Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Good Morning LCF's,

Blue---I'm so glad you're feeling better! WTG on getting back into the 170's!

Lori---Enjoy your day off from working out. You definitely deserve it and it'll keep your body guessing

Ok, so as much as I'm really trying not to get discouraged over that scale. I have to admit this morning I got up, weighed myself and was exactly the same. I was pretty upset. I'm eating really well these days. 20 carbs or below, no cheating, working out. But then the poop fairy visited (TMI, I know lol) and lost another pound so just 1 more pound to get back to my lowest low. So, I'm feeling pretty good again!

I also wanted to tell you guys about my dinner last night. I made cheesesteak stuffed green peppers. Wow! So good!! I threw in some sautéed mushrooms and onions. Everyone loved it and it was low carb. I won't tell them if you don't

Have a great low carb day!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
OMG Michelle...your dinner last night sounds wonderful! Glad the scale moved down a pound for you. I'll weigh tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope for a loss......we'll see.

I enjoyed my easy morning since I didn't go to boot camp, but my cat forgot that I told her we didn't have to get up so early. Sigh....she got me up at our "boot camp" time of 4:15. You see why I call her my furry alarm clock? So I had lots of time to drink coffee and surf the net this morning.

I've spent the morning trying to find decent airfares to Barcelona Spain for October. We're going on a cruise and I keep hoping the prices will come down for the flight, but no luck. I'm starting to worry that they'll keep going up so I'd like to just bite the bullet and book them and forget about it! Driving me nuts!

Ok...time to grab a bit of lunch. Have a good day!
Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
OMG Michelle...your dinner last night sounds wonderful! Glad the scale moved down a pound for you. I'll weigh tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope for a loss......we'll see.

I enjoyed my easy morning since I didn't go to boot camp, but my cat forgot that I told her we didn't have to get up so early. Sigh....she got me up at our "boot camp" time of 4:15. You see why I call her my furry alarm clock? So I had lots of time to drink coffee and surf the net this morning.

I've spent the morning trying to find decent airfares to Barcelona Spain for October. We're going on a cruise and I keep hoping the prices will come down for the flight, but no luck. I'm starting to worry that they'll keep going up so I'd like to just bite the bullet and book them and forget about it! Driving me nuts!

Ok...time to grab a bit of lunch. Have a good day!

You know I read somewhere that the cheapest flights are on Tuesday at 3 pm. That may not work for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Funny little NSV today.

I was running on my treadmill and my pants fell down! OMG I didn't realize they had even gotten that big. I will have to start making use of the drawstrings I guess. There's nothing like your pants falling down to stop you in your tracks, literally! Needless to say it was pretty hard to stop laughing and continue working out LOL! I'm so glad I work out in the privacy of my own home. How embarrassing that would've been at a gym!

I also lost another couple of inches from my waist and hips area! I just had to check after my pants fell down
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Oh geez! Thank goodness you didn't fall and smash your face on the treadmill or something!

You'll be having a laugh about that for years!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Lori---My experience these days is that the longer you wait to book the more expensive it gets---unlike the old days. They have cut flights way down and they seem to book up fast these days. I've lost some better deals waiting too long. msgoody's Tues. at 3 thing is interesting though. Will have to try that sometime, if I can remember, and that's a big IF, LOL.

I know what you mean about the PB calories. I love spicy pumpkin seeds, tiny little darlin's, pretty LC, but you can just eat 'em and eat 'em till they've added up to some pretty significant calories. I have to parcel them out, or I'd easily eat a meal or more worth of calories.

msgoody---hahahahahahahaha! The old pants falling down thing. Beautiful and yet so happy to have it be a private moment. This is a GREAT and funny NSV. But make no mistake about it, they fell down because there's a lot less of you then there used to be. So glad you measured!

Quick note on regularity, digestion and yes, "the poop fairy." Was just reading an article the other day talking about the fact that as we weigh ourselves every morning, we may or may not have digested or dispensed with even half the food we ate yesterday. It's all part of our body cycles which are often longer than 24 hours. Since I cut my carbs more, I've been less regular, despite the magnesium I take every night.

Trigger--- Where are you girl? Looking forward to hearing about your adventures at the water park.

Good day here. Got lots of work done. Had a cobb salad for lunch, going to have steak and green beans for dinner.

Keeping up with my water. Need to note this to myself, because I really go on and off, but have been very consistent lately. I really think it makes a difference. Have noticed that while I may still bounce a bit, the spectrum of the bounces is much smaller.

Have a nice night gals.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
wow Blue, it was worrisome reading about your attack. that is super scary!
I get 'small' ones of those. there was a time where they wanted to escalate and I was heading that way, and somehow I turned it around. whew. believe me they can be absolutely paralyzing. my problems were longer car trips and being away from home and I got heading into panic mode. very freaky. so far so good for me right now.
Glad they aren't totally a daily thing for you!

the treadmill was funny to read. losing your drawers MsGoody! I was in the grocery today walking down the aisle and just constanly hiking up my jeans. got annoying to me actually. which is good I guess. If I raise up to the higher stuff on the shelf my jeans want to go way down LOL not good in public

I am kinda wicked sick right now. the grey wolf lodge was nice. tube slides were very fun. the 'tornado' was outstanding and scary which I did a few times I thought of Blue when I hit that tornado for the first time, screaming a bit, but said "this one is for you girl!!" the inside water park was SO STEAMING HOT that the air to me was nothing but a steamer for germs

I can't talk at all. yesterday when we came home I was out of breath, lost my voice, all sinsus dead clogged, horrible sore throat, throat a bit swelled, i in la-la land big time, eyes a mess and all that fun stuff. this morning woke up feeling like I can't breath so off to Dr. got put on antibiotics. going back later for allergy tests. My gal dr. wasn't there so I got a new guy. very nice man. easy to chat with and funny. like him. good back up when my Dr. Suzanne is available. he said he thinks on top of vicious allergies I got 'something' from the tropical heat mess at that pool loaded with snotty kids LOL eh, maybe LOL. he thinks for sure I am allergic to dog in house and new horse. oh lucky me!!!!

breathing is labored but he said lungs sound perfect. all in the throat to head. I can't walk far without seeming like my breath is gone. funky crappola. supposed to ride tomorrow but gonna wait til monday. gotta recover. this is truly putting me off my game.

up like 4 lbs from the trip cause I sodium'd myself out. the herb roasted chicken was salty....in fact it all seemed like a salt lick at their buffet. no biggie. will drop that fast.

I did not eat one thing that was not LC except for a bit of sweet bbq sauce on some ribs on the buffet. I stuck to lc ways.

good thing internet is type and not talk. family is going bonkers with me not talking. they just aren't used to it will be interesting to see how I am tomorrow morning with the anitbiotics. hope they work fast and help.

see ya later guys. I am wiped out. off I go to veg out.

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-23-2014 at 07:20 PM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Trig...so sorry you caught the "crud". There is so much of it going around. Hope the antibiotics do their magic quickly. I also hope it doesn't turn out that you're allergic to your new horse! It's always something, isn't it?

I managed to squeak in with a 1/2 lb loss this week. I was hoping to get into a new "decade" on the scale, but that will have to wait. I'm out of lunch stuff, so I'll have to buy something today. I may go to the salad bar at our grocery store and make a nice salad. I'll wait and see what strikes me at the time.

I'm off to boot camp in a few minutes. It felt good to take yesterday off.

I'll be back to check on you all later.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Lori---WTG on that 1/2 pound! It's definitely better than a gain!

Trigger---Welcome back! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon! Great Job on sticking to LC. That bloat will be gone in no time! Just drink lots of water, which will be really good for you while you're sick anyway.

Blue---I agree that the regularity is definitely an issue with Low Carbing. I had pretty major issues with it the last time I did Atkins. This time it's definitely not as bad. The magnesium really does help. I also think when you work out it helps to keep things moving. I don't know if that's really true, but for me it seems like that area is a little better.

Today my weight is the same. The kiddos are back to school today. It will be a nice peaceful day and I can get some stuff done here. My plan for the day is 20 or less carbs and I'm going to increase my water intake. Which will probably be a little challenging for me. I really can't stand water but I just want to see if that helps me see a change. I may add a little lemon to spruce it up

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

On the regularity front, I used to have lots of problems ever since I was a kid. A couple years ago I started taking Pearls...it's an itty bitty probiotic pill. I take it every day right before dinner and it has made the world of difference for me. It took a little while to get in a rhythm, but now I go nearly every day, sometimes every other. I used to be lucky to go twice a week! It is not a laxative or softener......I'm not sure how it works. Anyway, helps me have a normal "movement", no struggle or anything.

Boot camp this morning was brutal. My shoulders are killing me. My mind is trying to talk me out of going tomorrow, but I really need to since I'll be doing a whole lot of nothing over the weekend. We'll be in Gettysburg with our son as he does a marathon. Our hotel is right beside some outlets, so I hope to do a little shopping too. I like the Under Armour outlet for workout stuff. I don't really need anything, but that has never stopped me before!

I bit the bullet and booked airfare this morning for Barcelona. I'm just so relieved to have it done. Spent more than I was hoping to, but what are you gonna do? It's too far to swim to catch our ship!

Good luck getting your water in today Michelle.....
Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks guys, working on getting better

MsGoody, I can live on lemon water. it is super good for ya! drink away! you stay LC gal and you will drop inches again without that scale budging. smaller size at a higher weight. gotta love that!!! I sure do!

Lori that boot camp sounds brutal but you sure are a go-getter keeping up with it! GOOD for you! barcelona, WOW.

----on a cruddy note I am up almost 2 more lbs. HUH??? being sick? the antibiotics??
too much salt and not enough water? all the sinus pills and more that I have taken??

so I am at about 202.5 this morning---far cry from my 197.5 the other day.

this trip knocked my butt for a loop somehow and it has ticked me off to the max.
throat horrible still. no talking barely a whisper. but doing better in general so maybe another day should be good? hope so.

just gonna take it easy for a bit and not worry about the scale. it will all drop off in time. when sick weird things go on for me so I am not giving it another thought

everyone be cool!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

I have some pretty great NSV news! I've been having a lot of these lately. I guess that's what happens when the scale won't budge lol

My body fat % is now in the healthy range! It's so great to see something happening!!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo!!! Great work Michelle!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Late check in tonight. Ran like crazy for work today, then off to meet a dear friend for dinner at a totally fab restaurant. Just home now.

Trigger---Wow girl, sounds like you really got socked with a bad bug. Glad it didn't hit in time to ruin your time at the water park. Hope you are feeling better, and hey, how would that Doc know you were allergic to your horse?
Have you ever been allergic to a horse before? Just seems to me it would take a bit more evidence to know between your normal allergies---and as I said, the worst pollen season in decades, and the bug you have???

As far as those pounds up, not to worry. Sounds like a salt bloat to me. IMO, if it tastes salty when we're eating it, it's even saltier than you think. I have had 5 pound bounce ups from overly salted food, which happens eating out, not at home where you know what's going into the food you eat.

You have done SO WELL lately, and you're going to be back down to 197 in 3 or 4 days w/clean LC eating and lots of water. Just carry on w/the same spirit you've had lately, and don't let this discourage you!

Lori--- Way to go on that half pound down!!! To some that wouldn't seem like much, but I like to think of it as 2 sticks of butter off my body---puts it in perspective. These days I appreciate all my losses for what they are---progress.

Good you booked your tickets and got it off your mind. Not worth the hours searching for a better deal these days, and I find most cheap tickets, particularly w/international travel, involve insanely long flights with several stops. Barcelona here you come, you lucky ducky!

msgoody---It's SO cool how you've pushed away from your discouragement w/the scale and right into embracing those NSVs. Excellent news on the body fat thing! And see that IS the thing. Often on LC we are losing fat the body is not recording on the scale for whatever reason, but our clothing will tell us where it's at!

Speaking of which, I had an excellent NSV tonight. Met an old pal for dinner wearing a dress I bought just a month and a half ago. It was a bit pinchy then, but I loved it and love buying things to "grow" into, only the opposite, LOL. Wore it tonight and it was perfect. My pal who I had not seen for awhile, went on an on about how much weight I'd lost.

But most important is how I felt. I felt pretty. I'm kind of an old bird to feel pretty, but I did! Never felt pretty 47 pounds ago.

All our struggles, doubts and discouragements DO pay off when we push right past them and stick to it! Plus, you can darn bet I ate super LC clean tonight, because I could feel the rewards of doing so when I walked into the restaurant in that dress.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:53 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Blue! I loved your story of dinner out and the new dress! Isn't it wonderful?!

We're going out tonight to an awesome(I hear) Italian restaurant. I fear low carb will go out the window for one meal today. I'm not going to stress about it. I've been wanting to go to this place for some time and I'm going to enjoy it. We're going with 4 other couples and will have a good time.

I'm off for boot camp in a little while. I'm really feeling quite "beat up" this week, but I want to go this morning since I know I'll be eating extra tonight.
Sure hope the workout isn't as brutal as yesterday's..wow....it was a rough one!

Later!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori enjoy your dinner! have fun!

Blue your dress story was fab! I know you found your niche in life. LC is great for you and getting the results you wanted. YEA!

I don't know if I posted this or not---but when I used a shedding blade on my horse a few weeks ago I was miserable. She was in the backyard grazing, so I got the shed blade and went out and took TONS of hair off her. the hair was whipping around in the wind and I sucked in alot within 15 minutes of finishing my eyes were watering, sinus was clogged etc. so I have to assume it is critter dander getting me also. I told the Doc this and he said the dog and horse have to be triggers. I am going to set up appt for blood test for allergies soon. I wanna see if the critters are in my allergy problems or not.

doesn't matter one way or another for me. I would keep my horse and critters and never talk again and be on allergy meds forever. NOTHING is stopping me from owning this horse LOL

My other horses thru the past. no it never seemed this nasty. I have lived with sinus/allergy troubles SINCE the day I moved south. huh? I never had this problem up north. I don't know what is happening but it isn't going to change anything about my horse for me so I will live with it anyway it goes.

---------today not getting on scale. bloated up, not worth it. easy lc today along with alot of water. talking still bad. throat still sore. 'head' feels better, less cloggy, less snotty....so maybe I am coming around.

just gonna keep doing what I am doing and keep going forward each day. what else can one do

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-25-2014 at 06:55 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Trig....glad you're feeling a bit better today. I hear you about your critters......I'd take meds rather than give them up too. They are part of the family!

No such luck on the easy boot camp. Of course, the classes are never easy. He had us go outside and do some running today. It was cold! Around 40 degrees. We got all sweated up inside and then out we went. We were only out a short time, and it sort of felt good for a bit.

I'm having one of those "hungry" days. I feel like I could eat my own foot! This is dangerous on a day when I have to go out for lunch because I didn't bring anything. I HAVE to keep a lid on it and save up the carbs for tonight's dinner.

Make it a good day!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Same weight today which I honestly don't care about at all!

I am honestly amazed at what is going on with me that has nothing to do with the scale. I tried on a Size 6 today and would you believe it fit!? I wonder how long I was in an 8 and didn't know it, not that it matters but I was in a size 8 less than a week (to my knowledge). I have not been in a Size 6 since High School! It's funny how at a higher weight I'm a smaller size. That's great, love that!!! I'm truly on cloud 9 right now

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Hi all can I join in? I have allergies too. I'm not sure if it is my dogs at all but def trees and pollen dust etc. seems all yr round now but sometimes worse than others. Yay rain today washed away the pollen. My pool has been full everyday with it.
Well I had marvelous lunch out w DH. taco salad nor rice beans and chips etc but all the other LC goodies. It was yum. Carne asada. I live in Cali up north. Sac area.

Steph
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday gals! Love me a Friday night!

Lori---your evening sounds very fun. Good restaurant, good pals, good conversation, good food. My favorite kind of party! Enjoy. IMO, your tough work outs and long walks on the course give you some leeway.

Trigger---Yeah, the horse hair blowing up your nose is probably an irritant, LOL, but at least it's not like you have to do that every day. Do you feel symptoms when you ride Jade? Of course at this point, who would know if it was allergies or Jade. In any case I was so relieved to hear you can see a way around it one way or the other---was worried. I'm w/you girl, couldn't get rid of a critter I love!

Glad you're feeling a bit better today. DRINK THAT WATER! Honest to God Trig, since I've been really committed to drinking water all day, I've noticed a huge difference in bloat bounces and how long they last.

msgoody---Yay on the size 6. You're body IS changing, and all your efforts DO matter.

Lucky me, had the day off today. Had some b'day presents to buy, so went to TJMAXX and came home w/all my presents, and of course, a few treats for me. Got two great tops and some pretty bracelets. I'm going all girly whirly these days. Enjoying looking better in what I wear, and feeling so much lighter and healthier.

Tonight I'm making hubby and I tuna cheesies on Trader Joe's LC bread. Had a gunless drive thru burger for lunch. Carbs will come in under 30, water will be good. I'm telling you gals, pulling back just a bit on the carbs and upping the water has sure made a difference for me.

Hanging in there at 179.6. Bounces are smaller and less often.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL----that would be a "bun-less drive thru burger," as opposed to a "gunless" drive thru. One of my better typos, if I do say so myself.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Stephanie! You can absolutely join in. Northern California is SO beautiful, lucky you.

As I've told our dear Trigger hear, there's been all kinds of stuff on the news about this being the worst pollen year in decades---they're calling it the "pollen vortex." Not sure exactly what that means, but it doesn't sound good. Many folks I know suffering more than usual.

Hope you hang in there w/us and find what we all have here---a day to day support system that's useful, fun, and not judgmental---we do it our way, but we get it done. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Blue......you made me laugh with your gunless drive-thru burger. I was relieved to read that you didn't need your gun to get the burger!

2 big glasses of wine last night at dinner have me feeling a bit off this morning. I'm hoping a cup of coffee will set me right. Dinner was very good, but the service was not great. So slow! Our reservation was at 6 and it was at least 7:30 before we got our salads! Some people got appetizers first and they took awhile and then the salads came out. I had a grilled romaine salad with Asiago cheese...oh my it was so good. I shared it with DH. My entree was Papperdelle Pescatore, or something like that. It was wide noodles with scallops and shrimp, tomatoes, olive oil and basil. I gave DH quite a bit of the pasta as he ordered a crabcake and it didn't come with pasta. I did eat a roll and took advantage of the olive oil/balsamic dipping plate. Yum! For dessert we shared Cinnamon Gelato. It was quite good. So...good food, fun conversation with friends, but LONG night. We are not used to taking over 3 hrs for dinner!

I had several people tell me that I looked wonderful and SO thin. I wore black pants & shirt and an open fly away long lightweight sweater in a leopard print. It's new and it was the first time I wore it.....love it!

Well...that was probably more than you needed to know about my evening, but there it is. We're off for Gettysburg sometime this morning.

Welcome Stephanie! As you can see, we just pop in here and tell each other about our days. Fun group!

Have a good weekend all!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

gun-less burger drive thru. that is hysterical. I can picture ya robbing the drive thru for a BUN now HAHA

Sounds like a fun time Lori. glad you enjoyed yourself. good food and good people are always a nice thing in life

Welcome Steph! join the allergy group LOL. I am miserable from them to the max. they are starting to take me down literally. but one survives. I see you just started atkins. work it and results are great!!

----for me. bleck. double bleck. I am up another lb. WTH? this anibiotic is kicking my butt. I am bloat to the max. tummy going wonky now. making it feel crampy.
sore throat is 'kinda' gone but around. sinus are clearning up with alot of tissues being used Dr. gave me a huge bottle of pills. seems like I will be on them a long time.

eating lc but I am retaining something definitely. salad for lunch with tuna. bacon burgers for dinner tonight. not sure how much I will eat. tummy is getting into that revolt stage now!

getting bread order happening soon. onion pockets will be bought !!

rock on everyone!!!!

oh and I hear we have like 3-4 days of thunderstorms, possible tornados and wind coming our way. geez, like that is something new. this weather is the pits !! sunny today so doing some outside stuff. gotta work thru the pollen somehow.

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-26-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin' all.

Lori---Your meal sounds yummy, if late. And it seems you did it just right, imo, enjoyed a bit of pasta, a roll and a couple bites of dessert. The perfect treat night, not overboard but enjoyable. Your outfit sounds very sleek and chic. Isn't it fun? And when people notice we're slimmer it's SO motivating to keep on keeping' on. Have a great time in Gettysburg and good luck to your son in the marathon!

We've got an Italian meal coming up too, tonight at our house. Having two couples over for a spaghetti dinner. My hubby makes the BEST spaghetti sauce in the world, hands down. Really, people come running when they know he's making it.

And of course, I love it on pasta. So what to do? Here's my plan. I'm going to have his sauce on Italian sausages with sautéed onions. And maybe I'm going to have a half cup of pasta, which is about 20 NCs and not much. Then there's the garlic bread and strawberry pie for dessert.…oh dear. Also a nice salad and steamed artichokes, so hopefully I'll concentrate on those.

So I'm eating super clean all day, no carbs till dinner. Hope I don't earn myself the hog wilder. Been very good since SD, and still hanging in there at 179.8. Don't really want to see that eight again tomorrow morning.

Off to the grocery store for some stuff we need for tonight. Going to splurge and pick up some pretty spring flowers for my table. I love setting a pretty table!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trig,

We were posting at the same time and I missed yours while I was writing mine. I think I've heard that antibiotics can be bloating, not sure. In any case, as long as you're eating clean LC, we know it's just water and wonkiness probably from being ill.

Let me know what you think of the onion buns when you get them, had them last night for tuna cheesies --- was going to have the Trader Joe's LC bread, but the onion pockets arrived in the later afternoon, less carbs and so yummy with tuna salad and cheese.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Blue---skip the pasta. have the bread instead. BREAD SOPPING up that DELISH sauce from your hubby is better than the pasta big time

I make chicken parm alot. I sautee a chicken breast real flat, top with couple tsp. of sauce, add cheese and melt. OMG! I eat 2 and I never even think about pasta.

Pasta to me is a filler. has no real flavor at all to me. something to hold sauce. I would rather sop with bread LOL...that combo is killer delish. Girl use those carbs for the yummy garlic bread instead of pasta!

I am doing 'nothing'-- I shampoo'd part of the rug where the dog left me some nice pee, love that muttley , vacuum, laundry, mop kitchen. you know the drill. wtih the trip and few days of ick, I moving slow so I gotta get stuff done. figured inside is better than that pollen !

1:30 here and all I had was one glass of water. not hungry. hmm.... I bet I will be up a lb tomorrow--God help me

Your night sounds wonderful Blue...you enjoy!!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Hey I stayed on course really well yesterday and I am 1.5 down. yay. so no confusion now how I am going to eat. LC my way under 20 for now. I get my order soon cant wait. My sister had Diabetes and is on a dr. Prescribed diet like 80 carbs a day up to 200 or something. South Beach how do you lose on that? is it only to manage blood sugar? she needs to lose weight too tho.
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---that chicken parm sounds delishmo! Do you pound the chicken flat? I'm so going to try this. In fact, I just bought some amazing parmesan at the grocery store. The tasters were out and I had a cube of it and it just exploded with joy in my mouth. Good parmesan is worth a bit more, imo.

I think you're right about the pasta vs. the bread. Although I'm a world class noodle twirler. Get my big old spoon and spin that fork against it till it's fat w/a big wad of spaghetti. I love the texture of al dente pasta. But no, I won't be in super spinner mode tonight.

This is the meal I always requested for my birthday, all my growing up years---except for it was always angel food cake w/mom's homemade butter frosting for dessert. Those were the days. I was shooting up like a weed, skinny as a rail and could eat like a half back, burp, and be skinnier.

I'm really going to try to just taste tonight, but I can tell it's going to be a tough one. Oh well, there are nights…

Just finished setting my table and it's so pretty! Orange tulips and my multi colored plates and a beautiful table cloth a friend brought me back from Africa. It's a big burst of color---so need that, so sick of winter's gray and white, and it's sure not spring here yet. Drab, cloudy, cool. So we'll have a nice fire tonight.

Off to do some cleaning myself!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I cleaned for 15 minutes and I'm already looking for a distraction from that, so I'm back. I was thinking as I vacuumed that I was batting up for a big treat night. So I thought I'd come here and talk it out LOL.

What occurred to me is that I'm hungry, NOW, which is making me salivate for dinner. I need a V-8 slap on the noggin' some times. I could have had lunch! I was trying to save my cals and carbs for dinner, which is not a good plan and I know better than this. I was just determine to have a clean slate if I decide to go for it.

This is dumb. I mean nothing like coming to a meal you're going to try to eat as clean as you can stark raving hungry. So I had a thin slice of ham, a chunk of that yummy parmesan and a hard boiled egg w/a dollop of mayo and the Lavender Pepper I got in SD---that stuff is amazingly good.

Voila! I'm not thinking about tonight's dinner. I also decided I'm going to go heavy on the
steamed artichoke, salad and sausages. One piece of garlic bread. And I'm going to skip hubby's strawberry pie , but I will enjoy blackberries in cream w/a bit of splenda.

The pasta? Well, we'll see. Wish me luck, and thanks for listening. What would I do without this place---because believe me, no one else wants to hear all this.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

smart for coming here and chatting it out.

GOING INTO any situation hungry is a bad thing. especially when it is desire foods we want to eat

I truly have learned don't 'save the food and carbs' for a specific meal. It isn't worth it. some can have control, I know me, I can't. hungry as a bear doesn't even describe how I get when I am super duper hungry. watch out all

your table sounds beautiful. bright colors! that is a pick me up! orange tuliops. wow I love flowers. we have pink and white dogwoods flowering here along with red buds and wisteria. wisteria is so fragrant and love the purple color. I have to say we are spring here, at least we look it. then the pretty yellow pollen over every single thing outside and inside if it gets a chance

pie is a no brainer as a skip. we just can't allow those types of things back into our days. real food like a tater or fancy delish bread with meal, sure, but those desserts have got to be avoided mostly. you are smart for sticking with lc dessert.

I tell ya we can go too far. We all need to remember to rein it in at some point. have something, but not all of it! Ah, I sure got to remind myself of that every single time I get tempted.

Blue---guess what--I was taking my meds wrong. bottle says 3 pills each time, twice a day. 6 pills a day. All I read was twice by mouth.....haha...only taking 2 per day. no wonder it all isn't clearing up. jacking up the amts today. heaven help my guts!!