Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
best of luck on your call MsGoody. And congrats on a great week of loss!!!

for me, I haven't moved on the scale. lost like .6 which I will take
gotta get in gear tho. some days I have that killer instinct again, but it wanes very quickly now to 'who cares' LOL I will be ok tho.

went out for big buffet breakfast. had scrambled, bacon and link sausage AND I brought my OWN lc everything bagel in my purse they have a toaster, yup, I toasted it and slapped on the butter. WOW. it was great. that stupid bagel added 'that extra' I wanted without relying on hashbrowns etc. So this was my first bagel that travelled with me out to eat --heehee

rainy, icky, misty, nasty here

off to take kids to hickory dickory dock and spend money! then shop a bit and eat a salad out for lunch if I can handle it. pretty stuffed.

everyone stay strong!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey Trigger---The coolest new purse accessory? A GLCBC bagel! This is so smart, and I agree, just that little old 2NCs sub can keep you away from the much worse stuff.

I had a 4NCs slice of TJ's toasted sprouted wheat, w/a burger, cheese, fried egg and TJ's hollandaise sauce on it for brunch. That LC bread just makes it for me, takes the edge off any cravings for more, and I'm stuffed. Will not be hungry till dinner. Just the way I like it.

Decided to try to keep my NCs at 25 or under till I leave for SD. Last ditch effort to get to 180. But our anniversary night out is this week, and that won't be a hog wilder but it sure won't be under 25 carbs either, but we'll see how I do overall.

Hope y'all are having a fine Saturday.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in at the end of the day, waiting for dinner to be done. Hubby is making grilled chicken legs, a variation on his wings, w/his amazing blue cheese sauce.

I made green beans to go with it, the old fashioned way. With onions and bacon. First time I've done this.

You know, I was interested in a ML post today from a single gal who doesn't know how to cook, and finds it hard to put in that effort for one person. So get that! I have never been a good cook, didn't interest me, but always a good eater. So good cooks have always loved me, I am very appreciative of their efforts.

So of course, I married a good cook. Irritates my mom no end, who just assumed I'd have to learn how to cook some day. And then I do a end around her by marrying a guy who loves to cook and would just as soon I stay out of the kitchen.

But now, over a year on Low Carb, I am amazed at what I CAN do, and like doing. Nothing fancy, as you can see, but I'm finding I can do simple things in the kitchen, and really enjoy them.

When I started this woe, I went a bit overboard trying to cook fancier LC things. This was not successful for me, and hell on earth for my hubby. :lol Like any really good cook, it was so painful for him to see me muck up his kitchen with my enthusiastic, but inexperienced efforts at cooking.

But I've found my way to what works for me in the kitchen, and I surprise myself all the time now, by how quickly I can shake together things I like on this woe. And the hubby has turned from horror to appreciation as he now too enjoys some of my quick and easy solutions to not being a cook.

I call that another NSV, and a big one, and I just wanted to share it here tonight. Sometimes we don't see how much we're evolving, how much we're changing from what we always did or didn't do before. (In my case, nothing in the kitchen.)

It's fun, and it's kind of exciting for me. Being stalled as I have been, I am determined to not let the scale have the last say, and very interested in all the changes the scale cannot record. Changes for the better.

For the better for me, because I am more than ever eating healthier whole foods I take a bit of time to make. W/out my hubby there to do it before, I used to just give into carb junk. No more. Learning better.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I can see I have the place to myself this weekend, so it will be Blue the serial poster, LOL.

AT LAST, 60 degrees and sunny here today. I actually got hot running errands as I was still dressed for the winter that wouldn't end, had no idea we'd done one of our crazy temp shifts till I got out there. Yes Virginia, there will be a spring!

Haven't had a thing to eat yet today and it's getting on towards 5pm. Stomach felt wonky this AM, so went with leaving it alone. Just started to get hungry, and am steaming myself an artichoke. Then a salad w/warm chicken (try heating up your salad chicken just a bit, brings out more of the yummy flavor, particularly from a rotisserie chicken which is what I always use) roasted almonds, blue cheese crumbles and just a sprinkle of reduced sugar dried cranberries. Then a nice balsamic dressing made w/my fave and most expensive bottle, just a bit sweet and so yummy w/this salad. Couple more carbs in balsamic, but I just toss very well and you don't need much at all.

Carbs should be just over 20 today, yesterday I came in around 14. Scale had me a couple tenths from my low of 181 this am. Paying a lot more attention to drinking water these last few days. Again. I'm periodically bad at that. How can it be that hard?!

Hope everyone is winding up a lovely weekend, and looking forward to a relaxing Sunday night.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
I've been away since Friday morning and am trying to get caught up! Sorry it was lonely here for you this weekend Blue!

My sister and I got a lot done and she is progressing with getting ready to put her house on the market. I'm amazed at how much she has done on her own. DH and I will make another trip down in a few weeks to help her with her Spring clean up outside and other things as needed.

What a weird weather day. I drove the 2 hours home from my sister's in a driving rain. Had the wipers on high almost the whole way. There are reports of blizzard conditions all around us, but we don't have any snow. They sky is an odd color and it's windy. I'm not a fan. Hoping the roads are ok for me to go to boot camp in the morning. My back is better, but still not 100%.

The diet kind of went out the window over the weekend. I didn't go wild, but ate some things I wouldn't usually eat. I've decided that I have to spend at least part of April logging my food and counting calories as well as carbs. I hate doing that, but I have to get this weight moving down again. I've been about the same for WAY too long.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight. I didn't sleep that great the 2 nights at my sister's. My own bed will feel good tonight.

Have a good start to your week!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:37 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a hard weekend Lori, but a productive one I am not a logger when it comes to food. I tried many times. I do it for a few days and quit. I just can't stand doing it lol. but for many it sure helps them.

Blue, your chicken salad sounds delish, I also like mine warmed up. tuna too. I sure prefer warm/hot meals over cold. I feel like I am eating better or something. more comforting?
Sticking wtih under 25 lc. Go for it.
I also tried some fancy lc receipes etc. that didn't work out. I realize now the more basic foods are where I need to be. It is me. Basic/simple/easy. I just got more frustrated when I tried to make lc concotions.

Our weather is supposed to improve big time this week. Finally. and it best stick

I can't find a blacksmith. called one, didn't call back. My friends guy has medical troubles happening. he was supposed to come and cancelled and heard nothing. BLECK! pain in the ***. weather time is coming for riding and I gotta get shoes.

I am wonky on the 'diet'. the losing part. I gained up 2 more. Now I am up 5--lost 1 from before. UP 5. I am slack. eating heavy lc then throwing in some carby stuff. not good.

I know I can power off the 5 literally in 2 days. BUT then I need to keep going down the scale. It is like---see you lost 5 lbs fast---now you can relax --uh it don't work that way.

I got that desperation feeling happening. I gotta stop that now. So back to basic lc again. I am not going to think about it. Just stop the heavy eating. stop the bite here and there and go into an easy eating lc way. simple/basic meals from my beginning of losing. my old meals I kinda got away from.

Will be ok. I mean some people need time to get adjusted and keep it moving in a forward positive way. this must be me LOL

So going to do a good lc week here and see how I stand and take it from there.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:26 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Got my week off to a good start with boot camp this morning. It's funny...my back is fine while I'm working out, but then it wants to tighten up. I'm relieved as that indicates it's a muscle thing and should pass with time and stretching.

Trig...I'm SO with you on the food logging. I have good intentions to do it in April, but I won't be surprised if I do it a day or 2 and then say the he!! with it! I'll get a starting weight tomorrow for my April challenge. I did peak at the scale today and it was up 2 from my low. No worries, I'm hoping for a whoosh this week!

Have a good one!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Well, yesterday was a super busy day here! It was 80 degrees here

I spent much of the day on the phone. I'm really not much of a phone talker. I tried contacting my Dad Saturday but no answer. So, I thought oh ok same old, same old, but then I got a text from him Sunday morning telling me to call him back. I did. We had a fabulous chat. I sent him some pics, which he was grateful for. He apologized for his mistakes and said he loved me. 2 things he's never done in past communications. He still sounds like a wild man and not fully grown up. C'mon you're 65, it's time LOL! We talked for an hour and a half! Says he'll call sometime this week, while he's on the road. He's a truck driver. I spoke to some of my siblings and let them know about it. They're not on board with speaking to him yet, but they're getting there. So all went well. It's a good start.

I am at 17 pounds lost! 3 to go for my 20 pound goal by my birthday in 11 days. It's doable!

Thanks for listening you guys! I am currently over the moon and very hopeful!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Well, yesterday was a super busy day here! It was 80 degrees here

I spent much of the day on the phone. I'm really not much of a phone talker. I tried contacting my Dad Saturday but no answer. So, I thought oh ok same old, same old, but then I got a text from him Sunday morning telling me to call him back. I did. We had a fabulous chat. I sent him some pics, which he was grateful for. He apologized for his mistakes and said he loved me. 2 things he's never done in past communications. He still sounds like a wild man and not fully grown up. C'mon you're 65, it's time LOL! We talked for an hour and a half! Says he'll call sometime this week, while he's on the road. He's a truck driver. I spoke to some of my siblings and let them know about it. They're not on board with speaking to him yet, but they're getting there. So all went well. It's a good start.

I am at 17 pounds lost! 3 to go for my 20 pound goal by my birthday in 11 days. It's doable!

Thanks for listening you guys! I am currently over the moon and very hopeful!
Nice goin goody!!
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful news Msgoody! Both your weight loss and reconnecting with your Dad.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

very cool MsGoody. things are working out for you!! that is great you have your Dad back and he spoke up and rallied!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 04:45 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Msgoody---over the moon is a very nice place to be. I'm happy for you. There are times in our lives that just click, and it seems you're in one of those times. You'll greet your birthday this year a healthier, slimmer gal, and one who reached out to her father, despite the disappointments. Nothing can take that away---well, except a couple of months back on the carbs.

Lori---I have tracked on and off in this last year on LC. Started again in January and have been quite committed. Lost between 3 and 4 lbs in January, then the big stall. Two months w/little to no weight loss, but still tracking every day.

Here's why. I often try to plan my food day, and entering that plan in my tracker every morning is very enlightening. There have been MANY times doing this has affected my decisions for the day.

I always start big, putting down as much as I think I might possibly like to eat. When that says to me, I start paring down my food plans for the day till I get to where I need to be, w/carbs and calories, and most often I stick to that.

Don't want to be in this stall, but sure as heck don't want to gain anything back either---fought to long and hard for this. I think tracking helps me, and all the on line trackers make it very easy to do.

Trigger---spring will finally come and you'll be back in the saddle again, in more ways than one. And may I say, having tried on clothes this afternoon to decide what to take to San Diego, now is NOT the time to roly poly our way back up---warm weather clothes are a lot less forgiving than winter clothes.

So this is a nice week for me leading up to my mini vacation. My biggest client is on vacation, and the others are quiet now too. Starting to pack for my trip---I actually enjoy this. However, , my suitcase going out always looks a lot better inside than the one coming home---at which point I don't care.

Since I'm stalled I'm making a point w/myself to note the NSVs that STILL happen for me every day. Today I realized I was packing some seriously fun clothes, ones I couldn't have come close to wearing a year ago.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

NSV

WTG Blue! I think you're so right. I'm in a new mode now. I'm committed to my health and to my family. Family is just so important. They could be gone in a second so don't take them for granted.

I changed my profile pic. The before and now. What a difference! Good bye Double chin, Hello Cheekbones! NSV's are as much fun if not more fun than losing the pounds for me. I've kinda got to the point now where I know about how many calories/carbs are in the stuff I'm eating. I'm still tracking things and it's fun to know I estimated correctly. I'm not as strict with myself. I know I still have at least 10 more pounds to go. I'll reevaluate probably in another 10 pounds and see where I want to be and plan to add some more stuff in, like fruits. I miss my fruits. They scare me a little so I've stayed away from them for the most part. Plus I get the headaches from the carbs so I'll be adding slowly to see how it affects me and the head LOL! I like the new me. Not only the weight part but I have truly changed immensely and I like this girl a lot! Self esteem is a wonderful thing to have. I have not loved myself for years so this is a welcome change for me!

Have a wonderful night on plan!

Hmm can't get the profile pic in. Will have to figure it out!!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-31-2014 at 05:30 PM..
Msgoody2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Here's the pic. I'll have to figure out how to get it in there. It's not working!

Success!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-31-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh, Msgoody, what a difference! You know, I see more here than just weight loss that sculpts us back into being what we were intended to be. I see a more peaceful, happier person in your new photo. Really lovely, from inside out I think.

You go girl!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Blue you are so right. now isn't the time to roly poly back up.
well, I wanted way more gone but on April 21 I go to Grey wolf Lodge--that indoor water park for kiddos. I will have fun,not a fan tho of parading around in my suit, but, eh, I am thinner --and I agree that with summer REALLY coming now I am back in weight loss mode.

super clean eating today WOOT! gotta take this seriously. I think I just got tired of trying. today I got out my Walk tape. holy. did 4 fast and big miles...got to 3. darn near killed me. but I am determined to do 3 miles every morning---see how long that lasts, but I am trying LOL

I am thrilled with your post!!! You sound so happy about this trip and the 'fun clothes' you are packing. I am so happy for you! You deserve every bit of those fun clothes cause you sure earned them!!!

I found a blacksmith FINALLY. whew. I was panicking. her front shoes are growing out and he is to call tomorrow to set up an appt. riding time is coming SOON for me. can't wait.

MsGoody your pics are great. I can see a diff for sure. You are succeeding in alot of ways in your life now. Enjoy every single part of it!!! Happy for you also

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-31-2014 at 11:39 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Blue & Trigger,

It's definitely great to do that; take a before and during picture. So, you can actually see the progress. I'm so glad I did that. Although, people are noticing I still really couldn't see the changes myself in the mirror. Isn't that weird? I had lost dress sizes so in my head I knew there were changes happening, but I couldn't actually visually see it myself. Even at my highest weight I couldn't really see how overweight I was. I don't know why we're so blinded in both scenarios.

I'm in the 140's and I'm very happy here. I still have some weight to lose but it's really wanting to hang on to me. I'm only 5'2" so even an extra 10 pounds does not look good on me and really shows.

I never thought for a second I would stick to this WOE. I even told my husband that when I started. I don't know why or even when my mindset changed to food is just fuel for the body, not the end all be all. In 36 days on this WOE I have never cheated. In the past if I cheated that was it. Just a downward spiral back to my old ways of eating. I do plan to cheat on my birthday, but I'm hoping I don't go crazy. My plan is to eat well all day and have a cheat dinner and maybe some drinks. Still 10 days to go and hopefully I can get 3 more pounds off of me by then.

No loss today, which is fine. Things are slowing down now. I'm noticing a lot more NSV's these days. I guess that's what you do when things slow down.

I have a busy Summer planned. In June a wedding in NY, July I'm thinking of going to visit my Mom in GA, and September I'm headed to Kentucky to my Dads family reunion and meet all his side of the family. It's a busy traveling Summer so I don't know how that'll play into my WOE. I'm pretty cemented in my diet so I hope I can make some good choices and not backslide. Time will tell.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Great picture Msgoody! What a difference. Being happy shows in your face for sure!

I'm just about ready to abandon calorie counting and food logging already! I just detest it! What I wanted was perspective on the amount of calories and other macros I eat on a normal day and I've accomplished that. I logged in a couple days of what I usually eat......even though what I logged yesterday didn't pan out. Sigh........ Anyway......I think I'm back to watching the carbs and hoping the best for the scale! Round and round I go!

I did a quick grocery store run over my lunch hour. I love getting it done then instead of waiting till the weekend. I just have time to shop and get everything home and put away and get back to work in an hour. It's a race, but I made it!

Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all.

So on April Fools day 25 years ago, my husband and I got married. We blinked, and we're here, all these years later, still happy together. If we're not as starry eyed as we were once were, we make up for it in realistic expectations, lots of laughs, and enjoyment of each other's company---as long as you don't hit those Mr./Mrs. hot points, LOL. But hey, our difference continue to spice it up too.

So very quick post. In the process of dolling myself up to got out to dinner w/friends and family tonight. There will be 10 of us, at one of our fave restaurants. My idea of the perfect party - smallish but deep with love.

I have already selected my LC choices, plus ate super light today. It will be all Will do all LC and yummy, but no promises on calories. Hubby is making me a gimlet as we speak, and we will toast the long and winding road, just the two of us, before we head out to celebrate.

I am a happy woman tonight.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AAAAHHHHHaahhh...that is great Blue. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy this great night!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Aww that's terrific, Blue! What an amazing accomplishment! I hope you had a wonderful time with friends celebrating yourselves.

No loss today. I'm still trucking along though. I haven't taken measurements in awhile. I probably should do that again, but I don't think too much has changed there. I'm still in a size 10 so I think my waist is the same. I'm thinking of buying a new pair of jeans for my casino trip. I don't have any jeans my size anymore.

I'm also hoping to place an order for some breads this week. We're coming into cookout season and I'd like to enjoy that too with some buns. I can just freeze whatever I'm not using right away, since I'm the only one concerned about carbs here.

Have a great day on plan!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

uh, summer shorts/capris etc. I sure gotta do that shopping also

not yet tho.

loss of 1/2 lb which I will take. step in right direction.

weather flipped finally. 80s here and wonderful. no shoer yet. my friend is riding and I am not. kill me ok! if no call from one guy tonight, Doc Martin told me of another blacksmith...will call and beg to the max!!!

doing well. alot of outside stuff happening. as usual when spring kicks in.

Blue---can't wait to hear about your night!!!

everyone be good
Old 04-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #113
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NurseChef
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/20/13
Was on Atkins last year, lost 45 lbs in 3 months but it's pretty grueling.
This time decided to go Paleo but I did see that I did great on oil, butter and full fat dressings/mayo. I used but didn't abuse those fats.
What I noticed was interesting. When I added fruit the weight came down better and pulled me out of a temporary plateau.
So here I have a list of foods on Paleo. Decided a chopped salad for Breakfast at Subway, an Atkins steak-egg frozen dinner for lunch and a 1 net carb Atkins vanilla shake snack.
I love low carb. I'm a Nurse who works night shift. I eat a meal around 2 am. This Program allows me to eat healthy, I'm not counting net carbs overall. I know for now this is a better way to go. I need to focus on other things and manipulate a few things. I see a ton of Paleo products. I'll try them out after 2 weeks because I want to get rid of water weight and get my body into weight loss mode. If I crave pasta or pizza I'm very focused more on portion control than rules. If I need to buy a WW or Lean Cuisine pizza so be it.
I'm in very bad shape with reference to cooking. I'm a Travel Nurse who has no kitchen just a mini fridge and microwave but I know with me drivi g to the grocery store and being aware of not eating the unhealthy fast food high sugar and white flour items this weight will start to come off but I also know I can't walk around hungry either.
At work I can buy a few things to stay in the fridge and should be ok from there.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

NurseChef! That sounds like a good plan. You have to make your plan work for you. So to you for taking control of your health and well being! We all do it the same way here one foot in front of the other!

Question, for those of you who are exercising. Do you find you need to increase your carbs/calories on days you work out? I know I'm definitely still in ketosis because I have that nasty taste in my mouth so I should be burning the fat at this point.

While I'm thinking of that, do you have the keto breath, if so what do you do for it? I brush my teeth and my tongue like crazy because I hate it and the film on my tongue. Blah!! So gross!!

on that half pound Trigger! KUTGW!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday all!

Msgoody...I wish I knew what to think about the exercising part. I do a strenuous boot camp workout 3-4 days a week and my weight is not going anywhere. I'm not sure what to think. I've been very careful with carbs since the end of October and I've been boot camping for 14 months with not much change on the scale. I think my body looks different, and some clothes are fitting better, but the scale......not cooperating. When I first started boot camp, I did the Dukan diet for 3 months and lost 25 lbs. I've been hovering around the same number on the scale ever since. Sometimes I think I'm not eating enough on workout days, but I'm too scared to eat more cause I sure as heck don't want to gain! It's all so confusing! If anyone has any words of wisdom, please share!

Blue...hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration! DH and I are celebrating 25 years this year too.....in July. We're going on a Mediterranean cruise in October for our celebration. Sure would like to shift some more of this weight by then!

Hope you're all having a good week!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Hey Lori,

I found this on the Atkins website. Check it out!

What is the Atkins Diet and Does the Atkins Diet Work? | Atkins
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Michelle...interesting reading. My boot camp is considered high intensity interval training, which is what they recommend. I guess I just have to be sure to get enough protein and let the pounds fall where they may!

Thanks again!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Thanks Michelle...interesting reading. My boot camp is considered high intensity interval training, which is what they recommend. I guess I just have to be sure to get enough protein and let the pounds fall where they may!

Thanks again!

Your Welcome! I thought it was interesting as well. For now, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, which is having protein right before and right after my workout. It's supposed to help with muscle repair and energy and I think it does! Protein shake or string cheese before and/or after. We'll see how that goes.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all.

Well, Ms. Blue experienced a foggy head and a general crappy feeling this morning, otherwise known as a hangover. Don't have those often, and actually, I'm kind of relieved I can still have that much fun!

We had a fantastic evening last night, w/those close and dear to us, everyone at our dinner table was at our wedding. We had a blast, w/many toasts, and many laughs.

Dinner was excellent and I was mostly, very good. I did have one big onion ring, and one small bite of a shared dessert, but otherwise, I stayed LC all the way. Although the calories in the alcohol…

You know, I realize how much of a life style this is becoming for me when I can do a major event in our life and happily stick mostly to low carb. A taste of this, a taste of that, but no need to take the celebration as an excuse to do the hog wild thing. (Trig, darlin', you really have to introduce our new friends on LCOW to what the hog wild looks like, )

Trigger---first of all, anything down is everything good! And OMG, girl, you always make me laugh: "no shoer yet. my friend is riding and I am not. kill me ok!"

As someone who has followed your passion to a new horse from months back, and someone who has seen you reach out over and over again for the ZEST in life, I so get it. And I'm so happy your Carolina blue skies are shining on you again. One way or another, we're going to do this Trig, and I have loved doing it w/you.

Lori---So you'll do the 25th anniversary thing on a cruise in July! How exciting! Don't know about you, but this kind of thing is so motivating to me. Use it to make every GOOD decision you can between now and then. I am of the belief that we must always look for the motivating factors---when one passes, we find a new one.

Msgoody---

NurseChef---a very warm welcome. Hang in there w/us and see what can happen!

That's all folks!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GLAD YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME BLUE! AM I YELLING TOO LOUD? HURTING YOUR HEAD? heehee.....I forgot what a hangover is. haven't gone that far with drinking in ages. bet I couldn't handle it LOL

Sure sounds like a wonderful time. Glad you enjoyed yourself. A taste here and there. That is what a maintain person would do and if you are comfortable already with that, then ya are way ahead of the game. cementing in those good traits to keep the weight loss gone! Keep the faith!!!

welcome, NurseChef. whew. You got it rough travelling but if you are conscious of what you eat, not the big fast food places etc. you will do well. Control yourself. Control your situations best you can. If we all do that we can do all do this

Lori, yea protein is key for you. with high intensity you do need to eat for sure. Don't focus on that scale number TOO much. You are changing your composition of your body. The scale won't really reflect that either so that toning/firming/changes are a good thing!!

I had a blah day yesterday. Got on my horse. She is tripping her front feet are long. Short ride up and down the road but at least I got on!
Waiting to see if that one guy calls today. If not by 2 or so, I am calling that other guy and begging my life away to get him here!

eating basic and simple and hope that works to keep me in control. My mind is wandering. the other day watching tv at lunch, I was munching down some beef brisket. so many food commercials came on. BOY I tell ya I wanted every single thing I saw on tv. I am so easily influenced it is scary sometimes well, I ended up eating a small bowl of cheetos! didn't hurt me, but I know I gotta watch this behavior. I know me and what I am capable of!

basic simple today also. alot of outside yard/barn work and should keep me busy!

throwing a chicken in for dinner. roasted chicken. yum. eat on that for days which is nice.

everyone be good!