating TAMED!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday!!! I'm just a few weeks behind you

The paint party sounds fun! Can't wait to see what you end up with! Art has never been one of my strong points either, but yep just go with it & have fun! Sorry about the distant relative... guessing it'll still be tough on dad

Chugging along here. I think I'm going to have to re-evaluate my favorite wings. I'm up 3 pounds since getting back on track (again) on Tuesday. Annoying. Need to get moving, too... have to stop listening to every excuse my brain can possibly think of
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #344

Painting party was not a birthday party. I didn't want those attending to feel they needed to bring gifts. I just wanted a gathering of my friends/family and for all to enjoy and that is exactly what happened! It was perfect. We had 33 in attendance and 28 of them painted. Plus the 4 people with Accent Art. I do believe, if the facebook pics tell the story, that ALL had a great time. I hope I drum up a bunch of business for my friend that started the business back in February!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #345

My painting is NOT the best. Here's a clip of it. DD12 gave me hers to hang up at my office. THANK GOODNESS!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Monica!!

Tami, you're having a birthday too? Well, to both of you!

Sorry I abandoned you again! Gavin's first week of school overwhelmed me. It's okay. It's great, even. Just...overwhelming.

Diet-wise...I feel like I've finally got something I can DO. All the time. I feel happier and more at peace with food than I've felt in a long time, maybe ever. Weird. I'm not losing a whole lot of weight, if any, but there's no struggling. I can pare a few things back temporarily when I'm ready, but I don't feel like it yet.

It took me a while, but I finally decided on a new perfume! Nicole Miller original. (Remember?) It was a little hard to find, because it was discontinued in the 90's and the formula changed. But I got it on ebay!

Gavin's new homework folder came home in his backpack Friday and I was dismayed to see it had a bunch of advertising on it. WTH?? On the one hand, I'm glad to see local businesses are supporting our schools. On the other hand...WTH??

What do you guys think about this? Is it normal and I'm just stuck fast in the past??

Happy Monday, ladies!!
Lynne

P.S. I'm glad your painting party went well, Monica. It sounds like fun!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I couldn't see the clip and would love to! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Lynne, my guys never had advertising on anything that came home from school - well other than flyers for recreational activities, but not on anything they were expected to keep like a homework folder... not sure what to think of it. I suppose it's no big deal if they're just kind of generic business card sized ads? I dunno. Oh, my bday is the 26th. Thanks for the birthday wishes

Pretty mellow weekend. Went to darts Friday night & not enough people showed up for a tournament (weird) so we just played for fun for awhile & called it good. Saturday was grocery shopping and then not much of anything while hubby did some maintenance on my van. I have a road trip coming up at the end of the month so it's nice to have that out of the way. Then Sunday was football (my team lost) and a very quiet little birthday party for the 73 year old bartender where we play darts. He's so cute. Whenever we run a tab it's always just labeled 'kids'... haha... it's not often I get called a kid anymore! We picked him up some balloons & a card from 'The Kids' Then home for easy dinner and bed. I think hubs & I are both coming down with something - something achy & feverish. Blah. Hopefully it passes without developing any further!

Hugs to you both! Hope you have a great week!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 AM   #348

Lynne great seeing you girl. I am sure the first week of school is overwhelming. Heck, I know we are still trying to adjust!! On the folder is it a folder? Binder? More of a planner? I can tell you, when I was in the PTA at the kids' elementary school, PTA bought the planners and for 350 students the cost was well over $1000. If sponsors can help with the cost, I am ALL FOR IT! With budgets as they are these days, I would rather see local business advertise than cut a teacher or something like that. The advertising I don't like is for instance, when COKE or PEPSI pays a school to allow only their machines or such. I don't like the selling out the kids for more temptation to be RIGHT THERE at their finger tips. Does that make any sense???

Tami - Feel better girl. I had to take DS15 back to the clinic last night. He was getting better then BAM, he was worse! He is now on antibiotics. The crud is going around. How nice that you bought the bartender balloons. I bet it made his day!

I had a good LC day yesterday. I am trying to hold off adding in much, trying to keep it basic and simple for now.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #349

Entire group shot

collage someone put together

My sister and me.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

How fun! Love the pics! I'm a wee bit jealous of the fall like clothing, too!

Congrats on getting through your first few days of low carb. It's not easy at first!

Hey, we finally won a dart match! League nights are best 8 out of 15 games and I think we're in our 7th week of league and this is our first win for the season. We've had a bunch that were close, so not too depressing, but it was nice to get this one, especially since one of the players was a jerk during the game... always makes the winning just a wee bit sweeter, doesn't it? Not sure what that says about me, but glad Karma was on our side this time
Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #351

OH people can be so stupid!!!!! Glad you won girl!
Old 09-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #352

Good morning! FRIDAY-EVE here! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much going on this weekend for us! MAN that is shocking. DD12's new softball team doesn't have their fall schedule yet and only practice once a week. SOrt of nice having all the down time
Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! A quiet weekend? What will you do with yourself? lol Love that down time after being busy busy busy for awhile! Enjoy!

We have this :: Renegade Rendezvous :: this weekend... a little crazy fun never hurt anyone, right? haha
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

I have to tell you girls that I'm extremely frustrated with my wardrobe choices at the moment. Sitting in tight arse jeans trying to stretch them out for tomorrow. UGH. Nothing fits well. Sigh. Need need need to fix that! Doing low carb in between 'events' is not working. Of couse I have a 4 day road trip coming up in a couple of weeks... sigh...
Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #355

OH girl. I feel your pain! I think we are all suffering from a slump! Is there no way to have some LC treats with you to stay on plan???

For the first time I made a OMM in the oven. They are truly delicious that way. Not sure why I never tried doing that before! I may try to figure out how to do a whole Batch of them. The way I did it yesterday was to extend my current ONE into so baked muffins. Also the LC pizza I made with cheese and almond flour...AMAZING! I love it more than even my GF Pizza crust we make!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great, Monica! I don't think I've ever done OMMs in the oven either... well maybe to try to make a bun once, but that may have been a different recipe? Anyway, glad it and your pizza crust turned out well. Sounds yummy!

My staying on plan really isn't a treat issue... it's more of a don't want to bother to plan anything, just going to eat whatever is offered issue. Up a bit this morning, but back on track now
Old 09-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #357

I completely understand!

I use the same OMM recipe.

2T flax
2T almond flour
1 egg
1 t baking powder
sweetner (to your liking)
dash of salt

I put them in muffin tins and baked them at 350* for 12 minutes. I plan to triple the recipe and make 5 big muffins. I was able to get 2 out of the recipe noted above. If I make 5 out of tripling it, they will be bigger!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #358

Life certainly is challenge enough.....enough said!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Good plan with the muffins! I used to take all the dry ingredients in a little ziploc plus a whole egg in a mug to work and make them on break... but making them ahead in muffin tins is a lot smarter. I can be a little less than brilliant at times. lol At least I pre-made the little baggies. lol

Two days of decent walking in the books. Happy with that. Scale moved a little, hopefully that will continue, but with that road trip next week I'm really not stressing about the scale too much.

Hope life isn't too challenging for you at the moment
Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 AM   #360

Tami, with what you did, it is a different type of muffin. The OMM in the micro is soft. These are definitely hard more like a truly baked muffin. Not sure which is best. But I like the change of them baked.

Way to go girl!