Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Just popping in for a question....Where do you order your breads & wraps from? My local grocery doesn't seem to carry low carb tortillas anymore. I used to eat a couple of those a week and I miss them.

I haven't tried baking the eggs, but I have started steaming them. The shells practically fall off when you peel them! I used to throw a good many eggs away because I couldn't get the shell off and I would get ticked off. Patience is not one of my virtues.

Ok.......time to pace around the office a bit.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Just popping in for a question....Where do you order your breads & wraps from? My local grocery doesn't seem to carry low carb tortillas anymore. I used to eat a couple of those a week and I miss them.

I haven't tried baking the eggs, but I have started steaming them. The shells practically fall off when you peel them! I used to throw a good many eggs away because I couldn't get the shell off and I would get ticked off. Patience is not one of my virtues.

Ok.......time to pace around the office a bit.

Hey Lori,

I get my wraps from Walmart. 3 net carbs. I ordered bread from The Great Low Carb Bread Company online. I was using my husbands Low Cal bread also from Wally World but that was 13 carbs, which is quite a bit. Sara Lee brand if you're interested in it.
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Michelle!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Back to report on the eggs. Notso hotso. They taste fine, but the shells stuck like glue, and yeah Lori, that irritates me no end too. Hubby thinks they cooked too long, as they were medium and not large eggs. I will try again w/less time or larger eggs.

Lori---how do you steam your eggs? I too get stuff from GLCBC. The onion pockets are my fave. Also, do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I get their sprouted wheat 4NCs a slice great. Very good. And as msgoody suggested, Sara Lee's lite and Delicious brand(I think that's the name) isn't bad at 7 NCs a slice.

I use the LaTortilla brand at 7NCs per, but they are large. I make LC pizzas and quesadillas w/them.

msgoody---absolutely, another couple of days w/no yogurt and you'll be back in the swing and feeling much better. Treat yourself to your fave LC foods right now---I find that helpful when I have carb cravings.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

To steam the eggs. I have a collapsible steamer that I put in a 3 qt saucepan. Put in just enough cold water till you start to see it coming thru the holes in the bottom of the steamer basket. Put in your eggs. Put on lid and bring to a boil......when the water is boiling, turn heat down to simmer & leave lid on for 20 minutes. Put in cold water like usual to stop the cooking process. Perfect!

Those onion pockets sound wonderful. I'm off to check out that site! Thanks!
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lori. We have a collapsable steamer and I'm going to try this. HATE sticky shells and losing half the egg, not to mention biting into little pieces you didn't see/get off.

The onion pockets are SO good. Experiment w/how toasted you like them. For me, if you toast too much they get papery, too little, a bit spongey, just right---they're heaven. I make garlic bread w/them in the toaster oven and it's very good. Also use them for burgers and tuna cheesies. I like them much better than the bread. Bagels are my second fave. And BTW in the dessert category their Lemon bars are yummy---I add whipped cream and berries. Fantastic dessert when you feel you just have to have one, for only 3 NCs.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

So, my husband and I were discussing the yogurt and how I'm not in ketosis anymore. I used my keto stix so I know I'm not. He emphatically did not believe it was the yogurt. So, we started going over other stuff I had been eating and we remembered those sugar free cough drops for my sore throat.

The only thing the package said was 6 calories but my throat was on fire so I didn't look any further into it. Silly me! I just looked it up and it's 3 carbs per drop and I probably had 10 Sunday & Monday so 30 extra carbs which totals around 60 per day! So now I'm not sure what to think. Was it the yogurt or those cough drops!?

It really ticks me off! They should have to put that info on the package. I looked at the ingredients and saw sucralose.

Hmm I'm not sure if I should try the yogurt again or maybe I'll just start with those berries instead? Either way I'll give it another day or two before I try something else.

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 04-09-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 04:19 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
interesting on the eggs and other ways to cook them.

MsGoody, when the cravings hit back it is nasty! I know. been there. truly for me it is easier to absolutely, 100% control the carbs and it keeps me in line. sneaky cough drops LOL. but experimenting is good tho. to see what you can handle and not handle.

I am a blueberry fan. at night they are a great treat. I buy frozen ones cause I love to eat them frozen. like blueberry ice cream to me! I also try to keep my higher carb foods/sweet tasting stuff for a night time snack...like the blueberries. Cause I am always worried if I eat that stuff earlier in the day I might start wanting more and more carbs.

Blue---nice bloat drop always to good to see it go that fast!!!!

I am stagnating as usual but staying on plan. my NK is good, I like what it does for control and that helps but I think it is too much food. my NK numbers seem huge for me but it is what the calculator said. give it a bit more then I am going to decrease those numbers and see where it gets me.

all in all it is ok...working it kinda good...but it seems like I come up short on my numbers toward dinner time and then pack in more food to hit those calculations and it seems it might just be too many calories in the end.

I like experimenting tho. will give it a bit longer and if no advance, will just go back to my normal 20-25 carbs per day and eat how I want without tracking etc. that tracking is killing me

spring seems to be coming slowly. I wish it would move faster, but for the south one day it is a high of 40 and the next 80. then all of the sudden it is 90 and holds LOL

so doing my thing and seeing what changes I got to make and hope it all works out.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Still no loss for me, as a matter of fact, I think I'm up a pound this week. I know why.......my name is Lori and I'm a peanutbutteraholic. I have promised myself that I will NOT eat any PB for at least a week just to see if it makes a difference on the scale. I buy the natural stuff without sugar, but I just eat WAY too much of it. I'm going to let the 1 jar I have sealed in the cupboard. Once I stir it and put it in the fridge, all bets are off. You all may have to stage an intervention!

We did cardio boxing at boot camp this morning. I'm pooped! This was my last boot camp session for the week. I'm taking tomorrow off since I'll be walking the golf course both Saturday and Sunday. This old body needs a day off now and then!

I really need to read more on the NK. It sounds good except all the tracking and hitting your macro numbers etc. I'm so lazy about doing all that.

Ok...time for me to get busy. I'd really rather go home and go to bed!

Have a great day!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK Peanut butter Gal---cut it out

we tend to get 'hooked' on something else when we give up other stuff.

we all do it.

for me it was nuts. cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds.....natural, whole and boy could I open a can and eat the entire thing

we all have that tendency to rely on something we love and can 'kinda' still have in our low carb way of living.....but some of us go HOG wild on it.

zillions of posts about what we 'attach' to and eat too much of the minute we give up so much other food.

you saw it, will correct it and move forward

Lori, I checked more into the NK and found a post from a long time NK'er (if that is what they are called lol) and basically it is -----atkins induction type foods.
eat 20 or under carbs, moderate protein without relying on it, and tons of good fats to round off the day. So I think I can quit tracking also.

I did induction before and can handle it and lost great so I am going to aim for what that other poster said and kinda just eat my induction type foods from before again and see if it all falls into place.

oh yea baby!!!! we can do this LOL
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Lori---I can really relate to your PB addiction. I have also been known to dive in a PB jar myself, before diet. I don't touch it now because I will definitely go overboard. A serving size is 2 T. so it's very easy to go overboard.

Trigger---I know what you mean with the tracking. It does get very annoying to track every bite, but sometimes it can be a lifesaver.

No loss for me yet. I am back to the original low of 148. I have been up and down those 1 or 2 pounds for the last week so it's nice to see 148 again. I'm slowly climbing back into ketosis. It was low today instead of trace so I'm getting there. A couple more days and I'll be back in ketosis. Maybe this little blip will kick start some weight loss for me, I hope. I have a lot more energy today, than yesterday. I had been very hungry so yesterday I had to eat some snacks in between meals to be satisfied.

As impossible as it is for my husband to be wrong. I don't think the yogurt was good for me. Right after I ate it I was completely exhausted and needed a nap. Not to mention an instant headache. The cough drops did not help either. One thing I can take away from the whole thing is I was able to have 60 carbs and not gain anything so I think that's my maintaining carb level. Good to know!

I'm going to get myself back on my treadmill today. I need to get rid of this belly fat. I know for a little bit at least it'll cause my muscles to hold onto water but that's ok. I'm not going to worry so much about the scale and more about how I am feeling. I'm healthier than I have been in many years.

My 40th year of life is better than my 20th year. Tomorrow is my birthday and although I wasn't able to lose those 3 pounds to get to 20 pounds I couldn't be happier about how far I've come. This 40th year I will get to a healthy weight and stay there. That is my gift to myself and to my family. So I can be around longer for them. I'm getting there.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Michelle.....Happy day before your birthday! We'll have the official celebration tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Michelle.....Happy day before your birthday! We'll have the official celebration tomorrow.

Thank you Lori!!

Just got off my treadmill and feeling great! Also, my Dad called to wish me a Happy Birthday! A day early, but he gets an A for effort It's the first time he's ever done that so I'm happy he's at least making the effort this time.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Lori---My little brother loved peanut butter when we were little, and always had it all over his face and hands, sometimes transferring it from his hands to my hair and clothes. Hence, I'm not a peanut butter lover, LOL. I think it's harder when you really love a reasonably low carb food that's high in calories because you can have some of it, but not a lot of it. I really like my LC foods but I don't love them enough to binge on them the way I did carbs.

Trig---You are allergic to tracking I think. But I think the whole macro nutrient thing is basically small carbs, then split the rest between fats and protein as suits you. Sometimes I do more fat, sometimes more protein, but they're usually within shouting distance of each other. I can't eat the huge amounts of fats some can.

And yeah, I think if you're upping your fats to cover your carbs in correct percentages it could be costly in the calorie department. From what I've seen you do very well on Induction---simple, clean, easy. That's when I see the most good energy from you towards your woe.

Lori---SO nice your dad called! Love your thoughts about your woe, and how it all dove tails with your b'day. B'days are good for those kind of assessments and you have an excellent outlook.

Boy, have I had a nice, un-stressful week. My major client is in all week meetings and cancelled most of our schedule, so just working on some smaller projects at home. And the weather is beautiful. Sunny and in the sixties, which I love.

Went grocery shopping this morning and picked up all my LC faves, so I'm totally back in the saddle. It has been so nice to see how I CAN snap right back on plan---this tells me how much of a habit this way of eating has become, and that I like it enough to want to be back on it.

Dropped another half pound this AM to 183.5, so I'm on my old stomping grounds once again. Really hoping I can keep it going down, still after that elusive 180. Actually, I'm really hankering for 179. Tired of that eight!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy B-day for tomorrow MsGoody. enjoy your day!!
but I will probably say another HB to ya tomorrow LOL

Blue glad the vacation weight is dropping! I am a fan of hitting the grocery and stocking up. when I get low or out of my lc staples I panic. I never did so much shopping it seems.

yea I am back to KISS. keep it simple stupid. works best for me. I was glad to see that poster kinda just say NK was like induction basically. I can get a handle on that without tracking

---hey all I rode my horse today FOR REAL. Weeee

Barb came with the trailer, we threw her in with Oreo and they did great together. 3 hr ride at a state park. tons of deer around like 20 ft away. Oreo was freaking a bit but Jade never missed a step. In fact I am really surprised how laid back she was---my kind of low key horse---as I get older, I sure need that. Next ride is planned. YIPPEE
I can focus on the riding now and enjoying the heck out of it. Got a horse I can trust. And get my butt moving good again!!

I am in happy land LOL
Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---LOVE hearing about your ride! Sounds so beautiful and peaceful. So happy your Jade girl is working out and you're finally getting to enjoy the rewards of all your efforts and money spent. It's so good you went ahead and got this horse. There will be a time, long down the road, when you won't be able to ride any more, or take care of a horse. But it's not now. Now, you CAN, and you ARE, and I'm so glad for you. Got to grab that gusto every day we can.

That's what I learned watching my parents age. Seems there's a point where the world just stops growing out and starts growing small. It's taught me that NOW is the time to do it!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Michelle!! Enjoy your special day!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So true Blue! thanks, great post. catch life while ya can. and you are right about the world does get smaller for you when age kicks in, especially with any type of medical troubles.

I know our retirement will be travelling. while kiddo is stuck in school now it is my time to do the horse thing. when retirement hits I want to travel with no ball and chain around my ankles. just me and hubby and hit the road --while we can enjoy it

happy birthday MsGoody. nuttin' like being 40 enjoy every bit of it! well, with me being 52, wait til ya hit those 50s LOL--believe me they are worse HA

got a super long day today. Kiddo gets a terrific kid award at school around 1. signing her and her friend out early then. off to Bo's kid entertainment place tonight at 7. kiddo's b-day is the 15th and taking her and friend there to have fun tonight. then a sleepover with friend. should be home around 11-12. GONNA be a very long day
not doing much today. little of this and that and relaxing cause this old gal has to go long into the night. gotta prepare

will be fun tho.

keeping food simple now. induction type meals I ate and dropped great weight so going back to basics yet again

everyone be good today!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-11-2014 at 03:45 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I'm SO glad it's Friday. I have a big weekend on the golf course planned.

I'm happy to report that I am 1 day peanut butter free! Let me tell you, it was a struggle last evening. About 7 o'clock my brain started telling me it was PB time. At 8 I ate a natural applesauce cup and headed up stairs. I was tired and went to bed early. I wasn't sure if the applesauce would hold me all night or not, but I didn't get hungry over night. Day off boot camp today......my only exercise will be racing around the grocery store on my lunch break. I won't have time to go this weekend, so must get it done today.

Trig...how wonderful that you are able to plan your riding now! Sounds lovely.

You are so right Blue. Get up every day and do what you want to do as you never know when you won't be able to do it. DH and I have done a lot of traveling for that reason. There were times when we shouldn't have spent the $$, but we are glad we did.

Take care all and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!!! I hope you have a sweet day, one full of happiness. Back later for check in.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Thank You for the birthday wishes!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I remember when I turned 30 it was really hard for me to say goodbye to my 20's, but this is a better, much different feeling. It's hard to explain, but i feel good at 40 even better than I did at 30! I'm sure this WOE has a big part in that.

I lost about a half pound this morning, but still 148. It would've been nice to see a new number this morning.

I got the bread yesterday. I had a bacon cheeseburger for dinner. The buns were just ok, but it was nice to eat like a normal person for a change. I'm going to have a bagel for breakfast. Yum! My carbs were pretty close to 20 yesterday. That's the first time that's happened in quite awhile! I felt pretty good and not as hungry. Love that appetite suppression!

I'm not sure what the plan is for tonight but it seems like my husband has something up his sleeve. I hope it's not a party! I'm not one of those center of attention kind of people. I actually hate that! He should know that by now. We'll see....

Have a great low carb weekend!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea I bought the hamburger buns and thought they were too chewy-like for me. won't be buying them again. besides I can put it on a bagel or bread

I love love love the bagels and rye bread. I will exist on those. I still got to try those onion pockets also.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
yea I bought the hamburger buns and thought they were too chewy-like for me. won't be buying them again. besides I can put it on a bagel or bread

I love love love the bagels and rye bread. I will exist on those. I still got to try those onion pockets also.

Oh. My. Goodness! The bagels are absolutely ahhhmazing!! I got the onion bagels, which is a NY kinda thing and Wow! I will definitely be ordering them again!

I agree Trigger. The buns are quite chewy so I'm not sure I'll order those again. We'll see how the bread goes for lunch
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

mine are in the freezer just sitting there

kinda thought I might make them into croutons later or something. I ate one and by the time I finished my burger I decided the 'chew' just ruined the whole meal. maybe smash them into bread crumbs. yea, bread crumbs for crab cakes. hmm
Old 04-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Yea, you know I was thinking I might just toast the bun and use it that way. To get rid of the chewiness. I think it'll work. I'll let you know how that goes!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 04-11-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

msgoody---I so identify about being the center of attention. Makes me uncomfortable. Long ago pals gave me a BIG surprise b'day party and I hated it! Of course I didn't tell them that. OTOH, hubby and son gave me a small surprise party on my 50th B'day and I loved it.

Whatever goes on tonight, I hope it makes you feel good. I loved my forties! You have a lot to look forward to. I think we get smarter and better at being who we are.

Glad you got your GLCBC order and like the bagels. Never tried the buns, didn't like the Everything bread---a bit spongey. But might try the rye as Trig speaks so highly of it. LOVE, LOVE the onion pockets. And BTW, I think ALL LC bread products are better toasted w/lots of butter.

Trigger---So cool the kiddo is getting an award! There should be more of those for adults too, these things really motivate the best in us.

But yeah,that does sound like a long day, specially at a kiddy place. Love the kiddies, not so much those places. I remember son's b'day parties at Chuck E Cheese with the singing bears and 10 sweaty, amped up little boys. Don't miss that, LOL, but could be a whole different experience w/girls.

Glad you're feeling good about where you started with this woe, and did so well with. IMO, it's hard to beat the basics. Cut your carbs way down, keep an eye on the calories, drink lots of water.

Lori---Good work on your first PB free day. You know what they say, one day at a time! Have fun golfing this weekend, I know how you look forward to it---and if we're so interested in being healthy, part of that, imo, means filling as many hours as we can w/what make's us happy.

So, this AM I was down another pound and a half to 182 on the dot. 4 days, and all bad effects of vacay eating are gone. But, I had a feeling my body would rush back to this number. It REALLY Likes this number. I'm getting very sick of it.

In the past 4 days I've kept the carbs much lower---15 to 25 NCs, instead of 25 to 35. And, LOTS of water. (I struggle w/the water thing the most on this LC woe, and it should be so easy!)

So my plan is to continue w/lower carbs and lots of water. Did try to cut my cals from 1500 to 1400 or under, and made it a couple of days by choice, the other days, nope, didn't happen.

At almost 6' tall, I find I get hungry under 1500 calories. Fine if it happens w/out pain, but I've decided it's going to be all about lower carbs and more water for awhile.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!

Made it thru another day PB free! Woohoo! Scale still not moving.

Blue...congrats on your loss! I hear you about getting sick of seeing the same number. I'm in the same boat, but my number is higher than yours. It's very annoying to be stuck on a number that is at least 30 lbs more than the number you want! Sigh........

I'm off for the golf course in a couple hours. It's a bit chilly this morning, but it is supposed to warm up nicely. Lots of steps for me today!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue, believe me the girls are right up there with the amped up little sweaty boys
can we say DRAMA at every turn
Chuck E Cheese...made me laugh. we did our share of that place! Bo's Entertainment was borrrriinng. dropped alot of money on arcade to win a few tickets and get a giant plastic slinky. that slinky was like $70. kill me---but they had a blast. We played laser tag. I played 2 games and love it. I was top scorer in each game. I love blasting little children Kids had a wonderful time and enjoyed themselves.

Lori enjoy the golf!! sounds like you are having good times and all that walking/swinging is good for you!

----bloated up a bit today. ate at shoney's buffet. BLECK. we drove up to the entertainment place looking for a real restaurant. all was fast food. so we picked shoneys and boy, that food was rough. kids loved it. everything fried/carbs. I had a small piece of 'what they called' steak...few plain shrimp in 'something sauce' and salad.
got home around after midnight, melissa and me had 2 drinks while the kids got unwired.

this morning I am bloated but not bad. need a day to get the gut back into good order.

today is a piddle around day. tired. sunny and nice so will do a bit of outside work. I am eating SUPER DUPER EASY AND CLEAN today. no breakfast, tuna for lunch and burgers on the grill tonight with salad.

allergies are killing me. so stuffed up, voice scratchy, head clogged and all that mess!

everyone be good today and have fun!!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Blue---WTG on getting right back to where you were! How many more pounds to have to get to goal? I'm just wondering if 182 doesn't look fabulous on you being 6 ft tall! I'm betting it does Your body just may have a different number in mind. As we get older that number changes; we look better at a little higher number. Just a thought.

Lori---Have fun at the golf course! It's so great to be able to exercise AND have fun while doing it! Good job on the PB strike. That's great! Not losing really does suck but in your case you build so much muscle with that intense workout schedule of yours. Do you get enough water in? Are you doing your bootcamp with a physical trainer? I'm just wondering if you are maybe you could ask them where they think your calories/carbs should be with that kind of workout.

Trigger---Wow! What a night for you. It sounds like a workout just keeping up with all that hyperactivity lol

We had a pretty low key night, which I really like! We just went to a cute little restaurant here. I cheated. I just got a fish & chips, which was pretty crappy. We asked for tartar sauce, uhh nope they're out of it! What!? You do know how easy it is to make right? Then we asked for Screwdrivers. We were in the mood for a little vodka and OJ, nope sorry we're out of Vodka. I said wow we definitely came on the wrong night. So, I got this thing called a Cappuccino Dream. It had cappuccino, kahlua, and amaretto. It was gross. Gave it to the hubs.

I'm back out of ketosis, which is fine. I didn't gain a thing that's the more impressive thing! Those fries and the breading on my fish left a lot to be desired. Not anything I miss and those carbs are so not worth having in my life. Cheats are ok. They're bound to happen once in awhile. Everything in moderation!

Have a great weekend on plan!
Old 04-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Just woke up from the most lovely nap. Cool and cloudy here today, curled up w/my book and then faded into dream land. Didn't sleep well last night, so it was welcome.

Lori---Hope you had better weather on the golf course then we had here today. Good news on day 2 w/NO PB. I'm curious---how long have you been doing the Boot Camp thing? I'm asking because I think you are probably building muscle like crazy, and we all know muscle weighs more but looks a lot better on us. And, that the body holds onto water for muscle repair. Just wondering if the BC thing is something you've done long enough that it wouldn't be effecting your weight.

Trigger---Oh yea, LOL, "the DRAMA." Never had a girl, but I sure was one once and I remember that! Doesn't sound like you did too bad at all at the bad buffet. Loved the "something sauce" Ha. That's the worst thing about these places, you never know exactly what you're eating. Hope you have a the clean LC day you're planning. It really does feel so much better, doesn't it?

msgoody---Well, sounds like you had a cozy, happy B'day, the best kind, w/the exception of the bad restaurant. B'days are definitely fair game for a planned off plan moment. Sorry yours wasn't good, but in my experience many carb dishes out don't turn out to be worth it. The longer I'm on this woe, the more picky I get about what I "spend" my cheats on.

In answer to your question---must get my stats up one of these days---my goal is between 165 and 170. It is true that at my height, I look a lot better then I did at 224 where I started. And in fact, few now would call me overweight based on my appearance. But I don't think my goal will leave me looking skinny or drawn. I think it's a reasonable weight to get to for my bone structure, not big. While I have taken a good bit off my midriff, I think another 10 pounds would be even better, and then of course there's the belly, also much smaller than it was, but think I need to get off my butt w/some exercise to address that. Who knows if I will get there, but I'm sticking to the journey to see what's possible. My hope is that IF I got to say, 170, my body would take this as another set point, and that would be fine.

Hubby is grilling steaks and I'm making Linda Sue's onion pie to go w/them for dinner. YUM. Good clean LC day, under 20 NCs, and lots of water.

Was 181.5 this AM, another half pound down. That's good, but been there too. Really hoping to keep going down to 179 in the next few weeks.