Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
After a good DD, my weight was UP once again! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 183.0 at this rate, I can't afford to watch what I eat. I was doing better before when I was eating whatever! We got focused what, 5 weeks ago? I am up 3 pounds and my DH, he is down 17!!!!!!!!

Not sure what to do or how to tweek!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #302

Here's the boy! First day of sophomore year! Or junior, whichever way you want to look at it! He is on the fast track and is not interested in going to High school 4 years!

Old 08-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
I love that (Dr. Who) shirt!! I'm a Whovian, too.

Quote:
I am up 3 pounds and my DH, he is down 17!!!!!!!!
Monica, that's not fair at all! However, since you are doing everything right, the scale bounce can't be real. It's just trying to drive you crazy.

Quote:
I honestly doubt I'll make it though our x-fest/concert weekend without at least some juice in my cocktails. Plus there's a taco truck that's supposed to be amazing for the going away party the night before. I'll play it by ear, but have a feeling that weekend will be carbfest... then the wedding... eh, we'll see. Then Sept 13th we have an all day festival thing and we get VIP free bbq lunch plus nacho bar and all you can drink beer/soda/water. I'm not big on beer, so may just plan on being the DD that day. Again, we'll see. Then Sept 24-26 I have a road trip with the girls...
Tami, you're having way too much fun!!
Being the DD on "beer night", see, that's what I'm talking about - "How can we have our cake and eat it too??" Saving the calories for something you DO care about!!

As for me...I'm amazed at how easy things became when I wrestled the carb monster to the mat. Now, I just have to be careful not to fall into a 'food rut'! It's incredible how much trouble I can get into when I get bored.

Time to register the kid for school again! Happy Thursday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Oh, Monica, good for DH, but SO not fair!!! I'm up two pounds overnight... only I can do strict lowcarb and gain weight. Had sodium laden wings, so not changing siggy again unless those two pounds stick around and they better not! This is getting silly. If I had any ideas for tweaking I'd certainly share, but nothing I've done as of late has worked at all DS is a cutie. Getting through HS and out of that judgmental environment asap is going to be so good for him.

Lynne, I AM having way too much fun. It's a blast... but I was happier doing all of this stuff when I was smaller and in better shape. I need to get back to walking & maybe even jogging again. Sigh. Soon. You're right, though, getting that carb monster off your back is a big help. lol @ the trouble you find when bored

Happy Thursday girls! Off to babysit here in a little bit! Love love love that little munchkin
Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I love that (Dr. Who) shirt!! I'm a Whovian, too.

Lynne
He is a HUGE WHOVIAN!!!!!!! HE has watched those shows numerous times!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #306

Quote:
As for me...I'm amazed at how easy things became when I wrestled the carb monster to the mat. Now, I just have to be careful not to fall into a 'food rut'! It's incredible how much trouble I can get into when I get bored.
I think that is a very TRUE statement for me as well! Boredom never EQUALS success for me!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #307

Lynne any update on the lawsuit???
Old 08-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #308

Friday ---enough said!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Lynne any update on the lawsuit???
Actually, yes and no. I am becoming discouraged about it. I am feeling like my attorney is careening from one emergency to the next in the rest of her practice - emergency motions and et cetera - but because the statute of limitations is 3 years in my case, I always come in last in the priority list. It's so frustrating.

I like her. I trust her. But her management of priorities is driving me a little crazy.

It's been almost a *year* since I signed the retainer agreement! Shouldn't something have happened by now? Sometimes I feel I should just take the 5K that's on the table and get on with life.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

That's frustrating, Lynne. I don't have a ton of experience, but in our one lawsuit and from talking to others it does seem like things just take forever. Hang in there. We were at about 18 months when all was said and done - and I think our statue of limitation was 2 years... but it seemed like there was even some wiggle room there? Anyway... incredibly frustrating, but you deserve the max from this thief!

Friday... yay I was back at 208 this morning. Hmmm. It is what it is, I guess.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #311

OH Lynne that is frustrating! I have no advice I can give. The LAW is not my area. Is there any other writers you know that have been through this? Maybe ask them how their process went???

Tami - It is what it is indeed. Doesn't it make you so mad! I know it does me. Did you have any concerts you went to this weekend.

My weigh in Saturday was decent.... 179.2. Too bad my weight jumped up 3 before the whoosh. as Tami said, it is what it is!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls! Great job making it through the weekend with a loss, Monica! No concerts this weekend <gg> (next weekend ) We did do two dart tourney's, though. Our regular Friday night tourney where I barely scraped by into 3rd place and then we went to a new place Saturday with a much bigger crowd. I was a nervous wreck! I didn't have a ranking in their system so we got their early so I could make that happen... however the guy running the tournament aka the one person who could get that all set up showed up late! They eventually just assigned me a rating which ended up being fairly close, but yeah it all just helped add to my nervousness. I actually threw better early on when I was nervous, hands shaking and all. lol. Thankfully as I cooled off my partner heated up and we managed to go undefeated & won the whole thing! Apparently I'm a natural at darts, but going out to these other venues and playing with new (some much more skilled) players should make me better. I try not to think of that side of it. I just keep telling myself we're only doing this to have FUN!

We were up early this morning and I forgot to jump on the scale. BBQ'd at my sister's yesterday afternoon - maybe a few too many berries & sf whipped cream, but otherwise did well.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #313

Great job! Who knew, YOU were a natural for DARTS! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
That's frustrating, Lynne. I don't have a ton of experience, but in our one lawsuit and from talking to others it does seem like things just take forever. Hang in there. We were at about 18 months when all was said and done - and I think our statue of limitation was 2 years... but it seemed like there was even some wiggle room there? Anyway... incredibly frustrating, but you deserve the max from this thief!
You're right, of course. Thanks for talking me down off the ledge.

It's so cool that you've found a fun activity like darts. And you're a natural! That's something you can win money at, right?? I mean, you already have, so obviously the answer is yes, but...what I mean is that winning money is fun, too.

Aww, Monica, the weight will come down. Hang in there! As you say, it is what it is.

It turns out there's a name for my new WOE - carbohydrate addicts diet. I am loving it!! I don't know how much weight I'm losing, if any, but it sure feels good.

So...I guess I must be a carbohydrate addict.

Have you guys heard of it? If so, does it actually work? I don't want to get too excited about it yet, it's too easy.

That's pretty much it for me - back to work. Happy Monday!!

Lynne
Old 08-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #315

Lynne - I have read the book they put out....many years ago. I think there is even a forum here for it CAD! I tried it back when I was LCing in 2002. I tended to just maintain but I never got the 1/3 plate stuff down and I can mull through a bunch of food in 1 hour. I did use it for when I was having special events while LCing. I would limit my carbing to just 60 minutes. Check out the seciton on this site.

Had a good Monday. We attended the High School open house. I think DS15 has some cool teachers. I am so happy for that. I did find out he is still cutting. He and I were chatting last night. Not sure what to make of that. I guess, he isn't going out late on the weekends, he isn't drinking, or such....maybe it is what it is??? I hate it though.

DD here and I am hungry. Working out more and hitting the gym at 5:00 a.m. Means by 8:00 I am getting hungry!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lynne - I have read the book they put out....many years ago. I think there is even a forum here for it CAD! I tried it back when I was LCing in 2002. I tended to just maintain but I never got the 1/3 plate stuff down and I can mull through a bunch of food in 1 hour. I did use it for when I was having special events while LCing. I would limit my carbing to just 60 minutes. Check out the seciton on this site.

Had a good Monday. We attended the High School open house. I think DS15 has some cool teachers. I am so happy for that. I did find out he is still cutting. He and I were chatting last night. Not sure what to make of that. I guess, he isn't going out late on the weekends, he isn't drinking, or such....maybe it is what it is??? I hate it though.

DD here and I am hungry. Working out more and hitting the gym at 5:00 a.m. Means by 8:00 I am getting hungry!
Yeah, so far I'm just maintaining, too. And I did find the CAD page (finally!) under "other plans". I wondered why I couldn't find them! Well hidden.

I think DS telling you what he's doing is a good sign. Maybe it is what it is, as you say. I hate it too, but compared with other self-destructive things? Not so bad.

Maybe a protein shake for the gym? I don't know. Hunger and exercise for me go hand in hand.

Good for you, hitting the gym!!

Lynne
Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #317

Lynne you are right. Hunger with exercise is expected. Just hard on a DD. I finished yesterday's DD at around 650c. NOT BAD! 179.2 this morning.

We got word, my Uncle passed last night. Thankfuly that his suffering has ended.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lynne you are right. Hunger with exercise is expected. Just hard on a DD. I finished yesterday's DD at around 650c. NOT BAD! 179.2 this morning.

We got word, my Uncle passed last night. Thankfuly that his suffering has ended.
Good job, you!! That's fantastic!

And I am so sorry for your loss.

Lynne

P.S. Nothing to report here, except that DS is *so* grounded. He spent yesterday assaulting random strangers at the grocery store and this morning bullying birds. Apparently I'm not the only one in the family who is dangerous when bored!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #319

OH Lynne, sorry, I had to chuckle! Gavin is ready for school to start, isn't he?? When is that?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle, though I'm glad he's no longer suffering. Also sorry to hear about DS. I do think Lynne's right and it's a good thing he's talking to you about it. Did he say whether it had subsided during summer and picked back up with the stress of school? Just curious more than anything. Poor kiddo. Hate thinking that he needs that release, you know? Even if it isn't as bad as the alternatives, which it surely is not. Sigh... Kudos on getting to the gym nice and early. Will the 5 calorie sugar free jello's even make a dent in your hunger? I love those things!

Lynne, I haven't looked into CAD, but no doubt I'm a carb addict. Guess I should spend some time in that side of the board, too. Gavin, Gavin, Gavin... smh... little stinker. Ya gotta love 'em <3 And yeah, you can make a little money at darts, some people make a living of it, but those people are FEW and far between. I won $12 Friday (think hubby ended up with double that) and $75 on Saturday. Entry was $10 a piece on Friday and I think the same on Saturday, so while it's fun I don't think I'll count on it to cover any bills

Scale was down just a tiny bit this morning to 206. Better than 210... I'm going to try to stay on track Friday night, but probably not Saturday night & Sunday. I'm thinking it just won't be feasible Saturday night and once I blow it I may as well enjoy Sunday. Addicted? Nah.... lol
Old 08-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #321

Tami - aren't we all addicted. Me? I think it is just to FOOD in general! I just love it all!

I hit the gym this morning, so I was starving. I went ahead and ate 2 eggs and a piece of toast. That's 200c, hoping to just have 200 more before tonight. Might have some stirfry veggies tonight? Not sure???

Tami, I am not a Jello fan, not at all. Honestly, I don't like yogurt either, but lately I have been forcing down the 100c Greek ones so I can keep my protein up on a DD! HATE IT though. Too slurpy and just YUCKY!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, ladies!!

Monica, he starts school again the first of September. (where's the Hallelujah chorus icon??) Good thing he's cute.

He's definitely 'getting the picture' of "grounded". The only icon I could find for it on his communication software is a stick figure in jail.

Yogurt suggestion: if you haven't tried the Yoplait greek 100c LEMON flavor yet, OMG, do. It's the best thing ever.

Tami, the CAD board is not that active. Now that I read around, I realize that I've actually done CAD before. I forgot. It worked okay, but I had a problem with carb-creep on my reward meal. Which...made all the rest of the day HARD!!

So, I'm sticking to low-carb desserts at reward meal, and low-glycemic high fiber bread if I want it...and in proportion. I don't really sweat the thirds of the plate, I just try to keep it balanced.

I'm also trying to keep ALL my meals rewarding, not just the carb-allowed one.

And...I think the Zoloft helps? Whatever it is, I'm perfectly satisfied with moderation. It's the same way I felt while strictly low-carbing, except I can eat whatever I want every day. The weight is not flying off, however. It might be sloooow going.

The darts tournaments sound very entertaining! And you go home with a little "extra" money. Are you spoiling the baby with your winnings?

Sigh. I miss Danielle. Not that you two aren't awesome; you ARE!

(If I knew how to embed video, I'd insert a yt video of Sammy davis jr singing 'come back to me' here, like...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6T7aKodFc . )

Come back to us, Danielle!!

Happy Thursday!!
Lynne
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #323

Lynne - thanks for the tip! Funny the icon you used with Gavin so he would understand grounded. So you all start back to school after labor day? That's the way it always was with me growing up. Now schools get out for Teachers Meetings/ongoing education stuff, early out every Wednesday for teacher planning....that's why we have to start so early in August. The plus to that is, we do get out the Thursday before Memorial day!

Funeral stuff this weekend. I hope my Aunt Bev and her son Brent do ok. I will be fine, it's them that will truly feel the loss. I will see a lot of people tonight and tomorrow that I haven't seen in YEARS! It will be good to see all....too bad it is for this!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Monica -
Yes, he goes back right after Labor day. (!!)

It's sorta funny how funerals are that way, huh? Sad, but happy to see all the people you haven't seen in years!

TGIFriday!!!!
Lynne
Old 08-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck at the funeral, Monica... always good to see friends and family... hopefully everyone will be emotionally ok.

LOL at the stick figure in jail, Lynne. Whatever works! lol

Got a quick kiss from the baby this morning, but not too much spoiling... we've been picking up stuff for the niece's baby more than anything. Picked up a bazillion onsies & sleepers slightly used for $20 the other day. She could be set on clothes now if she needed to be... but of course I see a few more cute outfits in her future. lol. We haven't had a baby girl in the family since my niece (the mom) was a baby! lol

Off to PARTY the weekend away! All packed & just going to chill for a little bit while hubby cleans the van & then gets himself ready & then we're out the door! YAY!!! Have a great weekend you two! Oh, and I told Danielle we missed her. She has a lot going on, but checks in to read PM's every once in a while
Old 08-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Off to PARTY the weekend away!
I hope you have a fantastic time!!!

See ya Monday!!

Lynne
Old 08-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

In recovery mode... Friday night going away party was amazing... Saturday's music fest not so much. Rough crowd and a good number of them were simply looking for trouble. Sigh... I'm pretty easy going, but it really wasn't a ton of fun. Moonshine Bandits were sandwiched between two rap/hiphop bands... no stereotyping... I like both of those bands, too, but crowd was really a pain, sound system sucked, eh... whole thing was just 'ok'. Thank God we went down a day early and had a BLAST Friday night or I would have been pissed at spending all that money for the hotel. Live & learn

So I get to restart again tomorrow. lol. Was good Friday, even taking my Mio to the going away party.. but threw in the towel Saturday and munching my way through today... sigh...

See ya' manana
Old 08-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #328

I'm restarting right with you girl! I ate my way through the entire weekend! Hoping for a solid DD today!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!

So far this WOE is awesome, and I'm looking better (if I do say so myself ) and my clothes are fitting better...but I haven't lost an OUNCE in two weeks!

Why, why, why???

(Snivel. Snarf.)

I'm on to something here, I'm not giving it up. Just have to tweak it a bit. I'm not giving up half and half in my coffee. Everything else is semi-negotiable.

Happy Tuesday, ladies!
Lynne
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #330

Tweaking is my eating LIFE! How are things with you girl???

Today is a Down Day! I'm hungry. Lately I have been eating 2 eggs in the a.m. so I don't just sit around starving! I will try to hold off till after 8 to eat those.