Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks for the pep talk Blue! Wish I would have read it before I had some peanut butter! Actually, I did ok....didn't bring the jar and spoon in to my recliner.

You are so right in everything you said. I'm on at least my 3rd time to lose a substantial amount of weight. I, like you, am determined to make this the last time I lose it!

Have a restful night everyone. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
So OK, I hear a lot of discouragement here, so I'm going to pull rank, because I'm the oldest of all of you, and been there done that more than y'all just because I've had more time to do it.

This is the third time I've lost the same 50 pounds, and the third time BETTER be the charm or I'm just not getting it. And I AM going to get it, because I'm NOT doing this again. NOPE. NOT. I guess it has to get that important to you.
---I am one step behind ya LOL. being the second oldest here I SECOND Blue's post. very good one! spot on!!

luckily for me it is only the second time I am losing this weight. I am fried in my brain truly after losing 70 lbs and gaining 50 back. now I am losing that 50 again with adding in a bit more.

I am like Blue on this journey. I can not and will not ever gain this back, cause like she, I can NOT do this again.

I tried it all. every stupid fad diet out there. LA Weigt Loss is what worked to lose the 70 before, which is low fat/low calorie. But it was going to their facility and checking in etc. which was the motivation to do it. Now I am ON MY OWN. I went with Atkins cause it had the food I like to eat. fatty meals!

We must find a way to eat long term thru life! lc is it for alot of people, not for everyone tho. LC fit me because of bacon! chicken wings! ribeye steaks with mushrooms smothered in garlic butter. BBQ! cheese! big bacon omlettes! pepperoni! chicken/brocc alfredo!

Judy helped me!

I kinda needed a good old fashioned reminder of what I am doing and why!

Thanks Judy. Your post came at a good time for me

-------for me today is busy. off to mom and dads for a visit. kiddo is on spring break. no school today and all next week.

monday we go to Grey Wolf Lodge. Indoor water park. NOW I wanted more weight gone, but losing the 30 pounds is cool. at least it is 30 lbs not on me to go parade around in public in my suit . we were going to camp but hubby's work schedule is wonky...so just an overnighter at this Lodge and fun of indoor water slides etc. gonna have a great time. kiddo is thru the roof excited.

but this chatting about 'why' we need to stay motivated, 'why' we must find that motivation and keep it etc. is a great thing for me right now. I needed to see this!

LC is what I want. So therefore following LC is the right thing to do. Easy LC is what I need. basic meals again, filling meals, yummy meals and be content.

off to get rolling. we had sun finally which lifted my mood. this crazy weather really effects me. with sun and heat I change into a whole new person!

everyone hold strong to what we want. we want it, we must do what we must to live it every single day!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Good Friday morning!

I'm not sure of where the age rankings are here, but I'm 54!(How did that happen?) I feel like a young 54 thanks to my boot camp and all the other activities that I do.

I got to sleep in a bit this morning as my furry alarm clock(cat) slept outside last night. I didn't get up until 6 o'clock! I woke up at my usual 4:15 and was going to get up, but I drifted off again. I'm off for the golf course in a few hours and will walk 18 holes. Beautiful sunny day, if a little on the cool side this morning.

Oh! I got my onion pockets yesterday and had one for dinner last night. Do they give any of you stomach "distress"? I was a bit bloated last evening and was wondering if that was the culprit? It wasn't bad, just noticeable. I did enjoy having that nice big roll for a sandwich. Next I'll try toasting them!

I'll do my best with the eating this weekend. Being on the golf course always means a few lite beers will be consumed. I usually eat at the course after the round, but can always find something lowish carb.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori---UT OH---you took my spot. I am 52. You got me beat by 2. BOO!
now I am the young'in here. I don't like that. I liked my 'bit of authority' LOL
if older, and I ain't got that, what do I got. boring old 52!!! HA

I had the rye and bagels and hamb. rolls so far. nothing has bothered me. I am getting pockets on the next order. I never had any feelings from eating this so I hope the pockets don't do anything to me.

if I was near ya, I would be having a few lites with ya also
have fun!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Thanks Blue & Trigger for your words of wisdom!

I am right there with you when I am Low Carbing. It's when I fall off the wagon that my irrational thinking jumps in and makes me second guess what I'm trying to achieve here. It really is crazy the internal battle that ensues. It's like the angel on one shoulder and devil on the other kind of scenario. All of this only happens when I'm out of ketosis.

I'm doing ok. Under 20 carbs yesterday and still not weighing in.

We took the kids out to get some Easter dresses and/or suits and afterwards we stopped to get milkshakes. I was tempted, but decided it wouldn't be worth it at this point. We did tons of walking in that mall, plus my regular workout. So I got lots of exercise in yesterday!

Another 20 or less day for me is the plan. Working out at some point today.

Have a great day on plan!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Happy Friday all!

Trigger---Thought of you last night---heard on the news this will be one of the worst pollen years in decades---they're calling it the "pollen vortex," Anyhow, stock up on whatever you take for your allergies. I have them too, and either I have a bad head cold, or they're hitting me hard. Itchy eyes, runny nose, so many sneezes it's almost exercise,.

Wow, you did LA Weight loss! I've heard that's one of the toughest programs out there. Sounds like it worked, but if we can't keep living it, what's the point?

You and I agree that's what's so great about LC is that it is quite yummy and doable. I think it's the best thing going for those of us who enjoy good food and don't want to live on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and green beans. Honestly, I look at those weight watcher meals and others like them, and they just would not satisfy me. But give me a grilled steak and a good salad, with full fat dressing, and I'm in heaven. Maybe even a GLCBC onion pocket toasted into garlic bread. Can't beat it!

Lori ---- You didn't take your PB to the recliner!

I have not had any problems w/stomach distress or bloating from the onion pockets. Try it again, and yes, DO TOAST w/butter. I've never had one any other way. BUT, if you toast too much, they turn quite dry and papery, so watch carefully. When you get it right they are just so great and just a bit crispy around the edges. Hope the stomach distress was from something else.

msgoody---atta girl, you're back at it and hanging in there! I know just what you mean by the "devil and the angel"---I just call that bad voice my evil twin. But I will tell you that the longer I do LC, the less I hear from her. At over a year in, the habit has become so strong, and much of how we eat IS a habit. I can honestly say that I'm 98% happy on this woe, but it took time and a fair amount of patience. Not to mention all the reading I've done that re-enforces this woe, and all the LC things I've learned to prepare that I love.

Had the day off today, and have a few NSVs to report. Did some spring cleaning, including closets, getting summer and spring clothing out. I ran into the clothing I took to Cartegena last September when my nephew got married there. I remember how proud I was of the funner clothing I bought for that trip, because of the weight I'd lost.

Well, I'm 17 pounds down from then, and much of it is just too big and baggy! AND, although I struggled w/a bad stall in Feb and Mar, I calculated that I've still lost an average of 2 pounds a mo. since then. I'll take it.

So I decided to measure my waist after all this trying on, haven't done so in awhile. An inch and a half down!

To balance all that good news, I bounced up this AM for the first time in several days to 180.5. Barely a pound, but it hid that 7 number again. But y'know, that really can't compete with how my clothing looks on me, and what the tape measure says.

Onward and optimistic. Happy not this woe most of the time, and feeling confident I can meet my goal, eventually, or close to it.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Eh, that would be "happy ON" this woe as opposed to happy "not." LOL.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Eh, that would be "happy ON" this woe as opposed to happy "not." LOL.
Hi ya Blue
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Up and shooting a cup of coffee before I head for the grocery store. I have to get that done early as I'm heading for the golf course again this morning. It's going to be a chilly start, but should warm up nicely. The weatherman says we'll have a cold north wind today which isn't ideal, but the sun will feel good.

I did ok with my eating yesterday. Took in most of my carbs for the day in the form of 2 Bud Lite Lime beers on the course. I did get back into the peanut butter yesterday, but just had a schmear on a Pop cake instead of diving in with a spoon.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori you are so lucky you can golf we are on 3rd day of rain right now. flooded as usual. chilly, wet mess. I am going insane. enjoy your outdoors!!!

Blue, those clothes are baggy from your other trip! THAT IS FAB! you are working the lifestyle gal and reaping the benefits. I love your posts cause when I read them it makes me realize it is not about anything other than sticking to plan. that is what you do and even if loss is slower, the inches gone are showing!!! You have a great set pattern to follow and it works well for ya and I am taking tons of advice from your posts. I realize it isn't about dropping tons of lbs overnight trying too much experimental stuff---it is simple. stick to lc plan. point blank. eventually it all comes into fruition and works!!! Your posts help me alot!!

allergies. yikes. I am loaded to the max. a vortex! how do we stand a chance
I am allergy horrible. it is like a head cold and allergy symptoms in one. some days I can barely talk it is that nasty. live thru as usual!!!

-----few days of perfect lc and this morning I dropped 4 lbs. So I am 197.5. had some bloat and now I got past the 198 mark FINALLY! been hanging at this 200-199 mark FOR WAY TOO LONG!

Thankfully with Blue's posts over this time---her steady and true lc ways---even tho she is getting slow results--she is GETTING THEM and all those little results add up. So I know her posts are having a calming effect on me now. Like, just stay lc all the time. just stay lc and eventually it all will work out and even if slow, they are good results that add up! duh.

So I am adopting Blue's attitude of 'just stay lc' and see what happens and wait for the results. I mean I have to pass this time in life anyway, so what if it is slower losses and knowing what Blue's results add up too...in the end I can get those results adding up and be just as happy with the results!

thanks Blue.

rainy and awful here. day 3 of rain. a friggin nightmare for an outdoor person like me. waited so long for spring and it seems like winter still! I am batty and nutso right now with being clogged up to the max and caged indoors.
be afraid, very afraid!!!! heehee

all of think and do LC all the way baby! it works
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gobah. Where ya been, how ya doin?

Trigger---Haulin' out the guy w/the Elvis Do!
197.5! I think that's the lowest you've been since I came to LCOW. So happy and excited for you. And yep,---just a week at a time I say. Another week of uber clean eating and you may kiss another pound good bye.

Do you ever read Dr. Eades? Love his blog. He says that once we get to goal chances are good you'll be able to add in more carbs and maintain. Of course, he's not talking about the hog wilder, , but I look forward to seeing what is possible at goal. And of course, there will always be the occasional treat times. Like San Diego for me. So glad what happened there stayed there.

And thanks for your kind words, Trig.---made my day. I'm a chatty poster and it's nice to know I'm not boring everyone to death.

Double whammy temptations for me this weekend. Going to a movie today, movies mean popcorn, popcorn. Then we're going out to eat. So my plan is to have one cup of popcorn, which is 12 NCs---one kernel at a time. Then a nice LC dinner.

Then tomorrow we're doing an Easter Brunch at Champs at 2PM. Lots of meats and egg dishes, so although it will probably end up high in calories, I'm hoping to keep it very LC, and it will be the only meal tomorrow, other than a snack or two.

Hoping the evil twin has packed her bags for the weekend, and is off to tempt someone else this weekend---someone I don't like.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue you think about the clothes from that other trip you had a blast!!!!

You WANT to keep them baggy

your evil twin is disappearing! slow but sure the LC Blue is winning this battle!

you keep up the big chats. all your posts help me a ton gal!

Sounds like you have a nice weekend happening. enjoy yourself but all the time keep in mind that LC is your way of life now. calories, smaleries! I have been eating heavier LC these past days and I got the big drop. Thinking I was way over in calories and wondering why the scale wasn't moving, too much cals. but in the end, today, I got the reward for staying LC and not worrying about cals.

glad ya like me, don't want the evil twin coming my way LOL
Old 04-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

I'm still hanging in there with you guys. It was a really busy day. I did my typical grocery shopping, but had to be home by 4:00 so I could babysit a friends baby. Oh my! I am wiped out!

I feel like I ate too much, but it was all low carb so I'm thinking it's fine. I'll try to log it all later and see what the result is.

I'm still not weighing in. Maybe on Monday I'll take a look and see if anything is happening there. I do have a pretty amazing NSV to report. This morning I tried on a Size 8 skirt that's been staring at me in my closet. Just taunting me lol. Anyway, it fit! I have not been a Size 8 since I met my husband 15 years ago!! Feeling pretty great today! LC is working!!
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

msgoody---three cheers for those NSVs! My experience is that we're losing fat in places the scale can't tell us about for whatever reason. Now your experience with that size 8 skirt underlines this again. I always say count on the clothes and how they're fitting before you count on the scale. You betcha girl, LC does work, sometimes in mysterious ways the scale is just not privy too. So glad you're hanging in there w/us, know you've had a challenging time with it lately, but I feel you coming up again, ready to keep on keeping on.

Trigger---I know you're taking off for the water park soon, and I just wanted to mention that we used to go to a Water Park place called "The Great Wolf" in Wisconsin, with our neighbors and all our kids. Lord, we had so much fun. That's the thing about traveling with kids---they help you find your second childhood. Have a fabulous time and slide down a couple of shoots yelling your head off with joy for Blue.

So anyways, later check in tonight. But I just had to tell you guys that we went to one of those new fancy dancy theaters today---where every seat is like the most comfortable recliner. I mean big and comfy, with feet up option and all. We saw "The Grand Budapest Hotel" and loved it. Beautiful funny movie, like having a story book read to you.

AND---I did OK w/the popcorn. I would say about 2 and a half cups. But my NC count on that in my earlier post was wrong. Turns out it's about 6NCs for a cup, so not so bad. Then had only half my cobb salad out to eat tonight. Just wasn't hungry for more. Drinking lots of water all day to try to head off whatever bloat that popcorn might cost me. But all in all, it was a fun day WITH some popcorn, a great movie with good friends. And none of it was about the food at all. Well, maybe just the popcorn...
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Probably understood, but Trig, I meant take a couple of slides down in my name, as in I wish I was there. NOT as in yay Blue, LOL. Reread that after I posted it and thought, hmmm, that doesn't sound quite right.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I fell off the wagon with a thud yesterday afternoon. I was SO tired after golf and I stopped for a sub(sandwich) on the way home. I intended to dump the contents out of the bun, but ended up eating bun and all. Then the PB monster got to me and I had a couple spoonfuls. Good grief was I bloated last night! Ugh! I hope I learned my lesson. It was also a bit of frustration eating as I didn't have a very good day on the golf course. Game sort of fell apart on the back 9. I'm back at it today and hope I can swing the club better this round.

Michelle....congrats on the size 8!! I think if I were only a skeleton I would be bigger than a size 8!

Blue...glad you enjoyed the popcorn and movie. I've never been to a theater with seats like that.....sounds heavenly.

Another sunny day on the way. I think I'll wash some rugs and hang them outside before I head for the golf course. It'll be a nice day for that.

Have a nice Easter Sunday!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, you didn't fall off the wagon, you chose a higher carb day
and in reality---you ate ALOT lighter than a normal carby type person so you still did well! believe me, eat carby for me before was an insane day of 'going totally off plan' and being into the 200-300 range of carbs. you were ok for sure, but ya felt those effects of bread. not good are they? I know

MsGoody--congrats on that skirt! eating lc, even if heavy, absolutely is better than going off plan and jumping carb bones heavy lc is not off plan really so you hold strong and know you are doing well!

Blue sounds like a nice theater. we got the old cruddy ones here LOL but nice thing is when I do a kiddo movie, NO ONE is ever there. whole theater to ourselves which is nice.
Popcorn bloat is nothing. day or 2 and back to normal for sure.

I got it when I slide down I will yell 'wish BLUE could enjoy this right now!' I lost enough to be comfortable at the Lodge prancing around in my suit so I am cool with this little trip! Will be a blast. good thing is air is chilly even if 80 indoors, so a coverup will be needed. lucky me LOL

GET THIS ALL---my daughters friend Alexis was invited to go with us. come to find out the Mom is taking off all week from work. (this is my drinking gal I chat about a bit)--so we are chatting and next thing she is going. take her son and his friend and she got a room. Her hubby has to work tho. So it will be alexis and nicole in our room with me and hubby, and she will be with the teenage boys.

She came over last night to get alexis home and we chatted. and get this---I say, be sure to bring 2-3 suits so we got dry ones to change into. never know about eating out or whatever, come back and swim. SHE SAYS SHE ISN'T BRINING ANY SUITS. HUH!!!!!
She is size 6. little petite thing, (with her own body issues of course like all gals) and I said WHAT?? She said, don't we just sit and watch them? HECK NO! I said we are going on all sides and having a water blast fun day!!!

I found it funny. Big old me on a diet--vs a small gal who will look great in a bikini (she is 46) and she is 'wondering' about parading around.

boy oh boy I don't get it LOL life is weird...for sure

not much stops me from the water tho LOL

----so everyone enjoy today and have a blast.

lc all the way for me baby. nothing has passed these lips that isn't lc so I am finally doing a bit of committing here. for easter I got flowers and a small Dove chocolate solid bunny. That little bunny will be eaten in 10 pieces at least over the month LOL

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-20-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Lori---not to worry, tomorrow's always another day we can make different choices. Never took up golf, but come form a golfing family. They love it, but it also drives them crazy. I rarely every see my brother as frustrated and crabby as he gets when he has a bad day on the course. It seems it's a very challenging game anyone, no matter how good they are, can have bad days at.

Trigger---What is your poor gal pal going to do at a water park w/out a swim suit, LOL. In my experience, there were always plenty at the water park that made me feel slim by comparison even when I wasn't. Besides after you start hurtling down those slides and spraying each other and dumping buckets on each other, who the heck cares what you look like?! Most are too busy having fun to notice.

Blech, blech, blech, blech! We went to the WORST Easter buffet. A friend told me it was good for the money. WRONG. And of course I went very hungry as I was saving my cals and carbs for the buffet. So I ended up eating too much of a bunch of crappy food. Hate that.

Just entered it all in the tracker, and my carbs come in at 32, so not terrible. Calories were high cause it was all fatty meats, and then 2 big helpings of the salad which was at least edible. My only cheats were a mini tiny cheesecake with strawberry sauce and whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup over the dried out sausage patties and rubbery eggs---both of which I would have passed up if I wasn't so dying for something that tasted good.

But we met some pals there and had a nice time with them, lots of laughs and moans about how bad the food was. If I bounce up or bloat up over this it will be even more irritating. It's one thing to pay the piper for good food, an entirely different thing to do it for crappy food---thinking of you msgoody and your bad birthday dinner, right? Grrrrrrrr.

To top it off, I'm pretty sure I'll want something to eat later because I'm so unsatisfied by what I ate. Hopefully I'll just put my self in bed early and not add more carbs and calories to the day.

Also have a bad head cold, thought it might be allergies, but I think this is a cold. So I'm just a tad grumpy every which way. Going to haul myself to the sofa and find a good movie to watch.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Gobah. Where ya been, how ya doin?
Doin good I been around. But you know how internet boards can be. It's easy to fall off the map...no one comes looking for you...one could have a downright pity party
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Yes Blue! I hear ya loud and clear. For me, crappy birthday meal so not worth the cheat! Then had a hard time getting back on UGH! Oh well, you live and learn. I'm sorry about your cold. That stinks!

Had a pretty good LC day. My customary meatlovers omelet for brunch and I made a nice Easter ham dinner; mashed potatoes and green beans. I skipped the mashies of course. I put a nice brown sugar glaze on the ham. It was very good and minimal carbs when you think about how much glaze actually goes on a sliver of ham.

I'm sure I'm under 20 again and plan to weigh in tomorrow but won't be upset if there's no change. That's just the pattern I'm in right now. I should be back in ketosis or almost there. Haven't checked that either. I'm focusing on working out and how my clothes feel on me.

I said to the hubby maybe I should make my goal a certain dress size instead but ya know I still have this belly flab so until that subsides I'll keep going at this rate. I never wanna do this crap again; lose 35 pounds that is, so I'm gonna stick with it at any rate.

Happy Easter!!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 04-20-2014 at 06:12 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday morning!

I'm up and ready to head to boot camp in a few minutes. I stepped on the scale this morning and was relieved to see that I am the same as Thursday, so my indiscretion with the sub roll and the molasses cookie(!) last night did not do any damage. I guess walking 21 miles over the past 3 days gave me some slack.

Michelle...what a good idea! Shoot for a clothing size instead of a number on the scale! Or....find an item that you love that is just a smidge too tight and work to get into it? Whatever method you choose, you are doing great!

Blue...sorry you had a disappointing Easter buffet. Sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out, do they? Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

Trig...I've lost track. When is the water park adventure? I'm sure it'll be fun.

We have a busy couple weekends coming up. This coming weekend we are heading to Gettysburg PA on Saturday and our son(34) is running a marathon on Sunday. We will tour around on Saturday and then be at the race on Sunday. The following weekend we are going to my sister's to help her with some yard work. Her husband passed away 2 years ago and she is preparing to put her house on the market. She's doing amazingly well, but the yard work is overwhelming.

Ok...time to get this Monday started. Have a good one!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Lori---That's great that there was no bounce up! I'm sure you're allowed quite a bit more with your workout schedule anyway. I forgot that I wanted to reply to your skeleton comment which was hilarious by the way LOL! I am only 5' 2" on a really good day The health standard for my height is 108-136 lbs. Don't get me started on how ridiculous I think their numbers are, and how it makes people strive for anorexic numbers! I'm shooting for the high end of that range 130-135 but if I get to a healthy looking me at 140 I'll take it!

Well, the scale was not very nice. I'm still up a few pounds! I really don't know the extent of the damage I did and I don't want to. Like I said, I really don't care what that evil thing says. I know what I'm doing and how I'm feeling. I also know I'm gaining some muscle right now and muscle weighs more than fat. Yes, I probably could stop exercising and the scale would respond, but I'm trying to get healthier and shrink my belly fat and I know cardio is the way to do that.

I worked out every day last week. That's the first time I've been able to stay consistent with working out. Weird thing that happened was...it wasn't until I woke up after the 5th day and my legs were so sore. Isn't that strange that it took over 5 days for my muscles to have a response!?

I have lots of stuff to get done today. I have tons of laundry to tackle. Since the kiddos have been on vacation since Wednesday. I'm also going to go thru my clothes and put all the bigger clothes away. I really need to free up some space in my closet. It's just so cluttered and this girl hates clutter! I'm not going to donate them just yet. I may do some stuff with some of them too. Like having some skirts taken in at some point. Anyway, busy day today. I need to get my house back in order and possibly get some Spring cleaning in.

I hope you all had a nice Easter!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ut oh lori sounds like you got super busy times coming. weekend to gettsyburg sounds fab. we are wanting to take our rv up to gettsyburg, but the beaches keep calling my name and we end up on the coast

today is lodge day. heading out in about an hr. water slides here we come. short overnight trip just to get away for the kids (and this big kid )

food isn't an issue for overnight vacation day. will stay lc. no problem. ate a monster omlette with cheese and bacon. plus extra bacon. full to the rafters but no bloat as usual with LC....so I am raring to go to the water park.

everyone be good. see ya later alligators

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-21-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Michelle.......what you're feeling is DOMS......Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Not fun, but you're getting stronger for it, so there is that!

Trig....given my druthers, I'd head to the beach too! We'll be there to see our son off for the start of his marathon and then we'll be there in about 4 hours when he's finished. Not sure what we'll do in between! On some courses you can see the runners at several points along the way, but on others it is straight out and back or they bus them 26 miles away and dump them out and say see you at the finish! It'll kind of be nice to get away, even for just one night.

Another high carb day here, but I planned for it so no worries. Actually it was just my lunch that was high carb......I'll be a good girl the rest of the day, I promise!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

msgoody---Great job on the working out! And so glad you're looking at other signs of success than the scale. Sometimes you'd think we gals run around with our scale number on our foreheads for how much we let it get to us sometimes.

ButTrigger---About now you're probably water logged and tired, hopefully having a fun dinner w/family and friends. Will love to hear about it.

Lori---I love those weekend get aways. In fact, reading your post made me start planning one back to my home town in June. We need to do more of this. Love the long trips too, but they take more planning and more money. Nothing like just getting out of the routine for a few days---always raises my spirits.

Well, I started my day w/more drama than I need. I got hammered by a panic attack that came on so fast and so severely that I thought I was having a heart attack. Hubby called the ambulance, and next thing I know I've got 4 paramedics in my living room. (I think I knew I'd live when I found myself thinking what darlin' young men they were, LOL) They took an EKG and my heart was fine, thank God. Vitals all OK, but blood pressure way elevated, to be expected w/a panic attack.

Ended up in the hospital w/my first panic attack 3 years ago, when I also thought it was a heart attack. Since then I've learned mostly how to breathe my way out of them, and I have some meds to take when the breathing doesn't work, which I wish I had done first thing this am, instead of trying to breathe my way out of it. But it just came on so fast and furiously, and the symptoms make you think you're in big physical trouble---limbs go numb and shake like crazy, dizzy, short of breath etc. etc. By the time they got here the attack was beginning to subside due to the meds and they told me they thought I would be fine.

You'd think some very stressful thing would trigger them, but that's not the way it works for me and many others. Mine come out of nowhere, no trigger, no stress, just bang, you're a mess. SIGH. And this AM was the worst I've ever experienced, and you just don't want to take the chance it's something worse than a panic attack. When this first happened to me I found out that something like 25% of visits to the emergency ward are folks having panic attacks who think they're having a heart attack.

Anyway, feel fine now, other than like a truck hit me. They take a lot out of you. Slept all afternoon. So haven't eaten hardly a thing, going to have Hubby's Peanut chicken soup for dinner, maybe a GLCBC grilled cheese on the side. Just feeling so grateful to have it behind me and hope I won't have another one hit for a couple more years.

Oh, and BTW, did bounce up a pound this AM from crappy brunch. Who cares? Panic attacks are at least good for one's perspective.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Oh my Blue.....so sorry you had to go thru that attack yesterday! I've been lucky to never experience something like that. I hope you don't have to go thru that again anytime soon.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Blue---I'm sorry you went thru all of that! I know exactly what it feels like. I had an anxiety attack just like that once, probably 10 years ago. I also felt like I was having a heart attack. Your heart is just racing and pounding out of your chest and you feel like you can't catch your breath. It's an awful feeling!

Lori---I knew you would know about the exercise. Thanks!

Trigger---I hope you're having lots of fun!

I got LOTS of stuff done here yesterday. It was a busy day. I wasn't even sure I would be able to squeeze in a workout, but I did. I put away those fat clothes. Not only did it free up some space in my closet, it was so freeing in other ways. It let me see how far I've come even though that scale isn't going anywhere.

I got a lot of my laundry tackled, but still have more to do. It's a never ending cycle, literally LOL. I'm still working on getting my house back in order. The kiddos are still home so that's definitely a work in progress. The weather has been beautiful here!

The scale is going downward. I lost 2 pounds of the gain, so that's something! It would be great to see a new low number, obviously, but it really doesn't matter to me at this point. I'm lower now than I have been in many years, but not low enough to be "done". Though I can't ever be done. Like I said I'm not doing this 35 pounds again! 5 or 10 pounds is one thing but 35 NO WAY!

We took a family Easter picture, I know I've lost weight and the difference in my face is pretty obvious, but I still see that fat girl. I wonder if that perception of myself will ever change. It really is strange the tricks our brains play on us.

Have a great low carb day!!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Michelle....sounds like you had a productive day! I've been having fun wearing some clothes that I haven't fit in to for years......if ever! Some I purchased and was never able to wear until now.

Blue...sure hope you're feeling better today. Check in!

Just got back from lunch. The company took us out for Admin Prof Day. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun. It had guac and bacon and pepper jack cheese on it.......yum! I also had a cup of stuffed pepper soup. I was a bit worried about how much rice would be in it, but I shouldn't have worried. I think I saw about 3 grains of rice! I'm making today a very low carb day since yesterday I went a bit high. I'm having ground beef with diced tomatoes, spices and sour cream for dinner. The husband has a dinner meeting so I'll only have myself to feed. Now if I can just stay out of the dang PB jar!

Taking a much needed rest day tomorrow. Between boot camp and golf, I've had 6 days in a row of exercise. I need a break!

Just starting to rain here. I won't complain after that wonderful weekend we just had!

Take care all!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice words of concern, gals. Feeling fine today. Slept a ton yesterday and last night and woke up feeling perky. PLUS, I dropped to 179.4 this am. Nice to see that 7 again! I'll be pleased when my bounce territory shifts down between 175 and 179. Sick of those eighties.

msgoody---So you've had one too, so you know. All I'll say is that one sure understands the "attack" in the "panic attack." One minute you're fine, the next you think you're a goner.

So happy to hear you're appreciating how far you've come. Great idea to put those "fat clothes" away. I know what you mean about still seeing the "fat person" in pix and mirrors, but I think you'll find that starts to ebb as you get used to seeing the new Michelle and begin to identify with more with her healthy slim self---at least that's been true for me. Now I look at pix from a year ago and can't believe that woman with a face like a pumpkin is me. Also, don't forget as you view pix of yourself that the camera really does add weight, 5 to 10 pounds. That's not a myth, I've seen it in many casting sessions in the diff between photos and my eye w/models. They're slimmer in person---usually downright skinny because they know that camera is going to put on some pounds.

Lori---That sandwich sounds yummy! I have to remember to use guac and chicken/bacon together more often on my LC bread products---I tend to put chicken on salads or in soup and forget what a great sandy they can make.

Glad to hear your wearing things you haven't been able to wear! Do you take your measurements? I bet you've lost all kinds of inches on your exercise schedule.

Is there any other LC goody that could sub for PB for you? Just curious if you've tried anything else to fill that spot. Still, when I look it up, it's only a bit over 4 NCs for 2 tablespoons, not to bad. But 200 calories for the same, also not too bad if you fold it all into your daily goals. But if you're snuggling up w/the whole jar on the recliner…yeah, that could get to be a problem, lol.

Had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings today, so it was calorie heavy. Had 10 salt and vinegar wings which are 2 carbs a piece. So there went the bulk of my carbs for the day, but man, I was hungry---just didn't eat too much yesterday.

Still trying to keep my carbs under 25 a day, instead of my former 35 a day. I'll just make it by having a cheese burger on a GLCBC onion bun for dinner, maybe a bit over w/onion. Giving those extra 10 carbs a day up isn't easy, just 10 more adds up to more choices.

Doing this to get past my long stall, and seems to be working a bit, 3 pounds down as of this AM. Hoping once I get to goal or close enough, I'll be able to add back in.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Hi Blue...glad to hear you woke up feeling perky and had a good day today after your episode yesterday. How scary!

I laughed when you said I snuggled up on the recliner with the whole jar of PB. Yes......I do sometimes bring the jar to my chair with a spoon, but have yet to eat a whole jar in one sitting! It's not the carbs that get me, but the excess calories, I'm afraid. I didn't have any today and have already brushed my teeth for the night, so I'm done eating!

Congrats on seeing that 7 in your weight number! You are working the plan!

Talk to you all tomorrow!