Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/193.5/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good Morning All!

Blue.........your anniversary celebration sounds awesome! Nothing better than being with your loved ones and remembering the great times.

Trig...glad you got out for a bit of a ride, even if it was short.

We had a great, fun boot camp workout this morning. It was tough as usual, but they make it fun. I'm also in a better place with my "diet". I had myself convinced that I HAD to start counting calories and logging food to make the number on the scale go down. I abandoned that after 2 days. It makes me sad. I'm just going to focus on fitness and my LC eating. Some days will be better than others, but no worries. Funny...yesterday I sort of threw caution to the wind and ate some REALLY off plan things. Guess what......scale was down a pound this morning! I'm still up one from my low here, but what will be, will be. I have to decide what day will be my weigh in day and just stick to it. My goal is to see the number, take it for what it is, and continue on.

Thanks for listening to my whine. I know I've been back and forth on what I'm doing in the short time I've been here, but it's all part of the process I guess.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Blue and Trigger you ladies crack me up!

Lori---You know it's such a learning process, trying to figure out what works best for us. Some people do that carb cycling and it works because it keeps your body guessing. That's what you may have done inadvertently Those stalls really stink and you're still sticking with it so kudos to you for that! Feel free to vent! Sometimes it helps to get it out there!

As for me, still no loss. No loss all week so far, blah! I'm still trying to find that sweet spot of carb/cal ratio and exercising AND losing weight. Might take some time to figure that one out. I'm pretty content about where I'm at now so if I lose more weight, bonus! The only way I'm going to get rid of this belly fat is cardio so I'll keep doing that and hope for the best!

Have a great day on plan!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Lori--I hear ya loud and clear on logging/tracking. You either ARE that person or not. I am not I tried a few times to start up the logging and honestly I can't stand it. I will never log/track again. It isn't me and I am tired of changing myself in so many ways...sometimes ya just gotta say forget it and find a different way !

You aren't whining :0, believe me it takes alot of time and different stragtegies to find what is right for yourself. chatting them out on this board and getting some advice that helps sure is a good way to find your sweet spot.

chat away!!

MsGoody are you kinda at goal? Are you thinking about maintenance yet? just wondering

AND I GOT SHOED!! Nice guy. Called when up the road at a stable. She stood pretty well for him.
I am ready to hit the trails $75 for shoeing. OW and more OW. when my last horse passed, I was paying $40. MY GOSH the price increase is killer. but gonna pay with a smile LOL

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-03-2014 at 12:39 PM..
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Trigger---I'm not really at goal. I still want to lose at least 10 more pounds. I've been thinking about upping my carbs and finding that number that I will still lose at. I'm just feeling really good about where I'm at right now and don't want to focus too much on not losing, or stalling. I don't want to self sabotage with that kind of thinking. I feel like I need to increase my carbs and my calories, especially with working out. I walked a mile yesterday and today. I'm feeling good about that. Once I get back into the swing of that I'm hoping it won't be such a chore for me.

So maybe I'll try to incorporate some fruit into my plan and see how that goes. I want to do a little at a time to see how it effects me. I'll try that next week after I go shopping.
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Well, my little experiment yesterday to up my carbs and calories was a failure. My carbs were at 35 and calories at 1600-1700. It was hard to get them up there. I really was forcing myself to eat. I generally try to eat until satisfied, not stuffed like a sausage and that wasn't the case yesterday. I don't like the sick feeling of being stuffed.

I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing. I haven't decided whether or not I should add fruit to the mix. If I do it'll be another experiment to see how my body reacts.

In prior Atkins dieting I just stayed on Induction levels the whole time. I never went up the Carb Ladder and added stuff in the way you're supposed to. I didn't even do Induction this time, but stayed away from fruits because they do have some sugars that can spike blood sugar levels. And nuts, not good for me...too much sodium.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure this thing out lol

Gained a pound from my experiment. It's still a learning process. I'm ever evolving LOL
Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

We all are kind of like lab rats...we have to keep experimenting on ourselves!

I had an ok day yesterday. Did have a run in with the natural PB jar again. I need to stop buying that stuff!

Rough boot camp this morning. I made it 4 days this week as per my plan. I need a couple days break from it. I'm playing golf for the first time this year on Sunday. Wonder how my back will like that? It has been "iffy" all week. I just keep plugging along.

I may have a bit higher carb dinner tonight. DH is going to help out at the 10 year old grandson's baseball practice, so I'll be on my own. Not sure what I'm hungry for, but it will involve take out. I could be good and get steamed shrimp and broccoli from the Chinese restaurant down the street. Hmmmm.......

Ok......we made it to Friday.......have a good one!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Here I am in San diego w/my gal pals and we're having a blast. Sat up till wee hours last night at the hotel laughing and chatting.

Didn't do so swell on the woe yesterday. Started well w/a salad at the airport, but then on the second lap of the trip got stalled in Denver, and happened I happened past a Pandas fast chinese food, and had a big plate of something fabulous, no rice, but it was breaded and sweet sour. Then had bunch of appetizers w/pals last night. I was just so hungry for some reason. I hate flying and all the rigamarole that comes w/it and I just got in a what the heck mode.

Hope I'll do better w/my choices today. In retrospect, kind of glad I never made my goal of 180 before I left, as I'm sure I'll be scootin' up after this trip anyway. SIGH.

But I'm going to just enjoy myself and worry about it when I get back. We're off the San Diego Farmer's market today to get a bunch of stuff to cook up a
yummy dinner with for tomorow. Tonight we're going to a place right on the ocean, quite famous here, can't wait.

It's a bit cool for SD, in the seventies, but that suits me fine and a far cry better than the snow storm I left in yesterday. Snow storm in April is just wrong.

Trig---glad you got your gal shoed, and actually, it doesn't cost a whole lot less to shoe ourselves if it's a happening pair of shoes, LOL.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are like lab rats
but truly it is the only way to find that sweet spot we all do best at and we gotta learn how to survive long term. best way is SMALL experiments. see what it does to us

That is the way MsGoody. slowly find your final path and how you can make this long term and survive. we all can do it! we just have to find what fits each person individually.

Lori---hope your back does fine. hubby loves golf but hasn't played in a long time. he has back troubles and older he gets, worse it seems to get. he is considering going to the laser spine institute and see what they can do. I feel for ya, I see what constant nagging pain can do to someone. rough way to get thru life--hurting, and wondering if and when or what will make it worse. ugh

LOL Blue---the horse's shoes are cheaper actually. at least she gets 4. pair for the front, pair for the back I think lately everything is giving me sticker shock. hubby putting some ''more'' bucks into his truck makeover --gets old seeing the cash fly out the window.

'what the heck' attitude. ut oh. you be careful. I can still find that hog pic and it could return

but I know that feeling you are having. like my vacations, you get out of the rut, want new and exciting, adventure wtih great people, and stinking food restrictions are the last thing you want to have with you on vacation. I hear ya big time.

HAVE A BLAST AND worry when ya get home. we will listen and help....til then you go for the fun gusto gal!

--------for me today. I am looking over at nutritional ketosis forum. interesting BUT the tracking and checking of your macros will probably drive me nutso. I did today cause it is new, interesting and kinda easy, but long term I think I would fail. I am not a tracker and with NK I think ya truly need to see where you are at.

I plugged into keto calculator.
for me it is 1200 cals, 79 g protein, 20 net carbs, fat is 88g. today I ate 1400 cals, 89g, carbs 18 nc, fat 80g. So in general I am around what it said. I started AFTER I ate breakfast so it kinda threw me.

I don't know. just something that hit my interest. gonna try it again tomorrow and see if I can 'eat toward my numbers' which I think might become super annoying to this old gal

just an experiment as usual.

Last edited by Trigger828; 04-04-2014 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GM to all

Blue--you be good now, ya hear! but have a fab time

----I dropped 2 lbs of bloat. wee. I am back in the game. I am experimenting with 'super high fat' and more toward 0-10 carb. hmmm. kinda hard changing my food around a bit but it is ok. the bit of tracking to get a day going right seems annoying to me as usual, but I will play this game a bit more.

today was 6 slices bacon. 21 fat, 15 protein, 240 cals and 0 carb.

my target is 88 g fat, 79 g protein, 1200 cals and 0-10 carbs

will be interesting to see how I eat to handle this day LOL

got a big steak on the grill tonight which will push my protein up easily. eh, will see how this pans out

everyone have a great saturday! fight the good fight!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!!

Great loss Trig! I need to adopt your plan....higher fat and lower carb. Hmmm....where does the peanut butter milkshake I just had fit in with that? LOL! I'll be lucky to maintain this week. Actually, I think Thursdays are going to be my official weigh in days and I was down a pound on Thursday and have until next Thursday to undo the milkshake damage. I'll be getting lots of exercise tomorrow walking the golf course. Usually around 14,000 steps or so till it's all said and done.

I made 6 qts of "bean free" chili this morning. I bulk it up with sliced mushrooms, chunks of red pepper and a couple big handfuls of greens. I never measure anything and sometimes I get it too spicy, but today's batch is perfect. DH had some for lunch and really liked it. I eat it nearly every day for lunch with a dollop of sour cream. I make enough to freeze a container so it last me for 3 weeks of lunches. I had to go and buy my ground chuck this morning and then threw it all together.

Hope you're all having a fun weekend!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Got all my shopping done early and have the rest of the day to do whatever with. I lost that pesky pound and actually had 30 carbs yesterday, weird! But I shall take it back gladly. I did buy some fruit and also some yogurt. So we'll see how these experiments work this week for me. I also ordered some bread and bagels from GLCBC. I can't wait for it to get here and try that out!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

Congrats on those 2 pounds and good luck with your experimenting!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Trigger ---Good news on the 2 lbs down and interesting on the NK thing. When I get back I'm going to look into some ways to break this stall and that might be something I'll be checking into too. So I will be very interested to see how it goes for you. Seems like so far it's not that uncomfortable.

Lori---Your chili sounds delish. I've been meaning to try a non bean version too, and it can't be too spicy for me.

msgooddy---let us know how you like you GLCBC products. I have to say, the onion pockets are my absolute faves. If you toast them just so, slightly crisp but not over done, they make the best darn garlic bread!

We had a fabulous day yesterday. Went to the most charming winery/farmer's market/
arts and crafts place. Gorgeous and full of fun stuff for the senses. I got some lavendar pepper!! Sounds weird but it is heavenly, has bits of garlic and sea salt in it too, and it's a large grind, so very chunky and yummy. Tried it at the booth on heirloom tomatoes and it was amazing.

Last night we ate right on the ocean at an amazing place. The food was superb. I did OK, had fish and salad for dinner, but also a homemade hot biscut and part of a huge for the table dessert. Plus the best calamari in ginger and apricot sauce I have ever had in my life. Had a salad for lunch, so all in all not terrible, but definetely off plan moments. But when you got to a place like that, imo, you enjoy because you won't be there again anytime soon.

Today the gals went hiking this am, but I needed to chill. So I'm about ready to take a walk through Del Mar, shop a bit, get a nice coffee and read on someplace on the beach. Later the gals will pick me up and we leave the hotel and are off to my pal's house to stay for the next few days.

We are making a yummy chicken dish tonight, nice and LC w/a big salad. We're going to hang out tonight and watch old movies. We're having such a very fun time and it's all going by too fast!
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Blue---I'm so glad you're having such a fabulous time!!

Lori---That chili does sound wonderful. I love chili. It's so great that you can eat it for weeks and not get sick of it. Lately, I've been eating a lot of quesadillas. They're great because you can put whatever you want in them and even throw in a dollop of sour cream. I get the tortillas at Walmart and they're only 3 carbs!

I've been doing lots of reading here and other low carb sites about the Nutritional Ketosis. It sounds good if you can stick with it, but I don't know it's a lot like strict induction. I just can't do that. I'm happy about adding some more stuff in and hoping my body agrees with it. As of now I'm still in ketosis, once I add fruits in I don't know if I still will be. I have to find a way to make this work for the long term.

I still would like to lose 10-15 pounds and I'm sure it will be a lot slower with adding this other stuff in but I'm ok with where I'm at now so I'm fine with the slow down. I have basically gained and lost the same 1 or 2 pounds all week. Maybe I should just stay at 20 carbs instead of 30 but it seems to be fine. Some days I might be closer to 20 it just depends on the day. I'm still not all that hungry so it's work trying to feed my body.

I picked up a tongue scrubber today. I didn't even know they made such a thing! I hate that nasty ketosis mouth and/or breath. It drives me crazy!

I ordered onion bagels, which I miss. They had those in NY and they are to die for. We'll see if they compare lol. Also bread and hamburger buns. It should take about 3 days to get here and I'll have a fabulous burger. I'm thinking bacon cheeseburger, Yum!! Next time I'll order those onion pockets. I spent $35 on those 3 things! Yikes that's so expensive and very inconvenient. I wish they would market them in Walmart. That would be awesome!!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Happy, sunny Sunday morning!

I'm heading for the golf course for the first time this year in a couple hours! I'll probably play horribly, but at least I'll be out there in the sunshine with my friends. I'll also get lots of exercise since I walk and push my clubs on a cart. I usually get 14,000+ steps for a round. I got a new activity tracker so I'm anxious to see how well it records my steps. It is a Garmin Vivofit. It has a bold red line on it right now which is telling me I've been sitting too long. I've been up since just after 5 o'clock when my cat started prancing around and haven't put on a lot of steps so far.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hey Lori---I hope you had lots of fun playing golf today!

No loss for me today. I'm actually back up that pound again. That's been the story all week. Up, down, up, down! I feel a bit like a yo-yo lol. My body just doesn't know what to do. It doesn't look like I'll lose those 3 pounds by my birthday after all. Not for a lack of trying that's for sure. It is what it is.

I should have my bread by Wednesday. That'll be nice. It's going to be a nice weather week and I'm hoping for a cookout with my hamburger buns! Bagels for breakfast instead of my trusty old shakes will be a nice change too.

I woke up this morning with a pretty bad sore throat. I think it's allergy related. It's that time of year. I went and got some sugar free cough drops. They seem to be helping somewhat.

I hope you've all had a pleasant weekend on plan!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday!(?)

My day started with boot camp, as usual. The rest of the day is just going to be SSDD. Rain in the forecast, but yesterday was so nice, I don't dare complain!

As predicted, I logged over 14,000 steps on the golf course yesterday! I had a couple decent shots and a couple stinkers.......that's golf for you, and for the first time out this season, I was pretty pleased. We have plans to play both days next weekend.

I'm not sure what to expect of my weekly weigh in on Thursday. I was rather off plan a good bit of the weekend. It started with the Chinese buffet Friday night. I was not "off the rails" for every meal for the past couple days, but I had my moments. I'm strangely OK with it for some reason. It's not that I don't want to lose more weight, but I've just decided to ease up on myself. I'll keep busting my butt at boot camp and being mindful of my eating and see what happens.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for a good week!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lori,

I'm feeling like you. I'm just not going to be a slave to that scale. I will check it, but it isn't an accurate prediction of what I'm doing and how great I'm feeling these days. So, I will take it all with a grain of salt. If I lose weight, great! If not, it's not the end if the world! You should be so proud of yourself for sticking to that boot camp and way to go on your golf exercise. It's so nice to get out in the outdoors and enjoy not being all cooped up in the house!

Where is everyone? It's just you and me Lori

I lost that pound that I gained again. I didn't lose anything for the whole week. I guess that constitutes a stall. My body just seems to be happy here for now. I'm sure I could go back to lowering my carbs and just eating meat and veggies to get it down but I'd rather not. So, I'll just keep on keepin' on!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori, the harder I got on myself, the less I wanted to do 'any of this junk', like lc, lose weight, etc. at some point easing up is a good thing yet we gotta remain disciplined in a way, cause if we give ourselves excuses, we are going to run away with them. well, I would LOL

your meat and veggies is basically my nutritional ketosis plan I am experimenting with MsGoody. I like changing things up only cause I get bored fast, right now the NK is keeping me thinking and kinda newly motivated, eh, so I will see where it goes.

------busy busy. every one of ya know that feeling! just can't seem to get all the junk done. work, outside barn stuff, critters, kids, house stuff, you name it I gotta do it. you all know this! just seems like there is no time. eh, but again, will get thru that as usual.

my NK is interesting. using macros and eating to it. huh. I mean it is low carb but you hit the cal, fat, carb, protein each day. the keto calculators were interesting in the sites I went to to read more about it.

today so far was 3 eggs, 2 cheese melted, 6 slices bacon, 1 slice (1 net carb) rye bread, 3 pats butter.

stuffed to the max

dinner tonight is roast chicken, broccoli with garlic butter, celery with cream cheese and small salad with ceasar dressing. that fills up my fat content needed to finish off this day.

so I am going to monkey around with this and see what happens.

off to get some stuff done. weather horrible here. cold again. big time rain, flooding etc. I can't stand it any longer---seriously I am losing my mind. nice weather has just got to come and stay!!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all, just back from my trip.

We had a fantastic time, beach walks, great hotel for 2 nights and dinners/lunches out, some shopping, winery, arts and craft show, yummy homemade dinners and breakfasts that we all cooked a course for once we moved to my pal's home there, and so many great talks, laughs and memories.

I'm a bit melancholy that it's over, and life will start tomorrow w/work, obligations and routine, and these last days will fast become another memory. Have to get busy planning another trip somewhere, because I need the next out of the routine thing to look forward to.

As for my woe, well, let's just say what happens in San Diego stays in San Diego Trigger ---I think you would be justified in bringing out the hog wilder and maybe this time put a big blue hat on her.

I was pretty good w/the main dishes, but I also had breads, biscuits, chips/salsa and desserts. It was all just too much fun to pass up, and all my healthy eating pals said what the heck, let's enjoy! Had no desire to be odd man out on that.

This is now my lifestyle, and I am coming to understand there will be off plan occasions, rest stops. My body seems to have chosen this time as a rest stop and I think not reaching my goal of 180 by SD for 2 months --- 2 lousy pounds--- softened my resolve on the trip somewhat I think. I just realized once again that this is a marathon and sometimes you're just going to trip the light fantastic.

The good news is, I'm actually looking forward to being back on plan, and that fabulous trips aside, it's become a habit I enjoy. Although I didn't feel bad despite all the carbs I ate---I think because I was just having so darn much fun--- I am very bloated and can really feel it now that I'm back home and my carriage has turned into a pumpkin.

Trigger---like I said, watching your experiment w/NK w/great interest. It's funny, but you seem to be doing well w/this kind of tracking, AND, seems you're feeling full and satisfied. So I'm going to do a bit more reading up on it too. It's noteworthy to me that home again now, I have no desire to eat like i have been in the last few days, no cravings for that stuff whatsoever.

It's like that was part of the trip, not part of my life here. It almost feels like being free to eat it for a few days has actually made me not only eager to get back to my woe, but also more eager to challenge myself with experimenting, and re-committed to finding a way to lose those last 15 pounds.

msgoody---as you know, I totally understand gaining and losing the same 2 pounds over and over. It just does slow down as you get closer to goal. But as I said to Trig, I have read of several here on this forum who end up maintaing for awhile, whether they chose to at that point or not, and then all of a sudden the pounds start to drop again. Our bodies are mysterious machines w/minds of their own.

Lori---Can hear your joy that it's golfing season again. So great to have a passion that involves so much healthy exercise, and fun!

Long post, I know, thanks for listening. But you know, it kind of made me feel better to write it out, like I'm waving good bye to my trip, and hello to the future, and a renewed interest in getting to goal---like the trip might have blown away some cobwebs from the routine of my woe. Ready to shake it up a bit and see what happens.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Welcome back Blue! Your trip sounds fabulous and I heartily agree with everything you wrote regarding this WOE. What a good way to look at it...the carb eating was part of the vacation and not part of your life at home. Love it! So glad you had so much fun, but I know what it's like to be kind of "down" when you have to get back to reality.

I had a miserable night's sleep. I was awake every few minutes and there's no way I'm going to boot camp this morning. I ache from head to foot. I think maybe between the walking of the golf course for the first time this year and boot camp yesterday I over did it a bit. Today has become a rest day. I'll try to boot camp it Wednesday & Thursday, take off Friday and then I'm walking the golf course Saturday and Sunday. Sounds like a full week!

Trig...I'm interested in the NK plan you're doing. I'll be following along to see how it works for you. I've done some reading about it as well, but haven't committed to doing it. This time of year I seem to have so many activities that involve eating(and drinking ) higher carb items. I think the NK plan would work better for me in the winter. I'll keep it in mind.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Hello LCF's,

Blue---Welcome back! I'm so glad you had such a great time! You may not want to look at that scale for a little while. Just get yourself back on track but don't weigh for a few days or a week. Sometimes, it's actually good to do a little carb loading to get your body back into a fat burning machine. It may just be what you needed

Lori---I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot. A rest may be just what the doctor ordered!

Trigger---I hope all is well with NK. I know how much you despise tracking every bite. Tracking may help you see things you weren't really aware of before. I still track everything I eat and have from the start. They really make it pretty simple now.

Well, no loss again but I am a little shocked that I didn't gain anything to be honest. My carbs were up around 35 yesterday and I added in some low carb yogurt. So far, it seems to be agreeing with me. I'll keep doing that for a few days and see if anything happens. I'm pretty sure I had WAY too much cheese yesterday! I'm going to have to monitor my cheese intake. My body does not appreciate a lot of cheese whether I'm dieting or not. It's still a learning curve, so we'll see how it goes!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori sounds like those 'different moves' you used in golfing got the best of ya. it is a different set of muscles on each swing. You will be fine. Keep it up and work it out and all will fall good into place. BUT DID YOU HAVE FUN AND GOLF WELL? I hope so!!!

MsGoody you are doing what ya need to do. experiment with adding a bit of this, take away that, add this and enjoy and hope it all holds strong for you. experiments take time, just keep doing it! you are finding your sweet spot! We all need that!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue your post was wonderful to read!!

It gives alot of insight into all of our lives and the occasions that come and how to deal wtih them and what we expect after.

but here's your sign

LOL

I have also been 'her' many times, lol, thru this journey

I know what you had on this vacation was pure fun. pure friendship. pure relaxing! Boy I am envious!! but so happy you enjoyed your time!!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for me, I gotta say the focus on NK is helping. It gave me something 'new' to attack and find info, research, experiment etc. basically it is clean eating on lc to the max watching all your macros. simple really but the 'actual' tracking stinks. a few days and I hate it LOL

I woke up after a bad sleep. hot flashes all thru the night. maybe 3-4 hrs tops. blanket on, freezing, then off, hotter than blazes. and repeat

hit the scale and no loss BUT WHEN I woke up I was SURE there was a big loss. I felt so thin! I felt lighter. I felt NO bloat. Like just skinny. AH HA.....it is working. that feeling of lean I love.

I went shopping in my 14s. tad tight but doable cause the other pants are so loose I really look dumpy/sloppy and pulling them up contantly. I thought, tight, hm....I hate tight, but doable. well I went out for hrs in the tighter 14s and survived. which will NOW MAKE me want to make them loose. no more baggy comfortable. it is time to wear the next size down tighter and then strive to make them loose

I realized defaulting to the looser/baggy ones were a backstep actually. wearing ONLY the tighter 14s will mean I make or break this. I will make this

no breakfast
out to lunch with best friend and we had salad bar. no more ranch. carbs! getting high fat ceasar dressing from now on. delish.

also I am reading up on alcohol and ketosis. alcohol DOES NOT take you out of keto....it just stalls the scale. but if ya drink carb junk it could be bad....so smarts when doing this and Blue and Misti told me to switch to rum/vodka drinks and yes it is better. but finding out more info on keto and booze was intersting. beer is liquid bread caue of carbs. rum 0 carbs. So it is all about carbs and keto and being smart if drinking and not defaulting into carbs under the influence

ah, learning things slowly.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Whew!!! ---- got past the rocket burn of re-entry from vacation. Got unpacked, put fresh sheets on our bed, returned all my e-mails and made all my calls. Life motors forward, if you're lucky.

Lori---yeah, I agree w/Trig. I remember when I was an exercising maniac and could not believe how sore I could still be after something as simple as a long walk. You think you're getting endlessly fit, but there's always a muscle that hasn't been hit by whatever we're doing. The good news is you're SO physically active, and whether we're as slim as we want or not, that is so good for us. I envy you that, and intend to get more of it in my life again.

msgoody---yeah, I was tempted to avoid the scale, and whatever damage I'd done in SD. But you know, the worst damage I've done to myself in the past has come from avoiding the scale---not wanting to see the consequences of my choices. That's why I'm losing these same 50 pounds for the third time. Not going to do it again.

So I hopped right on this AM, and was actually relieved to see 186.2. I was 182.something when I left, so we're talking 4 pounds up. Heck, I've seen that kind of bounce up after good LC days. So, not too bad.

Either way, I wanted to know what was "up." Refusing to know has never helped me. We all approach the issue of the scale so differently. It can be frustrating, discouraging, useful, etc, etc. But for me at this point, I see it as data I need, if not the last word.

And one other thing regarding "stalls." You might have read this here, and I don't mean to be a lecturer at all, but Atkins calls a stall at least 6 weeks w/no weight loss or loss in measurements. I think that's important because if we think we've stalled when we've gone a week or two w/out loss, what do we call it when we have to maintain through a couple of months of no loss, despite basically clean eatin, as after a year on LC, I have recently experienced for the first time.

You've done SO great, and didn't have as much weight to lose to begin with, which means you got to the slow down a little sooner. I just don't want to see you get discouraged too soon.

Trigger---You know how much I LOVE hearing about you wearing those 14s, even if they're just a tad snug. IMO, it's the best way to remind yourself of where you hope to go. I do NOT believe in baggy clothes, they let us hide too much from ourselves. And hey you're wearing a 14!!!! And I SO agree this is one of the best tools in the box for motivating us to strive.

Today I had a "quesedilla" on a LC tortilla, and a couple of hot Italian sausage links w/a bit of hubby's spaghetti sauce. For now, I'm simply going to rein in both calories and carbs for awhile, and concentrate on drinking water. Cals and carbs will be well under goal for today. And you know, I'm feeling fine, in fact, good. It is another NSV that I'm able to transition right back to better eating, and be happy about it.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and one more thing Trig. Can't believe I forgot to mention your most recent and excellent rendition of the "hog wilder." Thanks, and love that, just makes me laugh. We should all get that badge now and then, and find out we're in control, and we can rip it off as fast as we decided to put it on, w/not too much damage done.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Happy Hump day!

I feel much better today...thank goodness! I'm up and ready for boot camp....wonder what the torture of the day will be?

I took an Advil PM when I went to bed last night & it helped me sleep. I only took 1 since I didn't want to be groggy for boot camp.

Yesterday was a grazing day for me. I stayed home from work since I didn't feel well and I just went from one thing to the other most of the day. Not a lot at any one time, but just this and that. Tomorrow is weigh in day...

I agree that we need to see that number periodically so things don't get out of hand. Been there, done that. I've lived in the state of Denial and I don't want to go back!

I'll check in with you all later!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Blue---4 pounds is not bad at all. It's probably a lot of water weight. You can get that off in no time!

Thanks for the info on the stalling. I did actually read here somewhere that it's not considered a stall unless it's 4-6 weeks. So, it's just slowing down. You're right I don't have much to lose in the grand scheme of things.

As far as the yogurt that I added in. Although, it doesn't seem to affect me with the scale. I have noticed some changes that I am not liking at all. It has made me a mean, nasty woman. It also made me very tired after eating. No energy at all and needed a nap right after eating it. I'm also now having some horrible cravings that I haven't had since I started. Yesterday, I had to go to a friends baby shower and there were lots of breads and cakes there. The bread was harder than ever to pass up, but I managed it somehow. The cakes weren't really a temptation. I even had a conversation with my husband about quitting. He helped me get my head on straight, thankfully! This firestorm all because of some low carb yogurt!

I had him bring my treadmill in my bedroom from the garage. It's just such a chore to go out there to the garage to workout. This sounds like laziness and maybe it is but I also think out of sight, out of mind applies here as well. If I have to get up and look at it I know it'll force me to get on it and motivate me. As soon as it starts getting really hot here our garage is going to be a sauna anyway.

So, this is what I'm dealing with right now. No more yogurt for me. My kids can just eat it! I have fruit in the fridge too but I'm pretty scared to try it if it has this effect. Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Lori---glad you're feeling better!

msgoody---What kind of fruit did you get? You probably know this, but the berries are the lowest in carbs and high in antioxidants, good all around. Blackberries are my fave, love them w/cream, and a bit of Vanilla SF Toriani. I use all the berries in salads frequently. None of this stalled me, but we're all different. I pretty much stay away from the other fruits w/the exception of lemons, which I just use for a squirt of flavor.

About the LC yogurt, well, we experiment and learn. That's a good thing. You tried it, didn't work, no real damage done. But I wouldn't let it make you afraid to try adding other things in, including fruit, specially the berries. IMO, variety is important to maintain in the long run, and finding out which ones work is important.

After a very low cal and carb day yesterday, and lots of water, I dropped 2.2 bounds of bloat this AM---184. I'm hoping you're right msgoody, and the change in diet over vacation gets me off this stall one way or the other. But I'm thinking my body is just running back to it's new favorite weight, 182, and when it gets there it will hug that number again. So I'm going to try to hang in there this week w/lowered cal and carb goals and see if I can get 'er going down again.

So I have my new dance video and promised myself I'd do it when I got back from SD. So far I've told myself I'll do it tomorrow, LOL. But msgoody, I think you're right about belly fat and cardio. I'm never going to be Ms. Flat Tummy again, but I do think cardio would improve it---btw, good on you for getting that treadmill right there where you see it! So maybe tomorrow, LOL.

Making a salad w/hard boiled eggs for dessert and I learned the coolest thing on the ML last week. You can bake the eggs to hard boil them! Did y'all know that? I just put a dozen in the oven in a mini muffin tin, works great to keep eggs in place. 30 minutes at 325, then shock w/cold water. Interested to see how this works, because this is so easy.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Hi Blue,

That's terrific 2.2 pounds! Way to go!

I got some berries. Blueberries and raspberries. I didn't workout today. No. Energy. Whatsoever. I had breakfast and a snack, then took a nap. It's hard to believe I felt this way all the time before low carbing, but I sure did. I used to take a lot of naps before. I'll get thru it. My bread comes tomorrow so I can't wait to make use of that! Another day or two of 20 or so carbs and I'll be feeling good again. I'm soooo hungry. I can't wait to get that appetite suppression back lol.

Let us know how the eggs work out for you. I saw that somewhere, but never tried it. Hard boiled eggs can be such a pain sometimes. Especially when I make egg salad, but that would make it so much simpler.