Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It's Friday! My girl leaves camp today (my parents are picking her up). We will meet them tomorrow to bring her home! She will be VERY VERY SAD! She hasn't bothered texting me much and she hasn't called once. Something tells me she isn't MISSING ME!

DS15 is doing great. He came up and gave me another hug/told me he loved me again yesterday. I think I could get used to this! Happy MOMMA here!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Lynne!

Lynne, well meat and egg went ok. I went totally off briefly last night and am about to order Pizza... sigh... anyway... I am going to try it again next week. For some reason I just can't make diet the main focus right now.

Go get those publishers! Can't wait to hear it's all over and justice has been served!

Monica, so glad the kids are having a good summer!

Concert last night was amazing again They upped the energy even further somehow. Good stuff

Have a good weekend!!!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:31 AM   #273

Tami sounds like you are enjoying yourself. I too am having trouble focusing. Seeing numbers on the scale I am not PLEASED with. DH thinks our scale is weighing 5 pounds heavy! I can only DREAM that he is right about that!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning, ladies -
I agree with you all about the difficulty focusing on the diet right now! I want to have fun and enjoy my life!

The weather has been absolutely perfect here. It looks like it's taking a turn for the foggy and dark today - maybe it will send the tourists home. They've been swarming like locusts lately

Gavin has been using his AAC device (iPad, communication software) to make up 'music' out of words. Interesting. He's so relentlessly musical, I guess I shouldn't be surprised! But he's only recently become creative, using imaginative play and such. I'm loving it - my little wordsmith!!

Back on topic: I'm not happy with my tendency to gain a bunch of weight when I'm not 'focused' on dieting. How do I change this?? Ideas?

Happy Monday!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #275

Quote:
Back on topic: I'm not happy with my tendency to gain a bunch of weight when I'm not 'focused' on dieting. How do I change this?? Ideas?

Happy Monday!
Lynne
I wish I had the answer for that too!

DH jumped back on plan after not having a Down Day for MONTHS. He lost 12 pounds in one week. Life is not fair at all! I mean, he thinks about it and loses weight! Not sure if the scale is wonk or what...but it isn't being so KIND to me! GRRRRR
Old 07-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
DH jumped back on plan after not having a Down Day for MONTHS. He lost 12 pounds in one week. Life is not fair at all!
Wow. That is SO not fair. It's impressive, though!!

I'm going to jump back on plan, too. I just don't feel good without DDs.

Cheers!
Lynne
Old 07-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, love that Gavin is becoming more creative and using the software to make music. Good stuff.

No help whatsoever on preventing the weight from coming on hard and fast. It's not fair at all. I went off plan Thursday night and gained about 6 pounds between then and Monday morning. Took over half of it off yesterday, but geez. I keep hoping one of these restarts will convince the scale to *keep* moving, but that hasn't really happened. I'm still 20 pounds over siggy weight from April. Blah. I'm doing mostly meat/egg this week. Mostly eggs, but allowing myself some meat for dinner if I want it - had wings last night
Old 07-30-2014, 06:13 AM   #278

Lynne jump back on! Never know, you might lose 12 in one week too!

Tami - it just stinks doesn't it. GOES up so very easily but down....is like pulling teeth!

Quiet week for us. No softball. So we are just hanging out. My Nephew is getting married on Saturday so we took off Friday. DH is a reader in the wedding so we have to do the rehearsal and dinner Friday night. I am making Friday and Saturday Up days and then will do a DD on Sunday
Old 08-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, enjoy your extra day off and the wedding and all involved with it! Always a happy time!

Same old same old here. Scale stopped at that initial water weight loss. I had a salad for dinner last night and am looking forward to another for lunch. I do always feel better w/out simple carbs, so I just keep plugging along. I have a feeling I need to up activity, but haven't managed to make that a habit either. Oh-well. Darts tonight, visiting a friend at a dog one day this weekend and hoping to take the jeep out the other day.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #280

How was your weekend girl?

the wedding was really nice. My nephew looked so handsome and his wife, beautiful! It was a long day. I didn't do 1/2 as much and I was wiped out. I have no idea how they did it!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Weekend was good. Ended up meeting my dog friend for dinner Saturday night instead of going to the dog show. Texas Roadhouse is always yummy - sometimes too yummy! Had a crack up of a partner at darts Friday night. We do a random draw and I had never met this guy before. He was nice enough and we ended up winning, but my first impression was drunk old guy with no teeth who couldn't hear me. lol It was too funny. Otherwise all was quiet here as hubby worked all weekend.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #282

Tami, that is a quiet weekend!

I am hoping this coming weekend will be more quiet for us!

It's Tuesday, that's one day better than Monday!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

And now it's Wednesday and really *almost* Friday Eve

Hope you get your quiet weekend... goodness knows you deserve one!

How's your foot doing?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 AM   #284

It's Friday-Eve now !!! Woohoo

Foot is ok. I have switched to going to the gym and using the arc trainer. It's like an eliptical. Should provide good cardio while having little effect on my foot

You have plans for the weekend ?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

The gym & arc trainer sounds like a nice alternative. Glad you're still able to work out while your foot heals.

No real plans... a new-ish (seems like they've been here 2-3 months) neighbor is having a housewarming party Saturday and other than that just trying to lay low and not spend much money because the end of this month is going to be really expensive
Old 08-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #286

What's up at the end of the month???
Old 08-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #287

have a good weekend TAMI!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #288

You still here tami?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, hun! I'm here I'm here

How's your Monday going?

End of the month... the 22nd/23rd we have a going away party followed by this huge concert the next night: Xclamation! Festival 08.23.14 Both are out of town, so hotel reservations for two nights, plus lots of fun money Then the following weekend we have a wedding, not too far away, but for now we have a hotel reservation for that evening as well. If money gets tight I may cancel that reservation & we can just drive home after. Ordered clothes for the wedding last week, so as long they work we'll be good. It's a Friday evening wedding, semi-formal.... sigh... of course I live in capris/jeans & t's/tanks. lol
Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #290

I feel your pain girl. August means, back to school fees, back to school supplies, back to school clothes and my windshield has a crack that is running like wildfire....and my insurance said, no worries we contract with a place that will replace it for under $600 --- OH MY GOODNESS thank you so very much.....NOT!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
sigh... of course I live in capris/jeans & t's/tanks. lol
Me, too! Sounds like you're going to have some fun, though.

Lynne
Old 08-12-2014, 05:22 AM   #292

It's Tuesday! Lynne

Had a good DD yesterrday and the scale still the same....181.2
Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Monica!

I'm sorry to say I've gained quite a bit of weight back. I stood on the scale this morning and it said 210! Bad news!!

I'm back at it, though (Never say die!) and yes, have tweaked things yet again. I suppose I should change my signature.

* 1/2 gallon of water
* supplements (including chromium picolinate and all the stuff Dr. Atkins recommended in DANDR)
* lc breakfast and lunch, induction level
* regular-including-carbs dinner, with 1 small glass of wine(!) and 1 lc dessert(!)

So far I'm okay with a small glass of wine a day - I feel more like a grownup and enjoy my dinner more. I drink 2 glasses of water with it, and I'm standing by warily to show it the door if it misbehaves.

My intention is to slowly reduce the number of calories in the lc meals every other day for calorie cycling. Once I get my blood sugar stable, that should be easier. Right?

Wish me luck, ladies. Here we go again!

Happy Tuesday!!
Lynne
Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Monica... wow I do don't miss all the back to school stuff! My oldest has been gathering supplies for college all by himself. Hip Hip Hooray!!! Sorry about the windshield, too. Definitely call around.

Lynne, so good to see you! We're in exactly the same boat and are nearly the exact same weight. How does this happen so quickly and easily? How about we change our siggy's together? I didn't get on the scale this morning, but I know I'm between 205-210
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #295

Lynne it sounds like you have a plan! Did you just start this plan this week? Good luck with just 1 small glass of WINE! Me, I like my glasses of wine BIG and FULL and typically have a minimum of 2 .

Tami - it is that time of year! I should call around on the windshield. Good idea!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #296

Tami I called around. I can save $40 if I leave it at my house and have a local place come and fix it. Other than that, the quotes have all been exactly the same.

It actually is $550 not $600
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #297

Baby girls first day of 7th grade!!!!!!

Yesterday was a good UD, a little low on calories...which I have never ever HAD!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Ooh, I like the fingernails!!

Thank you for the support, ladies! So far so good. Completely, completely painless (but let's see how it works before we celebrate...)

As for "why do we gain the weight back so fast?" Tami - I know, right?? Not fair! - apparently we've got reaaaally good famine genes.

Monica, I hear you about the wine! I liked that FB meme that said, "they say a glass of wine is healthy for you. Never mentioned how many times you should fill it."

Shall we *actually* start a new challenge along with signature changes? I'm still using my spring fling siggie, as you can see. Don't want to rush into the decision or anything.

It is raining here on the Oregon coast. Not much, but enough to be gloomy and a little cold. I'm reminded that the nasty portion of the year is on the way!

A momma deer with a little spotted baby walked through our backyard this morning on a grazing tour!

Back to work for me - Happy Wednesday!!
Lynne
Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, your baby's growing up, Monica. Exciting stuff! Bummer about the windshield. Sigh.

Lynne, we definitely have AMAZING famine proof genes! lol Glad your plan is working out well! You always rock it when you set your mind to it. I went ahead and changed my siggy. It's ugly. It was really really hard to delete that 184... sigh. I'm going to go hard as long as I can. I honestly doubt I'll make it though our x-fest/concert weekend without at least some juice in my cocktails. Plus there's a taco truck that's supposed to be amazing for the going away party the night before. I'll play it by ear, but have a feeling that weekend will be carbfest... then the wedding... eh, we'll see. Then Sept 13th we have an all day festival thing and we get VIP free bbq lunch plus nacho bar and all you can drink beer/soda/water. I'm not big on beer, so may just plan on being the DD that day. Again, we'll see. Then Sept 24-26 I have a road trip with the girls... hmmm... yeah... starting a new challenge isn't right at the top of my priority list, but God knows I need to do something.

This week's going well so far and I think I've lost the water weight from last weekend's madness.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #300

Quote:
they say a glass of wine is healthy for you. Never mentioned how many times you should fill it."
LOVE THAT!

I am all for a new challenge! GOODNESS knows I have failed many! What shall we name it???